PDA

View Full Version : [Question] What does it take for someone to be actually banned here

turtlefanforever
12-02-2015, 01:56 PM
I've read the forum rules but there are people breaking them here constantly and i never see anyone get banned.

What does it actually take for someone to be banned?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-02-2015, 02:02 PM
I've wondered the exact same thing...

It could just be that a lot of people have pictures/videos of mods and admins in compromising situations. :trazz:

(Hope THAT'S not enough to get me banned. The joke, I mean, not the actual committing of such blackmail.)

pennydreadful
12-02-2015, 03:54 PM
I'm fairly certain that a poster's overall behavior on the forums is taken into account when the mods are issuing bans. Having multiple accounts is perma-ban material; I imagine temp bans are up to the mods' discretion. *shrugs*

Leo656
12-02-2015, 08:30 PM
The Gods Have Abandoned This Place.

Frankly... I say go with it. "Freedom" is simply an existence with no consequences. The Wild West was by far the greatest time and place in the entirety of human history, because all "laws" were suggestions, authority figures were nothing but corrupt bureaucrats who were either completely impotent or completely bought and paid for, and most importantly, you could shoot a guy dead in the face just for pissing you off, and if you had enough friends nobody would say a word about it. Those with both initiative and intelligence thrived and survived, while the weak were killed off or plain left to rot.

I've always been very, very sad that we as a society got away from that.

So, we're in the TMNT Forum equivalent of the Wild West. I'm fine with that.

"Do as thou wilt."

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-02-2015, 08:48 PM

Frankly... I say go with it. "Freedom" is simply an existence with no consequences. The Wild West was by far the greatest time and place in the entirety of human history, because all "laws" were suggestions, authority figures were nothing but corrupt bureaucrats who were either completely impotent or completely bought and paid for, and most importantly, you could shoot a guy dead in the face just for pissing you off, and if you had enough friends nobody would say a word about it. Those with both initiative and intelligence thrived and survived, while the weak were killed off or plain left to rot.

I've always been very, very sad that we as a society got away from that.

So, we're in the TMNT Forum equivalent of the Wild West. I'm fine with that.

"Do as thou wilt."

Sometimes I wish I lived back then. But then I remember outhouses and the lack of air conditioning.

Commenter 42
12-02-2015, 08:49 PM

Frankly... I say go with it. "Freedom" is simply an existence with no consequences.

"Do as thou wilt."

This is how it should be. This is how it should always be.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/fart.jpg

Leo656
12-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Like that time the one guy asked me why I had a Speed Racer tattoo so I slit his throat and dumped him in a shallow grave next to an IHOP.

I mean c'mon. That's a really stupid thing to ask someone. I mean if you don't already know the answer, well... consequences. :tgrin:

snake
12-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Honestly who knows anymore

pennydreadful
12-03-2015, 02:40 AM
I think of this place more like Deadwood - we've got a sheriff for the major crimes but they don't step in for barroom brawls. To be sure, every once in a while someone will get shot in the face, but their body usually just gets fed to the pigs and we all carry on and pretend it never happened. :lol:

http://www.exhibit5a.com/images/blog/deadwood_drinking_game.jpg

CyberCubed
12-03-2015, 11:42 AM
The only person I saw banned recently is SuperGoku's alternate accounts for constantly coming back.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-03-2015, 11:45 AM
I think of this place more like Deadwood - we've got a sheriff for the major crimes but they don't step in for barroom brawls. To be sure, every once in a while someone will get shot in the face, but their body usually just gets fed to the pigs and we all carry on and pretend it never happened. :lol:

http://www.exhibit5a.com/images/blog/deadwood_drinking_game.jpg

Dammit, now I'm a cannibal by proxy. I thought those pigs were getting awfully big...

Netkeeper
12-03-2015, 12:49 PM
The only person I saw banned recently is SuperGoku's alternate accounts for constantly coming back.
And Davetello.

Machias Banshee
12-03-2015, 07:55 PM
Oh, the mods aren't gone.... we're just waiting in the wings. :evilgrin:

I don't get on here much due to my job, as I'm sure it's the same for the others. But we still get the reported posts and come deal with things as needed.

We don't want Wild West nonsense here, but we're not going to chokehold this place. As long as people are decent to each other, I see no issues.

