PDA

View Full Version : Cinemassacre

Pollyparrot
11-29-2015, 10:28 PM
One of my sources for video game nostalgia is watching the videos James (known by many as the Angry Video Game Nerd) makes. Is anyone else a fan? I prefer James and Mike Mondays. The Shadows of the Empire play through is hilarious.

sdp
11-29-2015, 10:34 PM
Jesus, this is that Goku guy right?

Pollyparrot
11-29-2015, 10:40 PM

Did James review DBZ? I don't recall seeing that.

You shouldn't use J as a cuss word/exclamation. Not calling you out, just a personal peeve of mine when people do that.

sdp
11-29-2015, 10:46 PM
for christ sake, can you even use it as a cuss word? Jesus you! I will Jesus you up? He's a piece of Jesus. It doesn't quite have a ring to it. Now god damnit on the other hand is quite nice to let off some steam, but I don't really refer to the Christian god when I say it.

Pollyparrot
11-29-2015, 10:51 PM
for christ sake, can you even use it as a cuss word? Jesus you! I will Jesus you up? He's a piece of Jesus. It doesn't quite have a ring to it. Now god damnit on the other hand is quite nice to let off some steam, but I don't really refer to the Christian god when I say it.

Well, I don't think we should discuss religion here. You started it, but I don't really want to get into this topic too much. I guess it is okay for me to say that the name can't be used as a cuss word, but it can be used in vain. Does this mean your a deist? Probably don't answer that.

You a Cinemassacre fan or not?

Etsyturtle2
11-30-2015, 04:24 AM

Were you drunk when you started spewing religious exclamations in a thread about cinemasscare for no apparent reason?

Peanut
11-30-2015, 07:35 AM

Siiiiiiiiiiiigh

XERO
11-30-2015, 11:39 AM
This thread is already horrible.

Pollyparrot
11-30-2015, 04:47 PM
What's going on here? Don't drink and post, people.

Aaronardo
11-30-2015, 04:54 PM
*Sigh* Normal poster that nobody ever talks about because of how little controversy they cause to the rescue of a thread... again.

Yes! I love Cinemassacre! In fact, I just watched James's Dr. Jackyll and Mr. Hyde parody trailer that adjusts the movie to be more like the game. I was actually rolling around I was laughing at that so hard. I'm not the biggest fan of James and Mike Mondays, but I LOVE the Angry Video Game Nerd. Something about his shtick sticks with me. I don't know, just seeing a grown man spurting out swear words in random orders over a video game is just freaking hilarious to me. :lol:

Commenter 42
11-30-2015, 05:00 PM
Jesus Christ!

Pollyparrot
11-30-2015, 05:19 PM
*Sigh* Normal poster that nobody ever talks about because of how little controversy they cause to the rescue of a thread... again.

Yes! I love Cinemassacre! In fact, I just watched James's Dr. Jackyll and Mr. Hyde parody trailer that adjusts the movie to be more like the game. I was actually rolling around I was laughing at that so hard. I'm not the biggest fan of James and Mike Mondays, but I LOVE the Angry Video Game Nerd. Something about his shtick sticks with me. I don't know, just seeing a grown man spurting out swear words in random orders over a video game is just freaking hilarious to me. :lol:

I was starting to wonder if anyone knew what Cinemassacre actually is. Thank you. That Dr. Jackyll and Mr. Hyde game looks awful. LOL James really raged against that game. I guess the game developers didn't care or they didn't have anybody actually try to play it before shipping to stores.

Candy Kappa
11-30-2015, 06:05 PM
No, never heard of Cinemassacre :lol:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=26700
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=32457

sdp
11-30-2015, 08:53 PM
I was trying to have the OP have a meltdown like he usually does, though not necessary, it's only a matter of time.

Pollyparrot
11-30-2015, 10:51 PM
You need to shut up sdp. Don't drink and post.

No, never heard of Cinemassacre :lol:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=26700
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=32457

LOL so there are fans of Cinemassacre here. Powder included!

Powder
11-30-2015, 11:09 PM
You couldn't be any more obvious, really.

Pollyparrot
11-30-2015, 11:13 PM
You couldn't be any more obvious, really.

