PDA

View Full Version : Rare Replay

LeotheLateBloomer
12-24-2015, 09:27 AM
Has anyone played or purchased Rare Replay? I'm currently playing it at my buddy's house and it's pretty fun having to play a lot of these games I haven't played before. Though some of them are pretty lackluster *cough*Grabbed by the Ghouls*cough*.

sdp
12-24-2015, 01:59 PM
If I had an XBONE I'd get it without a question. How are the 360 remakes of Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie and Perfect Dark? I dont remember reading any reviews of them, just that I didn't like the new voice actors for Perfect Dark.

I have been watching the Rare Revealed/Replay videos on youtube though that you can unlock in this game and they're very interesting and makes you wonder what ever happened to Rare after Microsoft bought them. I don't believe the theories that they were already turning bad which is why Nintendo sold them. I like more the theory that Nintendo helped them out a bit with their suggestions.

In those videos it was really cool to see Project Dream for the SNES, that game would've blowed my mind back in the 90s. The Crash Bandicoot style Banjo Kazooie game was pretty neat too, I would've loved to have played that version as well even if we did get the better idea. And from what I've seen from youtube videos Nutz and Boltz looks fairly fun, was it unjustifiably hated because it didn't look like the N64 Banjo's? Even the humor is spot on. I don't know this collection made me realize that I miss Rare and they haven't been replaced, the industry is still missing something without them.

TheBlueTurtle1
12-25-2015, 03:54 AM
It's one of the best games ever.

matteso586
12-25-2015, 08:28 AM
I like the opening number.

Mayhem
12-26-2015, 04:25 AM
Rare Replay is excellent, having tried it out on a XB1 (don't own one yet).

I'm fascinated to see the reaction from non-UK games players for all the early titles that we got that you would never have seen before :D

(some have aged better than others admittedly)

And a couple of landmark moments in videogames. Knight Lore wasn't the first isometric game, but it was the first proper interactive environment, arcade adventure game in the world. Atic Atac and Sabre Wulf, time to get your mapping skills working (or thanks to the internet, you can access maps for the game online to help hah hah, unlike us when the games originally came out!). People don't make games like that any more, gamers expect maps to be produced for them as they explore :P