PDA

View Full Version : Robot Wars Makes A Comeback

ZariusTwo
01-14-2016, 04:11 AM
"​If there's one thing that your television license ensures, It's robot mayhem, on Robot Wars!​"

If those immortal words of Craig Charles don't get you excited, then this will: Robot Wars​ is coming back!

BBC Two has commissioned a brand new six-episode series of the classic late 90s/early 2000s entertainment show. In case you were too young to remember, Robot Wars​ saw groups of amateur mechanical wizards and their machines fighting it out in a series of challenges to be crowned the ultimate robotic champion.

The new series promises "more robots, more battles and more science" than before, and will be recorded in a purpose-built fighting arena in Glasgow.

It has yet to be confirmed whether longtime host Craig Charles will return for the new series, or whether any of the 'house robots' such as Sir Killalot and Matilda will be making a comeback. We reached out to both and they almost cut our hands off.

You may have forgotten that Jeremy Clarkson actually hosted the first series of Robot Wars​ when it was more about races than biting the crap out of each other.

Robot Wars​ ran for six series on the BBC before moving to Channel 5 for a single run in 2003. Philippa Forrester, Julia Reed and Jayne Middlemiss also co-hosted the show.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a779821/3-2-1-activate-a-rebooted-robot-wars-is-coming-back-on-bbc-two/

And Craig Charles has tweeted he'd love to be involved again (for those wondering if he'd be available, filming on Red Dwarf's wrapped now apparently)

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/craig-charles-would-love-to-host-the-new-series-of-robot-wars-a3156031.html

PangolinFeets
01-14-2016, 05:35 AM
Woooooow!!!! This is so exciting!!!

chrisdude
01-14-2016, 09:13 PM
I guess I wasn't the only person watching this last season of Battlebots. I didn't realize this was a British thing. I guess I shouldn't expect to see Mick Foley.

Wildcat
01-14-2016, 09:29 PM
I used to watch Battlebots and I've seen some of these others but it's just not as exciting as it should be imo.

It comes down to which r/c car can push the other into a hazard or just flip it over because they happen to have an "arm" that goes up and down.

There's another show but can't remember the name, with actual robots. They're big, clunky and slow (and attached to the stage) but it's an actual fighting match.

Edit: Robot Combat League. Only 1 season on SyFy. It's no Real Steel but kinda cool.

ZariusTwo
02-03-2016, 04:40 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaR_3LiWIAA-StR.jpg

Bad news though. Craig's not returning. The hosts will be Dara 'oBriain and Angelas Canlon

...Eh, at least they got Jonathan Pierce back.

lyJMmSMwME4

ZariusTwo
02-10-2016, 11:28 AM
olEbL9JWOI4

Vicky82
02-10-2016, 11:39 AM
I didn't watch Robot Wars when it first aired but a couple of years ago I decide to watch it on You Tube and I loved it.

I will be defiantly be watching it.