PDA

View Full Version : Dying RPs

Shiro Kame
11-01-2015, 03:32 PM
We really, really, REALLY need to do something about this problem. For the first 2-3 years of me being on this forum, the RPs were live and booming, but now...they're deader than a door nail. We've really have to find a way to fix this problem, or I'm afraid that TMNT RPs will cease to exist for years...or forever. Anyone got any ideas that can get the RPs alive again?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-01-2015, 03:36 PM
We really, really, REALLY need to do something about this problem. For the first 2-3 years of me being on this forum, the RPs were live and booming, but now...they're deader than a door nail. We've really have to find a way to fix this problem, or I'm afraid that TMNT RPs will cease to exist for years...or forever. Anyone got any ideas that can get the RPs alive again?

I've never joined any RPGs, whether here or elsewhere, but I think if there were two groups of RPGs here--serious and anything-goes--it might be more appealing.

I mean, I wouldn't mind joining a game, but if it could be derailed into silliness at any moment or just become a mess of OCs... not really willing to invest. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

Blackeyedsonic
11-01-2015, 03:38 PM
Um spread out the rp's into difrent types? What if's/ crossovers/slight changes one where shredders a hero maybe? A fantasy world based on legends with each taking the place of someone from a fairy tail like April as little red ridding hood? I don't know....

Lethal Lullaby
11-01-2015, 03:49 PM
This section doesn't have any special rules or a Mod I believe. So you could do basically whatever. As long as it mostly follows the guidelines for the rest of this place. But I really don't wanna see the death of RPGS here. Maybe people can do rpgs that don't include all of the turtles if they want?

Shiro Kame
11-01-2015, 03:54 PM
I got it: How about a SAW parody, but with TMNT OCs and a few TMNT CCs? That would be kinda fun. Except maybe with a few changes to make it more original.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-01-2015, 03:57 PM
I got it: How about a SAW parody, but with TMNT OCs and a few TMNT CCs? That would be kinda fun. Except maybe with a few changes to make it more original.

Saw the horror movie franchise?

Shiro Kame
11-01-2015, 03:58 PM
Yeah, but I may include elements from other stuff like Portal.

Lethal Lullaby
11-01-2015, 03:58 PM

I would be down for this. Lol.

Mew
11-01-2015, 04:00 PM
I could join. I liked the first Saw.
I have an idea that Mikey has to melt Ice Cream Kitty to get his head slippery so he can get out of a giant Mutagen contraption that could double mutate him at any time.

Lethal Lullaby
11-01-2015, 04:10 PM
Yeah, but I may include elements from other stuff like Portal.

So people may have to be okay with their characters dieing too, right? I could handle that. If we do this, could I be Jigsaw or will he have a diff name?

Shiro Kame
11-01-2015, 04:12 PM
He'll probably be a different guy. As for characters dying, I'm not sure if I'll have them die or not. I'm going to opt for not for now...I'm not use to characters dying like that...and I've never actually seen Saw...Go ahead and laugh.

Lethal Lullaby
11-01-2015, 04:18 PM
He'll probably be a different guy. As for characters dying, I'm not sure if I'll have them die or not. I'm going to opt for not for now...I'm not use to characters dying like that...and I've never actually seen Saw...Go ahead and laugh.

Hmm. You should probably watch some of it to get a better idea of the saga. Lol but its basically play the game then live or die.

I've noticed you like doing sort of What if rpgs. Where you make a change of something that happens in the show then we roleplay how we imagined it would go out. Perhaps more ppl could try doing rpgs like that.

Lethal Lullaby
11-01-2015, 04:41 PM
Ooh maybe we could do like a Wizard of Oz Parody in the rpg section. Either as a cross over, or with the tmnt characters as the Oz characters? Idk lol

Etsyturtle2
11-01-2015, 04:51 PM
Recruit more members. Advertise. Have more interesting topics. I didn't usually rp because everything seemed like shipping and oc's. There's nothing wrong with that, but I want just normal good ok' turtles sometimes. Over andnout.

GoldMutant
11-01-2015, 04:52 PM
Anyone up for suggestions?

I would suggest trying to find a topic none of the previous RPGs have done rather than reboot our previous creations. The forums anywhere you look ooze creativity, best to do that. Think of my SAINW RPG for example as it wasn't done often, or expanding past the current TMNT versions and go for past installments if we can. :)

Second, mix up the roster of characters. We're used to the classic characters and the same fanmade characters, best to use more. For example, adding in an underused character like Scale Tail, Alopex, or even Bishop to spice up the competition. Also, balance the FC and CC with good writing to keep the story as interesting and getting easy investment in rather than prolong something that shouldn't last more than a few pages.

Finally, try to pull through with other members of the forums community. While others join in, others have seemingly vanished. Shiro, LL, you two are the runners so far but it might be best to experiment with other members, reaching out to expand the abilities previous. Who knows, you might be surprised. ;)

Do these three things, and I think the RPGs can be revived.

Etsyturtle2
11-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Yes I"910356789638483724747283"

Lethal Lullaby
11-01-2015, 05:04 PM
Yes. Shiro and I have been mostly running rpgs around here. But it doesn't mean that nobody else can make their own roleplays. And if people don't want any shipping in their rp's they can just state it in the start. I don't mind shipping and I love OCs, but I can do without once in awhile too. The problem is that some people sort of quit on you without warning.

Etsyturtle2
11-01-2015, 05:09 PM
Yes. Shiro and I have been mostly running rpgs around here. But it doesn't mean that nobody else can make their own roleplays. And if people don't want any shipping in their rp's they can just state it in the start. I don't mind shipping and I love OCs, but I can do without once in awhile too. The problem is that some people sort of quit on you without warning.

Exactly . It's just that a lot of stuff seems cliche and that's why I was never drawn . I guess you could say I kind of stereotyped you rpers. Prejudice never wins.:)
Definitely will be joining!

Lethal Lullaby
11-01-2015, 05:18 PM
Exactly . It's just that a lot of stuff seems cliche and that's why I was never drawn . I guess you could say I kind of stereotyped you rpers. Prejudice never wins.:)
Definitely will be joining!

Cliche? Stereotyped us? lol

Etsyturtle2
11-01-2015, 05:47 PM
Cliche? Stereotyped us? lol

What, my sense of good vocabulary bother you, i may be a kid, but I'm not an idiot.

Lethal Lullaby
11-01-2015, 05:51 PM
What, my sense of good vocabulary bother you, i may be a kid, but I'm not an idiot.

Wow. Okay. I DO know those words, but I mean how are we cliche? And what did you Stereotype us as?

Etsyturtle2
11-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Wow. Okay. I DO know those words, but I mean how are we cliche? And what did you Stereotype us as?

I was half-joking. I meant that I though rp was just a bunch of shippers and original characters and um.... Not gonna say the last one. BUT, I know that there is nothing wrong with that kind of stuff. I really don't mind oc's, but I just see so many of them. I have nothing against peeps like shiro kame, I just judged a book by its cover, you could say. It never seemed fun to me until recently because I never opened the "book". :D

Lethal Lullaby
11-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Ohh okay gotcha. Well maybe some rpg game masters can limit the amounts of OCS in their roleplays too if they want. And like I said before you can make your own roleplay and ask for no shipping.

Etsyturtle2
11-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Ohh okay gotcha. Well maybe some rpg game masters can limit the amounts of OCS in their roleplays too if they want. And like I said before you can make your own roleplay and ask for no shipping.

Oh. I mean, it's okay, I do it myself. It's just that it feels like peeps do it constantly and it can get annoying. And if I offended anyone, none was intended.

Lethal Lullaby
11-01-2015, 06:13 PM
Oh. I mean, it's okay, I do it myself. It's just that it feels like peeps do it constantly and it can get annoying. And if I offended anyone, none was intended.

Don't worry homie. You're fine. I'm sure nobody is too offended. I agree with you too in a way

Etsyturtle2
11-01-2015, 06:20 PM
ninja.Don't worry homie. You're fine. I'm sure nobody is too offended. I agree with you too in a way

Phew. 10 characters

Blackeyedsonic
11-01-2015, 06:20 PM
Every rp I make dies........so I'm not sure

Netkeeper
11-01-2015, 08:01 PM
As a veteran RPer that actually makes it a point to stay away from this section of the forum, I'll give my honest input.

Why I stay away, first and foremost, honest opinion:

The RP quality here is horrible. There are no standards. The grammar is terrible, the characterisation is flanderised or bare-bones if it's even there at all, and that's not even including the subject matter. Most of it seems uninspired.

What I think can be done to improve things:

Get some ****ing standards. Kick people out of an RP if they are playing badly. Don't let people double up on characters -- with so many members on the forums, we really should be making each RP "one character per member" in a thread.

Also, it doesn't help the status of an RP if you NEED to have someone to volunteer to play specific characters. Sure, there are lots of people here willing to play the Turtles and some other characters, but if, for instance, your RP needs an April and nobody is volunteering, you're screwed.

To get around this... stop making RPs with that structure. Make an RP with a plot and let people join as whoever they like [or set rules to characters] instead of providing a list and expecting people to join as one of those. I'd LOVE to jump on a literate RP here if I could play Simon Blackquill. Like. Can we have actual good RPs going on here?

Shiro Kame
11-01-2015, 08:05 PM
As a veteran RPer that actually makes it a point to stay away from this section of the forum, I'll give my honest input.

The RP quality here is horrible. There are no standards. The grammar is terrible, the characterisation is flanderised or bare-bones if it's even there at all, and that's not even including the subject matter. Most of it seems uninspired.

Get some ****ing standards. Kick people out of an RP if they are playing badly. Don't let people double up on characters -- with so many members on the forums, we really should be making each RP "one character per member" in a thread.

Also, it doesn't help the status of an RP if you NEED to have someone to volunteer to play specific characters. Sure, there are lots of people here willing to play the Turtles and some other characters, but if, for instance, your RP needs an April and nobody is volunteering, you're screwed.

To get around this... stop making RPs with that structure. Make an RP with a plot and let people join as whoever they like [or set rules to characters] instead of providing a list and expecting people to join as one of those. I'd LOVE to jump on a literate RP here if I could play Simon Blackquill. Like. Can we have actual good RPs going on here?
I have kicked people out of my RPs for being OOC. (Check out my "Too Far" RP for example). Also, I have learned my lesson on the multiple character RPs. I only let a person play 2-3 at maximum. The problem is that no one has volunteered much or contributed ever since Electric temporarily left.

Blackeyedsonic
11-01-2015, 08:07 PM

So you refuse to join other rp's because your to good for the rp's here basically

Lethal Lullaby
11-01-2015, 08:17 PM
You provide some good points Net. Maybe I could start doing some of what you suggested. And I guess you don't technically have to do only TMNT roleplays here either. I would like to play as characters not dealing with tmnt once in a while, too.

BTW Net, do you mean you would love to play as Simon Blackwell, as in the show he's from, or like in a cross-over roleplay? I try to stay in a Parastyle roleplay here in this section

Netkeeper
11-01-2015, 08:18 PM
I have kicked people out of my RPs for being OOC. (Check out my "Too Far" RP for example). Also, I have learned my lesson on the multiple character RPs. I only let a person play 2-3 at maximum. The problem is that no one has volunteered much or contributed ever since Electric temporarily left.
That's exactly my point, though. I'm saying one character per poster. No more than that. Not even two. The lack of volunteers are probably because of the horrendous RP quality in conjunction with the way you guys tend to set these up -- instead of constructing an RP around story, you're constructing it around what characters you personally want to be apart of it.

Make a setting -- for example, I dunno, "a world where all characters are stuck in a zombie apocalypse" -- and let people pick a single character but it can be any character they want whether it be an OC or canon [with power limits in place so people can't bring in superpowered gods and kill all the zombies in one go]. Ban script/illiteracy/one-line posts so the people that actually want to write in a writing hobby will feel at home.

EDIT:
You provide some good points Net. Maybe I could start doing some of what you suggested. And I guess you don't technically have to do only TMNT roleplays here either. I would like to play as characters not dealing with tmnt once in a while, too.

BTW Net, do you mean you would love to play as Simon Blackwell, as in the show he's from, or like in a cross-over roleplay?
I mean I'd like to do something panfandom. Where you can bring in characters from whatever franchises you like. My pick would be Simon Blackquill from Ace Attorney. [He's the guy in my avatar and one of the guys in my sig.]

Shiro Kame
11-01-2015, 08:19 PM
That's exactly my point, though. I'm saying one character per poster. No more than that. Not even two. The lack of volunteers are probably because of the horrendous RP quality in conjunction with the way you guys tend to set these up -- instead of constructing an RP around story, you're constructing it around what characters you personally want to be apart of it.

Make a setting -- for example, I dunno, "a world where all characters are stuck in a zombie apocalypse" -- and let people pick a single character but it can be any character they want whether it be an OC or canon [with power limits in place so people can't bring in superpowered gods and kill all the zombies in one go]. Ban script/illiteracy/one-line posts so the people that actually want to write in a writing hobby will feel at home.

That's why we're going to be experimenting with a new RP that basically you can be any character you want.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-01-2015, 08:21 PM

EDIT:

I mean I'd like to do something panfandom. Where you can bring in characters from whatever franchises you like. My pick would be Simon Blackquill from Ace Attorney. [He's the guy in my avatar and one of the guys in my sig.]

If RPGs were done in the way Net said, I'd probably join. But when superhero cats with katanas can be alongside my serious character (no offense, Mew), I'm not going to bother.

Netkeeper
11-01-2015, 08:24 PM
That's why we're going to be experimenting with a new RP that basically you can be any character you want.
I may be interested in it. It'd have to be of a more serious sort for me to really want to join, though -- so put me in the same boat as Cy.

Lethal Lullaby
11-01-2015, 08:25 PM

EDIT:

(It's a cute sig btw.)

And alrighty gotcha. I could probably start up something for an any Fandom characters type rpg which will be for only paraposters. (Sorry to those who aren't so much.)

Netkeeper
11-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Sounds exciting. Do you have any ideas for a plot/setting?

Lethal Lullaby
11-01-2015, 08:31 PM
Sounds exciting. Do you have any ideas for a plot/setting?

None good at the moment, unfortunately. I may have something later however.

Blackeyedsonic
11-01-2015, 08:33 PM
None good at the moment, unfortunately. I may have something later however.

I kinda have a idea you could use but I could not join a pararp but I would like to help you anyways if you need any input

Electric
11-01-2015, 10:52 PM
Though i was pretty active in the rp's here for awhile, i obviously have kinda fallen out. the main reason is just that life got extremely busy which made it difficult to keep up.

I agree with net, that plots should be the main focus, not characters, and that we should limit number of characters to one a person. However, i will be completely honest in admitting that by permitting any character was kind of a turn off for me. OCs are fine, Ive had a couple myself, but rps in the past have gotten to the point where theres just so many characters involved in so many different plots that it ends up being too complicated to manage. Probably an unpopular opinion here, but ill own it, in that I feel rps would do better here if they were more TMNT-esque. not that they have to directly relate to any particular series or anything, but just have some possibility to them. I think people sometimes add plots and characters that really just dont have a place or distract from whatevers going on. Too many times i have felt like the rps turn into something completely random where its just like "what is going on? " and then it gets less enjoyable as a TMNT rp. I dont know. Just my thought.

Structure and grammar is another issue. Im of the belief that rps like this in a forum where theres so many people work best if the pace is slower and more in depth: longer posts, more detail, not just one action, one dialogue then post. Again, its difficult to keep up with. And i myself am guilty of not typing the best (i tend to not use the shift key) but posts have got to be understandable, and have a little bit of formatting.

One last issue: too many rps. When i first joined, the rp section contained 1 rp by LL that lasted for a long time. I thought it worked better like that. Now it seems like every other day theres a new thread, and thats when we struggle to find characters. If im being a character in one rp, then another, then another, that spreads myself thin on how much i can really contribute to each one. if we as a group focus on just one or two solid rps, we should have no problem filling the rosters.
Im not trying to sound all high and mighty here, these are just my thoughts.

Lethal Lullaby
11-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Those are very good points too, Electric. And it's sad to admit that I've been displeased with how I've played characters sometimes (either my own or canon).

I feel as if I'm not strict enough sometimes. That I let too many things get by.

Shiro Kame
11-01-2015, 11:03 PM
Maybe we need to set up polls, that way we play only one RP at a time, everyone can play, everyone gets a chance to show their RP, and no one has to stress about doing multiple RPs.

Electric
11-01-2015, 11:15 PM
Lethal dont stress, it not like an individual, weve all done it.

Shiro, that sounds like a good idea. If we can get everyone to agree on one i think thatll solve the shortage of participants issue

Shiro Kame
11-01-2015, 11:17 PM
Lethal dont stress, it not like an individual, weve all done it.

Shiro, that sounds like a good idea. If we can get everyone to agree on one i think thatll solve the shortage of participants issue

Yeah. If everyone who has an RP posts the name of the RP and its details in a thread I will soon put up, we can then have a poll of what RP we do next...I have a feeling my RP might not get played for a while...

Electric
11-01-2015, 11:29 PM
Again with my seemingly unpopular opinion, in these rps, if we want to do them on a tmnt site, i think we need to be very strict with OCs. im sorry, but im of the belief they have to fit in the universe somehow (ie no crossover characters/characters basically dragged from some other media/ characters way too far out there) They cant have all these capabilties and all these indestructable natures with only 1 very small weakness cause it just isnt believable/enjoyable. I just think it detracts from the rps and i think we should be able to limit them is someone makes one like that.

I feel like im sounding incredibly rude about this, so i just want to say again, these are just my thoughts, everyone is welcome to disagree.

Lethal Lullaby
11-01-2015, 11:30 PM
Yeah. If everyone who has an RP posts the name of the RP and its details in a thread I will soon put up, we can then have a poll of what RP we do next...I have a feeling my RP might not get played for a while...

Should i say all my ideas in your thread or only pic one for now?

Shiro Kame
11-01-2015, 11:31 PM
Should i say all my ideas in your thread or only pic one for now?
You can say all of them. But I would prefer if you did it per post. Multiple posting's okay here as long as it's not spam.

Lethal Lullaby
11-01-2015, 11:41 PM
You can say all of them. But I would prefer if you did it per post. Multiple posting's okay here as long as it's not spam.

So one rp idea per post? is that what you mean? well with seeing Electric's semi-vague suggestion I hope i can make mine vague enough.

Netkeeper
11-01-2015, 11:43 PM
However, i will be completely honest in admitting that by permitting any character was kind of a turn off for me. OCs are fine, Ive had a couple myself, but rps in the past have gotten to the point where theres just so many characters involved in so many different plots that it ends up being too complicated to manage.
This problem can be easily solved by putting a cap on how many characters can join an RP at all. Like, idk, 15 can be a limit for one thread, but 10 for another. Each thread is allowed to have its own individual rules, y'know.

Sure, I definitely think some RPs can be strictly within the TMNT verse, but I also think we should have some RP where people can be whoever they want, because in a TMNT-verse RP, the canon characters get taken very quickly. And I personally only want to play one character.

Shiro Kame
11-01-2015, 11:43 PM
So one rp idea per post? is that what you mean? well with seeing Electric's semi-vague suggestion I hope i can make mine vague enough.

I just prefer to tell what the RP is about in synopsis. it's in the RP I posted on the ideas area.

Electric
11-01-2015, 11:53 PM
Lethal I'm not the rule maker here! Post however you want, that was just a suggestion to keep them open ended enough that we can develop our own plot from each idea, not have to consistently work our way to this plot point, then this plot point and so on, ya know?

Snakeweed
11-02-2015, 12:09 AM
So, I've never actually RP'd before, and apparently there's some issues or something in these right now, but when they all get resolved I may want to try!

Unworthy tinker
11-02-2015, 10:33 AM
Late on this, but if y'all every need someone to help start an RP, I'm here. Not as active, but I still lurk a lot, so there defiantly is time.

Ceres
11-02-2015, 11:02 AM
The main issue i have here is that most of the RP's are solemny based on the Nick Series which is one of my least favourite version of the TMNT for various reasons(such as the de-aging of certain characters...) Then there is a mix of two three OC's who are mainly love interests, distant cousins/brothers etc. of the Turtles/April or Casey and BAM. That's it. Mixing in totally confusing plot elements and mostly boring interactions(+grammar issues, i get it when people from other countries who are not as good in english as natives have struggles and make mistakes or faults, i am in the same boat being german and all and i don't even want to start on my grammar issues...but if i see some native english speakers here with their grammatic and sentences far below a foreigner, it get's kind of cringeworthy to follow the rp. This is mainly why i stopped my ongoing 87`s rp atm.

I have to agree with certain members here about the quality of certain rps, i won't name anyone. But its a little bit frustrating.

And another thing...I mean there are so many possibilities in rpying, in other verses too. For example the IDW verse, nearly no rp is going on with this continuity, or the Fred Wolf Cartoon! My RP included there are what, one, two? I wish for more diversity in rps which also contains other verses as just always the Nick verse *sigh*

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-02-2015, 11:07 AM
So I went ahead and submitted an idea. IDW/Mirage, serious comers only... I guess we'll vote on the options soon? What's the plan here, Shiro?

Ceres
11-02-2015, 11:11 AM
So I went ahead and submitted an idea. IDW/Mirage, serious comers only... I guess we'll vote on the options soon? What's the plan here, Shiro?

thank goodness, finally someone of few fellas who made a Mirage/IDW mix. I definitely will vote for your idea ~

Lethal Lullaby
11-02-2015, 11:30 AM
The main issue i have here is that most of the RP's are solemny based on the Nick Series which is one of my least favourite version of the TMNT for various reasons(such as the de-aging of certain characters...) Then there is a mix of two three OC's who are mainly love interests, distant cousins/brothers etc. of the Turtles/April or Casey and BAM. That's it. Mixing in totally confusing plot elements and mostly boring interactions(+grammar issues, i get it when people from other countries who are not as good in english as natives have struggles and make mistakes or faults, i am in the same boat being german and all and i don't even want to start on my grammar issues...but if i see some native english speakers here with their grammatic and sentences far below a foreigner, it get's kind of cringeworthy to follow the rp. This is mainly why i stopped my ongoing 87`s rp atm.

I have to agree with certain members here about the quality of certain rps, i won't name anyone. But its a little bit frustrating.

And another thing...I mean there are so many possibilities in rpying, in other verses too. For example the IDW verse, nearly no rp is going on with this continuity, or the Fred Wolf Cartoon! My RP included there are what, one, two? I wish for more diversity in rps which also contains other verses as just always the Nick verse *sigh*

I actually added an idea for the 87 cartoon too in the Ideas thread.

Shiro Kame
11-02-2015, 12:31 PM

I placed some rules in the ideas page.

Electric
11-02-2015, 10:55 PM
I think the main reason we usually stick to the 2012 verse is because that's the one were most familiar with. A lot of us don't know the IDW mirage ones, so we usually avoid them. I'd be more than willing to join if that's the verse we pick, I'd just need some leeway in terms of learning differences

Netkeeper
11-02-2015, 11:10 PM
So far there have been very few ideas that I can actually stick the character I want to play into. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Electric
11-02-2015, 11:19 PM
Just wondering: what character?

And why not throw an idea into the pot that they could fit in, we've all made RPs before, I don't think I've ever been in one by you, so it might be nice to mix it up and let someone new set it up (I know you've RPd before, just mean RP since I've been here)

Blackeyedsonic
11-02-2015, 11:21 PM
So far there have been very few ideas that I can actually stick the character I want to play into. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well may I suggest you give an idea to help

Netkeeper
11-02-2015, 11:48 PM
Just wondering: what character?

And why not throw an idea into the pot that they could fit in, we've all made RPs before, I don't think I've ever been in one by you, so it might be nice to mix it up and let someone new set it up (I know you've RPd before, just mean RP since I've been here)
An Ace Attorney canon character. He's a prosecutor.

I unfortunately don't have an idea right now. I may come up with one later.

Roland
11-03-2015, 02:09 PM
It seems people would like to post more than one post per day in RP. I have a bit of trouble posting more that one post per day but it seems like non-dying RPs have more than post per day per day. It could be that. I like the idea of polling for the next rp.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-03-2015, 02:25 PM
It seems people would like to post more than one post per day in RP. I have a bit of trouble posting more that one post per day but it seems like non-dying RPs have more than post per day per day. It could be that. I like the idea of polling for the next rp.

I would think that, over the span of a few days or a week, characters unable to post as frequently would naturally find themselves becoming supporting characters rather than main characters.

Nothing wrong with that, as long as that one-post-a-day is worth it and adds good meat to the progressing narrative.

A question I have is this:

Do ongoing RPGs form a discussion group where players can bounce ideas and/or questions off each other, think things out before they try to move a character or a plot a certain way?

Electric
11-03-2015, 02:59 PM
how ive usually encountered that is just through pm-ing the others if needed. most of the time we let the story just play out, and then occasionally throws ideas to others about where to direct it. However, we do have an rp group that we could utilize for that purpose

Shiro Kame
11-03-2015, 03:01 PM
Just a heads up: Everyone has a chance to post RP ideas until Sunday. After that, the RP vote poll will be up, and you won't be able to anymore for awhile.

Vikthefox
11-05-2015, 12:50 PM
It's possible that some people may have changed in terms of what inspires them creatively and that's why rps die because less people are inspired to do them. That's why I haven't rp'd in forever. I decided to go in a different direction creatively and said direction doesn't fit the TMNT verse. Just a thought.

Electric
11-05-2015, 05:08 PM
Not a solution, just to highlight what I feel is a major issue: grammar, language, and even just understanding.

Im sorry, but way too often there are posters that make absolutely no sense in their posts. Sometimes it is due to them not being able to convey more complex ideas in english, sometimes it is due to there being too many grammatical errors to understand, and a lot of times it seems like posters just dont pay attention to the plot/other characters/situations that are going on and ignore all of that to post whatever they want. All of which make it both difficult to figure out what is going on and make it less interesting to be involved in.

I hate to say that we should remove players, but honestly, if we really want to have a strong rp here, I think everyone is going to have to contribute or be left out. Not saying perfect grammar (i mess up/dont use proper capitalization/punctuation always) or that if you dont speak english you cant participate. Also not saying people have to stay consistently aware of everything in an rp and cant have their characters do something different. But if it is too difficult to understand your post, whether because you type or write in a very incorrect manner, or you are unable to stay on task, then I think something should be done...

Call me rude, or mean, or a jerk, but it is a problem here, whether anyone addresses it or not

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Not a solution, just to highlight what I feel is a major issue: grammar, language, and even just understanding.

Im sorry, but way too often there are posters that make absolutely no sense in their posts. Sometimes it is due to them not being able to convey more complex ideas in english, sometimes it is due to there being too many grammatical errors to understand, and a lot of times it seems like posters just dont pay attention to the plot/other characters/situations that are going on and ignore all of that to post whatever they want. All of which make it both difficult to figure out what is going on and make it less interesting to be involved in.

I hate to say that we should remove players, but honestly, if we really want to have a strong rp here, I think everyone is going to have to contribute or be left out. Not saying perfect grammar (i mess up/dont use proper capitalization/punctuation always) or that if you dont speak english you cant participate. Also not saying people have to stay consistently aware of everything in an rp and cant have their characters do something different. But if it is too difficult to understand your post, whether because you type or write in a very incorrect manner, or you are unable to stay on task, then I think something should be done...

Call me rude, or mean, or a jerk, but it is a problem here, whether anyone addresses it or not

Should my idea be chosen, I will ABSOLUTELY be exercising strong criteria for continued gameplay.

Maybe I'm stepping on toes by that, seeing how I've never participated before. But I'll be bringing my A-Game and doing my best not to waste anyone's time... I will expect the same in return.

But hell, whether mine or somebody else's, if I'm in, I'm ALL IN. Balls to the walls, as I say.

Electric
11-05-2015, 05:36 PM
Dont worry about stepping on anyones toes. At this point it has to be done. Its an rp, if you get kicked out, no one should be too hurt over it. But with that, youve gotta pull your own weight.

