PDA

View Full Version : Nicktoons is airing the 1990 movie

Mugic
11-09-2015, 01:44 PM
I just check my tv listing and saw that this Friday at 9PM EST, the 1990 film will be airing on Nicktoons. What's your guys thoughts on this? you think they might tone down the violence it a bit?

Autbot_Benz
11-09-2015, 01:49 PM
I own the DVD so don't need to watch it on TV

Etsyturtle2
11-09-2015, 03:55 PM
Are they gonna edit out damn or delete it?

MsMarvelDuckie
11-09-2015, 05:35 PM
Why would they? Most other channels don't, and it's not really so bad that they really need to. Probably no real need to edit any of the fights, either.

Etsyturtle2
11-09-2015, 05:55 PM
I couldn't care less when he says it, it's just that it's on nick toons.

d_osborn
11-10-2015, 01:17 PM
I find it funny that a channel called Nicktoons is showing a live-action movie.

shuriken
11-10-2015, 08:26 PM
I'm sure they've done it before. I recall seeing the Mighty Morphin Power Ranger Movie on there a few years back.

I couldn't care less when he says it, it's just that it's on nick toons.

Getting redundant there Etsy.

IndigoErth
11-10-2015, 09:15 PM
I find it funny that a channel called Nicktoons is showing a live-action movie.
Think it's also the channel that pushes the football (American)/sports stuff for some reason, so it doesn't adhere to it's own name very well at all. :trazz:

Hope they don't edit anything out, for a movie with battles it's not really all that violent. (Also, I saw a commercial that seemed to suggest this is also airing as part of another "Turtle Nation" stint.)

Mugic
11-14-2015, 02:37 PM
And....as i expected, they censored all four instances of damn and hell but other than that the movie was uncut, they even kept the "You got any cigarettes?" scene which i thought for sure would have been edited out.

IndigoErth
11-14-2015, 09:10 PM
I believe they did trim down Splinter's telling of their origin, but other than that it looked pretty intact. Naturally Raph's "naughty" mouth got censored. lol My favorite was when he yells "damn" and you normally hear it across the city, but instead on Nick... hey, a nice prolonged aerial nighttime shot of the city for no apparent reason. :tlol:

Although... does not Raph say "bitchin'" at the end when they're trying to come up with words? I was never real clear on what he actually says, that was always my best guess... and if he does, THAT did not get cut. :lol: (Must be like the "sonabitches" that never got cut from "A Christmas Story" either. Slightly unclear and the censors miss it.) Leo's "hellacious" also stayed in.

Likewise, I was very surprised the cigarettes bit stayed.

Etsyturtle2
11-15-2015, 03:07 PM
I called it! Yeeessss!:D
Excuse my immaturity (is that even a word), but I thought the cigarette part would be cut too.