PDA

View Full Version : Tmnt 2 trailer attached to star wars force awakens!

AlZarkovski
11-22-2015, 03:58 PM
yqZst1S1o0c

IndigoErth
11-22-2015, 04:12 PM
Alright then Turtles', hope you can pull off a good one.

My mom was a little too thrilled last night when I said I'd go see Star Wars with her (she was sad that it was something she and my father were planning on doing, but he just passed away a week ago), and TMNT next year was mentioned in the conversation, so, there's a bonus next month I guess. Skeptical but hopeful fingers crossed...

Etsyturtle2
11-22-2015, 04:14 PM
Holeeeee sh!t

Autbot_Benz
11-22-2015, 04:58 PM
awesome hope they show new not shreddertron shredder and Casey.

TigerClaw
11-22-2015, 05:09 PM
yqZst1S1o0c
That's great news! Which mean we could see the trailer online during that week also.

AquaParade
11-22-2015, 05:45 PM

My mom was a little too thrilled last night when I said I'd go see Star Wars with her (she was sad that it was something she and my father were planning on doing, but he just passed away a week ago), and TMNT next year was mentioned in the conversation, so, there's a bonus next month I guess. Skeptical but hopeful fingers crossed...

Sorry for your loss. I'm not saying it's the same, but one of my best friends just passed away, so you aren't completely alone. Sounds like a special night for you and your mother.

Speaking of the TMNT 2 trailer, I'm actually pretty damn excited to see it.
The bar has been set low, it's bound to be better than the first film, and they haven't showed us anything, so the mystery is still there,

Looking forward to this.

xChri5x
11-22-2015, 06:38 PM
Here's hoping for a Ghostbusters trailer as well!

Powder
11-22-2015, 06:44 PM
Oh my Goooooood, they've really done it. :tlol: What a terrible mistake.

Autbot_Benz
11-22-2015, 06:46 PM
Here's hoping for a Ghostbusters trailer as well!

http://i.imgur.com/qWcHyOj.gif

TigerClaw
11-22-2015, 06:48 PM
Even though he doesn't specifically mentions Star Wars: The Force Awakens, He said a 'relatively big movie', and Star Wars: The Force Awakens is pretty big, I don't know of any other movie that's this big, I know the new Chipmunks movie also comes out that week, But its not quote unquote relatively big.

IndigoErth
11-22-2015, 07:20 PM
Oh my Goooooood, they've really done it. :tlol: What a terrible mistake.
Gluttons for punishment maybe? At the very least hopefully it shows just before the movie starts, and not early in the half hour of previews when everyone is waiting line at the concession stand.

Sorry for your loss. I'm not saying it's the same, but one of my best friends just passed away, so you aren't completely alone. Sounds like a special night for you and your mother.
Thanks, and likewise condolences for the loss of your friend. Don't know what it is about this time of year, even a friend lost his beloved dog yesterday. :ohwell:

Leo656
11-22-2015, 07:37 PM
Bummer, I really wanted to see Star Wars in theaters.

bushido
11-22-2015, 07:41 PM

https://img.pandawhale.com/26624-Christina-Hendricks-LOL-gif-a38u.gif

Bry
11-22-2015, 08:15 PM
Well, Star Wars is gonna look extra-amazing by comparison. :trazz:

Honest question -- do studios have to pay to attach their trailers to huge releases like this?

xChri5x
11-22-2015, 08:26 PM

https://49.media.tumblr.com/be84c764d3b88d4bda7268417dbf1a34/tumblr_nqzc51nAr51qzqc4so1_400.gif

Leo656
11-22-2015, 08:56 PM
I'm not sure you've earned the right to eye-roll me.

xChri5x
11-22-2015, 09:02 PM
I'm not sure you've earned the right to eye-roll me.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/298d869a916ed4f3c700f3097411adf8/tumblr_n8opobqlKs1r713xdo1_500.gif

Leo656
11-22-2015, 09:04 PM
And now I'm just confused.

Andrew NDB
11-22-2015, 09:20 PM
Ugh. There's nothing I'd rather less see attached to the movie when I see Episode 7.

MsMarvelDuckie
11-22-2015, 09:21 PM
I think that last one was Gena Davis in Beetlejuice.... Pretty funny, if so.

Hmm, was thinking of going to see SW, now I almost HAVE to.

TigerClaw
11-22-2015, 09:25 PM
I think its cool that the two things that I love, is happening on the same week.

Leo656
11-22-2015, 09:27 PM
You think everything is "cool". :roll: You'd think Hepatitis was "cool" if they put a TMNT sticker on it, ya mark.

Duckie: I kinda thought it was her, too, but wasn't sure, nor sure what the general idea was. I'unno.

If I see even one second of this pile before seeing Star Wars there's a good chance it's gonna completely ruin my mood, and I don't want to be in a bad mood at a Star Wars movie. With my luck it'll be the very last trailer they show so even trying to come late and avoid the trailers or take a last-minute piss is risky. I don't want to miss one second of Star Wars but I don't want to SEE one second of this garbage either.

Basically, I don't want to have to be a captive audience for this sh*t if I can help it.

Ugh. There's nothing I'd rather less see attached to the movie when I see Episode 7.

I KNOW. It's like a Reese's Cup, if Reese's Cups were full of broken glass instead of peanut butter.

Galactus
11-22-2015, 09:30 PM
Yeah are we sure it's Star Wars? Based on that video alone he doesn't mention the movie by name and the way Robbie Amell is chuckling away at the mention of the trailer is a bit weird.

Either he's laughing at Star Wars being described as a "relatively big movie" or he knows it something like the aforementioned Chipmunks or something like it. If it is Star Wars then it's a pretty big coup then again I'm not entirely looking forward to being embarrassed in front of a big Star Wars audience.

IndigoErth
11-22-2015, 09:40 PM
If I see even one second of this pile before seeing Star Wars there's a good chance it's gonna completely ruin my mood, and I don't want to be in a bad mood at a Star Wars movie. With my luck it'll be the very last trailer they show so even trying to come late and avoid the trailers or take a last-minute piss is risky. I don't want to miss one second of Star Wars but I don't want to SEE one second of this garbage either.
If you wouldn't be going alone, I suppose you could have someone save you a seat and just text you after that trailer is past so you know it's safe to go in. :trazz:

Leo656
11-22-2015, 09:42 PM
It's an idea. :lol: I never bring my phone into a movie for any reason but it's an idea, might have to make a one-time exception. :trazz:

Wildcat
11-22-2015, 09:43 PM
Goto the movies BEFORE a relatively big movie is released? So before Star Wars? The wording sounds weird.

I was hoping mutated Bebop and Rocksteady would have popped up online by now.

xChri5x
11-22-2015, 09:45 PM
You think everything is "cool". :roll: You'd think Hepatitis was "cool" if they put a TMNT sticker on it, ya mark.

Duckie: I kinda thought it was her, too, but wasn't sure, nor sure what the general idea was. I'unno.

Basically, I don't want to have to be a captive audience for this sh*t if I can help it.

I KNOW. It's like a Reese's Cup, if Reese's Cups were full of broken glass instead of peanut butter.

https://33.media.tumblr.com/ea9f058d470c00882a65892549177185/tumblr_n2hv5qrWjS1qci23co1_500.gif

Leo656
11-22-2015, 09:48 PM
Oh wait, now I remember you. Holy sh*t, go away, you add nothing to this place and there's enough worthless idiots floating around as it is.

TigerClaw
11-22-2015, 09:57 PM

a very typical response coming out of you, especially during these times.

xChri5x
11-22-2015, 09:59 PM
I'd rather eat dirt than watch turtles!!! Star Wars is ruined!! Everyone is wrong except me!! Shrek!!!

Leo656
11-22-2015, 10:04 PM
"These times". :lol: Heck is that supposed to even mean?

