PDA

View Full Version : Petition for Complete DVD Boxed Set?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-07-2016, 08:18 PM
So I was browsing around and found this:

http://www.******************************/news/sign-this-petition-to-bring-tmnt-2k3-series-to-dvd/

https://www.change.org/p/nickelodeon-nickelodeon-to-release-a-boxed-set-of-the-2003-tmnt-series?recruiter=53810482&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Has anybody here signed this? It looks like it's more than halfway there. Do petitions ever work?

CyberCubed
01-07-2016, 08:23 PM
Internet petitions are pointless.

TheSkeletonMan939
01-07-2016, 08:25 PM
Nick won't pay attention to a petition.

They'll pay attention to the sales of the truly terrible DVDs they put out a few months back... with random out-of-order episodes and three episodes apiece. I don't know how those did, but the lack of an announcement of further DVDs doesn't fill me with confidence.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-07-2016, 08:25 PM
Internet petitions are pointless.

That was pretty much my understanding, never having participated in one. Still, figured I'd post it here.

Keep the discussion alive, at the least.

TheSkeletonMan939
01-07-2016, 08:27 PM
It'd be totes illegal but at this point we'd be better off designing our own DVDs. I'm referring to menus and stuff. That'd be cool to have fully animated menus instead of static images, right?

MikeandRaph87
01-07-2016, 08:28 PM
Petitions rarely work. It is worth it if several thousand sign. Then it will get the attention of the intended. Will the party we want the action from actually listen? I dont know, but its worth the shot. After I signed it was only 313 signatures. The original cartoon had a petition to have it return to TV way back in 2000 with over 10,000 signatures. It did not go anywhere. Spread the word as many of you who see this to as many people then maybe it would at least be noticed.

CyberCubed
01-07-2016, 10:01 PM
The original cartoon had a petition to have it return to TV way back in 2000 with over 10,000 signatures. It did not go anywhere. Spread the word as many of you who see this to as many people then maybe it would at least be noticed.

Man, as a 12-13 year old I used to sign that petition a ton of times with different names.

MikeandRaph87
01-07-2016, 10:20 PM
Man, as a 12-13 year old I used to sign that petition a ton of times with different names.

I did the same thing.:P Probably a little over 100 of the signatures were from me. I bet it was obvious and maybe took away the validity of it.

CyberCubed
01-07-2016, 10:24 PM
I did the same thing.:P Probably a little over 100 of the signatures were from me. I bet it was obvious and maybe took away the validity of it.

Would have been cool to see the show air on Cartoon Network back in the day, that's where I was hoping it would air back in the late 90's.

Shiro Kame
01-07-2016, 10:40 PM
Petitions rarely work. It is worth it if several thousand sign. Then it will get the attention of the intended. Will the party we want the action from actually listen? I dont know, but its worth the shot. After I signed it was only 313 signatures. The original cartoon had a petition to have it return to TV way back in 2000 with over 10,000 signatures. It did not go anywhere. Spread the word as many of you who see this to as many people then maybe it would at least be noticed.

Actually, that show has been re-airing on Teletoon Retro (the sister channel of basically Cartoon Network's Canadian cousin until they were finally available to watch) for years. So it may have worked.