We have a few "problem" members here and there that dont add anything to rps and end up just distracting from/ruining them. Before weve usually just tolerated it. I think we shouldnt have to any more

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Dont worry about stepping on anyones toes. At this point it has to be done. Its an rp, if you get kicked out, no one should be too hurt over it. But with that, youve gotta pull your own weight.

We have a few "problem" members here and there that dont add anything to rps and end up just distracting from/ruining them. Before weve usually just tolerated it. I think we shouldnt have to any more

People should take group writing seriously.

Blackeyedsonic
11-05-2015, 05:45 PM
I honestly think a elitist attitude is never good and we should make a rp place where anyone can come to have fun and play as long they work together and are willing to compromise no one should be disallowed for not being at a certain skill level

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2015, 05:47 PM
I honestly think a elitist attitude is never good and we should make a rp place where anyone can come to have fun and play as long they work together and are willing to compromise no one should be disallowed for not being at a certain skill level

It's not about skill, though. If you're earnest about it and not playing it off as a joke, you'll put some effort into it.

And not every RPG has to be that, of course. But I have no interest in the silly or casual ones... and it sounds like a handful of other members share this sentiment.

Blackeyedsonic
11-05-2015, 05:51 PM
It's not about skill, though. If you're earnest about it and not playing it off as a joke, you'll put some effort into it.

And not every RPG has to be that, of course. But I have no interest in the silly or casual ones... and it sounds like a handful of other members share this sentiment.

I can understand your view it's just I've seen rp groups go all serious and become to intimidating for new guys to join in I've seen many of them die from that so I'm just saying we need to remember it's a game if it's ever to the point where it's elite so new guys can't enter then well we go to far like in all things you need to balance the serous with the silly

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2015, 05:55 PM
I can understand your view it's just I've seen rp groups go all serious and become to intimidating for new guys to join in I've seen many of them die from that so I'm just saying we need to remember it's a game if it's ever to the point where it's elite so new guys can't enter then well we go to far like in all things you need to balance the serous with the silly

And that's fine. But the recent discussion has been that RPGs have been dying out on here, and the majority opinion so far posting say that a big deterrent to participating is the poor effort and silliness.

I don't imagine people who just want silly pizza fun will stop, nor should they. But at that same time, both types of storytelling should coexist and not force themselves on the other... and at the same time, respect the other type of story by NOT interfering.

I promise not to "grimdark" up anybody's flight of fancy. :twink:

Electric
11-05-2015, 06:01 PM

There is a reason you have this view...

And let me explain. We arent taking a view that only experienced players can participate. People can join, make mistakes, play with all different experience levels.

However, regardless of if youre brand new or youve been here awhile, if we cannot understand your posts because you dont type competently enough to make sense, or you consistently post things with your characters that do not fit/make sense within the rp or even continually get it off track, then you do nothing but hinder the rp, and should just be left out.

The reason for this is it comes down to effort. Put some effort into posts, make sure they make sense, and also put some effort into the rp. read others posts and make sure youre sticking with the plot reasonably. Make sure your character isnt always hogging attention or starting only plots revolving around them. Sometimes things wont go your way and youll just have to adapt and go with the flow. it happens. These come down to effort, not ability.

Blackeyedsonic
11-05-2015, 06:03 PM
And that's fine. But the recent discussion has been that RPGs have been dying out on here, and the majority opinion so far posting say that a big deterrent to participating is the poor effort and silliness.

I don't imagine people who just want silly pizza fun will stop, nor should they. But at that same time, both types of storytelling should coexist and not force themselves on the other... and at the same time, respect the other type of story by NOT interfering.

I promise not to "grimdark" up anybody's flight of fancy. :twink:
Alright I respect that a serious story can be very fun in it's own way honestly I'm just worried about the one rp at a time vote thing I think we should always have at lest 2 one serous one silly and maybe a third that's a bit of both that way there's something for ones who can't do the long post serous ones ya know a game for everyone wether hardcore or not

Electric
11-05-2015, 06:06 PM
Alright I respect that a serious story can be very fun in it's own way honestly I'm just worried about the one rp at a time vote thing I think we should always have at lest 2 one serous one silly and maybe a third that's a bit of both that way there's something for ones who can't do the long post serous ones ya know a game for everyone wether hardcore or not

Youre back tracking. If we try for 2, then 3, inevitably there will be 4, or 5, and when this happens, all were doing is spreading participants thin between characters, and thats what leads to our issues. Look at all the rps we have. Theres like 20 and people add new ones every day. they get an idea, post it, get another idea, post it, get another idea, etc. Then look at all the threads that die off immediately. This is why. We need some organization here. For the first year I was here, there was only 1 rp in this thread and it worked. Characters were filled, it was easier to keep track of, etc.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2015, 06:12 PM
There is a reason you have this view...

And let me explain. We arent taking a view that only experienced players can participate. People can join, make mistakes, play with all different experience levels.

However, regardless of if youre brand new or youve been here awhile, if we cannot understand your posts because you dont type competently enough to make sense, or you consistently post things with your characters that do not fit/make sense within the rp or even continually get it off track, then you do nothing but hinder the rp, and should just be left out.

The reason for this is it comes down to effort. Put some effort into posts, make sure they make sense, and also put some effort into the rp. read others posts and make sure youre sticking with the plot reasonably. Make sure your character isnt always hogging attention or starting only plots revolving around them. Sometimes things wont go your way and youll just have to adapt and go with the flow. it happens. These come down to effort, not ability.

Youre back tracking. If we try for 2, then 3, inevitably there will be 4, or 5, and when this happens, all were doing is spreading participants thin between characters, and thats what leads to our issues. Look at all the rps we have. Theres like 20 and people add new ones every day. they get an idea, post it, get another idea, post it, get another idea, etc. Then look at all the threads that die off immediately. This is why. We need some organization here. For the first year I was here, there was only 1 rp in this thread and it worked. Characters were filled, it was easier to keep track of, etc.

You. I like you. :tgrin:

Electric
11-05-2015, 06:17 PM
Appreciate it! Just trying to make sure we fix the RP forums so we can all get back into them

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2015, 06:23 PM
Appreciate it! Just trying to make sure we fix the RP forums so we can all get back into them

I'm excited... about half of the ideas posted so far seem like something I can sink my teeth into. Looking forward to stuff!

Suggestion: I think each RPG should have it's own Character Profiles thread. That might provide a bit too much clutter, but honestly, looking over the existing Character Profiles thread, that's already pretty long. Would hate to overlook someone's post, and would also like avoiding having to look for the right RPG in there.

Is that feasible, or not worth doing?

Blackeyedsonic
11-05-2015, 06:25 PM
But if we shut down other rpers that could make things worse in the long run we need rpers who are willing to try new ideas and not just stick to the one way only approach

(I admit I'm stuck on a old iPod so I'm not the best at long post and that's part of why I worry sometimes I'm not the best rper that's for sure.....my OC's sometimes suck or most of the time they do......but I don't want this to turn into a place where rp's like mine are not allowed....I just want everyone to be able to have fun rp's are games after all is said and done)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2015, 06:32 PM
But if we shut down other rpers that could make things worse in the long run we need rpers who are willing to try new ideas and not just stick to the one way only approach

(I admit I'm stuck on a old iPod so I'm not the best at long post and that's part of why I worry sometimes I'm not the best rper that's for sure.....my OC's sometimes suck or most of the time they do......but I don't want this to turn into a place where rp's like mine are not allowed....I just want everyone to be able to have fun rp's are games after all is said and done)

No offense, Sonic, but at the moment you're the one who sounds like you're not willing to try new ideas.

Electric
11-05-2015, 06:32 PM

And I get that, but were not preventing that. What i am trying to prevent is when everyone else is involved in this main central plot or a few other relatvie ones, and then in comes one players character with this distracting, unecessary plot that just makes everything more difficult. Im trying to prevent a player having a pivotal character in a plot, and not paying attention to anything thats going on and instead just has their character go focus on something else an ignore the others. Im trying to avoid players getting confused because a post by a player makes absolutely no sense, or that everytime they post it just takes space. Im trying to avoid OCs literally controlling and dominating rps, becoming overpowered, turning every rp into a crossover, taking a drama plot and making it a game of "House", or having so many that it cannot even be distinguished as a form of tmnt rp

No one is restricting you from making your own rps. However, if we are going to try and create a working, central rp for many people to enjoy, instead of this mess, we need some organization, people need to pull their own weight, and if they dont, they wont be included in said rp

Electric
11-05-2015, 06:35 PM
No offense, Sonic, but at the moment you're the one who sounds like you're not willing to try new ideas.

Double post, but this deserves a THANK YOU

Lethal Lullaby
11-05-2015, 06:38 PM
I'm excited... about half of the ideas posted so far seem like something I can sink my teeth into. Looking forward to stuff!

Suggestion: I think each RPG should have it's own Character Profiles thread. That might provide a bit too much clutter, but honestly, looking over the existing Character Profiles thread, that's already pretty long. Would hate to overlook someone's post, and would also like avoiding having to look for the right RPG in there.

Is that feasible, or not worth doing?

I like that suggestion you got there. But I think an easier idea would be for people to include links to their character's profile. So you say who your character is, provide their link, and the OP of the RP thread can hyperlink (right?) The character's name. Then ppl just gotta go to the first page of the RP, click a character's name and boom character profile.

Other than that I just can't wait to see what RP most of us'll be playing. ^-^

Blackeyedsonic
11-05-2015, 06:39 PM
And I get that, but were not preventing that. What i am trying to prevent is when everyone else is involved in this main central plot or a few other relatvie ones, and then in comes one players character with this distracting, unecessary plot that just makes everything more difficult. Im trying to prevent a player having a pivotal character in a plot, and not paying attention anything that going on and instead just has their character go focus on something else an ignore the others. Im trying to avoid players getting confused because a post by a player makes absolutely no sense, or that everytime they post it just takes space. Im trying to avoid OCs literally controlling and dominating rps, becoming overpowered, turning every rp into a crossover.

No one is restricting you from making your own rps. However, if we are going to try and create a working, central rp for many people to enjoy, instead of this mess, we need some organization, people need to pull their own weight, and if they dont, they wont be included in said rp

I have tried to make my own rp's they don't last because I have a hard time getting someone to join so with a big central rp how can a other rp get members?

And I agree a rp should stick to it's plot and not be dragged into a OC's full story or even a cannon characters full story in a OC driven rp

Blackeyedsonic
11-05-2015, 06:41 PM

I am always willing to try a new idea I've just done what your suggesting before if this goes forward I will try it again it is only fair but everyone should get a say before it starts right?

Electric
11-05-2015, 06:42 PM
I have tried to make my own rp's they don't last because I have a hard time getting someone to join so with a big central rp how can a other rp get members?

And I agree a rp should stick to it's plot and not be dragged into a OC's full story or even a cannon characters full story in a OC driven rp

Youre not getting it. Our goal here is to have a good successful rp or TWO. Not everyone is going to get to use their own rps if were going to try and make them work. Our goal is not make sure your rp gets members, his rp gets members, and her rp gets members. Sorry, lo siento. Again, technically no one is stopping you from setting up your own rp, but i think most of use are on board with a central one to get things going well here again. And if you want to participate, i think you should have to make sense/pay attention

We want ONE voted upon RP where every person has only 1 or two characters and can solely focus on this. We dont want new rp threads everytime you think of one. That just makes things difficult. Thats when members dont join

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2015, 06:50 PM
I like that suggestion you got there. But I think an easier idea would be for people to include links to their character's profile. So you say who your character is, provide their link, and the OP of the RP thread can hyperlink (right?) The character's name. Then ppl just gotta go to the first page of the RP, click a character's name and boom character profile.

Other than that I just can't wait to see what RP most of us'll be playing. ^-^

Ooh, that's brilliant. :tsmile:

Youre not getting it. Our goal here is to have a good successful rp or TWO. Not everyone is going to get to use their own rps if were going to try and make them work. Our goal is not make sure your rp gets members, his rp gets members, and her rp gets members. Sorry, lo siento. Again, technically no one is stopping you from setting up your own rp, but i think most of use are on board with a central one to get things going well here again. And if you want to participate, i think you should have to make sense/pay attention

We want ONE voted upon RP where every person has only 1 or two characters and can solely focus on this. We dont want new rp threads everytime you think of one. That just makes things difficult. Thats when members dont join

That's what has kept people like me from joining: chaos.

Blackeyedsonic
11-05-2015, 06:52 PM

Hold on it was people just leaving rp's for no reason that caused this others made rp's to get them back when old ones died it became cycle that leads to to many rp's as creators creat more in hopes of getting the rp's going again I hope this vote reignites interest and I would love to join a awesome rp in the future

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Hold on it was people just leaving rp's for no reason that caused this others made rp's to get them back when old ones died it became cycle that leads to to many rp's as creators creat more in hopes of getting the rp's going again I hope this vote reignites interest and I would love to join a awesome rp in the future

The grammatical and sentence structure of your current posts are an example of one of the main reasons I haven't joined RPGs. It's very hard to understand what you're trying to get across.

To reiterate what has been said before:
#1 Incomprehensible Writing
#2 Lack of Appealing Stories / Inane Chaos
#3 Mishmash of Random Characters

If those reign supreme, I'm not interested.

Blackeyedsonic
11-05-2015, 07:13 PM
The grammatical and sentence structure of your current posts are an example of one of the main reasons I haven't joined RPGs. It's very hard to understand what you're trying to get across.

To reiterate what has been said before:
#1 Incomprehensible Writing
#2 Lack of Appealing Stories / Inane Chaos
#3 Mishmash of Random Characters

If those reign supreme, I'm not interested.

I am very sorry if my post are hard to read I tried to exsplain I have hard time because of the device I'm on...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2015, 07:19 PM
I am very sorry if my post are hard to read I tried to exsplain I have hard time because of the device I'm on...

Hey, I'm not calling you a terrible person or anything. I'm just letting you know... regardless of why, it's hard to read. And that's a deterrent.

GoldMutant
11-05-2015, 07:25 PM
It's times like this where I should quote something, I know what it'll be:

"It isn't organized, but let's try to be civilized." ~Juror 4 (Twelve Angry Men)

The lack of balance is ultimately kills these stories easily, ranging from a mix of terrible ideas added in, people OPing their characters to make them near invincible, or just simply other issues that relate to their own lives. You know who you are, so I can respect if you struggle. Either way it's quite a pain the bum.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2015, 07:28 PM
It's times like this where I should quote something, I know what it'll be:

"It isn't organized, but let's try to be civilized." ~Juror 4 (Twelve Angry Men)

The lack of balance is ultimately kills these stories easily, ranging from a mix of terrible ideas added in, people OPing their characters to make them near invincible, or just simply other issues that relate to their own lives. You know who you are, so I can respect if you struggle. Either way it's quite a pain the bum.

Wait... why are homeless people pained by our RPG struggles?

(Yes, I made a pun. I'm sorry. I promise not to do it again. Or... well, I won't do it again in the next two minutes.)

GoldMutant
11-05-2015, 07:33 PM
Wait... why are homeless people pained by our RPG struggles?

(Yes, I made a pun. I'm sorry. I promise not to do it again. Or... well, I won't do it again in the next two minutes.)

:o

I mean Cy is some people do have their own lives to take care of, it's what I had to do myself and I'm sure the same for everyone else. Though life can be a hassle, its problematic when they can't appear often; upon return, immediately reintroduced into the story could be a bit difficult without some kind of writing creativity.

Blackeyedsonic
11-05-2015, 07:33 PM
Hey, I'm not calling you a terrible person or anything. I'm just letting you know... regardless of why, it's hard to read. And that's a deterrent.

I understand and I will try to improve.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2015, 07:36 PM
I understand and I will try to improve.

If you type as fast as you run, it's no wonder you're a little hard to read.

Who wins in a race? Blue hedgehog or the Scarlet Speedster? :trazz:

Blackeyedsonic
11-05-2015, 07:41 PM
If you type as fast as you run, it's no wonder you're a little hard to read.

Who wins in a race? Blue hedgehog or the Scarlet Speedster? :trazz:

Lol blue hedgehog of corse

Lethal Lullaby
11-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Sebastian, the demon butler wins. Lol he can stop a bullet from hitting Ciel with the gun being only inches from Ciel's face. X3

Okay I'm sorry, but I don't think 'my posts are bad, because I type on an iphone' should really count much as an excuse. I mean it's just about the same as a touch screen, right? Most the time I reply here, I reply from my smartphone, and my posts- for the most part- are at least legible. And just curious, do I phone's have a spell check option?

Powder
11-05-2015, 07:56 PM
I don't RP, but as an objective outsider, I can definitely see why you're frustrated, Electric. A big part of why the whole concept puts me off is because most of the RP'ing I see is just atrocious grammatically. There's no structure, people giving their OC's spotlight, nonsensical commentary, typos, improper word usage, you name it. Point blank, it's not for me, but there have been times I've come close to humoring it but immediately cast the thought aside as I wouldn't be able to tolerate a lack of proper English, no matter the reason behind it.

But to be frank, if you want to have a decent session or whatever, this probably isn't the place for it. I mean, there's really such a small group of people on the boards who are interested in RP, & you could easily cut that tiny demographic in half or more when it comes to dividing those who know how to write, & those who don't. Maybe you should just make a custom group here for a select few to do your advanced material, invite some others from outside sites to join in (if you have/know any) & everyone else can just carry on in disarray here in the main section. :tlol:

Electric
11-05-2015, 09:46 PM
Thanks Powder. And hope that maybe if we can clean it up you'll reconsider.

As far as a separate group, we've attempted to a varying degree of success

Unworthy tinker
11-05-2015, 10:21 PM
I know that this has kinda already been suggested, but yeah, why not keep two RPs? That's it, strictly two at a time. One serious one, and one silly one, that way everyone gets what they want, but it's still organized.

Dare I say, do two polls at once? Dark ideas in one, lighthearted in the other, and that's it until one is done and the cycle starts over to choose the next one of that genre.

Dunno, might not be as organized as everyone wants, but still, it's an idea.

Electric
11-05-2015, 10:38 PM
I find no issue in that. As long as it stays at a low number, that way people don't have to worry about too many

Lethal Lullaby
11-05-2015, 11:28 PM
i think the idea's interesting too, UT.

So, I hope I'm not the only one who's thinking about/noticing this:

There are, so far, 16 different RP plot ideas (although I probably shouldn't count a certain few of them.) There are also less than 10 of us. So if I'm correct all of those ideas are going to be set in a poll by Shiro for just the few of us to select. Do we not see how far spaced that may be in the results? (Also I hope I'm making sense.) Not to mention I suggested that when it comes to voting, people really shouldn't vote for their own idea, but i don't know too much on how people will go with that.