TC: Dude, I know you don't get this, but not everything is Perfect or even good. You're probably a nice guy, but you don't have a single ounce of critical or objective thought in your head, and I don't like that. The fact that you literally like everything means, I really don't think your opinion counts for much. Like what you like, some people aren't so simple-minded, and you need to get over that. If people want to be critical, you have no right to tell them to be like you, and just like everything you liked when you were f*cking 6 years old. You're like 50, grow up.

Like I said, you're probably a nice guy. You're also completely incapable of being objective, so don't even try to tell me I can't hate these awful movies all I want. Same goes for anyone else who hates them. At least they're objective, and capable of thinking for themselves.

You guys can keep poking me if you want. I WILL get this place locked again. That's a promise. You can like your awful, piece of sh*t movies, but if you're going to seriously start this "Everyone who hates them is awful" bullsh*t, AGAIN, I'm going to see to it that this entire place burns.

Try me. I f*cking DARE you.

xChri5x
11-22-2015, 10:09 PM
https://drawception.com/pub/panels/2015/7-5/QwEws7PxMx-4.png

xChri5x
11-22-2015, 10:19 PM

TC: Dude, I know you don't get this, but not everything is Perfect or even good. You're probably a nice guy, but you don't have a single ounce of critical or objective thought in your head, and I don't like that. The fact that you literally like everything means, I really don't think your opinion counts for much. Like what you like, some people aren't so simple-minded, and you need to get over that. If people want to be critical, you have no right to tell them to be like you, and just like everything you liked when you were f*cking 6 years old. You're like 50, grow up.

Like I said, you're probably a nice guy. You're also completely incapable of being objective, so don't even try to tell me I can't hate these awful movies all I want. Same goes for anyone else who hates them. At least they're objective, and capable of thinking for themselves.

You guys can keep poking me if you want. I WILL get this place locked again. That's a promise. You can like your awful, piece of sh*t movies, but if you're going to seriously start this "Everyone who hates them is awful" bullsh*t, AGAIN, I'm going to see to it that this entire place burns.

Try me. I f*cking DARE you.

You are upset because he doesn't share your viewpoint and because of that you are trying to tear him down for it.
Then you proceed to yammer on about how people have no right to tell you your opinion is wrong.
Then in a last attempt at trying to sound superior you throw childish threats about some forum authority around.

But that's none of my business...

Vicky82
11-22-2015, 10:33 PM
I'm not a Star Wars fan but this is pretty awesome, So Star Wars will have X-Men, Civil War and TMNT 2 trailers. I probably just go see the trailers and leave before the movie come on :lol:

Leo656
11-22-2015, 10:34 PM
Actually, it happened in this order, Chris, you f***ing moron:

1. I made a tongue-in-cheek comment about how having something TMNT 2 related attached to something actually good, like Star Wars, doesn't excite me. That's my right.

2. You did your best to try and give me sh*t about MY opinion, with some kind of insipid gif bullsh*t. I half-ignored it, but you still want to be a stupid tw*t, so now I'm not going to be nice about it. That's YOU sh*tting on MY opinion, and it's annoying, and if you want to be a c*nt, I will absolutely out-c*nt you all day long.

3. Me taking a tiny poke at TC's eternal over-enthusiasm is nothing new. He's a big boy and can handle himself. The fact is, he himself has stated, often and loud, that he'd like anything with a TMNT sticker on it. Anything at all. He's admitted it. Me making fun of that kind of childish, simplistic thinking isn't illegal. It wasn't an attack. Both of you, grow up. I'm sure TC is a nice guy but I don't respect anyone with an "Everything Is Awesome" opinion because they have zero objectivity. It's nothing personal.

4. BOTH of you started giving me sh*t, and I defended my position.

5. More stupid gifs from this tw*t.

6. Now I'm mad.

See how easy that was? You COULD just let someone have an opinion that contradicts YOURS, but no, that ruins your little f*cking echo chamber. Piss off and go f*ck yourself. You wanna start sh*t with someone, you picked the absolute wrong person.

It's not a threat, it's a fact of life. Every time someone starts some sh*t with me, it escalates until the entire movie section gets locked down. That's no accident. You came at me. Now it's my turn. I'm done being nice to you insipid little c*nts. It's one thing to have awful taste, but when you start telling people who DON'T like garbage that they're not allowed to even f*cking talk, you cross the line.

Don't act like you didn't start sh*t with me on purpose. Me reacting to your bullsh*t isn't the crime.

TigerClaw
11-22-2015, 10:35 PM
I'm not a Star Wars fan but this is pretty awesome, So Star Wars will have X-Men, Civil War and TMNT 2 trailers. I probably just go see the trailers and leave before the movie come on :lol:
There's always a chance the trailer would be online during the week of it, we will have to keep an eye on that classification site.
http://www.albertafilmratings.ca/recentclasstrailers.aspx

Andrew NDB
11-22-2015, 11:05 PM

http://m.memegen.com/t2qq6v.jpg

Leo656
11-22-2015, 11:06 PM
:lol: Thanks, I needed that. :lol:

Sometimes you're alright, guy. :trazz:

Bry
11-22-2015, 11:17 PM
t101Nf8WmdU

The Boston Ninja Turtle
11-23-2015, 01:02 AM
Gluttons for punishment maybe? At the very least hopefully it shows just before the movie starts, and not early in the half hour of previews when everyone is waiting line at the concession stand.

Thanks, and likewise condolences for the loss of your friend. Don't know what it is about this time of year, even a friend lost his beloved dog yesterday. :ohwell:

my condolences to both of you this seems to be the year of loss for alot of people..i recently loss my pup tooa swell as other goodbyes

anyways i was skeptical ot see star wars in theaters..looks like ill be skipping the previews

letscook89
11-23-2015, 01:32 AM

All my condoleances for you father bro. :'(

pennydreadful
11-23-2015, 02:31 AM
I can hardly wait til the trailer drops. :tlol:

http://i.imgur.com/eKYRIlz.png?1

Commenter 42
11-23-2015, 03:57 AM
Waaaaaait a minute....

Just watched that video. Lol....a relatively big movie, could be referring to "the Big Short" a Paramount release.

Maybe?

joefsas
11-23-2015, 05:28 AM
Will be looking forward to the trailer :D

xChri5x
11-23-2015, 07:12 AM
Actually, it happened in this order, Chris, you f***ing moron:

1. I made a tongue-in-cheek comment about how having something TMNT 2 related attached to something actually good, like Star Wars, doesn't excite me. That's my right.

2. You did your best to try and give me sh*t about MY opinion, with some kind of insipid gif bullsh*t. I half-ignored it, but you still want to be a stupid tw*t, so now I'm not going to be nice about it. That's YOU sh*tting on MY opinion, and it's annoying, and if you want to be a c*nt, I will absolutely out-c*nt you all day long.

3. Me taking a tiny poke at TC's eternal over-enthusiasm is nothing new. He's a big boy and can handle himself. The fact is, he himself has stated, often and loud, that he'd like anything with a TMNT sticker on it. Anything at all. He's admitted it. Me making fun of that kind of childish, simplistic thinking isn't illegal. It wasn't an attack. Both of you, grow up. I'm sure TC is a nice guy but I don't respect anyone with an "Everything Is Awesome" opinion because they have zero objectivity. It's nothing personal.

4. BOTH of you started giving me sh*t, and I defended my position.

5. More stupid gifs from this tw*t.

6. Now I'm mad.

See how easy that was? You COULD just let someone have an opinion that contradicts YOURS, but no, that ruins your little f*cking echo chamber. Piss off and go f*ck yourself. You wanna start sh*t with someone, you picked the absolute wrong person.

It's not a threat, it's a fact of life. Every time someone starts some sh*t with me, it escalates until the entire movie section gets locked down. That's no accident. You came at me. Now it's my turn. I'm done being nice to you insipid little c*nts. It's one thing to have awful taste, but when you start telling people who DON'T like garbage that they're not allowed to even f*cking talk, you cross the line.

