PDA

View Full Version : Why is the movie name the same as an old videogame?

CyberCubed
12-10-2015, 02:18 PM
Out of the Shadows is an old Activision videogame from a few years ago. Why did they use the same name as the game?

Funnily enough, that game is the one that debuted "Turtle nostrils" and I wonder if the movie producers saw the game had noses for the Turtles and tried to make a connection between it. Nothing ever before had Turtles noses so I wonder.

graphic_content
12-10-2015, 02:24 PM
I'm willing to bet that ppl who dont already know that game exists, will think it is the tie-in game for the upcoming movie.

TigerClaw
12-10-2015, 02:29 PM
Out of the Shadows is an old Activision videogame from a few years ago. Why did they use the same name as the game?

Funnily enough, that game is the one that debuted "Turtle nostrils" and I wonder if the movie producers saw the game had noses for the Turtles and tried to make a connection between it. Nothing ever before had Turtles noses so I wonder.
Maybe it's just a coincidence, plus when you look at the title, it has some meaning, The turtles step out of the shadows to save the world.

Autbot_Benz
12-10-2015, 02:31 PM
would you shut the **** up about the Nostrils cubed. I swear you have an obsession about them. Do you secretly enjoy looking at them when nobody is around or something?

discordiatookie
12-10-2015, 02:35 PM
I don't know, but I do know that its certainly a better title than 'Half Shell'.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-10-2015, 02:37 PM
I am actually glad they changed the subtitle, already used or not.

"Half Shell" was just idiotic. Either go with a subtitle that can make sense (TigerClaw's explanation is perfectly valid and also pretty obvious) or don't have a subtitle at all (e.g. Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3).

Candy Kappa
12-10-2015, 03:08 PM
I'd prefer something else then Out of the Shadows. Half-She'll was kinda fitting for what PD is doing anyway.

neatoman
12-10-2015, 03:56 PM
My guess? Out of the Shadows was a trademark they had laying around and since it was attached to a game nobody cared about, they figured they might as well put it on something that's more likely to sell so it won't go to waste.

Ninjinister
12-10-2015, 03:57 PM
"old"

"from a few years ago"

What is wrong with you?

Candy Kappa
12-10-2015, 04:19 PM
2013, it's like ancient in Cybercubed years.

sethmartin
12-10-2015, 04:22 PM
Because no matter what title they came up with, people would complain about it. So they just went with a title they knew would work. I don't know

ToTheNines
12-10-2015, 05:46 PM
Tough crowd. I understand that he gets on people's nerves, but y'all are in tar & feather mode.

Whatever, I'm enjoying it. Proceed.

Powder
12-10-2015, 06:19 PM
would you shut the **** up about the Nostrils cubed. I swear you have an obsession about them. Do you secretly enjoy looking at them when nobody is around or something?

C'mon, man, put that blobby thing inside your skull to good use. It's a bit. A routine. Shtick. Acknowledging it is only gonna incentivize it's future use, you know. :tlol:

I don't know, but I do know that its certainly a better title than 'Half Shell'.

Amen to that.

Sighphi
12-10-2015, 06:41 PM
The first movie came out in august of 2014.
This thing was mega rushed out. It's likely that they didnt feel like copyrighting a new name. So they just grabbed a title of something that they recently used.

CyberCubed
12-10-2015, 07:46 PM
"old"

"from a few years ago"

What is wrong with you?

We're 3 weeks away from being in the year 2016. The game came out back in the summer of 2013. That's nearly 3 years ago.

How is that NOT, "a few years ago?"

GoldMutant
12-10-2015, 07:48 PM
We're 3 weeks away from being in the year 2016. The game came out back in the summer of 2013. That's nearly 3 years ago.

How is that NOT, "a few years ago?"

You said the following, read it again:
Out of the Shadows is an old Activision videogame from a few years ago.

If you seriously think a few years ago qualifies as "old" that's completely false. :roll:It's not a new game by any means, but still kind of a recent installment in a way.

slingtheory
12-11-2015, 11:58 AM
If it has anything to do with the game I'm guessing that they heard it there and thought it sounded good enough to use. Since from the trailer it looks like the turtles might be becoming public figures in the movie I bet that's why they chose it.

Amaranthus
12-11-2015, 12:01 PM
C'mon, man, put that blobby thing inside your skull to good use. It's a bit. A routine. Shtick. Acknowledging it is only gonna incentivize it's future use, you know. :tlol:

Spill the beans, Powder. is Everything Cubed does a shtick? Because it'd make me a lot less uncomfortable reading the Supergirl thread.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-11-2015, 12:18 PM
Spill the beans, Powder. is Everything Cubed does a shtick? Because it'd make me a lot less uncomfortable reading the Supergirl thread.

You DARE question the savior of the Technodrome? He Who Has Been Blessed By Krang The Creator!?

For your insolence, you shall burn in the Disintegrator Unit for all eternity!!!

Powder
12-11-2015, 05:05 PM

My personal opinion? Mostly, yes. When he expresses a love for something (like Mirage comics) you can tell it's genuine, & he's offered plenty of sensible insight over the years, but much of it is a gag. Can't blame him, these boards are way too easy. :tlol:

sdp
12-11-2015, 06:14 PM
Cybercubed is self-aware of his posts, it's a form of subtle recurring trolling and yet expressing his opinions at the same time. it's really an art to behold.

As far as the title goes the people making the movie have no idea what this old mediocre game even is or exists. And yes 3 years ago is indeed an old game, the gaming industry moves much faster than others. As far as the title, I don't like it, it sounds like an old generic GameBoy TMNT game and I personally prefer Half-Shell. OOTS is just as stupid as Half-Shell but even more so since it seems like it's trying to be serious about it. As to why they chose it probably because in this movie the turtles reveal to the world that they exist as seen in the trailer.