Why you jumping my butt all of a sudden? You have proof of what you say? I'd love some proof.

Powder
11-30-2015, 11:15 PM
You're not the one I have to give proof to, & if I did, you'd know what not to do next time. So... :)

Pollyparrot
11-30-2015, 11:17 PM
Who do you have to give proof to? Santa Claus?

Leo656
11-30-2015, 11:23 PM
To be fair, I didn't get an immediate and random friend request like I usually do, so jury's still out.

Either way, I stick to what I said last time: I don't trust any "new" people until they've been here a while. All "new" people are Goku until conclusively proven otherwise, far as I'm concerned.

This is actually great; thanks to Goku we have a built-in excuse to act hostile towards new members, we don't even need a "real" reason. I can definitely get behind that strategy. :tgrin:

Pollyparrot
11-30-2015, 11:25 PM
I don't know what you guys are smoking, but I want some of it. No, I take that back. Smoking causes cancer!

Powder
11-30-2015, 11:26 PM
But in time it'd make for a gruff enough voice to give your batman toys!

Leo656
11-30-2015, 11:27 PM
Sheeeeeeeeiiiiiiiit, I swear this place should require a mandatory two-joint minimum just to walk inside.

Pollyparrot
11-30-2015, 11:28 PM
But in time it'd make for a gruff enough voice to give your batman toys!

Bale screwed up Batman's voice. WTF did this Goku guy do and WTF does Batman have to do with this? I think you're all drunk.

Okay, ask me some questions and I will answer them, proving I'm not him. Is there a test to take?

Leo656
11-30-2015, 11:32 PM
Hah, this whole place can tell by now if I'm drunk. Not even close tonight, sadly.

The test is, you have to spin three times in a circle, spit in your hand, slap your forehead, and yell "I BELIEVE IN FAIRIES!" as loud as you can. That's all the proof I, or anyone, can ask for.

Pollyparrot
11-30-2015, 11:36 PM
Hah, this whole place can tell by now if I'm drunk. Not even close tonight, sadly.

The test is, you have to spin three times in a circle, spit in your hand, slap your forehead, and yell "I BELIEVE IN FAIRIES!" as loud as you can. That's all the proof I, or anyone, can ask for.

Probably a picture would prove I'm not him. I'm a girl. I like the test you came up with though. Its creative. Uses real imagination.

Leo656
11-30-2015, 11:42 PM
People claim all kinds of things. I lie about my height alllll the time. Your claims prove nothing. Maybe Goku was a girl the whole time. I don't know if that's ever been proven either.

Like it or not, the seeds of mistrust have been sown, and they bear bitter fruit, indeed.

Pollyparrot
11-30-2015, 11:45 PM
People claim all kinds of things. I lie about my height alllll the time. Your claims prove nothing. Maybe Goku was a girl the whole time. I don't know if that's ever been proven either.

Like it or not, the seeds of mistrust have been sown, and they bear bitter fruit, indeed.

Not my fault. Blame Goku. He must have really effed this place up. I'm starting to regret coming here if its just a bunch of asses.

Leo656
11-30-2015, 11:48 PM
Mostly just me and 80 or so other people. Honest.

You can't blame people who've been hurt before for being mistrustful. We're just not ready to love again!

Pollyparrot
11-30-2015, 11:53 PM
Mostly just me and 80 or so other people. Honest.

You can't blame people who've been hurt before for being mistrustful. We're just not ready to love again!

I don't really blame you. You seem like a nice guy at least. Powder probably really believes what he says. Some people believe in monsters under their beds.

Leo656
12-01-2015, 12:00 AM
You seem like a nice guy at least.

HAH. Man, you had me goin' there for a second. Hahaaaaaa. Ohhhhh, mercy.

((wipes tear)) Whew. That was good. That was good.

Pollyparrot
12-01-2015, 12:05 AM
LOL I must not know you then. So what do you want to talk about now? This thread really made its way to the sewer fast, no TMNT pun intended.

Leo656
12-01-2015, 12:10 AM
I want to discuss the ugly and hurtful things people are saying about Amy Schumer in response to her posing nude for this year's Pirelli Calendar. I think she looks great and the photo is classy, artistic, tasteful, and elegant, and she's very brave for putting herself out there like that, and I think the things people are saying about her for doing it are ugly and mean-spirited, just because she isn't 110 lbs like some typical stick-figure model type. People are awful.

That's what's on my radar at this particular moment. Feel free to pass. :trazz:

Pollyparrot
12-01-2015, 12:15 AM
I think I will pass on that one. I think Disney is mad at her too.

Have you seen any Cinemassacre videos?

How many numbers of Pi do you know without Googling it? 3.14 is as far as I can go.

Leo656
12-01-2015, 12:23 AM
"Sine, Sine, Cosine, Sine! 3.14159!" That's the "Pi Cheer". We learned it in my Freshman Algebra class. That's about all I remember.

I prefer AVGN over the rest, although Board James is good. I can't get into James & Mike Mondays, watching other people play video games is brutal torture, and their running commentary makes me want to beat them both unconscious. Half the time they have (or pretend to have) little-to-no knowledge of the game they're playing, property it's based on, whatever... all the "So what is this? What's this about? What's going on here? Is this for real? Ehhhhh, I don't f*ckin' know..." stuff is BRUTAL. Every time I start one of those videos I never finish it, and believe me, I've tried. I mean Mike in particular is pretty tough to tolerate in anything but super-small doses. James is okay. I can watch AVGN all day long, though, for some reason.

I also enjoy summer afternoons on the beach and taking 45-minute showers.

Pollyparrot
12-01-2015, 12:32 AM
Okay. I don't know what to say at this point, but I mostly feel the same way about Cinemassacre, except I can tolerate James and Mike. Board James is hilarious.

I will probably be online for a few more minutes. Its getting late.

Prowler
12-01-2015, 02:40 PM
"Sine, Sine, Cosine, Sine! 3.14159!" That's the "Pi Cheer". We learned it in my Freshman Algebra class. That's about all I remember.

I prefer AVGN over the rest, although Board James is good. I can't get into James & Mike Mondays, watching other people play video games is brutal torture, and their running commentary makes me want to beat them both unconscious. Half the time they have (or pretend to have) little-to-no knowledge of the game they're playing, property it's based on, whatever... all the "So what is this? What's this about? What's going on here? Is this for real? Ehhhhh, I don't f*ckin' know..." stuff is BRUTAL. Every time I start one of those videos I never finish it, and believe me, I've tried. I mean Mike in particular is pretty tough to tolerate in anything but super-small doses. James is okay. I can watch AVGN all day long, though, for some reason.

I also enjoy summer afternoons on the beach and taking 45-minute showers.
This right here.

ssjup81
12-01-2015, 04:54 PM
I like the Cinnemascre site ok. I like the AVGN, minus the toilet humor. Board James is fun too at times. Years ago, I used to keep up with his Halloween Madness month or whatever, but it's been a long time. I sometimes watch the James & Mike play, but it depends on the game and if it's a short video.

As for the AVGN, my favorite videos tend to be the ones focusing on consoles."Sine, Sine, Cosine, Sine! 3.14159!" That's the "Pi Cheer". We learned it in my Freshman Algebra class. That's about all I remember.

I also enjoy summer afternoons on the beach and taking 45-minute showers.I agree with this. I took a look at the Donkey Kong Country one as it's one of my fav games. Was curious how they'll play. The bad thing with their commentary in general is that it feels like they're trying to find something to talk about, but I do like when they talk about maybe their first time experiencing said game, junk like that.

One I did watch was when they played Battletoads, but that was mainly for James. I really wanted to see if he'd get past the part that he couldn't as the AVGN since he, in general, always messed up there.

Anyway, I can handle Mike in small doses, but don't mind him in the Board James skits.

All that aside, I think you might like something like Game Sack since it's not a "Let's Play" gimmick.

chrisdude
12-02-2015, 06:27 AM
Overall, I love the channel. I've seen all the AVGN videos, and rewatch them from time to time. I look forward to James and Mike Mondays. Board James is fun, but I've only scratched the surface on those, since I recently rewatched all of AVGN. My only hangups are the horror movie stuff, because I'm not into it, and Mike's solo livestreams.