PDA

View Full Version : Tips and Questions For Customizing Nick Turtles Figures

Cartoon Fanboy
10-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Hi guys, I just wanted to ask any customizer out there the following questions:

After you paint the figure, do you use a paint sealer? If so, which one do you use and where can it be purchased?
How can I post images of my customized figures (when I make one) on the Technodrome?
Is it possible to make articulations without cutting them from another figure? If so, how can I make one and what should I use?
Is it possible for me to make my own figure without using parts from other figures? If so, how and what can I use to make them?

I am asking these questions, because I have been seeing so many customized figures of the Nick Turtles. Some upgrades on the Playmates Toys figures and even some figures made by customizers, like human Karai. So because of this, I've became interested in customizing my own figures.

Candy Kappa
10-01-2015, 05:43 PM
After you paint the figure, do you use a paint sealer? If so, which one do you use and where can it be purchased?

It's recommendable.
But from personal experience Citadel paint can hold pretty well without being handled too roughly.

To avoid paint rubbing from joints, you can use some sandpaper and file down where the joints meet. There's

How can I post images of my customized figures (when I make one) on the Technodrome?

Photobucket, Flickr or any other hosting sites. Then image link it.

Is it possible to make articulations without cutting them from another figure? If so, how can I make one and what should I use?

Is it possible for me to make my own figure without using parts from other figures? If so, how and what can I use to make them?

you can sculpt your own parts using sculpting materials like Epoxy Clay, or sculpt then in a 3D program and print them out. There's many options, like buying Figma or Revoltech joints on eBay and use them.

Figure Realm have several tutorials.
https://www.figurerealm.com/customtutorial

Cartoon Fanboy
10-01-2015, 08:54 PM
It's recommendable.
But from personal experience Citadel paint can hold pretty well without being handled too roughly.

To avoid paint rubbing from joints, you can use some sandpaper and file down where the joints meet. There's

Photobucket, Flickr or any other hosting sites. Then image link it.

you can sculpt your own parts using sculpting materials like Epoxy Clay, or sculpt then in a 3D program and print them out. There's many options, like buying Figma or Revoltech joints on eBay and use them.

Figure Realm have several tutorials.
https://www.figurerealm.com/customtutorial

So you're telling me that I need a 3D printer or something like that? If so, where can I purchase one? I do believe those are expensive.

Powder
10-01-2015, 09:46 PM
He's telling you "you can sculpt your own parts using sculpting materials like Epoxy Clay, or sculpt then in a 3D program and print them out. There's many options, like buying Figma or Revoltech joints on eBay and use them."

Cartoon Fanboy
10-01-2015, 11:30 PM
He's telling you "you can sculpt your own parts using sculpting materials like Epoxy Clay, or sculpt then in a 3D program and print them out. There's many options, like buying Figma or Revoltech joints on eBay and use them."

Oh! I got you now! But how much would the joints cost on eBay? Is there even another place to purchase the articulations? Like I don't know, an arts and crafts store or toy store?