PDA

View Full Version : First Look At Krang, Shredder, & Disguised Turtles!

Powder
01-04-2016, 10:00 PM
Courtesy Technodrome user "DVD", our resident toy guru in China that gets stuff early! :tgrin:

The leaflet.
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/8926F76D-17E2-415C-B939-FC494EBA6C34.jpg (http://s857.photobucket.com/user/DVD_023/media/8926F76D-17E2-415C-B939-FC494EBA6C34.jpg.html)

The pages:
Basic Figures.
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/C22C0120-553C-478E-A63D-EBBCE9A2B36E.jpg (http://s857.photobucket.com/user/DVD_023/media/C22C0120-553C-478E-A63D-EBBCE9A2B36E.jpg.html)
The Bikes.
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/B85DA27E-C676-4B50-B466-765B976704D7.jpg (http://s857.photobucket.com/user/DVD_023/media/B85DA27E-C676-4B50-B466-765B976704D7.jpg.html)

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/C22C0120-553C-478E-A63D-EBBCE9A2B36E.jpg

Shredder's fairly modest, I can dig it. Looks a lot like The Next Mutation's figure of him. Krang on the other hand comes off like one of Hellraisers homeboys, not really feeling that (bracelets would help a lot, for my tastes).

TigerClaw
01-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Courtesy Technodrome user "DVD", our resident toy guru in China that gets stuff early! :tgrin:

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/C22C0120-553C-478E-A63D-EBBCE9A2B36E.jpg
Krang looks good, but keep in mind, these toys tend not to be 100% accurate to the movie designs.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-04-2016, 10:04 PM
Donnie continues to reinforce the misconception that Donnie is not cool and capable of being a badass.

Krang looks a little weird... still not sure what I think about it; need a higher-res image.

Bebop and Rocksteady look pretty great, though.

I wonder if Casey's mask comes off?

Galactus
01-04-2016, 10:04 PM
*sigh

Not just Krang but Shredder too.

Autbot_Benz
01-04-2016, 10:06 PM
at least shredder is not wearing a dead Transformer's body this time.

TigerClaw
01-04-2016, 10:06 PM
I'm gonna share that image on Twitter, since its our first look at Krang.

TurtleTitan97
01-04-2016, 10:08 PM

Gee, thanks for the update. I'm sure most of us were simply dying from the suspense. [/sarcasm]

Krang and Shredder look weird.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Krang looks good, but keep in mind, these toys tend not to be 100% accurate to the movie designs.

Dude. The only inaccuracies are due to crappy paint quality. This is spot on.

*sigh

Not just Krang but Shredder too.

Yeah, Shredder... looks like a bladed Black Power Ranger?

Autbot_Benz
01-04-2016, 10:12 PM

http://i68.tinypic.com/29cqgz6.jpg

Leo656
01-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Bebop is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Galactus
01-04-2016, 10:20 PM
at least shredder is not wearing a dead Transformer's body this time.

I think I actually liked that better.

The idea that Shredder might use mech armor isn't necessarily a wrong one although you'd think they'd built up to it and the look was based on an actual Shredder design in the canon, the popular '03 series design. It was just way over done with all the jagged pieces, extra blades and visible mechanical parts etc. Here it looks like one of the rejected military based Shredder designs from the first movie but with blades. The helmet itself seems to cover the whole face making it look less like a ninja and more like...a soldier with Fred Wolf Shredder parts.

The Krang design...well I can kinda empathize with the designers here. In their oversteer to make everything based visually on the Fred Wolf show they've got a problem that not everything about that show was all that good. Krang's android body was always an awkward design that I know I'm not alone in thinking it was weird even as a kid and didn't make any lick of sense. Unless you're really going full-on Fred Wolf I don't think it can really work, it looks awkward with the darker 'edgy' stuff with Krang body design but could work if not for those fleshy parts.

This is where I think they really have to 'get' the franchise. To know which elements are okay to change and in which ways and to what degree. Simply doing edgier versions of the 80s show designs just doesn't work.

TigerClaw
01-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Here's the Technodrome!

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/51AF57C5-6FEC-4C77-8E52-F11DBA699ACB.jpg

ToTheNines
01-04-2016, 10:22 PM
Kraang looks like turd.

Also hate that they're using the Nick spelling en ingles.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Here's the Technodrome!

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/51AF57C5-6FEC-4C77-8E52-F11DBA699ACB.jpg

Hmm... I'd love to see what it looks like closed up, an exterior shot... and where's the eyeball? :tlol:

I think I actually liked that better.

The idea that Shredder might use mech armor necessarily a wrong one although you'd think they'd built up to and the look was based on an actual Shredder design in the canon. It was just way over done with all the jagged aesthetic, extra blades and mechanical parts etc. Here it looks like one of the rejected military based Shredder designs from the first movie but with blades. The helmet itself seems to cover the whole face making it look less like a ninja and more like...a soldier with Fred Wolf Shredder parts.

The Krang design...well I can kinda empathize with the designers here. In their oversteer to make everything based visually on the Fred Wolf show they've got a problem that not everything about that show was all that good. Krang's android body was always an awkward design that I know I'm not alone in thinking it was weird even as a kid and didn't make any lick of sense. Unless you're really going full-on Fred Wolf I don't think it can really work, it looks awkward with the darker 'edgy' stuff with Krang body design but could work if not for those fleshy parts.

This is where I think they really have to 'get' the franchise. To know which elements are okay to change and in which ways and to what degree. Simply doing edgier versions of the 80s show designs just doesn't work.

The ONE thing Bay got right is he didn't give Krang's body those atrocious red briefs.

Powder
01-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Ah, so the Technodrome takes its inspiration from Turtles Forever. That's pretty neat.

Leo656
01-04-2016, 10:28 PM
Looks kinda like Epcot Center. :trazz:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Ah, so the Technodrome takes its inspiration from Turtles Forever. That's pretty neat.

How so? All the cables and hoses and thingies?

Powder
01-04-2016, 10:40 PM
No, that it's seemingly just a floaty orb with a red laser in the center & some antennas on the sides.

MikeandRaph87
01-04-2016, 10:40 PM
April, Karai, and Baxter Stockman are all noticeably absent. There is also not a Donatello in disguise either. I am surprosed to get a glimse of Krang now back of a toy package or in any way. I was hoping hevwould be teased and only glimpsed in the final trailer.

IndigoErth
01-04-2016, 10:45 PM
Well I gotta say they've gotten my curiosity to see how these disguises factor in. (Or are they going to end up like the short lived prior Raph figure with a cut out scene, or just an add-on to the toy line that doesn't really happen.)

I only got the 11" Leo last time, the only movie toy I bought and wasn't big on the small ones...but I might need the small figures this time. (Unless the big one impresses me more.) Gah, say what you will of them wearing stuff, but I'm too much of a sucker for it... Leo's new pants and belts and now a hoodie, and Mikey in a pirate costume? :D

Unsure if that's a costume for Raph or if it has some purpose... Too bad Donnie doesn't have one, maybe it's some scene he's elsewhere communicating with the other three from the truck or something.

TigerClaw
01-04-2016, 10:49 PM
Well I gotta say they've gotten my curiosity to see how these disguises factor in. (Or are they going to end up like the short lived prior Raph figure with a cut out scene, or just an add-on to the toy line that doesn't really happen.)

I only got the 11" Leo last time, the only movie toy I bought and wasn't big on the small ones...but I might need the small figures this time. (Unless the big one impresses me more.) Gah, say what you will of them wearing stuff, but I'm too much of a sucker for it... Leo's new pants and belts and now a hoodie, and Mikey in a pirate costume? :D
Probably during the Halloween parade scene.

