PDA

View Full Version : Do the turtles have a tail? (2014 movie)

Shark_Blade
12-27-2015, 06:30 AM
... or is it something else dangling beneath Leo down there?

http://i.imgur.com/kxCGst3.gif

[Found this on tumblr btw].

Okay I just quickly rewatched some scenes (first encounter, the hachi punishment and climax free-fall to save April scenes) and couldn't find a tail. Either it's extremely well hidden or there's no tail at all... :fshifty: :lol:

MsMarvelDuckie
12-27-2015, 06:57 AM
Hard to tell but it could be a tail.

Sabacooza
12-27-2015, 07:51 AM
Good observation. The area that dangles just below the front loincloth piece seems to snap back into place a little more than the other pieces giving it a more fleshy and rubbery characteristic. It could be nothing though. Pretty hard to tell. Maybe we'll get some better shots in the 2nd movie.

Amaranthus
12-27-2015, 07:59 AM
It's his big fat turtledick.

Foombamaroom
12-27-2015, 08:07 AM
It's his big fat turtledick.

^I honestly agree. I could see Bay making a Turtle dick joke.

However, if it is the tail, I'm surprised it isn't overdone. The way I envisioned the tail going is Bay watching one of the movies from the Alien franchise, seeing the Xenomorphs use their tail, and then call up one of his producers like, "Hey, Turtles got tails, right?"
"Yeah."
"Okay, put these suckers on them."

MsMarvelDuckie
12-27-2015, 08:10 AM
Stay classy, Am. If it IS a tail, it would be the first time they've ever had one in the movies or cartoons. Kind of cool if true! It might also explain why they wear the pants or other stuff- could be to hide/protect their vulnerable tails?

Candy Kappa
12-27-2015, 10:56 AM
Probably not.

MsMarvelDuckie
12-27-2015, 01:45 PM
Why not? If this version is supposed to be more "realistic" they might actually still have them. And that certainly LOOKS suspiciously like a tail in that clip.

Etsyturtle2
12-27-2015, 02:20 PM
arent turtle dicks IN the tails? At least some?

Candy Kappa
12-27-2015, 02:22 PM
for someone who made them more "realistic" by halving their shell, I doubt they modeled a tail on them, especially when the majority of that area is obscured by cloth and other items and be a excess for render time. And leave more work to hand animation since you can't mo-cap a tail that isn't there on the actors, or be animated by the same principles cloth are simulated which would take more work space for rendering for something that isn't seen anyway.

Plus something is off by the animation if it's supposed to be a tail.

Unless confirmed by better pictures then a vague shape in the shadows, or by leaked CG files, I doubt these guys have tails

arent turtle dicks IN the tails? At least some?

A turtle's cloaca is located at the tail, for males it's further out, while on females it's closer to the base. It's not inside the tail.

IndigoErth
12-27-2015, 02:30 PM
Imo, people probably see what they want to see. If their intention was always to have them wearing clothing/gear then there is little reason to waste time and money adding detail to areas that aren't intended to be seen.

Poor Leo, people trying to be all up in your business. Can't get no respect. lol

Candy Kappa
12-27-2015, 02:35 PM
That's true. Corners are cut all the time when working in cgi, movies have a higher budget and near unlimited poly-count compared to video games, but you still have to cheat just like with practical effects.

If a CG creature never takes off their clothes you don't keep the body underneath, you delete it or hide it to keep the memeory count down. If you're only seeing one street made in cgi, you make that street, not the whole city.

TigerClaw
12-27-2015, 04:13 PM
at least Bebop and Rocksteady will have tails in the sequel.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-27-2015, 04:32 PM
Well, I don't know if it's a tail or not...

... But this is certainly a bizarre tale.

Hey-o! :twink:

MsMarvelDuckie
12-27-2015, 09:13 PM
for someone who made them more "realistic" by halving their shell, I doubt they modeled a tail on them, especially when the majority of that area is obscured by cloth and other items and be a excess for render time. And leave more work to hand animation since you can't mo-cap a tail that isn't there on the actors, or be animated by the same principles cloth are simulated which would take more work space for rendering for something that isn't seen anyway.

Plus something is off by the animation if it's supposed to be a tail.

Unless confirmed by better pictures then a vague shape in the shadows, or by leaked CG files, I doubt these guys have tails

A turtle's cloaca is located at the tail, for males it's further out, while on females it's closer to the base. It's not inside the tail.

It doesnt look off to me. It looks like it moves with his lower half, jerking with his legs when he catches the falling egg. It definitely moves independently of the clothing, but it's movement IS in line with his anatomy. Enlarged/zoomed in on it a few times just to be sure, and it' the right shape and size. It may very well BE his tail, but is likely nonfunctional. However' he and possibly Raph may be the only ones were it might conceivably be seen.

Leo656
12-28-2015, 08:32 PM
It's not. If anything it's a poorly-placed strappy-thing from the back of that ridiculous belt/loincloth. If it's "Off", it's because the people doing it were lazy and underestimated this fanbase's obsession with over-analyzing every single microscopic detail (clearly, they've never visited). They would never render "tails" that nobody would ever see outside of a freeze-frame, that's stupid and wasteful. It's a strappy thing. ALSO stupid and wasteful but I didn't design this garbage.