Don't act like you didn't start sh*t with me on purpose. Me reacting to your bullsh*t isn't the crime.

This is getting really embarrassing.

DarthRaphael
11-23-2015, 07:46 AM
Methinks someones panties are on too tight. So much anger over a movie. Let it go, Let it goooooo...........

Leo656
11-23-2015, 08:23 AM
This is getting really embarrassing.

Yes, the fact that people like you are allowed to talk in a public space at all is indeed an embarrassment, since you contribute absolutely zero. I've been saying for years, they should make people pass an exam before they're allowed into this place, instead of allowing cretins to cram it up and lower the bar for everyone. Must be some kind of affirmative action deal.

Xav
11-23-2015, 09:52 AM
Waaaaaait a minute....

Just watched that video. Lol....a relatively big movie, could be referring to "the Big Short" a Paramount release.

Maybe?Nah, I don't see Nick putting this in front of an R rated film.

plastroncafe
11-23-2015, 09:57 AM
So many heels, so little time...

Vicky82
11-23-2015, 10:25 AM
The only big movie coming out is Star Wars, right.

I think the next big movie after Star Wars is Deadpool in February.

Andrew NDB
11-23-2015, 10:27 AM
I can already imagine, no matter who I'm in the theater with seeing Star Wars Episode 7, the theater will grow dark, the previews will start popping up and I'll just feel this unnerving sense of hope and dread. Hope that maybe, just maybe, the Star Wars reel in my theater doesn't have the TMNTINO 2 trailer, dread that it does. And then BOOM, there's the TMNTINO 2 trailer. And I'll probably get nudged, "Oooh! Turtles! You like the Turtles, don't you? Aren't you looking forward to this?"

And already my Star Wars Episode 7 experience will be off to a ghastly beginning.

TigerClaw
11-23-2015, 10:27 AM
The only big movie coming out is Star Wars, right.

Its the only big movie coming out in December, there is also the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie, but that ain't bigger then Star Wars.

Andrew NDB
11-23-2015, 10:29 AM

That's not a big movie.

Vicky82
11-23-2015, 10:32 AM
Its the only big movie coming out in December, there is also the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie, but that ain't bigger then Star Wars.

What???? Another Chipmunk movie, isn't that like the 5th one but I wouldn't consider that a big movie maybe for little kids though. I seriously doubt the TMNT 2 trailer is going to be on there.

That's not a big movie.

Well Marvel fans will consider it's a big movie (won't be bigger than Civil War and possibly X-Men). Ok then maybe Batman vs Superman is the next big movie after Star Wars.

TigerClaw
11-23-2015, 10:48 AM
What???? Another Chipmunk movie, isn't that like the 5th one but I wouldn't consider that a big movie maybe for little kids though. I seriously doubt the TMNT 2 trailer is going to be on there.
Its the only other movie that's opening on the same week as the new Star Wars.

DioLeo451
11-23-2015, 11:13 AM
Cool hope I get to see a glimpse of Bebop and Rocksteady I just have to see how they will be portrayed

TrickOrTreater
11-23-2015, 01:11 PM
Goddamn the trailer is going to look like ten dumpster fires stacked on top of each other if it's before Star Wars, which looks bloody amazing.

Foombamaroom
11-23-2015, 04:15 PM

Once that trailer comes on, I'm gonna be like, "Well, I better pee before the movie starts."

And guys, stop. It's definitely Star Wars. There's literally no other big movie in comparison, unless he was talking about Mockingjay. Hint hint, he wasn't.

Not marketing a big-budget action movie before Star Wars is probably the biggest mistake you could possibly make. Say what you want about how much money Batman vs. Superman and Civil War are going to make, but Star Wars is going to absolutely destroy everything at the box office.

graphic_content
11-23-2015, 05:28 PM
As if I needed a reason to watch Star Wars, all the trailers that will be precede the film are going to be fun. Looking forward to this, and much more.

plastroncafe
11-23-2015, 05:32 PM
I have absolutely no interest in the next PD movie, and even I'm curious about the trailer.

I should probably point out that I also routinely watch videos of surgical procedures, and my favorite Vlog is "Ask a Mortician"...so, you're mileage is going to vary.

Cure
11-23-2015, 05:36 PM
Oh nice. Hopefully my theatre shows it. They have a habit of not showing the trailers that are hyped for being released before movies.

TurtleTitan97
11-23-2015, 05:42 PM
Meh. That's all I can really say.

Commenter 42
11-23-2015, 08:15 PM
Imagine the Star Wars audience. Think about the market segment that absolutely must see SW opening week. Think about how particular they are, how exacting. It might to safe to say that SW fans are the most intolerant group of fans, with respect to change, quality, cannon etc.

All I'm saying is, the marketing team may want to rethink this stratagey.

I should probably point out that I also routinely watch videos of surgical procedures, and my favorite Vlog is "Ask a Mortician"

And there it is, the thing we can bond over.
Gunther von Hagens videos are a guilty pleasure of mine.

plastroncafe
11-23-2015, 08:37 PM
And there it is, the thing we can bond over.
Gunther von Hagens videos are a guilty pleasure of mine.

You ever been to one of his exhibits?
Mesmerizing.

(Though, I've heard von Hagens is a shady dude, regarding where he gets some of his specimens. Nothing I've researched enough to know with any degree of certainty, but just enough to not want to donate my body when I'm done with it.)

CyberCubed
11-23-2015, 08:49 PM
I just hope they remove their nostrils in the next movie.

Leo656
11-23-2015, 09:17 PM
I just hope they remove their nostrils in the next movie.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/522a2049e4b0a0ce717e990c/t/527d8fc4e4b0c24b160cdb1e/1383960577236/

Commenter 42
11-23-2015, 09:18 PM
You ever been to one of his exhibits?
Mesmerizing.

(Though, I've heard von Hagens is a shady dude, regarding where he gets some of his specimens. Nothing I've researched enough to know with any degree of certainty, but just enough to not want to donate my body when I'm done with it.)

I have actually. If you have any bad habits, of any kind, the bodyworks show will cure you right quick. I even started flossing three times a day.

I think the rumors are an urban myth, and for me at least, my nihilism easily eclipses any concern. I think the worst scenario was something about deathrow inmates or unclaimed bodies in China. I don't see how a pine box or an incinerator holds any more dignity.

graphic_content
11-23-2015, 09:51 PM
Imagine the Star Wars audience. Think about the market segment that absolutely must see SW opening week. Think about how particular they are, how exacting. It might to safe to say that SW fans are the most intolerant group of fans, with respect to change, quality, cannon etc.

All I'm saying is, the marketing team may want to rethink this stratagey.

i dont know about this one...reports state that they've already made $50m in pre-sales, and are on track to break $100m before Dec.18th. Hard-core fans or not, people will be talking about this film, and that includes all the trailers preceeding it. Plus a lot of those ppl are bandwagoners who are there to see the movie due to all the hype. Its like the SuperBowl, not eveybody watching are football fans. They are there because it is the event to watch. Seems like a great place to market virtually anything imo.

Commenter 42
11-23-2015, 10:15 PM
Hard-core fans or not, people will be talking about this film, and that includes all the trailers preceeding it. Plus a lot of those ppl are bandwagoners who are there to see the movie due to all the hype. Its like the SuperBowl, not eveybody watching are football fans. They are there because it is the event to watch. Seems like a great place to market virtually anything imo.

Right...precisely the point man. You're excited to see this trailer, ok, but the ultra picky nerdcore? They will find something to deride, and inevitably destroy. It's still Michael Bay. These are the people responsible for the internet! :lol::lol::lol:

This is the marketing equivalent of going to a comedy club, on a second date, and sitting in the front row.

graphic_content
11-23-2015, 10:35 PM
Right...precisely the point man. You're excited to see this trailer, ok, but the ultra picky nerdcore? They will find something to deride, and inevitably destroy. It's still Michael Bay. These are the people responsible for the internet! :lol::lol::lol:

This is the marketing equivalent of going to a comedy club, on a second date, and sitting in the front row.

but that's just it though, the "ultra picky nerdcore" is always critical. it doesn't matter the property. I think the marketing strategy is get the trailer seen by as many people as possible...the critics will always be critics, that just nothing they can help.

consider this tho? what if this movie is actually good, and PD has so much faith in the direction they are going, they are willing to put the first trailer up for that much scrutiny? ... no?...a guy can hope. :D

***as an aside, I actually took a date (now my wife) to a comedy club - while it didnt derail our relationship, the comedian certainly took his shots at us. :lol:

Commenter 42
11-23-2015, 11:03 PM
consider this tho? what if this movie is actually good, and PD has so much faith in the direction they are going, they are willing to put the first trailer up for that much scrutiny? ... no?...a guy can hope. :D

***as an aside, I actually took a date (now my wife) to a comedy club - while it didnt derail our relationship, the comedian certainly took his shots at us. :lol:

But the front row? on a second date? :lol: If you did that, you've got a brass set man. :lol: I can respect that!

You know how much I hated the first one... I don't even consider it to be TMNT. They cast a huge gingerbread dude and an c list fat brother. They replaced the only actor I liked from the first one with a lesser actor. Basketball team.

Telling you man, this move right here, it's the very definition of hubris. They don't know they're bad. PD has never once made a good film, I can't imagine them doing so now.

I'm waiting to be proven wrong, but I will bet you all the cheesecake in the factory that Bebop is a pig/boar mutant, Krang will be over-designed by Jared, and Blue door will rear its ugly head, again, with the focus being predominately on a human love triangle none of us care about.

Oh, and B&R will be impossibly huge, with terrible cgi. And the Turtles still look hideously wrong.

Andrew NDB
11-24-2015, 12:08 AM
Imagine the Star Wars audience. Think about the market segment that absolutely must see SW opening week. Think about how particular they are, how exacting.

What does this mean? Pretty much everybody likes Star Wars.

TrickOrTreater
11-24-2015, 02:48 AM
But the front row? on a second date? :lol: If you did that, you've got a brass set man. :lol: I can respect that!

You know how much I hated the first one... I don't even consider it to be TMNT. They cast a huge gingerbread dude and an c list fat brother. They replaced the only actor I liked from the first one with a lesser actor. Basketball team.

Telling you man, this move right here, it's the very definition of hubris. They don't know they're bad. PD has never once made a good film, I can't imagine them doing so now.

I'm waiting to be proven wrong, but I will bet you all the cheesecake in the factory that Bebop is a pig/boar mutant, Krang will be over-designed by Jared, and Blue door will rear its ugly head, again, with the focus being predominately on a human love triangle none of us care about.

Oh, and B&R will be impossibly huge, with terrible cgi. And the Turtles still look hideously wrong.

This exactly. Platinum Dunes has literally never made a good movie. Ever.

The first movie of this series was a steaming pile.

They've got a new yes-man I mean inexperienced, only-made-one-found-footage-kids-movie director to replace Michael Bay Lite from the first one, and the same writers from the first one are back. And the recent Fant4stic calamity/disaster/clusterf*ck shows what CAN happen when inexperienced directors take on huge summer cg movies.

Megan Fox.

The list goes on. The odds are 1,000,000% stacked against this movie in every way. And not unfairly either. This series deserves it all.

Commenter 42
11-24-2015, 03:40 AM

C'mon, seriously?

HeroTurtlesFan
11-24-2015, 05:48 AM
Great. I was hoping for some good trailers when I go and see Star Wars. Will be good to see the new TMNT trailer.

massakre
11-24-2015, 06:17 AM
AWESOME news!

Bry
11-24-2015, 07:04 AM

I mean, if the trailer is attached to Star Wars, and it's flanked by trailers for Captain America: Civil War and, say, X-Men: Apocalypse? I don't see a lot of people being impressed by BayTurtles 2 compared to all that.

ToTheNines
11-24-2015, 07:32 AM
Well the X-Men trailer might be gag-inducing as well, so there's that at least.

Foombamaroom
11-24-2015, 07:51 AM
I'm honestly more excited for this trailer than X-Men, and that's saying something.

But let's be real here, guys: there are more fans seeing Star Wars in theatres than casuals. I'm willing to bet that because almost everyone's a 'Star Wars fan.' It has a HUGE cultural impact on everyone, and it's a huge part of society. With that said, not every 'Star Wars fan' is a nerd. So, it IS a smart idea to be putting action movie trailers up in front of this thing. No one's going to be nitpicking the trailers during the movie because everyone's too damn hyped for Star Wars. Besides, there's going to be PLENTY of nitpicking around early-mid December. There's no way they're going to release it December 18th. It's going to come out a few days earlier.

Bry
11-24-2015, 08:14 AM

I mean, your mileage may vary, but Singer hasn't made a bad X-Men movie. They may not jive with the X-Men comics as much as I'd like, and there've certainly been better comic movies before and since (and my favourite X-Men movie is actually "First Class"), but compared to BayTurtles they're freakin' masterpieces.

Andrew NDB
11-24-2015, 10:14 AM
I mean, your mileage may vary, but Singer hasn't made a bad X-Men movie.

http://997waystobeagreatspeaker.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/humor-speech-contest-ideas.jpg

plastroncafe
11-24-2015, 10:16 AM
Well...he's not responsible for the WORST X-Men movie...

Andrew NDB
11-24-2015, 10:19 AM
Well...he's not responsible for the WORST X-Men movie...

X2 is probably the dullest, least overall entertaining X-Men movie to me, so I'd say yeah he is.

Even cheese like X-Men Origins at least had some kind of scope beyond two locations and very tiny happenings. And while clearly rushed and not all "together" at least X3 finally delivered on some large scale mutants vs. mutants action.

Foombamaroom
11-24-2015, 10:39 AM
The X-Men movies have awful action sequences, in my opinion. They aren't intense or scary like action sequences should be. At least TMNT's were 'okay.'

plastroncafe
11-24-2015, 10:40 AM
X2 is probably the dullest, least overall entertaining X-Men movie to me, so I'd say yeah he is.

Even cheese like X-Men Origins at least had some kind of scope beyond two locations and very tiny happenings. And while clearly rushed and not all "together" at least X3 finally delivered on some large scale mutants vs. mutants action.

That movie gave us Nightcrawler infiltrating the Oval Office, some respect.
X3 was crap on a crap cracker reheated in a non-microwave safe container.

It should have been this:
JYpyLzORfP0

But then...we know by now that we have completely opposite tastes in movies, right?

Andrew NDB
11-24-2015, 10:44 AM
But then...we know by now that we have completely opposite tastes in movies, right?

Eh... we both liked Turtles Forever, I think. :)

plastroncafe
11-24-2015, 10:47 AM
Eh... we both liked Turtles Forever, I think. :)

How much of that was the vodka talking?

Bry
11-24-2015, 11:13 AM
https://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m27z6viMnC1qbymseo4_250.gif

Yeeeah, but there's a whole world of difference between "I personally didn't like this/wasn't entertained by this" and "a bad movie". There are a ton of very basic storytelling problems/mistakes in something like BayTurtles that mostly aren't present in X2. Like it or not, X2 works as a movie, but BayTurtles doesn't even make basic sense as a story.

The X-Men movies have awful action sequences, in my opinion. They aren't intense or scary like action sequences should be. At least TMNT's were 'okay.'

