PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Hyperstone Heist Baxter Stockman

DonatelloDomeHead31
12-21-2015, 08:38 AM
This came to me for a good boss discussion in the Hyperstone Heist Genesis game:

You face Baxter Stockman and his Mousers when you run The Gauntlet level correct?

A 50-50 debate, but...which would have been more difficult/easier?

Baxter the Fly? Or Baxter and his Mousers?

Given the story of the game, controls, etc?

I would go with the Mousers and his flying machine...not that difficult to defeat.

What do you all think?

Coola Yagami
01-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Assuming they'd use Turtles in Time Baxter, probably him since we was a bit annoying and would be hard to hit whenever he took to the air. The fight against his human form with the Mousers was basically a cakewalk and extra points for every Mouser you beat.

oldmanwinters
01-01-2016, 12:26 PM
I loved the Hyperstone throw-back to the original arcade game fight with the Baxter Mouser hovercraft. I get it was probably an easy programming shortcut for Konami, but it was fun to see. Since Hyperstone Heist felt so much like an anthology of TMNT levels, I think it would have been cool if Konami had released a 16-bit update of the NES Arcade game port. They could have even put Tatsu in the dojo level as a special bonus battle.

MikeandRaph87
01-01-2016, 12:28 PM
When fighting Baxter Stockman as a human in the flying machine the player does not even have to hit Baxter once. All you have to do is destroy enough mousers. A slightly more difficult Baxter the fly would be more of a threat.

Coola Yagami
01-01-2016, 12:48 PM
When fighting Baxter Stockman as a human in the flying machine the player does not even have to hit Baxter once. All you have to do is destroy enough mousers. A slightly more difficult Baxter the fly would be more of a threat.

Wait.... so Baxter just randomly blows up if you only attack enough Mousers?

oldmanwinters
01-01-2016, 01:13 PM

I did not know this!

MikeandRaph87
01-01-2016, 01:15 PM
Wait.... so Baxter just randomly blows up if you only attack enough Mousers?

Yes, in both games he appears as a human. When blowing up mousers you inevitably hit him a few times. Still I just take on the mousers to rack up kills until Baxter explodes on his own.

I encourage you to try it.

Coola Yagami
01-01-2016, 01:23 PM
Yes, in both games he appears as a human. When blowing up mousers you inevitably hit him a few times. Still I just take on the mousers to rack up kills until Baxter explodes on his own.

I encourage you to try it.

heh... Never knew that. But yeah, it is very difficult to NOT hit him a few times since he seems to purposely fly in your way. Personally I woulda sit back and let the Mousers handle the Turtles but I guess Baxter just wanted a close up view of the action. And this also works for Hyperstone Heist an the NES version?

MikeandRaph87
01-01-2016, 01:30 PM
heh... Never knew that. But yeah, it is very difficult to NOT hit him a few times since he seems to purposely fly in your way. Personally I woulda sit back and let the Mousers handle the Turtles but I guess Baxter just wanted a close up view of the action. And this also works for Hyperstone Heist an the NES version?

Yes. Its the same sprite and both games so the same result.

oldmanwinters
01-01-2016, 10:21 PM
I guess it makes sense to put a cap on the number of Mouser kills a player could get to try and spam extra lives the hard way.

MikeandRaph87
01-01-2016, 10:52 PM
I guess it makes sense to put a cap on the number of Mouser kills a player could get to try and spam extra lives the hard way.

That is likely the reason for him blowing up without giving him the final blow. On the NES game I think it caps at 80. I knew I would have trouble in the snowy NYC scene with Torra so I would smash enough mousers to have at least a 1 and 0 lives to go through to continue to advance. Besides its more fun blowing those things up than hitting Baxter's flying machine. He is easier than Rocksteady especially if one player holds off the mousers while a second player jump kicks Baxter to death.

Nelson
01-24-2016, 07:30 PM
When fighting Baxter Stockman as a human in the flying machine the player does not even have to hit Baxter once. All you have to do is destroy enough mousers.

What tha heeeeeeell???!!!

CyberCubed
01-24-2016, 08:36 PM
I need proof of that too. Someone upload to youtube

shuriken
01-24-2016, 10:46 PM
^^ I agree with CUbed.
Either way gonna have to try it when I go back to Chicago.

Powder
01-24-2016, 10:59 PM
Emulators are a thing, guys. You can find out in mere minutes. :trazz:

Prowler
01-24-2016, 11:31 PM
Can you beat him that way in the 1989 arcade game too?

MikeandRaph87
01-24-2016, 11:36 PM

I only know from the Battle Nexus Bonus and the original NES port. The Arcade? I don't know. I always focused on racking up kills so I could get to 400 before Tora decimated me.

chewy
08-27-2016, 10:04 PM

Yes! I've done it twice tonight. Check the vid below (sorry for terrible quality; playing on TV with Xbox 360). I started at a score of 194 without losing a life, and Baxter just flies off when i hit 239. I was able to replicate with Raph too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE2VeyiMSJ0

oldmanwinters
08-27-2016, 10:11 PM
In a rush to meet Shredder's deadline, Baxter didn't bother to address his hovercraft's overheating problem.

Nelson
08-29-2016, 04:33 AM
Yes! I've done it twice tonight. Check the vid below (sorry for terrible quality; playing on TV with Xbox 360). I started at a score of 194 without losing a life, and Baxter just flies off when i hit 239. I was able to replicate with Raph too.

Thanks for the video! It's so mindblowing to discover new things about this game so many years later.

Prowler
08-31-2016, 02:20 PM

Pretty cool.

Although I really find it fun to jump attack Baxter in the Arcade game.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-31-2016, 02:29 PM
In a rush to meet Shredder's deadline, Baxter didn't bother to address his hovercraft's overheating problem.

:tlol: Good one!