PDA

View Full Version : AMC Planning Second ‘The Walking Dead’ Companion Series?!

The Deadman
01-08-2016, 12:54 PM
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3375944/the-walking-dead-universe-is-rich-enough-for-more-companion-series-says-amc-exec/

AMC’s “The Walking Dead” is easily one of the biggest things on TV right now and even with recent allegations about how the cast and crew are treated by executives, it’s still something that is actively being pushed and given a lot of attention. That’s why we’ve gotten “Fear the Walking Dead“, which finished its first season mid-last year and will see a second season later this year.

Now, in an interview with Vulture, AMC network chief Charlie Collier gave a solid answer regarding the possibility of seeing more companion shows along the same lines as “Fear the Walking Dead”:

The answer is we are open to ideas that feel organic to the creators in whom we’ve put our trust. So if Robert had a world he wanted to explore, you can bet that we are not just leaning into that conversation, but we’re actively engaging in it. Right now we’re not in that conversation, and there’s nothing to report at all. I’m a huge believer in Robert and the executive producers of these shows. We wanted to create a place where they would bring us their creative dreams and bring us their passion projects. If Robert had another one, we would absolutely engage. This is a world that is rich enough to handle it. Right now we’re just focused on these two.

Collier is also very adamant that they are not doing “spin-offs”, elaborating on calling them “companion shows”, stating, “If we had taken a couple of characters out of the camp and sent them on the road and followed that — that would have been a spinoff. We didn’t do that. We made the decision … to do a companion series, and, in fact, to show you what was happening in the world when Rick was sleeping in the original series.”

The reception towards season one of “Fear the Walking Dead” wasn’t too warm and there are many who feel that “The Walking Dead” still suffers from a lot of issues, even though we’re in the sixth season with no end in sight.

Yesssss, oversaturate this series even more by creating a 3rd series nobody is probably asking for!

ToTheNines
01-08-2016, 01:03 PM
So, nothing to actually report. Cool.

Autbot_Benz
01-08-2016, 01:06 PM
The Walking Dead is so Overrated.

shuriken
01-08-2016, 01:31 PM
^^Not sure if it is. Plenty of people hate that show. I liked it until the 4th season, then found it really hard to care afterwards.

ToTheNines
01-08-2016, 01:35 PM
The Walking Dead is so Overrated.

I see you're a fan of highly unfaithful comic book adaptions, thanks for your input!

Foombamaroom
01-09-2016, 05:49 PM
Please god no.

I love The Walking Dead, as it's gotten much better since season 4, but no. They keep milking this thing. Let the show end around season 8 or 9 when Negan's arc is done and over, and end Fear The Walking Dead around that time, too (that'll give FTWD 3 or 4 seasons, which isn't that bad of a run.)

CyberCubed
01-09-2016, 06:00 PM
The Walking Dead has actually gotten consistently worse since the first season. The show is just jump scares now.

ToTheNines
01-09-2016, 06:22 PM
You obviously don't watch the show.

MsMarvelDuckie
01-09-2016, 07:17 PM
What jump scares? It's mostly been about the power struggle in Alexandria and Morgan's journey in the episodes I'm currently watching. Not a lot of walkers to be seen, and most of the ones that ARE there are quickly dispatched. Except for a couple of big herds that caught Glen, Noah, and a couple of the Alexandrians, and Abraham and the others working on the walls another time. Not much else that sticks out. We've lost a couple of characters in the past season or so, but nothing like it was in the first two or three seasons where almost anyone could end up dead at any time. They've gotten really good at taking down walkers quickly. As it should be with that much practice....