PDA

View Full Version : Article about Bay seeing Kraang

Autbot_Benz
01-04-2016, 03:13 PM
http://comicbook.com/2016/01/04/krang-confirmed-for-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2/

They start with Ninja Turtles animation. Pablo Helman, a visual-effects supervisor who worked on the Star Wars prequels, appears onscreen and shows Bay the latest version of Krang, a new-to-the-movies villain who is, essentially, a disembodied brain inside a giant robot. "So we've eliminated the tentacles," Helman explains. "Is it too monster-ish?"

"He could have some tentacles," says Bay. "I just don't want them coming out of the side. He looks like a stupid octopus."

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-04-2016, 03:15 PM
Stupid octopus? That's reassuring. Yeah, remove the tentacles. :trolleye:

Casey
01-04-2016, 03:22 PM
Why? :tconfuse:

Seriously, if it ain't broke.

TigerClaw
01-04-2016, 03:49 PM
http://comicbook.com/2016/01/04/krang-confirmed-for-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2/

They start with Ninja Turtles animation. Pablo Helman, a visual-effects supervisor who worked on the Star Wars prequels, appears onscreen and shows Bay the latest version of Krang, a new-to-the-movies villain who is, essentially, a disembodied brain inside a giant robot. "So we've eliminated the tentacles," Helman explains. "Is it too monster-ish?"

"He could have some tentacles," says Bay. "I just don't want them coming out of the side. He looks like a stupid octopus."
If I remember, Krang only has 2 tentacles, which are used as hands since he has to pull the levers and stuff in the mechanical body.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-04-2016, 03:55 PM
If I remember, Krang only has 2 testicles, which are used as hands since he has to pull the levers and stuff in the mechanical body.

2 testicles is indeed the normal number of testicles.

IndigoErth
01-04-2016, 03:59 PM
Well, not to be that person, but could it get any clearer that "he's only a producer" means diddly if he still wants his greasy fingerprints all over it.

If you can't design something with tentacles without it looking like an octopus then perhaps rethink your design. Or, I dunno, design the android body in such a way that the side tentacles that bother you so much wouldn't really be in view anyhow. :trolleye: Or make anything other then the front more like small, vestigial tentacles for creep factor alone.

Surprised he hasn't redesigned humans because having four limbs make us look like cats and most other creatures on the planet.

MikeandRaph87
01-04-2016, 04:02 PM
Due to the lack of knowledge he has on the content it is best to keep him at bay.:P

TigerClaw
01-04-2016, 04:07 PM
there's a bit more about TMNT 2 in that article which talks about Bebop and Rocksteady.

They show him a clip of two other new characters, a mutant warthog and a mutant rhinoceros named Bebop and Rocksteady. "You gotta adjust that mass," Bay says. "That mass is not too good yet." He watches a few more times. "Is our rhino dude's head big enough, do you think?"

"We could make it bigger," Helman says. The ILM guys write it down.

Galactus
01-04-2016, 04:11 PM
Well the correct number of testicles for a disembodied brain should really be zero but it's Bay he's the one that gave them to Transformers so hey.

Seriously though have you read the actual article that comicbook.com links to.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/13-hours-can-michael-bay-pull-off-a-gritty-movie-about-benghazi-20160104?page=6

They show him a clip of two other new characters, a mutant warthog and a mutant rhinoceros named Bebop and Rocksteady. "You gotta adjust that mass," Bay says. "That mass is not too good yet." He watches a few more times. "Is our rhino dude's head big enough, do you think?"

"We could make it bigger," Helman says. The ILM guys write it down.

"We could make it bigger" - Isn't that Michael Bay's motto.

Also not related to TMNT but I found this interesting.

Finally, there's Transformers. They show Bay an underwater rendering of a crash-landed alien spaceship, then a new dump-truck Transformer with a cloak. Neither are up to snuff. "Boy, I've got a lot of work to do," Bay says, shaking his head. "I better finish this ****ing 13 Hours movie." He thanks ILM and kills the video link, then turns to me. "It's not good when I'm not involved."

"It's not good when I'm not involved"?

That and the general tone of talking about ILM seems so dismissive. To think some people involved in the previous TMNT movie were trying to guilt trip the fans for some of the ILM guys being upset at the reaction to those faces when you have **** this.

While I thought there were more than a few parts where the cgi for TMNT '14 was poor and really took you out of it I put that down to a lot of it having to be re-shot and lack of budget in general. I'm sure ILM did the best with what they were given in terms of design and how to realize it onscreen. The blame lies with Bay.

Also to bring it back to turtles.

Bay walks me out to my car. "You saw bad stuff today," he says. "Bad stuff. That Ninja Turtles stuff has a long way to go." He's quiet for a second. "But I guarantee you that that rhino's head is too small."

I know this is partially a persona he puts on as a defense but what a jerk.

Candy Kappa
01-04-2016, 04:18 PM
Pablo Helman, eh? I guess Krang will now sport full lushous lips, and a nose with a philtrum. Cause you can't animate faces without it.

IndigoErth
01-04-2016, 04:19 PM
"Michael is very aware of the crew's energy," says actor James Badge Dale, who plays CIA contractor and former Navy SEAL Tyrone "Rone" Woods.
"He'd come up to me and go, 'Badge, Badge look at the crew. They're bored, aren't they? We gotta blow something up.'"
Really? *sigh*

If only other jobs worked like that. (Though I'm wondering now if intense boredom would cause Bay to self destruct. Side note: He must have been a really irritating child.)

Also not related to TMNT but I found this interesting.

"It's not good when I'm not involved"?

That and the general tone of talking about ILM seems so dismissive. To think some people involved in the previous TMNT movie were trying to guilt trip the fans for some of the ILM guys being upset at the reaction to those faces when you have **** this.

While I thought there were more than a few parts where the cgi for TMNT '14 was poor and really took you out of I put that down to a lot of it having to be re-shot and lack of budget in general. I'm sure ILM did the best with what they were given in terms of design and how to realize it onscreen. The blame lies with Bay.
Also to bring it back to turtles.

I know this is partially a persona he puts on as a defense but what a jerk.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kC2AM4VDRwk/UdMbtdNPioI/AAAAAAAABE8/RgFuxt9xyJo/s600/FPT.jpg

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Ah, Bay. Only you would take away Krang's tentacles and replace them with testicles.

What a guy.

CyberCubed
01-04-2016, 04:26 PM
So now he's ruining Krang with no tentacles? Ugh.

Bay is RUINING my childhood. He is DESTROYING my childhood.

IndigoErth
01-04-2016, 04:27 PM
*pats* There there... I don't think there is much left to demolish after last time anyway.

Vicky82
01-04-2016, 04:32 PM
So now he's ruining Krang with no tentacles? Ugh.

Bay is RUINING my childhood. He is DESTROYING my childhood.

Read the article again

"He could have some tentacles," says Bay

"I just don't want them coming out of the side"

So I assume Bay wants the tentacles on the front of Krang not the sides.

And if they keep the tentacles, you probably wouldn't have noticed them anyway because he be inside a droid.

TigerClaw
01-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Read the article again

So I assume Bay wants the tentacles on the front of Krang not the sides.

And if they keep the tentacles, you probably wouldn't have noticed them anyway because he be inside a droid.
Yeah, Krang's tentacles are always on front, just like in the original series.

http://bogleech.com/images/tmnt-krang1.jpg

Vicky82
01-04-2016, 05:00 PM
Yeah, Krang's tentacles are always on front, just like in the original series.

http://bogleech.com/images/tmnt-krang1.jpg

I could guess that they were looking at Krang/Kraang/Utrom designs to find the perfect Krang for the movie.

So I guess that the Utrom design is out because they do look like a octopus with short tentacles :lol:

NinjaPug
01-04-2016, 05:32 PM
"We could make it bigger"

Way to learn nothing.

ToTheNines
01-04-2016, 05:38 PM
With the turtles being the size that they are, I had fully expected Bebop and "rhino dude" to be ****ing Kaiju.

TigerClaw
01-04-2016, 05:39 PM
With the turtles being the size that they are, I had fully expected Bebop and Rocksteady to be ****ing Kaiju.
They did look bigger then the Turtles from that trailer however, and they should be.

ToTheNines
01-04-2016, 05:40 PM
... what's your point?

IndigoErth
01-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Not even going to pretend I know what you mean... but at the very least, in the trailer Raph does get picked up by Rocksteady like an ill-tempered child which, at least when paused, kinda makes me laugh. I know he shrank down some but...

Would be nice to see a size comparison line up of the characters - Turtles, humans, and B & R alike.

I'll avoid questioning the source of Bay's obsessions with "bigger." :P

Powder
01-04-2016, 05:52 PM
If Krang had too many tentacles, perhaps he was doing us a favor. :tlol: Wouldn't surprise me if they went overboard.

"Stupid octopus", quoting the Superturtle anime, eh? :trazz:

All in all, this just further paints his despicable nature, it seems.

DarkLightDragon
01-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Well Bay is an expert when it comes to what is stupid and what is stupider.

DioLeo451
01-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Bay don't you screw this up make Krang look like Krang that's all I ask

Matt2310
01-04-2016, 06:08 PM
the fact that they dont have the designs down on Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang with a release in 6 months really scares me

Powder
01-04-2016, 06:20 PM
I know the article was just published today but it's possible he did the interview weeks ago, no? Like before the trailer came out & stuff. I didn't read it, so if there's anything date specific in there, whoops.

Candy Kappa
01-04-2016, 06:27 PM
I'm sure Krang wil look absolute fab, maybe something like this :P

http://orig05.deviantart.net/9adf/f/2016/004/6/f/pd_krang_by_candykappa-d9mryxw.jpg

IndigoErth
01-04-2016, 06:31 PM
I'm sure Krang wil look absolute fab, maybe something like this :P

http://orig05.deviantart.net/9adf/f/2016/004/6/f/pd_krang_by_candykappa-d9mryxw.jpg
:teek: ROFL

Clearly that Spongebob episode** had a deleted crossover scene and fab Krang was the result.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/af/89/41/af8941c6d9c23954f47b09934e1c6875.jpg

DarkLightDragon
01-04-2016, 06:44 PM
So Shredder "accidently" hit him with a door one day and viola?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-04-2016, 06:48 PM
You guys are not making enough testicle jokes. Seriously, best typo ever.

turtlefanforever
01-04-2016, 06:52 PM
"at least it's not the next mutation" right douchebags? haha that's what you get for complaining.

IndigoErth
01-04-2016, 06:54 PM
Wow.

You guys are not making enough testicle jokes. Seriously, best typo ever.
Sorry...I failed to help continue it after catching my own likewise typo before it was spotted. :tlol: (Damn you Firefox spell check and clicking the wrong one.) I was really expecting to see it more to be honest.

Commenter 42
01-04-2016, 07:04 PM
Pablo Helman, eh? I guess Krang will now sport full lushous lips, and a nose with a philtrum. Cause you can't animate faces without it.

https://ioneglobalgrind.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/91910-208134-10227315jpg-620x.jpg

It's nice to know somebody gets it.

Ninjinister
01-04-2016, 07:21 PM

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1445/23552874924_587c429b46_o.png

Autbot_Benz
01-04-2016, 07:39 PM
"at least it's not the next mutation" right douchebags? haha that's what you get for complaining.

to be fair you twit it doesn't take much to be better than Next Mutation

IndigoErth
01-04-2016, 07:46 PM
:lol:

Side note, Bay, for future Utrom reference, look a real one:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/7OzIaHtYj16HMjtM3Tkt38ov4oe70cqTOtIuOVc5CNYz2sURLp zrn7G60PPeYfadzFGOKpvVyvh7K7gAyK2F7CEy8RJ51I7VOOJ_ _FwF_g6MawwgQbyFtQUAbpI=w506-h284

Anyone who could look it in the face and call it a stupid octopus is just cruel.

TigerClaw
01-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Regarding Rocksteady if his head is big enough, do you guys think his head is big enough judging from the trailer?

http://nukethefridge.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/TMNT-2-Trailer-938x535-750x400.jpg

http://cdn.movieweb.com/img.news.tops/NE4eNq6Ovocf76_2_b.jpg

Powder
01-04-2016, 08:26 PM

"Stupid octopus", quoting the Superturtle anime, eh?

Heyyyyy. :tshifty: :trazz:

Regarding Rocksteady if his head is big enough, do you guys think his head is big enough judging from the trailer?

It's perfectly fine, but I suspect this interview might be a bit older than the shots in that trailer.

DarkFell
01-04-2016, 08:35 PM
"So we've eliminated the tentacles," Helman explains. "Is it too monster-ish?"
Aww...dammit. Krang is suppose to look monster-ish. That's part of what gave him his appeal aside from his attitude. Jeez. Let the Utrom keep what made him awesome in appearance (all of his appearance including not putting his tentacles in some awkward retarded position on him), and in attitude.
http://gifstumblr.com/images/never-go-full-retard_1271.gif

TrickOrTreater
01-04-2016, 09:16 PM
God you are the worst, Michael Bay.

Just the worst.

Leo656
01-04-2016, 09:45 PM
Nothing but garbage. Un-f***ing-believable.

Autbot_Benz
01-04-2016, 10:00 PM
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?p=1534026#post1534026

go here to see what Krang's movie figure looks like. DVD just posted all the basic figures for TMNT 2

Bry
01-04-2016, 10:04 PM
You know that thing that everybody already likes the way it is? It's broken. Obviously. Luckily Michael Bay is here to fix it by demanding changes based on whatever random thought comes to his head during a brief production meeting (y'know, whenever he decides to pop by in-between buying sports cars).

TrickOrTreater
01-04-2016, 10:45 PM
You know that thing that everybody already likes the way it is? It's broken. Obviously. Luckily Michael Bay is here to fix it by demanding changes based on whatever random thought comes to his head during a brief production meeting (y'know, whenever he decides to pop by in-between buying sports cars).

"I feel like the rhino guy's head is too small."

"He looks like a stupid octopus."

-Michael Bay, auteur.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-04-2016, 10:52 PM
"I feel like the rhino guy's head is too small."

"He looks like a stupid octopus."

-Michael Bay, auteur.

Who are you to judge genius!? You Philistine, you.

TrickOrTreater
01-04-2016, 10:54 PM
Who are you to judge genius!? You Philistine, you.

I'd like to see his genius.

Splattered on the grill of a bus.

Sumac
01-05-2016, 08:07 AM
Oh My...had a good laugh from reading about "maestro" at work and comments here.
Anyone who still insist that Bay has nothing to do with TMNT movies and just a "producer", can go eat a fat roasted crow (with tentacles as a side dish).

DarkLightDragon
01-05-2016, 08:31 AM

With extra ketchup?

TerranigmaFreak
01-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Michael Bay's head is not big enough. Can we replace it with a bigger one?

Panda_Kahn_fan
01-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Ugh, he really should go back and look at the cartoon before making judgement calls like this. :(

Still, if the figure is anything to go by, Krang will at least look like Krang. Still... not very good though:(.

TigerClaw
01-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Krang will have tentacles, just on the front, not on the side, He said it in that interview.

IndigoErth
01-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Anyone who still insist that Bay has nothing to do with TMNT movies and just a "producer", can go eat a fat roasted crow (with tentacles as a side dish).
Mhmm... Have lost count how many times that claim should have died by now, and yet it keeps resurrecting.

Michael Bay's head is not big enough. Can we replace it with a bigger one?
:lol::tlol:

drewizzle88
01-05-2016, 01:24 PM
"Krang is like totally naked, design some hip new clothes for him. Wait is Krang a he? It's pink it has to be a she. Oh and add some lips, huge lips. I'm going to have this epic shot of Krang and Megan Fox making out with the Statue of Liberty exploding into a mushroom cloud behind them. I'm amazing." -Michael Bay

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-05-2016, 01:28 PM
"Krang is like totally naked, design some hip new clothes for him. Wait is Krang a he? It's pink it has to be a she. Oh and add some lips, huge lips. I'm going to have this epic shot of Krang and Megan Fox making out with the Statue of Liberty exploding into a mushroom cloud behind them. I'm amazing." -Michael Bay

Now that you made me think of it, I'm surprised Bay didn't want tentacles. HUGE tentacles.

For... certain types of scenes with Megan Fox. 'Cause Bay is a classy guy like that.

Commenter 42
01-05-2016, 02:02 PM
Bay doesn't like Cephalopodes. They're stupid. Stupid-pusses.

Sumac
01-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Now that you made me think of it, I'm surprised Bay didn't want tentacles. HUGE tentacles.

For... certain types of scenes with Megan Fox. 'Cause Bay is a classy guy like that.
Is he fun of that kind of anime, though?

Technogeek29
01-05-2016, 03:55 PM
Is he fun of that kind of anime, though?

Do you want an answer to that?

The Deadman
01-05-2016, 08:05 PM
If he watched the original cartoon, he'd know that Krang looked nothing like an octopus. Then again this is the same guy who wanted to make the Turtles to look like an alien species.

Foombamaroom
01-05-2016, 08:58 PM
2 testicles is indeed the normal number of testicles.
DYING.

With the turtles being the size that they are, I had fully expected Bebop and "rhino dude" to be ****ing Kaiju.
I think he might be trying to make a Bebop & Rocksteady vs. The Dinobots movie. God have mercy on us all.

So... You want to see an exploding bus?

ssjup81
01-06-2016, 04:44 PM
"Krang is like totally naked, design some hip new clothes for him. Wait is Krang a he? It's pink it has to be a she. Oh and add some lips, huge lips. I'm going to have this epic shot of Krang and Megan Fox making out with the Statue of Liberty exploding into a mushroom cloud behind them. I'm amazing." -Michael BayMy mood is terrible this morning. I think Japan is starting to take its toll on me...but this made me smile and laugh. I thank you for cheering me up. :lol:

GoFlo
01-06-2016, 05:19 PM
If he watched the original cartoon, he'd know that Krang looked nothing like an octopus. Then again this is the same guy who wanted to make the Turtles to look like an alien species.

Bay didn't say the original Krang looked like an octopus. He just said that he didn't want Krang in this movie to look like an octopus. Based on the article, it seems like the guy designing Krang presented Bay with a version of him with a lot of tentacles, but Bay thought the tentacles were too much. So then he presented to Bay a tentacle-less Krang , and Bay said it was OK for him to have some tentacles as long as he doesn't look like an octopus. So basically like the 80's cartoon version. At least that's how I see it.