PDA

View Full Version : Whats VERN FENWICK been up to?

graphic_content
12-10-2015, 01:23 PM
So we've all seen the set photos where VERN (Will Arnett) is at high-end parties with models, and pro-basketball players; and where he is being asked by NYPD cops to take photographs with them ...

...according to the report from SUPERHEROHYPE SET VISIT - CLICK HERE (http://www.superherohype.com/features/360267-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-set-visit#/slide/1)

http://i.imgur.com/RBMZkQA.jpg

TurtleTitan97
12-10-2015, 01:24 PM
So basically Vern is Hercule Satan from Dragon Ball?

Candy Kappa
12-10-2015, 01:30 PM
seems like something Vernon would do.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-10-2015, 01:35 PM
I don't know which pisses me off more: Platinum Dunes completely sh!tting all over the absolutely necessary origin/backstory of Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki...

Or that Vernon is a major player in both movies, let alone one.

CyberCubed
12-10-2015, 01:38 PM
So basically Vern is Hercule Satan from Dragon Ball?

That's Vernon's character in the show too. He was always trying to scoop April on her story and take all the credit for himself.

TurtleTitan97
12-10-2015, 01:40 PM
That's Vernon's character in the show too. He was always trying to scoop April on her story and take all the credit for himself.

Yeah, but he never claimed to have saved the city. He just wanted to be Channel 6's best reporter.

graphic_content
12-10-2015, 01:50 PM
VERN in the OT was definetly a 'step on ppl to get ahead' type person, but I don't think he took credit in this case for that reason...

I'm willing to bet the Turtles asked him to, to keep their existence a secret. Remember that he was shot in the shoulder in the first film - making the hero story alot more believable for the general public, who minus seeing robo-Shredder fall from the sky, and land on the city streets, didnt see anything else with regards to the Turtles.

Im betting his new found status is the only reason he landed a supermodel. :lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-10-2015, 01:57 PM
VERN in the OT was definetly a 'step on ppl to get ahead' type person, but I don't think he took credit in this case for that reason...

I'm willing to bet the Turtles asked him to, to keep their existence a secret. Remember that he was shot in the shoulder in the first film - making the hero story alot more believable for the general public, who minus seeing robo-Shredder fall from the sky, and land on the city streets, didnt see anything else with regards to the Turtles.

Im betting his new found status is the only reason he landed a supermodel. :lol:

I forgot he got shot. Hell, I forgot everything about the movie except the blatantly wrong stuff and anything involving the actual Turtles.

But yeah, that's totally how he scored a Vikki's Secret girl. :tlol:

Bry
12-10-2015, 02:15 PM
The character or the actor? Because the latter might be pondering his recent career choices.

Yg03q100E4g

graphic_content
12-10-2015, 02:18 PM
I forgot he got shot. Hell, I forgot everything about the movie except the blatantly wrong stuff and anything involving the actual Turtles.

But yeah, that's totally how he scored a Vikki's Secret girl. :tlol:

Cannot blame you, even as a supporter of the first film, its heavily flawed, and needed retooling...badly.

I remember Will Arnett stating in interviews for movie-1 that Vern and Casey were cousins.

I wonder if that relationship is gonna bear any meaning (if it wasnt scrapped) in this film.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-10-2015, 02:22 PM
Cannot blame you, even as a supporter of the first film, its heavily flawed, and needed retooling...badly.

I remember Will Arnett stating in interviews for movie-1 that Vern and Casey were cousins.

I wonder if that relationship is gonna bear any meaning (if it wasnt scrapped) in this film.

Considering that PD seems to be bailing on a LOT of different things they did in the first one (but even still, not nearly enough), I wouldn't be surprised if Casey and Vernon as cousins got scrapped.

Bry
12-10-2015, 03:05 PM
That was an offhand comment from some interview with Arnett, right? How sure are we that he was serious and it wasn't something he made up to mess with people? :trazz:

thundermaster612
12-10-2015, 05:03 PM
I don't know which pisses me off more: Platinum Dunes completely sh!tting all over the absolutely necessary origin/backstory of Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki...

Or that Vernon is a major player in both movies, let alone one.
in the first movie Splinter mentioned not remembering a time before being in that lab, in the IDW series Splinter and the Turtles woke up in the lab after being reincarnated because they were murdered by Shredder. What if in the 'time before being in that lab' Splinter was Hamato Yoshi and the turtles were his sons and they were killed by an ancestor of Oroku Saki who had the name Shredder back then...
it could be like IDW

graphic_content
12-10-2015, 05:12 PM
in the first movie Splinter mentioned not remembering a time before being in that lab, in the IDW series Splinter and the Turtles woke up in the lab after being reincarnated because they were murdered by Shredder. What if in the 'time before being in that lab' Splinter was Hamato Yoshi and the turtles were his sons and they were killed by an ancestor of Oroku Saki who had the name Shredder back then...
it could be like IDW

i can only hope that is the case. my biggest gripe about this iteration is the lack of the Yoshi/Saki dynamic, which since the series began, has fueled the relationship between the Foot and the Turtles.

Speedy Cerviche
12-12-2015, 08:02 AM
Why is Vern even a major character in these films? Might as well as just had the Justice Force in there too.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-12-2015, 10:26 AM
Why is Vern even a major character in these films? Might as well as just had the Justice Force in there too.

We will not be satisfied until Bern Thompson's old girlfriend Tiffany is made a major character.

Or Barney Stockman.

Or any other host of forgettable one-note characters.

CyberCubed
12-12-2015, 04:20 PM

Vernon is the least of these films problems. He's harmless.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-12-2015, 04:36 PM
Vernon is the least of these films problems. He's harmless.

I wouldn't go so far as to say harmless. Annoying but not a huge issue is a little more accurate.

But yes, I'll agree with you. Least of the problems.

pennydreadful
12-12-2015, 05:36 PM
We will not be satisfied until Bern Thompson's old girlfriend Tiffany is made a major character.

Or Barney Stockman.

Or any other host of forgettable one-note characters.

If Howie Hardy shows up in these movies, I cannot be held responsible for my actions. That dude is the actual worst. :tlol:

TurtleTitan97
12-12-2015, 06:26 PM
While we're at it, let's add Mr. Ogg into the BayTurtle soup.

Jephael
12-12-2015, 10:37 PM
Am I like the only guy who got a kick out of Vernon? Hell, I thought Arnett did a better acting job than that skank Megan Fox! I still say Anna Kendrick should've been cast as April!

The Boston Ninja Turtle
12-12-2015, 10:41 PM
waiting for my live action Rex-1

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-12-2015, 11:41 PM
Am I like the only guy who got a kick out of Vernon? Hell, I thought Arnett did a better acting job than that skank Megan Fox! I still say Anna Kendrick should've been cast as April!

Not cool calling her a skank, man. Just because you don't like her or think she's unattractive, no reason to throw that around.

TurtleTitan97
12-12-2015, 11:45 PM
Not cool calling her a skank, man. Just because you don't like her or think she's unattractive, no reason to throw that around.

Hmm, I don't know. He may be on to something....

CyberCubed
12-12-2015, 11:55 PM
Megan Fox looked a lot better before she got plastic surgery on her face. Look at her pics from when she was 20 something, she had a natural looking face. Now they re-did her face to make it always look like she has a grimace.

pdizzle
12-13-2015, 12:18 AM
[QUOTE=Shark_Blade;1527999]She's hot and made the top 100 EMPIRE's Sexiest Female Movie Stars in the world. :tcool:

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/100-sexiest-women/
f*** me, who came up with this f***ing list???? The most beautiful women were all the way in the 40s & 20s and christen ****ing stewart at number 4??? That list was a f***ing joke!!! Just saying....

Enscripture
12-13-2015, 03:18 AM
[QUOTE=Shark_Blade;1527999]She's hot and made the top 100 EMPIRE's Sexiest Female Movie Stars in the world. :tcool:

f*** me, who came up with this f***ing list???? The most beautiful women were all the way in the 40s & 20s and christen ****ing stewart at number 4??? That list was a f***ing joke!!! Just saying....

Ugh. So almost all of them look like or act like a man. Damn. Bad acting megan fox looks real manly on that list. Kristen stewart is hideous

Leo656
12-13-2015, 04:01 AM
Maybe you don't like women, Cubed. :P Something you wanna tell us?

A subtle dig at CyberCube's sexuality? Hope someone had the good sense to report that comment as harassment. Since we've got so many crusaders around here looking out for everyone else's feelings and all.

Just sayin'!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-13-2015, 12:33 PM
She's hot and made the top 100 EMPIRE's Sexiest Female Movie Stars in the world. :tcool:

Maybe you don't like women, Cubed. :P Something you wanna tell us?

Obviously, SharkBait, you don't frequent the Supergirl thread much...

I will 100% allow people to call Kristen Stewart whatever they want. She makes Megan Fox look like Cate Blanchett.

CyberCubed
12-13-2015, 12:35 PM
The new hot babe on the block is Melissa Beonist who plays Supergirl in the TV show now. She's such a cutie. I also think Daisy Ridley who plays Rey in the new Star Wars film will explode in popularity soon.

Etsyturtle2
12-13-2015, 12:40 PM
IN my opinion, Megan fox is one of few people who seem to have benefited from surgery. I've had a crush on her since transformers. That was like 8-9 years ago, right?

And I thought arnett was fun, the movie was pretty bland. He pushed a little bit to help out.

Candy Kappa
12-13-2015, 01:05 PM
A subtle dig at CyberCube's sexuality? Hope someone had the good sense to report that comment as harassment. Since we've got so many crusaders around here looking out for everyone else's feelings and all.

Just sayin'!

He'll be fine. We all have see how disgustingly perverse he is in the Supergirl thread.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-13-2015, 01:07 PM
He'll be fine. We all have see how disgustingly perverse he is in the Supergirl thread.

True love knows no boundaries or proprietary. :trazz:

pennydreadful
12-13-2015, 04:12 PM
Ugh. So almost all of them look like or act like a man. Damn. Bad acting megan fox looks real manly on that list. Kristen stewart is hideous

Neither of them would touch you with a 10 foot pole anyway. :lol:

This thread needs to be locked.

Xav
12-13-2015, 09:53 PM
I also think Daisy Ridley who plays Rey in the new Star Wars film will explode in popularity soon.Yeah, in your pants.

IndigoErth
12-13-2015, 10:03 PM
o.O

http://i.imgur.com/765ZNhJ.gif

MsMarvelDuckie
12-13-2015, 10:45 PM
While we're at it, let's add Mr. Ogg into the BayTurtle soup.

Oh, gawds, no. PLEASE don't give them any ideas!!

True love knows no boundaries or proprietary. :trazz:

Absolutely.

oldmanwinters
12-13-2015, 11:26 PM
I'll admit it, I'm delighted to see the Vernon character reinvented as a substantial supporting role. Who would have ever thought it would happen? It's about as surprising as the resurgence of "Pigeon Pete" in both comics and the cartoon.

But maybe that's just me.

IndigoErth
12-13-2015, 11:45 PM
Oh, gawds, no. PLEASE don't give them any ideas!!

I'm pictureing him played by either Mr. Bean or "Pee-wee Herman"? :tlol:

The "wtf" looks from the Turtles might be worth it.

MsMarvelDuckie
12-14-2015, 08:21 PM
hmm, I always kind of thought Ogg looked a bit like Pee-Wee anyway. You might be onto something. Maybe something in the middle?

Leolead
12-15-2015, 08:09 PM
Yeah, in your pants.

Haha, I love peps like you. :D

Garfield
12-16-2015, 04:27 PM
I loved Vern (Vernon) in that movie, he was one of the better parts of the movie and I'm glad to see him in the sequel. So I see no problem, seems like opportunity for that character to get into all sorts of hijinks. And it totally works.

The Boston Ninja Turtle
12-16-2015, 04:53 PM
but thats not "vern" ...him and april werent even friends ..they were coworkers, he was always trying to upstage her

vernon was one of the most random characters they couldve picked

they prob watched the first episode of the OT and picked from that roster