Also: Sh*t like this is why I hate this place! Jeeeeeeeeeeeez.

MsMarvelDuckie
12-29-2015, 06:13 PM
But there ARE no "strappy things" on the back of his loincloth. Just the thin strips tying it on, that hang down over the darker leather part. That is something else, and it clearly jerks exactly with his body movement, not "swaying" like cloth or leather would. It's also between the front part and those strips visible swinging in the back. If it's not a tail, then it really IS his d*ck, which is equally weird, though I wouldn't have put it past Bay and Co., since they DID put balls on a Decepticon....

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-29-2015, 06:25 PM
But there ARE no "strappy things" on the back of his loincloth. Just the thin strips tying it on, that hang down over the darker leather part. That is something else, and it clearly jerks exactly with his body movement, not "swaying" like cloth or leather would. It's also between the front part and those strips visible swinging in the back. If it's not a tail, then it really IS his d*ck, which is equally weird, though I wouldn't have put it past Bay and Co., since they DID put balls on a Decepticon....

Turtle dicks and Transformer testicles. Oh, Michael Bay, let us sing thy perverted praises... :tlol:

MsMarvelDuckie
12-29-2015, 06:31 PM
Let's not forget an Autobot pissing on a human....

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-29-2015, 06:34 PM
Let's not forget an Autobot pissing on a human....

Oh Bay. You do all your research with the safety filter off, don't you?

Yes I already used that "gag", and yes, I still think it's funny. :tlol: It's bizarre he did "The Island." But even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while...

MsMarvelDuckie
12-29-2015, 07:29 PM
I'm starting to think that was actually a metaphor for how he sees the TF fans.... Let's hope he doesn't go that route with the Turtles!

IndigoErth
12-29-2015, 07:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6LO9GD2.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Lc4IMDN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ewh4U36.gif

http://i.imgur.com/tfIOKBn.gif

http://i.imgur.com/tcnFYba.gif
I'm sure if people look hard enough there's other screen shots that could probably be inspected... I remember last year some person online posted a shot from the snow chase, some view they thought was down yonder and tried to point out more human-like anatomy in that case... but it was blurry and again, I think people saw/see what they want to.

Only he knows for sure, and he ain't telling.

http://i.imgur.com/qrldNKn.jpg

Leo656
12-29-2015, 08:05 PM

Try again. If you look you can clearly see that of the strips hanging in the back of him, the ones on the outer edge are wider, and the one on the left (Leo's left) is mostly hidden by shadow but they're CLEARLY symmetrically matched with each other as far as size and shape. You can especially tell at the moment in the gif when the shadows get lighter for a moment before it loops.

It's part of his costume and frankly anyone who can't tell that is blind. Or maybe just has a crappy monitor display. On my laptop it is CLEARLY VISIBLE as part of his stupid costume. Beyond that it's the only thing that makes ANY logical sense whatsoever. C'mon people.

I'm gonna go ahead and proclaim this entire thing Most Worthless Thread Topic Of 2015. We've had some doozies, but leave it to The Usual Suspect to pop in with a "winner" right at the end of the year. :roll: Shame on the rest of you for encouraging it. MOST of you are way better than this.

MsMarvelDuckie
12-29-2015, 08:17 PM
Have to disagree, Leo. The parts of his clothing that hang down in back are obviously swinging back and forth, as cloth or leather would, but the "tail" (or d*ck, if some prefer) doesn't act that way- it snaps in time WITH his legs and torso, and is rounded in profile, and is right behind the blue part, rather than further back as the rest is. It doesn't even hang the same, it's firmer and tapered evenly. It can't be part of the loincloth, because it isn't even using the same physics. It's behaving like part of his body, not part of his clothing. It "bobs" like a stubby tail or "other appendage" would. And my display is just fine- in fact, I zoomed in on it several times larger (on my phone as well), and it clearly is NOT connected to the strips in back in any way!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-29-2015, 08:28 PM
Whenever I start to forget I'm on the internet surrounded by obsessive fans, you guys start a thread like this to remind me that I'm on the internet surrounded by obsessive fans.

MsMarvelDuckie
12-29-2015, 08:33 PM
You're welcome. I've been picking this thing apart again and again, looking to see if it is or isn't, and so far, it looks like it is. If anyone can find other shots that might have it (or one of the others) we might be able to confirm or deny definitively, but for now, I'm going with "Yes, Virginia, TMNT DO have tails!"

IndigoErth
12-29-2015, 08:40 PM
So and went and looked up that scene, and there are multiple angles of him... Sure, from that one angle it looks odd, but honestly, to my eye, in other angles it's clearly just his clothing.

Leo656
12-29-2015, 08:48 PM
Have to disagree, Leo. The parts of his clothing that hang down in back are obviously swinging back and forth, as cloth or leather would, but the "tail" (or d*ck, if some prefer) doesn't act that way- it snaps in time WITH his legs and torso, and is rounded in profile, and is right behind the blue part, rather than further back as the rest is. It doesn't even hang the same, it's firmer and tapered evenly. It can't be part of the loincloth, because it isn't even using the same physics. It's behaving like part of his body, not part of his clothing. It "bobs" like a stubby tail or "other appendage" would. And my display is just fine- in fact, I zoomed in on it several times larger (on my phone as well), and it clearly is NOT connected to the strips in back in any way!

