PDA

View Full Version : MichelleIvey's TMNT 2016 trailer review

LeotheLateBloomer
12-11-2015, 06:50 AM
ryyH88NsNeE

Michelle Ivey gives her thoughts on the trailer for the new movie.

LOL at the fool in the comments saying "As for people who didn't like the movie I don't mind debating ya but here's a warning: You're going to lose".:lol::lol::lol:

Redeemer
12-11-2015, 08:04 AM
ryyH88NsNeE

Michelle Ivey gives her thoughts on the trailer for the new movie.

LOL at the fool in the comments saying "As for people who didn't like the movie I don't mind debating ya but here's a warning: You're going to lose".:lol::lol::lol:

This is so horrible lol

Her biggest grip with the movie is the fact they left splinter alone. Claiming the turtles have never done that before lol
I have no respect for her as a turtles fan. Her entire problem with the movie is flawed.

-TMNT left splinter alone in Return to New York in the original Mirage arc when He was injured. He was literally dying.

-Splinter was also left alone after being injured in battle when fighting shredder in the 2k3 show.

Her entire argument is flawed on this premise. I am sure she is a TMNT fan but her premise is flawed.

graphic_content
12-11-2015, 10:37 AM
I couldnt sit through 15 minutes of that...turned it off at about 90 seconds in.

Galactus
12-11-2015, 11:46 AM
Her biggest grip with the movie is the fact they left splinter alone. Claiming the turtles have never done that before lol
I have no respect for her as a turtles fan. Her entire problem with the movie is flawed.

To be honest Raphael just leaving Splinter is a flaw - I wouldn't say a film breaking flaw but his father is dying and he leaves him in a place where the villains are aware of?

They could have taken Splinter to Abby Elliot's character, they could have at least put him in another place where the Foot didn't know but he just leaves him there.

-TMNT left splinter alone in Return to New York in the original Mirage arc when He was injured. He was literally dying.

Wait wha???

Did you just invent a story point to Mirage's Return to New York? Splinter was strangely not even in that story let alone injured or dying.

-Splinter was also left alone after being injured in battle when fighting shredder in the 2k3 show.

He was injured but hardly dying and it was in the heat of battle.

DarkLightDragon
12-11-2015, 12:03 PM
^Plus he got thrown out, via crashing through glass window, of a freakin building that was practically 20+ stories above ground. Even if you don't hit the pavement, you're not getting out of that unscathed.

And yes, I too, don't recall ever mentioning or implying he was injured in the Mirage version of Return to New York to explain his absence in that arc or even if he required attentive care at any time they were up in Northampton.

plastroncafe
12-11-2015, 12:24 PM
I haven't read Return to New York in far too long a time, but what I remember of it....weren't April and Casey also still in NoHo?

Amaranthus
12-11-2015, 12:30 PM
"I saw it 5 times at the theatre. Would have seen it more if my family hadn't gone to emergency."
LDwFCoj-0js

Bry
12-11-2015, 01:13 PM
I mean, listen. I hate the movie as much as anyone who hates the movie. I've gone to the Order of the Bay-Haters Society meetings and learned the secret handshake and everything. But if you paid to see the movie five times, bought the Blu-ray, the toys, and a whole bunch of collector's merchandise... I dunno, maybe you should give up your right to complain? Just a bit?

That's probably my #1 fandom pet peeve -- the people who say "I don't care for this product" and then immediately throw hundreds of dollars at it.

graphic_content
12-11-2015, 01:28 PM
I mean, listen. I hate the movie as much as anyone who hates the movie. I've gone to the Order of the Bay-Haters Society meetings and learned the secret handshake and everything. But if you paid to see the movie five times, bought the Blu-ray, the toys, and a whole bunch of collector's merchandise... I dunno, maybe you should give up your right to complain? Just a bit?

That's probably my #1 fandom pet peeve -- the people who say "I don't care for this product" and then immediately throw hundreds of dollars at it.

you have to remember that this was the woman featured on MTV for being a super fan of the Turtles - - I believe she said at one point she wanted to own a space and turn it into a TMNT museum; but I agree with your sentiment tho, as fans with no voice, we have to vote with our dollars.

Mew
12-11-2015, 02:31 PM
This video was more of a pain to watch than the first movie.

But I like the first movie.

Etsyturtle2
12-11-2015, 02:59 PM
:thumbsdo: I hated that so much. There's the splinter thing, which was stupid, but she sounded like 7 year old who knows bid
G words. She's so passionate, she should be the pastor at a tmnt church.

Technogeek29
12-11-2015, 03:13 PM
Turtles never left Splinter alone? Which part of TMNT lore have you been watching? I don't doubt she is a fan but I think she has some details mixed up.

graphic_content
12-11-2015, 03:46 PM
can someone please explain to me why this woman's reaction video got its own thread?

I've attempted to watch several of her videos, recognizing that she is very obviously a big turtle fan, but for the most part she just rambles with little cohesion, its like listening to my child talk about dinosaurs. Its very clear he knows a ton of stuff, but cannot form coherent statements to express his knowledge properly, but he's 4, and this woman's in her 40s.

*sorry, I just ranted about a hating someone else's rant, hypocritical, I realize.*

HERE ARE BETTER OPTIONS:
5IzalRWsP54
-LfUBGEdM_s

TigerClaw
12-11-2015, 03:58 PM
can someone please explain to me why this woman's reaction video got its own thread?

I've attempted to watch several of her videos, recognizing that she is very obviously a big turtle fan, but for the most part she just rambles with little cohesion, its like listening to my child talk about dinosaurs. Its very clear he knows a ton of stuff, but cannot form coherent statements to express his knowledge properly, but he's 4, and this woman's in her 40s.

*sorry, I just ranted about a hating someone else's rant, hypocritical, I realize.*

HERE ARE BETTER OPTIONS:
5IzalRWsP54
-LfUBGEdM_s
I would also like to add Jeremy Jahns review of the TMNT 2 trailer, he even acknowledges Black Nerd when talking about Baxter Stockman.

1wrYUHYrm70

Powder
12-11-2015, 06:01 PM
Who cares?

sethmartin
12-11-2015, 07:32 PM
Black Nerd's review was the best in my opinion. I agree with him! I feel like the "slap" is still coming

snake
12-11-2015, 09:38 PM
I still have no idea why this woman is hailed as god of tmnt fans. Honestly, black "sucked a dick at nick" nerd is better and he is every viral marketers dream.

Etsyturtle2
12-11-2015, 09:55 PM
I still have no idea why this woman is hailed as god of tmnt fans. Honestly, black "sucked a dick at nick" nerd is better and he is every viral marketers dream.

Hm. I never knew he was gay.

graphic_content
12-11-2015, 10:20 PM

"There's only one God [man], and I'm pretty sure He [doesn't look like her]."

see what I did there? :D

I personally think Black Nerd Comedy is hilarious and offers actual food for thought.

The irony of this woman's popularity is that is started with her segment on an MTV show designed to mock super-fans.

snake
12-11-2015, 10:23 PM
Hm. I never knew he was gay.

He's straight, but how do you think he got in all those tmnt panels and exclusive access stuff, eh? ;)

Etsyturtle2
12-11-2015, 10:28 PM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/149OV/well-damn/image.png

Roseangelo
12-11-2015, 10:31 PM
The irony of this woman's notoriety is that is started with her segment on an MTV show designed to mock super-fans.

Fixed that for you.

graphic_content
12-12-2015, 12:04 AM
Fixed that for you.

lol, thanks :D

I take it you aren't a fan of hers?

Commenter 42
12-12-2015, 12:12 AM
Um, isn't she on this board? Being the superfan that she is, I assumed she'd be one of y'all.

Roseangelo
12-12-2015, 12:12 AM
lol, thanks :D

I take it you aren't a fan of hers?

Ex-friend. For reasons.

Um, isn't she on this board? Being the superfan that she is, I assumed she'd be one of y'all.

She only posts about herself.

Commenter 42
12-12-2015, 12:14 AM
She only posts about herself.

Still, kind of a harsh thread, no? I don't know the girl, but damn...

TheJ-manTurtleMan
12-12-2015, 01:51 AM
Still, kind of a harsh thread, no? I don't know the girl, but damn...

I don't mean to be harsh either but, do you follow her on any social media sites? She's always asking for money to help support her family or her illness, which is fine I guess, yet she has probably thousands of dollars invested in TMNT merchandise. Call me old fashioned but that just doesn't sit well with me.

CyberCubed
12-12-2015, 02:37 AM
This thread needs to be locked. Really.

Etsyturtle2
12-12-2015, 07:28 AM

How did I know...

plastroncafe
12-12-2015, 09:26 AM
I don't mean to be harsh either but, do you follow her on any social media sites? She's always asking for money to help support her family or her illness, which is fine I guess, yet she has probably thousands of dollars invested in TMNT merchandise. Call me old fashioned but that just doesn't sit well with me.

You're assuming that she isn't gifted a whole lot of the stuff she gets.
Michelle is the BNF of Turtles Fandom. That comes with perks.

Jester
12-12-2015, 09:30 AM

I....agree....

Dang...