I guess I'm just trying to ask: Will all the ideas be polled or should just about half of them be polled? I also think it should include one from each member who posted there in the ideas thread. Person A's, person B's, person C's so on. (LOL i'm not really too sure if I'm getting my point across how I really want to.)

Blackeyedsonic
11-06-2015, 01:30 AM
i think the idea's interesting too, UT.

So, I hope I'm not the only one who's thinking about/noticing this:

There are, so far, 16 different RP plot ideas (although I probably shouldn't count a certain few of them.) There are also less than 10 of us. So if I'm correct all of those ideas are going to be set in a poll by Shiro for just the few of us to select. Do we not see how far spaced that may be in the results? (Also I hope I'm making sense.) Not to mention I suggested that when it comes to voting, people really shouldn't vote for their own idea, but i don't know too much on how people will go with that.

I guess I'm just trying to ask: Will all the ideas be polled or should just about half of them be polled? I also think it should include one from each member who posted there in the ideas thread. Person A's, person B's, person C's so on. (LOL i'm not really too sure if I'm getting my point across how I really want to.)
I understand each poster should only get one rp put into the poll and we should vote on what we wanna play as a group not just what we made.

Shiro Kame
11-06-2015, 01:32 AM
I understand each poster should only get one rp put into the poll and we should vote on what we wanna play as a group not just what we made.

Sounds fair. And after that, we can still use the main post, and not have to do a new one. Looks like everyone who posted more than once had better pick their favorite....or have another poll based on that LOL ;)

Lethal Lullaby
11-06-2015, 01:40 AM
Oh and I decided to remove my Lungs & Livers & Bladders & Hearts rp idea from the ideas thread. I've decided that the only way it'll work in my favor is if I just make my own fanstory of it. lol

Electric
11-06-2015, 01:43 AM
We've gotta keep in mind that if we do this right *hopefully* there will be more people willing to devote time to it than those that are posting ideas

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-06-2015, 08:13 AM
Well, make it an open poll so you can make sure nobody votes for their own.

It's a common enough thing; you can submit, but you can't vote for your own. Honesty, mates! Tis the best policy according to some.

Ceres
11-06-2015, 08:22 AM
a little unrelated but what happened with all the other rps here? I mean there were at least 3 sites full of rps xD. Did they got erased or something? Wondered about it.

Shiro Kame
11-06-2015, 01:03 PM
I think I'm gonna have two RP poles: one for the dramatic stories, one for the silly ones so that new members can join and have fun with old members who "just wanna have f-un."

Netkeeper
11-06-2015, 01:09 PM
Implying serious literate RP isn't fun.

Blackeyedsonic
11-06-2015, 01:15 PM

Not really just that for some it's a hobby something to do as they do something else so one witch is more relaxed could be used for that with less stress if you mess up.

Shiro Kame
11-06-2015, 01:16 PM
LOL, I said dramatic, not serious. Also, is Serious Sam not fun then?

Anyways, yeah, I think two RPs may be the best course of action at the moment.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-06-2015, 01:21 PM

This. Well said, my man.

Blackeyedsonic
11-06-2015, 01:25 PM
This. Well said, my man.

So miss using a word that means the ability to read and wright is a good thing? I mean I never said I was perfect but I know just being able to read and right legible or not makes someone literate. If they wore not they could not even be here to rp.

Electric
11-06-2015, 01:43 PM
So miss using a word that means the ability to read and wright is a good thing? I mean I never said I was perfect but I know just being able to read and right legible or not makes someone literate. If they wore not they could not even be here to rp.

Count the number of grammatical errors you made in this one post. Please don't blame it on your iPod. I still struggle to understand that first sentence

Shiro, two rps is fine with me. People who don't want to to take it as seriously and devote time, and those that do

Lethal Lullaby
11-06-2015, 01:46 PM
So misusing a word that means the ability to read and write is a good thing? I mean I never said I was perfect but, I know just being able to read and write legible, or not, makes someone literate. If they were not, they could not even be here to rp.

Is that what you're trying to say?

By the way,
lit·er·ate
ˈlidərət/
adjective
1.(of a person) able to read and write.

Electric
11-06-2015, 01:48 PM
Ah, thank you Lethal. Much better.

You're right BES. People who cannot show their literacy cannot RP here.

Blackeyedsonic
11-06-2015, 01:48 PM
Count the number of grammatical errors you made in this one post. Please don't blame it on your iPod. I still struggle to understand that first sentence

Shiro, two rps is fine with me. People who don't want to to take it as seriously and devote time, and those that do

Again you kinda missed the point.

I'm not good at grammar I know this I'm trying to improve I may be not be legible all the time,witch I admit my spelling is bad my sentence structure but I'm literate and to imply otherwise is not right

Lethal Lullaby
11-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Again you kinda missed the point.

I'm not good at grammar I know this I'm trying to improve I may be not be legible all the time,witch I admit my spelling is bad my sentence structure but I'm literate and to imply otherwise is not right

I'd say you're half literate. You can read clearly, but it's just your writing that you need to improve on.

Blackeyedsonic
11-06-2015, 02:03 PM
Ah, thank you Lethal. Much better.

You're right BES. People who cannot show their literacy cannot RP here.

No I didn't say show look I respect you. I am not trying to fight but learning to read and wright was a big deal for me it was hard I was told I'd never be able to honestly just give up so this gets under my skin. I'm gonna walk away for a bit take a breather and keep trying to improve. I'm sorry if you can't read this...

Ceres
11-06-2015, 04:17 PM
I probably will get sued for this but one problem these rps also have are the OCs/Fancharacters , not all...some of them just scream MARY SUE out of all pores and its really hard when they get mixed up in the roleplay because on how they are played...its just ugh.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-06-2015, 04:26 PM
I probably will get sued for this but one problem these rps also have are the OCs/Fancharacters , not all...some of them just scream MARY SUE out of all pores and its really hard when they get mixed up in the roleplay because on how they are played...its just ugh.

Let's make a new rule:

If a character becomes OP or "Mary Sue", the creator of the current RP is not only allowed, but required, to kill off that problem character in a gruesome, brutal, and/or humiliating fashion. :tgrin:

Shiro Kame
11-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Let's make a new rule:

If a character becomes OP or "Mary Sue", the creator of the current RP is not only allowed, but required, to kill off that problem character in a gruesome, brutal, and/or humiliating fashion. :tgrin:

Or ask them to stop, tell them what's wrong, and then terminate if this continues to be an issue. And in a nice way that's not going to make them leave for good and never learn from their mistakes.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Or ask them to stop, tell them what's wrong, and then terminate if this continues to be an issue. And in a nice way that's not going to make them leave for good and never learn from their mistakes.

Or that, yeah. :tgrin:

Lethal Lullaby
11-06-2015, 06:23 PM
Lol. I do enjoy reading this thread. And I can't wait 'til Sunday. X3

Shiro Kame
11-06-2015, 06:29 PM
Yeah, hopefully we'll get to play something good the week after...or should we cut the time to Wednesday?

Lethal Lullaby
11-06-2015, 06:39 PM
Yeah, hopefully we'll get to play something good the week after...or should we cut the time to Wednesday?

Well if all who wanna vote, vote before then, then sure Wednesday may work.

Lethal Lullaby
11-08-2015, 10:52 PM
I hope it is not too late to say this, but maybe, instead of 'competing' (not sayin we are) for whose RP we should do, we should try with someone who has never really lead an RP. Preferably for the more serious/literate RP. (Even though I voted CF, so far it looks like IH will win, which I will be happy to partake in if I can.)

Ceres
11-09-2015, 07:04 AM
Let's make a new rule:

Good idea :D jk

Netkeeper
11-09-2015, 08:28 AM
I don't think many of those poll options will allow me to play a character from another franchise [even though he is just a regular human] so I didn't vote for anything.

lmao guess I'm still not RPing here, my desires are simple but everyone's ignoring them!

Electric
11-09-2015, 08:46 AM
Sorry Net, wouldve love to have you. Unfortunately, a lot of people have a lot of simple requests so we're just trying to appease as many as we can so everyone can enjoy it to some extent. Seeing as the one whos most likely going to be selected, maybe you could just use a canon character for this one.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-09-2015, 09:17 AM
I don't think many of those poll options will allow me to play a character from another franchise [even though he is just a regular human] so I didn't vote for anything.

lmao guess I'm still not RPing here, my desires are simple but everyone's ignoring them!

Your desires are also obscure... not sure anyone else still knows who the lawyer guy is. :tlol: Sorry, mate.

Netkeeper
11-09-2015, 01:58 PM
1. You don't need to know a character to RP with them. That's shallow as hell. I RP with characters I know nothing about all the time -- you learn about them THROUGH playing with them.

2. Unfortunately, I can only play one character at a time. That character is the one I'm fixated on. I can't play anyone else -- I don't get into the character enough and I don't get absorbed enough in playing.

Welp, I tried, time to give up and fist myself I guess

Lethal Lullaby
11-09-2015, 04:07 PM
I almost had an idea for a mass murder mystery, but it has slipped my mind, and I cannot seem to recall it. >n<

Netkeeper
11-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Just combed through what's there of "In Hiding" and there are some posters in there I'm interested in writing with. I don't think my character would be allowed there, so I can't join it, but I'm still vaguely interested in trying something out here...

After my family gets this move we're going through out of the way, would it be alright if I constructed an RP and proposed it in maybe this thread? To cut down on unnecessary OOC threads.