So by your logic... the effects department went to the trouble to design, and render, a CGI "tail", that would not actually appear, at all, except in one shot, for two-seconds, mostly obscured by shadow, in such a manner that it's barely possible to even tell what it is.

((Rubs temples))

They didn't do that. It is clearly part of his costume. I don't know what you're looking at but it's absolutely one of the strips. It's moving the TINIEST bit differently than the other ones, mostly due to how it's positioned. There's absolutely nothing to suggest it's part of his body, but everything to suggest that it's one of those other things on his costume. It's even the same size and general shape as the one on the polar opposite side of it. Even ignoring all that, you're left with the question of WHY they'd give him a "tail" nobody'd ever even SEE without freeze-framing. Which these hacks absolutely would not bother to do anyway. Holy sh*t.

I can't even. You people have robbed me of the ability to Even, possibly forever. Fine, disagree, you're still incorrect. That is a willful choice to be incorrect and I simply can't endorse that decision.

There is no mystery. It is not his tail. It is his costume. "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar", etc. etc. etc.

Indigo wins the "Common Sense For Sanity" Trophy for 2015. Thanks, doll. I was thisclose to taking a belt sander to my forehead just a minute ago to relieve the pressure, but you saved the day, and possibly a life. You rock. Have a cupcake, Cupcake. :tgrin:

MsMarvelDuckie
12-29-2015, 08:56 PM
Except that all the clothing parts dangle straight DOWN. That ONE object "hangs" more at a forward angle. It's not obeying the same law of physics and gravity as the rest, if it's just cloth hanging. (And wouldn't be UNDER him instead of in back, either.) Watch how everything else swings freely, but that one part angles toward the front, then jerks backward, then snaps forward again and just stops when he catches the egg. It's right before the clip loops. That's not how clothing acts. It's moving exactly the same speed and motion as his main body, while the rest just sways.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-29-2015, 08:59 PM
Except that all the clothing parts dangle straight DOWN. That ONE object "hangs" more at a forward angle. It's not obeying the same law of physics and gravity as the rest, if it's just cloth hanging. (And wouldn't be UNDER him instead of in back, either.) Watch how everything else swings freely, but that one part angles toward the front, then jerks backward, then snaps forward again and just stops when he catches the egg. It's right before the clip loops. That's not how clothing acts. It's moving exactly the same speed and motion as his main body, while the rest just sways.

Are you implying that Leo enjoys the punishment a little too much? :teek:

Leo656
12-29-2015, 09:01 PM
I've noticed how sometimes you do this thing where you're contrary for no reason, Captain Quackers. It's excruciating. Of all the things anyone could possibly over-think and mis-analyze, this is one of the worst. Just saying.

So it's bad CGI and the animators don't know physics. It's not his tail! Get over it! I really need people to be smarter than this and you people are fai-....

Wait. I'll let Cylons do it. He's good at it. CKD! Say that thing you always say! From the show, with the guy, with the arrows and stuff. I always chuckle when you do that. C'mon buddy.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-29-2015, 09:04 PM
I've noticed how sometimes you do this thing where you're contrary for no reason, Captain Quackers. It's excruciating. Of all the things anyone could possibly over-think and mis-analyze, this is one of the worst. Just saying.

So it's bad CGI and the animators don't know physics. It's not his tail! Get over it! I really need people to be smarter than this and you people are fai-....

Wait. I'll let Cylons do it. He's good at it. CKD! Say that thing you always say! From the show, with the guy, with the arrows and stuff. I always chuckle when you do that. C'mon buddy.

When you ask like that, how can I refuse?

All you who would debate this issue of tails/dicks/straps?

YOU HAVE FAILED THIS FORUM.

Gah, I miss Seasons 1-2 Arrow. I don't think the show's EVER gonna return to its original quality.

Leo656
12-29-2015, 09:16 PM
((Swoon/Melts))

I needed that. You're alright, you.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-29-2015, 09:35 PM
((Swoon/Melts))

I needed that. You're alright, you.

Anything for you. Now embrace me and tell me I'm beautiful.

Leo656
12-29-2015, 09:45 PM
...Dude there's people I know here...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-29-2015, 10:25 PM
...Dude there's people I know here...

Oh sure, when you have needs, you'll acknowledge our relationship.

But what about MY needs, Leo? I'm a human being with human needs, too, dammit! :tcry:

TrickOrTreater
12-29-2015, 10:41 PM
Occam's Razor is a thing, and people should know it is a thing.

MsMarvelDuckie
12-30-2015, 04:06 AM
Okay laugh it up fuzzballs. But I spent an hour last nightvgoing through all the screencaps I made when the DVD first came out, and Im sorry, but it's NOT just a piece of his darn loincloth. Found two other shots from the same scene, at a different angle, and it is still in the same spot, shape, and weird angle. It only shoe when he is squatting or while doing the splits on those block. But the stills don't lie. And although he's the only one I've found it on so far, I'm still going through screen caps so I might find other shots.

Also, artists and animators are a perverse lot, and they would ABSOLUTELY render and animate a tail (or other appendage) just to see what they can get under the radar. Heck, Disney is NOTORIOUS for doing exactly that! So are the guys in Nick's TMNT, for that matter. The body is rendered and animated seperately from clothing, which is then overlaid on top. So that even when removed, the skin textures ect. are still there. If it's animated differentlyvfrom his clothes it's because it's part of the body. Come on Leo, thevevidence is clearly in favor of a body part here. I would think you guys would be happy to see someone finally putting tailsvon turtles like in the Mirage art. Personally, I wouldn't put it past them for it to be "turtlepeen" just to be perverse, but I'd rather not be scarred for life by the thought of the soccer mom uproar that would likely cause if it got out.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-30-2015, 10:19 AM
Soccer moms are the world's unsung heroes, the morality police keeping Janet Jackson's tips off the television screen and the Dreaded Outrageous F-Bomb off our airwaves.

How DARE you insinuate that they are not to be respected, loved, and feared!? :teek:

thundermaster612
12-30-2015, 03:32 PM
I'm pretty sure I once saw a concept for Leo (2k12 series) where it showed him having a tail, pretty sure it didn't make it into the show. Maybe they tuck their tails into their shell...

IndigoErth
12-30-2015, 05:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qRgv3Uo.jpg

You be the judge, but imo when compared side by side I feel that the most likely explanation is that the second from left strip of leather, esp given the curved cut of it, may be pretending to be something it's not.

I mean, given how the material wraps around the backside of him, from the right angle the strips to either side probably would look closer to front than those in the center behind him.

Not to want to get into debating it or anything, people are free to think or hope what they want, but some of the discussion just feels personal enough in his business - fictional or not - it's hard to not feel like wanting to defend him if it is, imo, not true.

Candy Kappa
12-30-2015, 05:21 PM
No doubt it's a part of his loincloth piece. The gif in question, the "tail" doesn't align very well with his spine to begin with.

Leo656
12-30-2015, 08:33 PM
I wanna congratulate Duckie on the two hours of her life she'll never get back. Or maybe it's "send condolences". Not sure.

If after TWO HOURS you still can't tell it's just part of his goofy outfit, when everyone else can clearly tell with a lot less work, you need a stronger prescription for your glasses, sorry. Yeah, it's maybe misaligned a little bit. Elsa's ponytail passes through her arm sometimes in "Frozen", sh*t happens, that's why CGI is bullsh*t.

Also: If you look at the tip when it moves, it bends backwards slightly, indicating it's flat. Like a strip of leather. Which is all it is. The two outer strips - the one on the polar opposite side of which you can only make out when the shadows flicker, but can still be clearly seen moving in sync with the one in question - are wider and thicker than the many thinner ones in between them.

C'mon, this is like, the absolute silliest of hills to die on.

Occam's Razor is a thing, and people should know it is a thing.

I kind of agree. I think it should be renamed "Leo's Razor", though. As in the one I cut people with for being obstinate. :tgrin:

MsMarvelDuckie
01-02-2016, 10:20 PM
Well, whatd'ya know- I was WONDERING when Trick would show up and put in his 1 and 1/2 cents in. So- how's Tricks? Still for kids? So glad you could join the discussion and add such an astute and interesting contribution. Thanks for coming by.

Anyway, whether anyone else thinks it is or not, I'm convinced enough to stand by what I can see pretty clearly from not just the gif but other shots, too. Don't really care anymore. And it's not Occam's razor if its an objective observation based on simple VISIBLE evidence. There's nothing to assume- it's just purely objective study of the available data, which I went through in detail.

And Leo, the analyst in me won't rest until I'm satisfied one way or another on a subject that perks my interest, so NO, I'm not just being obstinate- I'm doing what comes naturally to me- that is, picking it apart from as many different angles as possible until I feel I've got the best answer possible. And I didn't mind those two hours at all! It was kind of fun to hunt for more images where it's visible, and I needed to go through those screen-caps and weed out the blurred or otherwise useless ones, anyway. So killing two birds with one stone there. Thanks for the motivation to finally do it.

Well, feel free to call it whatever you want, guys. It hardly matters now that they're all wearing pants now, anyway- we'll never know for sure. For me, it's a tail- cause I REFUSE to believe that PD actually gave them human-like peens....

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Those tags. :tlol:

Although I don't like seeing people I like disagree, I do love the zaniness of this whole thread.

TrickOrTreater
01-02-2016, 11:36 PM
Well, whatd'ya know- I was WONDERING when Trick would show up and put in his 1 and 1/2 cents in. So- how's Tricks? Still for kids? So glad you could join the discussion and add such an astute and interesting contribution. Thanks for coming by.

You're literally posting paragraphs worth of text about whether a CG thing between an ugly Ninja Turtle's legs in a sh*tty Ninja Turtles movie is a tail or a piece of loin cloth.

Loin cloth.

Forgive me if I don't join in on it with "astute and interesting contributions."

I'm definitely calling it Leo's Razor now.

The simplest explanation is often THE CORRECT ONE.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-02-2016, 11:41 PM
You're literally posting paragraphs worth of text about whether a CG thing between an ugly Ninja Turtle's legs in a sh*tty Ninja Turtles movie is a tail or a piece of loin cloth.

Loin cloth.

Forgive me if I don't join in on it with "astute and interesting contributions."

I'm definitely calling it Leo's Razor now.