Except Leo... he's always a pain in the butt. :P :D

Leo656
12-04-2015, 12:10 AM
I please to aim.

ToTheNines
12-04-2015, 05:28 PM
But we still get the reported posts and come deal with things as needed.

Well that's downright fascinating. I've reported some egregious-ass posts over that past year or so, and to my knowledge, nothing is ever done about them.

Leo656
12-04-2015, 08:02 PM
They're probably just backlogged. I know for a fact I get reported by some nerd or other about 75 times a day, so once they sift through all that nonsense who has the time or the energy to deal with anything else? I sympathize.

ToTheNines
12-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Not that I've reported you, but just wondering, are you contacted via PM by mods or anything like that?

Leo656
12-04-2015, 08:36 PM
As in ever in my life? Sure. As in regularly, no, almost never. I think maybe 5 times, ever.

I would probably get more grief, but I know exactly how long my leash is, therefore nobody ever has to yank it. The few times I was contacted I absolutely knew it was coming because in the moment I said whatever I said to warrant it, I wasn't in a point of caring about the consequences. Usually I'll actually reach out to them first if I think I've over-stepped.

There's a lot of mutual understanding. They understand that I have nothing but the lowest contempt for any and all figureheads of "authority", and I understand I have to nonetheless try and set an example because I'm one of the "Locker Room Leaders" around here, so I willingly comply with the helpful suggestions that they label as "Rules" because I genuinely like them as people and don't want to willingly pile on to everything they already deal with.

turtlefanforever
12-05-2015, 04:11 PM
Well that's downright fascinating. I've reported some egregious-ass posts over that past year or so, and to my knowledge, nothing is ever done about them.

Same here.

Netkeeper
12-05-2015, 04:39 PM
I believe most reports I've given have been properly dealt with. Sometimes they are rather late, but the mods do their job frequently.

Klunk1234
12-10-2015, 07:13 AM
Somebody was banned for his comments recently, but he is back. He only received a temporary ban. So he has been warned, if he does it again, he will kick out from the forum permanently.

Jester explained to me those rules few months ago.

Jephael
01-02-2016, 08:22 PM
I kinda wish the mods would be a little more talkative and interact with us more. It doesn't sit right with me that they aren't as involved in the forum as the rest of us.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-02-2016, 10:45 PM
I kinda wish the mods would be a little more talkative and interact with us more. It doesn't sit right with me that they aren't as involved in the forum as the rest of us.

I think they see all we say and everything we do, and want as little as possible to do with us. :tlol: Do not test the 'Drome gods on Mount Olympus, lest they strike us down with holy fire. :teek:

But yeah, I get what you're saying. What little I've interacted with them, they all seem like pretty great people.

Amaranthus
01-03-2016, 06:39 AM
I wonder how many times I've been reported. :lol:

Machias Banshee
01-03-2016, 04:39 PM
I think they see all we say and everything we do, and want as little as possible to do with us. :tlol: Do not test the 'Drome gods on Mount Olympus, lest they strike us down with holy fire. :teek:

But yeah, I get what you're saying. What little I've interacted with them, they all seem like pretty great people.

I know I personally don't have time to do much socializing. I'll get post reports, check the threads, and mostly just lurk about and make sure everything's alright.

I was a lot more active back when I was in college (so many years ago!), as was Jester, Kali, HT, and others... but a lot of the members from back then have moved on to more job/family responsibilities. Considering the fact we're older than 70% of the drome's active population now... :P

Netkeeper
01-04-2016, 05:34 PM
I know I personally don't have time to do much socializing. I'll get post reports, check the threads, and mostly just lurk about and make sure everything's alright.

I was a lot more active back when I was in college (so many years ago!), as was Jester, Kali, HT, and others... but a lot of the members from back then have moved on to more job/family responsibilities. Considering the fact we're older than 70% of the drome's active population now... :P
Have you and the other moderators discussed the possibility of promoting a new mod or two? I'm sure it's at least crossed your minds.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-04-2016, 05:46 PM
Have you and the other moderators discussed the possibility of promoting a new mod or two? I'm sure it's at least crossed your minds.

Too many assholes in the gene pool, and not enough nice people.

Leo656
01-04-2016, 08:19 PM
I pitched a few names in the hat over the past year, but none of the suggested people have been empowered, so either my suggestions aren't good enough or they weren't taken seriously enough to be considered.