Electric
11-16-2015, 06:36 PM
I don't see why not.

And don't worry, if posters are unable to pull their weight in any ways, I and most likely others will try to do something about it

GoldMutant
11-18-2015, 10:34 AM
I am pretty sure I'm going to anger somebody but there's a lot more reasoning on why there's failure. I'm going to refer especially to In Hiding as nearly everyone here is giving up on it.

1. There's some controlling on who is what character- I can completely understand if we attack and can counter or take the pain. Still, it's absolutely controlling when you aren't the runner of the game (you know who you are). This traces back to when I even stopped playing the RPGs because people try to make the story heavily on their character alone with no opinion from others. If plots don't go nowhere, give it a small time frame and not make the decision yourself if you're not the game guy. Honest to God, it angers me.

2. Quality control- This is subjective here because the ideas are decent on paper, but it's a lackluster execution. Whether it be weak writing, jumping the gun on the story, anything in this category.

3. Polls- As much as I respect the idea, it also is poor. We should be able to weigh in our opinions on these ideas, not just vote and throw stuff at a dart board. If we don't get decent detail, elaboration is necessary on improvements. For that matter, I honestly feel we need to use fresh ideas to reinvent the RPGs as a few ideas were in previous stories. Even if we improve on the original flaws, it's best to wait on redoing these storylines.

There's more reasons I can name, but I'm not going to insult users on the drome and I'm not going to be this aggressive unless I need to. Quite frankly, I don't care what anyone is going to say, but the fact remains quality is shifting because not only can people struggle but there's an abuse of power. The polls were idiotic to begin with, but the poor handling during the game is what kills any interesting plots by writer or calling quits. I might be hypocritical because I only contributed once, but until some people get their acts together the entire RPG section is dead. Figure it out because if I need to, I will be critical on the situation further; aggressive opinion or not, the quality will remain poor from these reasons. :roll:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-18-2015, 11:14 AM
I don't think RPGs on the Technodrome Forums will get better. The way it's currently set up is for an open discussion, with any poster able to limit the narrative with short posts not contributing to the overall progression. This is going to limit RPGs to the random nonsense that admittedly some of you enjoy, but will keep out more serious posters.

If you want true change, I think we need to overhaul. Here is how you do that:

No open-world making it up as we go along. Discuss the main gist of where the story is intended to go (or at least start) in a discussion thread a week or so before actual RPGing commences.

If everyone is on the same page of where the group has agreed to go, nobody has to freak out when someone else gives a line of dialogue or a minor action to another character, because the bare bones of the story and character development have already been laid out. Full ownership of a character is still retained; having someone in the background or a minor role is much different than that character having to be ignored because that particular poster isn't currently contributing.

Now, stories evolve over the telling. I'm not saying we do this with full outlines, but having a general idea of what could happen. So to demonstrate, let me share different ideas of where I could see the narrative of "In Hiding" going:

If Leonardo decides to work with Old Hob, the team could try locating their missing friends or first capturing EPF agents themselves
If Old Hob strikes out on his own, he could find an EPF agent and make a deal with them: he gives them the Turtles in exchange for freeing his friends... only to doublecross the EPF once he's manipulated the TMNT into fighting the EPF
Raph could go with Hob because he, too, doesn't want to sit around and wait
Leatherhead and Dr X could rework an exosuit to pass as an EPF soldier, to infiltrate their headquarters for intel gathering or an attempted rescue
The TMNT could try to find and recruit more mutants to their cause (e.g. Rocksteady, Bebop, etc)

I haven't role-played before, but I have been involved with two different writing teams that were both independently based on former RPG groups, and this has allowed me more insight into successful RPGs than I might otherwise have.

In Hiding could have been great; if we restart it with a little more forethought put into it, I'll be all in. But if the RPGs stay the way they currently all, I dipped my toe into the water and I'm not interested in participating in them the way they currently stand.

Understand, I'm not bitching over here because wah wah wah you don't do it my way. But writing is something I've been doing for half my life now, and I enjoy sharing writing with likeminded people who take writing as seriously as I do. If that's not what this group wants to be, I'm an outsider and I fully understand you guys don't want me rustling your jimmies. :twink: I've said my piece.

Ceres
11-18-2015, 12:27 PM
I don't think RPGs on the Technodrome Forums will get better. The way it's currently set up is for an open discussion, with any poster able to limit the narrative with short posts not contributing to the overall progression. This is going to limit RPGs to the random nonsense that admittedly some of you enjoy, but will keep out more serious posters.

If you want true change, I think we need to overhaul. Here is how you do that:

No open-world making it up as we go along. Discuss the main gist of where the story is intended to go (or at least start) in a discussion thread a week or so before actual RPGing commences.

If everyone is on the same page of where the group has agreed to go, nobody has to freak out when someone else gives a line of dialogue or a minor action to another character, because the bare bones of the story and character development have already been laid out. Full ownership of a character is still retained; having someone in the background or a minor role is much different than that character having to be ignored because that particular poster isn't currently contributing.

Now, stories evolve over the telling. I'm not saying we do this with full outlines, but having a general idea of what could happen. So to demonstrate, let me share different ideas of where I could see the narrative of "In Hiding" going:

If Leonardo decides to work with Old Hob, the team could try locating their missing friends or first capturing EPF agents themselves
If Old Hob strikes out on his own, he could find an EPF agent and make a deal with them: he gives them the Turtles in exchange for freeing his friends... only to doublecross the EPF once he's manipulated the TMNT into fighting the EPF
Raph could go with Hob because he, too, doesn't want to sit around and wait
Leatherhead and Dr X could rework an exosuit to pass as an EPF soldier, to infiltrate their headquarters for intel gathering or an attempted rescue
The TMNT could try to find and recruit more mutants to their cause (e.g. Rocksteady, Bebop, etc)

I haven't role-played before, but I have been involved with two different writing teams that were both independently based on former RPG groups, and this has allowed me more insight into successful RPGs than I might otherwise have.

In Hiding could have been great; if we restart it with a little more forethought put into it, I'll be all in. But if the RPGs stay the way they currently all, I dipped my toe into the water and I'm not interested in participating in them the way they currently stand.

Understand, I'm not bitching over here because wah wah wah you don't do it my way. But writing is something I've been doing for half my life now, and I enjoy sharing writing with likeminded people who take writing as seriously as I do. If that's not what this group wants to be, I'm an outsider and I fully understand you guys don't want me rustling your jimmies. :twink: I've said my piece.

I pretty much like your ideas here. However i think the best way of rpying is still when everyone has control over every character and there are no fixed characters for someone alone. Its so much more flexible as when you only play your character, because when your certain muse suddenly gets totally played out due to Plot developement you are basically out of this game. When you can controll all characters this is not the case, even if someone is on break from rpying because of personal reasons for a certain time, other persons still could reply to the thread making it continuing without so much lengthy stretches until next reply.

It's such an easy concept but everyone is so fixed up on playing only fixed characters. *sigh*

Lets go for an example because i suck at explaining in english:

In Hiding:

Unworthy Thinker has not thta much time for rpying atm but his character has a vital part. So all the other rpers can take over his character until he/she is back in business. Not a problem at all, the rp goes on and everyone is happy!

I hope you all get what i mean.

Lethal Lullaby
11-18-2015, 12:44 PM
Oh I really wish I had something to contribute to this... for now Imma just pretend to have interest in what's going on in this section of the forums.

though I wonder if it's a visual thing. Think of this section as a single room. When there was only one page with only one (maybe two) threads the room was more organized. But now we see all these other threads and even though they're inactive/slow/or whatnot, I wonder if because we can still see them there's a part of us that feels overwhelmed and not wanna come here much because of the mess. (Idk what I'm talking about really, so don't expect me to explain more than what I'm saying) but basically I think this entire section just needs to be cleared out, except for the character profiles thread, and maybe the currently active/semi active threads. The place will look cleaner and maybe then some of us can begin a new leaf.

(but mostly I think we just need more players. Idk about the rest of y'all, but I have been looking around in other places on the internet for role players.)

Unworthy tinker
11-18-2015, 01:51 PM
I pretty much like your ideas here. However i think the best way of rpying is still when everyone has control over every character and there are no fixed characters for someone alone. Its so much more flexible as when you only play your character, because when your certain muse suddenly gets totally played out due to Plot developement you are basically out of this game. When you can controll all characters this is not the case, even if someone is on break from rpying because of personal reasons for a certain time, other persons still could reply to the thread making it continuing without so much lengthy stretches until next reply.

It's such an easy concept but everyone is so fixed up on playing only fixed characters. *sigh*

Lets go for an example because i suck at explaining in english:

In Hiding:

Unworthy Thinker has not thta much time for rpying atm but his character has a vital part. So all the other rpers can take over his character until he/she is back in business. Not a problem at all, the rp goes on and everyone is happy!

I hope you all get what i mean.

I like this idea, but I think the thing is organisation. I've done small chat room RPs like that, and the only fixed characters were OCs. Although, that was between three people for about two hours. Would it be helpful? Yes, it'd help keep things going. But it could also become chaotic. Don't get me wrong though, I think it could be a good idea if we all still try to stay tidy.

Spirael
11-18-2015, 02:08 PM
A bit late to the party here, sorry! ^_^;; For my few pence worth, I think one of the problems with the RPs might be the lack of a Games Master, or GM.

Instead it seems to be that someone has a vague idea, starts a thread and then everyone just wades in and starts blindly posting. Apart from the most free form games (which usually dissolve to comedic mayhem), I'm more used to games having a GM running them.