The simplest explanation is often THE CORRECT ONE.

So many things wrong with this.

Especially the fact that there is even a loin cloth present.

They're NINJA turtles, not SUMO turtles!!!

Leo656
01-03-2016, 04:14 AM
I just can't abide anyone, anywhere, choosing to be wrong on purpose. It's definitely part of his costume and there is no mystery about it.

And you shouldn't need to hope one of the animators or whoever would be so bored they'd deign to "confirm" something every sane person already knows, that it's just a piece of the outfit, before you feel it's "confirmed". Frankly, the fact it's VERY clear to everyone else looking at it should be plenty.

I'm seriously not trying to be a dick about this, it's just that you're not correct and it makes people look silly when they cling to things that aren't true. That's all it is. Like I said, I really need people to be better than this or I start losing faith. People can't just be "allowed" to think things that aren't true, I'm sorry I just have a real problem with it fundamentally, people are not entitled to their own facts. There is no Tooth Fairy, and that. IS NOT. a TAIL.

And to take it a step further, the topic was created in the first place by someone who's never contributed a single meaningful thing and who only exists to stir up nonsense. Need I say more? I think not. Anyone "curious" about whether or not it was a "tail" should have just glanced to the left, looked at the thread creator, and said "Wow, sh*t topic, why'd I click?" But to actually buy into the nonsense is just plain selling the rib.

Have at it if you must. It's complete nonsense, but I guess everyone needs their own personal windmill.

Just so you know, though, I kinda feel like we've hit this point with this "debate":
W2Rdf0n_Lsg
I'd never wear a shirt that color, but the point stands.

Candy Kappa
01-03-2016, 04:18 AM
Well, feel free to call it whatever you want, guys. It hardly matters now that they're all wearing pants now, anyway- we'll never know for sure. For me, it's a tail- cause I REFUSE to believe that PD actually gave them human-like peens....

PD modelers didn't give them anything.

If the skin that's hidden under the clothes isn't deleted in the final version of the CG model to save poly count, memory, and avoid clipping issues. They are bare like Ken Dolls.

plus, IndigoErth's images shows it's one of the bigger leather strips from his loincloth. it's the same shape as the "tail" in the gif.

MsMarvelDuckie
01-03-2016, 07:00 AM
I don't even care anymore if anyone agrees. If the simplest explanation is the correct one, then logically, it IS part of his body, because everyone has already admitted that it doesn't match the animation on the dang clothes! However, it DOES match the animation of his body, particularly of his legs and the bottom of his shell when he catches the falling egg. And I pointed out that other shot from the scene (not present in the gif) show the same thing and are at a different angle. I really don't care what anyone thinks. I looked at it objectively using logic and physical evidence and concluded that the hypothesis of tail or other appendage is the only way it makes sense. I simply dont think it CAN bre anything else based on how it moves.

Leo656
01-03-2016, 07:09 AM
Then with all due respect, it's for the best you don't drive. No offense intended. I'd get new lenses, personally, if it's that bad. Your eyes shouldn't be lying to you that much.

Meanwhile I genuinely feel bad you've wasted so much time on this. Yet another thing we can blame the nitwit responsible for this thread for.

Candy Kappa
01-03-2016, 08:06 AM
No tails spotted in the snow chase scene, nor the final fight with Shredder, and there's plenty of up skirt moments.

I'm getting serious flashes from turtles scientific name changes and hinges on red-eared sliders debate.

Leo656
01-03-2016, 08:19 AM
No tails spotted in the snow chase scene, nor the final fight with Shredder, and there's plenty of up skirt moments.

I'm getting serious flashes from turtles scientific name changes and hinges on red-eared sliders debate.

If you actually watched the movie again as proof, you're a braver person than I am. I applaud your diligence while questioning your priorities. :lol:

MsMarvelDuckie
01-03-2016, 08:25 AM
With all due respect Leo my lenses are fine. Zoomed in the gif to about five times on several viewings to be sure. But whatever. Regardless who found it- and since he said he found it on tumblr he's clearly not the first- I wanted to examine the evidence for myself. My first thought was actually loincloth too, but it just didn't look right for that to be the case. Which is why I spent so much time and effort to look closer in the first place. It just didnt fit what is there. Tails or d*cks do. That's it. But fine. If you ALL want it to just be something as uninteresting as an EXTREMELY errant piece of clothing, we can just go with that and drop the whole damn thing. Ya happy guys? Now I'm just ticked that I'm getting called out as willfully obtuse or blind. Thanks ever so much for the vote of cinfidence. Peace out.

Leo656
01-03-2016, 08:33 AM
I wasn't trying to make it personal. It'd be the exact same if a person was misled into thinking the sky was really pink, just because a crummy out-of-context photo gave them that impression. They'd still need to be corrected no matter how deeply they believed the incorrect information.

A person simply can't have a mountain of evidence on one hand, and "But if you squint, kinda..." on the other hand, and embrace the latter. At least they shouldn't do that. That's not how deductive reasoning is supposed to work.

This thread - and its creator - need to be thrown in a ditch and decorated with slug-covered leaves. The slugs will no doubt resemble tails or penises to many but there's nothing I can do about that.

Candy Kappa
01-03-2016, 09:10 AM
This thread - and its creator - need to be thrown in a ditch and decorated with slug-covered leaves. The slugs will no doubt resemble tails or penises to many but there's nothing I can do about that.

Third Eagle of the Apocalypse would totally see the slugs as phallic symbols, the guy is hilarious.

IndigoErth
01-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Phallic slugs... I think topics on the internet have peaked, they can not get anymore weird from here on out. :tlol: (Though I'm certain someone will still try.)

Galactus
01-03-2016, 06:06 PM
Y'know this is why that onion article on the then upcoming TMNT dick n' balls was so great because it was actually along the lines of what might happen. After all if someone is going to give the characters visible genitals it's Michael Bay.

To be fair I think the simplest explanation is that it's supposed to be part of his costume and it's simply not animated well. Not to disparage ILM but their work on the the 2014 movie was hardly their best. Didn't Raph have li'l red underoos underneath his loin cloth? Stands to reason Leo would have blue ones.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-03-2016, 06:14 PM
Y'know this is why that onion article on the then upcoming TMNT dick n' balls was so great because it was actually along the lines of what might happen. After all if someone is going to give the characters visible genitals it's Michael Bay.

To be fair I think the simplest explanation is that it's supposed to be part of his costume and it's simply not animated well. Not to disparage ILM but their work on the the 2014 movie was hardly their best. Didn't Raph have li'l red underoos underneath his loin cloth? Stands to reason Leo would have blue ones.

I'd completely forgotten about Raphie's red 'roos. :teek:

IndigoErth
01-03-2016, 06:37 PM
:tlol: Yes, Raph's red undies. One might have thought that if anyone gives not much of a crap about such modesty it would have been him, not Leo. :tlol: (Poor Leo might have been beet red over this thread...)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-03-2016, 06:39 PM
:tlol: Yes, Raph's red undies. One might have thought that if anyone gives not much of a crap about such modesty it would have been him, not Leo. :tlol:

Leo fights balls-out, just like Kimmel in "Edge of Tomorrow." I gotta be free, man!

MsMarvelDuckie
01-03-2016, 08:37 PM
Huh. I guess turtle tails are as anathema to everyone here as nostrils are to Cubed. Who knew? Of all the directions this thread could have gone, I would have thought we'd get a bazillion dick jokes. Instead we get- "Nope, no tails for THESE boys! Can't happen!" Amazing. It's kind of sad, though. You'd think fans would actually WANT to see them finally get their tails in a movie. Poor guys- I feel sorry for them now.... :tcry:

Oh well, first time for everything. As an aside, I did go through the rest of my screen caps, and only found one or two spots where there might be anything to see. Nothing clear enough to use, but Leo is probably the only one where we'd be able to tell- though I had a couple of shots of Donnie that were suspicious. And HE doesn't have leather strips hanging down. Just those solar panels. Just sayin.

IndigoErth
01-03-2016, 09:04 PM
Heck, Donnie has a direct crotch shot in that hashi scene :teek: (lil' awkward there, director guy) if anyone should have stood to prove or disprove it it should have been him. lol Looks like he may be covered up down there though. (I think... That whole scene is too dark and shadowy.)

MsMarvelDuckie
01-03-2016, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I noticed that, too. Was too dark to see anything. Came kind of close with Raph, too, when he was standing on that tricycle. And now that I think about it, Splinter was truly sadistic to come up with those "punishments". Especially Donnie and Leo's. 11 HOURS doing that crap?! :teek: What was he even THINKING?! :tlol:

Leo656
01-03-2016, 09:36 PM
Splinter As Abusive Father wasn't the worst thing about that piece of sh*t movie but it was way up there. I feel it got glossed over what with the movie constantly moving to the next thing to distract people from how stupid it all was.

I mean when you consider all the junk and crap all over their lair, the millions of boom boxes and monitors and skateboards and everything, and you consider all the times they must have sneaked up to the surface to scavenge that sh*t, and then further consider that strangulation is this Splinter's idea of an appropriate way to deal with their "insolence", it's a wonder any of them can even speak above a whisper. Splinter's a huge piece of sh*t.

Not that it matters. "Hey, he's doing like Homer Simpson! I understand that reference! That's funny!" F*cking rubes.

IndigoErth
01-03-2016, 10:28 PM
Yeah, and I thought Nick Splinter could be a bit unnecessarily heavy handed, but this guy... geeze. Their reaction to his overreaction sure seems to suggest they've seen this many times before; these big guys cowering in front of him. It's sad, it's like someone should call protective services, but can't. :ohwell:

The hashi... maybe a little less bad, after all, it was up to them how long that lasted, but even still, Leo's poor knees.

TMNT sequel - Turtles become friends with the cops. Turtles get restraining order against dad.

DarkFell
01-03-2016, 10:54 PM
TMNT sequel - Turtles become friends with the cops. Turtles get restraining order against dad.
:tlol: I bet none of the Turtles will never ever let old man Splinter forget about it.
https://media.giphy.com/media/CHVvWfV0WnJ6M/giphy.gif

Powder
01-03-2016, 11:26 PM
Yeah, Splinter was a real scumbag in this movie. Like the dog-face & hammy voice wasn't bad enough. A shame, because I liked his design (by which I mean the clothes & even the lil samurai bun on top) & figured it'd be pretty hard to f*ck up Yoda Rat Daddy, but alas...

