PDA

View Full Version : These movies awesome on paper?

Panda_Kahn_fan
12-16-2015, 11:53 PM
Now think about it... Yes, the movie we got/are getting are of questionable quality on so many levels. But if you break this down to it's basic summary components, minus all the bad acting and plot holes and stupid writing, doesn't this sound like the TMNT movie series a lot of People would want to see?

-Movie one; Reporter April O' Neil is investigating a series of crime waves tied to the mysterious foot clan, and meets the Turtles after they save her. Shredder, who secretly funded the creation of the Ooze through a corrupt scientist named Eric Sacks seeks to capture the turtles and drain them of their blood to reclaim the ooze for his own sinister purposes. The Turtles will need April's help- her knowledge of the surface world, along with her resources as a reporter, to defeat Oroku Saki, his scientist lackey, and the evil foot clan.

-Movie two: The foot rescues shredder from a prison truck, and he uses the residual ooze left over that he had captured in the first movie to have his scientist Baxter Stockman Create two 'errand boys', the unstoppable mutants rocksteady and Bebop. The turtles race around the globe, battling the rhino and warthog for the pieces of an artifact that can open a portal to the dimension the ooze first came from, while April and new friend Casey Jones investigate the foot clan's actions back in New York. The Movie climaxes with the final defeat of Shredder and his two minions, but it's too late a the portal opens and several tetris-like chunks of Technology come flying through from dimesion X. The pieces assemble to form the tchnodrome, and Sacks returns to be revealed as the utrom warlord krang, having been using and manipulating shredder all along. The movie ends with the battle fortress loose in New York.

-Movie 3; Krang and his rock soldiers vs the Turtles, Casey, and whatever allies from both dimension X and from earth (Bishop, the Neutrinos, Triceritons, whoever else) in an all out war for New York city, with the fate of the world hanging in the balance.

In the right hands, these movies could've turned out AMAZING! Yes, I already know the acting, directing, and storytelling quality of what we got was lackluster, you don't need to repeat it. But these stories on paper, with a totally different creative team from top to bottom, solid writing and characterization, combined with good designs good casting and acting, and good creative decisions (Including Yoshi in the origin, foot as ninjas instead of paramilitary, more focus on the TMNT, etc.) this could've been something golden!

Etsyturtle2
12-17-2015, 04:14 AM
I love reading your stuff. It always sounds better, even though I'm a fan of the movie. This is great! But, I think the krang-sacks thing would seem a little strange..

Panda_Kahn_fan
12-17-2015, 09:16 AM
Thanks, that's why I try to do, pull positive scenarios out of stuff people don't like. And here, I'll even modify it further, take Sacks out of it altogether, and put Baxter in the first film.. have his mousers chew through the wall of the lair and make it collapse while shredder and the foot are attacking.. This scenario would make a good movie trilogy. This movie series works on paper, just not in execution.

massakre
12-17-2015, 09:26 AM
I think you're on to something here my friend.. to me, your guesses for movie 2 and 3 sound pretty darn plausible.

Powder
12-17-2015, 01:09 PM
Films a lot of people want to see? Yeah, I guess. Films I & many other hardcore turtle fans want? Eh.

turtlefanforever
12-17-2015, 02:18 PM
Now think about it... Yes, the movie we got/are getting are of questionable quality on so many levels. But if you break this down to it's basic summary components, minus all the bad acting and plot holes and stupid writing, .
!

Wow, so if we take out everything this movie could be great? That's some deep thinking.

Panda_Kahn_fan
12-18-2015, 09:43 AM
Wow, so if we take out everything this movie could be great? That's some deep thinking.

No, if you took the basic story and progression of events, the movies in summary, and rebuild them with better acting and designs and storytelling, you would come up with an AMAZING movie.

Panda_Kahn_fan
12-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Films a lot of people want to see? Yeah, I guess. Films I & many other hardcore turtle fans want? Eh.

Eh, I think several hardcore turtle fans would love these. Fans of certain versions of others? Yeah, I could see them not being happy.