PDA

View Full Version : Tetsu's coming home to the 'drome.

Tetsu Deinonychus
11-13-2015, 12:57 PM
Hello all!

It's been a long time since I've been here so I figured I'd reintroduce myself.

I'm Tetsu Deinonychus. I was a very active member way back when the 2003 show was in it's heyday. I had a lot of good times here and made a lot of friends. But, kinda drifted away around the time of "Fast Forward", I think, and kinda lost touch with everyone. :tsad:

I kept planning to come back when the TMNT CG movie did, when Turtles Forever came out, and even when the new Nick show started, but I just never got around to it.

So, for anyone who's been wondering where I've been this past decade or so. I'd love to tell you I was off fighting in the galactic wars, trying to make it big in Hollywood, or on a pilgrimage to India and Tibet for enlightenment, but I'd be lying my butt off.

Truth is, I got a crummy job in a nursing home kitchen for a few years. But, then managed to get out and go to college where I made some great friends and times were pretty good for a few years. But then, around two years ago, my Mom passed away from ALS :tcry: which kind of threw my life out of wack.

Around that time though, I got into a relationship with a wonderful person who helped me deal with all that. But, she broke up with me a couple weeks ago. We're still good friends and on good terms, but it still really really hurts.

So anyway, I need to get my mind off all that for a little while. And I need a little comfort and familiarity. It's finally time to come home to the 'drome. ;)

I don't know if anyone from the "old gang" is still here. There's one I got back in touch with and gotten to know in real life. But, I'll be happy to see any familiar face (username, whatever). And, I welcome any new friends too. :D

Roland
11-13-2015, 01:45 PM
Welcome back to the drome we call home. :D . Man you had a tough time but I hope you everything turns out for the best.

Tetsu Deinonychus
11-13-2015, 01:57 PM
Thank you, Roland. :)

Mew
11-13-2015, 02:18 PM
Oh Hai There.

Prowler
11-13-2015, 02:46 PM
Hello. I see you also like Jazz music.

Icebot
11-13-2015, 04:43 PM
Welcome back! Hope you enjoy it here!

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. My mother also passed away because of ALS more than 8 years ago. I understand what it's like.

Peanut
11-13-2015, 06:42 PM
Holy sh*t! Blast from the past!

For those who don't know this guy - via my half-finished Drome history section on the old Drome Wiki:

Tetsu Deinonychus also made a rather large impact early in 2003, posting some of the most ridiculous threads in Drome history. Classics included "Potheads unite!" dedicated to people who love cookware, "Picture of an ASS!", and as a play on the numerous religious threads of the time, "Down with Jesus Sanchez".

Tetsu Deinonychus
11-13-2015, 06:50 PM
@Mew: Hi. :)

@Prowler: Yeah, I usually listen to it at night these days to unwind.

@Icebot: Thank you, and my condolances for your loss as well.

@Peanut: Hey. Good to see you. :) Yeah, that was me. I used to have a lot of fun doing that. Not sure if it would be as tolerated these days or not, though. :)

Powder
11-13-2015, 07:14 PM
I recognize your avatar from looking up Our Friend Power 5 on the boards a few times, you'd pop up, for obvious reasons. Damn thing never did turn up in full...

Unworthy tinker
11-13-2015, 09:46 PM
Hi, welcome back. Nice to meet ya'. :mango:

Garfield
11-13-2015, 09:59 PM
Hey. I remember you tetsu. I'm sorry to hear about your rough times but glad to see you around again.

Leo656
11-13-2015, 10:24 PM
Oh, yeah, I remember that sh*t. Hahaaaaa. Nice.

Lethal Lullaby
11-13-2015, 11:13 PM
Hi there, welcome back, Tetsu. :3

Mew
11-14-2015, 05:06 AM
I recognize your avatar from looking up Our Friend Power 5 on the boards a few times, you'd pop up, for obvious reasons. Damn thing never did turn up in full...
That happened to me, but then I stupidly made my own thread with out looking cautiously enough.

Tetsu Deinonychus
11-14-2015, 11:17 AM
@Mew and Powder: Yeah I was really into trying to find that around the time I drifted away from here. But, I think I just made it all more confusing. Still occasionally ask people who are really into weird foreign bootleg movies if they know anything about it, but I'm not holding my breath.

@Unworthy Tinker, Garfield, and Lethal Lullaby: Thank you all very much.

@Leo656: Hey, I'm glad to see you still stop by here. :) It's been way too long. How have you been?

GoldMutant
11-14-2015, 12:37 PM
We finally get another old timer popping in! :P

In all seriousness, though I wasn't around during your time here, glad to see you got life back in order. Welcome back! :)

tmnt transformer
11-14-2015, 12:50 PM
Nice to see an older user come back online. Welcome back!

MikeandRaph87
11-14-2015, 01:09 PM
I recall your username from when I lurked around following the Ch'rell reveal. You made pun threads I remember. Yes, that was a pun.:trazz:

So why not refresh the group on your favorite turtle, non-turtle, and version.

Tetsu Deinonychus
11-14-2015, 01:54 PM
@Goldmutant: I wouldn't say I have it back together. I'm actually kind of a wreck at the moment. I'm here to get a break from reality and hopefully reconnect with a few old forum buddies.

@Goldmutant and tmnt transformer: Thanks. :)

@MikeandRaph87: Well, I guess my favorite turtles would be Leonardo and Donatello. My favourite non-turtle would be Splinter, and my favourite versions are the Mirage comic, the Archie comic, and the 2003 show.

pennydreadful
11-14-2015, 07:04 PM
Yo, nice to meet'cha.

As far as escaping from reality, some of the conversations here can certainly be pretty surreal. :lol:

Netkeeper
11-14-2015, 10:20 PM
Pleased to meet someone from before my time here. Hope you stick around for a long while, because now that you've met me you're not getting rid of me. :3

Leo656
11-14-2015, 10:39 PM
In looking back, I'm astonished how quickly I enabled all this dude's nonsense from the very beginning. :lol:

In my own defense, I was drinking pretty much every day back then. I don't remember any of this sh*t, but it's hilarious reading it now. :lol:

I do remember "Down With Jesus... Sanchez". That whole Easter Season was nutty that year. Good stuff.

Tetsu Deinonychus
11-14-2015, 11:03 PM
Looking at old threads I definitely say a lot of stuff I wouldn't say now. No regrets, though. I had a lot of fun. :lol:

And, yes that was one crazy Easter. :D

Leo656
11-14-2015, 11:16 PM
I miss GK's Battle Royale sigs.

Tetsu Deinonychus
11-14-2015, 11:22 PM
I do too.

Hoping to run into him next time he stops by the board. :)

Leo656
11-14-2015, 11:23 PM
You may or may not have equal chance of a Bigfoot Encounter.

Tetsu Deinonychus
11-14-2015, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I noticed he and a lot of the old regulars aren't as active as they were, and a lot have moved on. Which is to be expected after all this time, really.

Still good to be back.

Davin
11-15-2015, 03:21 PM
Welcome back! :roll:

XERO
11-15-2015, 05:39 PM
Welcome back, dawg.

Mzx10484
11-16-2015, 01:58 PM
Hey Tetsu, welcome back, and: greetings from Germany !! :D

GK Punk
11-21-2015, 01:33 AM