PDA

View Full Version : No new TMNT Video Game this year?

myconius
11-05-2015, 10:41 AM
For the last few years, we've had a new video game based on the Nickelodeon Ninja Turtles come out except this year.

While part of me is relieved not to be tempted to buy another cheaply made holiday cash grab, i have to admit i'm a little bit disappointed.
i was really hoping to finally hear the entire TV cast voice a game, and i just can't count 'fill-in' Leo as an actual cast member.
plus i was hoping for a much better game than the last two!

I'm still hoping that they are in the process of developing a quality TMNT game!
and IF and when, i hope it does reach new levels of greatness for the Turtles game franchise like what Arkham Asylum (and City) did for Batman.

but not having heard any news about it has me a bit concerned.

Has anyone heard anything, or have any thoughts?

Candy Kappa
11-05-2015, 01:26 PM
OotS 2 would have been nice.

myconius
11-05-2015, 02:22 PM
very true! that's one recent game i actually did enjoy!
i just wish they would have released it on a disc.

Chaotix12345
11-05-2015, 04:52 PM
I was hoping for a game taking place during Season 3 where you could play as both the Turtles and Mutanimals. Maybe a sequel to Danger of the Ooze where each of them has their own special skill. Would've been cool.

TigerClaw
11-05-2015, 05:51 PM
We can expect a new TMNT game or two in 2016 with the new movie coming out, Whether on console, handheld or mobile.

PangolinFeets
11-05-2015, 05:53 PM
I wish they'd take another crack at Smash-up and make it an expanded-universe game. It could have the same premise as Turtles Forever, but include the rest of the iterations.

That being said, AT LEAST WE HAVE THE SICK IDW BOARD GAME ON THE WAY!

DevilSpooky
11-05-2015, 06:03 PM
They did release it on a disc.

No, OoTS is digital only.

myconius
11-05-2015, 07:56 PM
it's a very good point that there'll be a new game to coincide with the new movie. :)

i don't know about what other people like? but i really hope we get another 4 player arcade brawler.
something similar to Turtles in Time re-shelled, but with deeper fighting mechanics.

this is just a pipe dream but fighting gameplay somewhere between Arkham City and Soul Caliber would be pretty awesome!!

slingtheory
11-07-2015, 05:33 PM
We can expect a new TMNT game or two in 2016 with the new movie coming out, Whether on console, handheld or mobile.
Probably another mobile game at best. I'd be very surprised to see something come to consoles with the hard time they've had with those in the past few years. It's disappointing too. I'd really love a oots 2 or something similar with a bigger budget.

chrisdude
11-10-2015, 06:01 PM
Movie-promotional console games are pretty much a dead thing, aren't they? They pretty much all moved to mobile. I figure we were lucky the last movie got a 3DS game. Prolly just because the cartoon is so hot.

TigerClaw
11-10-2015, 06:29 PM
Movie-promotional console games are pretty much a dead thing, aren't they? They pretty much all moved to mobile. I figure we were lucky the last movie got a 3DS game. Prolly just because the cartoon is so hot.
the 3DS game was decent, I never played the mobile game based on it, It used the movie models, but you get to fight characters like Bebop and Rocksteady, and had the original voice of Leo.

chrisdude
11-10-2015, 07:40 PM
the 3DS game was decent, I never played the mobile game based on it, It used the movie models, but you get to fight characters like Bebop and Rocksteady, and had the original voice of Leo.It was decent for a mobile beat 'em up. The swipe controls work alright. Lots of upgrades and weapons.

Cam Clarke said he auditioned for the role, and they didn't know who he was until after he got the job.

myconius
11-11-2015, 10:17 AM
i just hope they eventually give us a decent console game based on the new Nickelodeon series.
something with 4 player co-op would be nice? gameplay like Oots but without the glitches.

bushido
11-27-2015, 10:45 AM
At least Activision didn't forget they got TMNT licence...

http://www.vg247.com/2015/11/27/tony-hawk-pro-skater-5-gets-ninja-turtles-campaign-wild-west-level-with-7-8gb-patch/

UCWUhoYfVEk

Candy Kappa
11-27-2015, 10:49 AM
Those looked very IDW looking, with the pouches and lack of pads. Kinda nifty, but more frustrating that it's just some skins for a skating game.

TigerClaw
11-27-2015, 11:00 AM
At least Activision didn't forget they got TMNT licence...

http://www.vg247.com/2015/11/27/tony-hawk-pro-skater-5-gets-ninja-turtles-campaign-wild-west-level-with-7-8gb-patch/

UCWUhoYfVEk
That's interesting, Here's another video showing TMNT.

N6pKyrBsnFs

Powder
11-27-2015, 03:03 PM
They're straight up IDW designs, looking awesome. I wonder if those models will end up in something else.

Ninjinister
11-27-2015, 03:21 PM
Aggh Thps5 is so garbage that it makes the recent TMNT games look like blockbusters. Y u do dis

Sabacooza
11-27-2015, 04:32 PM
This is disappointing. They'll use these IDW Santolouco inspired models which look pretty cool for this game as skins but won't bother to use them for a full game? I don't get it. It's like they're dangling the carrot in front of us then just whip it away as we try to grab it. Not that I'd be so excited about nabbing a carrot but you get the gist of it.

