PDA

View Full Version : Would you be ok if the 3rd PD movie was called "Mutant Turtles"

turtlefanforever
12-16-2015, 10:33 AM
From what i've read they are older in this second film coming out. At the end of their teenage years. So gonna have to drop the teenage from the title. "Mutant Ninja turtles" doesn't sound bad but they're too big a bulky and don't do much ninja like.

So how would you feel if the third Platinum Dunes film was called "Mutant Turtles" or "Mutant Turtles 3" ?

Powder
12-16-2015, 10:39 AM
It's not like it'd be their biggest offense, that's for sure. These guys aren't especially teenage or ninja like, after all... :tlol:

letscook89
12-16-2015, 10:42 AM
What an useless thread...

Bry
12-16-2015, 11:00 AM
...question seems pretty out-of-nowhere, but what the heck, I'll bite.

Yeah, man. Yeah! Go ahead. I'd actually love that. Just drop all pretence that they're making a TMNT adaptation, rather than Generic Bayhem Movie #46 awkwardly glommed on to a monetizable property. Get further and further from the source material. Run it into the ground as soon as possible. Please.

plastroncafe
12-16-2015, 11:18 AM
It wasn't really the name I had an issue with.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-16-2015, 11:43 AM

What she said.

Remember, though, TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) has been used as the title even in Mirage Volume 4--when the Turtles are in their EARLY 30'S.

My point being, any variation on Ninja Turtles, Mutant Ninja Turtles, whatever... they're gonna keep the name even if it's inaccurate.

TurtleTitan97
12-16-2015, 12:43 PM

What she said.

Remember, though, TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) has been used as the title even in Mirage Volume 4--when the Turtles are in their EARLY 30'S.

My point being, any variation on Ninja Turtles, Mutant Ninja Turtles, whatever... they're gonna keep the name even if it's inaccurate.

^ I agree on both accounts.

Candy Kappa
12-16-2015, 12:54 PM
Name's irrelevant. But playing along, maybe ditch "Turtles" too as they aren't exactly turtle looking with their sculpted abs and stick-on shells.

Mutants, that's fine.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-16-2015, 01:02 PM
Name's irrelevant. But playing along, maybe ditch "Turtles" too as they aren't exactly turtle looking with their sculpted abs and stick-on shells.

Mutants, that's fine.

Teenage Mutant Mutant Teenagers! Or, TMMT! It's so close to the original, you'll barely notice!!! :tcool:

TrickOrTreater
12-16-2015, 01:56 PM
Why not just ask if they could possibly sink any lower?

I'd probably say yes.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-16-2015, 02:03 PM
Why not just ask if they could possibly sink any lower?

I'd probably say yes.

Platinum Dunes is a black hole.

No matter how low they keep sinking into the gravity well, they'll NEVER hit the event horizon.

IndigoErth
12-16-2015, 03:58 PM
Eh, just make it "Ninja Turtles" like the first was originally intended. (And just improve the ninja-ness to match.) I had really thought the might have reverted back to the original shortened main title this time.

pennydreadful
12-16-2015, 04:04 PM
At this stage, titles are the least of our problems. Do whatever - they can't f*ck it up any worse than they already have. Go full Fred Wolf and have them showing up on a talk show. Later, when they're celebrities, Mikey can be hired to publicly endorse Victoria's Secret underwear, and bring the whole "leering at human women" thing to an unprecedented level of cringeworthy-ness.

ProactiveMan
12-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Twenty-something Action Reptiles! Now that's catchy.