PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Entertainment System turns 30 years old

TigerClaw
10-18-2015, 04:37 PM
Today, The Nintendo Entertainment System turns 30 years old, I'm sure many of you got an NES back in the days. :)
http://kotaku.com/happy-30th-birthday-nintendo-entertainment-system-1737218698

shuriken
10-18-2015, 04:39 PM
WOOOW. Well that's neat. If only I had my NES with me in College, I'd plop in Mike Tyson's punch out in celebration. Or Megaman, Contra, TMNT... Then hav it freeze up on me cuz that's just what it does.

TheCanadiandrome
10-18-2015, 04:42 PM
Hurray! Happy 30th BDAY to an amazing gaming machine that imo was ahead of it's time! :tparty::tparty::tparty::tparty::tthumbsu:

Used to have one myself, then traded it to a buddy for his Genesis. but regardless i always had a blast playing it

Mew
10-18-2015, 04:52 PM
I shall play SMB3 in honor.

Etsyturtle2
10-18-2015, 05:06 PM
I shall play SMB3 in honor.

I sold my nes.,!! NOOOOOOOOO!!! It sucks too. I got an offer of sixty. So we committed to that guy. But then we got offers for $90 and $100 and I cried. Because I was selling something I love for the lowest bidder. Thanks dad....
And the guy showed up over half an hour late. GAAAAHHHH! I'm crying now.

Mew
10-18-2015, 05:27 PM
I sold my nes.,!! NOOOOOOOOO!!! It sucks too. I got an offer of sixty. So we committed to that guy. But then we got offers for $90 and $100 and I cried. Because I was selling something I love for the lowest bidder. Thanks dad....
And the guy showed up over half an hour late. GAAAAHHHH! I'm crying now.
Virtual Console is all I have. :'(

Etsyturtle2
10-18-2015, 05:57 PM
Virtual Console is all I have. :'(

Ooh but I'm about to have virtual console...Muhhhahaha

Peanut
10-18-2015, 09:20 PM
I can't believe Nintendo didn't do anything for the 30th anniversary. Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised that NoA dropped the ball on something.

sdp
10-18-2015, 09:29 PM
Kind of crazy, I'm getting old. I still find it weird how a I got to play the generation of a console that came out before I was born. To me I played for years but in reality not that much time but I guess as a kid time feels longer. I still feel I just got my Wii U and I got it on launch.

I can't believe Nintendo didn't do anything for the 30th anniversary. Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised that NoA dropped the ball on something.
They didn't do anything for the 25th or 20th did they? The NES 3DS maybe should've come out this year or they should've made a limited NES Wii U. But yeah something bigger would've been nice, not even a sale on the eshop. Nintendo has been rather quiet with promotions after Iwata's passing though so maybe that's why we didn't get anything smaller at this moment.

Storm Eagle
10-18-2015, 10:23 PM
They didn't do anything for the 25th or 20th did they?

The least they did to acknowledge its 25th anniversary is put an article in Nintendo Power's November 2010 issue about it.

Anyway I'm glad I still have mine. The last time I used it was earlier this year to play Tetris, which I also got earlier this year.

TheCanadiandrome
10-19-2015, 01:32 AM
I'll play a lot of the classics via VC on the Wii and Wii U