Candy Kappa
01-04-2016, 04:08 AM
Huh. I guess turtle tails are as anathema to everyone here as nostrils are to Cubed. Who knew? Of all the directions this thread could have gone, I would have thought we'd get a bazillion dick jokes. Instead we get- "Nope, no tails for THESE boys! Can't happen!" Amazing. It's kind of sad, though. You'd think fans would actually WANT to see them finally get their tails in a movie. Poor guys- I feel sorry for them now.... :tcry:

It's not about not wanting tails, I'd love for the Turtles sporting tails again, they are after all turtles. But wishful thinking isn't going to magically make it happen when there are zero evidence that the Turtles have tails.

Leo in the Hashi scene is not having a tail, it's one of the larger bits of his loincloth which have been proven through multiple angles where the loincloth piece isn't partially obscured by the from loincloth piece.

http://i.imgur.com/qRgv3Uo.jpg

Nothing in the Snow Chase, where Leo full-on moons the audience and there is other scenes where no tail is present.
TTAx750tqxY

Nothing in the final fight with Shredder.
vhGPPWayeqk

This video have turn-arounds of the CG models, no tails in sight between the skirt pieces.
a4aju4D6J7M

Some of the blocking animation shots with no textures or other effects to obscure shows no tails either.
http://www.cgmeetup.net/home/making-of-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-by-image-engine/

The CGI models do not have tails. Maybe in-canon they have tails, but unless it's actually established, there is no evidence that the Turtles have proper tails, or human anatomy down there for that matter. CGI models are smooth under there unless it's something that is going to be shown.

Oh well, first time for everything. As an aside, I did go through the rest of my screen caps, and only found one or two spots where there might be anything to see. Nothing clear enough to use, but Leo is probably the only one where we'd be able to tell- though I had a couple of shots of Donnie that were suspicious. And HE doesn't have leather strips hanging down. Just those solar panels. Just sayin.

Donnie doesn't have a tattered loincloth like Leo, but he still have some cloth piece on his carapace side under the panels.

MsMarvelDuckie
01-04-2016, 07:22 AM
Yeah I know Don had the piece on back that was kind of the point. Honestly I still think that it's just too different in the animation but whatever. I don't care enough to debate it anymore, since theres no REAL proof. But it just doesn't look right as being part of the rest when it moves utterly differently and bobs UP, not hanging down like everything else when he's catching the falling egg. Errant clothing STILL can't explain that anomaly when we know the clothes are animated seperately. But it's a moot point since they are all wearing pants now and everyone seems to think it's just clothes anyway. Fine. It's clothes and nothing else. Everyone happy now? Still looks all wrong for it though. THAT part I'm sticking to.

Candy Kappa
01-04-2016, 08:28 AM
anomalies on cloth (and hair) animation can happen a lot of times, even in high budget movies. Since it's not hand animated, but generated through simulation programs. That one or more leather strips in a dark setting wasn't caught or even bothered to fix wouldn't be a off explanation why the loincloth piece acts off.

mistakes happen all the time when dealing with 3d animation, especially when dealing with simulations and math.

IkO2oScTQ18

dKULFCZZr1s

npK2ZEs2ODg

some hair simulation gone wrong.
9K-Gv4XVb10

and this collection of gems
4405qEhBmEM

IndigoErth
01-04-2016, 11:14 AM
:tlol: And noooow we know where the name Tangled came from. Guess the computer was aiming for something more realistic. :P

I know Disney supposedly had to invent the tools to even manage Rapunzel's hair as what they needed for it didn't quite exist yet (which I love about 3D animation and the companies with the money to do that invariably push the industry forward), so they must have had plenty of amazing screw ups in the process. :lol:

But I digress... this is about Turtley, um, parts and their existence or absence. :toops:

(Poor, Leo. Between this and that piece in the elevator... you'll live it down eventually, buddy.)

Edit: 'Course, I suppose fans who wish for tails could hope that simple snug pants across Turtley patooties this time might give it away if it's there. (Is no one analyzing the first sequel trailer?)

Candy Kappa
01-04-2016, 11:52 AM
I think. If PD movie-verse ever introduce tails as a part of the Turtles, it should be in the third movie (or whatever is the last movie) and it's just a simple off-screen reveal, and a human ally probably April goes "You guys have tails?" and the Turtles in unison "What, you don't?"

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-04-2016, 12:03 PM
I think. If PD movie-verse ever introduce tails as a part of the Turtles, it should be in the third movie (or whatever is the last movie) and it's just a simple off-screen reveal, and a human ally probably April goes "You guys have tails?" and the Turtles in unison "What, you don't?"

:tlol: That's actually kinda cute.

IndigoErth
01-04-2016, 12:13 PM
:lol: Silly tailless ape people. Usually.

April, why you walking in on someone disrobing. (Edit: Then again, I just had a horrifying thought of how Bay & Co might want to explain such 'nudity' if April is there.)

I dunno, if anything I'd rather someone just eventually do a different film with a more animalistic TMNT that some are wanting and do it there.

If any version finally gets tails again, it's just an awkward fit to me if it randomly happens with the set that leaned the most toward being human-like. Sure, "turtles have tails," but they also have more digits on all four feet, don't have hands or other human-like qualities, esp like 2014.

