PDA

View Full Version : Don't you love polls?

RaphaelsIsolation
12-30-2015, 11:54 AM
I don't intend on bringing up old stuff or maybe polls that have been done before.

I know some of you probably hate old questions being redone etc...

I don't care. I think they are so fun and I think it's great to just chat about things in a fresh form. Besides maybe our opinions have changed? I'll try to ask some good questions.

Just which mini/side series do you guys like the best so far? I think this is a pretty good question.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-30-2015, 12:14 PM
I REALLY want to give my vote to "Mutanimals", but "Secret History of the Foot Clan" was just THE BEST.

Oroku Saki, Kitsune, Krang, the reincarnation and Japanese mythos, plus the present day intrigue...

If I could only use ONE TPB to convince people IDW TMNT is the best, it'd have to be that one.

RaphaelsIsolation
12-30-2015, 12:17 PM
Awesome!

I hope I didn't show any biased options lmao...

Wow.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-30-2015, 12:18 PM
I freely admit I checked to see if you left off anything.

But if you'd left off "Casey and April", I woulda TOTALLY understood. :twink: Bury that waste of page-count.

ToTheNines
12-30-2015, 12:20 PM
Literally can't choose. Love them all in their own way.

plastroncafe
12-30-2015, 12:22 PM
Based on the title of this thread I was genuinely surprised to not see "Yes" as the only option.

RaphaelsIsolation
12-30-2015, 12:23 PM
I freely admit I checked to see if you left off anything.

But if you'd left off "Casey and April", I woulda TOTALLY understood. :twink: Bury that waste of page-count.

Why is everyone so negative and combative?

In mini series it is much more definitive and obvious.

Vol. 2 of a TALES series that no one was going to vote for didn't need to be included. I wish I would have included it so I wouldn't be getting crucified for it.

Unreal.

So you're not made I didn't include that suck ass Dreamwave run? Get mad about that then.. lol What about the Body count? its still turtles?

just be nice

RaphaelsIsolation
12-30-2015, 12:24 PM
Based on the title of this thread I was genuinely surprised to not see "Yes" as the only option.

Your post count is making you mad that I'm making polls up?

lol save the salty stuff dude.

I'm just trying to have fun. Why are you so mad and negative?

plastroncafe
12-30-2015, 12:24 PM
Awww someone's butthurt.

RaphaelsIsolation
12-30-2015, 12:25 PM
Awww someone's butthurt.

Nah I'm alright. I just don't understand the intense seriousness with everything...

I left off a Vol 2. of a later side series that didn't tie into anything else...

I kept the better quality 1st one in... and you got asshurt

don't get it

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-30-2015, 12:28 PM
Why is everyone so negative and combative?

In mini series it is much more definitive and obvious.

Vol. 2 of a TALES series that no one was going to vote for didn't need to be included. I wish I would have included it so I wouldn't be getting crucified for it.

Unreal.

So you're not made I didn't include that suck ass Dreamwave run? Get mad about that then.. lol What about the Body count? its still turtles?

just be nice

You are more defensive than my little brother when we're playing chess, RaphIso, man. Sheesh. I just came in here to praise all of the miniseries and dust off my rants against Casey & April.

Dreamwave was a forgettable 7-issue run; leaving it off isn't a huge crime against completionist. And Bodycount is totally under the Volume 3 Image umbrella.

Grow up, man. You made a mistake and got called out for it. Laugh along with us, admit it was dumb, and we'll go back to talking Turtles. I'd already be over it except you're flaring up like we just called your mother a whore. (I'm sure she's a lovely woman.)

plastroncafe
12-30-2015, 12:29 PM
It's okay, Muffin.
You tried.

Toitlefan
12-30-2015, 12:30 PM
Secret History of the Foot Clan.
Utrom Empire is a close 2nd though (I mean, c'mon, just the title makes you think of Star Wars!) But SHOTFC has laid a solid foundation for IDW and the art is amazing.

ToTheNines
12-30-2015, 12:35 PM
Lmao... he was all "I see your butthurt, and raise you an ASSHURT" hahaha.

What you gonna do now Plastron? Gluteus-maximushurt? Rectumhurt?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-30-2015, 12:37 PM

So much rectal bleeding in this thread. Hemorrhoids are the worst, I'm told.

plastroncafe
12-30-2015, 12:39 PM

Nah, when it doubt: Sarcastic Muffin.

RaphaelsIsolation
12-30-2015, 12:40 PM
No man you guys accused me of making a poll due to my preference. Which I didn't do.

I just didn't think anyone would vote for it, and didn't think it was that important as its pretty random stuff and the quality is hit and miss badly.

Like I've said... sorry.

You guys kinda jumped onto me saying the poll was crap and I did it to fit my own needs which isn't true. I simply didn't think it was important. If I had left out vol 3 then you'd have a point I think.

vol 2 tales just doesn't belong with the rest of the choices

if I could go back in time and change it... I would.

so sorry

your tone is what made me so defensive. It isn't like I hate vol 2 tales and left it off on purpose. It's an alright run, but the quality isn't there and vol 1 tales is just better. universally known to be better.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-30-2015, 12:40 PM
Nah, when it doubt: Sarcastic Muffin.

You're ruining muffins for me. Stop it.

RaphaelsIsolation
12-30-2015, 12:43 PM
We all are on the same team, so saying that I left something out of a poll for my own biased choice which isn't true...

you guys should just not be so combative and abrasive. We all like the same stuff right? That is why we are here.

Anyways. It doesn't matter it's just a poll that I ****ed up by leaving on a vol 2 tales.

sorry

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-30-2015, 12:44 PM
I blame Plastroncafe for the fact that I have "Do you know the muffin man" running through my head right now.

Dammit, woman!

ToTheNines
12-30-2015, 12:56 PM
Buttockshurt? Badonkadonkhurt?

RaphaelsIsolation
12-30-2015, 01:06 PM
just wanted to say as I have to Dr. Spengler that I love you continuity stuff btw

Utrommaniac
12-30-2015, 01:06 PM
Utrom Empire. Gee I wonder why.

Okay, more than just the Utroms, but the the character development. If there was one more thing I would have liked to see, it would have been Krang interacting with his people a little bit more to show how important their survival is for him - something more than just racial pride.

But there was still a lot to tell, and how different Krang was when he was younger. It's incredible how different he was; he did not care about having an empire. All he wanted was to preserve his species, no matter what they lost (besides the planet). So the question becomes, what happened? Why is he suddenly so much more like his father in the present?

Speaking of his father. Quanin, what happened to you, man? Where'd all that denial come from? I had discussed with Ceres the possibility that his mental health might have been deteriorating, as he swung from confiding to Krang that there was no chance of survival, to "we're going to win" less than a minute later. Though, it makes me wonder if Krang's later desire for universal conquest has something to do with that.

And then there was the stuff with the Fugitoid and Baxter Stockman. Namely, the mercy of the Fugitoid against the ruthlessness of Krang and Stockman, and his analysis between the two. "They're both awful, but at least Krang is acting with love". The Fugitoid really shines here, and not just because of his gold plating.

The one hitch I have is with the Triceratons. Where did Zog go? Is there any possibility that he might still be alive? The Triceatons are pretty much a brand new artificially created species. Their existence might have been shorter than Krang's own life, depending on if he had been born yet in Turtles in Time. It just seems like they needed a way to get the Triceratons in an that was the best way they could.

RaphaelsIsolation
12-30-2015, 01:41 PM
nice nice. thanks for the contribution utrom.

really enjoyed it

Leomaru
12-31-2015, 08:49 AM
My ranking:
1- Secret History of the Foot Clan
2- Utrom Empire
3- Turtles in Time
4- Mighty Mutanimals
5- TMNT/Ghostbusters
6- Casey and April

Mew
12-31-2015, 09:21 AM
Buttockshurt? Badonkadonkhurt?
Bumhurt, hindquartershurt.

ChosenOne
12-31-2015, 09:58 AM
Secret History of the Foot Clan, closely followed by Mighty Mutanimals. Utrom Empire was pretty cool, too. I wish it had an extra issue.

Sophie Campbell
12-31-2015, 10:06 AM
Turtles in Time of course! :D