For example after posting that Donnie hacked into a computer system, I'd expect a GM to make known what information was found, i.e. That the EPF have captured Splinter and are holding him at X location.

They'd either do this by making a third person post within the game: "The computer pinged up with a map on which there was a marker that clearly corresponded with their prisoners..." or send a PM with basic details so that my next post would then use that information, revealing it to the other players and directing the story.

I'd also expect the GM to be the one making scene setting posts, describing the situation/environment so everyone knew where they were based. "Nearby there was an abandoned convenience store. The power was off and the door was swinging open..."

The GM would also be in charge of moving scenes on. i.e. "They all set off at a run, heading for the warehouse where Splinter was being held."

In the event of a dispute, I'd expect it to be the GM mediating between the players. So if one player has a problem with something another player has posted, instead of blocking up the RP they'd just message the GM. Then it's up to the GM whether to push back and say it wasn't a problem or contact the other party and resolve the issue.

Lastly, in the event that a player was busy or unable to post for whatever reason and the absence was blocking the RP from progressing, I'd expect the GM to temporarily take over their character purely to unblock the situation and keep things moving.

Not sure whether the concept of having a GM running each game is something that it might be possible to introduce?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-18-2015, 02:15 PM
A bit late to the party here, sorry! ^_^;; For my few pence worth, I think one of the problems with the RPs might be the lack of a Games Master, or GM.

Instead it seems to be that someone has a vague idea, starts a thread and then everyone just wades in and starts blindly posting. Apart from the most free form games (which usually dissolve to comedic mayhem), I'm more used to games having a GM running them.

For example after posting that Donnie hacked into a computer system, I'd expect a GM to make known what information was found, i.e. That the EPF have captured Splinter and are holding him at X location.

They'd either do this by making a third person post within the game: "The computer pinged up with a map on which there was a marker that clearly corresponded with their prisoners..." or send a PM with basic details so that my next post would then use that information, revealing it to the other players and directing the story.

I'd also expect the GM to be the one making scene setting posts, describing the situation/environment so everyone knew where they were based. "Nearby there was an abandoned convenience store. The power was off and the door was swinging open..."

The GM would also be in charge of moving scenes on. i.e. "They all set off at a run, heading for the warehouse where Splinter was being held."

In the event of a dispute, I'd expect it to be the GM mediating between the players. So if one player has a problem with something another player has posted, instead of blocking up the RP they'd just message the GM. Then it's up to the GM whether to push back and say it wasn't a problem or contact the other party and resolve the issue.

Lastly, in the event that a player was busy or unable to post for whatever reason and the absence was blocking the RP from progressing, I'd expect the GM to temporarily take over their character purely to unblock the situation and keep things moving.

Not sure whether the concept of having a GM running each game is something that it might be possible to introduce?

THIS. This sounds like a perfect solution to what I outlined, i.e. LACK OF DIRECTION.

GoldMutant
12-27-2015, 08:57 PM
At this point, I entirely agree with Spirael and Cy on the situation of GMs; my personal opinion though is the section is lacking a moderator. We need to set up an agreed rule list in addition to not relying on previous rules.

Think about this for a moment: in every game we attempt, we rely on identical and repetitious rulings such as OCs, power trips, and so on and so forth. Shouldn't this be a general rule of thumb rather than continuously rely on repeating ourselves; at the same time though, backtracking by berating such decisions further destroys the game itself and throws the game off track. Not to say it's poor to proceed with this, but at the same time it runs the risk of playing safe without offering any reward for members.

Take for example a battle between Shredder and Leonardo, primary players. Sure the obvious route is to go for dodge and counterattack, but wouldn't it play more into dramatics if you allow one of the two to be attacked? So on and so forth with other ideas; the point is we shouldn't dawdle on this unless it's stated in rules, but if it assists in story progression doing such methods might be beneficial on rare occasions.

Next might be the entire structure of our games. We don't expand past a particular incarnation, especially with Nick's TMNT. Not to say it's the worst thing of the franchise, but it is tiring of utilizing a particular universe even with our own spin on the story. Furthermore, this also relates to certain characters being overused and not allowing a creative expansion. Once more as an example:

I'm not suggesting we should cross every franchise in history over (although I'd love a scenario like that!). However, we do run the risk of repeating OC or FC characters who often either teeter away from the narrative or offer no assistance to the story at all. Not to say every character is bad, but continuous repetition is the key on the games failing, we never expand past particular characters until recently with In Hiding. It's a serious problem as we should figure out a general agreement, get everyone's sentiments instead of abusing power when not the man/woman in charge.

Finally, we need a time period on when the game should end. It was highly noticeable when I vanished from the game myself from lack of inspiration with In Hiding. In essence, a time period should be set up for how long it should take until we crash the game altogether. One of the Drome members offline was stating to me the Game Master taking control of any vanishing character, or at least someone. Unless we clear anything up, it'll automatically fail from our lack of time or direction.

In a nutshell, that's why the games still remain dead despite revival attempts. I'm willing to step up as an authority individual to get a few things in check (if nearly all are cool) because we need a person in charge for general rules. There was great success back in the day, but are we going to dawdle or succeed on the games? A great deal of potential is present, but you need a main guy in charge to get the whole thing working or else run the repeat of destruction to the games.

Spirael
01-01-2016, 06:46 AM
While there are some rules/guidelines that it would be useful to have created in a sticky thread and applied throughout the roleplaying section, such as regarding writing for other characters, power gaming, etc, there are some which it might be best to keep flexible between games.

For example, some games might be entirely aimed at having a huge pool of original characters while others might prefer no original characters at all so it can just focus on the official cast. While it would be interesting to have some games focusing on the extended cast, likewise there are people that prefer to focus on the main characters. Likewise, some people like crossovers and others don't. Different people prefer different things, so it'd be good to leave things open for each game to choose.

Regarding combat, having a GM in charge of the game would help resolve some of those issues. Because you'd expect the GM to be in control over which faction was winning and losing that particular conflict and let the writers know appropriately.

Otherwise, as you say, it does dissolve into no-one quite sure what the outcome is meant to be so they maintain the status quo. Or, the usual people insisting they 'win' while other players continuously concede to 'lose'. Personally, I don't see there being winning and losing in roleplay - it's a story not a competition. :P

Ultimately I would agree that someone, preferably two people, are put in charge of the RPG section as moderators. However they should be there to define the core rules/guidelines and provide mediation if required. The GMs could be, and should be encouraged to be, anyone with an idea and the time/inclination to run a game.

Lethal Lullaby
01-05-2016, 02:11 PM
I kinda have an idea for a rp, but idk when or if I should put it up.

GoldMutant
05-10-2016, 06:50 PM
Ok, since the section is getting a little activity, I might as well write up my thoughts looking at these games:

1. Get rid of the poll system or fix it- We have public polls for a reason to clear up forcing people to say what they want. I get the idea behind it, but the fact is it makes things easier. You clear the people who didn't vote correctly or the simple reason: rid the system and try another.

2. Take into account the players' lives- For example, I stopped playing in the games due to my personal life, it's been rough over the entire school year. Might as well make a limit to when we can responses in (e.g. If I were doing a space story and I played as Krang, I'd need to respond asap, no more than about a week). It's important to recognize that issue, it's a main reasons the games have died is we don't have many back up plans for the limited amount of people.

3. Variety of games, not just TMNT- I remember an old point is the TMNT are often the dominating story here. Due to it being apart of the forums I accept that, but we should expand further as not every game in the past was TMNT specific. It could be poking fun at ourselves, it could be focused on other universes, it could be original ideas, so on and so forth. I think that lack of variety is unfair to others; barring OCs, it doesn't organically add em in correctly.

4. Game masters- Considering we don't have a moderator, which should change down the line, game masters are the next best bet. Discuss with them on your ideas to improve the games, take risks. Obviously not by over powering a character you enjoy utilizing, but up the story telling by taking it into different directions with consent. Godmodding is a big N-O, but experimenting would increase time and offers scenarios we don't often see.

*Moderator (maybe)- The section needs one to clear up unwanted material or sprucing it simply.

I know I'm not one to talk because I've been out of the games for nearly a year now, but I'm willing to tidy up the place. It was booming in the past, but it's fizzled into a sparkle of light.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
05-13-2016, 09:20 AM
With some exceptions, of course, I don't buy the thing that people participating in general don't have time. I recall games dying and participators complaining over time but meanwhile they could post a in lot of other threats here at this Internet community meanwhile.

However, one problem was that many people were more interested in playing only in games with many original characters. This required participators to first sit down reading through and memorize character profiles. If you know a TMNT version very well having followed it for years, original characters suddenly makes you know it less.

It's better to put original characters in fanfiction stories, controlled by only the writer and they're introduced generally.

It's one thing to have an "ordinary man or woman, girl or boy on the street" (which is often needed) just saying a word or two.

Another idea that I proposed and worked well is "related characters" being controlled by the same person as a requirement. For exmaple the one who controls April also controls Irma if they're on a mission, the one controlling Bebop also controls Rocksteady, the one controlling Wingnut also controls Screwloose, the one controlling Rahzar also controls Tokka. This allowed the storyline to progress much faster not requiring them to wait for each other.

Yet another idea is to just write it like a story where everyone can participate which occurred many years ago here, like this:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=915&page=2

It's still not completed and can be finished (even if it has original characters but it's from a time when TMNT was mostly a childhood memory for young adults born in the 1980's with less Internet access making them mess up with versions, but the storyline's OK). :)