PDA

View Full Version : Who's the character to turn PDMT around

turtlefanforever
12-14-2015, 08:14 AM
there's one character missing to turn BayTurtles movies around. Who is it?

Powder
12-14-2015, 08:47 AM
In my opinion they're too flawed to be fixed by the mere inclusion of a certain person/creature. Granted, Bebop & Rocksteady are helping to make the sequel more appealing, but I don't necessarily think small improvements are turning things around entirely. I thought Casey Jones would do wonders for them but they've completely neutered the character, so I'm fairly sure right off the bat that it will not only not make things better, but hinder it further.

If we could go back & tinker with the first one a little bit? Having the Hamato Yoshi/Oroku Saki origin in place would be a big help, & those are two characters that were never referred to or seen (you could count the bald Shredder character but that namesake was not used so it's kinda up in the air).

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-14-2015, 09:00 AM
Cudley the Cowlick. Duh. :trolleye:

TigerClaw
12-14-2015, 09:37 AM
TMNT has a huge roster of characters they can bring to live action, with Krang and the Technodrome possibly showing up in the 2nd one, maybe they can bring in Leatherhead for the 3rd.

Bry
12-14-2015, 09:45 AM
Yep, Hamato Yoshi and the Oroku Saki feud is the thing that kicks it off properly and makes it all work. You need that from the very beginning. But it's too late now -- they could try to retcon that into a sequel, I guess, but it'd be really forced and awkward. IMO, the foundation's been set already and can't be improved. Unfortunately.

Oh well. Better luck next reboot.

Panda_Kahn_fan
12-14-2015, 09:50 AM
Yep, Hamato Yoshi and the Oroku Saki feud is the thing that kicks it off properly and makes it all work. You need that from the very beginning. IMO, it's too late now -- they could try to retcon that into a sequel, I guess, but it'd be really forced and awkward. The foundation's already there and can';t be improved, unfortunately.

Oh well. Better luck next reboot.

I disagree totally. Since we're working from an IDW-like origin, the reincarnation angle could be worked into the second or third film as a revelation/flashback, and not be forced.

Character wise, Lets see the Tricertons for the third one, make them krang's foots soldiers, with the rock soldiers being his elite guard.

Shark_Blade
12-14-2015, 09:59 AM
Irma.

Then the OT tmnt based movies are complete. :D

graphic_content
12-14-2015, 10:36 AM
Hamato yoshi.

Panda_Kahn_fan
12-14-2015, 10:38 AM
Hamato yoshi.
This, 100% times 1,000!

TheJ-manTurtleMan
12-14-2015, 10:47 AM
If Eric Sacks is still in the movies, I can see him being mutated into a different character, possibly the Rat King.

graphic_content
12-14-2015, 10:59 AM
This, 100% times 1,000!

Still bothers me that they wrote him out.

If Eric Sacks is still in the movies, I can see him being mutated into a different character, possibly the Rat King.

I was hoping for that as well. If they do plan to keep him around, I think the Rat King would make total sense given his history with experimentation on Splinter himself. Plus the Turtles having to fight their own master in Movie-3 would be amazing.

plastroncafe
12-14-2015, 11:05 AM
Turn around? None I can think of.
Would be amusing to see: Ninjara or Alopex.
Or maybe Lucindra.

Panda_Kahn_fan
12-14-2015, 11:20 AM
Turn around? None I can think of.
Would be amusing to see: Ninjara or Alopex.
Or maybe Lucindra.

I'd LOVE to see Ninjara/Alopex, though Lucindra may be a problem, as Rick Arthur still owns her.

Redeemer
12-14-2015, 11:21 AM
In my opinion they're too flawed to be fixed by the mere inclusion of a certain person/creature. Granted, Bebop & Rocksteady are helping to make the sequel more appealing, but I don't necessarily think small improvements are turning things around entirely. I thought Casey Jones would do wonders for them but they've completely neutered the character, so I'm fairly sure right off the bat that it will not only not make things better, but hinder it further.

If we could go back & tinker with the first one a little bit? Having the Hamato Yoshi/Oroku Saki origin in place would be a big help, & those are two characters that were never referred to or seen (you could count the bald Shredder character but that namesake was not used so it's kinda up in the air).

Completely agree, the turtles and the entire trilogy its self is flawed on many fundamental aspects.

At least we will get some good jokes and what looks to be a decent movie

IndigoErth
12-14-2015, 11:50 AM
Irma.
Beat me to making that joke. :P

Really though, Yoshi obviously. How can you not have Yoshi in Turtles? It makes as much sense as a horror movie with no killer and/or monster.

If not that, uhh... I know, stop sidelining Leo in films, he can do it! He can save the day, and movie, and whole film industry!
Leo: Wait, what? :teek:

:P

GoldMutant
12-15-2015, 01:53 PM
Venus. ;)

In all seriousness, yeah the obvious thing is something involving Hamato Yoshi because of the stupidity. (even with his name on the book, screw that logic of the unmutated rat) The damage is done though, better luck next time.

TheJ-manTurtleMan
12-15-2015, 07:55 PM
I would love it if they had Klunk in these movies :twink:

Bry
12-15-2015, 10:09 PM
I disagree totally. Since we're working from an IDW-like origin, the reincarnation angle could be worked into the second or third film as a revelation/flashback, and not be forced.

Except the IDW series had that angle from the beginning. Suddenly opening that can of worms in a sequel would almost assuredly be awkward and forced and seem like it came out of nowhere. I suppose it's possible to introduce that after the fact in an effective way, but considering that these movies can barely get their bare-bones generic action movie plots to make sense, I wouldn't bet on it. :trazz:

Xav
12-15-2015, 10:14 PM
In all seriousness, yeah the obvious thing is something involving Hamato Yoshi because of the stupidity. (even with his name on the book, screw that logic of the unmutated rat) The damage is done though, better luck next time.Wait what book?

DarkLightDragon
12-16-2015, 07:21 AM
Wait what book?

The book in which they learned ninjitsu. The author is named as Hamato Yoshi.

Bry
12-16-2015, 07:50 AM
The book in which they learned ninjitsu. The author is named as Hamato Yoshi.

It's hard to make out (I adjusted the levels a bit here), but the book says "by Eastman & Laird".

http://40.media.tumblr.com/b7f058faef2acccf0de733a0de19918c/tumblr_nicw34lMDq1rqy25mo1_500.jpg

DarkLightDragon
12-16-2015, 08:18 AM
My mistake then.

LeotheLateBloomer
12-16-2015, 08:43 AM
It's hard to make out (I adjusted the levels a bit here), but the book says "by Eastman & Laird".

http://40.media.tumblr.com/b7f058faef2acccf0de733a0de19918c/tumblr_nicw34lMDq1rqy25mo1_500.jpg

That explains so much about their fighting style.:lol:

ProactiveMan
12-16-2015, 10:41 AM
Ivan Drago...

http://i.imgur.com/InsyMuA.jpg