PDA

View Full Version : New season of Angel!!

heretic888
09-30-2003, 05:29 PM
Yes, Angel's back!! And Spike's gonna be in the new season!! And they're axing out Cordelia and Connor from the show!!

SWEET!!!! :D

cqb101
09-30-2003, 06:43 PM
Heh, I might actually watch Angel now that Spike's in it...He's always been my favorite Buffy character.....

Karpo_007
10-01-2003, 12:43 AM
When does the new season premier?

Shellfox
10-01-2003, 04:19 AM
All those praising the removal of Cordy DON'T, while shes no longer a regural cast member, the higher ups have stated that she will show up in the season for a few eps for some story arc. And I believe they said Connar may show up again as well, but again only for a few eps.
On the other hand Buffy doing a 2 ep arc as well, and Willow showing up is almost garentied

Personnally all I care about is they at least deal with all the new slayers out there, some have to be evil and I want to see them

Mars-Chan
10-01-2003, 09:20 AM
SPIKE'S IN IT!?!?! WWWWHHHHHOOOOOTTTT!!!!!! *is another Spike Fan-girl* :D YAY!!!!! :D

Brodie
10-01-2003, 01:00 PM
Spike is great and all, but I'd prefer to see Xander join since Connor is gone. I hate Cordy.

Jephael
10-01-2003, 02:21 PM
IMO, I think Charisma Carpenter is hot but her Cordy character can definitly be annoying. Oh well, atleast she quit being a spoiled brat after high school!

Shellfox
10-01-2003, 03:05 PM
Do I really need to stress how much Giles needs to show up and sing for Lorn. The man has talent and he needs to use it at every oppotunity!

Mars-Chan
10-01-2003, 05:45 PM
*waves the flag* WHOOT! YEE!!! *does backflips....since she can't do them in real life... :wink:* When they did the musical I drooled at Spike singing. :wink:

Shellfox
10-01-2003, 07:03 PM
And so the season opener ends. And Blondy Bear is back (must resist desire to kill glory), and as no shock he didn't do anything. The ending does bring in to question the beliefe that only Angle could see Spike in the season, that could just be cleared up later. Not a big fan of 'smart' Gunn yet, fred still sucks, but Angel has develpoed a nastey mean streak and I like it

Mars-Chan
10-01-2003, 07:06 PM
I loved it. The only problem is that I missed Spike appearing on the screen. Still....I like the "blondie bear". :P
I love the banter between Spike and Angel for next week's episode:
Angel: "Get out of my chair."
Spike: Make me.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shellfox
10-02-2003, 07:42 AM
I loved it. The only problem is that I missed Spike appearing on the screen. Still....I like the "blondie bear". :P

You didn't miss much, Angel opens the envolope he got earlier in the ep, the pendant Spike was wearing in Buffy falls out. Spike reverse dusts, screaming the entire time. (I'm not sure of the order but) Angel says "Spike", Wes says "Spike", and Glory pokes her head in and says "Blondie Bear"

So its possible that only angel can see him and the other 2 where just repeating, or every one can see him, but we basicly saw more of him in the coming next week spot

Karpo_007
10-02-2003, 10:06 AM
Just watched the episode. Is it just me, or does the action scenes have more edge? I especially liked the part where Angel was fighting the special ops team. While this season seems to be very diffrent from the previous one, it looks to me the show is getting even better.

Mars-Chan
10-02-2003, 12:59 PM
I cna already tell that the banter between the two of them is gonna be large... :lol: :P

Shellfox
10-02-2003, 03:15 PM
there may be better places out there but this has served me well
http://www.tvtome.com/Angel/season5.html
This is for all the people who, like me, can't wait to know what's going to happen. Mixed emotions about Spikes development, adn I think the writers may have lost it in the 1st November Ep

and I have to say it

Spanky: I don't spank men. It's not a judgement, men have fine firm asses. If you've been to the website you'll know how much I work on mine.
------
Angel: You know what I'm not doing? Using my wind pipe.
Spanky: Vampire..
Angel: And you know what else? I like spanking men.

:o :lol: :dead:

Mars-Chan
10-02-2003, 03:20 PM
ooooh..spolier city..... :evilgrin:

Karpo_007
10-02-2003, 03:36 PM
Hate to nitpick but it was so great line..

"Do you know what I'm doind now? Not using my wind pipe"
"Vampire"
"Capital V. And there's something else you should know about me. I have no problem spannking men!"

Thats what we get when Josh Wheddon is writing. I hope he will write and direct more episodes this season.

Mars-Chan
10-02-2003, 03:41 PM
I still like:
"Get out of my chair."
Make me.

I also agree about that line. :D

Karpo_007
10-02-2003, 03:43 PM
Hopefully the action will stay as good for the rest of the season. The way Angel finished the special ops leader made me smile.

Mars-Chan
10-03-2003, 07:17 AM
AND HOW! I can't wait! :D

Karpo_007
10-03-2003, 08:39 AM
Angel kicks the leaders shotgun through his head leaving blood mark on the wall... I can't recall anything like that from the past seasons...

Mars-Chan
10-03-2003, 09:08 AM
I don't think I can either...though I stopped watching "Buffy" after a certian spiked haired green eyed were-wolf left....

Karpo_007
10-03-2003, 09:21 AM
Well buffy's last season was pretty violent too.

Mars-Chan
10-03-2003, 09:48 AM
True...including the musical number....*shudders*....Xander singing.... :lol:

Karpo_007
10-03-2003, 10:14 AM
"Once more with a feeling" was in the 6th season, 7th was the last.

Mars-Chan
10-03-2003, 10:59 AM
*smacks her forhead* DUH! How could I forget?
Was the following lines from 6 or 7:
Buffy: "I love you..."
Spike: "No, you don't."
SHELL!!! I can't remember!

Karpo_007
10-03-2003, 01:34 PM
Season 7, Final episode of the series just before Spike sacrifices himself.

Mars-Chan
10-03-2003, 01:36 PM
Now I remember. Thanks. :D

Shellfox
10-08-2003, 10:30 AM
just a reminder

SPIKE DAY SPIKE DAY SPIKE DAY :evilgrin:

Mars-Chan
10-08-2003, 10:34 AM
just a reminder
SPIKE DAY SPIKE DAY SPIKE DAY :evilgrin:
WHOO! *does a bad impression of a cheerleader doing that cheer, does a backfilp and looses her footing and lands on her shelled back* Ow.... :dead: :lol:

Karpo_007
10-08-2003, 11:02 AM
As usual, I'l have to wait untill tomorrow to see the episode ;(.

Mars-Chan
10-08-2003, 11:08 AM
*from the floor* Why do you have to wait, Karpo?

Karpo_007
10-08-2003, 11:54 AM
Living on the other side of the globe might have something to do with it...

Mars-Chan
10-08-2003, 11:56 AM
*backflips up from the floor* Ah....good point.
What? I didn't fall..... :lol:

Shellfox
10-09-2003, 07:32 AM
I'm not sure I can live with a show where Spike doesn't get to hurt people, at least he got to beat up demons in Buffy, not he feels kinda worthless. But on the other hand, I really do believe that Angel going to need him later on, cause Angel seems to be getting more violent/ruthless since he joined WRH, granted its only been 3 eps (including last seasons offer), but it really looks like Spikes going to be Angels balance later on (but a lot sooner than I would have guessed). I do wonder if we'll ever seen what Spike sees, we know where hes going, but seeing it might help.

I Hate The Masker Wrestler!

And I'm still mad we can never bring Dole back, he was my favorite part of the show

Karpo_007
10-09-2003, 12:34 PM
I liked the episode, Marster and Boreanaz work very well together, as always.

About Dole, he was never a big part of the show, only on board for some 10 episodes. He was used just to give the "gift" to cordelia.

Mars-Chan
10-09-2003, 01:45 PM
I missed it...due to...*says in a sarcastic voice*...."Action Wensday"! :evil:

Shellfox
10-09-2003, 03:23 PM
About Dole, he was never a big part of the show, only on board for some 10 episodes. He was used just to give the "gift" to cordelia.
Not the point, he was still the best thing in the show, he was 10 times better than Wesley, Gunn and Fred combined. And whats more he made cordy more interesting (or drowned her out not sure), he was the comidy releaf of the show, the closest they've come to him is lorn (maybe its the green thing?). He had a cool past, and his last few eps just made him cooler, he was finally getting comforable with his Demon side and they kill him off-blast it!

For the record TNT just showed his death ep less than 20 min ago so I'm a bit riled up, I HATE WES, DAMN YOU DRUG USE GLENN QUINN why did you have to die and take Dole with you! They could have brought him back, death was relitive in that show

Karpo_007
10-09-2003, 04:15 PM
Well I never really cared much for Doyle, could be that fact that the show started getting really good in the second season.

Brodie
10-09-2003, 05:38 PM
I thought Doyle was great, I liked the cool Irish character. Being Irish and all. But I got kinda mad when they killed him off (that episode was on TNT today too...). Wesley was Ok at first but now he's just dull. I hate Gun and Fred. I almost wet myself when there was the episode where Gun offered his life for Fred's, I was happy. But then he didn't die.

And then there was that whole pissed off thing.

Shellfox
10-09-2003, 06:23 PM
you all know Wes's origin story right?
Josh Whedon came up with him went up to the actor on the first ep and said he was going to die. But before the ep ended he told the actor he was going to let him live through the ep and kill him next ep, and that went on through all of season 3. WHY! Every ep he was in in started out with him dying in the end, so how could he have lived this long!

And while my hated of Wes knows no bounds, I do like his weapons, at least the ones that pop out of his sleaves (but Angel doing it in the first ep was better)
And while I don't hate Gunn, he just doesn't stant out, he feels like a poor mans Xander to me, and I love Xander so that kinda helps me tolerate Gunn.
They should have left Fred in Pileea, see SUCKS, I liked her better when see stayed in the cave or room and obsesd over Angel, I was always waiting for her to go bezerk and try and kill every one
Lorn I loved, hes just pure comidy and style (again I think its the green thing)
Kate- granted she only had a few eps, but she was good, I always wanted her to become a main chacter, always kinda hoped shed show up and kill fred during the rampage I was waiting for above

Karpo_007
10-10-2003, 12:27 AM
If you don't like almost any of the main characters, Im suprised that you have wacthed the show this long. I happen to agree with the general fanbase, the series strated a little dull, and has gotten better and better evey season. Same things seems to be happening again, altough they have much lower budget this year.

Half-Shell
10-10-2003, 05:40 AM
I usually don't coment on shows but i'm a little boreed right now and something's been wanting to get out of my mind and speak it for a long time. Sorry if i offend anyone by what i say.

Joss Whendon has got to be one of the worst writers ever. He has great ideas but thats it. He has a great imagination. but he's not that great. He just gets Over-Geekifyed over the internet by Fantasy people. Some of the premiers and finales have been good i'll give him that but my favourite episodes are always penned by other writers. He has such an ego. Everytime i read one of his interviews i wanna beat the hell out of him with fish tied to baseball bats. He has got the be one of the least humble writers ever. I didn't like the Season premiere much i wasn't enterainted at all save for Harmony & my favourite Spike who appeared at the end.

The best people who knew what they were doing with Angel are now gone. Tim Minear & Dave Greenwalt. The last finale was incredible and one of the best ever. Bravo for Tim Minear too bad he's now gone.

I started to dislike Angel around mid Season 3 - Now. The only reason i'm watching now is Spike even though he dosen't belong on the show. I started watching Angel at the end of Season 1 when i finally got the WB channel and i loved it. I loved the whole feel of the show i loved Angel, Cordelia, Wesley, Faith & Buffy appearing in a crossover :), Wolfram & Hart: I love the idea of an Evil Law Firm. I loved this street hunter named Gunn and was so excited to see him as a main character in Season Two. Season Two i LOVED. That is when the show was truly great. It had the Crew of 4, The Host, Merl, Lindsay, Lillah, Holland & Detective Kate plus some of the coolest stories ever. Season 3 changed that get rid of Lindsay, Kate :( Kill Merl :( I liked that idea of Holtz the vampire hunter coming from the past but it didn't play out for me and didn't like Conner. Season 4 Premiere i didn't like at all. They made Connor a main character before the Host :( And the rest i didn't enjoy.

Now Season 5. Cool idea Angel running Wolfram & Hart :) Miss the Hotel :( Miss Lillah :( Hate New Chick :( Like the idea of Spike as a ghost but he dosen't fit.

What I really don't like is Cordelia being basically a sleeping corpse. she was never my fav on that show or Buffy buit i always liked her and she fit on both shows. They need to bring her back, i hate to say it but i'd rather have Cordy then Spike. I could even live without The Host who i love or Fred if Cordy came back. Joss getting rid of her was a big mistake. Anoather reeason i dislike him is his commnts about that. "Oh there was no more story to tell" BULL Every Writer knows that there is always more stories to tell , even if a character has died there are still flashbacks or ghostform. But there never finished. Lillah being taken off is anoather Big Mistake. Her appearing as Angel's messanger was great i loved that so why'd they get rid of her? The New chick sucks both as a character and as an actress. She's no cool Wolfram & Hart Employee. I Liked Gavin better then her and i hated Gavin.. I Miss The Host/Lorne doing his Thing i loved him in Season 2 at his Club i don't mind him doing more action or whatever but he's not the same and i kinda like him less now. It's too bad the show as declined so much if only it stayed like Season 1 & 2.

I also bought Season 1 and i agree with ShellFox killing Doyle was a big mistake. Planned or not. Doyle was so Wicked Trick. Imagine Angel, Cordy, Doyle & Wes all in season 1 that would have been cool. I love Gunn though he dosen't do as much when he first appeared but when it's a Gunn episode i'm all over that. And your right Making Kate a main character would have been great. I always wanted that too. I miss her so much on that show.

Sorry as it's rather long i aplogize I was in Motermouth mode this morning.

Karpo_007
10-10-2003, 05:58 AM
Totalu Disagree. Wheddon is one of the most talented writers on Holywood, he has perfectedseveral movie scripts, but is usually in credited. Angel and Buffy are of course the best proof of that, they are his children. Even if Angel has notgotten the same paraise from fans and crtitics as Buffy, I think it's just as good as series. But opinions differ, even Wheddon can't please all it seems.

Im really happy that Cordelia is gone. I agree that she was in the show way too long. I never liked Cordy&Angel romance.

Half-Shell
10-10-2003, 06:08 AM
If you want a good writer i'll introduce you to Alan Ball he wrote American Beauty and now is the creator writer and director of HBO's Six Feet Under. The Best show on Television by far. Even when he dosen't write an episode it feels like he does because there all so good. The storries, the characters. Magnificent. While it hasn't won the Best Drama yet just the fact that it gets nominated showes how it truly is one of the best shows on Television. And it will get it's day. There's a reson why Whendon will never get an emmy or a nomination. Compared to the other fish in the sea its lucky he can still float. I hate when complain too that Buffy & Angel never win any emmys or get nominated is laughable. As much as i love them and enjoy them. There Horror shows mixed with Drama. It will never play. and compared to shows like Six Feet Under, Sopranos, The West Wing, The Shield there stories & characters don't compare.

Karpo_007
10-10-2003, 06:33 AM
To each his own. I do know that critics like both, American beauty and Six feet under, I think they aren't anything special. American Beauty was quite fun, but six feet under seems just boring.

Films that I do like, Wheddon has worked with. X-men and Toy Story's scripts were both edited by him. Another great film is Speed, wich I also enjoyed very much. Maybe not heavily awarded movies, but a movie doesn't need to get awards for me to like it.

Still I think Buffy and Angel are his best work. Both shows are just brilliant, they have humour, action and great characters. They will never win emmy awards, but so what? They are great entertainment, and for me sixfeet under is far from that.

Brodie
10-10-2003, 07:06 AM
I like the dialog in Angel, the sarcasm of Angel is really funny because he usually talks in such monotonic tones.

Shellfox
10-10-2003, 11:35 AM
tried 6 feet under a few times, and I've never been able to get in to it, I don't know maybe its just the entire concept of death they made.

As for why I wacth Angel, it has Angel, one of my main reasons to watch buffy. Another reason is Lorn- hes just so diffrent from the rest of the casts of B/A, hes not a fighter, he doesn't really try to be, hes a lounge lizard with a cool gift, one that has seen to little air time as of late.
But mostly I watch the show for the secondary chacters like Lore, Kate and Lindsey- they always had so much potential, they may not have been in every ep, but when they were the ep just semed better. The makup was obviously a draw as were the stories and the chances of a Buffy cast member showing up (ozz, willow, buffy, spike, harmony- probly a few more, not sure why I havn't seen giles or Xander).
Gunn- I guess I should go back and try to explain him, its not that I don't like him, I don't like what he became. I loved his first ep, he had a good feel, and his later eps were good, especily when he introduced his battle ax. BUt the longer he went he just never distingushed him self in my eyes. And then he went after Fred and I lost all respect for teh man, she made him suck, then came him getting WRH and the panther and there was hope that he'd become something great, but no he became a lawyer :sleep: I still hold out hope that he could become cool again later (hopefully when Fred dies ina lab accedent :tlol: ).
Oh and theres Skip, I liked skip he was sadistic and chipper at the same time, thats an automatic plus, shame they wasted him by making him evil
And once more I'm glad Cordy more or less rather gone, I didn't like her in Buffy didn't like her in Angel, except when Dole was around she seemed more tolerable. Yet when she became a demon I was hopeful, the odds of her becoming cool where there, but not she didn't do jack
I will contine to watch the show and enjoy what I can, but I still want new Slayers to show up, we have an entire world of them now, and I want to see them

Karpo_007
10-10-2003, 11:40 AM
SMG confirmed she will be in atleast one episode this season, so I believe thats when they tell more about the new slayers.

Shellfox
10-10-2003, 01:43 PM
I'm thinking the new slayers will be mentioned in Ep 95, since it some what deals with the renewed Watchers Council, but I'd still rather see some new slayers, there has to be at least one evil slayer out there, and they need to show her.
Also bringing up the slayers, I wonder, if a potential is born girl, but has a sex chance operation, will her/his powers still have been activated?
well away from that sick thought
I can't wait for ep 96, I won't ruin the suprise, but its cool
And apperently WB had the option after the second ep to decide weather or not to order the full 22 ep season or call it quites after ep 101( season and series). Appereantly they liked the rating Angel got and we get teh full season all the way to ep 110(season finale), if we get another season after that, I don't know

Mars-Chan
10-10-2003, 01:49 PM
Could someone PLEASE tell me what happend?! I missed the second half of the episode!!! :cry:

Karpo_007
10-10-2003, 02:08 PM
Well to put it short, Spike helped Angel to deal with the Necromancer, and at the end of the episode begged Fred to help him.

Good to know that a full season will be shown. Hopefully rating continue trough the season so it doesn't end this year.

Mars-Chan
10-10-2003, 02:11 PM
Thank you Karpo. It was "Action Wensday" in my neck of the woods when they showed it. :evil:

Karpo_007
10-10-2003, 02:13 PM
I have to use IRC to get the episodes, and it usually takes About 24 hours after airing before I can watch it. Well the good side is that there is no commercials, and I can watch them on my DVD player.

Mars-Chan
10-10-2003, 02:16 PM
I may have to opt for that....

Shellfox
10-10-2003, 02:50 PM
My one great fear in Angel is they find a way to bring ANYA back I waited what 4 seasons to see her die, and it was a good death even if they missed out on killing Andrew.
Nothing to really support this fear, but people being dead in these 2 shows isn't always permenant.
And for the record I see Anya as Cordy taken to the extreme, and since I hate Cordy there is no known word for how I feel about Anya

Karpo_007
10-10-2003, 02:52 PM
Well I don't think that would happen, but you never know.

Shellfox
10-15-2003, 06:45 PM
liking the werewolf

so is the Doc the same guy who does Flox on Enterprise or is it just me, but he can't sing, but at least Lorn is using his powers again. And I always thought that song was called Jeeses Gilr not Lonley Boy, live and learn
Nice to see Gunn not being trusted by the others
Nice to see Spike all bent out of shape over them helping the wolf and not him.

Shellfox
10-17-2003, 04:11 AM
http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=1936
good and bad news from for Angle depending on who you are (mostly bad)

Angel creator Joss Whedon says he'd like to bring Charisma Carpenter back to the show sometime this season, even if it's just to achieve an end to her character's story.

"We definitely want to see Charisma again," Whedon tells the Associated Press. "She has an important part to play this season to bring some closure." If things work out, there's a chance viewers could see Cordelia around the midway point of the season.

The odds of seeing Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy again on the show this season seem worse. "I'm not banking on it," Whedon said about the rumors that she would appear.

It's more likely that viewers will again see Willow (Alyson Hannigan), who appeared on the show last season.

Mars-Chan
10-17-2003, 07:10 AM
MUST HURT WILLOW! *hates Willow and her ways* *slinks off*

Karpo_007
10-20-2003, 09:03 AM
Little late this week... It was a good episode, loved to see werewolfs in Angel.

Mars-Chan
10-20-2003, 09:06 AM
WERE-WOLF!?? What were-wolf?!? BLAST MY NETWORK FOR NOT SHOWING IT AT THE ALOTTED TIME!!! :evil:

Karpo_007
10-20-2003, 10:01 AM
Yep, I think it was a first time on Angel.

Shellfox
10-20-2003, 11:10 AM
Unless you count the oz eo, but he never changed

The next ep looks great, 'parental warning' can only make this ep memorable

Karpo_007
10-20-2003, 11:28 AM
Yep, Oz never changed, and he wasn't on the screen for too long.

Mars-Chan
10-20-2003, 11:34 AM
He's on the show!?! *kicks her tv to rubble* Stupid thing.... :evil:
And I love Oz too...

Karpo_007
10-20-2003, 11:54 AM
He had a short appearance in the first season.

Mars-Chan
10-20-2003, 12:04 PM
Of "Buffy" I knew....but is he on "Angel"?

Karpo_007
10-20-2003, 12:30 PM
I was speaking of Angel. Both Spike and Oz were in one episode. It was the 3rd episode of the series.

Mars-Chan
10-20-2003, 12:33 PM
*kicks the rubble that was her tv* WHY must you torment me so?!?

Karpo_007
10-23-2003, 11:23 AM
Totally loved this week's episode, I think it's the best one yet in this season. It was actually pretty scary.

Mars-Chan
10-30-2003, 02:10 PM
Tv laughs WITH me...not at me...right?...RIGHT!?
:lol: