PDA

View Full Version : False Credit For 4Kids Designs?

Powder
12-24-2015, 03:39 PM
Just wanna be sure, this person definitely had no part in any official TMNT projects, correct? I can't see how they could have. While not entirely 4kids related, the bulk of it is, so I placed it here.

http://tmntcomicsart.deviantart.com/gallery/57123955/Official-TMNT-concept-art-and-designs

They seem to be trying very hard to convince people they worked on the 4kids series, though it seems to me quite the opposite. For one thing, the dates on their pieces are off (like concept art for the turtles being dated 2003 when the actual designs were done well over a year in advance, SAINW Leo dated 2003 when that episode wasn't even an idea yet, & BTTS stuff being dated 2009 when those designs came about in late '07 & early '08 respectively). They claim to have worked alongside Kevin Eastman on the series, which is obviously bullsh*t as we all know he sold off his rights to the property years prior & had absolutely nothing to do with its development.

Then there's a heavily edited piece of Nick series promo art that they claim they did the original sketch for (which has to be nonsense because Andy Suriano has been contracted with exclusivity [to my knowledge] for the purpose of creating marketing & merchandise art) & they also say they came up with Donnie's new gear in Bayturtles 2 (which one would assume was Jared Krichevsky's gig, given he did them the first time around). All that & more aside, frankly, their work is flawed to the core. Anatomy, perspective, proportions, all fundamentals go ignored. Nobody with chops like that would be hired at an animation studio, let alone any other design oriented branch of a license holder's company. Surely...

Any chance I've somehow missed this person's credentials? Smells fishier than Merdude's tail, if you ask me.

Sabacooza
12-24-2015, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I've conversed with this person on Deviantart before. Whenever they mentioned anything about working on the movie, I just ignored them because it's obvious they have not. I don't know what people hope to gain by making stuff up. Just be real.

Candy Kappa
12-24-2015, 04:42 PM
Seems suspicious as hell, especially when the art isn't up to snuff nor even remotely looks like 4Kids or even the earlier WB stuff.

CyberCubed
12-24-2015, 04:58 PM
The designs for the 4kids Turtles were done in 2002. Remember the show debuted in February 2003, which means the designs and everything had to have been done at least a year before that.

Leonardo87
12-24-2015, 07:47 PM
It's just some young kid trying to lure others to convince them that he is a concept TMNT artist. Apparently it got some people hooked, lined, and sinker.

TheSkeletonMan939
12-24-2015, 08:07 PM
It looks like someone with a shaky hand did those drawings from memory. The claims are laughable.

If this 'artist' indeed did indeed work with 4Kids, then it's a shame that the show was tainted by his involvement.

Powder
12-24-2015, 08:13 PM
Considering they've hidden every single comment I left crediting the original artists/designers, addressing the timelines, Kevin's involvement, etc, there's no way in hell they're affiliated with anything official.

EDIT: They have redacted all claims of affiliation & made a journal telling the truth. At least they were cool about it.

Gunstar_Red
12-26-2015, 05:42 PM
It's these types of fans in fandoms who make me feel all crawly. They make all sorts of outrageous lies to fill in the emptiness and disappointment they have in their life to a point that sometimes the only one believing it is themselves. It's sad, really.

TheSkeletonMan939
12-26-2015, 05:56 PM
"Oops! The page you were looking for doesn't exist."

Guess he took it down.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-26-2015, 06:10 PM
Way to go, Powder! Thanks for keeping that schmuck honest!

<high five>

tmnt transformer
12-26-2015, 08:40 PM
This sort of thing seems to be happening a lot don't it? I've seen other people completely copy art from the original artist, and claiming it as their own.

Turtle Park
12-26-2015, 08:44 PM
"Oops! The page you were looking for doesn't exist."

Guess he took it down.

Or...it still there.
http://tmntcomicsart.deviantart.com/

ProactiveMan
12-27-2015, 09:34 AM
How bizarre. What a tangled web we weave...