I'll take these two action sequences over anything in BayTurtles, any day of the week:

uLOMdddg11A

e4Hdubzs7kk

MrTMNT2012
11-24-2015, 12:00 PM
I'm not entirely looking forward to being embarrassed in front of a big Star Wars audience.

Pretty sure 'Star Wars' itself is synonymous with embarrassment at this point.

*Sigh*... Now I have to watch the same **** 7 times in the cinema to see a glimpse of something that's actually new.

TurtleTitan97
11-24-2015, 12:15 PM

:roll: Oh brother.

Autbot_Benz
11-24-2015, 12:49 PM

*Sigh*... Now I have to watch the same **** 7 times in the cinema to see a glimpse of something that's actually new.

even though I am a fan of both Star Wars and the 2014 Turtles movie this post is just stupid

http://i68.tinypic.com/v46p04.png

Vicky82
11-24-2015, 12:55 PM

So you going to watch Star Wars 7 times????? Why don't you come in after the previews. Thats what I do when I see a movie more than once.

IndigoErth
11-24-2015, 01:12 PM
I dunno, any film franchise, esp an epic one, that brought us the likes of Jar Jar Binks should at least be a little understanding. :tlol:

TMNT is just in it's awkward Jar Jar Binks phase. :trazz:

AquaParade
11-24-2015, 01:58 PM
The X-Men films pioneered the comic book-movie genre as we know it today. Unfortunately, times have changed and I don't feel the currents X-Men movies are fully in touch with the scope and excitement the X-Men are capable of.

They came along at a time when comic book-movies were very taboo. Singer was the right guy for the job at the time, but unfortunately his movies just aren't very fun or touching.

Etsyturtle2
11-24-2015, 02:04 PM

Nope. Not everybody.

Commenter 42
11-24-2015, 02:08 PM

You're not wrong! hahaha...

I mean, your mileage may vary, but Singer hasn't made a bad X-Men movie. They may not jive with the X-Men comics as much as I'd like, and there've certainly been better comic movies before and since (and my favourite X-Men movie is actually "First Class"), but compared to BayTurtles they're freakin' masterpieces.

That Ivan Ooze tho.

graphic_content
11-24-2015, 02:13 PM

I've never heard anyone defend X3 before. It's universally panned by critics, and comic book fans alike, and while yes, it delivered on things not seen before in the franchise (large scale mutant on mutant battles), the same arguments could be made for Platinum Dunes' reboot of Turtles: rushed? yes. not all together? yes. but they gave us far more intense action sequences than we've seen in previous outings (a la Shredder vs Splinter).

Commenter 42
11-24-2015, 02:22 PM
I've never heard anyone defend X3 before. It's universally panned by critics, and comic book fans alike, and while yes, it delivered on things not seen before in the franchise (large scale mutant on mutant battles), the same arguments could be made for Platinum Dunes' reboot of Turtles: rushed? yes. not all together? yes. but they gave us far more intense action sequences than we've seen in previous outings (a la Shredder vs Splinter).

Those are some pretty big bandaids you're affixing sir. :lol:

Action has to have a purpose and context, neither of which were present in PDMT, so, no, the action wasn't intense at all. I was bored, frankly.

Bry
11-24-2015, 02:27 PM
That Ivan Ooze tho.

It ain't the best design, true. But I still say that some serious Apoca-Lips would help a bunch.

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news_img/68373/X_Men_Apocalypse_68373.jpg

The Boston Ninja Turtle
11-24-2015, 02:38 PM

Action has to have a purpose and context, neither of which were present in PDMT, so, no, the action wasn't intense at all. I was bored, frankly.

it didnt help that the trailers showed 95% of the action...so agree pd turtles did not deliver in intense action..especially when some of it was shakey cam

and not even ninja like

Commenter 42
11-24-2015, 02:49 PM
It ain't the best design, true. But I still say that some serious Apoca-Lips would help a bunch.

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news_img/68373/X_Men_Apocalypse_68373.jpg

I mean, c'mon Singer, it's in the name! It's in the bloody name!!!!:lol::lol:

Lipsey has a very intimidating look in the comics...it's pretty damn iconic.

graphic_content
11-24-2015, 03:52 PM

Firstly, thank you. LOL

Secondly, I am already expecting B&R to look hideous. Have you seen the original CG versions of the Transformers - beautifully simply, not a crap ton of moving parts, its really a shame that Bay gave the order to 'complicate' them for no reason at all.

EARLY TEST FOOTAGE: AM74D1mFjN0

it didnt help that the trailers showed 95% of the action...so agree pd turtles did not deliver in intense action..especially when some of it was shakey cam

and not even ninja like

Have to agree to disagree with you guys ... Splinter vs the Foot, Shredder, imo, has levity, and more emotion in that one sequence, than in the entire film. It was probably the only sequence in the film that had the RAID-like action that Eastman was boasting about, and I'm a huge snob for well done choreography.

What really bummed me out was, when the stuntmen released behind the scenes looks at the sequences planned, those sequences were far and away much better than the ones used.

check out stuntman, DANIEL GRAHAM's action reel, in it he showcases some unused choreography for Donatello vs The Foot, that looked freaking amazing: TCXiS0eqCJs

My hope is with a new director he doesnt makes the same mistakes. Before you say it, i know is wishful thinking :lol::lol::lol:

Commenter 42
11-24-2015, 04:11 PM
Ok - first things first - that "test footage" of Prime, is not actual test footage - at all. It's fan art, done by an artist looking to get hired. There was never any attempt to recreate G1 faithfully, ever.
nothings certain in this life but death, taxes, and internet lies. :)

Next - I agree with you on this much, the little bit of Tohoru Masamune we heard, was great. I'm on record as saying it's the only redeming quality the film has, aside from the great stunt performances that we saw a fraction of. It's hard to care though, because it's hidden under 2 tonnes of garbage. The putrid faces and, terrible cgi, and bad anatomy. Bad anatomy on the principal, title characters. These designers are the Rebecca Black of concept artists. I've looked that their collective contribution to movies in the last 5 years - directly responsible for the worst of that slate.

But here's the question - what's the relationship between Splinter and Shredder? How do they even know each other? Why does a lab rat instantly recognize a giant metal robot man he's never met?

while I'm distracted by this, a fight takes place, but I don't care anymore because I'm pulled out of the movie.

graphic_content
11-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Ok - first things first - that "test footage" of Prime, is not actual test footag - at all. It's fan art. There was never any attempt to recreate G1 faithfully.

Next - I agree with you on this much, the little bit of Tohoru Masamune we heard, was great. I'm on record as saying it's the only redeming quality the film has, aside from the great stunt performances that we did see. It's hard to care though, because it's hidden under 2 tonnes of garbage. The putrid faces and bad anatomy. Bad anatomy on the principal, title characters. These designers are the Rebecca Black of concept artists.

But here's the question - what's the relationship between Splinter and Shredder? How do they even know each other? Why does a lab rat instantly recognize a giant metal robot man he's never met?

while I'm distracted by this, a fight takes place, but I don't care anymore because I'm pulled out of the movie.

Are we sure that the G1 Prime is fan art? I only contest you because I was a computer graphics student at the time this was released, and the cg-community was going crazy over this, and it was widely accepted that it was from ILM, during the early stages of Transformers. But hey, it could all be a hoax.

But I have to concede on your second point - they obviously shoe-horned the Oroku Saki element at the last second, and by doing so, completely removed the emotional tie, Splinter had with the Shredder (who was supposed to be Sachs in the original version). So while I agree there was no personal intensity between the two during their fight, for me, the intensity came from his parental perspective of sacrificing himself for his "children".

The Boston Ninja Turtle
11-24-2015, 04:24 PM
its fan art, if i remember right its from a student from the art institutes...i remember cause my teachers loved to flaunt that this could be you by the end of the year

and thats how they got their money

IndigoErth
11-24-2015, 04:31 PM
If it's fan made... just makes me wish more that certain film makers weren't so opposed to doing some frigging research into what fans/potential viewers seem to lean toward.

Were it like that, I might have actually watched the Transformers films. At this point, I've only seen pieces of the first. The designs are just visually way too annoyingly busy to me; it's annoying to look at.

Commenter 42
11-24-2015, 04:35 PM
Are we sure that the G1 Prime is fan art? I only contest you because I was a computer graphics student at the time this was released, and the cg-community was going crazy over this, and it was widely accepted that it was from ILM, during the early stages of Transformers. But hey, it could all be a hoax.

100% a fan art piece. early Optimus ILM looked like this:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d0/71/2a/d0712a8331d367b664d6af1c5d25276b.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e45/Blozor/Movie_Prime_Blue.jpg~original

Remember?

The Boston Ninja Turtle
11-24-2015, 04:40 PM
going to sound hypocritcal i know

but i actually dont mind the final in film bayformer designs, at least the autobots look fine to me

then again i didnt really get into transformers until beast wars

THAT SAID, i remember when transformers was first announced they actually released a special about how they did research on the transformers..

they actually measured and did the math so that the robots believably could fit within the car bodies

sure something happened but they showed potential at first..granted this was 2006 when things looked decent from bay

sethmartin
11-24-2015, 04:49 PM
Ok - first things first - that "test footage" of Prime, is not actual test footage - at all. It's fan art, done by an artist looking to get hired. There was never any attempt to recreate G1 faithfully, ever.
nothings certain in this life but death, taxes, and internet lies. :)

Next - I agree with you on this much, the little bit of Tohoru Masamune we heard, was great. I'm on record as saying it's the only redeming quality the film has, aside from the great stunt performances that we saw a fraction of. It's hard to care though, because it's hidden under 2 tonnes of garbage. The putrid faces and, terrible cgi, and bad anatomy. Bad anatomy on the principal, title characters. These designers are the Rebecca Black of concept artists. I've looked that their collective contribution to movies in the last 5 years - directly responsible for the worst of that slate.

Yes! I agree with the Splinter/ Shredder thing. I think they should have just kept Sachs as the Shredder. Yeah, it would have still been wrong and bad but at least it would have made sense in the movie. I liked Tohoru Masamune, but he didn't really do much. Also, breaking a foot soldiers hand and killing a foot soldier just to demonstrate to the turtles what the plan was, felt out of place for me. Why would Shredder and Sachs hurt their own men? Anyway, I'm just ranting now.

pdizzle
11-24-2015, 06:23 PM
I thought when movies showed previews in front of them, that they only showed company's associated with their film? Or maybe thats a dvd thing idk, I could be way off...

TigerClaw
11-24-2015, 06:29 PM
I thought when movies showed previews in front of them, that they only showed company's associated with their film? Or maybe thats a dvd thing idk, I could be way off...
at the theaters, they always show trailers to movies from other studios, before the actual movie starts.

Commenter 42
11-24-2015, 07:15 PM
This is the thing, I'm not blindly hating PDMT for being different. I have legitimate reasons. It's legitimately bad. I'm legitimately mad.
It's legit.

Maybe too legit. 2 legit to quit?

WHAT!!!! See what I did! See that! Whoa!!!!!!!

The Boston Ninja Turtle
11-24-2015, 07:17 PM

yes and no

it depends on the the movie and the theater

my buddy was manger at a movie theather..

what used to be film reels are literally just flash drives now,true story, with time specific codes for the movie..

some come pre loaded with studio specific trailers, usually disney movies

when my buddy would invited me after closing to see movies , he would only preload the trailers we wanted to see

honestly thats probably why civil war is being shown with star wars

pdizzle
11-24-2015, 08:30 PM
yes and no

what used to be film reels are literally just flash drives now,true story, with time specific codes for the movie..

when my buddy would invited me after closing to see movies , he would only preload the trailers we wanted to see

honestly thats probably why cival war is being shown with star wars

Thats interesting, I guess thats why I never see the trailers for movies thats supposed to be linked to the chosen movie at my theaters thats everyone, everywhere else does. So I wonder if tmnt will be one of the pre loaded ones or one at the theaters discretion? Does that also depend on studios paying for those spots or is it completely up to the theater?

Commenter 42
11-24-2015, 09:26 PM
I think it's based on markets/territories. I think the trailer spot is purchased in in select markets, not necessarily all markets.

Leo656
11-24-2015, 09:31 PM
Nope. Not everybody.

Maybe not, but those people should probably keep to themselves.

You know how some words mean different things in different languages? And in some languages, one word can mean more than one thing?

Well, it turns out that in ancient Kryptonian, "I don't like Star Wars" and "I liked the PD TMNT movie" BOTH translate as, "I have horrible taste in movies."

Pretty wild.

Andrew NDB
11-24-2015, 11:12 PM
Well, it turns out that in ancient Kryptonian, "I don't like Star Wars" and "I liked the PD TMNT movie" BOTH translate as, "I have horrible taste in movies."

I mean, I get there's a portion of the population that doesn't like Star Wars because it's sci-fi or because it's fantasy and that's just not their thing. But to the overwhelming majority, it's a 5 billion dollar franchise that's a generational entity and fairly well ingrained into pop culture for several decades now. Even if you're not a "Star Wars Fan" in the strictest sense, you certainly have either seen some of the movies, or are constantly around people who are big fans. It's that big.

If you loved the PD TMNT movie, you're just a lover of terrible movies. I'm not sorry. And there's people like that out there (the "I love this movie because it's so bad it's good" crowd). But at least own it.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3331/3605092053_9ff160a23e_z.jpg

Commenter 42
11-25-2015, 01:31 AM
I only meant that the audience that's gone ahead and pre bought tickets to be in the theater opening night, are probably the same folks buying tickets to comic con. By en large, that's a very particular group who for the most part, concern themselves with the finer points of sci-fi. These are the guys that go frame by frame through a trailer, draw conclusions from blurred imagery in the BG of promotional stills, and not least of all, visit forums like this.

I'm saying, they're more discerning than Joe average in general, and a crap fest like PDMT2 should steer clear, fly a little more under the radar, lest they enrage the nerdbeast again.

Sure - lots of regular people like star wars - but they won't be the majority in the theater opening day.

Klunk1234
11-25-2015, 07:30 AM
I think the new Star Wars movie will be awesome and I hope it captures the "spirit" of the original movies.
JarJar Binks, I agree with most people, is the worst character in the entire franchise.
I will watch in the theater, but not in the opening night; that would be a pandemonium.

My condolences to the lady who lost her father recently.

Bry
11-25-2015, 08:18 AM
Not strictly on-topic, but the Civil War trailer dropped last night, so here's what BayTurtles 2 is gonna be competing with for hype:

uVdV-lxRPFo

Hey, good luck with that. :trazz:

JarJar Binks, I agree with most people, is the worst character in the entire franchise.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/underestimate_power_star_wars.gif

Vicky82
11-25-2015, 08:23 AM
Not strictly on-topic, but the Civil War trailer dropped last night, so here's what BayTurtles 2 is gonna be competing with for hype:

uVdV-lxRPFo

Hey, good luck with that. :trazz:

I think everyone knows that TMNT 2 won't be competing with Civil War and anyway Civil War and Batman vs Superman will be competing for no 1 comic book movie of 2016.

Andrew NDB
11-25-2015, 10:27 AM
I think everyone knows that TMNT 2 won't be competing with Civil War and anyway Civil War and Batman vs Superman will be competing for no 1 comic book movie of 2016.

Calling the PD TMNTINO movies "comic book movies" seems an insult to the term.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-25-2015, 10:30 AM
Calling the PD TMNTINO movies "comic book movies" seems an insult to the term.

We need a new term for sh!tty CBMs like Elektra, Catwoman, and the rest of their ilk.

Foombamaroom
11-25-2015, 10:39 AM
lol, I guarantee it's going to go like:

Audience after X-Men trailer: Okay, yay!

Audience after Civil War trailer: oH MY GOD GIVE IT TO ME NOW.

Audience after TMNT trailer: ...Oh.

Vicky82
11-25-2015, 10:47 AM

Audience after Civil War trailer: Where is Spiderman????????

Fixed :lol:

massakre
11-25-2015, 11:05 AM
yes and no

honestly thats probably why civil war is being shown with star wars

interesting.. did not know that.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-25-2015, 12:26 PM

Audience after Civil War trailer: oH MY GOD GIVE IT TO ME NOW.

I believe you mean:

Audience Under 8 Y.O. after TMNT trailer: Yay! Turtles!
Audience Over 8 Y.O. after TMNT trailer: Aw fvck, here we go again...

Bry
11-25-2015, 01:00 PM
Audience Under 8 Y.O. after TMNT trailer: Yay! Turtles!
Audience Over 8 Y.O. after TMNT trailer: Aw fvck, here we go again...

if only there were some way to make a movie that's entertaining for children and adults alike

but alas it is impossible

:cry:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-25-2015, 01:17 PM
if only there were some way to make a movie that's entertaining for children and adults alike

I know, right? :tlol:

Foombamaroom
11-25-2015, 03:45 PM
Fixed :lol:
True! But I don't think many common audiences know that Spidey's gonna be in this movie.

How awesome would that be, though? You're just watching this and you see him like, "WAITAMINUTE, IS THAT SPIDER-MAN!?"

LET CKDOM AND I WRITE A SCRIPT. IT SHALL BE AMAZING.

Hell, let anyone on this forum write a script. I'd even take something SharkBlade writes over what the writers of this movie are going to pump out.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-25-2015, 04:07 PM
True! But I don't think many common audiences know that Spidey's gonna be in this movie.

How awesome would that be, though? You're just watching this and you see him like, "WAITAMINUTE, IS THAT SPIDER-MAN!?"

LET CKDOM AND I WRITE A SCRIPT. IT SHALL BE AMAZING.

Hell, let anyone on this forum write a script. I'd even take something SharkBlade writes over what the writers of this movie are going to pump out.

It's usually a sad day when people who know jack sh!t about the comics and characters write the movie. (Guardians of the Galaxy is the only exception to that rule of which I'm aware, and I'm pretty sure it pissed off the five preexisting GotG fans who read the comics.) :tlol:

Foombamaroom
11-25-2015, 05:05 PM
It's usually a sad day when people who know jack sh!t about the comics and characters write the movie. (Guardians of the Galaxy is the only exception to that rule of which I'm aware, and I'm pretty sure it pissed off the five preexisting GotG fans who read the comics.) :tlol:

You're my absolute favorite.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-25-2015, 06:00 PM
You're my absolute favorite.

You're mine, too. :twink: Still crushing it with the Twerking Leo sig, too. :tlol:

CyberCubed
11-25-2015, 09:54 PM
Its so sad that TMNT movies are basically dead in the water for the next decade.

Maybe sometime in the 2020's we'll get another reboot and do it right.

aliena
11-26-2015, 12:53 AM
Its so sad that TMNT movies are basically dead in the water for the next decade.

I was just sickened when I heard Bay was attached to TMNT. Why couldn't it have been anyone but him? He's destroyed so many movies, including Transformers. Now he's working on another one? Someone please stop him.

As for the preview, I'll take what little I can from it, but I'm not hopeful in the least.

Andrew NDB
11-26-2015, 01:39 AM

The only hope to that end would be if Viacom sold the license to someone else.

Unlikely. What is more likely is that even if they weren't/aren't willing to do anything with it at some point, they'd just sit on it and bury it so that a competitor can't do anything with it.

Commenter 42
11-26-2015, 02:07 AM
What is more likely is that even if they weren't/aren't willing to do anything with it at some point, they'd just sit on it and bury it so that a competitor can't do anything with it.

^exactly.

I don't see another revival of TMNT after Nick is done. PD has killed any warm and fuzzies for the 80's child, and the market is simply too saturated today for kids to care at all in another 10-15 years.

It's also highly unlikely that CBM's will still be popular in 10 years time.

This was their moment, and they blew it.

NoOhnrjdYOc?

Andrew NDB
11-26-2015, 02:32 AM
It's also highly unlikely that CBM's will still be popular in 10 years time.

Don't know that I subscribe to that popular thought. That's like saying that books getting adapted into movies will somehow go out of style (never has... it's been like 100 years). However... the way the Big Two have been operating, with drastically diminishing returns (largely due to them slavishly re-adapting their comics to suit what's going on in their movies, which seems like the snake eating its own tail), we may reach a point where there is surprisingly no comics worthwhile to adapt into movies. Or more specifically, they'll try and they'll bomb and the milk will be soured.

But no matter what, indie kind of fare will always see its day in theater. Think, things like "Road to Perdition."

Shred Head
11-26-2015, 07:36 AM
Just when I have gone out of my way to just stay away from the ****ing PD movies it had to rear its hulk sized big lipped head on something I want to see. I pray the trailer gets released online before I see Star Wars. I just want to rip off that leech now while I can so I can just enjoy the movie I have been looking forward to all year long. That way when it plays in the theater I see it I know its **** and I can just move on and just enjoy the title scroll in peace and my hype wont be interrupted.

The Boston Ninja Turtle
11-26-2015, 09:46 AM

pretty sure there were a few posters saying tmnt will destroy civil war and supe

Commenter 42
11-26-2015, 02:16 PM
...Or more specifically, they'll try and they'll bomb and the milk will be soured.

That's my meaning. TMNT milk has been soured by PD, and the sequel will cement it's fate, possibly for the foreseeable future. It will be hard to resurrect after this.

I don't think a comics to books comparison is accurate to the perception of Comics in the mainstream media. I think CBM's have been compartmentalized into a genre, as incorrect as that may be.
CBM fatigue and resentment is becoming palpable, and I'd wager the slate of movies set up for 2020 and beyond never materialize.
It's not really about Comics though. It's the theater experience being impossibly expensive, and routinely underwhelming, especially with a 2hr story. The reality is that we're witnessing the slow death of theatrical films as a medium.

Not that any of the above will ever die the true death you mind, but as far as H'wood is concerned, it's not for lack of trying.

ToTheNines
11-27-2015, 09:04 AM
The X-Men films pioneered the comic book-movie genre as we know it today.

Nah bud, that was Blade.

CyberCubed
11-27-2015, 10:30 AM
Comic book and/or superhero movies will always exist, they just might be less of them about 10 years from now than there is now, although they'll never go away entirely. Entire new generation of kids and teens will exist in the future and will be exposed to these superheroes for the first time, just like our generation was back in the 80's and 90's.

Batman 1989 exposed a whole new gen of kids to Batman who had never seen him before, whereas the older generation knew him from the 60's TV show or Superfriends.

Foombamaroom
11-27-2015, 08:11 PM
Cubed's right. Right now, we're in the age of comic-book movies. This is gonna go on for about.. I'd say another 10-15 years? People obviously aren't getting tired of them, as the cinematic franchise is the biggest thing around.

It's like how horror was a big thing back in the late 70s and the 80s. I wonder what's gonna be the next big thing, though. Hopefully not romance. I dunno, maybe Westerns will make a comeback.

Commenter 42
11-27-2015, 09:00 PM
People obviously aren't getting tired of them, as the cinematic franchise is the biggest thing around.

It's like how horror was a big thing back in the late 70s and the 80s. I wonder what's gonna be the next big thing, though. Hopefully not romance. I dunno, maybe Westerns will make a comeback.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/55/Pendulum_170deg.gif

It's a pendulum. We're on the up swing of the period for sure now, and this is the most amplitude CBM's have ever had. It began in the noughties, and we've had almost 15 years, I'd argue the end is nigh. :lol:

But the market will undoubtably correct itself...it's what always happens.

What goes up and all that.

My guess, is like anything else, the new wave will be as alien to CBM's as you can get. Not sure what the polar opposite to Comic fantasy is...

Cspan?

MrTMNT2012
11-28-2015, 08:25 PM
I mean, I get there's a portion of the population that doesn't like Star Wars because it's sci-fi or because it's fantasy and that's just not their thing. But to the overwhelming majority, it's a 5 billion dollar franchise that's a generational entity and fairly well ingrained into pop culture for several decades now. Even if you're not a "Star Wars Fan" in the strictest sense, you certainly have either seen some of the movies, or are constantly around people who are big fans. It's that big.

If you loved the PD TMNT movie, you're just a lover of terrible movies. I'm not sorry. And there's people like that out there (the "I love this movie because it's so bad it's good" crowd). But at least own it.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3331/3605092053_9ff160a23e_z.jpg

The stupidity and hypocrisy in this post is quite unnerving but precisely the reason why I don't post on this forum as often (aside from the 2012 series completely sucking now).

News flash; you can dislike a particular trilogy of films that have generally become a satire in the 21st century without being labelled into anything! Shocking, I know. Especially when your brain is so limited that it has to frantically classify things into distinct categories in order to function.

Papenbrook
11-28-2015, 09:31 PM
We don't need to start arguing about a movie that has not yet been released. It's not worth getting the PD forum closed again. We can just discuss what the trailer will reveal. So please calm down.

Commenter 42
11-28-2015, 09:44 PM
What's with the crazy angry response? Kind of odd.

Papenbrook
11-28-2015, 09:49 PM
What's with the crazy angry response? Kind of odd.
Are you talking about me?

I am not acting crazy nor angry. I am just trying to get everyone to calm down.

Commenter 42
11-28-2015, 10:42 PM
Are you talking about me?

I am not acting crazy nor angry. I am just trying to get everyone to calm down.

Nope, I was referring to the post above you. :)

Seemed a little over the top is all.

pennydreadful
11-29-2015, 12:48 AM
The internet is powered by anger. :lol:

Well, anger and cats.

Amaranthus
11-29-2015, 06:11 AM
(aside from the 2012 series completely sucking now).

Sh*tty opinions ahoy!

Mew
11-29-2015, 07:03 AM
The internet is powered by anger. :lol:

Well, anger and cats.
What about angry cats?
http://benchmarkitconsulting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/AngryCat-266x300.jpg

Commenter 42
11-29-2015, 01:22 PM
Lately this place...

Everybody be emotionally tap-dancing like their hair's on fire, for no goddamned reason...

http://i.imgur.com/FpcN8fN.gif

wait a minute...

https://kristabology.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/133f9a45c6d938dd9205a69a3da7f8a3.gif

shuriken
11-29-2015, 02:16 PM
The stupidity and hypocrisy in this post is quite unnerving but precisely the reason why I don't post on this forum as often (aside from the 2012 series completely sucking now).

News flash; you can dislike a particular trilogy of films that have generally become a satire in the 21st century without being labelled into anything! Shocking, I know. Especially when your brain is so limited that it has to frantically classify things into distinct categories in order to function.

Totally out of left field but alright:lol:
Relax dude, it will be ok.

Foombamaroom
11-29-2015, 02:23 PM
It was only a matter of time before everyone in this forum went rabid and started foaming at the mouth.

Etsyturtle2
11-29-2015, 03:06 PM
It was only a matter of time before everyone in this forum went rabid and started foaming at the mouth.

i saw some guy at the cafe on his laptop. Here's a pic:
http://www.painetworks.com/photos/js/js9936.JPG

neatoman
11-29-2015, 03:56 PM
That's my meaning. TMNT milk has been soured by PD, and the sequel will cement it's fate, possibly for the foreseeable future. It will be hard to resurrect after this.

I don't think a comics to books comparison is accurate to the perception of Comics in the mainstream media. I think CBM's have been compartmentalized into a genre, as incorrect as that may be.
CBM fatigue and resentment is becoming palpable, and I'd wager the slate of movies set up for 2020 and beyond never materialize.
It's not really about Comics though. It's the theater experience being impossibly expensive, and routinely underwhelming, especially with a 2hr story. The reality is that we're witnessing the slow death of theatrical films as a medium.

Not that any of the above will ever die the true death you mind, but as far as H'wood is concerned, it's not for lack of trying.

Well yeah, obviously long term plans will fall through eventually. The Marvel Cinematic Universe will crash and burn because that business plan is more suited to comics. Comics are cheap and can survive on a small but dependable audience, movies are expensive and require a large audience that won't be as dedicated.

That won't mean the end of comic based movies though, what people might be getting is more likely Superhero movies and there are plenty of non-cape comics to base movies on. Besides the big comics (as examples, Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, X-Men and even TMNT to an extent) will probably always receive new movies, just maybe they won't be part of some endless plan bubble.

Gunstar_Red
11-29-2015, 04:28 PM
Well, if they did get trailer space before Star Wars 7, congratulations. That's great for them. That's a huge audience.

I really want to watch the trailer because I'm not going to judge it upon snippets of texts and speculation. But do I really want to face the kind of crowd watching SW on the first week? Not really. I'm probably going to watch it released/leaked on YouTube instead.

Foombamaroom
11-29-2015, 04:28 PM
I don't see the Marvel Cinematic Universe lasting past Infinity War, really. They've been building up Thanos so much that that seems like it's the perfect place to tip the hats and bow out.

TMNT? I don't see that getting another reboot until AFTER the age of comic books, and more specifically, after a new cartoon pops up. Let's be honest here, the only reason that movie got made is because TMNT suddenly became popular again with the kids because of the 2012 series. Maybe we'll get a more adult based series soon (PLEASE GOD MAKE AN IDW SERIES.).

Etsyturtle2
11-29-2015, 04:34 PM
(PLEASE GOD MAKE AN IDW SERIES.).

This. Exactly. This.

Commenter 42
11-30-2015, 03:09 AM
I think the only reason anything happened, was because Viacom saw potential.
I can't see another reboot happening for a very, very long time.

Movies, as they are now, are dying. No two ways about it. Yes box office takes are huge right now, but only for the biggest, splashiest eye candy from the most ignored market for the last 20 years. Lots of other tentpoles failed in 2015. Lots of flops.

Oculus might save the biz. Or Magic Leap. Movies in a theatrical setting though, are doomed.

I guess what I'm thinking, is that despite wanting a reboot of TMNT movies, like, right now, today...my want won't manifest. I'm Gen Y... It's not about me, it's about kids born this century.

Etsyturtle2
11-30-2015, 04:35 AM
I think the only reason anything happened, was because Viacom saw potential.
I can't see another reboot happening for a very, very long time.

Movies, as they are now, are dying. No two ways about it. Yes box office takes are huge right now, but only for the biggest, splashiest eye candy from the most ignored market for the last 20 years. Lots of other tentpoles failed in 2015. Lots of flops.

Oculus might save the biz. Or Magic Leap. Movies in a theatrical setting though, are doomed.

I guess what I'm thinking, is that despite wanting a reboot of TMNT movies, like, right now, today...my want won't manifest. I'm Gen Y... It's not about me, it's about kids born this century.
But, but, theaters are my favorite movie viewing setting.
Sitting in the dark with strangers, stale popcorn and movies so loud that my ear drum will burst are the best!

Commenter 42
11-30-2015, 04:43 AM
There was a time when sitting in the dark with strangers was an appealing idea...no, no really. it's true.

Etsyturtle2
11-30-2015, 04:47 AM
There was a time when sitting in the dark with strangers was an appealing idea...no, no really. it's true.

I know. Did you not read that I said it was my favorite movie watching experience?