PDA

View Full Version : R mika butt slap removed from street fighter V

turtlefanforever
12-10-2015, 01:57 PM
The developers have chosen to removes R mika's famous butt slap from the 'Street Fighter V' video game, how do you feel about this?

http://www.gamezone.com/news/street-fighter-5-developer-explains-why-r-mika-buttslap-was-removed-3430677

TurtleTitan97
12-10-2015, 01:58 PM
Is this really considered an issue with some people?

PangolinFeets
12-10-2015, 02:06 PM
Its a fighting game.

turtle1237
12-10-2015, 03:28 PM
A shame it had to go I suppose. But really in the world of Street Fighter, there is only one butt that means anything and that is Cammy's. Mika loses a butt slap, no big deal, but put pants on Cammy, and stuff flies up the wall.

Ninjinister
12-10-2015, 04:00 PM
We already have two (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=50286) SFV (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53212) topics, mate.

snake
12-10-2015, 04:26 PM
This isn't too big of a deal honestly. She's still hot.

Peanut
12-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Who gives a sh*t?

Powder
12-10-2015, 06:34 PM
I hate seeing companies bend to the will of loud mouth bloggers who don't even play the games they protest. I wouldn't care about the issue much if at all if not for that sort of pressure being a driving force behind this decision. I'm not too invested either way as I'm not a big Street Fighter fan, but it's slightly irksome to me.

CyberCubed
12-11-2015, 12:40 AM
And yet you basically still see all of Cammy's ass as usual. Why do feminists care about fighting games anyway?

All female characters in just about any fighting game out there are sexualized. Even Smash does it with Zero Suit Samus. Its to be expected.

Prowler
12-11-2015, 03:36 AM
I hate seeing companies bend to the will of loud mouth bloggers who don't even play the games they protest. I wouldn't care about the issue much if at all if not for that sort of pressure being a driving force behind this decision. I'm not too invested either way as I'm not a big Street Fighter fan, but it's slightly irksome to me.
Pretty much this. As a Street Fighter fan, I don't have an issue with them removing something that doesn't affect the gameplay at all, it's just that I feel they're pandering to SJW morons. Yes, I know they say there was no outside pressure for them to do this, which makes me wonder more why Mika's buttslap would make anyone "uncomfortable". Who else, other than overtly-PC people and SJWs could possibly feel "uncomfortable" with that?

Candy Kappa
12-11-2015, 04:03 AM
I don't really see what the problem was with a taunting butt slap from what's essentially a fetish dressed wrestler, it kinda fits her. If anything, one would have thought the costume itself would have gotten an overhaul if anything was to be changed for "sensitivity issues".

But, it's their game so I guess they can do whatever. I guess that means we won't get Poison eventually.

turtle1237
12-11-2015, 04:52 AM
And yet you basically still see all of Cammy's ass as usual. Why do feminists care about fighting games anyway?

All female characters in just about any fighting game out there are sexualized. Even Smash does it with Zero Suit Samus. Its to be expected.

yeah really makes no since, since Cammy's win pose in winng a round is still showing off her new and impove non flat butt lol. Yeah SFIV her rear was pretty flat. I think this is perhaps the best looking Cammy I seen, will I wish she had her leg strips, but Cammy has it all pretty much look wise in V.

Mika, since Alpha3 her thing was ways butt moves, from the flying peach, to her rubbing her butt. So it was strange they would remove it.

chrisdude
12-11-2015, 05:44 AM
I don't really like to see anything censored, but I'm no R. Mika fan. I'm happy to see correct the sins of SFIV, and keep bringing back characters that aren't SFII staples.

Cammy's always been one of my favorites, but I'm not a fan of her new form. Doesn't look bad, just not like her. When you think about it, wouldn't the feminist thing be to embrace body diversity? Unlike, say, Mortal Kombat, the women of SF have always had very different forms. Why crank up the "TnA" on Cammy?

Bry
12-11-2015, 06:18 AM
I can't imagine why anyone would care. It has no impact on the gameplay whatsoever and they've repeatedly stated it was an internal decision they weren't pressured into. But I guess if some folks have an axe to grind they're gonna grind it no matter what the facts are. :P

The way I see it, content like this has been removed/altered by game companies as long as video games have existed, and long before the Internet, social networks, or "gamer culture" were even a thing. It's business as usual.

turtle1237
12-11-2015, 06:39 AM
I don't really like to see anything censored, but I'm no R. Mika fan. I'm happy to see correct the sins of SFIV, and keep bringing back characters that aren't SFII staples.

Cammy's always been one of my favorites, but I'm not a fan of her new form. Doesn't look bad, just not like her. When you think about it, wouldn't the feminist thing be to embrace body diversity? Unlike, say, Mortal Kombat, the women of SF have always had very different forms. Why crank up the "TnA" on Cammy?

I think SFIV mostly tone it done with the flat butt they gave her, In SFII, Alpha series, cannon strike, and even Street Wise with that Beer Ad, it was pretty rounded, than SFIV came out, and she had this flat butt, which was not really Cammy imo.

If you notice, the SFV Cammy is base on the Cannon Strike game Cammy right down to the empty gun holder. I really do like the new Cammy lol.

Peanut
12-11-2015, 07:06 AM
Oh, wow. There's some gamergate-level sh*t going down in here now.

chrisdude
12-11-2015, 09:12 AM
I feel like I'm in a field of eggshells, right now.

CyberCubed
12-11-2015, 10:30 AM
Fighting games have always been aimed at teenagers, ones mainly looking for violence and sex appeal. That's the whole reason Mortal Kombat exploded in popularity in the 90's, and why the Dead or Alive franchise gets volleyball spinoff's.

Soul Calibur does the same thing with Taki's skin tight outfit and Ivy's breasts are so large now you wonder how she can hold herself up.

Allio
12-11-2015, 03:47 PM
LAX0n_CEo5A

Autbot_Benz
12-11-2015, 03:52 PM
Id blame this one on the Feminists and SJW's like that anita sarkeesian girl

PangolinFeets
12-11-2015, 05:22 PM
The company stated that this was an internal decision and people are still bugging out? Maybe they are trying to be more inclusive because they are sick of the FGC being so vitriolic.

sdp
12-11-2015, 05:58 PM
It bothers me that they censured their own game and they caved into pressure of idiots. Now I'm not even a big fan of the serialization of Street Fighter, I always thought SF was more subtle with its sexualizing (well as subtle as Cammy in SSFII was able to be) but starting with SFIV they started going the route other fighting games did which is a shame and SFV is full blown DOA/Mortal Kombat/Soul Calibour level of fan service and it rubs me the wrong way, that's not what I expect from SF. But even then I still feel annoyed that they caved into pressure to censure their own stuff I don't know why, I guess it's the principle. Why don't they cave into pressure and make a very different SFV. I mean the outfits themselves are far more slutty and offensive than the actual buttslap so why is that being censored, Cammy's outfit has become ridiculous and so has the other females so why is slightly changing the camera angle to not feature so much of the costumes they themselves designed. Either design different costumes or show them off.

This whole Feminism vs anti-feminism is so annoying from both sides, I don't even know which side is dumber.

Bry
12-11-2015, 06:40 PM
The company stated that this was an internal decision and people are still bugging out? Maybe they are trying to be more inclusive because they are sick of the FGC being so vitriolic.

Exactly -- the game's producer flat-out said it was an internal decision and had nothing to do with outside influences. Plain as day. But that doesn't fit the outraged Gator narrative, so doubling down on conspiracy theories it is! :roll:

Also worth noting: a company choosing to change the content of their product is not, and can never be, censorship.

This is a total non-issue and changes nothing about the gameplay. It's so weird that some people actually care so much about a tiny, minor detail. Gaming is not under siege by "extremists" because some companies are trying to cater to more customers than one very specific demographic. That's just capitalism. Games are fine. Everything is fine. Relax.

Powder
12-11-2015, 07:07 PM
Why on earth would they admit to caving in due to SJW pressure? That'd just encourage more of it.

If it's such a non-issue, then there's no need to criticize those who think it is.

Bry
12-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Oh, lordy. :lol:

Where's this supposed "SJW pressure"? Seriously, do a Google search for "R Mika Street Fighter V". I'm sure there's been some criticism somewhere, but the outrage is overwhelmingly coming from the other direction -- pages and pages of gamers freaking out about "censorship" and cooking up conspiracy theories.

Hell, they didn't even technically remove the taunt -- they just changed the shot to focus on her face instead of her ass.

If we're seriously at the point where the game's producer can flat-out say they weren't pressured by anyone and the immediate response is a coverup theory... I dunno, man. I can't figure out why gamers would want to die on that molehill.

Capcom says they made the changes they did because they want the game to appeal to the widest audience possible. They're a business. That makes sense. They're 100% in charge of their product, nobody even could force them to change anything against their will, so I don't see a valid reason not to take them at their word.

Powder
12-11-2015, 07:23 PM
Sure, it has absolutely nothing to do with this being on the heels of Dead Or Alive Extreme 3 being held back from western audiences for the same reasons.

Businesses lie about motivating factors constantly. That is capitalism. I don't see why we can be so quick to doubt politicians but every other money minded suit can be taken at face value during questionable times. Sh*t happens behind the scenes in all fields, but everyone is ready & willing to dismiss the sketchiness of this particular one because it's demographic is comprised of geeks.

Bry
12-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Sure, it has absolutely nothing to do with this being on the heels of Dead Or Alive Extreme 3 being held back from western audiences for the same reasons.

There are actually some very compelling potential financial reasons for that decision made in this article and in the comments following it (http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/11/26/the-real-reason-dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-isnt-coming-west/179394/). That game series wasn't exactly a high seller, especially the previous game, and the costs of localizing, licensing, marketing, and distributing it in a market that it was never really designed for might not have even been profitable.

Businesses lie about motivating factors constantly. That is capitalism. I don't see why we can be so quick to doubt politicians but every other money minded suit can be taken at face value during questionable times. Sh*t happens behind the scenes in all fields, but everyone is ready & willing to dismiss the sketchiness of this particular one because it's demographic is comprised of geeks.

Capitalism is making money, full stop. Capcom has flat-out said that the (very slight) alterations they're making from the first beta are only to better appeal to a wider, younger audience. And I don't see much actual evidence to the contrary.

Powder
12-11-2015, 08:00 PM
Yeah, that's all well & good, but they outright gave their reason in a now deleted post: https://archive.is/KmUZc

Capcom can flat-out say whatever they want. Some people believe it, others don't. It is what it is. There's enough going on for myself & others to doubt that reasoning.
That belief has no effect on you, so I don't see the point in going on about it.

Bry
12-11-2015, 08:10 PM
Yeah, that's all well & good, but they outright gave their reason in a now deleted post: https://archive.is/KmUZc

Capcom can flat-out say whatever they want. Some people believe it, others don't. It is what it is.

I'm not saying it didn't potentially factor in to some degree, but ultimately the final decision would have been financial. A company would never shut down an entire source of revenue just over some potential Internet comments. More likely they ran the numbers and figured that the game wasn't likely to make a profit (or enough of a profit) in North America and didn't feel it was worth the hassle. If they thought it'd be profitable enough I am sure they'd release it in a heartbeat.

But yes, the games market is changing, that much is true. It's a big business and more developers are choosing to consider a wider, more diverse audience because they want to make as much money as possible. You can believe that games are under siege by "SJWs" if you really want to, but no CEO is going to shoot their business in the foot over some online criticism alone. If it's business, ultimately it's always about money. This kind of thing always happens when a market grows.

Powder
12-11-2015, 08:18 PM
Be that as it may, their voice is very much being heard. Controversy/criticism can hurt business, especially when it is a perceived matter of prejudice/sexism. It's what gets stores that carry those items boycotted & so forth. Yeah, business comes first, but when mouthpieces can f*ck up that business, it's really more about politics, isn't it?

I really don't want to continue hashing this out with you. It's very clear we stand on two different sides of the issue. You're sure as hell not gonna convince me of anything.

turtle1237
12-11-2015, 10:39 PM
Be that as it may, their voice is very much being heard. Controversy/criticism can hurt business, especially when it is a perceived matter of prejudice/sexism. It's what gets stores that carry those items boycotted & so forth. Yeah, business comes first, but when mouthpieces can f*ck up that business, it's really more about politics, isn't it?

I really don't want to continue hashing this out with you. It's very clear we stand on two different sides of the issue. You're sure as hell not gonna convince me of anything.

Than what happen when Mortal Kombat 1 hit the stores, Nes took the blood out and Sega did keep it(With code) Sega out sold Nes by a large margin, and pretty much force there hand to keep the blood intact for MKII. Censured stuff has back fire in the past, and perhaps most gamers might like that close up lol.

controversy does sale though, and like it or not sex also sales.

Candy Kappa
12-12-2015, 04:05 AM
The moon landing was faked by those pesky SJW, you guys.

Bry
12-12-2015, 05:05 AM

Oh, it's all political. And like it or not, the so-called "anti-censorship" side is being every bit as political... possibly even moreso. Again, run that Google search, you'll find a ton of it -- they're making petitions and putting public pressure on the company to change their product back in order to suit their specific preferences. Just because their politics represent something you seem to agree with doesn't make it any different. Everything you just said applies every bit as much to that "side".

Whether or not you believe them or agree with it, Capcom made the decision and they seem to stand by it. And they're under way more pressure from the "anti-censorship" mouthpieces than anyone else right now and haven't changed their minds there, so make of that what you will.

That much is very clear. ;) I've said my piece and don't plan on spending my day running in circles.

:lol:

All hail our Reptiloid SJW Illuminati overlords!!

Prowler
12-12-2015, 07:25 AM
Yeah. And video games were created by the privileged cis-gendered straight white male in order to oppress women and minorities through rape culture in games like GTA and white supremacy in games like Legend of Zelda.

turtlefanforever
12-12-2015, 08:05 AM
We already have two (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=50286) SFV (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53212) topics, mate.

And you thought this didn't deserve it's own thread :tlol:

Peanut
12-12-2015, 09:06 AM
It didn't, because just look at the absolute nonsense in here now!

This thread has already changed my perspective on so many people.

Candy Kappa
12-12-2015, 09:07 AM
Yeah. And video games were created by the privileged cis-gendered straight white male in order to oppress women and minorities through rape culture in games like GTA and white supremacy in games like Legend of Zelda.

It all began with the cathode ray tube amusement device and and now it'll end with no longer having the camera focusing on Mika's cheeks.

Papenbrook
12-12-2015, 09:21 AM
Can one of the mods close this thread? It's getting ridiculous.

Bry
12-12-2015, 02:03 PM

It started ridiculous.

Candy Kappa
12-12-2015, 02:42 PM
And it'll end ridiculous. As deserved :P

turtlefanforever
12-12-2015, 05:30 PM

The people of this thread will not stand for your oppression!

Papenbrook
12-12-2015, 06:24 PM
The people of this thread will not stand for your oppression!

Wha-What oppression?! I just said that the thread needed to be closed.

turtle1237
12-12-2015, 07:24 PM
the people of this thread will not stand for your oppression!

freeeedommmm.

Leo656
12-13-2015, 03:18 AM
Wha-What oppression?! I just said that the thread needed to be closed.

Maybe not "oppression" but you do always try and police what people talk about and there are Staff for that. It's entirely possible to simply voice your displeasure with a conversation and move on - or stay out of it entirely if the topic makes you uncomfortable - without making everyone else stop talking entirely. It's not your place to do that.

I think I've said this elsewhere, but if the Mods want to close a thread they will. Otherwise, let people talk.

Papenbrook
12-13-2015, 06:55 AM
Maybe not "oppression" but you do always try and police what people talk about and there are Staff for that. It's entirely possible to simply voice your displeasure with a conversation and move on - or stay out of it entirely if the topic makes you uncomfortable - without making everyone else stop talking entirely. It's not your place to do that.

I think I've said this elsewhere, but if the Mods want to close a thread they will. Otherwise, let people talk.

The same could be said for you.

Leo656
12-13-2015, 06:56 AM
Don't start, kid.

I'm the one who says people here should be allowed to say whatever they want. You're the one who says nobody should be allowed to say anything "mean". I advocate total freedom while you champion censoring people. If I had my way, this place wouldn't even have Moderators, or at least they'd only be necessary for the most severe infractions, while you go on and on about "People shouldn't be allowed to say (____)! That's mean!" :roll:

We're nothing at all alike. So, no, the same CAN'T be said. At all.

GoldMutant
12-13-2015, 07:39 AM
Extremely silly thread is silly. :lol: No point, nothing of notable instance, not an important issue to cover. If you want the slap, then play an older Street Fighter game, nothing too big to complain on the game.

Also, PK/Papenbrook, yes you've done this several times now. If you have such a problem with the topic:
Then leave the topic.

If you can't stand the fighting or continuously find stupid flaws in Ninja Turtles, then stay off the Drome for a while. Sucking up to the mods to do something you want when in the minority is going to get you nowhere (as much as I don't want to say that). If it annoys you, just ignore it and move on, nobody's asking for you to post in every topic.

Sumac
12-13-2015, 07:47 AM
Fighting games have always been aimed at teenagers, ones mainly looking for violence and sex appeal. That's the whole reason Mortal Kombat exploded in popularity in the 90's, and why the Dead or Alive franchise gets volleyball spinoff's.

Soul Calibur does the same thing with Taki's skin tight outfit and Ivy's breasts are so large now you wonder how she can hold herself up.
As expected from someone like you. :lol:

The fact that they do this stuff doesn't mean that it should be that way. I am not against fanservice, but some times there is too much of it like in Soul Calibur IV.
As a reminder, such fanservice panders mostly to immature teenagers, which in turn can influence and lead to vitriol and pathetic hatred of any attempts to call for more respectful presentation of women in gaming.

Powder
12-13-2015, 07:48 AM
Bry & I argued without slinging insults or getting hostile so I don't see the harm. :tlol:

Leo656
12-13-2015, 08:00 AM
Bry & I argued without slinging insults or getting hostile so I don't see the harm. :tlol:

For real though.

Turo602
12-13-2015, 08:19 AM
As expected from someone like you. :lol:

The fact that they do this stuff doesn't mean that it should be that way. I am not against fanservice, but some times there is too much of it like in Soul Calibur IV.
As a reminder, such fanservice panders mostly to immature teenagers, which in turn can influence and lead to vitriol and pathetic hatred of any attempts to call for more respectful presentation of women in gaming.

It's stupid to single out specific over sexualized female characters in gaming and pretend as if all women in video games are portrayed that way. Any one or dozen characters isn't a statement about an entire gender, race, or species. Just because a women is portrayed as "sexy" doesn't mean she isn't a respectable female character. Plenty of unrealistically proportioned macho men exist in gaming yet it's not considered an issue nor do people call for more respectful presentation of men in gaming.

Prowler
12-13-2015, 08:41 AM
It's stupid to single out specific over sexualized female characters in gaming and pretend as if all women in video games are portrayed that way. Any one or dozen characters isn't a statement about an entire gender, race, or species. Just because a women is portrayed as "sexy" doesn't mean she isn't a respectable female character. Plenty of unrealistically proportioned macho men exist in gaming yet it's not considered an issue nor do people call for more respectful presentation of men in gaming.
Yea, I don't see men up in arms whenever female manga authors draw every male in their shoujo/josei manga as androgeneous looking bishounens for the girls to drool over.

If you're gonna ask someone to draw a character of the opposite gender, you can't really blame them for taking into consideration what they find attractive in the opposite gender. I mean, video games, comics and such are meant to be escapism and they're fantasy worlds. It would be wrong for there not to be good looking chicks in such worlds, imo. :lol:

Kingoji
12-13-2015, 08:52 AM
If the Japanese release maintains the slap, then it's censorship. Dunno if it does, just putting it out there.

Bry
12-13-2015, 10:52 AM
If the Japanese release maintains the slap, then it's censorship. Dunno if it does, just putting it out there.

It's only censorship if someone else, like the government or some sort of legal authority, forces them to change their content. If it's Capcom's decision, like they've stated it is, then it's not censorship. You can call that self-censorship if you like, but that's not being imposed on them by a third party or an official, it's entirely their choice. It's their property and they have full right to do whatever they choose to with it.

The term "censorship" gets tossed around way too casually about issues like these. Even if online commentary/criticism played a role in Capcom's decision -- and note the keyword if, because the producer has stated that it didn't -- that's still not censorship. No matter how loud they are, critics have no actual power to censor anyone.

Beyond that, all this comes down to is one "side's" preferences over another's. Not a battle between "right and wrong" or "good guys and bad guys" or "free speech and censorship" -- just opinions, which are completely subjective and not worth freaking out over in this case, IMO.

Kingoji
12-13-2015, 12:07 PM
Fair point. I would amend my statement to say "edited content", but that would have been too obvious to have stated in the first place.

Bry
12-13-2015, 12:48 PM
Fair point. I would amend my statement to say "edited content", but that would have been too obvious to have stated in the first place.

Cool. Didn't mean to assume that you didn't realize that, and it wasn't really a direct reply, necessarily -- just kind of a "launching off" point to talk about something I've seen a lot of. :)

Candy Kappa
12-13-2015, 12:58 PM
Instead of looking up conspiracy theories, maybe it has something to do with the rating going from Mature to Teen thanks to the minor edits?

But, Nah. Dem feminists ruins mah game! :lol:

Powder
12-13-2015, 01:06 PM
Imagine if you just kinda accepted the difference of opinion rather than making funny comments.

Candy Kappa
12-13-2015, 01:10 PM
No, sure I accept the absolute nonsense of blaming SJW, feminists and Anita Sarkeesian to have a finger in Capcom editing the camera angles to bump SFV from Mature rating to Teen rating.

In just being equally silly back, that's all.

Powder
12-13-2015, 01:12 PM
Nonsense, silly, these are not words respectfully directed at one whose POV you don't share. Take some cues from Bry next time.

Literally all you've done is chime in with smart ass comments.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-13-2015, 01:38 PM
Why the hell did nobody tell me the Social Justice Warriors were on this thread!?

Leo656 versus Papenbrook is a throwdown I will absolutely pay for front-row seats to watch. Dammit, I'll jump over the ropes and tackle the referee!

In tribute to the fallen butt-cheek-slap, I say we bring back Official Technodrome Booty Sigs.

WHAT SAY YOU!?

Candy Kappa
12-13-2015, 01:43 PM
alright. I might have overdone my comments. But come one, have you not read the other comments?

Blaming SJW for swaying Capcom to change the camera angle on Mika's butt taunt is as ridiculous as claiming the moon landing was faked. If someone is to "blame" it's ESRB for their rating system or Capcom for altering the camera angle. The butt slap is still there, the fetish costume is still there.

If a edited camera angle and a changed leg split is the bare minimum to change a rating from Mature to Teen, why not.

Powder
12-13-2015, 01:52 PM
I'm not 100% convinced that's they're responsible, I just think there's a reasonable chance that their comments or potential for backlash was a part of what brought Capcom to their decision, given that has recently been the case with other things in the industry. I don't feel it's ridiculous to have those thoughts, as they aren't entirely baseless. & I'm not here judging you guys for not even accepting the possibility of their influence... We're all free to think what we want, no?

Frankly, I wonder about the moon landings, too. :tlol:

The booty is very serious business, you know.

Candy Kappa
12-13-2015, 02:10 PM
The booty is always serious business, sadly only the boob physics have been... Perfected :lol:

Allio
12-13-2015, 03:02 PM
The booty is always serious business, sadly only the boob physics have been... Perfected :lol:

too be fair; no matter if you are a guy or girl; gay or straight. Everyone can respect a nice ass.

Candy Kappa
12-13-2015, 03:13 PM
I can agree on that.

Sumac
12-19-2015, 07:46 AM
Just because a women is portrayed as "sexy" doesn't mean she isn't a respectable female character. Plenty of unrealistically proportioned macho men exist in gaming yet it's not considered an issue nor do people call for more respectful presentation of men in gaming.
There is a difference between "sexy" and "stupid fanservice".
And "macho man" does not belong in this discussion. At least, not in the same vein as "sexy women". There is a difference between "cheap fanservice" and "power fantasy".

If you're gonna ask someone to draw a character of the opposite gender, you can't really blame them for taking into consideration what they find attractive in the opposite gender. I mean, video games, comics and such are meant to be escapism and they're fantasy worlds. It would be wrong for there not to be good looking chicks in such worlds, imo. :lol:
Does not mean that you should go overt and stupid with this.

Imagine if you just kinda accepted the difference of opinion rather than making funny comments.
And once more, there is difference between "opinion" and "conspiracy theory nonsense".
And can't and won't respect nonsense, especially, even if it covered with "muh opinion must be respected".

Powder
12-19-2015, 08:06 AM
Waaaaaaah!

Spike Spiegel
12-19-2015, 12:46 PM
[To] be fair; no matter if you are a guy or girl; gay or straight. Everyone can respect a nice ass.

Precisely. It's something to be celebrated.

lsFpQZNHH6E

Jokes aside, I've been following SF for about 15 years now (both the games and comic books), and given R. Mika's moveset and previous appearances in other games, it doesn't seem out of character. I mean, this is someone who knocks people over by flinging herself at them ass-first. She's also supposed to be one of the most capable fighters in the game's universe, beating the ever loving crap out of the toughest male characters.

Whatever sex appeal the character has, it doesn't take away from the power she wields as a fighter. In a fighting game, that's what matters, right?
She should be able to dress or present herself however she wants.

Why slut-shame a fictional character?

chrisdude
12-19-2015, 06:58 PM
Sadly, many of the people talking about this stuff won't play the game, or ever care about the game. People will, from a distance, hear secondhand this-and-thats, and before you know it, it's all, "Yeah, I heard that game was sexist. It's got a little girl that twerks for money." It wouldn't matter if the makers of SF reasonably defended it.

turtle1237
12-19-2015, 07:05 PM
Every since Mika came out in Alpha, it was always her butt, from Butt slams, to yes even slapping her own butt when she miss a attack.

I think Capcom did the wrong thing when they remove the slap. That would be like removing Cammy's icon win pose.

oldmanwinters
12-23-2015, 09:34 PM
I'm kinda surprised this thread is still active. But... I'm kinda not surprised. :trolleye:

plastroncafe
12-23-2015, 09:54 PM
Am I too late for how this is really about ethics in videogame journalism?

turtlefanforever
02-27-2017, 06:40 PM
Have we really said all we needed to say?

TurtleTitan97
02-27-2017, 06:45 PM
The fact that no one posted in this thread since December till now should answer your question.

turtle1237
02-27-2017, 10:44 PM
Well I am shock to see this trend return.

Utrommaniac
02-27-2017, 10:47 PM
The fact that no one posted in this thread since December till now should answer your question.

December 2015 at that. There's nothing to add. Put the necronomicon away for a more worthy topic.

DarthRaphael
02-28-2017, 06:29 AM
Now closed.