PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream Kitty

Powder
01-08-2016, 09:39 AM
My first time using Sculpey resulted in this:

http://i64.tinypic.com/rw5gr9.png

Far from perfect, but not a bad start. Might try to make whiskers later today, but I didn't bother with a tail either so we'll see. :tlol:
Besides Sculpey & paint, I used paperclips & aluminum foil to forge some armature. Scale-wise she comes up to Nick Michelangelo's crotch area. A bit bigger than in-series, I think.

oldmanwinters
01-08-2016, 09:48 AM
Looks good enough to eat!

Candy Kappa
01-08-2016, 10:06 AM
looks pretty good. I really like how the colors look.

Mew
01-08-2016, 01:09 PM
It is amazing and beautiful.

Meow
01-08-2016, 01:22 PM
To be honest?

Your creation seems about wonderful and yes, absolutely I see it is not perfect at all, saying it might have been more of a test and also a fun project to you but I do like it although ...

... I am really, really really, disturbed by that "character". I mean why in all gods name did they come up with a slimey cat in the animation series. Yes sirs and madames you are absolutely right because I have no watched the "new episodes" yet until I'm done with all of the 80/90ies and 2003ish (I totally finished) episodes. But still .. I'm a friggin cat lover and seeing a cat that looks like more like a melted cat gives me the effin creeps and makes all my caretaker bells ring like an animal has been abused or mistreated. Don't misunderstand me: I'm simply trying to explain myself and why I feel that way! Looking for an opinion about the creation read the first part of this post. You're welcome *purrr* :tgrin:

Sabacooza
01-08-2016, 02:43 PM
My first time using Sculpey resulted in this:

http://i64.tinypic.com/rw5gr9.png

Far from perfect, but not a bad start. Might try to make whiskers later today, but I didn't bother with a tail either so we'll see. :tlol:
Besides Sculpey & paint, I used paperclips & aluminum foil to forge some armature. Scale-wise she comes up to Nick Michelangelo's crotch area. A bit bigger than in-series, I think.Cute. I like it.

Gunstar_Red
01-09-2016, 02:19 PM
Holy ice cream! She's adorable! =^_^=

ToTheNines
01-09-2016, 02:29 PM
Good work P, you're a wizard man.

ThunDerian
01-10-2016, 03:42 AM
Thats pretty awesome! She should be a little taller, but looks great as is. You really nailed the colors!

I Crave Pizza No More
01-10-2016, 10:12 AM
Nice work, man. Looks good.

The Deadman
01-10-2016, 11:51 AM
That looks awesome

drewizzle88
01-10-2016, 11:44 PM
Looks great man, hope to see even more pictures.

tmntfannumerouno
01-11-2016, 04:03 PM
The only thing I would change if you ever decide to make another one is the head shape. Ice cream kitty has more of an upside down triangle shape. Great job though!

Powder
01-11-2016, 05:43 PM
Thanks so much everybody! I wasn't expecting all these wonderful comments :tgrin:

rant about ICK

This is ridiculous & has no place here. There's a venting thread in the Nick section in which you can lodge complaints. I find it far more creepy that you wrote "*purr*" in complete seriousness.

Thats pretty awesome! She should be a little taller, but looks great as is. You really nailed the colors!

Nah, I actually made her too big. In series, she's quite small.
http://49.media.tumblr.com/e77d925614a6afc9ac1c3078fd98e7d4/tumblr_ns9dtdznQe1tmpoiqo3_500.gif

The only thing I would change if you ever decide to make another one is the head shape. Ice cream kitty has more of an upside down triangle shape. Great job though!

Not saying my head sculpt is perfect by any means but I would hardly call this an upside down triangle:
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/b/b9/Icecreamkittyprofile.png/revision/latest?cb=20140504185614

raph27
01-11-2016, 05:55 PM
That's adorable! ICK is one of my favorite TMNT characters, and I've been very disappointed in the lack of merch for her. A plush toy would sell like crazy.

tmntfannumerouno
01-11-2016, 07:29 PM
My bad it's more the shape of a pentagon than a triangle. Nonetheless not round either way.
Thanks so much everybody! I wasn't expecting all these wonderful comments :tgrin:

This is ridiculous & has no place here. There's a venting thread in the Nick section in which you can lodge complaints. I find it far more creepy that you wrote "*purr*" in complete seriousness.

http://49.media.tumblr.com/e77d925614a6afc9ac1c3078fd98e7d4/tumblr_ns9dtdznQe1tmpoiqo3_500.gif

Not saying my head sculpt is perfect by any means but I would hardly call this an upside down triangle:
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/b/b9/Icecreamkittyprofile.png/revision/latest?cb=20140504185614

Meow
01-12-2016, 12:04 AM
Wow, I'm quite surprised about your reaction like I must have hurt you personally big time. I might not have phrased it perfectly as you'd prefer it (not a native speaker, remember?) and while I gave you credit for your good artwork I also explained why I'm having a hard time saying more about it. Calling it "rant" although there is none at all is a bit overdrawn calling me out personally on the purr as well, don't you think? Let's see it as you had a bad moment or day, I'm not one to hold a grudge against someone.

Powder
01-12-2016, 01:17 AM
I'm not hurt, I just hate when people feel the need to share unrelated negative opinions in a place for discussing the pieces posted. I deal with it on Deviantart enough as it is.

DVD
01-12-2016, 01:38 AM
Hey, it's too big and that is the wrong shade of pink, and... hahahaha!!!

Powder, that's pretty cool (get it, cool!!). The character is one of the more bizarre to appear in the show, so its nice to see someone having a go at creating it.

Technically, you can keep it at that size, have someone do a 3D scan, then reduce it's printing scale in a 3D printer. I have all those facilities at my disposal if you want to send her over ;-)

Cheers

ThunDerian
01-12-2016, 04:55 AM

Oh, I didnt mean the actual size of the figure, I meant that her proportions are a bit off. IE her head should be smaller or her body, most notably her neck, should be taller.

raven6859
01-22-2016, 02:28 PM
Nailed it! Always impressed by pieces sculpted from scratch

go_ninja84
01-23-2016, 04:36 AM
Powder looks great i like the extra detail especially in the chip area

To be honest?

Your creation seems about wonderful and yes, absolutely I see it is not perfect at all, saying it might have been more of a test and also a fun project to you but I do like it although ...

... I am really, really really, disturbed by that "character". I mean why in all gods name did they come up with a slimey cat in the animation series. Yes sirs and madames you are absolutely right because I have no watched the "new episodes" yet until I'm done with all of the 80/90ies and 2003ish (I totally finished) episodes. But still .. I'm a friggin cat lover and seeing a cat that looks like more like a melted cat gives me the effin creeps and makes all my caretaker bells ring like an animal has been abused or mistreated. Don't misunderstand me: I'm simply trying to explain myself and why I feel that way! Looking for an opinion about the creation read the first part of this post. You're welcome *purrr* :tgrin:

if this is your idea of animal abuse what do you call mutated rhinos,warthogs, tigers, alligators, and pet turtles? if this is your opinion then the whole show is one big animal abuse spectacular. i have rescued 8 cats myself and im against animal abuse too 100% but i never considered this animal abuse or creepy. in fact i always thought of ICK as more adorable this way. IMO if you feel this way you shouldn't watch more of this show just saying

Turnstone
01-24-2016, 04:07 PM
Great custom. Did I read somewhere that Playmates canceled their Icecream Kitty accessory pack or did I dream that?

tmntman
01-29-2016, 01:13 PM

Short answer, watch the new series. You will change your mind. I'm guessing that ICK started as a nod to Michelangelo's pet Klunk from the Mirage series. In this series, the cat gets into some mutagen because hey, it's the Turtles, lets mutate everything. But Ice Cream Kitty is certainly not abused. She(?) is treated as a beloved pet and playmate for Mikey.

And as for the custom, very cool. But you have forced me to say something I never thought I would say about a custom action figure.... it might look better with a glossier finish. That could give it a slightly wet look.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
01-29-2016, 08:17 PM
Yeah, that cat is making me crave astronaut ice cream.

tmntman
01-29-2016, 11:44 PM
Great custom. Did I read somewhere that Playmates canceled their Icecream Kitty accessory pack or did I dream that?

It's not really known. It as well as a few other figures were slated for the fall, but never showed up. Different reps from Playmates have said Muckman (who should have been released at about the same time) has been alternately delayed or canceled depending upon who you ask and when. But as we saw with the sudden appearance of Dimension X April and Casey, Playmates isn't big on filling people in in advance.

ProactiveMan
02-01-2016, 12:40 AM
Nice one. I like the drips especially.

Plasticplayhouse
02-11-2016, 09:58 PM
That is a fantastic first attempt on both sculpt & paint! Keep up the great work!