PDA

View Full Version : X-Files Season 10

TheBlueTurtle1
01-27-2016, 11:52 AM
Come on guys, spill your thoughts. Love the first 2 episodes, loved the monster of the week episode.

Fingers crossed they do more and we see Agent Dogget in S11.

AT-Man
01-27-2016, 12:31 PM
They were alright.

ZariusTwo
01-27-2016, 01:51 PM
Fingers crossed they do more and we see Agent Dogget in S11.

Robert Patrick apparently doesn't like reprising roles in anything he does, and declined to appear in this.

sdp
01-27-2016, 01:58 PM
I'm really excited, I always liked the X-Files but didn't really watch the entire run until a year and a half ago and it was a blast. The myth episodes got too complicated and silly after the first movie and I didn't like the new agents either and I'm all for legacy. Hope the success leads to more seasons with a new cast while having Mulder and Scully back for around 6 episodes each season.

Shark_Blade
01-29-2016, 02:59 AM
I like the first one, haven't seen the second yet.

Wesley
01-29-2016, 10:11 AM
I wasn't a big fan of the old series, but I watched some of the later seasons in the early 00s (I was too young to watch the early ones). I liked the characters but didn't pay much attention to the alien story arc.

I don't remember much about the series, but I watched the first two episodes of the new series and I thought that they were decent but a bit boring at times. It was nice to see those characters after all these years. The show doesn't interest me much to be honest.

plastroncafe
01-29-2016, 10:37 AM
I've maybe seen two dozen X-files episodes total, so I'm probably not the best person to have a cogent opinion regarding the restart.

Having said that...I did watch the first episode. Boy, there sure was a whole lot of monologue towards the end, and I'm not entirely sure what was going on.

But it was nice to see the banter!

Wesley
01-29-2016, 03:21 PM
I've maybe seen two dozen X-files episodes total, so I'm probably not the best person to have a cogent opinion regarding the restart.

Having said that...I did watch the first episode. Boy, there sure was a whole lot of monologue towards the end, and I'm not entirely sure what was going on.

But it was nice to see the banter!

I only remember watching a few episodes of seasons eight and nine when it was on air, so I'm probably not the best person to have an opinion about the show either. I did watch the first movie around that time and thought it was good. I rewatched it a few years ago and it still seemed decent. I had to look up Wikipedia to find out who some of the characters were, though.

Shark_Blade
01-31-2016, 07:06 PM
How very strange...

http://wgntv.com/2016/01/31/take-a-peek-into-the-cias-real-x-files/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cia-x-files-flying-saucer_us_56a683cee4b0404eb8f28845

---------------------

Anyway, the second ep is an amazing step forward compared to the first one (which is a whole lot of telling instead of showing) spoonfed to us. I absolutely love the gore/autopsy segment and the final death of the psych ward doctor.

I read reviews that said the third one is the best. Can't wait. Been watching Season 1 again in the meantime. :tlove::D

Wesley
02-03-2016, 08:14 AM
I watched the third episode and thought it was great. The best episode of the new series so far and fun to watch. The show is starting to grow on me.

Zak The Neutrino
02-03-2016, 07:28 PM
I just watched all 3 episodes so far last night. I really love that this is back and have enjoyed it so far. The monster episode was a bit out there but fun at the same time.

TheBlueTurtle1
02-04-2016, 12:49 AM
The last episode was really out there for an Xfiles ep, but I loved it! Funny stuff.

Shark_Blade
02-04-2016, 01:16 AM
Oh my I love the 3rd episode! :tlove: It's nice that they put in funny, random stuff too.

AT-Man
02-04-2016, 02:05 AM
Indeed, the third episode became an instant classic.

Wesley
02-10-2016, 01:18 PM
I watched the fourth episode last night and thought it was a bit of a letdown. I liked Scully's side plot. I didn't like the monster-of-the-week case, though, as it was difficult to know what was going on at times. The last scene with Mulder and Scully was the best part of the episode.

TheBlueTurtle1
02-11-2016, 12:49 AM
I actually thought it was great 4th episode, trash man was terrifying:teek:

TheCanadiandrome
02-11-2016, 11:06 PM
Shame it's coming to an end soon

Sumac
02-12-2016, 06:54 AM
First episode was a mess. Too much infodumps and conspiracies over conspiracies. While I suspect conspiracy stuff is one of those things that made this series famous in the first place, the way it was infodumped on viewers in this episode left a lot to be desired.
However, I liked the ending.

Second episode was good. Like "you can put it in one of the past seasons of the X-Files and nobody will be able to spot the difference" good.

Third episode...was awesome. I never saw comedic episodes of the X-Files, so it was something new to me. Also, themes in this episode hit quite close to home. So, 10 out of 10.

Fourth episode, kind of strange. It feels unfinished in some sense. Still it was not bad.

Patiently waiting for the next episode.

Shark_Blade
02-13-2016, 09:34 AM
The gory death was shocking in Episode 4. I like the cinematography and characters in the story, but Ep 3 is indeed much better.

Ah, 2 more episodes. I hope we do get Season 11.

Wesley
02-17-2016, 01:06 PM
I watched the fifth episode and didn't know what to make of it. I found Mulder to be annoying and Scully boring at times in this episode. Mulder's magic mushroom scene was fun to watch, though.

Sumac
02-17-2016, 01:09 PM
Episode 5 was all over the place.
Serious theme, but a lot of strangely timed humour.
Mulder's trip though was fun.

Wesley
02-24-2016, 09:12 AM
I watched the last episode and thought it was disappointing. The good parts were outweighed by the bad. This ep's story wasn't credible to me. It seemed rushed and got silly/predictable as the ep went on. It was too "out there" for me. I hadn't watched much of the original series, so I didn't know who the returning special guest character was, but I didn't think the character was used well or the other characters for that matter. I also thought that the acting performances were stiff at times, a problem I had with the first episode as well.

Looking back at season 10, I think the third episode was the best and the others weren't as good. The new series had potential, but didn't live up to the hype.

The Deadman
02-24-2016, 12:37 PM
“The X-Files” Creator Says Fox Wants Another Season, Possible Third Movie?! (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3380888/fox-wants-another-season-of-the-x-files/)

TheBlueTurtle1
02-25-2016, 12:48 AM
That's great news. Overall I really enjoyed the season. I hope for more.

Shark_Blade
02-25-2016, 06:38 AM
Omg absolutely epic final episode! Yes yes yes! :teek:

But that cliffhanger! No no no!! :tlol:

Sumac
02-26-2016, 06:57 PM
Horrible final.
It was as if I was watching generic Hollywood action movie, with X-Files characters randomly wondering in the story. I am not sure, if there is a way to make a satisfying resolution for this story and then return to the "monster of the day" stuff.

Wesley
02-27-2016, 09:40 AM
Horrible final.
It was as if I was watching generic Hollywood action movie, with X-Files characters randomly wondering in the story. I am not sure, if there is a way to make a satisfying resolution for this story and then return to the "monster of the day" stuff.

Agreed. I thought the finale ruined the show a bit for me. A lot of cliche stuff happened and it was hard to take the plot seriously. Is the original series worth rewatching, though? I watched a bit of it in the early 00s and thought it was good, better than the new series.

Shark_Blade
02-27-2016, 09:53 AM
The classic episodes are no doubt better than the new ones tbh. :D