TrickOrTreater
01-04-2016, 10:50 PM
You know, I'm going to be completely honest here, I might actually have been excited about toned-down Shredder and fairly interesting and cool-looking mutated Bebop and Rocksteady(appearing for the first time ever in a live action movie).

If it had been any other Turtle movie series. Because I saw the first movie, and it was really really bad, and the only thing I can muster for those things that would have otherwise gotten me pretty excited and hopeful, is complete and utter indifference.

Because Shredder will probably be one-note and boring and not at all interesting, no matter how toned-down his outfit is, human Bebop and Rocksteady still look ridiculous, this movie stars Stephen Amell as Stephen Amell, the Turtles still look awful, Megan Fox is still involved, and so are most of the other people from the first movie.

"Meh" is all I can put forth.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-04-2016, 10:53 PM
Now instead of having one customed Turtle not actually show up in the movie, the sequel can have THREE costumed Turtles not actually show up in the movie! Yay!

sdp
01-04-2016, 11:03 PM
It's hard to tell from the picture but Krang looks like Krang to me, well maybe not his android body but yeah after reading the interview about Bay's opinion on tentacle-less Krang I expected him to look a lot more like the 2k3 Utroms which were basically Krang without tentacles.

tmnt transformer
01-04-2016, 11:07 PM
These figures are waaaaaay better then the last movie ones. I like them already.

Ninjinister
01-04-2016, 11:22 PM
without tentacles.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/b/ba/Krang2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070320023710

wat

sdp
01-04-2016, 11:40 PM
Should've worded it differently, he mentions they can have tentacles but not big side tentacles, so my first thought was Utroms who have tentacles but not in your face like Krang's.

CyberCubed
01-04-2016, 11:41 PM
The poor saps can't even do their research right and spelled "Krang" as "Kraang" like the Nick show does. When this is the original Krang, not the hive of Kraang.

Meow
01-05-2016, 12:04 AM
The poor saps can't even do their research right and spelled "Krang" as "Kraang" like the Nick show does. When this is the original Krang, not the hive of Kraang.
Not to forget the "Destructor" translation for Shredder haha :D

IndigoErth
01-05-2016, 12:12 AM
Not to forget the "Destructor" translation for Shredder haha :D
Hah, hadn't noticed that.

Yet "translated" for Krang is spelled the old way... lol Wut?

Commenter 42
01-05-2016, 01:47 AM
The Rhino dudes head IS bigger.

8)

TrickOrTreater
01-05-2016, 03:22 AM
The Rhino dudes head IS bigger.

8)

Haha, penis.

METALHEAD
01-05-2016, 03:39 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/29cqgz6.jpg

Don't have to be a ****in dick about his comments, man. You're being rude.

Technogeek29
01-05-2016, 03:55 AM
Would've preferred Krang's IDW android body I like the old one but because of how silly it was it was never a design I took seriously.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-4TTaQnwMzcN3MExRKkCsu7zPWWdMJpVEJAeYl96ONo0hnBsXoK z3086_0o3V87tuCQ9O6qqbZEwnWiiUv5g47bXekCJ9TGMfSDMk OFQ90VzX4rHQPC7DzGFPw

Just look at how intimidating he is?

Candy Kappa
01-05-2016, 04:09 AM

Well... The Turtle figures do look better then the previous movie figures, but I suspect the majority of that paint detail will be gone like the red stripes on Raph's karate belt. It would have been nice if wingsuit Raph's wings was able to fold up.

The anatomy of the humans looks awkward and Shredder really needs some color, cause all black with a bit of silver looks boring, but still better then the mech suit.

R&B looks undersized of course and Krang looks... exactly what I'd expect from a LA interpretation of FW Krang, black and silver, and close enough for that nostalgia factor. Oddly, the best figure is the Foot Soldier this time.

Stun baton staff... Can't give Donnie a Bo, no no, of course not. And, did Mikey tear off the giant scab he calls a plastron to fit the pirate costume, cause he's green on his chest :lol:

Wildcat
01-05-2016, 05:13 AM
They all look pretty darn good. Much better than the first line but I'm sure the paint jobs will be nothing this nice.

Krang's android body looks good. It looks like maybe his skin is coming off. Look at his hands. Like The body is modeled after a big wrestler or something and this is without normal clothes and armor exposed...in such a way it resembles the OT obviously.

Glad to have confirmed Krang and Technodrome.

neatoman
01-05-2016, 06:20 AM
Here's the Technodrome!

The toys probably don't have accurate proportions, so based on this and what we've seen of Shredder in the trailers, I think Shredder looks fine. Krang looks ok but I'm worried they're still giving the android body a skin, which was always weird and pointless to me. The Technodrome is probably way bigger than what this toy seems to suggest and it's really diffucult to tell what it will look like since they toy isn't closed, it seems to look more like the Death Star than the Technodrome though.

nickzark
01-05-2016, 06:27 AM
They are better than the first movie but dont know.Dont like them very much.I always preferred old time classics

Meow
01-05-2016, 07:12 AM
Well yeah I'm having quite a hard time as well with those shrek-alike Turtles :/

nickzark
01-05-2016, 07:46 AM
Well yeah I'm having quite a hard time as well with those shrek-alike Turtles :/

Yes man.They are so shrek Turtles.I can not easy like them

turtlefanforever
01-05-2016, 08:16 AM
Krang actually doesnt look that bad. VERY suprised.

Sumac
01-05-2016, 08:23 AM
Is Rock playing Krang's Android, because, it looks a lot like him from this image?

Otherwise, toys look crappy, aside from Turtles, me thinks. Shredder is basic. I bet he will has another version down the line.

Panda_Kahn_fan
01-05-2016, 09:32 AM
Uh, guys? I still have my issues with the movie, but... I really want those shredder, foot soldier, krang, rocksteady and bebop figures! :D

Matt2310
01-05-2016, 09:32 AM
these figures suck, and the last movie figures sucked, even tho i bought them they are still sealed in a box under my bed, they need to make these new movie characters using the TMNT Classic collection style

ranger_scout
01-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Not too bad. I really expecting much worse for Krang after the comments Michael Bay made about him yesterday.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
01-05-2016, 02:07 PM
I'm just happy to get what "Secret of the Ooze" could have been.

RaphaelinSTL
01-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Krang actually doesnt look that bad. VERY suprised.

This! I don't mind the design of Krang at all....and I like the Bebop, Rocksteady and even Shredder look for the most part....but damn it, it's still the stupid Bay Turtles that kills it overall for me. =(

Sumac
01-05-2016, 03:12 PM
I'm just happy to get what "Secret of the Ooze" could have been.
Without Vanilla Ice?! What a blasphemy!!

j/k

Powder
01-05-2016, 03:33 PM
these figures suck, and the last movie figures sucked, even tho i bought them they are still sealed in a box under my bed, they need to make these new movie characters using the TMNT Classic collection style

You really have never made sense. If they suck so bad why the hell did you buy them? All you did was tell Playmates that they can still make sales with bare minimum effort. :roll:

Meow
01-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Without Vanilla Ice?! What a blasphemy!!
Haha! "Go ninja go ninja go" :D I gotta give you that ^^

Foombamaroom
01-05-2016, 08:52 PM
Shredder: ...He looks better than Shreddertron, let's just leave it at that. Although I feel I'll like the design if I see the proper coloring.

But good god, I'm not gonna lie here, Krang looks stupid. I'm holding out my thoughts until the movie is released... but god almighty.

These people literally took the one character that'd look bad if they followed their Fred Wolf counterpart's look and decided to make that the basis of their design... What the actual hell?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Shredder: ...He looks better than Shreddertron, let's just leave it at that. Although I feel I'll like the design if I see the proper coloring.

But good god, I'm not gonna lie here, Krang looks stupid. I'm holding out my thoughts until the movie is released... but god almighty.

These people literally took the one character that'd look bad if they followed their Fred Wolf counterpart's look and decided to make that the basis of their design... What the actual hell?

I've missed you, man. And absolutely spot-on with your Krang statement.

NinjaPug
01-05-2016, 09:52 PM
Not a fan of Krang's look or that he goes by Kraang in this and really hate that Bebop has a gut.

I'm a big fan of Shredder's look though. Such an improvement over the first movie.

Doesn't look like they'll be having a Karai toy for this either.

Leo656
01-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Bebop really is a goddamn tub. That's rather disappointing.

ToTheNines
01-05-2016, 10:22 PM
http://cdn.instructables.com/FEK/8DY1/F0FOM61P/FEK8DY1F0FOM61P.SQUARE3.jpg

LeotheLateBloomer
01-06-2016, 12:55 AM

This is coming from someone with gifs from the last movie.

Krang actually looks okay. I didn't expect him to look that great knowing the man behind Transformer is part of this.:lol:

The Technodrome looks similar to Nick's version.

Matt2310
01-06-2016, 06:38 AM
This is coming from someone with gifs from the last movie.

Krang actually looks okay. I didn't expect him to look that great knowing the man behind Transformer is part of this.:lol:

The Technodrome looks similar to Nick's version.

who said anything about the movie? i bought the figures hoping they would be good, i actually liked the new movie design... just not the quality and detail of the figures, they didn't even have eyes which was pretty stupid

Matt2310
01-06-2016, 06:41 AM
You really have never made sense. If they suck so bad why the hell did you buy them? All you did was tell Playmates that they can still make sales with bare minimum effort. :roll:

i bought them because I'm a fan and wanted them, they came and looked like ass.

minimum effort? the classic collection are pretty solid figures?......

Powder
01-06-2016, 06:46 AM
How could you not know they looked like ass in advance? You bought them from a website with a picture on it, I assume. Surely you didn't order them blind, I don't think that's even possible. & minimum effort is the movie figures we're talking about right now.

Leolead
01-06-2016, 07:48 AM
Krang looks cool, can't wait to get a closer look. And Shredder looks better than the first film.

Amaranthus
01-06-2016, 08:58 AM
Bebop really is a goddamn tub. That's rather disappointing.

Basically the opposite of the Nick series Bebop. :lol:

newhire13
01-06-2016, 10:23 AM
Bebop looks big but going by that scene in the trailer when he rushes and body slams Leo it doesn't seem to slow him down any.

Foombamaroom
01-06-2016, 10:31 AM
Bebop looks big but going by that scene in the trailer when he rushes and body slams Leo it doesn't seem to slow him down any.

Well, some sumo wrestlers are known to be able to have an immense amount of speed...

graphic_content
01-06-2016, 04:10 PM

im genuinely surprised by how athletic some ppl regardless of their size:

i mean this as no offense to anybody as I myself am a large indivdual, but generally speaking us big-boned guys CANNOT do what this guys does ---->

vXv8Dk78r0k

Utrommaniac
01-06-2016, 04:24 PM
There's a pretty interesting reason for that, actually.

All his fat appears to be soft, much like in sumo wrestlers. People whose fat is mostly soft are generally going to be more capable of strenuous activity than those whose fat is mostly hard. Such as sumo wrestlers and that guy.

In there case, the fat is "just" fat. They are still incredibly fit and healthy as horses.

TigerClaw
01-06-2016, 04:25 PM
The Sewer Lair Playset reveals what the Technodrome really looks like. :)

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/ABA132CC-745F-4673-9AE5-623D1770AA43.jpg

It looks like the Technodrome is a combination of the 80s and Nickelodeon version.

Technogeek29
01-06-2016, 04:26 PM
There's a pretty interesting reason for that, actually.

All his fat appears to be soft, much like in sumo wrestlers. People whose fat is mostly soft are generally going to be more capable of strenuous activity than those whose fat is mostly hard. Such as sumo wrestlers and that guy.

In there case, the fat is "just" fat. They are still incredibly fit and healthy as horses.

Beat me to it, yeah that's part of the reason some people can't get thin naturally without literally starving themselves.

Utrommaniac
01-06-2016, 04:29 PM
Okay, I have to admit...that looks like a pretty kick*** playset. That kid would just be slightly taller than it if he was standing.

TigerClaw
01-06-2016, 04:31 PM
Okay, I have to admit...that looks like a pretty kick*** playset. That kid would just be slightly taller than it if he was standing.
True, but its the Technodrome that caught my attention.

Foombamaroom
01-06-2016, 04:49 PM
I'm not gonna lie here, it looks like one of Devastator's testicles from Transformers 2.

All and all, though, the Technodrome looks like the Nick version without any color.

Matt2310
01-06-2016, 05:18 PM
How could you not know they looked like ass in advance? You bought them from a website with a picture on it, I assume. Surely you didn't order them blind, I don't think that's even possible. & minimum effort is the movie figures we're talking about right now.

they looked pretty good from the pictures, actually had eyes and such....

Bry
01-06-2016, 05:20 PM

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/ABA132CC-745F-4673-9AE5-623D1770AA43.jpg

It looks like the Technodrome is a combination of the 80s and Nickelodeon version.

So a big, boring, asteroid-looking ball in the sky, utterly devoid of style or personality? There've been a few less-than-stellar Technodrome reimaginings over the years, but none of them have been this dull.

Also worth noting that they just recycled the Nick playset for this with a few minor changes:

https://sep.yimg.com/ay/dragonballzcentral/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-nickelodeon-secret-sewer-lair-playset-playmates-2.jpg

Leolead
01-06-2016, 05:41 PM

It's kind of a shame that everything gets revealed through toys. Was kinda hoping to see the Technodrome in the movie as a surprise. Anyways, it looks like those ships that we saw in the trailer, so i'm guessing that they do indeed combine.

Utrommaniac
01-06-2016, 06:10 PM
It's kind of a shame that everything gets revealed through toys.

Isn't that exactly how the "big reveal" of that one Spiderman villain got revealed? When they tried to keep it as secret as possible, then was ruined by a pez dispenser?

Etsyturtle2
01-06-2016, 06:13 PM
I need exterior pics of the new drome. Even in toy form.

Leolead
01-06-2016, 06:17 PM
Isn't that exactly how the "big reveal" of that one Spiderman villain got revealed? When they tried to keep it as secret as possible, then was ruined by a pez dispenser?
Yep. And then everybody started bashing it for looking "too human" because they were use to Todd Mcfarlane's animalistic design.

I don't know why, but toys and Merchandise always seem to leak no matter how hard a Studio tries to keep the reveal under wraps.

TigerClaw
01-06-2016, 06:25 PM
Yep. And then everybody started bashing it for looking "too human" because they were use to Todd Mcfarlane's animalistic design.

I don't know why, but toys and Merchandise always seem to leak no matter how hard a Studio tries to keep the reveal under wraps.
and the toys are partially accurate, The only thing is the toys have lesser details then the real thing.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-06-2016, 06:34 PM
Welp, chalk up the Technodrome to another aspect of TMNT that Platinum Dunes fvcked up... :trolleye:

TrickOrTreater
01-06-2016, 06:43 PM
So a big, boring, asteroid-looking ball in the sky, utterly devoid of style or personality? There've been a few less-than-stellar Technodrome reimaginings over the years, but none of them have been this dull.

Also worth noting that they just recycled the Nick playset for this with a few minor changes:

https://sep.yimg.com/ay/dragonballzcentral/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-nickelodeon-secret-sewer-lair-playset-playmates-2.jpg

Looks like the garbage ball from that one episode of Futurama.

Matt2310
01-06-2016, 06:44 PM
Welp, chalk up the Technodrome to another aspect of TMNT that Platinum Dunes fvcked up... :trolleye:

not a fan? i kinda like it, I'm interested to see how it plays out

Foombamaroom
01-06-2016, 06:58 PM
We already know how it's going to play out. It's going to show up in the last ten minutes in the movie and then be destroyed. Because God knows these producers can't end the movie on a cliffhanger and have the Technodrome be a huge, unstoppable force for the third movie.

That's another thing, what's the plot of the third movie gonna be?
They're probably gonna take out Krang and the Technodrome in this movie... that should've been the grand finale. I'm guessing Triceratons?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-06-2016, 07:14 PM
not a fan? i kinda like it, I'm interested to see how it plays out

Not at all. To quote Deadpool, it looks like a "testicle with teeth."

So far, IDW seems to be the only new take on the Technodrome that's worth a damn.

Powder
01-06-2016, 07:16 PM
They're probably gonna take out Krang and the Technodrome in this movie...

One thing's for sure, if they do destroy the drome, you can bet they'll have Donnie use the technology to build them a turtle blimp or some other mad thing. :roll:

Etsyturtle2
01-06-2016, 07:23 PM
One thing's for sure, if they do destroy the drome, you can bet they'll have Donnie use the technology to build them a turtle blimp or some other mad thing. :roll:

Because that would be terrible! Especially in a movie with aliens, mutants, and hidden sewer turtles who drive giant garbage trucks!

Bry
01-06-2016, 08:01 PM
Because that would be terrible! Especially in a movie with aliens, mutants, and hidden sewer turtles who drive giant garbage trucks!

These guys should have to prove they can write a halfway coherent story before they get to play with all the fancy toys. Using this stuff as gimmicks and fan-service to distract people from paper-thin characters and another lousy script is just a waste.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-06-2016, 08:06 PM
These guys should have to prove they can write a halfway coherent story before they get to play with all the fancy toys. Using this stuff as gimmicks and fan-service to distract people from paper-thin characters and another lousy script is just a waste.

THESE people have already proven they can't. If only--no, no. I was gonna say if only Eastman or Laird had the rights, but then we wouldn't have IDW comics.

Platinum Dunes TMNT is the price we pay for IDW TMNT, I guess. :tgrumble:

TigerClaw
01-06-2016, 10:05 PM
Here's a closer look at the Technodrome from that playset.

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/BA3B2B8D-3BC2-49FA-AF4B-B250C6EE8414.jpg

Leo656
01-06-2016, 10:12 PM

http://www.seattleknights.com/uploads/5/4/5/3/5453217/7252140_orig.jpg

These are the kinds of movies for people who actually like dumb sh*t like Mortal Kombat: Annihilation and X-Men 3, not like to watch and make fun of but actually enjoy without irony (yes, I've had people try and defend Annihilation to me). Everything is sh*tty and there's no story to speak of, really, and everything is "adapted" so terribly wrong, but look! There's that bit character from that thing you liked! And everything happens so fast you don't have any time to dwell on how bad it all sucks, so like who cares, right? Just look at THAT thing blow up and THAT goofy CGI nonsense over there and THIS little bit of fan-wank right here and pretend all this sh*t adds up to anything decent.

In other words, it all adds up to be far, far less than the sum of its parts. Because they're not putting that stuff in with any kind of care, they're just tossing it on top because they know people will spunk over it because it reminds them of being 8. It'd be different if there was any kind of authentic craftsmanship being done here, but no, it's throwaway junk that they slapped together in six months.

"Oh, wow! It's Dark Phoenix! I mean, well, NO, it really isn't, but... yay?" Same sh*t.

Technodrome is a really tiny Death Star. Nice to know these guys are ripping off stuff from the fanfic I wrote in like 2003. :lol: Where's my check, bitches?

TrickOrTreater
01-06-2016, 10:33 PM
We already know how it's going to play out. It's going to show up in the last ten minutes in the movie and then be destroyed. Because God knows these producers can't end the movie on a cliffhanger and have the Technodrome be a huge, unstoppable force for the third movie.

They're probably gonna take out Krang and the Technodrome in this movie... that should've been the grand finale. I'm guessing Triceratons?

If we're lucky THIS one flops real bad and Paramount goes back to the drawing board film-wise.

TheCanadiandrome
01-06-2016, 10:37 PM

Krang be like "Beam me up" :lol:

Bry
01-06-2016, 10:47 PM
These are the kinds of movies for people who actually like dumb sh*t like Mortal Kombat: Annihilation and X-Men 3, not like to watch and make fun of but actually enjoy without irony (yes, I've had people try and defend Annihilation to me). Everything is sh*tty and there's no story to speak of, really, and everything is "adapted" so terribly wrong, but look! There's that bit character from that thing you liked! And everything happens so fast you don't have any time to dwell on how bad it all sucks, so like who cares, right? Just look at THAT thing blow up and THAT goofy CGI nonsense over there and THIS little bit of fan-wank right here and pretend all this sh*t adds up to anything decent.

In other words, it all adds up to be far, far less than the sum of its parts. Because they're not putting that stuff in with any kind of care, they're just tossing it on top because they know people will spunk over it because it reminds them of being 8. It'd be different if there was any kind of authentic craftsmanship being done here, but no, it's throwaway junk that they slapped together in six months.

There's a tiny little voice in my head that wants to disagree with any of this, that wants to hold onto a shred of hope... but I think I just heard his death rattle. :P

Because you're right. They only have to try as hard as their audience makes them. And it's become pretty clear that the audience is going to throw fistfuls of cash at anything that presses their nostalgia button, no matter how badly-made or cynical the product is.

Technodrome is a really tiny Death Star. Nice to know these guys are ripping off stuff from the fanfic I wrote in like 2003. :lol: Where's my check, bitches?

Hoo boy, what are the odds they'll make that exact Death Star reference in the movie? The mere idea that this movie will invite that comparison at this point in time... :lol:

If we're lucky THIS one flops real bad and Paramount goes back to the drawing board film-wise.

Nice dream, but... I doubt it. There's a reason they're cramming this absolutely full of fan-service. It'll be another godawful mess of a movie, I am certain, but enough people will plop down their hard-earned money anyway because Bebop and Rocksteady and Krang and Technodrome. It's all shiny distractions, but I'm sure they'll work.

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/BA3B2B8D-3BC2-49FA-AF4B-B250C6EE8414.jpg

...dear god, it actually looks like a testicle with teeth.

Leo656
01-06-2016, 10:51 PM
Hoo boy, what are the odds they'll make that exact Death Star reference in the movie? The mere idea that this movie will invite that comparison at this point in time... :lol:

In my fanfic, I actually had Mikey point out what a cliched and unoriginal idea it was to turn the Technodrome into the Death Star. :trazz: If someone in the movie makes a similar quip, I'm going to have to get better security for my laptop. :trazz:

Technogeek29
01-07-2016, 03:43 AM

Trying too hard it almost looks as lackluster as the nick version and I'm ok with that. But on the bright side I've learned something. The CGI on the Turtles, Bebop and Rocksteady looks lack luster because the real money went into the technodrome. So hey behold the one thing in the movie that won't look too much like a cartoon.

HeroTurtlesFan
01-07-2016, 06:56 AM
These all look pretty good, and definitely increases my anticipation for the movie. I like the look of the new Technodrome too!

The Boston Ninja Turtle
01-07-2016, 04:20 PM
anyone else only see cybertron when they look at the technodrome...i mean i cant say im surprised

Commenter 42
01-07-2016, 04:28 PM
Well, to be fair:

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/thumb/d/d1/Cybertronplanet.jpg/300px-Cybertronplanet.jpg http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/3/39/Technodrome.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150804025916https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2523/4116589603_691bdcb6a2.jpghttps://i.ytimg.com/vi/TVkTef_NpK4/hqdefault.jpg

Big slabs of metal greebles arranged in a sphere. Overlap is bound to happen.

Star Trek went for a different primitive, but effectively the same:
https://pageslap.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/borg-cube.jpg

The Boston Ninja Turtle
01-07-2016, 04:43 PM
yea but i mean even in cartoon form the technodrome and cybertron still have distinct looks to them

maybe its just me but live action movie verse wise it just looks like direct copy pasted from transformers 3

TMNT is cooler than MOTU
01-07-2016, 05:58 PM

We still haven't seen what Spider-Man will look like in Civil War. And I doubt we will until Marvel is ready to show it.

BoggleKng
01-07-2016, 06:20 PM
Hmm... I'd love to see what it looks like closed up, an exterior shot... and where's the eyeball? :tlol:

The ONE thing Bay got right is he didn't give Krang's body those atrocious red briefs.

I second that!

BoggleKng
01-07-2016, 06:23 PM

Yeah, my kids have the Nick set.. This new set looks boring... They love the old Sewer Set I have with all the tubes. This one only has one... http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/smilies/tmnt_rolleyes.gif

The Boston Ninja Turtle
01-07-2016, 06:28 PM

are you really hoping for triceratrons from a group who hasnt watched or looked at any wiki pages passed the FW toon?

its probably pure coincidence that the drome happens to look like the turtles forever one, especially since it was coincidence that the turtles where lab pets...

honestly i would bet money the drome is a tad bit research for bays unicron

Leo656
01-07-2016, 09:49 PM
The Turtles Forever version went the extra mile and ripped off the Brother Eye satellite, as well, complete with O.M.A.C. insignia. :lol: Good gravy.

I appreciate that TMNT as an entity began as a parody of Daredevil and all that, but it's like now the entire brand is kind of becoming a hodge-podge of "Things We Ripped Off From Better Things." :trazz:

NYShell
01-08-2016, 03:52 PM
The Turtles Forever version went the extra mile and ripped off the Brother Eye satellite, as well, complete with Brother Eye insignia. :lol: Good gravy.

I appreciate that TMNT as an entity began as a parody of Daredevil and all that, but it's like now the entire brand is kind of becoming a hodge-podge of "Things We Ripped Off From Better Things." :trazz:

That's the Nick show in a nutshell imo.

Leo656
01-08-2016, 08:57 PM
I mean to say "O.M.A.C. insignia". Must have been distracted. Infinite apologies.

shredder orokusaki
01-09-2016, 09:59 AM
Would've preferred Krang's IDW android body I like the old one but because of how silly it was it was never a design I took seriously.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-4TTaQnwMzcN3MExRKkCsu7zPWWdMJpVEJAeYl96ONo0hnBsXoK z3086_0o3V87tuCQ9O6qqbZEwnWiiUv5g47bXekCJ9TGMfSDMk OFQ90VzX4rHQPC7DzGFPw

Just look at how intimidating he is?

The original robot body with the red underwear the sunglasees however is what most of us grew up with so it is not a surpsie that they choosed that instead of IDW. IDW has used krang for onlly very few issues anyway while in the 87i series he was in more than 100 episodes.

Etsyturtle2
01-09-2016, 07:47 PM
The original robot body with the red underwear the sunglasees however is what most of us grew up with so it is not a surpsie that they choosed that instead of IDW. IDW has used krang for onlly very few issues anyway while in the 87i series he was in more than 100 episodes.

Shredder your new toy looks... Oroku sucky... ��

Meow
01-09-2016, 07:50 PM
LMAO big time! Well played sir Etsy, very well played :tanime:

Etsyturtle2
01-09-2016, 07:57 PM
:) thank you. thank you. LMAO big time! Well played sir Etsy, very well played :tanime:

sethmartin
01-09-2016, 08:19 PM
Those are some disguises!! "What are you suppose to be, a gigantic green hunchback pirate? What about you? A seven foot tall turtle superhero???" At least Casey Jones could pass for Jason Vorhees

IndigoErth
01-09-2016, 08:32 PM
I dunno, I always got a little bit of a Jeepers Creepers vibe from that mask. :tlol: The son of that monster and Jason.

Shark_Blade
01-09-2016, 11:57 PM
Nice. I like that Krang looks like OT version. :tlove::D

Actually, all of them look nice.

shredder orokusaki
01-10-2016, 02:22 PM

It is not the final version that why it dosent look so good. Do you thik that i will let them releae a bad toy?! Never!

Myko
01-10-2016, 02:37 PM
How can someone fail so hard to design Shredder...? Where are the shoulder knives, the leg knives?

ToTheNines
01-10-2016, 02:40 PM
Do you thik that i will let them releae a bad toy?! Never!

Hi.

http://www.toysrus.com/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-17676619dt.jpg

IndigoErth
01-10-2016, 03:09 PM
It is not the final version that why it dosent look so good. Do you thik that i will let them releae a bad toy?! Never!
Well, as long as you're willing to accept responsibility if it sucks. lol

sethmartin
01-10-2016, 03:41 PM
Hi.

YES!! Even more proof that Shredder was Sacks! They went back in and covered his arms with more armor to disguise the white skin.

TurtleTitan97
01-10-2016, 03:43 PM
YES!! Even more proof that Shredder was Sacks! They went back in and covered his arms with more armor to disguise the white skin.

Who needed proof? We've known this since William Fichtner was casted for the first film.

sethmartin
01-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Who needed proof? We've known this since William Fichtner was casted for the first film.

Yes I know, but they tried to hide it.

Etsyturtle2
01-10-2016, 07:21 PM
Hi.

You see, he said bad toy. Not amazing super cool shredder toy.

Leo656
01-10-2016, 07:25 PM
:lol: What? His cape is made of razor blades! :lol: That's ridiculous. Don't be ridiculous.

You say you're too young to be Rob Liefeld. However, I suspect you're Rob Liefeld.

TheSkeletonMan939
01-10-2016, 07:30 PM
If 'shredder orokusaki' is the real Shredder then I feel really bad for him after seeing that toy.

Speedy Cerviche
01-10-2016, 07:59 PM
Can't be any worse than the 80's Shredder toy that thing couldn't even stand up on its own and the paint job was terrible.

Leo656
01-10-2016, 08:06 PM
:lol: How that f*cking thing ever got released is a mystery. Still one of the worst things I've ever seen. What ridiculous posture. And he had a skinnier waist than April! :lol:

Speedy Cerviche
01-10-2016, 08:10 PM
Yeah once I got the Super Shredder toy i pretty much retired the original one.

Etsyturtle2
01-10-2016, 08:11 PM
Cough cough sarcasm cough cough

Leo656
01-10-2016, 08:14 PM
Yeah once I got the Super Shredder toy i pretty much retired the original one.

I did the same thing. :lol:

Speedy Cerviche
01-10-2016, 08:36 PM
I did the same thing. :lol:
Didn't they re-release the original shredder toy not to long ago too in the playmates classic line? He probably still can't stand on his on own

Diorm
01-11-2016, 08:42 PM
Yup. Its in a small shop right next to my home. He still looks the same as he did with the piece of purple cloth. They said in the ultimate visual history that all the action figures in that time had to have the same size as the Turtles. Wich is why shredder had this weird pose.

Leo656
01-11-2016, 10:10 PM
That's the most ridiculous and arbitrary thing I've ever heard.

The Boston Ninja Turtle
01-21-2016, 06:50 PM
any one else notice shredders "new" design looks very familiar

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91HFZYFj1DL._SL1500_.jpg

Galactus
01-21-2016, 08:27 PM

Yup. In fact I've noted before that the designs for the 2014 movie seem very influenced by The Next Mutation with each turtle having their own straps and differing bandanna designs, they're generally buffer with plastrons that look like molded on muscles.

Maybe it's the Kevin Eastman connection like he gave them a collection of his own work but I doubt it.

The Shredder design for the sequel looks a bit too simple. Like we though the previous one was way too much they've oversteered in the other direction. He basically has just has a black leather suit and his arm gauntlets. I was curious what the helmet would look like and it definitely looks like the Next Mutation which I never cared for either. The helmet also seems reminiscent of many of the concept art for the more military oriented Shredder they wanted for the first movie.

The Boston Ninja Turtle
01-21-2016, 08:59 PM
The Shredder design for the sequel looks a bit too simple. Like we though the previous one was way too much they've oversteered in the other direction. He basically has just has a black leather suit and his arm gauntlets. I was curious what the helmet would look like and it definitely looks like the Next Mutation which I never cared for either. The helmet also seems reminiscent of many of the concept art for the more military oriented Shredder they wanted for the first movie.

i was thinking the same...its like they cant find a happy medium at all...either too much or to little

Sabacooza
01-21-2016, 09:27 PM
And you have to ask yourself, how hard is it really?

CyberCubed
01-21-2016, 10:00 PM
These movies do remind me of Next Mutation. Especially the way the Turtles act. They don't act this stupid anywhere else other than Next Mutation. They're almost parodies of themselves.

LeotheLateBloomer
01-22-2016, 07:54 AM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91HFZYFj1DL._SL1500_.jpg

These movies do remind me of Next Mutation. Especially the way the Turtles act. They don't act this stupid anywhere else other than Next Mutation. They're almost parodies of themselves.

Ugh, you're right. Well, I hate them both.:tlol:

turtlefanforever
01-22-2016, 08:12 AM

Don't compare this trash to The Next Mutation.

samxsteal
01-22-2016, 08:39 AM

Have you seen turtles forever or the nick toon. Lol the turtles in the last movie where very good. They weren't even close to being parodies. No different then just about any other iteration.

The Boston Ninja Turtle
01-22-2016, 10:33 AM
Have you seen turtles forever or the nick toon. Lol the turtles in the last movie where very good. They weren't even close to being parodies. No different then just about any other iteration.

so now 2k3 and 2k12 turtles are worse than 2k14 turtles?

new is better right..just cause its new

Autbot_Benz
01-22-2016, 12:34 PM

But Next Mutation is Trash. :lol:

The Boston Ninja Turtle
01-22-2016, 12:38 PM
I'd rather willingly watch next mutation over this trash

IndigoErth
01-22-2016, 01:00 PM
At this rate, by the end of the third film... they'll totally have their own band/music group, music tour, and their outfits will be fabulous.

Powder
01-22-2016, 05:26 PM
At this rate, by the end of the third film... they'll totally have their own band/music group, music tour, and their outfits will be fabulous.

The question is, do we really want to see the lovechild of COOTS & Hatsune Miku?

Autbot_Benz
01-23-2016, 11:57 AM
Thanks to DVD here is Close ups of Shredder and Kraang

http://i67.tinypic.com/2luvvkp.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/hrahic.jpg

Utrommaniac
01-23-2016, 12:14 PM
We have tentacles, people!

And a spinal cord!...?

He looks like a big pink tadpole.

sethmartin
01-23-2016, 12:36 PM
I wonder if Krang is going to have the same voice he had in the cartoon

Powder
01-23-2016, 12:41 PM
If by that you mean literally casting Pat Fraley, I doubt it, but there's certainly a good chance of something inspired by his work.

IndigoErth
01-23-2016, 12:56 PM
I guess Bay lost on the octopus argument. :trazz:

Kind of cool that Krang is removable though. Wonder if it's a squishier material in that case.

Utrommaniac
01-23-2016, 01:01 PM
It sure looks a lot squishier, especially compared to the exosuit.

Looking at the length of the spinal cord now...if they go with the story that he was a disembodied brain...he must have been a pretty "smol" warlord.

Ceres
01-23-2016, 01:02 PM
We have tentacles, people!

And a spinal cord!...?

He looks like a big pink tadpole.

They really did the unbelievable thing and ****ed up Krang! They had one job...ONE FRICKING JOB. *smashes head on tastature* Well at least he has a spine now...and the name...i won't say anything about that neither. They still can't write his name right and go after that stupid Nickelodeon based name model :tmad:

Newton Gimmick
01-23-2016, 01:02 PM
Krang looks okay. Dunno why he has to be "Kraang" though.

I can't believe they actually managed to create a worse Shredder design than the god awful first movie though. It's like these new TMNT films just can't help but top themselves in levels of suck.

Bry
01-23-2016, 01:04 PM
I guess Bay lost on the octopus argument. :trazz:

Maybe, maybe not. Based on this series, I wouldn't be surprised if they were making the toys before the actual movie design was even finalized. :trazz:

TrickOrTreater
01-23-2016, 01:26 PM
So they went from a Shredder that was ridiculously over designed and over the top to a Shredder who is now toned down to the point of being bland and boring-looking.

And he uses a bunch guns.

Cool.

Cool.

Cooqwsasdjhsasdfdsasbxagsd...*seizes*

Candy Kappa
01-23-2016, 01:30 PM
The shape of Shredder's helmet looks so weird, almost swollen. And the attachable blades looks so huge, did he keep the arm guards from his old costume in the first movie? :lol:

TurtleTitan97
01-23-2016, 01:34 PM
That Shredder design looks so bland. Not sure how I feel about Krang.

Powder
01-23-2016, 01:41 PM
They really did the unbelievable thing and ****ed up Krang! They had one job...ONE FRICKING JOB. *smashes head on tastature*

The unbelievable thing? Surely you're aware that they've f*cked everything else up to this point.

DarkLightDragon
01-23-2016, 01:47 PM
At least Shredder looks less like a Megatron reject and more like the leader of a paramilitary group that's supposed to be the Foot.

But that doesn't make the whole 'Foot being militiamen and not ninjas' the last movie did any less stupid of an idea.

IndigoErth
01-23-2016, 01:54 PM
The shape of Shredder's helmet looks so weird, almost swollen.
Due to that swelled up ego of his. Or Bay's. :tlol:

Well, if anything I look forward to seeing people's less bland customizations. This paint job from the toy company...

I hope Shredder's garb at least works out a bit more impressive in the film, even if understated. I'm okay with understated if it looks like they aimed for a classy badass. As opposed to looking like they decided not to bother if they couldn't go overboard; all or nothing.

These poor designers under the thumb of Bay and/or whoever and simultaneously feeling the heat of the public are probably soon going to be hitting their heads on their keyboards, tablets, or whatever. :trazz:

I can hear it now.
"What do you fans WANT from us??"
"A middle ground that isn't overdone, nor too bland, and hits on a look that says 'Shredder'?"
"Bay doesn't want that."
"So we've noticed."

Meow
01-23-2016, 02:14 PM
Thanks to Michael Boy the legacy of TMNT is simply a farce.

DioLeo451
01-23-2016, 03:29 PM
So they went from a Shredder that was ridiculously over designed and over the top to a Shredder who is now toned down to the point of being bland and boring-looking.

And he uses a bunch guns.

Cool.

Cool.

Cooqwsasdjhsasdfdsasbxagsd...*seizes*
I see one gun and wrist blade gauntlets where is this bunch you speak of?

TrickOrTreater
01-23-2016, 03:44 PM
I see one gun and wrist blade gauntlets where is this bunch you speak of?

Thought they were big laser guns.

Must have been mistaken due to the seizure at his incredible blandness.

Mew
01-23-2016, 03:48 PM
I wonder how the rubber Kraang will fit into the figure without looking like a stupid octopus.

Candy Kappa
01-23-2016, 03:56 PM
Thought they were big laser guns.

Must have been mistaken due to the seizure at his incredible blandness.

No worries, he can probably still shoot the blades like the fix in the first one :lol:

TigerClaw
01-23-2016, 04:02 PM
I'm sure the spinal cord is how he controls the robotic body, The original Krang controlled the body using his tentacles, by pressing buttons and some sort of joystick on a control panel.

DioLeo451
01-23-2016, 04:03 PM
Krang will take some getting used to It's all about the voice that's what I wanna hear

TrickOrTreater
01-23-2016, 04:05 PM
No worries, he can probably still shoot the blades like the fix in the first one :lol:

Remember when movie Shredder was incredibly badass and menacing and terrifying and didn't need ****** CG and gimmicks and all that garbage?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Utrommaniac
01-23-2016, 04:11 PM
I'm sure the spinal cord is how he controls the robotic body, The original Krang controlled the body using his tentacles, by pressing buttons and some sort of joystick on a control panel.

That is a pretty unique take...and probably going to be true. I actually like that.

Powder
01-23-2016, 04:17 PM
That is a pretty unique take...and probably going to be true. I actually like that.

Ditto. But I can't put any hope in fan-theories, that's a bad practice.

I always see Nick fans so sure that their ideas are right, then they throw a fit when they're not, as if the staff is doing something wrong. :tlol:

But yeah, that'd be a neat concept.

Utrommaniac
01-23-2016, 04:21 PM
That's true for many other fandoms as well =P .

Leo656
01-23-2016, 07:14 PM
Which is why "spoilers" are everyone's friend. People are more relaxed and enjoy things more when they have some idea what they're getting beforehand. When they go in "blind", they always make up a story in their own head and get pissed off when reality doesn't match, like Powder said. Scientific fact, look it up.

I for one am glad that the last TMNT movie and this one have been pretty "spoilerrific", so I can be forewarned not to pay to see them. :trazz:

And it truly is magnificent how they over-corrected on Shredder, from "over-designed mess" straight into "Boring Town", which is the first exit off of Generic Avenue for those who don't know. I can hear the designers now: "So the crybabies said he had too many blades and spikes last time... let's not give him ANY! They'll love that!" :roll:

This is a group of people who are totally incapable of making a good decision. It's almost amazing, if it weren't gut-wrenching.

Shark_Blade
01-24-2016, 06:30 AM

http://i67.tinypic.com/2luvvkp.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/hrahic.jpg

I guess that's why Shredder is not wearing his helmet at all in the trailer. :lol: Thank goodness the previous Shredder figure still exist.

I dig how Kraang looks though, amazing. :tlove::D

Matt2310
01-24-2016, 10:12 AM
yeah the tentacles on the toy might not look awesome, but i bet the actual CG footage of him wont be bad? i hope...

i actually like that figure, hope the turtles actually have eyes this time.

d_osborn
01-24-2016, 10:59 AM
Which is why "spoilers" are everyone's friend. People are more relaxed and enjoy things more when they have some idea what they're getting beforehand. When they go in "blind", they always make up a story in their own head and get pissed off when reality doesn't match, like Powder said. Scientific fact, look it up.

I would love to read the article backing up your claims. I go in "blind" to movies quite a bit, albeit without any preconceived notions or story ideas. I assumed that's how normal, mature adults handled it, but I could be mistaken.

I'm loving that the weird sunglasses are represented on the android body! On the flipside, I've never been a big fan of the Super Shredder mask eye holes.

sethmartin
01-24-2016, 11:00 AM
He looks like Krang to me.

slingtheory
01-24-2016, 01:29 PM
Remember when movie Shredder was incredibly badass and menacing and terrifying and didn't need ****** CG and gimmicks and all that garbage?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
So do I and those were good times. Back when all it took was incredible martial art skills and a ruthless personality to be badass and imposing. Before you had to be a half robot swiss army knife with magic blades just to keep up. Its cool that they seem to be trying to fix him this time but he looks less ninja and more bland military goon in next mutations shredders helmet. Could be worse I guess. They could've took inspiration from the coming out of shells tour design.

Foombamaroom
01-24-2016, 02:17 PM
I'm sorry, does the Shredder have.... a gun?

I'm out.

IndigoErth
01-24-2016, 02:24 PM
Maybe it's a laser gun from Krang, that would be nostalgia stuff, right? lol

Although also possible the gun is just an added accessory for the toy alone.

Turnstone
01-24-2016, 02:48 PM
I hope the color schemes are better in the movie than on that fig.

neatoman
01-24-2016, 03:05 PM
So I must ask, is there some kind of trademark dispute over "Krang"? I wondered this since Nickelodeon went with "Kraang" instead of "Krang" for the cartoon, and now this toy also uses "Kraang" instead of "Krang".

Powder
01-24-2016, 03:14 PM
I think Nick using two A's was a creative decision & that these guys don't realize it's not how it was always written.

Utrommaniac
01-24-2016, 03:20 PM
Isn't Nickelodeon Films also in on these movies, though? It could have been their hand.

neatoman
01-24-2016, 03:23 PM
I think Nick using two A's was a creative decision & that these guys don't realize it's not how it was always written.

"Creative decision"? Maybe but it sure is a pointless one if that's the case.

TigerClaw
01-24-2016, 03:24 PM
Isn't Nickelodeon Films also in on these movies, though? It could have been their hand.
They are one of the 3 studios involved with the movies, including Paramount and Platinum Dunes.

But I doubt that Nickelodeon Films calls the shots, they are providing the funding and promotion I think.

Candy Kappa
01-24-2016, 03:39 PM
"Creative decision"? Maybe but it sure is a pointless one if that's the case.

Well, in the Nickeloeon cartoon, it's a name for an entire race instead of an individual. Movie Krang being named Kraang seems more like a mistake.

Powder
01-24-2016, 04:19 PM
Well, in the Nickeloeon cartoon, it's a name for an entire race instead of an individual. Movie Krang being named Kraang seems more like a mistake.

Yeah, that's the point I was trying to make. :trazz:

TigerClaw
01-24-2016, 04:26 PM
The Kraang is the name of the species on the Nick series, but during season 4 another faction was revealed as the Utrom, same species of the Kraang but are the good guys.
http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Utroms_%282012_TV_series%29

Powder
01-24-2016, 04:30 PM
You're a bot, right?

CyberCubed
01-24-2016, 09:06 PM
Why do people keep talking about "rights" over and over again? Mirage and now Viacom own virtually all the characters created for the original cartoon, toyline, and Archie comics.

Case in point, IDW's Krang IS named "Krang" with a single "a" in his name. So IDW is using the original spelling of his name just fine and has since 2011.

Bry
01-24-2016, 09:17 PM
The fact that Nick is sampling/using Fred Wolf-era musical cues is all you need to know about the rights. Even Mirage/4Kids were able to use the FW characters... but they couldn't use the music. Consider that evidence that Nick's got it all. They can do whatever they want.

Any botching of names/concepts is either a weird attempt at "synergy" or a producer not doing their homework.

TigerClaw
01-24-2016, 09:20 PM
The fact that Nick is sampling/using Fred Wolf-era musical cues is all you need to know about the rights. Even Mirage/4Kids were able to use the FW characters. But they couldn't use the music. Consider that evidence that Nick's got it all. They can do whatever they want.

Any botching of names/concepts is either a weird attempt at "synergy" or a producer not doing their homework.
The only time Nick botched the names was with the Neutrinos.

Bry
01-24-2016, 09:27 PM
The only time Nick botched the names was with the Neutrinos.

I wouldn't say that was a "botch" -- I think they specifically tried to repurpose the name for a new concept, which (IMO) was a mistake. There's a certain amount of reinvention you can do with the established ancillary characters, but that was a clear example of them taking it too far, in my opinion.

Mixing up Krang and The Kraang was more likely a "botch", I think. The confusion is understandable from corporate professionals who don't really follow or care about the property, but I take that specific spelling as some decision-maker assuming the '87 version and the current Nick version were "the same", even though by the Nick series' own design they absolutely aren't.

shuriken
01-24-2016, 10:57 PM
Basically the opposite of the Nick series Bebop. :lol:

Maybe that's why they made him so fat?
Playmates toys " These people are complaining that 2k12 Bebop is too skinny. Screw it, we'll make him fat as hell for the movie."

I Kinda like these figures, and Shredder looks very Next Mutationy to me, which is fine, not a bad figure at all.
Also kind of a mistake using the movie one turtles for the Box art.

samxsteal
01-25-2016, 06:49 AM
Maybe that's why they made him so fat?
Playmates toys " These people are complaining that 2k12 Bebop is too skinny. Screw it, we'll make him fat as hell for the movie."

I Kinda like these figures, and Shredder looks very Next Mutationy to me, which is fine, not a bad figure at all.
Also kind of a mistake using the movie one turtles for the Box art.

I think the box art were just renders because if you look closely they have the updated coloring and outfit changes its subtle but they're not the same.

shuriken
01-25-2016, 10:43 AM
^^ You're right. My bad.

Mew
01-25-2016, 11:19 AM
I wonder if the gun Shredder comes with is the de-mutation gun he used in the first season of the 87 toon, the one that could turn Splinter human again?

IndigoErth
01-25-2016, 01:02 PM
Interesting guess, but don't think it fits how mutation works in this film.

Also, sounds complicated for them... at best, imo prob a regular gun, laser gun (since TMNT has had lots of those and Krang can supply it now), or unspecific toy accessory only.

BoggleKng
01-25-2016, 01:29 PM
Shredder is a big BORING.. Sorry, my kids have enough Power Rangers and GI Joes already..

I am glad to see Bay/Playmates sticking to the OT concept with Kraang..
It will be entertaining to see how he is worked into the plot.

neatoman
01-25-2016, 04:54 PM
So I'm guessing that spinalcord implies Krang is a disembodied brain and not an Utrom, not surprised but certainly a bit disappointed...

TigerClaw
01-25-2016, 04:58 PM
So I'm guessing that spinalcord implies Krang is a disembodied brain and not an Utrom, not surprised but certainly a bit disappointed...
But he has eyes and a mouth, He's definitely Utrom, This is just another version of them.

As I mention before, the spinal cord could factor into his robot suit.

Powder
01-25-2016, 05:00 PM
But he has eyes and a mouth

https://literalminded.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/reading_squint2.gif?w=188&h=275

...So did the original Krang, & he was a disembodied brain.

IndigoErth
01-25-2016, 05:05 PM
Um... has there been a version of Kra(a)ng or Utrom characters that don't have a eyes and a mouth...?

TigerClaw
01-25-2016, 05:13 PM
Um... has there been a version of Kra(a)ng or Utrom characters that don't have a eyes and a mouth...?
hahah, nope, I just think calling him a disembodied brain is silly, he wasn't somebody's brain, all Utroms are just born that way.

TigerClaw
01-25-2016, 05:25 PM
Saw this posted on the 2016 Movie Toys thread that I found interesting, Credit goes to EddieNES for noticing this.

If you look carefully, you will see a narrow opening on the body's chest, I think it's where Krang's spinal cord possibly attaches.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2ngwyte.jpg

Powder
01-25-2016, 05:28 PM
hahah, nope, I just think calling him a disembodied brain is silly, he wasn't somebody's brain, all Utroms are just born that way.

Yes, he was. That's literally his f*cking origin. He was a war-lord who for his crimes against the universe was made into a horrible version of his former self, a disembodied anthropomorphic brain. Him being an Utrom is a new thing brought on by IDW, & we have no reason to believe he is a member of that species in this series yet.

neatoman
01-25-2016, 05:38 PM

Aside from "reimagined fan art"? No.

Ceres
01-25-2016, 06:40 PM
Shredder is a big BORING.. Sorry, my kids have enough Power Rangers and GI Joes already..

I am glad to see Bay/Playmates sticking to the OT concept with Krang..
It will be entertaining to see how he is worked into the plot.

Fixed that for you. When they stick up with the OT then he is called Krang, not Kraang, like the race in the nick version.

The Boston Ninja Turtle
01-25-2016, 08:44 PM
Saw this posted on the 2016 Movie Toys thread that I found interesting, Credit goes to EddieNES for noticing this.

If you look carefully, you will see a narrow opening on the body's chest, I think it's where Krang's spinal cord possibly attaches.

sorry dude i see nothing

and yea like powder said...he was just a brainless body in the ot

sethmartin
01-25-2016, 08:49 PM
Nobody minded that Michelangelo's name was misspelled for years :lol:

IndigoErth
01-25-2016, 09:15 PM
I dunno, if it was spelled that way from the start, was it technically really "wrong" then prior to someone deciding that it was? :P Some people have unusual name spellings, they could have just left Mikey as one of them and kept the spelling he was 'born' with. :tlol:

Think Nick's Kraang name change has confused the film people though. lol

Leo656
01-25-2016, 10:24 PM
Powder... I just wanna say... watching you two dance is a beautiful thing. :lol:

sethmartin
01-26-2016, 02:10 PM
I dunno, if it was spelled that way from the start, was it technically really "wrong" then prior to someone deciding that it was? :P Some people have unusual name spellings, they could have just left Mikey as one of them and kept the spelling he was 'born' with. :tlol:

Think Nick's Kraang name change has confused the film people though. lol

Mikey is named after the painter Michelangelo. However, when Eastman and Laird did the original comic, they accidentally spelled it Michaelangelo. The mistake went unnoticed for years until eventually it was corrected. Now the comics, cartoons, and movies use the correct spelling.

Leolead
01-26-2016, 11:19 PM
Krang looks... Interesting.

Amaranthus
02-07-2016, 08:33 AM

You do love repeating things, don't you?

Coola Yagami
02-07-2016, 09:35 AM
Wow bebop reminds me of birdie from SFV. They must have not watched the cartoon right. If anything, rocksteady was the one with the gut, not bebop.

ernesth100
02-07-2016, 11:57 AM
I look forward to seeing Krang LiveAxtion. So far the designs look super cool.

Etsyturtle2
04-20-2016, 06:44 PM
I look forward to seeing Krang LiveAxtion. So far the designs look super cool.

yeabro i totallie agree