PDA

View Full Version : 20th century snacks?

Danetello
10-08-2015, 07:44 AM
Ok, so this is really a minor thing, but it bugged me, so I wanted to post it here to see what others think. I'd prefer only constructive answers, please. :trazz:

So in the episode Return of Savanti part 2 in season 4, Michelangelo throws some chips to some velociraptors, and shouts (and I'm paraphrasing), "Have some 20th century chow!" (he may have said snacks, I don't recall).
This made me wonder, was there a reason he specifically said 20th century? At this point in the series it's widely accepted that the TMNT are well into the 21st century (somewhere around 2005/06 at this point, I think).
I know it was in the heat of the moment, but would an intelligent person make that kind of mistake? Wouldn't you just say "21st century"?
I'm curious to know whether anyone else thought this was odd, or if it's just accepted that Mikey was "in the heat of the moment".

ABrown
10-08-2015, 09:15 AM
I think you're reading too much into it. The point was just that he was worried about present day food altering the past.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-08-2015, 09:18 AM
I know it was in the heat of the moment, but would an intelligent person make that kind of mistake? Wouldn't you just say "21st century"?

Uh, you're talking about MIKEY, remember? :tlol:

Danetello
10-08-2015, 09:19 AM
I actually think Mikey in the 2003 is quite smart compared to other incarnations. Lol.

I know I am really being picky with this one, but I just wondered what others thought anyway.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-08-2015, 09:35 AM
I actually think Mikey in the 2003 is quite smart compared to other incarnations. Lol.

I know I am really being picky with this one, but I just wondered what others thought anyway.

Agreed. But still, it's Mikey. A lot of people get 20th and 21st confused all the time.

ToTheNines
10-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Chips were invented in the 20th century?

Metropoliskid41
10-08-2015, 12:46 PM
I believe the potato chip dates back to the 1850's, and were pretty popular throughout America by the late 19th century.

So I guess Mikey would have been safe yelling 19th, 20th, or 21st Century Chow.

MsMarvelDuckie
10-08-2015, 05:52 PM
Potato chips may have been invented in the 19th century, but the advent of "couch potatoes" didn't take place until after TV was invented in the 1950's. I think Mikey was making a reference to the idea that eating junk food would probably make them fat and lazy, or something along those lines. It's Mikey, so OF COURSE his mind would go there! And yeah, he is pretty smart in 2K3, in spite of what some think.