PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Games Done Quick 2016

TigerClaw
01-06-2016, 02:31 PM
Awesome Games Done Quick is back for another marathon for the whole week, you can watch all the live speedruns on twitch right now.
http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

The Deadman
01-06-2016, 03:07 PM
I've been catching glimpses of it but half the time I'm there it's a ghost town in terms of audience. After the last one all I wanna know is if a streamer is gonna cause controversy by what he says while playing a game.

TigerClaw
01-06-2016, 03:14 PM
I've been catching glimpses of it but half the time I'm there it's a ghost town in terms of audience. After the last one all I wanna know is if a streamer is gonna cause controversy by what he says while playing a game.
The place gets full when they speedrun one of the big games.

Tonight they are going to do a speedrun race with Super Mario Maker, They are gonna play some custom levels that were design by members of the speedrunning community, so the runners will be playing these levels for the first time, it should be fun to watch.

The Deadman
01-06-2016, 06:14 PM
Ill have to check it out. Someone told me one of the streamers were making subtle rape jokes during a Half-Life 2 run.

Peanut
01-06-2016, 10:18 PM
It's been pretty decent so far, but I've missed a lot of it. I caught some of Kingdom Hearts 1.5, which was OK. The Splatoon run was fun, the two DKC runs I caught were ace (as they usually are) and they just finished the 4-man Super Mario World race, which was great. The dude who nearly beat the Battletoads Turbo Tunnel blindfolded was probably the best thing I saw today. Also, the dude who played Vanquish one handed last year playing Transformers was great.

I was excited for Mario Maker, but unfortunately the dudes running it were so up their own ass it was difficult to watch. The 2 player 1 controller Super Metroid run was also ruined by an obnoxious host who wouldn't shut up with the awful donation comments, which somehow seem to get worse every year.

They've improved a lot over the years, which is why it's so surprising to me that they still have these hiccups. I know they can't really control how obnoxious and/or classless the runners are, but at least get the hosts under control.

TigerClaw
01-06-2016, 10:28 PM
It's been pretty decent so far, but I've missed a lot of it. I caught some of Kingdom Hearts 1.5, which was OK. The Splatoon run was fun, the two DKC runs I caught were ace (as they usually are) and they just finished the 4-man Super Mario World race, which was great. The dude who nearly beat the Battletoads Turbo Tunnel blindfolded was probably the best thing I saw today. Also, the dude who played Vanquish one handed last year playing Transformers was great.

I was excited for Mario Maker, but unfortunately the dudes running it were so up their own ass it was difficult to watch. The 2 player 1 controller Super Metroid run was also ruined by an obnoxious host who wouldn't shut up with the awful donation comments, which somehow seem to get worse every year.

They've improved a lot over the years, which is why it's so surprising to me that they still have these hiccups. I know they can't really control how obnoxious and/or classless the runners are, but at least get the hosts under control.
Also the twitch chat is really bad, a lot of spam and emoji all over it.

The Deadman
01-07-2016, 04:52 AM
That's because there's no moderation in chats like that, and when there ARE mods, they join in on whatever's going on. Sometimes though the chat is more entertaining than what's happening on the broadcast and that's sad in the scheme of things.

Peanut
01-07-2016, 06:51 AM
Also the twitch chat is really bad, a lot of spam and emoji all over it.

Oh, yeah. It's absolutely awful on a whole other level. They amount of disrespect and disgusting behaviour in that chat is the absolute worst.

That's because there's no moderation in chats like that, and when there ARE mods, they join in on whatever's going on. Sometimes though the chat is more entertaining than what's happening on the broadcast and that's sad in the scheme of things.

For something like VGCW the chat is half of the fun, but for AGDQ, and really the majority of Twitch or live chats in general, the chat is the absolute worst part and is never funny or entertaining. It's nothing but meme spouting children at a clip of 15 messages per second. The amount of times they dropped the stream to reset and the chat exploded with sh*t like "cancer wins" and "RIP lost to cancer. kill the animals" is disgusting. You can tell it's coming from the lonely dregs of society the minute a girl is on stream and they all act in the exact manner you'd expect hopeless virgin nerds to, which is to say they act awful and betray their pathetic lives.

The Deadman
01-07-2016, 07:56 AM
Are you talking females on streams like AGDQ? Or females on Twitch in general, because if it's the latter those tards are mostly in the camgirl streams, if you go to one that's actually playing the game and interacting with chat they're mostly calm. Not all Twitch chats are bad, it's only those that have little to no moderation.

Peanut
01-08-2016, 07:38 AM
Females on the AGDQ stream.

The Deadman
01-08-2016, 09:39 AM
Yeah that's due to lack of mods in rooms like that. I've never understood how you can have almost 100K people in your chat and have less than 5 mods.

TigerClaw
01-10-2016, 03:25 PM
Yeah that's due to lack of mods in rooms like that. I've never understood how you can have almost 100K people in your chat and have less than 5 mods.
To make matters worst, the chatroom would ban people left and right for saying certain words, in the Twitch chat settings you can put in a bunch of words that people aren't allowed to say in chat, If anyone says any of those words, they are instantly kicked out by the chatroom bots.

twitch chat is a complete mess cause, you see a lot of people post something that seems harmless, and get banned for no reason because a banned word was in a chat post.

The Deadman
07-05-2016, 09:36 AM
Summer Games Done Quick started over the weekend

Here's the schedule if you want to pick out certain games and see when they're being run:
https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

And here's the link to the stream itself:
https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick