PDA

View Full Version : Eric Sachs not in TMNT 2?

CyberCubed
12-09-2015, 08:36 PM
So the new trailer has been released and he was nowhere in the trailer. The actor signed on for a 3 movie deal.

I'm wondering if maybe we'll see him in the first 5 minutes of the movie begging for his life to Shredder for "failing him" in the first film, and then Shredder using his blades to slash open his throat and leave him dying on the floor. It would be a great way to introduce the new actor as Shredder and show how much better than he is the last film.

Also seeing Eric Sachs dying in the most gruesome way possible for the terrible concept of a "white man Shredder" needs to be done.

sdp
12-09-2015, 08:53 PM
Wasn't it confirmed he was in the movie? I was wondering where he was in the trailer but that doesn't mean he won't be in it. I actually liked the character Sachs, I'm glad he wasn't Shredder in the final cut of the film but to get rid of the character in the first 5 minutes is such a waste, they built him up in all of the first movie that he needs to be redeemed in a sequel and I believe it can be done.

CyberCubed
12-09-2015, 08:56 PM
Wasn't it confirmed he was in the movie? I was wondering where he was in the trailer but that doesn't mean he won't be in it. I actually liked the character Sachs, I'm glad he wasn't Shredder in the final cut of the film but to get rid of the character in the first 5 minutes is such a waste, they built him up in all of the first movie that he needs to be redeemed in a sequel and I believe it can be done.

He doesn't need to be redeemed. He needs to be killed by the Shredder for failing him in the first movie. The punishment for failure is death.

Shredder should slit his throat with his blades. That way his role in the movie will be fullfilled and his character arc will end.

newhire13
12-09-2015, 09:12 PM
I really think he's been replaced in favor of Baxter Stockman.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-09-2015, 09:13 PM
He's gonna be Krang. Bet you dollars to donuts.

CyberCubed
12-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Krang will probably appear at the very end of the movie as a teaser to TMNT 3 but I don't think he's any of the humans in the movies right now.

Also Eric Sachs was knocked out in the first film which wouldn't make sense if that was a robot body with a brain inside.

sdp
12-09-2015, 09:37 PM
They build up this character in the first movie and you want to kill him? They need to do something interesting with the character to not make the whole first movie feel like a waste and just shove him under the bed. Like it or not he's completely connected with the Turtles origin in this universe so I wish they could do something more with him.

Leo656
12-09-2015, 09:39 PM
First movie was a waste. The less said about ANY of it, the better. If they were smart, they'd pull a "Hulk - Incredible Hulk" and never even mention the first movie.

CyberCubed
12-09-2015, 09:45 PM
They build up this character in the first movie and you want to kill him? They need to do something interesting with the character to not make the whole first movie feel like a waste and just shove him under the bed. Like it or not he's completely connected with the Turtles origin in this universe so I wish they could do something more with him.

He needs to die. He was a mistake from the getgo due to a script revision. He deserves nothing but death. I want him to die.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-09-2015, 09:47 PM
First movie was a waste. The less said about ANY of it, the better. If they were smart, they'd pull a "Hulk - Incredible Hulk" and never even mention the first movie.

We can only hope.

Krang will probably appear at the very end of the movie as a teaser to TMNT 3 but I don't think he's any of the humans in the movies right now.

Also Eric Sachs was knocked out in the first film which wouldn't make sense if that was a robot body with a brain inside.

Cubed, my man, they showed the DimX invasion in the very first trailer. Krang's not just sequelbait.

sdp
12-09-2015, 09:49 PM
Now you're just acting childish.

You don't even care for the second movie so what does it matter to you?

The Hulk - Incredible Hulk thing makes no sense either since they're not technically in continuity, different movie studios and Hulk is not part of the MCU. They made a "loose" sequel/connection to it in Incredible Hulk by having him start in South America and to not dwell into the origins again but they contradicted the origins in that same intro anyway. This is also already being a loose sequel by having the turtles look slightly different, Shredder/Karai being different younger actors and whatnot. I'm sure more things from the first movie will be retconned.

ranger_scout
12-09-2015, 09:54 PM
In February if this year, he said that he would be in the film.

The sequel to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has already been announced (which will feature Bebop and Rocksteady) – is there anything you can tell us about it?

You know, honestly I don’t. I know they’re working on the script right now. I think we’re going to start shooting late April and I don’t know much more about it than that right now.

And you’re in for the sequel?

I am. And I look forward to whatever that is!

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/02/interview-william-fichtner-talks-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-not-playing-shredder-returning-for-the-sequels-and-whether-michael-bay-is-a-raper-of-childhoods.html

Leo656
12-09-2015, 09:55 PM
My wife is gonna make me sit through it one day, so it matters to me plenty.

sethmartin
12-10-2015, 01:25 AM
Just because he signed a three picture deal, doesn't mean they HAVE to put him in the movie. He signed that before they knew that Eric Sacks would piss off fans. They could release him from his contract if they don't want him. If he signed a pay or play deal, they will still have to pay him, however. I don't know the terms of his contract but we'll see what happens.

Eric Sacks was the most interesting character in the last movie, in my opinion. I'd love to see Fichtner return but only if his character is important to the story and not just a throw away cameo to waste time.

Matt2310
12-10-2015, 06:11 AM

for all we know sacks body hit the ground and Krang could of popped out and took off, we didnt see much after he got hit in the head

Tora
12-10-2015, 09:09 AM
Sachs could already know who Krang is. Krang might even have been involved in creating the mutagen early on with Sachs and April's dad. Sachs might also be helping Krang invade nyc.

Matt2310
12-10-2015, 09:23 AM
utroms were on the scroll on the back wall in the first movie, when sacks and april are talking at his mansion

thundermaster612
12-10-2015, 10:37 AM
He doesn't need to be redeemed. He needs to be killed by the Shredder for failing him in the first movie. The punishment for failure is death.

Shredder should slit his throat with his blades. That way his role in the movie will be fullfilled and his character arc will end.

I agree, he should die by Shredder's blade

Etsyturtle2
12-10-2015, 02:45 PM
utroms were on the scroll on the back wall in the first movie, when sacks and april are talking at his mansion

I've heard people say this but I don't see them when I look, screen shot please.

Andrew NDB
12-10-2015, 02:54 PM
So the new trailer has been released and he was nowhere in the trailer. The actor signed on for a 3 movie deal.

I'm pretty sure I've read he's in the movie, but the "3 picture deal" is meaningless. And with any actor with such. It doesn't mean they will put him in 3 TMNT movies... it just mean they legally can make him, if they want to.

Casey
12-10-2015, 03:36 PM

I'm wondering if maybe we'll see him in the first 5 minutes of the movie begging for his life to Shredder for "failing him" in the first film, and then Shredder using his blades to slash open his throat and leave him dying on the floor. It would be a great way to introduce the new actor as Shredder and show how much better than he is the last film.

Also seeing Eric Sachs dying in the most gruesome way possible for the terrible concept of a "white man Shredder" needs to be done.

I think he signed on for a 3 movie deal when he was still cast as The Shredder/before the rewrites though right?

Casey
12-10-2015, 03:38 PM

My point exactly.

TheSkeletonMan939
12-10-2015, 04:40 PM

Honestly the Shredder was so damned lame in the first film I'd rather it be the other way around. Have Sachs kill Saki for being such a lameass.

Coola Yagami
12-10-2015, 10:38 PM
Contracts can be changed, broken, or release from. Sachs had no place in a TMNT movie. What comic or cartoon did he come from again? Did I miss an episode, or an issue somewhere? Using him as Shredder (before the rewrite) was the biggest mistake ever. Just let him rot in prison, he doesn't need to be in the sequel.

sethmartin
12-11-2015, 06:20 PM
Eric Sachs was my favorite character in the last movie. He was by far the most interesting, but I credit that to the actor. Fichtner is just fun to watch. However, I agree that Sacks shouldn't be in this. He would just take time away from other characters. I'm hoping that this movie is a reboot that ignores any continuity from the last movie.

Shark_Blade
12-11-2015, 06:31 PM
Agree, Eric Sacks is such a joy to watch.

"Drain all of their blood, even if it kills them" lmao

"We thought were gonna use rabbits!"

"M-m-hmmm let me look at you!"

5/5 stars charismatic actor. :tlol:

sdp
12-12-2015, 03:18 PM
It's not that Eric Sachs was an amazing character but he had potential that could be brought out in a sequel. Like most things in the first movie it was a half=baked idea that didn't really pan out great but that can be fixed why do people want to ignore a character that had a prominent role and is just now magically forgotten? I hate when shows do that, especially if things can be reworked. There are plenty of examples of characters who are later redeemed in shows and even movies.

What comic or cartoon did he come from again? Did I miss an episode, or an issue somewhere? Using him as Shredder (before the rewrite) was the biggest mistake ever.

You could say that about Beebop & Rocksteady and most of the OT ideas that were entirely original. Tokka/Rahzar/Tatsu all popular on their own right were original characters. Old Hob? Should a franchise not create original characters? What a boring franchise that is.

Sachs was never Shredder in the movie, never thought about it during the movie and it was only after being carefully analyzed and leaks on the internet from uber fans that the mystery was solved and we know what happened but because of the rewrites he was never Shredder, do you know how many Blockbuster movies have rewrites? Hell are we going to consider that Obi Wan killed Luke Skywalkers father as a huge mistake because that was the original line? Come on.

CyberCubed
12-12-2015, 03:20 PM
Sachs needs a blade through his chest, or his throat slit, or have Bebop and Rocksteady tear him limb from limb after mutation.

The fact that this guy was almost passed off as the Shredder sends shivers down my spine to this day.

sdp
12-12-2015, 03:29 PM
It didn't, get over it.

CyberCubed
12-12-2015, 03:31 PM
But that was only because of fandom backlash, remember they wanted to make the Turtles into aliens at first too. Its rather obvious the hasty movie re-writes happened because the backlash against a white Shredder and alien Turtles was so strong it caused them to change the movie.

Too bad the outcry against Turtle nostrils wasn't as large, maybe we could have gotten those hideous noses removed as well.

sdp
12-12-2015, 03:40 PM
You have a point there, the backlash was for the better, it was too late to completely fix the first film but they rescued it from what it could've been and make a sequel that may prove to be extremely fun and an unexpected sumer movie that is now on the radar of people. We just disagree on what to do with Sachs.

pennydreadful
12-12-2015, 04:35 PM
Fifty bucks says that Cubed sleeps with a pic of Erich Sachs under his pillow. :tlove:

Autbot_Benz
12-12-2015, 04:37 PM
Fifty bucks says that Cubed sleeps with a pic of Erich Sachs under his pillow. :tlove:

that and he secretly enjoys looking at turtle nostrils

nellyp
12-12-2015, 06:30 PM
The movies page on IMDb does have Sachs still in it so surely he will play some role whether minor or not who knows. I am glad he wasn't shredder in the first movie but I didn't hate his role in the final product.

IndigoErth
12-12-2015, 06:52 PM
Agree, Eric Sacks is such a joy to watch.

"Drain all of their blood, even if it kills them" lmao

"We thought were gonna use rabbits!"

"M-m-hmmm let me look at you!"

5/5 stars charismatic actor. :tlol:
Some of the best bad writing from that film thanks to the actor. :tlol:

How does someone not read that in the script and look up from it like, "Really?"

Ninjinister
12-12-2015, 07:12 PM
The movies page on IMDb does have Sachs still in it so surely he will play some role whether minor or not who knows. I am glad he wasn't shredder in the first movie but I didn't hate his role in the final product.

Doesn't necessarily mean a thing. Half that stuff is never fact-checked.

CyberCubed
12-14-2015, 09:54 PM
Maybe Shredder will test the mutagen on Sach's first before he mutates Bebop/Rocksteady to see how it works. Except with Sach's it backfires and he mutates into a pile of puke on the floor. Shredder quickly scoops it up and throws it in the trash.

MsMarvelDuckie
12-14-2015, 10:26 PM
Or he mutates into- y'know what? Never mind. He's better off just sitting in prison for that crap-tastic evil scheme he tried to pull.

Panda_Kahn_fan
12-15-2015, 09:19 AM
Either reveal the bozo is Krang, or say he was Baxter in disguise all along. He serves no purpose now as he is.

victory_angel
12-15-2015, 11:06 AM
Sachs did say in that last film that he was raised by the Shredder.

He tells April that he was born in Japan and was essentially left behind by both is parents (through death and other things), leaving him an orphan in a country where he didn't really belong.

And the last we see of the Shredder he has that one little bit of mutagen on his finger. So two possibility here...

The Shredder in the last film was Oroku Nagi and the Shredder in this film is his brother or son.

Or the mutagen left on his finger was not only able to heal him from that fatal fall, but was also able to restore his youth.

As for Sachs, he will have likely been arrested as April and Vernon would have been able to tell the authorities that he had been trying to unleash a virus upon the city. But given the fact he's already 'stupid rich' he had likely made bail but his reputation would be ruined.

I think if anything he would have a small role in this film, but I think he could be mutated if anything.

turtlefanforever
12-16-2015, 10:30 AM

That'd be best but this is waay too similar to the first movie. It's all connected. I can honestly say this movie & the first one for that matter would be 40% better if there was normal turtle designs

Garfield
12-16-2015, 03:41 PM
I like Eric Sachs I though he was one of the more memorable things about the movie. He should have been the Shredder, at least in that film. You can tell by the flow of that movie that Sachs was supposed to be Shredder but due to the backlash of Shredder being portrayed as a white man instead of an Asian, they put in an Asian actor to be Shredder just to appease. You can tell because the Shredder had no development what so ever, and they just had one scene with the Asian actor as to say "Hey look he's Asian now! please don't hate our movie". I wish they could have felt courageous enough to go with Sachs a Shredder I think the film would have been better for it.

guppy8466
12-16-2015, 05:35 PM
I like Eric Sachs I though he was one of the more memorable things about the movie. He should have been the Shredder, at least in that film. You can tell by the flow of that movie that Sachs was supposed to be Shredder but due to the backlash of Shredder being portrayed as a white man instead of an Asian, they put in an Asian actor to be Shredder just to appease. You can tell because the Shredder had no development what so ever, and they just had one scene with the Asian actor as to say "Hey look he's Asian now! please don't hate our movie". I wish they could have felt courageous enough to go with Sachs a Shredder I think the film would have been better for it.

I agree, whiney bitchy fans ruined the final product of the movie and they still bitched when they got what they wanted. No sense in bitching about something that you know nothing about, give it a chance and see what happens, it's called trying new things, no sense in making the same movie over and over. It's like a child crying over food that they think they don't like when they've never tried it before.

Powder
12-16-2015, 05:53 PM
I agree, whiney bitchy fans ruined the final product of the movie and they still bitched when they got what they wanted.

When did that happen?

People bitched about the whitwashing, something Hollywood needs to do less of and needs to be called out for it each and every time. Even if they don't always fold back.

Quit painting everybody with the same paint of negativity brush and actually try to see what the problem was that made people annoyed with Sachs originally being Shredder.

This.

DarkLightDragon
12-16-2015, 05:54 PM
People bitched about the whitwashing, something Hollywood needs to do less of and needs to be called out for it each and every time. Even if they don't always fold back.

Quit painting everybody with the same paint of negativity brush and actually try to see what the problem was that made people annoyed with Sachs originally being Shredder.

Galactus
12-16-2015, 06:18 PM
I agree, whiney bitchy fans ruined the final product of the movie and they still bitched when they got what they wanted. No sense in bitching about something that you know nothing about, give it a chance and see what happens, it's called trying new things, no sense in making the same movie over and over. It's like a child crying over food that they think they don't like when they've never tried it before.

No, that's very wrong.

We have Michael Bay himself say that the re-shoots were done because he saw Liebesman's first cut and he personally didn't like it as it too mature so ordered a lot to be re-written and re-shot.

We already knew they were changing things on the fly and recently had it confirmed by the actors and producers themselves that no one really knew where the production was heading and essentially three different versions of the same movie hoping it would all be worked out in the edit.

The movie was always going to be a huge mess, that's nothing to do with the fans. If anything the fact that in the process of these many changes someone somewhere suggested throwing the fans a bone on the issue of the Shredder is a small concession on their part. I stress that it's a small concession because it's not like they really made much of an effort to incorporate Saki in comparison to everything else they changed of their own volition. We didn't get what we wanted at all.

I don't see the point of taking on a franchise if you're just going to drastically change it. There's nothing wrong with fans knowing what they like , we've had over thirty to see where the suitable parameters for change are before it becomes distasteful. I could somewhat respect the idea that a gifted director had a vision on how to re-imagine it, but no one a Platinum Dunes had a vision hence how they sold it out piece by piece over the course of two years out of fear they wouldn't get a huge profit.

IndigoErth
12-16-2015, 06:20 PM
and they still bitched when they got what they wanted.
Kind of hard to turn it into what people wanted when there was so much they didn't.

Like putting new tires on an old junker; sure you got the tires you wanted, but if the engine still sucks the tires aren't going to do much good.

Leo656
12-16-2015, 10:00 PM
"Blaming the victim" rears its ugly head again. Fans voice displeasure with obviously awful creative choices, studio makes the most inconsequential of concessions, movie still sucks, and the ONLY thing that ruined it was "the whiny fans bitching. They obviously should have just let the Turtles be aliens, Shredder be Sachs, etc. etc." :roll: There is zero chance any of those awful ideas would have been well-received ANY way. All that happened, was the movie went from one kind of awful to a different kind of awful. It didn't take a step backwards, just sideways. You can't blame the fans who saw the coming disaster from a mile away.

It's exactly like saying, "You should have just consented to anal when I asked for it. Instead, you said you weren't into it, so I had to go for the old 'Whoops, it slipped!' routine, and now, you're f*ckin' bleedin'. Why didn't you just let me do the awful thing I wanted to do in the first place?! WHY did you resist me?! LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO!!!"

So yeah, if that's your whole attitude on stuff... good for you, I guess?

Bry
12-16-2015, 10:31 PM

This right here is a prime example of the secret genius of BayTurtles:

1) Pitch something so insanely ass-backwards that you're bound to get a fierce and instant negative reaction from the fans. It doesn't have to be on purpose. This is literally a step you can fail through.

2) Hastily and lazily change the details of the plot after that negative reaction, making something that's incredibly half-assed and poorly-realized, but that a lot of fans/viewers will enthusiastically embrace nonetheless because hey, at least it's better than that original draft, right!?

3) If other fans/viewers still aren't impressed, then don't worry -- you've managed to create a bulletproof shield of fans willing to blame them for how your awful movie turned out because they dared to speak out in the first place.

Congratulations! You've successfully launched a reboot franchise that totally misunderstands the property while also creating a never-ending conflict amongst its fans that will distract them indefinitely while you skate on by to further riches on their lowered expectations! It's Hollywood magic!

Xav
12-17-2015, 02:50 AM
You can tell because the Shredder had no development what so ever, and they just had one scene with the Asian actor as to say "Hey look he's Asian now! please don't hate our movie".Hey, he actually got two scenes so it was totally worth it!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-17-2015, 08:09 AM
This right here is a prime example of the secret genius of BayTurtles:

1) Pitch something so insanely ass-backwards that you're bound to get a fierce and instant negative reaction from the fans. It doesn't have to be on purpose. This is literally a step you can fail through.

2) Hastily and lazily change the details of the plot after that negative reaction, making something that's incredibly half-assed and poorly-realized, but that a lot of fans/viewers will enthusiastically embrace nonetheless because hey, at least it's better than that original draft, right!?

3) If other fans/viewers still aren't impressed, then don't worry -- you've managed to create a bulletproof shield of fans willing to blame them for how your awful movie turned out because they dared to speak out in the first place.

Congratulations! You've successfully launched a reboot franchise that totally misunderstands the property while also creating a never-ending conflict amongst its fans that will distract them indefinitely while you skate on by to further riches on their lowered expectations! It's Hollywood magic!

The wisest and most insightful thing you've ever said. I am now forming a religion around you.

Bry
12-17-2015, 08:29 AM
The wisest and most insightful thing you've ever said. I am now forming a religion around you.

UAWdc9haQcA

:P

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-17-2015, 08:34 AM
UAWdc9haQcA

:P

I would make a joke about kneeling, but I'm just going to wait for you to disappear so I can start screaming:

"I WILL FIND HIM!!!!"

Garfield
12-17-2015, 09:30 AM

They are often changing characters who are white in their original source material to another race in the adapted holly wood movies. And despite some backlash, they usually go through with it. If Sachs was supposed to be The Shredder and they had all of these things set up around that, they should just gone with it. People throw around terms like "whitewash" and they don't often back it up with any kind of logic, like that's supposed to prove some kind of an argument.

DarkLightDragon
12-17-2015, 11:06 AM
It shouldn't have been an issue to begin with is the point. It was change for the sake of change. Plain and simple. That's why it didn't rest well for a lot of people. It got called for what it was, and they changed in a half-assed way. So both parties lose essentially.

Saying "they should've gone with it anyway" is a bad excuse and further demonstrates how we shouldn't just accept everything they put out. If they can't handle some critique and criticism for what they *supposedly* worked hard on, then maybe they shouldn't be a part of the business.

pennydreadful
12-17-2015, 03:04 PM

http://i.imgur.com/HCIirpB.jpg?1

Not one, but two bingos! :tlol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-17-2015, 03:24 PM

Not one, but two bingos! :tlol:

So basically, Guppy is the single most ignorant and uninformed member of the 'Drome?

Damn. That took some doing, but he did it! :teek:

Hell, even the people who LOVE the Platinum Dunes TMNT movies have to admit that WE, the angry fans who are "slaves" to interpretations that actually respect the franchise, are what made that movie SOMEWHAT watchable. (Spoiler alert: it still isn't.)

Guppy, go read the "Blue Door" script and then come back and tell us we ruined the first movie. Go ahead... we'll wait.

Longview01
12-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Sachs was never Shredder in the movie, never thought about it during the movie and it was only after being carefully analyzed and leaks on the internet from uber fans that the mystery was solved

Thats not true, we knew before the movie came out what had happened and I sat through that movie knowing he was supposed to be Shredder and damn you could tell as well because how little character development they gave that awful Bald Japanese guy who was Shredder, he literally didn't fit into the story...he might as well of not even existed

Longview01
12-22-2015, 06:38 PM

Its funny you say this because generally I hear positive comments about the change in the origin story which for Turtles was a huge difference....but I guess that doesn't fall into your "lets blame the fans for Hollywood cocking this one up" routine you are going for

Fishface
12-27-2015, 03:06 PM
You guys need to stop bashing Eric Sacks!

He was actually a WAY better character than Shredder in the film but you fanboys just can't get over the fact "oh he is white, he is suppose to be ASIAN> **** BAY".

Personally, he was the most interesting character in the film!

Powder
12-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Go away with that attitude, nobody here supports white-washing.

Galactus
12-27-2015, 03:39 PM

He was actually a WAY better character than Shredder in the film but you fanboys just can't get over the fact "oh he is white, he is suppose to be ASIAN> **** BAY".

I suppose Sacks was more interesting than the Shredder in the movie but that because they barely showed Shredder. Of course a character that had some development is going to be "better" than a character with none. Shredder had none of characterization we want from the character, none of the backstory we want from the character, heck he wasn't important enough to even earn a mention of his real name.

If they'd simply not tried to give us a completely new character that seemed at odds with TMNT (y'know the franchise their supposed to be huge fans of) is about and tried to dress it up as the Shredder it wouldn't have been a problem.

Think on this for a moment: In the 2007 Imagi animated movie the decision to use an original character as the primary antagonist instead of Shredder or any of the TMNT villains was met with a mixed reception but imagine for a moment the movie was exactly the same except in the final battle Max Winters put on spiked gauntlets and a samurai helmet and face mask and revealed himself as the Shredder. People would definitely call that horse **** and that's exactly what TMNT 2014 tried to do.

ToTheNines
12-27-2015, 03:42 PM
"Drain every last drop of his characterisation, even if it kills him."

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-27-2015, 04:30 PM

Wow, kid, congratulations: you're an idiot.

Fishface
12-27-2015, 06:36 PM
Powder, How was I White Washing!

I said I liked the White Shredder! I still Asian Shredder to.

ToTheNines
12-27-2015, 09:21 PM
Unless you were part of Platinum Dunes production team, no one is accusing you of attempting to white wash Oroku Saki.

Fishface
12-27-2015, 11:37 PM
Wow, kid, congratulations: you're an idiot.

I am an idiot for having an opinion? What sense does that make! I just said Eric Sacks was a better character than Shredder ever was and Shredder would never kill Eric Sacks, even though he is evil! I f he didn't care for Sacks, he would have made Karai his main henchman!
And besides, IMO, he was better developed than Shredder was. That's not to say Shredder was a bad character, he was just underdeveloped and had no personality whatsoever. You really need to look at what you read 'shell brain' before I turn you into 'turtle soup' (See what I did there, lol)

ANYWAYS, jokes aside, please stop being an idiot yourself!

Fishface
12-27-2015, 11:39 PM
Unless you were part of Platinum Dunes production team, no one is accusing you of attempting to white wash Oroku Saki.

Powder said I was

Powder
12-27-2015, 11:59 PM
No I didn't, your reading comprehension is very poor.

Fishface
12-28-2015, 12:07 AM
Yeah you said that attitude is not apreciated here

Powder
12-28-2015, 12:22 AM
It's clear you don't understand, so I'm not gonna drive myself nuts trying to explain it. :tlol:

Fishface
12-28-2015, 12:33 AM
Just explain it or I'll drive myself nuts wondering what you meant :tlol:

Amaranthus
12-28-2015, 09:40 AM
Holy sh*t, man. Get rid of that sig.

TheSkeletonMan939
12-28-2015, 10:21 AM
Just explain it or I'll drive myself nuts wondering what you meant :tlol:

Reading that sig is driving me nuts... make it much, much smaller.

Longview01
12-28-2015, 10:49 AM
Worst Sig ever

Fishface
12-28-2015, 02:54 PM
Worst Sig ever

I am sorry I just joined!

Technogeek29
12-28-2015, 04:02 PM
I am sorry I just joined!

Best thing to do is to pick one and hit preview to gauge how big it is.

sethmartin
01-08-2016, 09:51 AM
I don't think Sacks is going to be in this movie or even mentioned. He was never spotted on the set, he wasn't in the trailer, and William Fichtner is one of the stars of Independence Day 2 which was filmed around the same time. This movie feels like a soft reboot. I doubt they will even explain what happened to Sacks and hope that people just forget about him. I still enjoyed Fichtner's performance even though he was miscast as the Shredder and some of his best stuff was probably left on the cutting room floor.

The Boston Ninja Turtle
01-08-2016, 02:01 PM
This movie feels like a soft reboot..

please stop saying this dude..you are a movie guy like me and others...this is not a soft reboot...nothing about this is a soft reboot

its a sequel plan and simple

nothing more nothing less

everyone...there is no soft reboot its a sequel

if ANY TMNT movie is a soft reboot its the 07 film...a story the works off pre established ideas but follows its own narrative

sethmartin
01-08-2016, 06:23 PM
please stop saying this dude..you are a movie guy like me and others...this is not a soft reboot...nothing about this is a soft reboot

its a sequel plan and simple

nothing more nothing less

everyone...there is no soft reboot its a sequel

if ANY TMNT movie is a soft reboot its the 07 film...a story the works off pre established ideas but follows its own narrative

Yes. I know it's not. I just meant that the trailer with all of the changes to the tone, new shredder, foot, etc. makes it feel like that's what they were trying to do. It's obviously a sequel but I doubt that they will make any references to Eric Sacks, the crappy origin story, or any of the events of the first movie. It will most likely just ignore those events all together. The movie won't change those events, it just won't make mention of them. Who knows, though.

Bry
01-08-2016, 09:24 PM
Wow, I managed to miss this piece of lunacy, but I still can't help myself...

"Most interesting character in BayTurtles" ain't exactly saying much.

Like it or not, if it's a TMNT movie, it gets measured by the fans compared to the property as a whole. Nobody has to lower the bar to match its piss-poor quality. And nobody should.

Sorry, but Sacks was a lousy character. His plan and motivation literally made no sense at all. Just because every other character in the movie was as lousy or lousier doesn't excuse that.

LeotheLateBloomer
01-09-2016, 02:09 AM

Fishface, everyone is aloud to have an opinion of a character. YOU need to stop yelling at those who dislike Eric Sachs. It's not a matter of whether he's a better character or not, the point is that he serves no purpose in the first movie or this series now that he's not the Shredder. He's basically playing two different roles of two already established characters, Karai and Baxter Stockman. You might as well have cut him out or cancel the movie altogether.

I'm sorry but now I am getting really annoyed with how people defend this series with it's bullcrap deception.

Fishface
01-12-2016, 05:03 AM
Fishface, everyone is aloud to have an opinion of a character. YOU need to stop yelling at those who dislike Eric Sachs. It's not a matter of whether he's a better character or not, the point is that he serves no purpose in the first movie or this series now that he's not the Shredder. He's basically playing two different roles of two already established characters, Karai and Baxter Stockman. You might as well have cut him out or cancel the movie altogether.

I'm sorry but now I am getting really annoyed with how people defend this series with it's bullcrap deception.

Look I am not yelling, I just don't see a reason to hate the character! I see a lot of people posting dislike for the character but for no reason or the reason is just ridiculous! I didn't care originally if Shredder was Eric Sacks but I don't see the hate for a non Asian Shredder! Like James Rolfe and Doug Walker said, I reckon he would have made a better Shredder! If you actually had a good reason to not have him around, I will respect it but if you bash him for no reason, I will not understand!

DarkLightDragon
01-12-2016, 06:06 AM
>People giving actual concrete reasons why Eric Sacks was pointless as a character and dislike he was originally Shredder

>One person labels it as "bashing"

Me is confused.

And Doug and James were full of **** saying "it would've been fine" by comparing it to April being a teenager in the Nick series. The two changes cannot and should not be held as the same scenario. One was a change that had some sense into the narrative the Nick series wanted to tell. The other was simply a change for the sake of change and because the people behind the movie were so far up their own asses that they seriously thought nobody would call them out on this needless change and hastily half-assed their "correction" when they were under fire from fan outcry.

Point is, it was something that didn't need to happen had the these people been less stupid about their decisions.

Bry
01-12-2016, 06:58 AM
I didn't care originally if Shredder was Eric Sacks but I don't see the hate for a non Asian Shredder! Like James Rolfe and Doug Walker said, I reckon he would have made a better Shredder!

Because the Shredder is a ninja from Japan. That's absolutely key to his character. It's like if they turned Batman into a military general with living parents, or Superman into a teenage human wearing a suit of armour. Nobody's saying those can't be "good" characters, but by definition, on the most basic level, they're not Batman and Superman.

It's the same argument that defends "The Blue Door" by asking "why can't the Ninja Turtles be aliens?" Same answer: because then they wouldn't be the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles anymore. If you want to completely alter the basic elements of an established character, then maybe just create a new character instead.

sethmartin
01-12-2016, 10:20 AM
Because the Shredder is a ninja from Japan. That's absolutely key to his character. It's like if they turned Batman into a military general with living parents, or Superman into a teenage human wearing a suit of armour. Nobody's saying those can't be "good" characters, but by definition, on the most basic level, they're not Batman and Superman.

It's the same argument that defends "The Blue Door" by asking "why can't the Ninja Turtles be aliens?" Same answer: because then they wouldn't be the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles anymore. If you want to completely alter the basic elements of an established character, then maybe just create a new character instead.

This is the most well explained post I have seen so far regarding this. If they were going to go with Eric Sacks as Shredder, they should have just stuck with their guns instead of doing reshoots to shoehorn in an asian guy. At least it would have made sense because there would have been a conflict between Splinter and Shredder. Sacks made them in the lab to be evil super soldiers and Splinter escaped with the Turtles and turned them good in order to take down the Shredder. Ok, makes sense, and would have been much better than what we eventually got. However, you are 100% right that they never should have changed it in the first place. A ninja from Japan is much more intimidating than a white collar business man. I'm baffled at why they even wanted to change it to begin with. The only thing I can think of is that they really wanted Fichtner in the role so they rewrote the story so he could play the part. Also in the original script, Splinter is taught martial arts in the lab which makes more sense than finding a cheap book in the sewer. The original mirage storyline, IDW, hell even the OT series, had a much more interesting story. THEY ARE NINJAS and ninjas are from Japan. Period. If Splinter had found a cookbook in the sewer, would the movie had been called Teenage Mutant Culinary Turtles? The ninja aspect was so completely random in that movie because there was no ninja backstory to tie it in.

d_osborn
01-12-2016, 10:42 AM
The only thing I can think of is that they really wanted Fichtner in the role so they rewrote the story so he could play the part.
I want to say that I remember Fichtner saying in an interview how they did a lot of work to his character in the script after he came on. You're probably headed in the right direction there. Here's hoping some of the production script drafts leak out someday.

As bad as the change to Shredder was, I can watch Fichtner chew scenery as a moustache-twirling evil bad guy all day long.

sethmartin
01-12-2016, 11:19 AM
As bad as the change to Shredder was, I can watch Fichtner chew scenery as a moustache-twirling evil bad guy all day long.

Exactly. He was the best part of the movie. Not that I think they should try and shoehorn him into future movies. He had some of the worst, cheesiest, dialogue ever. He's such a good actor though, he made it work. He's the only actor who comes off like, "Yeah, I know this movie is friggin' stupid, so I'm just going to have fun with it." I actually enjoy watching his scenes.

TheSkeletonMan939
01-12-2016, 01:57 PM
If there is a bright spot in the film, it is definitely Eric Sacks.

Xav
01-12-2016, 11:31 PM
Also in the original script, Splinter is taught martial arts in the lab which makes more sense than finding a cheap book in the sewer.In the original script Splinter is from Dimension X and there is no explanation given why he knows martial arts.

shuriken
01-13-2016, 01:55 AM

I imagine Cubed burning pictures of Fichner repeating over and over "Die Sacks DIE"
Anyway I think he'll be in it. just not a huge part of it.

IndigoErth
01-13-2016, 12:35 PM
and Shredder would never kill Eric Sacks, even though he is evil!

Sorry about the old quote, haven't really bothered looking at this thread much because it seems doubtful the character is in the film so... eh?

Got me thinking though really on why wouldn't he kill Sacks? After all, Shredder isn't normally one to excuse failure or not take it out on someone.

That said, with a new actor hired and Shredder's name never spoken in the first... Maybe the first Shredder died in the fall (after all, armor or not, vital squishy parts aren't going to fair well with that impact), new Shredder is his son, Saki (I'm sure this has been suggested before), who has taken over the family moniker and HE kills Sacks, ether in the beginning or off screen months prior, in retaliation for the failure and his father's death and wants revenge on the Turtles for it as well. At least something along those lines would explain the change of Shredders, give Sacks reason to be absent, and create a conflict with the Turtles (other than "you keep getting away and taking my mutagen with you and getting in the way").

Though that might be too complicated for them if they're doing the whole Krang thing this time, so... Sacks is an android and we only see him for a moment before the android's Eric Sacks disguise is discarded? (But then I'd want to know why an alien would have cared about being "stupid rich.")

MsMarvelDuckie
01-13-2016, 06:34 PM
Not to mention that would mean he and Splinter BOTH lied about him having been raised by Shredder. I don't think that him being Krang would work well with that as his stated background.

IndigoErth
01-13-2016, 08:16 PM
Hm, true.

Granted it could stand as an elaborate cover up with a made up backstory, but sounds a bit complex for people who needed to dumb down the ninja connection to a picture book.

MsMarvelDuckie
01-13-2016, 08:55 PM
Yeah, but even Splinter said he was raised by him, so that would mean the lie went further back than even before they were in the lab. So either the man doesn't age (which we see he does in the flashbacks) or Krang/Utroms can make VERY realistic android suits!

DigificWriter
02-08-2016, 07:58 AM
The term "soft reboot" is a misnomer that people have deluded themselves into accepting as an actual 'thing' conceptually.

If you're rebooting something, you're completely throwing out what came before and starting over from scratch. PERIOD.

Out of the Shadows is a sequel to the 2014 film - FULL. STOP. - regardless of casting changes and the presence or absence of characters.

As far as Eric Sacks being in the film goes, it's been confirmed that he is, making this entire topic moot.

sethmartin
02-08-2016, 12:38 PM
The term "soft reboot" is a misnomer that people have deluded themselves into accepting as an actual 'thing' conceptually.

If you're rebooting something, you're completely throwing out what came before and starting over from scratch. PERIOD.

Out of the Shadows is a sequel to the 2014 film - FULL. STOP. - regardless of casting changes and the presence or absence of characters.

As far as Eric Sacks being in the film goes, it's been confirmed that he is, making this entire topic moot.

I may have missed it. Where was it confirmed?

DigificWriter
02-08-2016, 12:46 PM
There are numerous articles out there about Out of the Shadows that mention Mr. Fitchner as part of the cast, but here's just a couple of them:
1) http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/654627-the-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-super-bowl-spot

2) http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-861533

Coola Yagami
02-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Main issue is... he was never a TMNT character, so he had no place in a TMNT movie. The more this sequel squeezes in actual TMNT characters like Shredder, Karai, Baxter, Casey, Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang, the less room there is for rubbish characters that had no real business being in there to begin with.

Shark_Blade
02-08-2016, 07:04 PM
Even if he returns, shouldn't he be in jail or something?

sethmartin
02-08-2016, 08:36 PM
The main Paramount site doesn't mention Fichtner or Johnny Knoxville at all. Some of these websites may be pulling their cast source from IMDB which still has both listed because some one put them on there the day the sequel was announced. Maybe a cameo from Sacks but I kinda doubt it.

IndigoErth
02-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Then his role in it must be super amazing if they are doing such an awesome job of hiding his involvement to keep it as a big surprise for us. Such as no one ever spotting him during production last summer or hearing anything about his involvement.

And here I thought Krang was going to be the 'big bad' in this one.

Granted I'd be willing to eat my words (just a nibble) if he was there as practically just a cameo as Baxter's boss or something. It would make sense if he was involved in still trying to mutate stuff... but still, there's been no hint of actual involvement by him.

Leo656
02-08-2016, 09:12 PM
It honestly would not shock me one bit if Fichtner/Sacks appeared in a tiny "What?! YOU?!?" cameo, only to rip off his "false skin" and expose himself as Krang. It would make absolutely zero sense, but neither does anything else they're doing.

At this point, I don't think he's in, because again, we've heard nothing to suggest he is. But IF he is, he's Krang. Because like Indigo said, it would have to be some kind of huge shock moment thing for him to be in it but not have anyone hear anything about it. That's the only thing they could do that wouldn't be completely pointless.

But I don't think he's in.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-08-2016, 09:42 PM
It honestly would not shock me one bit if Fichtner/Sacks appeared in a tiny "What?! YOU?!?" cameo, only to rip off his "false skin" and expose himself as Krang. It would make absolutely zero sense, but neither does anything else they're doing.

At this point, I don't think he's in, because again, we've heard nothing to suggest he is. But IF he is, he's Krang. Because like Indigo said, it would have to be some kind of huge shock moment thing for him to be in it but not have anyone hear anything about it. That's the only thing they could do that wouldn't be completely pointless.

Yeah, it's a no-brainer. Kinda like Krang.

Or like the paying audience. BAZINGA!

DigificWriter
02-08-2016, 11:19 PM
The main Paramount site doesn't mention Fichtner or Johnny Knoxville at all. Some of these websites may be pulling their cast source from IMDB which still has both listed because some one put them on there the day the sequel was announced. Maybe a cameo from Sacks but I kinda doubt it.

The sites where these cast lists are showing up don't pull their information from places like IMDB. They get their information directly from the studios themselves, or from official press releases.

Commenter 42
02-08-2016, 11:30 PM
The sites where these cast lists are showing up don't pull their information from places like IMDB. They get their information directly from the studios themselves, or from official press releases.

So, you have 33 posts since 2005. hmmmm....

I don't know how...but

http://lohitsascience.weebly.com/uploads/2/2/6/0/22607136/7465645_orig.jpg

Bry
02-08-2016, 11:34 PM
I just wish he'd reply to the little "debates" we had going earlier. I can't imagine why he's ignoring those replies. :-?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-09-2016, 07:57 AM
I just wish he'd reply to the little "debates" we had going earlier. I can't imagine why he's ignoring those replies. :-?

He's getting paid to say encouraging things about the movie, not to have critical logical debates about the movie's (lack of) quality.

DigificWriter
02-09-2016, 08:06 AM
^ No-one is paying me anything, although I wish someone would pay posters like you to be nice.

Whatever, though.

I only have a limited post count because I rarely post here.

Bry
02-09-2016, 08:10 AM
He's getting paid to say encouraging things about the movie, not to have critical logical debates about the movie's (lack of) quality.

Paid or not, you'd figure that someone who's so concerned with trying to seem "intellectual" would be up to defending their arguments. Y'know, after their logic had several massive holes blown in it.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-09-2016, 08:23 AM
^ No-one is paying me anything, although I wish someone would pay posters like you to be nice.

Whatever, though.

I only have a limited post count because I rarely post here.

You can't pay me enough to be nice. I'm a critic, not a whore.

Every report card I ever received had "Does not play well with others" written on it, except for the two that said "We're worried that Cylons is gaining increasing influence over the rest of the class... we had to confiscate the pitchforks and torches that he brought for show and tell before he could pass them out to the rest of the students" or "Somehow, Cylons is organizing a mass cult of his fellow third-graders in his own name... Principal West managed to intervene before they sacrificed one of the playground bullies."

Candy Kappa
02-09-2016, 08:48 AM
I'll take the money. Pledge $1500.43 a month to my Patreon, and I'll say whatever you want about the PD movies.

TrickOrTreater
02-09-2016, 09:53 AM
Paid or not, you'd figure that someone who's so concerned with trying to seem "intellectual" would be up to defending their arguments. Y'know, after their logic had several massive holes blown in it.

http://i.imgur.com/BFqN2rA.png?1

And this is only a taste of how much he defended Fant4stic.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-09-2016, 09:57 AM

And this is only a taste of how much he defended Fant4stic.

Hahahahahaha! Yes!

Mister Treater, I'm giving you a 10% raise effective immediately. I know it's not a part of your regularly assigned duties here at the 'Drome Asylum, but could you please bring in more evidence of Mister DigiWriter's deepset delusions?

The rest of the staff and I need to review these materials. Perhaps it will help bring DW back to sanity.

TrickOrTreater
02-09-2016, 10:06 AM
Hahahahahaha! Yes!

Mister Treater, I'm giving you a 10% raise effective immediately. I know it's not a part of your regularly assigned duties here at the 'Drome Asylum, but could you please bring in more evidence of Mister DigiWriter's deepset delusions?

The rest of the staff and I need to review these materials. Perhaps it will help bring DW back to sanity.

http://imgur.com/a/rsxIP

As you can see, he clearly thinks the reason Fant4stic was bad, was because a tiny minority of fans "decided to hate it outright" instead of giving it a chance.

He thinks that has any effect on the quality of a movie.

Bry
02-09-2016, 10:13 AM
...this may be the most significant discovery of our age. For the rest of our lives, we'll always remember where we were when TrickOrTreater found evidence of the impossible -- someone who enjoyed Fant4stic.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-09-2016, 10:13 AM
http://imgur.com/a/rsxIP

As you can see, he clearly thinks the reason Fant4stic was bad, was because a tiny minority of fans "decided to hate it outright" instead of giving it a chance.

He thinks that has any effect on the quality of a movie.

Oh dear. I'm not so sure we'll be able to help this poor soul.

Still, we have to try, don't we?

TrickOrTreater
02-09-2016, 10:19 AM
...this may be the most significant discovery of our age. For the rest of our lives, we'll always remember where we were when TrickOrTreater found evidence of the impossible -- someone who enjoyed Fant4stic.

You'd be surprised!

On the SuperheroHype forums alone, there was a handful of them who, literally, said "I don't know what the fuss was about, I liked it!"

The embarrassing, cringiest part about it all though is, he insisted for months at a time, with a Kate Mara Sue Storm avatar, that the movie would be a critical and commercial smash hit.

Smash. Hit.

Bry
02-09-2016, 10:23 AM
Man. I see so much evidence of a deeply-ingrained feeling of intellectual superiority, while actually just... never, ever being right about anything. It's kind of tragic, isn't it?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-09-2016, 10:23 AM
You'd be surprised!

On the SuperheroHype forums alone, there was a handful of them who, literally, said "I don't know what the fuss was about, I liked it!"

The embarrassing, cringiest part about it all though is, he insisted for months at a time, with a Kate Mara Sue Storm avatar, that the movie would be a critical and commercial smash hit.

Smash. Hit.

That alone should disqualify ANYTHING and EVERYTHING he has to say.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-09-2016, 10:24 AM
Man. I see so much evidence of a deeply-ingrained feeling of intellectual superiority, while actually just... never, ever being right about anything. It's kind of tragic, isn't it?

It is indeed, Father Bry... it is indeed.

TrickOrTreater
02-09-2016, 10:25 AM

Tragic...

...ally HILARIOUS!

That alone should disqualify ANYTHING and EVERYTHING he has to say.

It should. But it won't. :(

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-09-2016, 10:26 AM
Tragic...

...ally HILARIOUS!

It should. But it won't. :(

Well, it does disqualify him. Sadly, he will continue to bray his erroneous opinions. I think you should only speak to him in screen captures of his Fant4stic posts. :tlol:

TrickOrTreater
02-09-2016, 10:31 AM
Well, it does disqualify him. Sadly, he will continue to bray his erroneous opinions. I think you should only speak to him in screen captures of his Fant4stic posts. :tlol:

If I can find more, he either deleted them or SuperheroHype does automatically.

But that's the gist of it! Just imagine that every couple weeks for months and months.

This goes for everybody out there, too. Sometimes, people can just see a movie for what it's probably going to be.

F*cking bad.

Bry
02-09-2016, 10:33 AM
I blame our culture. There are so many shows and movies these days about brilliant jerks who can enter any room and stun the "experts" into silence with their superior intellect. So then you get real people in real life who expect they can be the smartest person in the room like those characters, even if they're clearly not. Or even if they don't know what they're talking about even a tiny bit.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-09-2016, 10:36 AM
I blame our culture. There are so many shows and movies these days about brilliant jerks who can enter any room and stun the "experts" into silence with their superior intellect. So then you get real people who want to be the smartest person in the room like those characters, except without earning it. Or even knowing that they're talking about at all.

To be the smartest person in the room, you have to actually BE the smartest person in the room.

There are some people on here whom I disagree with, yet I don't question their intelligence... NONE of those people frequent the Platinum Dunes discussions. :tlol:

TrickOrTreater
02-09-2016, 10:36 AM
I blame our culture. There are so many shows and movies these days about brilliant jerks who can enter any room and stun the "experts" into silence with their superior intellect. So then you get real people in real life who expect they can be the smartest person in the room like those characters, even if they're clearly not. Or even if they don't know what they're talking about even a tiny bit.

Oh yeah. Kinda gotta be as smart as Sherlock to ACT like Sherlock.

IndigoErth
02-09-2016, 10:39 AM

http://i.imgur.com/tTmJuId.jpg

It would seem that haughty assumptions are not magic words that make something true.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-09-2016, 10:41 AM
Oh yeah. Kinda gotta be as smart as Sherlock to ACT like Sherlock.

I love the way you phrased that, man. I'm jealous. :tlol:

Bry
02-09-2016, 10:44 AM
I think everyone's known someone (or has been someone :lol:) who fell into that trap. Usually people smarten up and grow out of that by, like, college-age. You'd hope, anyway.

It's always the same routine. The smug, superior attitude, the "big" words peppered into their speech, attempts to "intellectually" intimidate their targets... and then completely disengaging when their "points" are totally refuted or disproven.

The smartest people I know are the first to admit if and when they were wrong or they don't know something. The dumbest people are the ones who think that being pretentious makes up for not actually knowing what they're talking about.

TrickOrTreater
02-09-2016, 10:50 AM
All comes down to humility and the ability to pick better hills to die on.

BayTurtles and Fant4stic are not those hills.

DigificWriter
02-09-2016, 11:09 AM
My statements about where sites like Deadline, The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Coming Soon, etc. get their information are fact-based, but if it makes you feel better to act like Republicans who flat-out ignore provable facts, go right ahead.

I'm done here anyway.

Bry
02-09-2016, 11:15 AM
My statements about where sites like Deadline, The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Coming Soon, etc. get their information are fact-based, but if it makes you feel better to act like Republicans who flat-out ignore provable facts, go right ahead.

I'm done here anyway.

Oh man, this is textbook.

If you're going to declare something as "provable fact", then you have to actually prove it. And unless you have firsthand experience working for those organizations, I really don't think you can.

There are a bunch of other refuted "points" of yours that you've decided to ignore, too. Like, pretty much everything you've said. If you don't want to defend those, that's fine. But that's just more evidence of what we're saying here.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-09-2016, 11:20 AM

I'm done here anyway.

You are glorious in your idiocy, sir. Will you please leave your brain to science upon your demise, that medical scientists may study it and hopefully treat others with your condition?

Bry
02-09-2016, 11:28 AM
Okay, I know that I've spent altogether too much of my time on this already, and I know that I'm being more than a little petty. But I just love it when someone who tries to act like they're the smartest person in the room gets completely outsmarted in return. And then immediately peaces out. :lol:

Your own medicine always tastes the bitterest, huh?