TigerClaw
11-27-2015, 04:45 PM
This is disappointing. They'll use these Santolouco inspired models which look pretty cool for this game as skins but won't bother to use them for a full game? I don't get it. It's like they're dangling the carrot in front of us then just whip it away as we try to grab it. Not that I'd be so excited about nabbing a carrot but you get the gist of it.
Yeah, All the most recent TMNT games were based on the Nick series, I would love for a new TMNT game based on the Fred Wolf or IDW series.

Zulithe
11-27-2015, 05:03 PM
Can we have a THPS 5 thread in this forum now that it has a TMNT stage (there is a sewer skating stage) plus skins for all four turtles?

While THPS5 has not been well received, let's be honest neither has a huge chunk of recent TMNT games... I think a lot of people would appreciate a TMNT skating game even if it's not a full TMNT skating game.

They have released some pretty massive patches for THPS and I wonder if it's improved enough to actually be worth recommending to TMNT fans? You can get this game for only $20 shipped for PS4 on bestbuy.com (if you have Gamer's Club Unlocked)

Here is more gameplay

Qjlm6jARUPg

TigerClaw
11-27-2015, 05:17 PM
Can we have a THPS 5 thread in this forum now that it has a TMNT stage (there is a sewer skating stage) plus skins for all four turtles?

While THPS5 has not been well received, let's be honest neither has a huge chunk of recent TMNT games... I think a lot of people would appreciate a TMNT skating game even if it's not a full TMNT skating game.

They have released some pretty massive patches for THPS and I wonder if it's improved enough to actually be worth recommending to TMNT fans? You can get this game for only $20 shipped for PS4 on bestbuy.com (if you have Gamer's Club Unlocked)

Here is more gameplay

Qjlm6jARUPg
Considering that TMNT and skating goes hand in hand, since Mikey is the skater type.

The only thing that would've made this better, If they were on rocket powered skateboards

myconius
11-27-2015, 10:41 PM
i gave up on THPS some time ago.
last one i owned had Darth Maul as an unlockable character i think?

but it's pretty much just salt on the wound that we don't have a new TMNT console game, but they throw us this?

noperz! ;)

ray305comics
11-28-2015, 02:42 AM
same here I wish they would change it up and not always base it of the nick cartoons.

Sabacooza
11-28-2015, 07:25 AM
It's irritating because here we have a glimpse of what an IDW inspired game could look like and yet they're like, nope, you can't have it. Like myconius said it's like salt on a wound. Also add to that that the models look pretty decent. They're all shaped different, resemble Santolouco's style. Their facial features are even different not to mention they even have that comic book outline look. Someone obviously did the research and went through a lot of trouble to make these models look good and for what? This?!

I wish Activision would stop screwing around and put these models to real use. Give us a real IDW inspired videogame already. One that's actually good.

Powder
11-28-2015, 07:41 AM
I feel like that outline is telling. If they wanted the TMNT in there, they could've simply used the OOTS models. Not only would they save time, but they'd have turtles that fit in more stylistically. These guys, with that straight out of a comic look, they've gotta have some other purpose... Why go out of your way to give them a different visual style than your other unlockables? Fingers crossed they're from an upcoming IDW game.

myconius
11-28-2015, 10:51 PM
i'm still hoping they surprise us finally with an awesome TMNT console game.

but as awesome as the models in this THPS look i just can't see getting it.
it'd be too frustrating!!!

Plus i'd hate to see my favorite Ninja Turtle hit the crotch end of a failed rail grind!!! :o

Sabacooza
11-29-2015, 09:26 AM
I feel like that outline is telling. If they wanted the TMNT in there, they could've simply used the OOTS models. Not only would they save time, but they'd have turtles that fit in more stylistically. These guys, with that straight out of a comic look, they've gotta have some other purpose... Why go out of your way to give them a different visual style than your other unlockables? Fingers crossed they're from an upcoming IDW game.You may have something there. I hope you're right because having an IDW inspired game would kick all kinds of ass. That is assuming the gameplay has more meat to it and is actually good.

Powder
11-29-2015, 09:33 AM
IDW's SDCC panel teased some cross-media projects outside of the announced tabletop RPG, perhaps that's exactly what's to come. Would make sense given how quiet Activision's been re: the property. Could have something in the works... If it's at least as good as OOTS (or, ideally, significantly better, if not just bug-less) they'll be in the money.

Sabacooza
11-29-2015, 08:48 PM
IDW's SDCC panel teased some cross-media projects outside of the announced tabletop RPG, perhaps that's exactly what's to come. Would make sense given how quiet Activision's been re: the property. Could have something in the works... If it's at least as good as OOTS (or, ideally, significantly better, if not just bug-less) they'll be in the money.Hmm and I thought that board game was the only thing IDW was doing to blow our minds. I can't wait to see what these cross media projects might be.

Yeah, I really liked OotS. It was a decent game despite some of the flaws. It's the closest thing we've gotten to a Batman Arkham style game. With that said, I hope they have some nice stuff in the works and that these models are an indication of that.

myconius
11-29-2015, 10:42 PM
i just wish Oots was produced as a disc instead of dlc.
i just hate not having a physical copy!

even the watchmen dlc game (which wasn't nearly as good) got produced as a disc.

Sabacooza
11-30-2015, 05:21 AM
Agreed. I also wish it was longer.