PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Games (Bayonetta/Metal Gear Rising) making new TMNT game?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

CyberCubed
11-30-2015, 04:12 PM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1148484

According to the gaf, a Platinum Games TMNT game has been rated.

http://i.imgur.com/vwMin.gif

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Powder
11-30-2015, 04:19 PM
So then this is what those IDW inspired TMNT models from THPS5 are from. Siiiick.

M rating? Finally, something on some real ninja sh*t.

CyberCubed
11-30-2015, 04:23 PM
Activision recently had Platinum make a Legend of Korra and Transformers games, so this is probably legit.

I've wanted a Platinum developed TMNT game for a while. Anyone who has played Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Wonderful 101, etc. knows they're a fantastic developer. They're also working on Starfox Zero with Nintendo.

Sabacooza
11-30-2015, 04:24 PM
That's awesome news! Let's hope the gameplay is good and it's something that has more meat to it instead of being able to play through it in just a few hours.

Chaotix12345
11-30-2015, 04:30 PM
*Drooling intensifies*

Gunstar_Red
11-30-2015, 04:45 PM
So maybe next Christmas? (Hopefully sooner?) ^_^ It sounds so promising!

CyberCubed
11-30-2015, 04:47 PM
As Powder said the designs are likely IDW inspired because of those skins in Tony Hawk 5. I was worried this game would be based on the movie in 2016 and I'm glad it won't be.

I will never buy a TMNT videogame with Turtle nostrils. I wouldn't mind a Nick universe inspired game though.

Aaronardo
11-30-2015, 05:00 PM
Platinum Games? Ninja Turtles? M Rating?! HELL YES.

Oh and it's out for every damn system EXCEPT Wii U. What a surprise.
Come on, Platinum. You've developed some of the best games ON the Wii U! It's no new territory for you, nor is it more cost-effective to not develop for the damn thing. That's just depressing.

bushido
11-30-2015, 05:16 PM
Platinum Games > Platinum Dunes :D

sdp
11-30-2015, 05:16 PM
I read that the M rating in Australia is the equivalent of T on the ESRB scale. Color me excited, wasn't that platinum transformers game like extremely accurate to the original show? I'd love a modern cel shaded TMNT game, I don't care if it's based on the OT or not just give me a cool TMNT game. I would get it for PC/

MrTrikey
11-30-2015, 05:25 PM
Hah! Can I call 'em or what? :lol: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1511629&postcount=18

But anyway, if it's IDW-inspired or uses IDW's style in an original story, that's fine by me. I was just really hoping it wouldn't be using the 2014 or Nick Turtles. Those already have the stink of shovelware associated with them, and that's the last thing a game like this would need.

MrTMNT2012
11-30-2015, 05:31 PM
If it's IDW-inspired then it's a Day-1 purchase.

Candy Kappa
11-30-2015, 05:59 PM
Revengeance was a cute little balls-to-the-walls game. Personally I'd be more invested had they taken directly over for a sequel to OotS, with the same designs and continuation of the story.

But, this is fine too, if we're getting those IDW models from Tony Hawk 5.

Cure
11-30-2015, 06:09 PM
Say word is born.

nor is it more cost-effective to not develop for the damn thing.

...yes it is. Do you not know how money works?

Allio
11-30-2015, 06:13 PM
anyone got clear pictures of the models? all I have seen is donnie.

TigerClaw
11-30-2015, 07:05 PM
That's pretty cool, I hope they cast the original voice actors for the turtles.

CyberCubed
11-30-2015, 07:18 PM
That's pretty cool, I hope they cast the original voice actors for the turtles.

If its IDW inspired I think they may go with new voices.

Etsyturtle2
11-30-2015, 07:23 PM
Can someone say "PERFECTIOOOOONNN"?

Leo656
11-30-2015, 08:34 PM
That's spiffy. Let's hope all goes well.

sdp
11-30-2015, 08:57 PM
The Mutant Melee and Smash Up games are definitely cool ideas to have for a TMNT game. I'm guessing this will be a beat em up of some kind which would be awesome but they tend to get bad reviews no matter how much fun they are. I think Platinum games making this game is probably the best thing that has happened to the franchise in terms of videogames since umm Konami in the 90s.

CyberCubed
11-30-2015, 09:03 PM
The Mutant Melee and Smash Up games are definitely cool ideas to have for a TMNT game. I'm guessing this will be a beat em up of some kind which would be awesome but they tend to get bad reviews no matter how much fun they are. I think Platinum games making this game is probably the best thing that has happened to the franchise in terms of videogames since umm Konami in the 90s.

Almost all Platinum Games get good reviews. They make the best action games in the business.

TigerClaw
11-30-2015, 09:06 PM
even though many are hoping the game is based on the IDW series, What if the new game is based on the Fred Wolf series? Transformers Devastation was based on the Transformers G1 cartoons from the 80s and captured it perfectly.

So why not do a game based on the 80s TMNT series?

sdp
11-30-2015, 09:12 PM
Counting the game is apparently rated T I don't see it being based on the OT, not that I wouldn't mind an awesome cel shaded OT game, I don't care for transformers but that game looked like a dream come true to any G1 fan and it also had good gameplay from what I read not to mention a cheap price.

The best option would be to have a game not related to any one continuity, not even IDW, have them play around in the universe and do what they want. I actually wasn't hyped when I first read it just found it cool but now that I think about it this may be the game we've been waiting for since the SNES days.

Mugic
11-30-2015, 09:15 PM
I have a feeling the game will be a mix of FW and IDW similar to how Transformers: Devastation was a mix of the 80's cartoon and the IDW comics.

Powder
11-30-2015, 09:15 PM
even though many are hoping the game is based on the IDW series, What if the new game is based on the Fred Wolf series? Transformers Devastation was based on the Transformers G1 cartoons from the 80s and captured it perfectly.

There's no way they aren't using the IDW models from THPS5. They're the same style as the Transformers game & everything, dude.

Besides, using IDW turtles makes it marketable to both kids & adults 'cause it looks like Nick but has OT characters all up in it's biz.

That aside, it's pretty clear there are some rights issues with the Fred Wolf likeness given all the retro merch isn't true to form.

sdp
11-30-2015, 09:44 PM
I hope the game is not based strictly on the IDW universe, I wouldn't want the game to be restricted by what the IDW universe allows. Very similar models is fine but that's what made the OT games so great, while inspired by the OT they were able to do as they wish unlike say the 2k3 games which were pretty much boring since all you could do is what had happened the previous season.

here is how Transformers Devastation looks, IIRC it was also announced randomly and just dropped, it was a cheap game, god good reviews and looks amazing, makes me wish I were a transformers fan to appreciate it.

rCJJYMsgSsk

SuperSceptile
11-30-2015, 09:46 PM
I screamed when I heard this news. Platinum Games is generally a very consistent company. I think the bad TMNT game streak will be ending soon.

Powder
11-30-2015, 10:02 PM
I hope the game is not based strictly on the IDW universe, I wouldn't want the game to be restricted by what the IDW universe allows. Very similar models is fine but that's what made the OT games so great, while inspired by the OT they were able to do as they wish unlike say the 2k3 games which were pretty much boring since all you could do is what had happened the previous season.

IDW's got tonnns of content, though. Lots of OT characters & inspired arcs. I'm sure it'd be great fun to those who aren't familiar with or even aren't particularly fond of the IDWverse.

MrTrikey
11-30-2015, 11:21 PM
Oh and it's out for every damn system EXCEPT Wii U. What a surprise.
Come on, Platinum. You've developed some of the best games ON the Wii U! It's no new territory for you, nor is it more cost-effective to not develop for the damn thing. That's just depressing.

In this case, it's not up to Platinum. Activision is the publisher, here, and if they don't think it's worth putting this game on the Wii U, there's not much else P* can do about it, either way.

If it's like Devastation at all, it likely won't be strictly in continuity, either. Yes, the official word is that the game takes place before the '86 Transformers movie, but with the likes of Nova Prime from the IDW comic being a part of the story, it's definitely not a strict G1 story.

But I do think utilizing the "IDW style" would be best here, as well. Even if the game doesn't go to the beat of the comic much at all besides using character designs, it would free them up to pretty much use any Fred Wolf/Archie-inspired character and give them an IDW-style redesign. And if said character(s) eventually rolls over into the comic itself and/or get toys because they were well-received, then that only makes things even better for Nick/Playmates' bottomline.

Speaking of which...if this is what it takes for the IDW-style characters to finally get some figure representation, so much the better! :D

MrTMNT2012
11-30-2015, 11:37 PM
Still shocked over the critical reception of Platinum's Avatar Korra Game.

For a downloadable title, it's one of the most fun experiences anyone can have as an Avatar fan. Guess all the reviewers never watched Avatar...poor lads.

Xav
11-30-2015, 11:56 PM
Besides, using IDW turtles makes it marketable to both kids & adults 'cause it looks like Nick but has OT characters all up in it's biz.Are you saying the Nick series doesn't have OT characters all up in it's biz?

Powder
12-01-2015, 12:25 AM
Nope, I'm saying "Besides, using IDW turtles makes it marketable to both kids & adults 'cause it looks like Nick but has OT characters all up in it's biz.", you even quoted it.

CyberCubed
12-01-2015, 12:28 AM
Man, we might finally see Old Hob in something outside the comics. That characters needs more exposure, he's probably the best original character IDW came up with.

Commenter 42
12-01-2015, 12:42 AM
Man, we might finally see Old Hob in something outside the comics. That characters needs more exposure, he's probably the best original character IDW came up with.

Who do you see playing him?

slingtheory
12-01-2015, 12:42 AM
Ok I'm cautiously optimistic about this.on the one hand I've really been hoping for a new turtle game lately and platinum games seems like a great fit. On the other hand the last time I let myself get excited about a tmnt game it turned out to be that mobile game based on the movie and that was a pretty big let down

SS Kakarot
12-01-2015, 02:35 AM
I really enjoyed Transformers Devastation, looking forward to this very much!

Shark_Blade
12-01-2015, 05:05 AM
The creators of the legendary Bayonetta (aka one of the best and most stylish game series ever) is about to make a TMNT game??? :o

Somebody pinch me! Can't wait!! :tlove:

Candy Kappa
12-01-2015, 05:49 AM
anyone got clear pictures of the models? all I have seen is donnie.

The IDW models in THPS5 can be seen at the beginning of this video. And Leo skating

PSeSg4KRjMo

Zulithe
12-01-2015, 05:54 AM
Wow finally a TMNT game to actually be excited about.

I am very down.

sluggedup226
12-01-2015, 06:48 AM
Hopefully we'll get an official announcement during the Game Awards this Thursday.

bushido
12-01-2015, 06:56 AM
Hope it's not an adaptation of the next movie :tconfuse:

tmnt transformer
12-01-2015, 07:20 AM
An IDW based tmnt game eh? Cool! It would be also nice if they got the 2k3 voices for the turtles.

Peanut
12-01-2015, 07:43 AM
Let's all just remember to keep our expectations in check. We don't yet know what kind of budget this thing is shooting for and that will dictate a lot of what they're allowed to do with the game.

If anything, I see this being a Legend of Korra sized download only title, which probably isn't what any of us want, but is most likely closer to what the market will sustain. I'm just hoping for co-op.

shredder orokusaki
12-01-2015, 07:50 AM
I have played and finished Bayonetta on 360 Metal gear Revengace, Korra, and Tranformers Devastation on pc. Cant wait for it!! I hope they will make me impossible to be defeated even on the easiets difficutly! Day one buy from Steam and will play it 4K DSR 60 FPS max settings on my core i5 2500k 3,3ghz GTX 970 G1 GAMING 4GB 12 GB DDR 3 1600 MHZ!! CANT WAIT FOR IT!!!! WE WANT IT NOW!!!

sluggedup226
12-01-2015, 08:11 AM
http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=rq3o1%2bvToJ10DsvQBTdCEw%253d%253d&ncdctx=045pcNnoBtjCCTAFQiaXZg%252fBxNGMItwAbF2%252 f166G4mlqawLmVA0tWHsHBG9lWpXU
According to the classification site, it's rating is based on violence and online interactivity. So I assume that means online co op?

MrTrikey
12-01-2015, 08:14 AM
Let's all just remember to keep our expectations in check. We don't yet know what kind of budget this thing is shooting for and that will dictate a lot of what they're allowed to do with the game.

If anything, I see this being a Legend of Korra sized download only title, which probably isn't what any of us want, but is most likely closer to what the market will sustain. I'm just hoping for co-op.

Nah, I disagree.

Even Transformers got a retail release for a budgeted price, and as much as I love G1 TF, it's a brand that doesn't have nearly the kind of widespread affection among a larger, general audience that TMNT does. And having a space on retail shelves is what you ideally want for a product that's even aiming more for "middle tier" market than the high-end AAA/AAAA.

The main reason Korra was made a download-only title was likely due to the fact that it was, as was stated in some press releases, meant to be the thing that "tested the waters" for Activision and P*'s continued relationship. Both parties were pleased, so obviously, that's where TF: Devastation and now TMNT came from.

Peanut
12-01-2015, 09:03 AM
I agree with you. I just want this section to keep expectations in check, because previous game releases have turned into an absolute sh*t storm on this forum.

Raptor86
12-01-2015, 09:06 AM
Great news!
I really hope it's going to be IDW based :tgrin:

AquaParade
12-01-2015, 09:46 AM
I have a feeling Tom Waltz may be doing some writing for this game, based on several hints that have been dropped recently, regarding IDW Turtles being involved in a secret project, and also, Tom mentioned he was writing for a video game recently.

Bry
12-01-2015, 10:03 AM
Something IDW-based would be incredible. But I'll be happy with anything that's not BayTurtles. :tsmile:

Platinum Games? That's actually decently promising. So long as they're given the time and resources required, their track record is pretty damn good. Fingers crossed...

chrisdude
12-01-2015, 10:37 AM
What the hell?! I HAVE Tony Hawk 5! I didn't know they put the damn turtles in it!

TigerClaw
12-01-2015, 10:47 AM
What the hell?! I HAVE Tony Hawk 5! I didn't know they put the damn turtles in it!
Yeah, It's part of a free update to the game, it added some more characters, the TMNT is one of them.

MrTrikey
12-01-2015, 10:50 AM
I have a feeling Tom Waltz may be doing some writing for this game, based on several hints that have been dropped recently, regarding IDW Turtles being involved in a secret project, and also, Tom mentioned he was writing for a video game recently.

Hey, you're right! After our initial guesses about those hints pointing to that new tabletop game largely fell flat, a lot of us were left scratching our heads. But between the THPS5 models and this announcement, now it just seems like things are sliding into place. :D

I agree with you. I just want this section to keep expectations in check, because previous game releases have turned into an absolute sh*t storm on this forum.

True. But I think as long as people keep in mind that this is still likely going to be a mid-tier project of some sort, and a first game that hopefully builds a foundation for sequels, things may just work out. And people will stay sane.

...Nah, who we kiddin?! :lol:

CyberCubed
12-01-2015, 02:35 PM
I think its for the best they're going with the IDW Turtle designs. If they went with the Nick cartoon designs the game would be viewed as another licensed kids game, and if they went with the 80's cartoon designs it would be seen as nostalgia pandering.

Going with a more "neutral" design for the Turtles is the best movie. The IDW Turtles basically look like a mix of the Mirage/4kids Turtles anyway.

Vicky82
12-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Cool, I would get it if it is available for PC I don't have a Playstation or XBox.

Powder
12-01-2015, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I really hope it's on PC too. I'm a Nintendo guy, so...

Shark_Blade
12-01-2015, 03:56 PM

Ditto. I need to find this on PS4 ASAP. :D:tlove:

The Stryker
12-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Ditto. I need to find this on PS4 ASAP. :D:tlove:

No. You REALLY don't need to play Tony Hawk 5. You really don't.

CyberCubed
12-01-2015, 04:24 PM
Cool, I would get it if it is available for PC I don't have a Playstation or XBox.

Its probably going to be PS4/One only and no Nintendo release since Activision doesn't make Wii-U games anymore.

That being said the game isn't coming out till Fall 2016 so it might release on the NX if it comes out next November.

sdp
12-01-2015, 04:38 PM
I'd guess it's coming out on PC as well, OOTS came out there as well and most major releases now get PC ports. I hope so as well since I'm a Nintendo/PC guy only as well, I don't game enough to warrant a game console.

Yeah I think this will be a smaller game and maybe downloadable only title but that's fine as long as it's fun/good. I don't need a giant epic, I just want a good TMNT game even if it's a fun short ride.

sluggedup226
12-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I really hope it's on PC too. I'm a Nintendo guy, so...

It is coming out on PC too.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVGG2orXIAA-pZ4.png:large

Powder
12-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Bueno... :)

Ninjinister
12-01-2015, 06:18 PM
M in Australia doesn't equate to M in US

CyberCubed
12-01-2015, 06:25 PM
It will be T obviously. There won't be any blood.

Mugic
12-01-2015, 08:29 PM
It will be T obviously. There won't be any blood.T rated games have blood just not much.

CyberCubed
12-01-2015, 08:39 PM
T rated games have blood just not much.

I meant this game is unlikely to have any blood.

TigerClaw
12-01-2015, 08:57 PM
and no Wii U version, considering Platinum Games released both Bayonetta games on the Wii U.

M in Australia doesn't equate to M in US
Yeah, M in Australia would be T in the US.

ctt4lfecw
12-01-2015, 09:49 PM
I don't think there's ever been blood in any turtle game before.

Ninjinister
12-01-2015, 09:58 PM
I don't think there's ever been blood in any turtle game before.

Wasn't there blood in Out of the Shadows? Or am I imagining that?

TurtleTitan97
12-01-2015, 09:59 PM
Wasn't there blood in Out of the Shadows? Or am I imagining that?

I don't remember any instances in the game that featured blood, so no.

shredder orokusaki
12-02-2015, 12:10 AM

Of course it is coming to pc. The only games that dont come to pc nowdays is those that microsoft sony and nitendo develops to sell their consoles. As a pc gamer that makes me very happy

MrTrikey
12-02-2015, 11:18 AM
and no Wii U version, considering Platinum Games released both Bayonetta games on the Wii U.

Again, in a case like this, it's not up to P* to determine why a Wii U version/SKU wasn't made. Activision is the publisher, and they're one of the ones who abandoned the Wii U a while ago.

In short, your beef is with them.

Ninjinister
12-02-2015, 06:08 PM
I don't remember any instances in the game that featured blood, so no.

Wait... I remember it did, you don't remember if it did so... it didn't? While it may be true that it didn't, that's not very logical.

Of course it is coming to pc. The only games that dont come to pc nowdays is those that microsoft sony and nitendo develops to sell their consoles. As a pc gamer that makes me very happy

Not entirely true. Close, though.

STORMSHADOW__210
12-02-2015, 10:35 PM

That would be cool too, comedy and all but I would miss the voice of Shredder.

shredder orokusaki
12-03-2015, 04:48 AM
14 hours left until the Game awards 2015 where we will get the fist gameplay trailer and possibly release date annoucment!!!!

Shark_Blade
12-03-2015, 05:17 AM
I still can't believe the legendary creators of Bayonetta are helming TMNT next.

This is truly amazing. :tlove:

Hope it's out on PS4 or even WiiU.

Ninjinister
12-03-2015, 06:04 AM
14 hours left until the Game awards 2015 where we will get the fist gameplay trailer and possibly release date annoucment!!!!

Don't be getting people's hopes up. There's been zero confirmation that this will be announced today.

pferreira
12-03-2015, 09:05 AM
Of course it is coming to pc. The only games that dont come to pc nowdays is those that microsoft sony and nitendo develops to sell their consoles. You can't say that about Lego Dimensions. :tcry:

shredder orokusaki
12-03-2015, 09:34 AM
You can't say that about Lego Dimensions. :tcry:

But still almost all developers that were releasing their games for consoles until a few years ago like Namco Platinium Temco Koei now brings evrything on pc and because of that we have games like Mortal Kombat x Tranformers Devastastion Dead Or Alive 5Metal gear 5 e.t.c at the same time on pc. I am talking about japanese devs as these are the ones that were ignoring pc for so long, the european and Americans devs has always been releasing their games on pc forever. Not only that but we see that the few genres that were on consoles only like fighters for example now are coming to pc. Until 2009 only capcom was releasing fighters on pc now evryone is brining them to pc and so far only Tekken has not come yet. The pc versions of the games are the best versions as they have much better graphics and fremaeratte than consoles you can play up to 4k resolution and you can use whatever contoler you like. Also you dont need to pay for online.
And since we are talking about gaming take a look here http://store.steampowered.com/hardware/#Machines
Steam machine is a new version of the pc. They are gaming pc at the size of a console equiped with controller. In other words they are pc made for gaming in the living room on the couch just like consoles. But they have the power and the advantages of the pc

shredder orokusaki
12-03-2015, 09:34 AM
Don't be getting people's hopes up. There's been zero confirmation that this will be announced today.

They siad that 10 new games will be announced. There is no doubt that one of them will be TMNT. 9 hours nd 25 minutes left!

Mugic
12-03-2015, 11:19 AM
They siad that 10 new games will be announced. There is no doubt that one of them will be TMNT. 9 hours nd 25 minutes left!A mutiplatmorm game with no exclusively attached to it being announced at a Playstation event? Quit deluding yourself dude, it not being revealed tonight.

TigerClaw
12-03-2015, 11:30 AM
The Game Awards are on tonight at 9pm EST, What are the chances one of the World Premieres, is the new TMNT game from Platinum Games?

Ninjinister
12-03-2015, 12:42 PM
The Game Awards are on tonight at 9pm EST, What are the chances one of the World Premieres, is the new TMNT game from Platinum Games?

It just may be. Weinerhead back a page seems convinced that it's confirmed even though it isn't.

A mutiplatmorm game with no exclusively attached to it being announced at a Playstation event? Quit deluding yourself dude, it not being revealed tonight.

Um... The Game Awards isn't PlayStation only?

sluggedup226
12-03-2015, 01:06 PM
I believe it will be revealed tonight and that Activision strategically placed the turtles in the Tony Hawk update to gather some attention, especially their designs. Even thought the game was rated last month in Brazil, with the leak of Platinum Games developing and the Australia rating happening in the same week as the awards, that has gathered even more attention and possibly restored faith in the turtles' gaming franchise so I think it's a no brainer that it will be shown tonight!

Mugic
12-03-2015, 02:05 PM
Um... The Game Awards isn't PlayStation only?:teek: My bad, i thought he was talking about the Playstation Experiance Event that's also happening this week.

MrTrikey
12-03-2015, 02:07 PM
Um... The Game Awards isn't PlayStation only?

Yeah, I think he may be thinking about the PSX (Playstion Experience), which is also starting this weekend. Now, THAT actually is a Sony-related event. :D

Anyway...the last time a P* game was revealed at the VGAs/TGAs was when Revengeance was unveiled. That did well to generate some buzz for P* and Konami, so hopefully, Activision will see that history is repeated!

EDIT: Aghh, beaten.

TigerClaw
12-03-2015, 06:17 PM
Here's the live stream to The Game Awards, Its live now, but the show starts at 9pm EST.
http://www.twitch.tv/thegameawards

Update: Sadly no world premiere for the new TMNT game, oh well.

MrTrikey
12-03-2015, 10:33 PM
Yeah, a bit of a downer. But to be fair, none of the "world premiers" were anything to write home about.

As far as the next opportunity to appear at a "big event" goes, we won't actually have to wait long: PSX is this weekend. Even if it's not an exclusive, it's still possible that it may still show up. Activision and Sony certainly have a healthy relationship with all the Destiny tie-ins, after all.

Shark_Blade
12-03-2015, 11:44 PM
Oh well, I'd probably get Tony Hawk solely for the turtles tbh. Still good. :D

Allio
12-04-2015, 12:08 AM
Dont, it's not worth it.

shredder orokusaki
12-04-2015, 12:16 AM
So far from the 10 world premier only 4 has happend. Far Cry Primal Shadow complex pc version Psychonauts 2 and a new Batman game. Now we are waiting for the rest 6

Cryomancer
12-04-2015, 01:52 AM
Oh well, I'd probably get Tony Hawk solely for the turtles tbh. Still good. :D

This is how the franchise becomes worse. This is also how video games have gotten to the "quality" level they are at these days. Don't do it.

SS Kakarot
12-04-2015, 02:24 AM
I'm really curious what the game will be based on, if it's based on the new movie we probably won't see much of it soon.

Ninjinister
12-04-2015, 02:29 PM
So far from the 10 world premier only 4 has happend. Far Cry Primal Shadow complex pc version Psychonauts 2 and a new Batman game. Now we are waiting for the rest 6

I dont understand what you're trying to say.

Rat A Tat
12-04-2015, 02:57 PM
I dont understand what you're trying to say.

It was announced that there would be 10 world premiers at the 2015 Video Game Awards. Only 4 premiers have been revealed so far.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/10-world-premieres-slated-for-2015-game-awards/1100-6432591/

Ninjinister
12-04-2015, 03:41 PM
It was announced that there would be 10 world premiers at the 2015 Video Game Awards. Only 4 premiers have been revealed so far.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/10-world-premieres-slated-for-2015-game-awards/1100-6432591/

That still doesn't make any sense. There was definitely more than 4 and there is no "so far" because the damn thing's been over for almost 24 hours.

Cure
12-04-2015, 06:03 PM
That still doesn't make any sense. There was definitely more than 4 and there is no "so far" because the damn thing's been over for almost 24 hours.

Man, just...let them be. You know you can't reason with people like that.

Ninjinister
12-04-2015, 08:19 PM
Man, just...let them be. You know you can't reason with people like that.

How do you fail at COUNTING TO TEN and TELLING TIME though!?

Leo656
12-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Dude, I once fell UP the stairs, anything's possible.

Powder
12-04-2015, 08:40 PM
I once fell down an entire flight of stairs holding a pitcher of kool-aid & a beer. Neither spilled.

I will be signing autographs tomorrow at a local mental health clinic.

CyberCubed
12-05-2015, 01:27 AM
This game isn't coming out till likely Fall 2016, I don't expect to see anything of it for a long time.

Technogeek29
12-05-2015, 02:53 AM
I'd say in the summer, right around mid May.

MrTrikey
12-05-2015, 09:50 AM
This game isn't coming out till likely Fall 2016, I don't expect to see anything of it for a long time.
I could see it releasing earlier due to two reasons:

1) a Fall release would mean getting overshadowed by bigger releases at that time, not unlike how TF: Dev was swallowed up by bigger things released in the same time frame (like Activision's own Destiny Taken King)

2) If they released it earlier, like say, closer to when the second Bay-Turtles movie is set to arrive, the cross-promotion could help both products more effectively (even if they otherwise have nothing to do with each other)

And if nothing else it could be a highlight of what usually is a long summer drought.

But eh...this Activision, after all. They don't always do what makes sense.

TigerClaw
12-05-2015, 09:54 AM
I could see it releasing earlier due to two reasons:

1) a Fall release would mean getting overshadowed by bigger releases at that time, not unlike how TF: Dev was swallowed up by bigger things released in the same time frame (like Activision's own Destiny Taken King)

2) If they released it earlier, like say, closer to when the second Bay-Turtles movie is set to arrive, the cross-promotion could help both products more effectively (even if they otherwise have nothing to do with each other)

And if nothing else it could be a highlight of what usually is a long summer drought.

But eh...this Activision, after all. They don't always do what makes sense.
True, though I'm sure Activision will have some movie tie in games, they had two for the first one, on Mobile and the 3DS.

MrTrikey
12-05-2015, 02:57 PM
True, though I'm sure Activision will have some movie tie in games, they had two for the first one, on Mobile and the 3DS.

And they likely do.

But if this particular game is meant to be the jumpstart for the IDW Turtles being introduced to a larger audience that may not even be aware that they exist, the opportunity to market them along with the regularly scheduled Bay-verse and Nick-verse stuff should be there.

It's kinda like how Capcom feels free to market a variety of RE video games in close proximity with the Anderson movie series, knowing full well they have nothing to do with the games besides having a few characters in common. But it often works because fans of one sometime roll over and take interest in the other.

TigerClaw
12-05-2015, 03:09 PM
The Playstation Experience is on today, and no announcement about the game.

shredder orokusaki
12-06-2015, 11:39 AM
I am very dissapointed. There was not any annoucments not even during playstation experience.

Powder
12-06-2015, 03:27 PM
Nobody but you was expecting any.

Netkeeper
12-06-2015, 11:27 PM
So wait, I somehow missed this GLORIOUS news and don't really have time to go through the whole thread. Are there any details known about this? I caught IDW and Platinum, and I'm intensely interested. Wii U? It's all I got since I'm pretty sure they're phasing out PS3 versions of new games now.

lmfao wii u is always my first question when a new game i like is announced...

Ninjinister
12-06-2015, 11:47 PM
IDW isn't confirmed but is likely.

Systems listed in the certification(s?) are Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC. No Nintendo systems have been mentioned yet.

Pretty much no data other than the above and name/developer/publisher. Oh and it's rated M in Australia, which is like a T in North America.

Netkeeper
12-07-2015, 01:31 AM
Oh, if PS3 is still an option then I'm good. I'm already pumped.

turtlefanforever
12-07-2015, 11:29 AM
as long as it's not Nick or Bayturtles i'm all about it.

Ninjinister
12-07-2015, 01:51 PM
as long as it's not Nick or Bayturtles i'm all about it.

That's awkward, since it was just confirmed to be a Nickelodeon/Paramount crossover game.

https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

slingtheory
12-07-2015, 04:22 PM
That's awkward, since it was just confirmed to be a Nickelodeon/Paramount crossover game.

Well played ninjinister well played.

Netkeeper
12-08-2015, 02:59 AM

MAN, **** THIS GAME, AND **** YOU TOO BUDDY. :lol:

MrTrikey
12-08-2015, 05:05 PM
Pffffffffffffft @ Ninjinister. :D

Ah, well, in any case. I guess if Activision didn't announce it at either event, they're likely going to wait for the Christmas season to pass before doing so.

I'd imagine if they were going to announce it in full no later than January, that'd give them about 6 months to advertise it, assuming they really did want to have the game out close to when the next Bay-Turtles movie debuts next year.

sdp
12-09-2015, 09:59 PM
Yeah I totally forgot about the new movie, this game isn't coming out in the Fall it'll come out in summer to cash-in on the new movie.

Ninjinister
12-09-2015, 11:59 PM
If we could all stop stating our speculation as facts... that'd be totally great.

slingtheory
12-10-2015, 12:28 AM
I can see them timing it that way because cross promotion is awesome and all but I really hope that's where the connection to those two things end. Last time I got my hopes up for a tmnt game not only did it turn out to be based on the movie but it was mobile game. It would suck so hard to have that happen twice

sdp
12-12-2015, 02:51 PM
If we could all stop stating our speculation as facts... that'd be totally great.

This isn't rampant speculation but logical reasoning based on trends. Ever studied finances? It's not a fact but it's far from baseless. I'm willing to bet my signature for 6 months if the title doesn't come out in the summer.

Shark_Blade
12-12-2015, 05:55 PM
Yeah I totally forgot about the new movie, this game isn't coming out in the Fall it'll come out in summer to cash-in on the new movie.
Unlikely. Batman Arkham Asylum didn't get rushed out with the new Nolan's Batman movie at the time. They took their own time and release it when it's ready.

If they're smart, they would do the same.

sdp
12-12-2015, 06:45 PM
That was a AAA game, unless we get confirmation that this game will have a high budget then this game will have a modest budget at best and rude the wave of the new film which already seems to be getting more marketing than the previous film.

CyberCubed
12-12-2015, 07:51 PM
The game has a 1 year development cycle and they likely started it after finishing Transformers. It'll probably still come out in the Fall because then they'd only have 6-8 months to complete the game which is nonsensical.

Just thank god this isn't a movie tie-in game, just imagine those hideous muscle bound Turtles with nostrils in a Platinum game is ridiculous. How would those hulking Turtles do martial arts anyway, they're not slim enough to be ninja's.

If the skins in the Tony Hawk game are what they're using, be glad they went with a "generic" TMNT design that could basically be based on anything.

MrTrikey
12-13-2015, 10:08 AM
The game has a 1 year development cycle and they likely started it after finishing Transformers. It'll probably still come out in the Fall because then they'd only have 6-8 months to complete the game which is nonsensical.

Actually, it's probably likely that P* may have either a) been working on TMNT in tandem with TF: Dev or b) started work on the TMNT game shortly as the TF: Dev project started to come to a close, and more personnel were moved over as one project ended and the other was under full swing.

What we know about PlatinumGame is that they're a large enough studio to be fielding multiple projects at once across several teams, and that those various teams definitely stay busy. For example: the team that's helping Nintendo with StarFox Zero is made up of the same bunch lead by Yusuke Hashimoto that had finished Bayonetta 2 a year ago (and perhaps not unlike what's going on with TMNT here, hints were dropped that their next target was StarFox, with all the tie-in costumes and easter eggs that ended up in said game).

Meanwhile, Kenji Saito (Director of MGR: Rev), not only has TF as another notch recently added on his belt, but also the upcoming Nier Automata. And maybe TMNT, as well, if he's directing that TOO in addition to his other workloads.

But that's likely the very reason P* is such a worthwhile commodity to big publishers like Nintendo, Activision and Square Enix. They've proven themselves quite efficient, cost-effective and being able to handle multiple projects at once that have almost always been at a certain level of quality (sans Korra, but we know the story behind that one).

TigerClaw
12-13-2015, 10:13 AM
I wonder how the combat system on the game will be like, I never played the new Transformers game, but it looks like the bots are doing martial arts and doing all these big combos.

sdp
12-13-2015, 02:16 PM
This game is likely using the exact same engine add the transformers game. This isn't batman and they'll want to piggy bank on the marketing. It'll be a downloadable game and might have a bargain bin physical release. It'll be a good game because of platinum games not because Activision is giving them the resources to make our happen. I stand by my summer release date.

slingtheory
12-13-2015, 06:05 PM
Unlikely. Batman Arkham Asylum didn't get rushed out with the new Nolan's Batman movie at the time. They took their own time and release it when it's ready.

If they're smart, they would do the same. Well luckily in that situation wb was smart enough to realize good games sell themselves and don't need movie hype backing them up. Plus they had a sting of mediocre batman games behind them and were probably desperate to break that trend.i think the question is if nick is smart enough to recognize that most gamers are over the whole process of rushing out games to meet the timing of a movie release and just want good well made games. And hopefully Activision learned enough from its last few tmnt games to put more resources and time behind this one. Imagine what out of the shadows might've been if red fly would have got more time and a AAA budget

CyberCubed
12-15-2015, 12:12 AM
I'm just glad we'll finally have a GOOD TMNT game to play again. Its been far too long (literally over a decade), since we've had a good TMNT game to play. Just the thought of the Turtles fighting with Platinum's style gameplay makes me excited.

Give us some good levels with varied locations like the classic 2D games, some great boss fights, and good movesets for each Turtle, and it'll be great.

Leo656
12-15-2015, 01:29 AM
You didn't even play Out of the Shadows ya dweeb, don't go throwing out declarations like that on things you've only experienced through other peoples' reviews.

I got my eye on you, buster.

CyberCubed
12-15-2015, 08:08 PM
The Turtles have nostrils in that game, I don't think I can handle it.

TurtleTitan97
12-15-2015, 08:10 PM

Then you really are a blockhead. :roll:

Leo656
12-15-2015, 10:13 PM
:lol: You almost only ever see them from behind, and even from the front the camera is too zoomed out to even notice. Stop goofin', goofy. :lol:

Candy Kappa
12-16-2015, 01:34 AM

http://orig04.deviantart.net/aa6a/f/2014/255/7/6/the_nose_knows_by_candykappa-d7yvcfv.jpg

CyberCubed
12-16-2015, 11:40 AM
AAAAAHHHH! The stuff nightmares are made from!

Ninjinister
12-16-2015, 01:17 PM
You have the tamest nightmares of all time.

pferreira
12-17-2015, 02:38 PM
It'll be a downloadable game and might have a bargain bin physical release. Hoping for bargain bin physical release for PC. :D

Maelxich
12-21-2015, 07:22 PM
I am hopping they take some features from the out of the shadows game when it comes to the turtles. I would love it if they were all on screen with you and you could switch on the fly. I would love online co-op as well. I really hope they add combo moves as well. I was not a huge fan of the combat in out of the shadows it was good, but I think Platinum is a great developer for TMNT and out of the shadows had some great ideas.

I wonder who is going to be the director, Kamiya one of the heads at platinum said he was a big TMNT fan and even based one of his characters Viewtiful Joe off the 90s TMNT movie turtles. He also owns turtles in time on the snes.

Cure
12-21-2015, 08:55 PM
Kamiya is working on Scalebound.

Maelxich
12-22-2015, 07:03 PM
He was also overseeing Bayonetta 2 when that was in development. Him being a Turtles fan was more of a interesting fact rather then me thinking he would be directing the game. He loves Star Fox but he is not directing that either. Sorry for the confusion.

Cure
12-23-2015, 10:07 PM
No worries, no need to be sorry.

Shark_Blade
12-24-2015, 05:14 PM
So Bayonetta is confirmed to be a playable character in Super Smash Bros in February. :tlove: That reminds me of this tmnt development.

http://i.imgur.com/nLeqrYv.gif

PizzaPower
12-24-2015, 10:09 PM
Activision recently had Platinum make a Legend of Korra and Transformers games, so this is probably legit.

I've wanted a Platinum developed TMNT game for a while. Anyone who has played Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Wonderful 101, etc. knows they're a fantastic developer. They're also working on Starfox Zero with Nintendo.
dude im hoping for a open world TMNT game with the turtle van, and a dark atmosphere like the Arkem Batman games

sdp
12-25-2015, 08:33 PM
If the turtles ever got an open world game I'd rather it not be a gritty take, a more sci-fi heavy game would be more interesting.

The problem with TMNT is you have 4 characters and it's hard to have a game where it makes sense to only control one of them. The beat em up genre was perfect for the turtles but sadly that's no longer a viable game anymore and they're seen as repetitive. A fighting game is great for the turtles but not a traditional fighter, more of a Power Stone or Smash type of fighting game. Funnily enough they already made those two types of games as turtles games and they were both mediocre takes but if given another chance I think those two could work. The 2007 movie game had an interesting idea on how to make a single player game and still introduce the turtles.

TigerClaw
12-25-2015, 09:13 PM
If the turtles ever got an open world game I'd rather it not be a gritty take, a more sci-fi heavy game would be more interesting.

The problem with TMNT is you have 4 characters and it's hard to have a game where it makes sense to only control one of them. The beat em up genre was perfect for the turtles but sadly that's no longer a viable game anymore and they're seen as repetitive. A fighting game is great for the turtles but not a traditional fighter, more of a Power Stone or Smash type of fighting game. Funnily enough they already made those two types of games as turtles games and they were both mediocre takes but if given another chance I think those two could work. The 2007 movie game had an interesting idea on how to make a single player game and still introduce the turtles.
I'm not good at playing MMOs since it requires that you spend a lot of time grinding your characters, and leveling them up to be able to fight high level enemies.

But I wouldn't mind a TMNT MMO, If they let you create all sorts of characters, plus having the options to pick which faction you want to play, be it with the Foot Clan, Purple Dragons, Mutants, Vigilantes or Aliens.

Tora
12-25-2015, 10:38 PM
I'm thinking it could be in the vein of the Wonderful 101. The player controls various mutants in a group setting. Just a fun guess.

Maelxich
12-27-2015, 01:01 PM
I definitely think it will be an action game similar to Transformers Devastation and Bayonetta. I just hope since there are not to many weapons to give the Turtles they replace weapon switching with Turtle switching. You start a combo with Leo and switch to Mikey and he leaps towards the enemy and you can continue your attack. All four turtles will always be on screen. I hope they include some sort of combo attacks where two or more turtles gang up on one enemy like in out of the shadows.

My dream would be that they also include bonus characters like Casey. But I would settle for some costumes.

Mugic
12-28-2015, 01:16 PM
My dream would be that they also include bonus characters like Casey. But I would settle for some costumes. I'm hoping for this as well, the games based on the 2003 series weren't all that great but i loved how you could play as other characters besides the turtles like Splinter and Casey.

MrTrikey
12-29-2015, 06:47 PM
We got art leaks.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXb-A8MVAAEFCFZ.png:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXb-BxGUoAAmlBb.png:large

- https://twitter.com/lifelower/status/682011701479227392

This looks to be like a XBLA leak of sorts, which is how this was found. In any case, looks like IDW is confirmed~! :D

Powder
12-29-2015, 07:07 PM
I'm laughing at all the people who thought this wasn't gonna be IDW based. :tlol:

F*ck yeah!

TurtleTitan97
12-29-2015, 07:08 PM
we got art leaks.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/cxb-a8mvaaefcfz.png:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/cxb-bxguoaamlbb.png:large

this looks to be like a xbla leak of sorts, which is how this was found. In any case, looks like idw is confirmed~! :d

Excellent!!! :D

Chaotix12345
12-29-2015, 07:10 PM
YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

Now give us a trailer! I MUST SEE THIS IN ACTION.

sdp
12-29-2015, 07:16 PM
I just hope it's not bound by the IDW universe so they can do what they want in the game and feature what they want.

http://puu.sh/md99I/59e198690e.png

TigerClaw
12-29-2015, 07:21 PM
We got art leaks.

This looks to be like a XBLA leak of sorts, which is how this was found. In any case, looks like IDW is confirmed~! :D
That's good, a TMNT game not based on the Nick show.

MrTMNT2012
12-29-2015, 07:53 PM
This...this is the GREATEST! OMFG!!!

Most I've been excited for anything TMNT related since the 2K3 Series! :D :D :D

Mugic
12-29-2015, 07:58 PM
So out of all the TMNT video games, is this the first one to be based on a comic and not a tv show or movie?

Leo656
12-29-2015, 08:08 PM
Looks neat.

Sabacooza
12-29-2015, 08:29 PM
Well, the cover art looks phenomenal. I wouldn't expect anything less from Santolouco. Now if the gameplay and graphics are top notch and there's more meat to it, this could really be an awesome game.

Allio
12-29-2015, 08:53 PM
Even though we will probably get an original cast, what previous tmnt voice actors would you have voice the turtles?

MrTrikey
12-29-2015, 08:54 PM
So out of all the TMNT video games, is this the first one to be based on a comic and not a tv show or movie?

If you don't count the very old DOS game, "Manhattan Missions", which took more cues from the Mirage comic than the 80s series. Or the various TMNT Tournament Fighter games that actually borrowed more from the Archie run.

Even though we will probably get an original cast, what previous tmnt voice actors would you have voice the turtles?

The 2K3/4Kids cast is still easily my favorite of the bunch. Even though they sound a bit old for characters that are supposed to be "15-16", they're still the voices that resonate with me the most.

Ninjinister
12-29-2015, 09:52 PM
If the cover's to be believed, this'll be the first all-new game to have Krang since 1993

TigerClaw
12-29-2015, 10:08 PM
I really hope this new game gets a retail release and not a download only game, the last Platinum Games that was download only was that The Legend of Korra game, it had mixed reviews.

Then the Transformers Devastation was a retail release and got a lot of positive reviews.

So I hope they put a lot of care into this game, and make it the best TMNT ever, many have tried to do TMNT games, but failed at it.

Peanut
12-29-2015, 11:26 PM
Considering the continued silence on this it really seems like it's going to be a hot drop the way Korra was. No build up, no press, slow leaks followed by a "Hey, I guess we're making this thing," announcement, then randomly dropped on digital store fronts without a whisper.

CyberCubed
12-30-2015, 12:46 AM
With this being IDW-based I really hope it raises awareness of the IDW comics and helps more people get into that series. IDW TMNT gives casuals what they want in that all the 80's characters and villains are in it, but they also do a new spin on it and mix it with Mirage, 4kids, and Archie stories too.

IDW TMNT really is shaping up to be one of the best modern takes on the franchise. For the people who are also mixed between the original 80's cartoon, 2k3 cartoon and the Nick cartoon, IDW is like a perfect blend of all 3 combined into one.

Mugic
12-30-2015, 06:13 AM
So um.......do you guys think there's a chance........Alopex could appear in the game? :tcouch:

TheBlueTurtle1
12-30-2015, 07:02 AM
Be nice if it was a Turtle in Time style clone, but with the IDW world.

GoldMutant
12-30-2015, 09:10 AM
Seems like an awesome game is coming up, though I'll keep my expectations a bit low due to how some of the TMNT games have been in recent years. Not to say all are bad, but just a bit uneventful. Given the artwork of IDW looking excellent, this is going to be fun. :)

The only thing I'd hope for though is not a beat em up like the almighty "Turtles in Time", I'd personally like the game to have elements of it but not to a large extent. Maybe a Ninja Gaiden style gameplay wise?

sluggedup226
12-30-2015, 10:18 AM
http://www.metalgearsolid.be/images/kenji-saito-platinum-games-metal-gear-rising-revengeance.jpg

MrTMNT2012
12-30-2015, 11:24 AM
http://www.metalgearsolid.be/images/kenji-saito-platinum-games-metal-gear-rising-revengeance.jpg

Yeah so anyone who says it'll be like Korra can be quiet now.

TurtleTitan97
12-30-2015, 11:25 AM

Care to explain how? Just curious.

CyberCubed
12-30-2015, 11:56 AM
I wonder who they'll cast for the voices.

Powder
12-30-2015, 12:25 PM

How would anyone possibly get that from such an image? :roll:

Ninjinister
12-30-2015, 01:27 PM
Random man dances with an invisible partner in front of monitors with TMNT desktops. This somehow means MiM will be unlike some other game?

Totally makes sense to me.

Mugic
12-30-2015, 02:23 PM
To those confused by the photo, go back a page or two to Maelxich's post...

I wonder who is going to be the director, Kamiya one of the heads at platinum said he was a big TMNT fan and even based one of his characters Viewtiful Joe off the 90s TMNT movie turtles. He also owns turtles in time on the snes.

So yeah i think this game is in good hands.

PangolinFeets
12-30-2015, 02:32 PM
We got art leaks.

OMG YAASSSS. I care so much about this now.

Powder
12-30-2015, 02:47 PM
To those confused by the photo, go back a page or two to Maelxich's post...

(reference to Kamiya)

So yeah i think this game is in good hands.

That's not Kamiya. It's Kenji Saito.

Do all Japanese people look the same to you? :tlol:

CyberCubed
12-30-2015, 02:54 PM
I'm surprised neither Bobby nor Tom Waltz have said anything about this. You think they would promote the game since its based on the IDW comics.

Ninjinister
12-30-2015, 03:01 PM
Even then how many devs that have been fans have made subpar or worse TMNT games? Being a fan doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be good.

I mean I want this to be good. Why wouldn't I? But since the track record hasn't been good, I'm bracing myself for the worst.

Mugic
12-30-2015, 04:08 PM
Even then how many devs that have been fans have made subpar or worse TMNT games? Being a fan doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be good.

I mean I want this to be good. Why wouldn't I? But since the track record hasn't been good, I'm bracing myself for the worst. Instead of judging whether or not MiM will be good by using past TMNT games try using Platinums's track record whose only blemish wasn't really a "bad" game.

MrTrikey
12-30-2015, 04:19 PM

Funny thing about that pic is that it was originally unearthed around the time that Revengeance was being hyped before release. That's going on 2-3 years ago, now. I'd be honestly surprised if they were working on this game for that long. And even more so if Saito was doing double duty on Transformers and this TMNT game, too!

But at the least, Saito has a largely solid resume of games. So I'd trust him being able to do well in both cases.

I'm surprised neither Bobby nor Tom Waltz have said anything about this. You think they would promote the game since its based on the IDW comics.

Probably because they legally can't talk about the game. It's one of the worst kept secrets in gaming by now (Bad Ninja! Ten Flips Now!), but it still has not been OFFICIALLY announced by Activision, yet. Notice how P* hasn't been talking about the game, either, and it's their own product, too!

Until we start seeing the first bit of PR and official shots/trailer, nobody can say anything. But I guess the folks at Activision are still on Holiday break or whatever...

CyberCubed
12-30-2015, 07:32 PM
Look at some of the arrogance going on in this thread, especially the last few pages:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1163685

So much bashing of the various TMNT universes. Ignorance.

Ninjinister
12-30-2015, 08:26 PM
Instead of judging whether or not MiM will be good by using past TMNT games try using Platinums's track record whose only blemish wasn't really a "bad" game.

Can't do that when I have nothing really to compare. Only played MadWorld and that was a'ight but nothing special gameplaywise.

Plus you can't really do that when my favorite developer was WayForward and then Danger of the Ooze was a wet turd.

Powder
12-30-2015, 08:37 PM
Plus you can't really do that when my favorite developer was WayForward and then Danger of the Ooze was a wet turd.

Amen. I've never played a worse game from them. :ohwell:

Leo656
12-30-2015, 09:11 PM
That's not Kamiya. It's Kenji Saito.

Do all Japanese people look the same to you? :tlol:

Yes... :tcouch:

sdp
12-30-2015, 09:52 PM
Wayforward made a TMNT game? it sucked? Both are news to me, sadly the second one kills the first news :lol: Wayforward is one of my favorite developers as well and at least back in the day they used to make great licensed games of crap franchises.

Well isn't Platinum Games formed from ex-Capcom Clover people who was one of the fan's favorite developers at Capcom? And Platinum games are pretty well liked. What makes me think this will be a good game is I think it'll be in the vain of the Transformers game released last year which kind of went under the radar but is apparently a great game. That game was also leaked early, and came out shortly after being announced. I see this game being announced early next year Jan-Feb and coming out May or June. That doesn't mean it'll suck just don't the next big thing but I think all turtle fans will be pleased. You guys are deluding yourselves if you think this will be a fall title. I think it has a chance of being retail and downlodable, unlike Korra this franchise is much bigger but it'll be a bargain release at $40. And even if it's a game like Korra, I've heard a lot of recommendations and how it's a hidden gem. I'd still take a TMNT game that has mixed reviews over all the crap that has been released*

*granted I've not played any of the Activision TMNT games I'm just posting the general consensus.

Look at some of the arrogance going on in this thread, especially the last few pages:

Sadly this is the general consensus pretty much everywhere on TMNT though, people want the OT and anything that is different sucks. We saw these same reactions for 2k3, 2007 film, 2014 film. Hell the only reason the new trailer got such a positive reaction is because it had Rockstead/Beebop from the OT.

Ninjinister
12-30-2015, 10:49 PM
Wayforward made a TMNT game? it sucked? Both are news to me, sadly the second one kills the first news :lol: Wayforward is one of my favorite developers as well and at least back in the day they used to make great licensed games of crap franchises.

They've made two. Battle for the City (http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles:_Battle_for_the_City) was a plug and play that wasn't special, but it was neat. It was pretty good for what it was. I really enjoyed the spritework more than anything, but it wasn't bad overall.

Danger of the Ooze (http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles:_Danger_of_the_Ooze) was a "Metroidvania" that was supposed to lean heavier on the Metroid side, but I feel like it was just a disjointed mess of ideas. It was as if someone who last played a game in the genre a decade ago designed it from wispy memories.

And anyway, I'd still like to reiterate that I, and I'm pretty sure everyone else want this to be good. We've seen literally zero of the game itself though and deets are slowly leaking... so I'd really rather be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be good, than be disappointed if it doesn't.

Leo656
12-30-2015, 10:59 PM
Danger of the Ooze (http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles:_Danger_of_the_Ooze) was a "Metroidvania" that was supposed to lean heavier on the Metroid side, but I feel like it was just a disjointed mess of ideas. It was as if someone who last played a game in the genre a decade ago designed it from wispy memories.

Having played and beaten it like two weeks ago, I think it's kind of the most boring TMNT game I've ever played. Like, it was colorful, and the graphics were pretty good, and it reminded me in some ways of the original NES game, and it functioned well, for the most part. But the lack of variety in environments and enemy types made all the exploring and backtracking more like a chore than a fun experience. You're mostly fighting the same enemies at the end that you are in the beginning, so other than opening previously-locked doors that end up looping back into places you've already been to, providing little else but a shortcut, there's no real feeling of progress. Some of the advance points were hard to make out, too; I triggered a few by accident, simply by jumping Up in a room I had no idea otherwise how to advance through, and it just so happened there was an invisible upward door in that exact spot. And since the game world is so needlessly expansive - although I appreciate how they tried to give the game a sense of grand scale despite its small characters - losing a Turtle and having to go rescue him is needlessly frustrating. I almost always just restarted from the last Checkpoint, rather than waste an entire hour backtracking across the entire goddamn game.

It had its moments but for such a short game, most of it felt like a grind. People knock the 2K3 games but they were better than that one, at least the first one was. I wouldn't say it's bad but there's not a lot to it at all and it's boring.

Coola Yagami
01-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Having played and beaten it like two weeks ago, I think it's kind of the most boring TMNT game I've ever played. Like, it was colorful, and the graphics were pretty good, and it reminded me in some ways of the original NES game, and it functioned well, for the most part. But the lack of variety in environments and enemy types made all the exploring and backtracking more like a chore than a fun experience. You're mostly fighting the same enemies at the end that you are in the beginning, so other than opening previously-locked doors that end up looping back into places you've already been to, providing little else but a shortcut, there's no real feeling of progress. Some of the advance points were hard to make out, too; I triggered a few by accident, simply by jumping Up in a room I had no idea otherwise how to advance through, and it just so happened there was an invisible upward door in that exact spot. And since the game world is so needlessly expansive - although I appreciate how they tried to give the game a sense of grand scale despite its small characters - losing a Turtle and having to go rescue him is needlessly frustrating. I almost always just restarted from the last Checkpoint, rather than waste an entire hour backtracking across the entire goddamn game.

It had its moments but for such a short game, most of it felt like a grind. People knock the 2K3 games but they were better than that one, at least the first one was. I wouldn't say it's bad but there's not a lot to it at all and it's boring.

Exactly my thoughts. I wanted to enjoy it because it was more fun and entertaining than the first Nick TMNT game, but in the end having to practically start all over whenever you lose all your turtles no matter how far you got into the game was just too damn frustrating. I know the game had checkpoints, but it seemed whenever you continue it throws you into some random part of the game which had you basically go through the whole game just to find exactly where you were when you originally died.

I have no faith until the game is out. Every company that has stepped forward for a new TMNT game has failed, regardless of who it was or how big a fan the developer was or blah the **** blah. WayForward was the final straw. Will believe it when I see it.

slingtheory
01-01-2016, 11:57 AM
I have no faith until the game is out. Every company that has stepped forward for a new TMNT game has failed, regardless of who it was or how big a fan the developer was or blah the **** blah. WayForward was the final straw. Will believe it when I see it.
I don't know about failed exactly. It's not like the recent games are unplayable messes or anything. They're just kind of forgettable or easily ignored by everybody. Which is frustrating as hell because you can see the developers had some good ideas they just dropped the ball in execution. I feel the same as you though. I want this the be the arkham asylum of tmnt games but I refuse to get my hopes up. The last time I did it turned out the game was a mobile download based on those platnum dunes monsters. I'm not putting myself though that again.
Sadly this is the general consensus pretty much everywhere on TMNT though, people want the OT and anything that is different sucks. We saw these same reactions for 2k3, 2007 film, 2014 film. Hell the only reason the new trailer got such a positive reaction is because it had Rockstead/Beebop from the OT. this is the main reason why I think an idw game might be the best way to go. You'll get a more mature story for the older fans while at the same time all the folks in it for the nostalgia can get all the old characters they want to see. It's like the perfect middle ground.

TigerClaw
01-01-2016, 12:11 PM
I don't know about failed exactly. It's not like the recent games are unplayable messes or anything. They're just kind of forgettable or easily ignored by everybody. Which is frustrating as hell because you can see the developers had some good ideas they just dropped the ball in execution. I feel the same as you though. I want this the be the arkham asylum of tmnt games but I refuse to get my hopes up. The last time I did it turned out the game was a mobile download based on those platnum dunes monsters. I'm not putting myself though that again.
this is the main reason why I think an idw game might be the best way to go. You'll get a more mature story for the older fans while at the same time all the folks in it for the nostalgia can get all the old characters they want to see. It's like the perfect middle ground.
Part of the problem is the recent games were based on the Nick series and not much thought was put into the games.

a new game based on the IDW comics will most likely get a better reception, since the previous games were too kidified.

Given how there's little info about this new game, I wouldn't be surprise if it turns out to be a download only game.

slingtheory
01-01-2016, 03:03 PM
Man I hope not. Hopefully Activision learned thier lesson from out of the shadows. You put in the time and the money you get the sells

Leo656
01-01-2016, 05:20 PM
As far as "the Arkham of TMNT games", I'm almost positive that "Out of the Shadows" is as good as it's ever going to get. I know some people loved it and some hated it, but it's probably the closest to that kind of TMNT game we're ever going to see, as far as scale and execution.

It's a kids' property. They're never going to put AAA time, money, or effort into a kids' game. As much as I wasn't satisfied with Danger of the Ooze, it was also pretty much exactly what I was expecting. That's about how low the bar is, now.

I expect this new one will be a vast improvement over other recent games - at least I hope - but I'll settle for something that isn't boring, frustrating, or overly-repetitive. I'm not expecting to have my mind blown, as it is I'm already happy it's not another Nick game. That's a good start.

slingtheory
01-01-2016, 08:31 PM
I don't know leo maybe we'll get lucky this time. With the last couple of games being nick based and aimed at kids and performing the way they did maybe Activision is getting the picture that there's money to be made in aiming at the older fan base. If they can do it for the transformers why not tmnt.

Harukuro
01-02-2016, 07:22 AM
I was hoping this game would be based on the IDW 'verse, so I'm glad to see this is the case! I recall Tom Waltz mentioning in a recent interview that he finished working on a script for a video game (probably this one) so even if the gameplay is *meh* hopefully the story will be up to the high quality that the comics have. :tcool:

slingtheory
01-02-2016, 09:28 AM
I was hoping this game would be based on the IDW 'verse, so I'm glad to see this is the case! I recall Tom Waltz mentioning in a recent interview that he finished working on a script for a video game (probably this one) so even if the gameplay is *meh* hopefully the story will be up to the high quality that the comics have. :tcool: do you remember when that interview came out because I've been looking around online for for it but all I keep finding is the one from a few years back where it turned out he was talking about the mobile game

Harukuro
01-02-2016, 01:23 PM
do you remember when that interview came out because I've been looking around online for for it but all I keep finding is the one from a few years back where it turned out he was talking about the mobile game

From the "Down and Nerdy" podcast late last year (https://soundcloud.com/down-and-nerdy-podcast/episode-85-an-interview-with-tom-waltz-of-idws-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles). It's been a while since I heard it, but I think he starts talking about it near the end of the interview.

Coola Yagami
01-03-2016, 12:52 AM
Out of the Shadows wasn't exactly aimed for the kiddy Nick crowd... still kinda sucked.

Leo656
01-03-2016, 05:43 AM
Treated me fine. Been a while though but I had fun with it. I could never meet most of the critics halfway on it because it seemed most of the criticism was about bugs I never experienced. There's not a lot to it and it's kind of easy, but it's a good try at making TMNT work as a 3D action brawler. The switching on the fly between all four Turtles was clunky but worked pretty well on the whole, considering that's not something you see happen a lot in the games they ripped off. Points for trying and all that, they had a lot of good ideas.

I'm like no, it's not perfect, but it's miles ahead of any other modern TMNT games and all the problems with it are things that can only be solved by more time and more money, and frankly, no TMNT game is going to get a huge budget and a development timetable of "take your time and get it right", that simply isn't going to happen. They're always going to be budget titles made in a panic. That said, it's a miracle OotS is as good as it is.

I know I'm all about "people need higher standards" but I'm also a realist. With something like a TMNT game, people do need to adopt a certain lowering of standards or simply not bother with the games. They'll never legitimately do the "Arkham" of TMNT games. That was OotS, people can take that or not but it's as close as it's ever going to get to what a lot of them say they want.

Meanwhile, this new one looks pretty good, but I have to wonder already how people are going to receive it. Just because people always seem to have their hopes up way too high for a TMNT game and then get cranky when it doesn't meet expectations. Frankly, even Danger of the Ooze exceeded my expectations because I go into most new TMNT games expecting them to suck and it's their job to prove otherwise. :lol:
---------------------------

One thing I was pondering that's kind of silly, but I wonder if the new game will use alternate TMNT skins besides the IDW ones. Just because A, too many people online saying "It's not the 80s Turtles? PASS", and B, lots of comic book games are doing that lately and it just adds a little something extra. I don't honestly think they will, but it couldn't hurt. You get to play the game for a couple more hours to unlock skins and the crybabies who only like 80s TMNT can play as them if they want, everybody wins. They probably won't or maybe even can't do it but it would be neat if they did. I mean it makes sense, y'know?

RaphaelinSTL
01-03-2016, 02:17 PM
Shoot, not really a fan of Santolouco's art on the Turtles so here's hoping it comes with some pre-order skins. Would love to have Dan Duncan and especially the old school Eastman/Laird design.

turtlefanforever
01-03-2016, 02:55 PM
Any word on release date?

Powder
01-03-2016, 05:05 PM
Nope, this thing hasn't even been officially announced yet. :trazz:

MrTrikey
01-03-2016, 11:04 PM
I know I'm all about "people need higher standards" but I'm also a realist. With something like a TMNT game, people do need to adopt a certain lowering of standards or simply not bother with the games. They'll never legitimately do the "Arkham" of TMNT games. That was OotS, people can take that or not but it's as close as it's ever going to get to what a lot of them say they want.

Meanwhile, this new one looks pretty good, but I have to wonder already how people are going to receive it. Just because people always seem to have their hopes up way too high for a TMNT game and then get cranky when it doesn't meet expectations. Frankly, even Danger of the Ooze exceeded my expectations because I go into most new TMNT games expecting them to suck and it's their job to prove otherwise. :lol:

You have a point, but I think it says a lot that TMNT USED to be a brand that were synonymous with what were considered good, if not great games, which is where the "higher standards" stem from. But a decade filled with lackluster Konami entrants, so-so Ubi efforts and borderline terrible Activision shovelware has all but alienated the goodwill the brand used to enjoy in that entertainment medium.

P* being attached to this game is why most people are even bothering to keep this game on their radar, let alone that this is the first time in quite a while that a TMNT game has generated enough buzz to make the rounds on the likes of mainstream gaming websites and/or not immediately be slammed with "And WTF is this?". And to think, this is with the game not even being officially announced yet (Activision, where you at?).

So, needless to say, I can understand that expectations are a bit high. And if they can deliver a game that meets or beats the kind of quality that went into TF: Dev, I think it'll go a long way to help establish TMNT getting their street cred back in the gaming sphere...which is likely why Activision wanted P* on a TMNT game, in the first place.

One thing I was pondering that's kind of silly, but I wonder if the new game will use alternate TMNT skins besides the IDW ones. Just because A, too many people online saying "It's not the 80s Turtles? PASS", and B, lots of comic book games are doing that lately and it just adds a little something extra. I don't honestly think they will, but it couldn't hurt. You get to play the game for a couple more hours to unlock skins and the crybabies who only like 80s TMNT can play as them if they want, everybody wins. They probably won't or maybe even can't do it but it would be neat if they did. I mean it makes sense, y'know?

I wouldn't mind it, but I guess it would depend on just how much time and content they'd be able to generate for such a game. Multiple skins should, ideally imo, be the kind of thing they'd only bother with if they really have a) done everything they could otherwise for the main game and thus, b) be able to go wild with it.

Having only a grand total of three extra skins for TF: Dev was a downer. And of course, they were preorder DLC that you'd otherwise have to pay for.

I'm also a bit salty that Activision never honored my preorder and sent me my DLC code, but that's another thing altogether...

Powder
01-03-2016, 11:25 PM
I wouldn't say I have high expectations, but I do think it'll be better than what we've gotten from Activision since they got the license (or at the least be as good as OOTS minus the game-breaking glitches & challenged AI).

AquaParade
01-04-2016, 12:13 AM
I'm actually expecting this to be good.

Dangerous thinking when it comes to a tmnt game, but this company knows how to make great use of a license.

Sumac
01-04-2016, 07:21 AM
Achievements for the XBone (http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-mutants-in-manhattan/achievements/).
It confirms Karai, Bebop and Rocksteady, Slash, Wingnut, Stone Warriors and some "Mega Krang", as well as "Krangdroids", being in the game.
Also, there is a secret boss, TCRI building and online mode.

LOL@
Defeat Rocksteady and Bebop by letting them get run over by a train

MrTrikey
01-04-2016, 08:05 AM
Achievements for the XBone (http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-mutants-in-manhattan/achievements/).
It confirms Karai, Bebop and Rocksteady, Slash, Wingnut, Stone Warriors and some "Mega Krang", as well as "Krangdroids", being in the game.

LOL@

Hopefully, this cheevo list will put some people at ease. It sounds like it at least has a psuedo-openworld with some traversal/stealth elements in the mix, plus has online co-op and some type of real-time switching with the turtles. Not to mention it sounds like it has the kind of robust combat/movement engine you'd expect from a P* game, if you could literally find a way to stay off the ground for a mile.

It really doesn't sound like a Korra/cheap downloadable thing, at all.

TigerClaw
01-04-2016, 10:14 AM

LOL@

So Wingnut is in the game? Has he appeared in the IDW comics before? I only remember him from the Archies series comics, and he appeared in 1 episode of the original series.

Here's the list of all the Achievements.

White Belt 5
Complete the Tutorial

Nice to meet you! 5
Play online at least once

The End? 15
Complete Easy or Normal mode

Wear it with Pride 15
Equip at least one Emblem to your profile

Collector 20
Obtain 25% of all Collectibles

Enthusiast 30
Obtain 50% of all Collectibles

Maniac 90
Obtain all Collectibles

The Green Way 15
Traverse a total of 32 miles

North Hampton 30
Traverse a total of 150 miles

Tinkerer 10
Dismantle Charms 30 times

637 IQ 10
Upgrade 30 Charm Effects

Everybody Loves Explosions 30
Detonate 100 drum cans (including proximity mines)

Bomb Squad 15
Disarm 30 time bombs

Gold Rush 15
Transport gold bars 30 times

For a Rainy Day 15
Transport 30 bags of money

Detoxicator 15
Transport 10 Chemical Weapons to a Portal

No Respect for Machinery 15
Destroy 30 cameras and laser devices containers

Utrom Buster 15
Transport 30 Krang Bombs to a portal

Virtuous Vigilante 15
Protect 30 ATM machines

Pie Protector 15
Protect 10 Pizza Trucks

Red means Stop 15
Destroy a rampaging car with a drum can

Hype Training 30
Collect 10,000 Training Points

When Turtles Fly 15
Traverse 1 mile in the Residential Area without touching the ground

Look out Below! 15
Destroy a helicopter

Let There be Light 15
Activate the ceiling switch during the battle with Slash

On Top of Things 15
Climb to the highest point in Karai's stage and do a little dance

Soooooaaaaap 15
Have all Turtles turn into zombies simultaneously by touching contaminated water

Night Vision 15
Defeat 10 Stone Warriors with turrets in Wingnut's stage

Explorer 15
Find the secret room in the TCRI building

Hard Hitter 15
Defeat the 4 Krangdroids with your conventional weapons in Mega Krang's stage

Goin' Up! 30
Survive the elevator section at the TCRI building without taking any damage

BOOM! 15
Defeat 5 enemies with 1 drum can

One Month's Dinner 30
Eat 100 pizzas

Double K.O. 5
Enter the Pizza Room during the snapshots when a boss is defeated

Pizza Poser 15
Eat a pizza during the snapshots when a boss is defeated

Sorry not Sorry 90
Have everyone perform a Communication Action during the snapshots when a boss is defeated

Hit Fast, Hit Hard 15
Defeat 5 enemies with both Turbo Mode and Berserk activated

Turtle Power! 15
Use Turtle Switching to defeat 1 enemy with all 4 Turtles

Traitor in their midst 15
Defeat 5 enemies at once by blowing up a Foot Soldier carrying a bomb bag

Out of this World 15
Experience all of the Krang UFOs' status effects

Party Crasher 30
Defeat a Secret Boss

Group Hug 5
Use a Combo Attack to defeat 6 enemies at once

Grind the Grind 5
Grind rails for 300 feet

Bodyguard 15
Complete a gold bar mission without the carrier being hit even once

Stealth Master 30
Complete a stage without being spotted once (outside of Missions)

Eavesdropper 5
Hang out outside of an enemy hideout for at least 10 seconds

I Like the Green One 15
Use any character at least 50 times

Secret Achievements

Veteran 30
Complete Hard mode

Showoff 30
Have Mikey do his co-op move finishing pose during the snapshots when a boss is defeated

Next time, take a cab 30
Defeat Rocksteady and Bebop by letting them get run over by a train

Powder
01-04-2016, 05:08 PM
WINGF**KINGNUT?! YOOOOOOOOOOO. That's sick! & no, TC, he has not yet appeared in IDW's comics, neither have Mega Krang or Krangdroids. Spoilerific! Maybe this is just inspired by IDW rather than being wholly based on its existing material. Either way, the hype is ever increasing!

TigerClaw
01-04-2016, 05:15 PM
WINGF**KINGNUT?! YOOOOOOOOOOO. That's sick! & no, TC, he has not yet appeared in IDW's comics, neither have Mega Krang or Krangdroids. Spoilerific! Maybe this is just inspired by IDW rather than being wholly based on its existing material. Either way, the hype is ever increasing!
Yeah I could see them using the art style from IDW, and the game being loosely based on the 80s cartoon.

I wonder which version of Shredder are they gonna use, the 80s version or the IDW version?

Powder
01-04-2016, 05:17 PM
I'd assume most if not all of the designs will come from IDW, given the turtle models & promo art match Santolouco's style (fitting, giving he's the one who drew it :tlol:).

TigerClaw
01-04-2016, 05:20 PM
I'd assume most if not all of the designs will come from IDW, given the turtle models & promo art match Santolouco's style (fitting, giving he's the one who drew it :tlol:).
I wouldn't be surprise if it's the IDW Shredder, but acting like the 80s version.

Powder
01-04-2016, 05:22 PM
To be fair, he has had a lot of FW styled dialogue in the series. Typical supervillain monologues & whatnot. :tlol: I don't think the incompetence & goofiness would carry over though, this seems to be aimed at an older audience.

sluggedup226
01-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Yeah I could see them using the art style from IDW, and the game being loosely based on the 80s cartoon.

I wonder which version of Shredder are they gonna use, the 80s version or the IDW version?

It will be the IDW version based on the cover art.

slingtheory
01-04-2016, 07:38 PM
I don't know. That cover art definitely looks idw styled but the krangdroids and mega krang almost sound like something out of the Nick show. I'm starting to think maybe this might be it's own thing and santolouco was just involved in the character design. Which wouldn't be a bad thing but I was really hoping that alopex and hob would be involved and get voice actors and all that. But hey sounds like it might be somewhat open world and if that's true that would be awesome. I'm cautiously getting hyped for this

Allio
01-04-2016, 08:18 PM
granted the krangdroids might be more something along the line of IDW's version of the Utrominators mayhaps even something akin to a videogame only story.

Leo656
01-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Interesting.

PangolinFeets
01-04-2016, 09:45 PM
Hype decreased. I was hoping for a pure IDW game. =/

Cryomancer
01-04-2016, 09:52 PM
4 Krangdroids, maybe they're just MechaTurtles or something like that.

turtlefanforever
01-05-2016, 07:01 AM
This games finally got some heat to it. I'm getting excited.

Sumac
01-05-2016, 07:10 AM
I hope it comes with different (unlockable) skins for the Turtles based on different series. And I hope they are not payable DLC.

CyberCubed
01-05-2016, 12:16 PM
I wonder if Wingnut will appear in either IDW or the cartoon later this year.

sluggedup226
01-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Another rating for the game has been released from a Taiwan rating site and its listed as a RPG genre!

http://www.gamerating.org.tw/search_product.php?id=514a70448c235ccb8b6842ef5e02 ad3b

Product Name (Chinese): Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
Product Name (Original): Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
Maker: Activision (Europe)
Publisher: Activision (Europe)
Distributor: Activision (Europe)
Listing Date: Not listed
Game Platform: XboxOne
Game Rating: 12 Auxiliary
Game plot: Violence
Genre: RPG
Official website: https://www.activision.com/
The third unit has passed the notary certification, Unit Name: ESRB

RaphaelinSTL
01-05-2016, 03:33 PM
I hope it comes with different (unlockable) skins for the Turtles based on different series. And I hope they are not payable DLC.

If they were to ever make 1990 TMNT skins, I would lose my mind. :teek:

The Deadman
01-05-2016, 07:09 PM
Whatever happened to Rocksteady Studios making that rumored TMNT game in the style of the Arkham series?

AquaParade
01-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Whatever happened to Rocksteady Studios making that rumored TMNT game in the style of the Arkham series?

It was nothing but a rumor.

Allio
01-05-2016, 10:16 PM

I feel sorry for Nostalgia fans...they will never feel experience TMNT at it's most maximum potential like Soul's Winter.

Maelxich
01-06-2016, 03:41 AM
I am wondering when will they announce it, is there any even soon that they can official announce it at or are they going to save it for San Diego comic con?

Even Korra got an announcement at a big event being SDCC 2014 if I remember correctly.

Sumac
01-06-2016, 07:15 AM
RPG, huh?
If we go by that, than it confirms that the game is most likely "an open-world with RPG elements".

Powder
01-06-2016, 07:40 AM
Works for me. That achievement page paints quite an intriguing picture. I'm pretty hyped for this, I hope it doesn't let me down.

tmnt transformer
01-06-2016, 07:46 AM
An RPG eh? I wouldn't mind a Xenoblade style tmnt game...

Raph
01-06-2016, 07:53 AM
Works for me. That achievement page paints quite an intriguing picture. I'm pretty hyped for this, I hope it doesn't let me down.

Me too! Looks to be a promising game. Judging from the achievements it could be kinda open world-ish with all the distance you can walk.

Can't wait!!

The Deadman
01-06-2016, 08:42 AM
It was nothing but a rumor.

Shame, that could of been a decent game to play.

Redeemer
01-07-2016, 07:46 PM
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but here .......
http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-mutants-in-manhattan/achievements/

Cyndaquilfan123
01-10-2016, 10:12 AM
I hope there's a Wii U version...

Powder
01-10-2016, 05:32 PM
There won't be, unfortunately.

MikeandRaph87
01-10-2016, 06:18 PM
Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, and....Wingnut? The Technodrome gang connected like in the 1987 cartoon and TMNTA or in alignment as seen in IDW? Where does the original Mutanimals member fit in? Slash involved as an anti-hero or dimwitted villain?am interested in seeing where this is going.

CyberCubed
01-11-2016, 12:11 PM
I doubt there will be much of a "story" involved in this. Just the Turtles fighting against established enemies in a generic plot.

MrTrikey
01-11-2016, 04:33 PM
I doubt there will be much of a "story" involved in this. Just the Turtles fighting against established enemies in a generic plot.

I dunno. The fact that they apparently bothered to get Waltz on board for writing says to me that we may be in for something a bit more unique than just a typical throw-away story.

It could be like Transformers Devastation: a pretty straight forward yarn that still has plenty of throwbacks to its source canon, and even still ties into the main plot in some way. Or failing that, now that we know that "Deviations" are a thing for the IDW Turtles, maybe the game could slide into that type of role.

The main thing I'm interested in seeing about is how this game will handle in-game lore entries. Judging by how well P*'s games usually are at this, it may be a great way to get more factoids of these characters and their world that haven't been disseminated from the comic alone.

Powder
01-11-2016, 04:39 PM
For what it's worth, he was penned to do the Bayturtles game too, & there wasn't all that much story going on there from what I read.

MrTrikey
01-11-2016, 04:48 PM
For what it's worth, he was penned to do the Bayturtles game too, & there wasn't all that much story going on there from what I read.

The mobile game, right?

Cuz I don't remember seeing his name attached to the 3DS game.

syk_skillz
01-15-2016, 07:09 AM
Is this also gonna be on PS4?

CyberCubed
01-15-2016, 11:52 AM
Yes, of course.

slingtheory
01-15-2016, 12:37 PM
So why do you guys think they haven't announced this yet

Krutch
01-15-2016, 12:48 PM
Maybe wait until close to the new movies release date to start the hype train? Dunno :/

Coola Yagami
01-15-2016, 03:37 PM
Kinda dont care until i actually get to see it. Just been burned too many times no matter what company takes the helm. At this point even capcom can make a TMNT vs Street Fighter and still manage to **** it up.

sdp
01-15-2016, 09:29 PM
http://images.purexbox.com/news/2016/01/exclusive_screens_activision_and_platinums_cel-shaded_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_mutants_in_man hattan_pictured/attachment/5/original.jpg
http://images.purexbox.com/news/2016/01/exclusive_screens_activision_and_platinums_cel-shaded_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_mutants_in_man hattan_pictured/attachment/2/original.jpg
http://images.purexbox.com/news/2016/01/exclusive_screens_activision_and_platinums_cel-shaded_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_mutants_in_man hattan_pictured/attachment/3/original.jpg
http://images.purexbox.com/news/2016/01/exclusive_screens_activision_and_platinums_cel-shaded_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_mutants_in_man hattan_pictured/attachment/4/original.jpg
http://images.purexbox.com/news/2016/01/exclusive_screens_activision_and_platinums_cel-shaded_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_mutants_in_man hattan_pictured/attachment/1/original.jpg

I'm not a fan of the IDW designs, the graphics look great, too bad about the character models though.

TigerClaw
01-15-2016, 09:32 PM
http://images.purexbox.com/news/2016/01/exclusive_screens_activision_and_platinums_cel-shaded_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_mutants_in_man hattan_pictured/attachment/5/original.jpg
http://images.purexbox.com/news/2016/01/exclusive_screens_activision_and_platinums_cel-shaded_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_mutants_in_man hattan_pictured/attachment/2/original.jpg
http://images.purexbox.com/news/2016/01/exclusive_screens_activision_and_platinums_cel-shaded_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_mutants_in_man hattan_pictured/attachment/3/original.jpg
http://images.purexbox.com/news/2016/01/exclusive_screens_activision_and_platinums_cel-shaded_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_mutants_in_man hattan_pictured/attachment/4/original.jpg
http://images.purexbox.com/news/2016/01/exclusive_screens_activision_and_platinums_cel-shaded_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_mutants_in_man hattan_pictured/attachment/1/original.jpg

I'm not a fan of the IDW designs, the graphics look great, too bad about the character models though.
Wow, These look great.

Ninjinister
01-15-2016, 09:45 PM
too bad about the character models though.

There's nothing wrong with the character models....

TigerClaw
01-15-2016, 09:46 PM
There's nothing wrong with the character models....
Yeah the models look right out of the IDW comics, these look fantastic.

Leo656
01-15-2016, 09:50 PM
I dig that.

Anything but Nick and Bayturtles. Yuck and Double-Yuck. This is like a godsend.

To clarify, there's nothing really wrong with the Nick designs, but it's far from my favorite version, I'm sick of seeing it, and the games based on it have been lackluster. So the more distance between that and this, the better.

Ninjinister
01-15-2016, 10:13 PM
Yeah the models look right out of the IDW comics, these look fantastic.

Yeah, even if someone does not like the design there's nothing wrong with the models.