DarkLightDragon
02-09-2016, 01:51 PM
Basically another way of saying the ol' "can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen" phrase. Except the person initially thought they were the better chef. Like a rookie chef believes he's making the hottest and most delicious meals in the restraunt until someone sits him down, telling him that he's not as good as he thinks and how culinary art really operates so he can hopefully improve. Said rookie chef, with his delusions of granduer shattered, starts to berate and go in denial.

Nothing is more sad and satisfactory to see tremendous egoism go down in flames.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-09-2016, 01:53 PM
Basically another way of saying the ol' "can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen" phrase. Except the person initially thought they were the better chef. Like a rookie chef believes he's making the hottest and most delicious meals in the restraunt until someone sits him down, telling him that he's not as good as he thinks and how culinary art really operates so he can hopefully improve. Said rookie chef, with his delusions of granduer shattered, starts to berate and go in denial.

Nothing is more sad and satisfactory to see tremendous egoism go down in flames.

Just like that Baked Alaska Flambe he was workin' on, amirite? :twink:

ranger_scout
02-09-2016, 02:20 PM
Fichtner said this in February of last year. I don't know how much has changed since then.

The sequel to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has already been announced (which will feature Bebop and Rocksteady) – is there anything you can tell us about it?

You know, honestly I don’t. I know they’re working on the script right now. I think we’re going to start shooting late April and I don’t know much more about it than that right now.

And you’re in for the sequel?

I am. And I look forward to whatever that is!

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/02/interview-william-fichtner-talks-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-not-playing-shredder-returning-for-the-sequels-and-whether-michael-bay-is-a-raper-of-childhoods.html

Leo656
02-09-2016, 07:54 PM
Fichtner said this in February of last year. I don't know how much has changed since then.

So... "Secret Krang", most likely. Ooof.

Unless they just very quietly bought him out of his contract.

CyberCubed
02-09-2016, 07:56 PM
I seriously doubt Sachs is Krang. Most likely he was written out of the script.

Leo656
02-09-2016, 08:00 PM
I already said, I don't think he's in it either, I don't see where he'd fit. But if he IS in, smart money says he ends up being Krang in the Dumbest And Most Nonsensical Reveal Ever.

But yeah I think they quietly paid him off instead.

Etsyturtle2
02-09-2016, 08:02 PM
Thatd be so cool.

IndigoErth
02-09-2016, 08:07 PM
Nah, Shredder removed him to a desk job.

Granted it would be more Shredder-like to kill him for his failure, but they gotta keep this PG 13.

Coola Yagami
02-09-2016, 08:16 PM

Granted it would be more Shredder-like to kill him for his failure, but they gotta keep this PG 13.

See, that's the problem. No. No they dont.

But on the other hand you don't have to show it in the most graphic way either. Just kill him off screen. Or mention that he was killed for his failure.

IndigoErth
02-09-2016, 08:22 PM
Technically I was being sarcastic, but I know it doesn't read well. :trazz:

What I WISH would happen: first film's Shredder died from the fall, new Shredder actor is explained as the first Shredder's son and this is Saki and, in revenge, he kills Sacks for his failure and the death of his father. Saki/Shredder naturally also blames the Turtles for it so now he has a reason to have a beef with them and want vengeance.

Leo656
02-09-2016, 08:30 PM
Thatd be so cool.

http://static.yourtango.com/cdn/farfuture/cAw0BTuSK-WLSf317-XeBWwIuaTnp-opns5zSbKQ3Tk/mtime:1437340548/sites/default/files/image_list/waynes%20world%20monkeys%20fly%20out%20of%20my%20b utt.gif

Etsyturtle2
02-10-2016, 04:17 AM
That'd be cooler Wayne.

Speedy Cerviche
02-10-2016, 05:16 AM

What I WISH would happen: first film's Shredder died from the fall, new Shredder actor is explained as the first Shredder's son and this is Saki and, in revenge, he kills Sacks for his failure and the death of his father. Saki/Shredder naturally also blames the Turtles for it so now he has a reason to have a beef with them and want vengeance.

I think that would be cool but instead make first film's Shredder Oroku Nagi and second film's Shredder is his little brother Oroku Saki out for revenge.

DarkLightDragon
02-10-2016, 05:32 AM
That would imply the filmmakers would know the names of both characters to do a smart thing like that.

sethmartin
02-10-2016, 10:14 AM

I think the main plot of this movie is Eric Sacks trying to get revenge on Vern for knocking him out in the first movie. However, there will be a few scenes of the turtles thrown in. :lol:

IndigoErth
02-10-2016, 10:37 AM
At this point, heck...Vern's girlfriend could be Sack's ex and he's mad about it. :tlol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-10-2016, 10:40 AM
At this point, heck...Vern's girlfriend could be Sack's ex and he's mad about it. :tlol:

Plot Twist: Vern's girlfriend is Sacks in disguise.

IndigoErth
02-10-2016, 10:50 AM
:lol:

Vern: "Omg all this time! I need to take a dozen showers, see you guys later..."

Sacks: "Bwahahah! Good luck! The air method didn't work so this time I've poisoned the water supply!"

Vern: "Turtles help me! I mean, uh, us! Help us! Save the city, I'm suffering!"

Bry
02-10-2016, 10:51 AM
All of this is just... chillingly plausible. :trazz:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-10-2016, 10:59 AM
All of this is just... chillingly plausible. :trazz:

More like THRILLINGLY plausible! :trazz:

sethmartin
02-10-2016, 11:12 AM
"I'm going to be Vern's girlfriend! Stupid Vern's girlfriend!"

ranger_scout
02-17-2016, 04:17 PM
This article from Entertainment Weekly about the new posters says that Fichtner will be in this film. We'll see if they are right.

Directed by Earth to Echo helmer Dave Green, TMNT 2 stars returning leads Megan Fox (as feisty news reporter April O’Neil) and Will Arnett (as quirky cameraman Vernon Fenwick), alongside cast mates Tyler Perry, Laura Linney, Brian Tee and William Fichtner.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/17/tmnt-2-character-posters

Xav
02-17-2016, 04:56 PM
What I WISH would happen: first film's Shredder died from the fall, new Shredder actor is explained as the first Shredder's son and this is Saki and, in revenge, he kills Sacks for his failure and the death of his father.So how are they going to explain the new Karai? The first Karai died in the Humvee crash and this one is her sister?

TigerClaw
02-17-2016, 04:58 PM
So how are they going to explain the new Karai? The first Karai died in the Humvee crash and this one is her sister?
Karai survived that crash actually.

Xav
02-17-2016, 05:20 PM
She is never seen again in the film after the crash.

Galactus
02-17-2016, 05:24 PM

I don't think anyone making the movie cared enough about the character to confirm whether she lived or died.

TigerClaw
02-17-2016, 05:24 PM
Cause she was under utilized, hopefully they use her much more in TMNT 2.

IndigoErth
02-17-2016, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I wondered about that back when we heard of the new actress taking over.

How would it even be possible for Karai to survive that crash? Even if she did, she'd probably have broken bones and be stranded alone on a snowy mountain slope while the foot soldiers who accompanied her are all likely dead. Given the events, it might have even been a while before anyone even bothered to scout out the wreckage and see if anyone survived - if they ever bothered at all considering their plans in the film ended badly. So, what... did she somehow get herself out of the hummer sans "jaws of life" and drag herself all that distance up the mountain back to Sacks' place without freezing to death? If she can survive that, the girl can't be human. o.O

If not, then I guess she somehow magically survived (probably that) and doesn't really need an explanation for the new actress. Shredder would be better off with an explanation though given the age conflict in both the new actor and Sacks' story.

Xav
02-17-2016, 05:56 PM
Maybe she busted her face in the crash and had to get reconstruction surgery?

IndigoErth
02-17-2016, 05:57 PM
:lol: I like it. Simple, yet effective.

Bry
02-17-2016, 07:40 PM
I'd be amazed if they even bother to explain any of it -- Karai's survival or Shredder being a completely different guy in every conceivable way. And c'mon, it's not like consistency and continuity are high on Platinum Dunes' list of priorities. :trazz:

A more important question: what are the odds that Karai will have more lines than you can count on your fingers?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-17-2016, 07:43 PM
I'd be amazed if they even bother to explain any of it -- Karai's survival or Shredder being a completely different guy in every conceivable way. And c'mon, it's not like consistency and continuity are high on Platinum Dunes' list of priorities. :trazz:

A more important question: what are the odds that Karai will have more lines than you can count on your fingers?

If Karai has more lines than fingers on my hands, I will legally change my daughter's name in her honor. :tlol:

IndigoErth
02-17-2016, 08:17 PM
Come now, they understand consistency... as long as it's about explosions and 'roof top' fights.

DioLeo451
02-17-2016, 08:22 PM
Just a fight scene between her and Leo is all I ask

IndigoErth
02-17-2016, 08:44 PM
Kick her ass, Leo.

TrickOrTreater
02-17-2016, 10:16 PM
Cause she was under utilized, hopefully they use her much more in TMNT 2.

Yeah me too. Along with the half dozen new characters and the half dozen returning characters.

I'm sure all these characters vying for screentime won't make this hour and 36 minute movie feel like a hack job.

Or that it won't cause other more important characters to fall by the wayside to showcase other, cheaper live action characters.

Surely.

IndigoErth
02-18-2016, 02:06 AM
This article from Entertainment Weekly about the new posters says that Fichtner will be in this film. We'll see if they are right.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/17/tmnt-2-character-posters

But then this thing article included this without him (nor Knoxville):

http://collider.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-posters/

Here’s the official logline for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows:

“TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS” is the sequel to the 2014 hit film “TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES.” The film is based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles characters created by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman and is directed by David Green (“EARTH TO ECHO”). Michael Bay (the “TRANSFORMERS franchise) returns to produce alongside his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form (“ TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES”), with Galen Walker and Scott Mednick (“TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES”) also producing.

Also returning for the sequel is Megan Fox (“TRANSFORMERS”) as April O’Neil, Will Arnett (“Arrested Development”) as Vernon Fenwick and the Turtles: Alan Ritchson as Raphael, Noel Fisher as Michelangelo, Pete Ploszek at Leonardo, and Jeremy Howard as Donatello. Rounding out the cast is Stephen Amell (“Arrow,”) as Casey Jones, Tyler Perry (“GONE GIRL”, the “MADEA” franchise) as Baxter Stockman, Academy Award nominated actress Laura Linney (“The Big C”, “LOVE ACTUALLY”) as Chief Rebecca Vincent, Brian Tee (“JURASSIC WORLD”) as Shredder, WWE World Heavy Weight Champion Stephen “Sheamus” Farrelly as Rocksteady and Gary Anthony Williams (“THE INTERNSHIP”) as Bebop.

But just how official (and updated) is 'official.' I suppose it's just going to have to be a wait and see until we know more, it premiers, or actors confirm yay or nay.

thundermaster612
04-11-2016, 01:01 PM

People can get killed in PG-13 movies

Also Sachs COULD be Krang (screw the double A) because Shredder and Krang could be allies (Mega Bloks Cryo Chamber) and they were allies before so yeah...

I just returned to this thread and I only read 2 pages back so don't criticize me.

Andrew NDB
04-11-2016, 01:26 PM

That's fantastic.

There were no characters in that "film."

I don't think Sacks is going to be in this movie or even mentioned. He was never spotted on the set, he wasn't in the trailer, and William Fichtner is one of the stars of Independence Day 2 which was filmed around the same time. This movie feels like a soft reboot. I doubt they will even explain what happened to Sacks and hope that people just forget about him. I still enjoyed Fichtner's performance even though he was miscast as the Shredder and some of his best stuff was probably left on the cutting room floor.

If there is a bright spot in the film, it is definitely Eric Sacks.

If. There isn't.

People can get killed in PG-13 movies

Also Sachs COULD be Krang (screw the double A) because Shredder and Krang could be allies (Mega Bloks Cryo Chamber)

Fichtner's head/facial structure does vaguely resemble the Krang exoskeleton we saw in that trailer.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/27900000/William-william-fichtner-27961256-454-597.jpg

http://media.comicbook.com/2016/02/screen-shot-2016-02-07-at-64517-pm-168739.png

Etsyturtle2
04-11-2016, 01:50 PM
(screw the double A)

It took more time to type that than an extra "a".

CyberCubed
04-11-2016, 03:13 PM
I still say the only scene of Eric Sachs in the movie should be the opening 5 minutes where Shredder slits his throat for failing him in the first film. It would also let us know Shredder means serious business.

Andrew NDB
04-11-2016, 03:15 PM
I still say the only scene of Eric Sachs in the movie should be the opening 5 minutes where Shredder slits his throat for failing him in the first film.

Did he fail him, though? Seems like Sachs held up his end of the nonsensical deal... it was Shredder who failed to take down the Turtles.

Fishface
04-15-2016, 04:47 PM
I still say the only scene of Eric Sachs in the movie should be the opening 5 minutes where Shredder slits his throat for failing him in the first film. It would also let us know Shredder means serious business.

Honestly, If Shredder were to kill anyone, It would be Karai or the Foot Soldiers from the 1st film! They failed bigger than Sacks! Remember Sachs was only deafeated by Vernon and that's about it! He did not really fail that big! Unlike Karai who failed to chase the Turtles down that snow slope or Foot Soldiers guarding Sach's apartment!

CyberCubed
04-16-2016, 01:53 AM
I just want Eric Sachs to die in the most painful way possible. He was going to be Shredder if you recall before the backlash from fans changed their scripts.

Crusty old white man Shredder. Eric Sachs sounds like a whitewashed version of the name Oroku Saki. Still sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it. He needs to die. I want him to die. There are few fictional characters I wish death upon, but this is one of them.

Fishface
04-16-2016, 01:57 AM
I just want Eric Sachs to die in the most painful way possible. He was going to be Shredder if you recall before the backlash from fans changed their scripts.

Crusty old white man Shredder. Eric Sachs sounds like a whitewashed version of the name Oroku Saki. Still sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it. He needs to die. I want him to die. There are few fictional characters I wish death upon, but this is one of them.

Really? What is it with you and your hatred towards this character! He wasn't that bad! Better than that 1st Movie Shredder and Megan Fox's acting, that's for sure!

Powder
04-16-2016, 08:28 AM
Better than that 1st Movie Shredder

Leave this forum right now & never, ever come back.

Etsyturtle2
04-16-2016, 08:46 AM

I think he was referring to tmnt 2014 Shredder.

Powder
04-16-2016, 09:23 AM
Ah, my mistake then, if so.

Though, while significantly less fleshed out, PDTMNT's Shredder did at least look cooler & put up a better fight than Sachs. :tlol:

Fishface
04-17-2016, 03:35 PM

Nah, I feel like staying here!

But seriously though, Shredder in the first film was not that good of a character. He was just a hunk of wood like James Rolfe said. It actually did seem to like Sachs better than Shredder because he was given a bigger role!

Powder
04-17-2016, 03:51 PM
I thought you meant the first TMNT movie (1990), that's why I was aghast. I agree, PDTMNT's Shredder was soulless.

sethmartin
04-21-2016, 01:57 PM
I liked the 1990 Shredder. I think it's the best version outside of the original comics. He is a bit Darth Vader-ish, though. He flat out says the line "I am your father".

CyberCubed
04-26-2016, 09:55 PM
I liked the 1990 Shredder. I think it's the best version outside of the original comics. He is a bit Darth Vader-ish, though. He flat out says the line "I am your father".

Its also nice he's the most realistic version. He's exactly how Shredder would be if he existed in real life and had to organize a crime syndicate and recruit young teens to the Foot.

d_osborn
04-26-2016, 10:22 PM
Its also nice he's the most realistic version. He's exactly how Shredder would be if he existed in real life and had to organize a crime syndicate and recruit young teens to the Foot.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Barron Shredder, but I don't think any Yakuza bosses run around in sparkly red PJs with shiny silver zebra-print cloaks.

the fixer
04-27-2016, 01:41 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love the Barron Shredder, but I don't think any Yakuza bosses run around in sparkly red PJs with shiny silver zebra-print cloaks.

They probably did in the nineties.

sgtfbomb
04-30-2016, 06:57 PM
But seriously though, Shredder in the first film was not that good of a character. He was just a hunk of wood like James Rolfe said.

I feel the same way about this version of the Shredder. I never felt like there was a person inside that suit.

I remember reading an interview with the Turtle actors not too long ago and they said something like "They did the movie three times over" (my words, not their's). They may have been over-exaggerating a little, however the implications was that the movie kept going through mid-production changes (which probably isn't terribly uncommon in Hollywood). The Shredder's, eh, lack of character, for lack of a better way of saying it, was probably a victim of this, especially since Sachs was Shredder at one point.

The final battle for me wasn't interesting partially because of this. It was the Turtles up against the Shredder. But it didn't feel like the Turtles versus the Shredder.

Candy Kappa
05-01-2016, 04:50 AM
No, they didn't exaggerate, it's been revealed that Liebsman filmed scenes for three different versions of the movie...

CyberCubed
05-04-2016, 11:38 AM
I want Eric Sachs head on a platter. And on a stake.

Candy Kappa
05-04-2016, 11:41 AM
I want Eric Sachs head on a platter. And on a stake.

Sacks is chillin' on a tropical island being stupidly rich and escaped his surrogate dad.

CyberCubed
05-04-2016, 11:48 AM
I don't think I've ever wished death on a fictional character this badly before. I just don't like the idea of a white man Shredder. He might very well be my most hated TMNT character of all time.

If this was the early 2000's I'd be making Eric Sachs hate clubs throughout the entire. To death with him!

sgtfbomb
05-04-2016, 12:10 PM
Honestly, I am getting the sense that this film is a soft reboot, in terms of the villains. Shredder is more of a character this time around. The foot looks less like generic Call of Duty henchmen. Baxter Stockman is a character, not a glorified extra.

I'd imagine Eric Sachs no longer exists. He's gone the way of Alexander Knox from Batman. Never to be seen nor heard again.

sethmartin
05-04-2016, 02:48 PM
I don't think I've ever wished death on a fictional character this badly before. I just don't like the idea of a white man Shredder. He might very well be my most hated TMNT character of all time.

If this was the early 2000's I'd be making Eric Sachs hate clubs throughout the entire. To death with him!

Most hated TMNT character of all time, yet ironically, the best character in that movie.

Chris
05-04-2016, 04:54 PM
No, they didn't exaggerate, it's been revealed that Liebsman filmed scenes for three different versions of the movie...

I wish all the deleted stuff had been on the blu ray, someone would probably have been able to put it together as a much better movie.

Andrew NDB
05-04-2016, 05:53 PM
I wish all the deleted stuff had been on the blu ray, someone would probably have been able to put it together as a much better movie.

Highly unlikely.

ToTheNines
05-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Liebsman is a ****ing hack and the script was crap from day one. Perhaps there's a good TMNT 2014 movie somewhere in the multiverse, but not in this reality.

sethmartin
05-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Liebsman is a ****ing hack and the script was crap from day one. Perhaps there's a good TMNT 2014 movie somewhere in the multiverse, but not in this reality.

I think this movie will be closer to what fans want than the last one. However, what sucks is that it has to follow in the "Shadows" of the last flick. With same turtle designs, same cast, etc. As much as I think I will enjoy this movie for nostalgia reasons, I think after this, they should take a couple years off and then do a reboot with a new vision.

neatoman
05-04-2016, 06:26 PM

On the topic of the home releases, the extras on the DVD are terrible.

sgtfbomb
05-04-2016, 07:40 PM
On the topic of the home releases, the extras on the DVD are terrible.

This is a sad truth anymore. However, it doesn't always bother me with new films. I like there to be a certain amount of retrospect and a lot of honesty, while features for new films tend to be promo fluff, with interviews that seem almost rehearsed, because they were conducted during a time when they were trying to sell the movie, so it is filled with kissbutt stuff like "Megan Fox is just the perfect actress for April. She has this energy to her that really evokes the character and she is such a big fan of the franchise..."* Zzzzzzzzzzz....

Hopefully, we'll see that stuff and/or hear more about these alternate versions (beyond the Eric Sachs stuff) one day.

