PDA

View Full Version : My dog died and I haven't been the same

LeotheLateBloomer
11-03-2015, 05:05 PM
My little dog died and I have been crying for days. I can't stop thinking about her. I even get images of her when I stare at spots where she used to sleep at.
I don't know what to do anymore.:cry::cry::cry::tcry::tcry::tcry:

PangolinFeets
11-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Losing pets, especially close pets that you've had for years, is like losing a family member. Nothing helps make it hurt less except time. You're always going to remember her and it's sad to think about life without her, but you have good memories to think back on.

The best thing to do is to get some friends and family that loved her and talk about all the good times you had with her.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Been there far too many times. It will get better, but don't make excuses for how you feel now. You lost a beloved companion and it sucks. It's okay to be sad for awhile.

MsMarvelDuckie
11-03-2015, 05:50 PM
I feel for you, friend. I recently lost one of my kitties, as well, so I am still a bit saddened by the loss, and definitely relate. He passed away just a little over a week ago, and even though he's been at my mom's for the past few years, he was OUR baby, and we were there when he was born, and still have his mother.

Jephael
11-03-2015, 06:55 PM
I remember when our last family pet Rusty the pomeranian started getting sickly. It was such a bummer the day we chose to have him put down. I wanted to give him some M&Ms right before my dad would take him to the vet.

pennydreadful
11-03-2015, 07:07 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, dude. :( Condolence hugs over here if you want 'em.

ToTheNines
11-03-2015, 07:11 PM
So sorry man, I know how it feels too.

What kind of dog was she?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-03-2015, 07:53 PM
I remember when our last family pet Rusty the pomeranian started getting sickly. It was such a bummer the day we chose to have him put down. I wanted to give him some M&Ms right before my dad would take him to the vet.

'Cause at the point, chocolate's no longer an issue? That's sweet... wish I'd thought of that. :tsmile:

Leo656
11-03-2015, 11:31 PM
That's awful. That's always awful. Sorry.

LeotheLateBloomer
11-04-2015, 01:42 AM
So sorry man, I know how it feels too.

What kind of dog was she?

shih tzu dog

Amaranthus
11-04-2015, 01:52 AM
I feel you, man.
A shrimp of mine died recently and it just ruined my day. Her name was Christopher Johnson.
Incomparable to a dog though.

Icebot
11-05-2015, 09:48 AM
Sorry for your loss. I know what it's like. I miss my pet dog who also passed away.

IndigoErth
11-05-2015, 01:08 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog. :( Really sucks losing a pet, esp those that tend to be with us a long time and involved in our lives way that cats and dogs are; lost our formerly-eldest cat earlier in the year.

Candy Kappa
11-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Healing is going to take time, and mourning is completely normal. Losing a pet is never easy, especially one that was close to you.

LeotheLateBloomer
11-05-2015, 02:00 PM
She was so sweet and innocent. She rarely ever barked at people. She likes greeting people and receiving lots of attention. I rarely ever saw a dog act like that. Why did she have to go?:cry::cry::cry::tcry::tcry::tcry:

Blossombrooks
11-05-2015, 04:34 PM
I'm so sorry Leo. It's a truly terrible thing to have to go through, all you can do is allow yourself as long as you need to grieve and in time you'll be able to look back on the good times you had together without it hurting so much. I'm sure you gave her a life filled with love and I like to think they knew that and appreciated it.

Mew
11-05-2015, 04:46 PM
Wow. I'm truly sorry for you. I've never experienced it, but it's got to suck. Think of all the happy memories you had with her before she passed. Think on the bright side of life, and don't let it ruin your life. Maybe get a smaller pet like a hamster or kitten for some responsibility and a friend to fill the hole from where your dog was. :)

Jephael
11-09-2015, 10:51 PM
Wow. I'm truly sorry for you. I've never experienced it, but it's got to suck. Think of all the happy memories you had with her before she passed. Think on the bright side of life, and don't let it ruin your life. Maybe get a smaller pet like a hamster or kitten for some responsibility and a friend to fill the hole from where your dog was. :)

Mew, didn't you ever have a pet before? I think that's even sadder than losing a pet. Like the saying goes "Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."

MsMarvelDuckie
11-09-2015, 11:28 PM
I think he's mentioned before that he has cat(s?). Probably just hasn't ever lost one yet. Sometimes we get lucky and our childhood pets live a long time. But that just makes it harder later when we lose them, because they have been with us so long. My first cat died after I graduated high school and was out on my own- and I'd had her since I was 9. I still miss her, and have her ashes in a box to this day. Speaking of which, we're going to have our cat Ash cremated soon. (He's currently in my mom's garage freezer until we can have it done. Morbid, perhaps, but better than the alternative. My hubby wanted to place him in a box beside my first kitty, because Ash was his boy.)

Jephael
11-10-2015, 12:07 AM
I think he's mentioned before that he has cat(s?). Probably just hasn't ever lost one yet. Sometimes we get lucky and our childhood pets live a long time. But that just makes it harder later when we lose them, because they have been with us so long. My first cat died after I graduated high school and was out on my own- and I'd had her since I was 9. I still miss her, and have her ashes in a box to this day. Speaking of which, we're going to have our cat Ash cremated soon. (He's currently in my mom's garage freezer until we can have it done. Morbid, perhaps, but better than the alternative. My hubby wanted to place him in a box beside my first kitty, because Ash was his boy.)

Aw, that's so sad. I kinda wish we had kept Rusty's remains. I know some people have their pets stuffed when they die, which is kinda more morbid than sticking them in the fridge when ya think about it.

MsMarvelDuckie
11-10-2015, 04:00 PM
The freezer is just temporary. My mom is going to see how much it costs for the cremation, so we can arrange it. But he's going to have his own box with his name on it, next to my first pet. I have a small figurine of a cat with angel wings sitting on the box, as a memorial.