Though imo just leaving it a mystery leaves it open better for personal interpretation for any viewer; not every person prefers or wants the same.

(Edit: Better twist... they reveal that April has a tail. :lol:)

DarkFell
01-04-2016, 06:29 PM
(Edit: Better twist... they reveal that April has a tail. :lol:)
Or Mikey finally reveals to April his other "tail" that made his shell tighten when he saw April for the first time in the movie.. in this sequel.
That'll scar Ms. Fox O'Neil for life..or anyone else that sees that particular scene.
https://www.wow247.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Jack-Nicholson-doeswnt-even-know.gif

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Or Mikey finally reveals to April his other "tail" that made his shell tighten when he saw April for the first time in the movie.. in this sequel.
That'll scar Ms. Fox O'Neil for life..or anyone else that sees that particular scene.
https://www.wow247.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Jack-Nicholson-doeswnt-even-know.gif

The 'Drome's population is, as close as I can tell, 20% "furry." Or "scaly." Pretty sure not everybody will be scarred... some of them are already scarred so badly, they enjoy it. :tlol:

Foombamaroom
01-05-2016, 10:22 PM

The 'Drome's population is, as close as I can tell, 20% "furry." Or "scaly." Pretty sure not everybody will be scarred... some of them are already scarred so badly, they enjoy it. :tlol:
I come back to the Technodrome and this is one of the first things I see. I'm done with life, goodbye.

Powder
01-05-2016, 10:31 PM

No way. There's like 10, tops. A vocal minority.

IndigoErth
01-05-2016, 10:44 PM
I come back to the Technodrome and this is one of the first things I see. I'm done with life, goodbye.
Sadly, compared to like 80% of the rest of the internet, that's probably nothing. :tlol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-06-2016, 07:41 AM
No way. There's like 10, tops. A vocal minority.

Really? 'Cause I'm assuming at least twice that number lean that way, but don't say anything.

"Don't Ask, Don't Tell": The Technodrome Edition. :tlol:

Powder
01-06-2016, 07:58 AM
That's entirely possible. But for the most part those kinda fans stick to Deviantart, as most here seem to frown upon viewing the turtles in a sexual context (thankfully).

Foombamaroom
01-06-2016, 09:33 AM
I always found it very odd that people created fanfic about the Turtles banging each other. That's incest, bro, that's incest...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-06-2016, 09:47 AM
I always found it very odd that people created fanfic about the Turtles banging each other. That's incest, bro, that's incest...

Don't. Just, don't get any more specific than that. I'm friends with a couple of people on here who like that sort of stuff, but please, let's not open that can of worms.

Tcest disgusts me. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil! :tlol:

Foombamaroom
01-06-2016, 09:55 AM
Don't. Just, don't get any more specific than that. I'm friends with a couple of people on here who like that sort of stuff, but please, let's not open that can of worms.

Tcest disgusts me. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil! :tlol:

Wait.
IT'S POPULAR ENOUGH TO HAVE ITS OWN NAME?!
WHY GOD WHY?!

Okay, y'know what, I'm not getting this thread banned/locked.

Let's start anew.

So yeah. Turtle tails.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Wait.
WHY GOD WHY?!

Okay, y'know what, I'm not getting this thread banned/locked.

Let's start anew.

So yeah. Turtle tails.

Walk away, don't make eye-contact, don't run, and above all, NO SUDDEN SOUNDS OR MOVEMENTS.

Amaranthus
01-06-2016, 10:24 AM
TigerClaw told me the turtles have 2 testicles each.
Can anyone confirm this?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-06-2016, 10:41 AM
What part of "don't ask, don't tell" did ya not understand?

Foombamaroom
01-06-2016, 11:41 AM
What part of "don't ask, don't tell" did ya not understand?

The "don't ask, don't tell" part, apparently.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-06-2016, 11:51 AM
The "don't ask, don't tell" part, apparently.

Just the part with words. :tlol:

IndigoErth
01-06-2016, 11:52 AM
:lol: Wow, this thread.

Wait.
WHY GOD WHY?!
I'm impressed anyone could go this long without knowing, well done. That's some expert "dodge permanently scarring knowledge" skills.

Preferably I'd have not ever known, but I find it's helpful to know what to tell a search engine to exclude. Don't internet without protection, kids...via excluded keywords.

aliena
01-10-2016, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure I'm allowed to post a link, but I just came across a clip on you tube about this very thing. Someone, has created a very expensive and time induced clip showing the turtles with privates and making it appear that Michael Bay was promoting it. It even showed the actors in their suits with the apertures attached to them. It looked so real that everyone was sort of stunned by it. Maybe it was slipped in there as an Easter Egg or something.

I didn't notice, mostly because I was busy trying to look up Donnie's skirt when he's on that platform spinning around. ;)

Leo656
01-10-2016, 05:06 PM
Someone posted that in its own thread when it was fresh. I don't remember what came of it but I'm pretty sure it eventually got locked and/or sent to the Disintegrator Unit. But yeah, just a joke.

IndigoErth
01-10-2016, 05:11 PM
Yeah, it was just some joke spoof thing I think from The Onion, or some other group like that. Came out a while ago, before the first film.