*A side note: I heard Jane Levy auditioned for the part. Man, I wish she had gotten it.

Galactus
05-04-2016, 07:42 PM
Highly unlikely.

In the sense of source fidelity which is important no matter what people say then yes. I would however be curious to see the version of the movie that Bay thought "too mature" I would imagine that at least be passable fare in comparison to what we got.

Nerdatello
05-06-2016, 05:33 AM
*A side note: I heard Jane Levy auditioned for the part. Man, I wish she had gotten it.

This is the first time I've heard this, and holy crap that needs to happen! She would be the perfect April!

ToTheNines
05-06-2016, 06:15 AM
God... don't even bring up Levy. She's been my dream April for years now. You can't believe how angry I was when I heard she was on the short list and lost the role to MF.

Then again, probably best that she wasn't dragged down by this poop. Perhaps Paramount will remember her when they show Platinum Dunes the door and reboot.

sgtfbomb
05-07-2016, 06:12 PM
This is the first time I've heard this, and holy crap that needs to happen! She would be the perfect April!

I agree. My other choice would have been Olivia Thirlby, who was amazing in Dredd.

I think April needs to have spunk. When Megan Fox was cast, I seem to recall some defending it by saying it would draw in more crowds, either because of her sex appeal or by star power. I think that was a bit of a stretch. Not to say I don't think she is trying. I think she is just miscast and the character itself miswritten.

It bothers me a little how her character is handled. I find it strange that in a world where pop culture sites write long tirades about how there are not enough Rey and Black Widow toys out there, that no one cared that a contemporary film had a female lead who was written as so ditzy and stupid and clearly written for sex appeal alone.

Ironically, there was an article talking about how the film was feminist because it had a "strong female lead." I am wondering if they are referring to Whoopi or Karai? x_x

graphic_content
05-09-2016, 09:06 AM
I agree. My other choice would have been Olivia Thirlby, who was amazing in Dredd.

I think April needs to have spunk. When Megan Fox was cast, I seem to recall some defending it by saying it would draw in more crowds, either because of her sex appeal or by star power. I think that was a bit of a stretch. Not to say I don't think she is trying. I think she is just miscast and the character itself miswritten.

It bothers me a little how her character is handled. I find it strange that in a world where pop culture sites write long tirades about how there are not enough Rey and Black Widow toys out there, that no one cared that a contemporary film had a female lead who was written as so ditzy and stupid and clearly written for sex appeal alone.

Ironically, there was an article talking about how the film was feminist because it had a "strong female lead." I am wondering if they are referring to Whoopi or Karai? x_x

In the same vain it always bothered me that Megan herself admitted to the producers to not being the best actress for the role - the admission itself didnt bother me, but even after knowing this they went with her anyway. She told an interviewer during the first film that when lobbying for the role, she told producers, etc. that they could find a better actress for the role, but they wouldnt find a bigger fan (of TMNT). And while that may be the case, that is a dumb reason to get a role that could have been portrayed better by a host of other actresses.

FredWolfLeonardo
05-20-2016, 10:26 AM
Make krang a banished alien warlord from dimension X who was forced to live in an android human body with the personna of eric sacks in japan. Not being accepted by others and seen as an outcast, he was taken in by the shredder who raised him as a son, alongside his other biological son, brian tee shredder.

Krang sacks, being so disghusted by humanity for not accepting him, wanted to start off by killing the entire population of new york, under the guise of trying to become stupid rich, while trying to use the mutagen to create an army under his command to exercise rule over earth, only to be stopped by the turtles once.

With brian tee shredder devastated over the loss of his fathers death, krang sacks offered him his help as a brother, in return for the original shredder being the only one who accepted him on earth, and thus they work together to destroy the turtles in the second film.

Come at me, dromers

CyberCubed
05-21-2016, 06:55 PM
Well people who have seen the sequel have confirmed Eric Sachs isn't in the movie and doesn't even get mentioned. I guess its for the best.

sethmartin
05-21-2016, 07:28 PM
Well people who have seen the sequel have confirmed Eric Sachs isn't in the movie and doesn't even get mentioned. I guess its for the best.

He's not. Very little of the last movie is referenced except Vernon taking credit for taking down the Shredder (but it's a deal he made with the turtles to keep them secret.) There's no mention of Eric Sacks or Sacks industries or April's father or really anything from the origin, except April does make a joke that she named the turtles at one point

Xav
05-21-2016, 07:34 PM
But she never named the Turtles in the original film.

DioLeo451
05-21-2016, 07:37 PM
But she never named the Turtles in the original film.
Actually she did

Xav
05-21-2016, 07:38 PM
At what point in the film does she say it?

DioLeo451
05-21-2016, 07:44 PM
At what point in the film does she say it?
When she's a little girl and video taping and whatnot you see their names on pieces of tape when each of the baby turtles are showcased along with splinter

Xav
05-21-2016, 07:46 PM
That doesn't prove that she named them.

DioLeo451
05-21-2016, 08:04 PM
That doesn't prove that she named them.
She also had color coded dots by their names along with cassette tapes which also had their names which were fully colored

DioLeo451
05-21-2016, 08:13 PM
I think Baxter has basically been retconned to be in Sach's place in the events of the first film.
Good riddance

sdp
05-21-2016, 08:34 PM
Wasn't Stockman in the first movie as a cameo?

No matter what you thought of Sachs he needed at least to be mentioned. Like it or not he is a big part of this universes origin and it's a plothole not to mention poor writing to just ignore him. This isn't a reboot nor is it a "soft-reboot" either.

Panda_Kahn_fan
05-21-2016, 08:38 PM

No matter what you thought of Sachs he needed at least to be mentioned. Like it or not he is a big part of this universes origin and it's a plothole not to mention poor writing to just ignore him. This isn't a reboot nor is it a "soft-reboot" either.

Not anymore, it seems. And the differences are so great, it might as well be a soft reboot. And Baxter's cameo is so small, that it's easily ignored.

FredWolfLeonardo
05-21-2016, 08:56 PM

I agree with you and I actually really liked Eric Sacks but I don't expect a bay film to have much attention to plot from the previous film at all.

This vibe from the trailers I get is: we are going to get big bucks once again in the box office so lets advertise the crap out of this, but lets be generous and make the film more appealing to the fans via including alot of OT elements.

That way, the film could be an enjoyable standalone flick regardless of how much it connects to the prequel.

MathUser
06-06-2016, 12:25 AM
Well, it's out, what's the truth? Is he in it? If so how significant is his role?

Galactus
06-06-2016, 12:49 AM
Well, it's out, what's the truth? Is he in it? If so how significant is his role?

Nope. He isn't in it or even mentioned.

neatoman
06-06-2016, 02:47 AM
If they ignored Sacks, couldn't they have ignored Vernon as well?

FredWolfLeonardo
06-06-2016, 03:47 AM

They wouldnt, the entire point was to make the film have as many OT elements as possible.

MathUser
06-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.

They fit on Nickolodean as well as the Power Rangers do.

CyberCubed
06-06-2016, 04:23 PM

Will Arnett is a big name and popular actor who draws in crowds who don't care much for Turtles.

Foombamaroom
06-06-2016, 04:29 PM
Will Arnett is a big name and popular actor who draws in crowds who don't care much for Turtles.

I don't think I've ever heard someone say, "Yeah, I'm gonna see the new TMNT movie 'cause Will Arnett's in it!"

That's Stephen Amell that has been drawing in casuals.

Autbot_Benz
06-06-2016, 04:31 PM
I don't think I've ever heard someone say, "Yeah, I'm gonna see the new TMNT movie 'cause Will Arnett's in it!"

you are right tons of girls on Stephen's facebook page said they were only seeing it cause he was in it

sdp
06-07-2016, 09:34 PM
Just saw the movie and not having Sachs is understandable with so many new and returning characters. However this is clearly a sequel and not a soft reboot so the lack of mentioning anything about Sachs is just poor writing. Especially someone who they spent an entire movie building up to just completely ignore him. Was it that hard to say "The Shredder was the person who manipulated Eric Sachs into unleashing the gas that would've killed millions". It literally takes less than ten seconds and regardless of how you feel about the character just by saying that it gives TMNT 2 a stronger sense of background and you kind of help the retcon that Sachs was supposed to be Shredder which was not hidden very well in the final cut of the first film.

Galactus
06-07-2016, 09:41 PM

Strangely he's the most currently bankable star in this which is sad.

After giving it a try I can say that on the whole Vern is probably more useful than Amell's Casey Jones....which is also sad.

CyberCubed
06-07-2016, 10:24 PM
I HATE Eric Sachs. Worst TMNT character ever. And I mean EVER.

I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him.

I HATE Eric Sachs. Burn in hell white man Shredder!

MathUser
06-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Knowing Eric Sachs was at one point a white Shredder, I ain't that sad that he isn't in the sequel. Asians are really lack roles in American movies. People didn't like them changing Egyptians to white people in Gods of Egypt. Where were those people when they cast Shredder as white in the first TMNT?

sdp
06-08-2016, 05:45 PM
He wasn't white man Shredder though. That's like getting mad because Obi Wan killed Luke's father but that was changed as well.

Powder
06-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Every scene he's in is a reminder of that, however, & he's only in it because he had been paid/contractually obliged. So he might as well be, given he's a walking billboard for error.

Etsyturtle2
06-08-2016, 06:30 PM
I HATE Eric Sachs. Worst TMNT character ever. And I mean EVER.

I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him.

I HATE Eric Sachs. Burn in hell white man Shredder!

Hey! Do you like Eric Sacks?

CyberCubed
06-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Please die Eric Sachs. Please die.

If this was the early 2000's I'd be making a character hate shrine on geocities or something. :lol:

Coola Yagami
06-09-2016, 01:14 AM
So much for all the people that were saying stuff like 'he was signed on for 3 movies, of course he's going to be in the sequel!' I kinda figured from the get-go that once they decided to bring in Shredder as an entirely different character, there was no longer need for the Sachs role. The only reason Shredder wasn't calling the shots and doing all the exposition was because the change was so late in development that there wasn't time to re-shoot all of Sachs' scenes and replace them with Shredder.