PDA

View Full Version : Ch'rell (Utrom Shredder)

Fang Wolf
12-02-2015, 02:59 PM
Have Ch'rell any family or relatives?
or is he completely alone? :ohwell:

TheSkeletonMan939
12-02-2015, 03:32 PM
If he did have relatives he probably killed them.

Fang Wolf
12-02-2015, 03:35 PM
If he did have relatives he probably killed them.

Oh, He killed his own mom....Nasty little bastard.

Icebot
12-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Karai is his adopted daughter but that's the only one I can think of.

shuriken
12-02-2015, 04:13 PM
Utroms live an extraordinarily long time and there's no indication of them even having gender. My guess is his parent(s) are long gone by the time he starts his intergalactic war crimes.

MsMarvelDuckie
12-02-2015, 05:04 PM
We do know that at least ONE Utrom was "female". One of the hive/council members (the three who always spoke together) seemed to be female- and not just her "body", mind you. That one also LOOKED more "female" than the others, even if only slightly. SO he must have had parents at one time. I'm inclined to agree that he probably killed them, though. Along with any siblings who might have been in his way, too.

Ceres
12-03-2015, 06:01 AM
Or maybe Ch`rell is something like a mutation hence his different look from his peers and was created artifically as some sort of experiment? Or he simply killed his parents, that of course could also be a possibility *shrug*

ToTheNines
12-03-2015, 01:13 PM
We do know that at least ONE Utrom was "female". One of the hive/council members (the three who always spoke together) seemed to be female- and not just her "body", mind you. That one also LOOKED more "female" than the others, even if only slightly. SO he must have had parents at one time. I'm inclined to agree that he probably killed them, though. Along with any siblings who might have been in his way, too.

There's also Zixx's buddy, the wife of the Utrom ambassador lol

Utrommaniac
12-09-2015, 08:27 PM
I've had several assumptions of my own, and I see many possibilities

1. He's an orphan
2. He is the sole child of a single parent
3. He came from a big family and struggled for attention

With his personality, I highly doubt he had a happy childhood, so those are my assumptions. But they are also baseless and to be left to speculation.

As for another baseless speculation, I imagine he might have a biological child - if not more than one.

Regardless of where is family is or if he had any at all, he's completely alone now, and he doesn't seem to care.

MsMarvelDuckie
12-11-2015, 10:33 PM
There's also Zixx's buddy, the wife of the Utrom ambassador lol

Good catch, I forgot about that one.

Utrommaniac
12-12-2015, 11:07 PM
While this was originally a topic about Ch`rell's position with having a family, it is still dedicated to him, so I might as well bring up this here:

Have you noticed how strong he is for an Utrom? We had our little Krang shout out complain about walking on his tentacles, and I would assume it is incredibly difficult for them as a whole. They almost always seem to be on some kind of hovercraft or in an exosuit. Mortu, when knocked out of his body and onto his side, struggles to get upright.

But Ch`rell could roll upright from being knocked to the ground. He can run and scuttle around with ease, and he can jump. Not just jump, but also grab from a horizontal angle. As seen when he attacks Raphael. And he's also got an iron grip, since he simply couldn't be pulled off, but pushed from underneath. I personally am disappointed he didn't try to separate Mortu from his exosuit and take him on Utrom-to-Utrom. But it probably would have looked really, really awkward. That and there probably isn't really away for them to go into combat with each other.

But to the point: Yeah. He has some incredible physical power for an Utrom. How was he able to achieve it? I would assume that it's not something that occurs naturally in Utroms, but then again, neither does Ch`rell's level of aggression.

neatoman
12-13-2015, 03:34 AM
While this was originally a topic about Ch`rell's position with having a family, it is still dedicated to him, so I might as well bring up this here:

Have you noticed how strong he is for an Utrom? We had our little Krang shout out complain about walking on his tentacles, and I would assume it is incredibly difficult for them as a whole. They almost always seem to be on some kind of hovercraft or in an exosuit. Mortu, when knocked out of his body and onto his side, struggles to get upright.

But Ch`rell could roll upright from being knocked to the ground. He can run and scuttle around with ease, and he can jump. Not just jump, but also grab from a horizontal angle. As seen when he attacks Raphael. And he's also got an iron grip, since he simply couldn't be pulled off, but pushed from underneath. I personally am disappointed he didn't try to separate Mortu from his exosuit and take him on Utrom-to-Utrom. But it probably would have looked really, really awkward. That and there probably isn't really away for them to go into combat with each other.

But to the point: Yeah. He has some incredible physical power for an Utrom. How was he able to achieve it? I would assume that it's not something that occurs naturally in Utroms, but then again, neither does Ch`rell's level of aggression.

Training? Imagine an Utrom with dumbells, it's pretty funny.

Ceres
12-13-2015, 04:39 AM

that is why i pointed out a possible mutation scenario that he was enhanced with Mutagen/Ooze or that he was experimented on by someone god knows who. But it could explain his immense strenght and agility for an Utrom.

Utrommaniac
12-13-2015, 01:25 PM
Training? Imagine an Utrom with dumbells, it's pretty funny.
Well, Glurin was pulling weights at the end of Vol 4, so there's that. And yes. It looks very silly.

Ceres
12-13-2015, 02:17 PM
Well, Glurin was pulling weights at the end of Vol 4, so there's that. And yes. It looks very silly.

he did? For real? xD

Utrommaniac
12-13-2015, 02:29 PM
he did? For real? xD

Oh yes. It was great.

Though, I'm not sure if Ch`rell would have had such equipment at his disposal. And who would he have trained with over the years? He must have had that physical prowess from the time Mortu was chasing him, adding to the list of things that made him so slippery to capture.

Karai was probably with him for that, but could there have been a long line before her?

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
12-18-2015, 04:11 PM
Everyone has a family when being born.

Utrommaniac
01-06-2016, 01:07 AM
Another thing that comes to mind, more so than the location of his family...what's with the prongs, man?

Yeah, from a design perspective, they're meant to set him apart from the other Utoms, but the scar alone could have done fine. They wouldn't be out of place in the IDW comics, since they have a wide assortment of "scalp display" as I have decided to call them since there's no official term.

But in-universe and biologically, completely away from "we need a way to tell he's a bad Utrom...why does he have them and no other Utrom does? I know from Peter Laird's blog that he put out the idea that he's "a runt" and that contributed to his hatred for his own kind.

Ceres
01-06-2016, 04:25 AM
Another thing that comes to mind, more so than the location of his family...what's with the prongs, man?

Yeah, from a design perspective, they're meant to set him apart from the other Utoms, but the scar alone could have done fine. They wouldn't be out of place in the IDW comics, since they have a wide assortment of "scalp display" as I have decided to call them since there's no official term.

But in-universe and biologically, completely away from "we need a way to tell he's a bad Utrom...why does he have them and no other Utrom does? I know from Peter Laird's blog that he put out the idea that he's "a runt" and that contributed to his hatred for his own kind.

I wouldn't say a runt, more like someone like Quasimodo lol. He is disfigured from birth and now threw a hissy fit on his fellow Utrom brethren because of that. End of story :D