Was worth a shot.

Jephael
01-06-2016, 12:44 AM
I pitched a few names in the hat over the past year, but none of the suggested people have been empowered, so either my suggestions aren't good enough or they weren't taken seriously enough to be considered.

Was worth a shot.

I would definitely nominate you as a new mod!!!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-06-2016, 07:44 AM
I would definitely nominate you as a new mod!!!

And no one in power would accept him. Sad but true.

Powder
01-06-2016, 07:46 AM
Noooooooooooooo.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-06-2016, 07:50 AM
Noooooooooooooo.

I think it's basically at the point where everybody would be good as a mod is too outspoken and "real" to be accepted, because they're divisive.

It's like being a manager; it's hard to get a good one.

Powder
01-06-2016, 07:51 AM
Quite true. Though there are a few good eggs who play background roles, probably.

CyberCubed
01-06-2016, 11:42 AM
The only person I would have nominated for a mod is Cipher, but he's not around anymore. Now he posts on a DBZ forum exclusively.

DrSpengler too, but he doesn't venture out of the comic section so I doubt he would even want to be a mod.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-06-2016, 11:51 AM
CYBERCUBED FOR MODERATOR!!!

Let's start a campaign. :tlol:

GoldMutant
01-06-2016, 12:59 PM

"Need a thread locked? Choose Commander CyberCubed!"

We really do need more mods, and soon. I think it's time for a new generation to take over the oldies so the old mods can rest. Can give a fresh new beginning, but whatever works. :)

TheSkeletonMan939
01-06-2016, 01:53 PM
I'd vote for Cubed. Seriously.

People make fun of him, and I guess some of it's justified, but ya' gotta love the guy.

plastroncafe
01-06-2016, 03:12 PM
No I really really don't.

MikeandRaph87
01-06-2016, 03:53 PM
I think it's basically at the point where everybody would be good as a mod is too outspoken and "real" to be accepted, because they're divisive.

It's like being a manager; it's hard to get a good one.

Having a profession in the field I view it like an in-house school administrator ( assistant principal/principal). You have to run your building. Take car of financial and schedule matters and be the go between of a teacher and central office (Krang/Shredder). While Krang would take care of the fincial distribution to maintain the site the rest is similar. Despite the other duties of a school administrator what does he/she deal with more than anything? Managing discipline of unruly school children. They have to take it case by case and cannot express favoritism and go by a combination of personal judgment and school policy in every situation. He/she can not have conscience and unconscious bias on certain ones that get under their skin. Their hands are tied by even higher ups in what discupline they can do. They have to work within that restraints to hope person x will learn from the situation and not become an usual suspect. If a justified sentence is carried out and the person actually learns from it all will be the better for it.

Electric
01-06-2016, 09:37 PM
Cubed as a mod would be interesting to say the least

Mew
01-07-2016, 04:55 AM
Cyber■4Mød2Ø16.

Etsyturtle2
01-07-2016, 04:59 AM
Cyber¡á4M©ªd2¨ª16.

What.
The fu*k

Peanut
01-07-2016, 07:04 AM
I would be a mod again, if only because I know so many people get a lot of grief in the TMNT section and I'm so far removed from that at this point I feel like I could do it without feeling a shred of emotion for anyone involved.

I think the GD runs itself pretty well. There are some sections that can get heated, but in general it's a pretty small crowd who, if nothing else, tolerates each other to a certain degree.

Amaranthus
01-07-2016, 11:26 AM
Keep patting yourself on the back, Peanut.

Refractive Reflections
01-10-2016, 06:07 AM

I'd vote for Cubed. Seriously.

People make fun of him, and I guess some of it's justified, but ya' gotta love the guy.

Cubed as a mod would be interesting to say the least

Cyber■4Mød2Ø16.

Beware now... ;)

Just as the fan theory of Jar Jar Binks being the ultimate sith lord in the Star Wars Universe, so is CyberCubed in the Technodrome Forums. He may seem to be ignorant and clueless, but he knows exactly how to pull the flame bait to get others to make incendiary reactions, but cleverly avoids being banned time and time again (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1428286&postcount=27). I guess CyberCubed has "force powers" now, since some want him to be a moderator. :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if this was CyberCubed's reaction to a member being banned and profusely apologizing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Uc84U04Sk)...

But hey, if Jar Jar Binks became a senator and was able to convince the Galactic Senate to abandon democracy, why not make CyberCubed a moderator? ...Just don't be surprised if somehow he eventually becomes the ultimate administrator of the TMNT forums... :lol:

The parallels (https://youtu.be/1rHyf0FBvt4?t=39m3s) are pretty striking. :P

ToTheNines
01-10-2016, 07:09 AM
Yeah, remember his thread about ebonics? Let's make THAT guy a mod.

Prowler
01-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Yeah, remember his thread about ebonics? Let's make THAT guy a mod.
To be fair, all he did was ask a question in that thread. But I can see why people would think he was just being ignorant and prejudiced considering Cubed has made posts borderlining on that before :lol:

Leo656
01-10-2016, 02:37 PM
Plenty of people who have actually had Mod powers in the past were way more questionable than Cubed. At worst, he's what's called a Useful Idiot.

Prowler
01-10-2016, 02:39 PM
I doubt Cubed would bother much as a mod. He'd basically be quick to lock threads by papenbrook and that guy who roleplays shredder and that's it.

Peanut
01-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Keep patting yourself on the back, Peanut.

How is it possible to read anything I said as self aggrandizing in the least?

Plenty of people who have actually had Mod powers in the past were way more questionable than Cubed.

Name one, because I honestly can't think of a single one on the same ignorance level as Cubed.

Papenbrook
01-10-2016, 06:19 PM
I want to be a moderator. How do I apply?

Powder
01-10-2016, 06:23 PM
They say you have to jump into a deep ass lake with a cinder block tied to your ankle. If you don't drown, you can be a mod. Can you handle that?

ToTheNines
01-10-2016, 06:43 PM
Yeah Leo, in almost 10 years I can't think of any mod who acted a fool. And certainly not one anywhere near the level of fu*kstickery that cubed achieves on the regular.

http://replygif.net/thumbnail/669.gif

They say you have to jump into a deep ass lake with a cinder block tied to your ankle. If you don't drown, you can be a mod. Can you handle that?

Aaaaaand, laughing even harder now.

plastroncafe
01-10-2016, 06:50 PM
Never join a club that'd have you as a member.

heh.
Member.

MikeandRaph87
01-10-2016, 07:17 PM

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachments/general-chat/227583d1330525069-football-manager-base-memes-mod.png

In other words, need not apply.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-10-2016, 09:05 PM

If Papenbrook becomes a moderator, I will walk away from this place and let it burn without me.

Ninturtle
01-10-2016, 09:14 PM
Yeah Leo, in almost 10 years I can't think of any mod who acted a fool. And certainly not one anywhere near the level of fu*kstickery that cubed achieves on the regular.

Why do you have a hard on for Cubed to to the point were you bring him up in like every thread you post in?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-10-2016, 09:14 PM
Why do you have a hard on for Cubed to to the point were you bring him up in like every thread you post in.

The heart wants what it wants.

Ninturtle
01-10-2016, 09:19 PM
The heart wants what it wants.

I just realized I forgot to have a question mark at the end of that sentence, may the grammar gods have mercy on my soul.

ToTheNines
01-10-2016, 09:19 PM
Why do you have a hard on for Cubed to to the point were you bring him up in like every thread you post in.

He's the current topic of this thread is he not?

I mean, I certainly do complain about the guy way too much but I'm starting to feel as though you have some sort of compulsion to jump to his defense every chance you get.

Makes you look like a tool.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-10-2016, 09:24 PM

I mean, I certainly do complain about the guy way too much but I'm starting to feel as though you have some sort of compulsion to jump to his defense every chance you get.

He's not the guy dropping Cubed's real name. That's crossing a line.

plastroncafe
01-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Doxxing should be reserved only for the most vile of transgressions, not garden-variety creeper behavior.

Ninturtle
01-10-2016, 09:32 PM

I'm not the biggest fan of Cubed (that's Leo) but your complaining about him ,in other threads, is excessive and you'll bring him up even when he's not there. That seems a bit questionable. And I'd hardly call pointing out your obsession with him defending.

ToTheNines
01-10-2016, 09:37 PM

Like I said, he posted once.

I'm not the biggest fan of Cubed (that's Leo) but your complaining about him ,in other threads, is excessive and you'll bring him up even when he's not there. That seems a bit questionable. And I'd hardly call pointing out your obsession with him defending.

He's my arch nemesis.

Commenter 42
01-10-2016, 10:24 PM
Where's the party?

Papenbrook
01-11-2016, 01:24 PM

I didn't expect that standard from someone like you.

Hypocrite.

Powder
01-11-2016, 01:27 PM
The irony of you calling him a hypocrite is that you start flame-bait threads & then parade around like the moral police & ask to be a mod. :tlol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-11-2016, 01:27 PM

Hypocrite.

Darling, I may consider you nothing more than a Grade-A Pain in the Ass and Drama Queen/Troll, but if I knew your real name, I still wouldn't use it on here. Papenkraken and Purplebrook work just fine.

Ninturtle
01-11-2016, 01:30 PM
The irony of you calling him a hypocrite is that you start flame-bait threads & then parade around like the moral police & ask to be a mod. :tlol:

At least her most recent flame-bait thread turned into something great in the end.

plastroncafe
01-11-2016, 01:34 PM
I'd argue that it was great from beginning to end.
From inception to derail.

Eyeballs to entrails, as it were...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-11-2016, 01:35 PM
At least her most recent flame-bait thread turned into something great in the end.

You mean where we all started talking about outdoor public badoinking? Or was that a different thread?

I remember the butter. And poo-shaming. That was, literally, the best 'Drome thread ever.

No wonder Purplebrook is a little crotchety right now. :tlol:

Powder
01-11-2016, 01:37 PM

I beg to differ. But I've never been accused of being "fun". :trolleye:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-11-2016, 01:37 PM

Better to be awesome than to be fun. You keep being you, mang.

Ninturtle
01-11-2016, 01:42 PM

I found it hilarious that a PK thread derailed into something so "inappropriate" , I'm really dissatisfied that PK didn't get her reaction there before it was locked. Kraken if you're reading this, tell us what you thought of that thread.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-11-2016, 01:45 PM
I found it hilarious that a PK thread derailed into something so "inappropriate" , I'm really dissatisfied that PK didn't get her reaction there before it was locked. Kraken if you're reading this, tell us what you thought of that thread.

Actually, yes. I'd be quite curious to know.

Give us recap!

TheSkeletonMan939
01-11-2016, 01:59 PM

Hypocrite.

Wow, I thought PK was too sensitive to call someone a name.

Papenbrook
01-11-2016, 02:00 PM
You want to know what I thought?

I thought that the majority of people weren't mature enough to take the subject matter seriously. As a result, the thread was derailed, ruining the topic.

Cylon, please stop harassing me. It's getting old.

TheSkeletonMan939
01-11-2016, 02:03 PM
I like it when PK makes a thread. We discuss the actual topic at hand (that's never fun) before digressing into happy-fun-time until it's moved to the Disintegrator Unit.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-11-2016, 02:06 PM

I thought that the majority of people weren't mature enough to take the subject matter seriously. As a result, the thread was derailed, ruining the topic.

I promise not to fire the first shot. Or start any doxxing.

Ninturtle
01-11-2016, 02:42 PM

Hahaha. Harassment? Really? That's hilarious Kraken, pure gold. Apparently responding to users who insult you and asking for a reaction is harassment. Are you so sensitive that everything is harassment? Cause if that's the case it must suck having to live like that.

Papenbrook
01-11-2016, 03:05 PM
Hahaha. Harassment? Really? That's hilarious Kraken, pure gold. Apparently responding to users who insult you and asking for a reaction is harassment. Are you so sensitive that everything is harassment? Cause if that's the case it must suck having to live like that.

Cylon has done that SEVERAL times, however, all while insulting me. That is considered harassment.

Yes, I have been harassed various times in real life. It's mostly because of my gender, race, and sexual orientation. It really takes its toll on me.

plastroncafe
01-11-2016, 03:08 PM
Don't let the bastages get you down, Papen.

Ninturtle
01-11-2016, 03:25 PM
Cylon has done that SEVERAL times, however, all while insulting me. That is considered harassment.

Yes, I have been harassed various times in real life. It's mostly because of my gender, race, and sexual orientation. It really takes its toll on me.

ha·rass·ment
[həˈrasmənt, ˈherəsmənt]
NOUN
aggressive pressure or intimidation

Cylon isn't exactly aggressive

ag·gres·sive
[əˈɡresiv]
ADJECTIVE
ready or likely to attack or confront; characterized by or resulting from aggression:
"he's very uncooperative and aggressive" · [more]
synonyms: hostile · belligerent · bellicose · antagonistic · truculent · [more]
pursuing one's aims and interests forcefully, sometimes unduly so:
"an aggressive businessman"
synonyms: assertive · pushy · forceful · vigorous · energetic · [more]

Cylon is rude to you at best, but your threads often warrant rude responses.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-11-2016, 04:11 PM
I'm actually quite aggressive. I once beat a snowman to death using my flipflop. Yes, I wear flipflops even in winter.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-11-2016, 04:32 PM
I tell ya what, Papenbrook: make a poll asking if I'm an asshole. Use the options:

Irredeemable universal asshole/douchebag
Sometimes an asshat, but other times okay
Fun guy some of the time, needs to learn better people skills
Awesome BAMF
A lower-ranking god in the mythology of the Technodrome

(or something more to your preference, but giving options for the whole spectrum)

I give you permission. Let's see what people think. I'm a big boy; I can take it. I freely admit, I've made a couple of mistakes. Ask Cure. :tlol:

I challenge you to find anyone else on here who apologizes or admits they were wrong in saying something to somebody else. Enough people say I'm wrong, I'll change my ways and admit that you are not trolling all of us with your "Saint West" type threads.

Ninturtle
01-11-2016, 05:42 PM
I'm actually quite aggressive. I once beat a snowman to death using my flipflop. Yes, I wear flipflops even in winter.

That's cold, what did the snow man even do?
And can I create the thread or do you Papen Kraken to do it.

Leo656
01-11-2016, 09:08 PM

Papenbrook, please stop posting entirely. It's getting old.

Netkeeper
01-12-2016, 01:36 PM
This guy has caused so much chaos lately. I honestly think Brook's posts need to be put on modqueue or something. Not an outright banning, just put a filter on it.

plastroncafe
01-12-2016, 01:45 PM
So much pearl-clutching, so little time.
All of it delicious.

Leo656
01-12-2016, 10:42 PM
Given the fact that it's an election year I say we put it to a vote, then toss the joker overboard, since the result is a foregone conclusion.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-12-2016, 10:46 PM
Given the fact that it's an election year I say we put it to a vote, then toss the joker overboard, since the result is a foregone conclusion.

While I think having the ability to vote people off the island would quickly turn sour and wreak havoc, a double-edged sword if you will, there are times I'm tempted.

Zak The Neutrino
01-12-2016, 11:04 PM

Sorry Leo but we can't vote all the PD TMNT lovers out. Heh

Leo656
01-12-2016, 11:06 PM
I think it would be best used selectively, in extreme circumstances. But ultimately quite helpful.

For example, George Carlin had a theory, that every person be allowed Three Legal Murders per year. This would both thin out the human herds as well as allow society a necessary outlet for its aggression. There were obvious restrictions, such as No Saving Up All Your Legal Murders, you have one year to use them and that's all, they don't roll over, so nothing like sitting out for five years, then going to work and "downsizing" the entire place. And the person you kill would have to have deserved it; like they'd have to be a scumbag with a name like "Tucker" or something, or constantly talk out loud during movies. The point is, that a lot of society's less-desired people would be "Selectively Downsized" and the ones remaining would be only the best, brightest, strongest, most motivated, and probably best-looking, since you figure nobody likes killing pretty people. What's left would be a society of nothing but A+ Winners.

...And repeat murderers, granted, but you can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs.

Anyway, I've always been a huge fan of the idea, and see great potential for a smaller-scale execution of it in a more intimate setting such as this one, since this place is such a Grand Social Experiment and all. Once per year, the masses of the Technodrome should be allowed to gather and vote for the removal of One undesirable or controversial figure. The accused will be allowed to make one final plea in their defense, before the masses vote for Stay or Leave. Upon being voted out, that person will then be banished for a period of one to three years, depending on the severity of their crimes and the desires of the voting public. This would be in addition to the regular disciplinary banning of jackasses and general ne'er-do-wells, of course. Simply once per year, there would be an additional minor bloodletting, to let everyone know that no one is safe, so behave yourself.

And, of course, in the spirit of all new social programs presented and initiated by the Ruling Class, I'm obviously exempt from the entire thing on account of It's My F*cking Idea (So There).

plastroncafe
01-13-2016, 10:29 AM
You say all this like this place doesn't already self-select its inhabitants.

Leo656
01-13-2016, 07:57 PM
I think an occasional culling would do everyone a world of good.

MikeandRaph87
01-13-2016, 08:08 PM
Putting the penalty box to more use would be helpful. It may have helped a few hard times around here like the red mask war or the bicker war of '04. There is a switch so use it if it is felt merited. Leniency can only go so far.

Jephael
01-18-2016, 12:02 AM
I think it would be best used selectively, in extreme circumstances. But ultimately quite helpful.

For example, George Carlin had a theory, that every person be allowed Three Legal Murders per year. This would both thin out the human herds as well as allow society a necessary outlet for its aggression. There were obvious restrictions, such as No Saving Up All Your Legal Murders, you have one year to use them and that's all, they don't roll over, so nothing like sitting out for five years, then going to work and "downsizing" the entire place. And the person you kill would have to have deserved it; like they'd have to be a scumbag with a name like "Tucker" or something, or constantly talk out loud during movies. The point is, that a lot of society's less-desired people would be "Selectively Downsized" and the ones remaining would be only the best, brightest, strongest, most motivated, and probably best-looking, since you figure nobody likes killing pretty people. What's left would be a society of nothing but A+ Winners.

...And repeat murderers, granted, but you can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs.

Anyway, I've always been a huge fan of the idea, and see great potential for a smaller-scale execution of it in a more intimate setting such as this one, since this place is such a Grand Social Experiment and all. Once per year, the masses of the Technodrome should be allowed to gather and vote for the removal of One undesirable or controversial figure. The accused will be allowed to make one final plea in their defense, before the masses vote for Stay or Leave. Upon being voted out, that person will then be banished for a period of one to three years, depending on the severity of their crimes and the desires of the voting public. This would be in addition to the regular disciplinary banning of jackasses and general ne'er-do-wells, of course. Simply once per year, there would be an additional minor bloodletting, to let everyone know that no one is safe, so behave yourself.

And, of course, in the spirit of all new social programs presented and initiated by the Ruling Class, I'm obviously exempt from the entire thing on account of It's My F*cking Idea (So There).

First of all... holy sh*t that George Carlin was one insane motherf**ker!!!

Secondly, how about instead of a voting system we do a sort of Hunger Games style arena in the virtual world? I know it wouldn't be easy to set up, but considering most of us here have played our fair share of games, it'd be a fun way to kick people out.

plastroncafe
01-18-2016, 09:16 AM
Until you get kicked out.
Let's face it, every single person in this thread would be butthurt and whiny when their number came up.

If being here didn't really matter to anyone, they wouldn't be here at all. And the people who talk about how much being here doesn't matter to them...are the ones who'd cry the loudest if they suddenly weren't allowed to play in the reindeer games.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-18-2016, 09:25 AM
Equal rights for all... special privileges for me.

'Tis the good old American way!

EDIT: Oh, and the ongoing tragedy ballad of He Who Shall Not Be Named should be a clear indication that bans won't work. The names change, but the people will stay the same.

plastroncafe
01-18-2016, 09:34 AM
Some people are just more equal than others...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-18-2016, 09:42 AM
Some people are just more equal than others...

Exactly. Math!

CyberCubed
01-18-2016, 12:29 PM
I don't get why this forum doesn't have brief 1-week bans like every other forum I've ever visited. Nobody said if you get banned you have to be gone forever, just a 1-week ban for something you did and then you're allowed to come back.

Jephael
01-18-2016, 02:08 PM
I don't get why this forum doesn't have brief 1-week bans like every other forum I've ever visited. Nobody said if you get banned you have to be gone forever, just a 1-week ban for something you did and then you're allowed to come back.

Last time I checked this place does initiate temporary bans. It's repeat offenders who end up getting perma-banned.

Machias Banshee
01-19-2016, 07:15 PM

We do one week bans and short term-bans as warnings before longer or perma-bans. We usually get reactions of "f*** you mods" or "why are you bullying me?!" :ohwell: