PDA

View Full Version : Second trailer soon!

AlZarkovski
01-28-2016, 08:45 AM
Maybe February, 1?
http://www.albertafilmratings.ca/recentclasstrailers.aspx

Vicky82
01-28-2016, 09:14 AM
Maybe February, 1?

Wow, I didn't expect it to be so soon. I thought it be at least March/April time. I expect they are planning 3/4 trailers.

wurican
01-28-2016, 09:14 AM
Probably gearing up for a Super Bowl trailer.

Vicky82
01-28-2016, 09:19 AM
Probably gearing up for a Super Bowl trailer.

When is the Superbowl anyway.

Never mind I checked.

So its on Feb 7th, which will be a bummer for me as I expect the trailer will hit in the early hours in the UK.

TigerClaw
01-28-2016, 09:40 AM
Maybe February, 1?
That's great news, it'll have a 2:12 runtime. :)

The Deadman
01-28-2016, 09:47 AM
Wow, I didn't expect it to be so soon. I thought it be at least March/April time. I expect they are planning 3/4 trailers.

Id think one more trailer and then all tv spots. Too many trailers spoils the movie.

TigerClaw
01-28-2016, 09:50 AM
Id think one more trailer and tben all tv spots. Too many trailers spoils the movie.
Maybe we can expect a Superbowl TV Spot as well.

TheSkeletonMan939
01-28-2016, 10:34 AM
But we just got a trailer like a month ago.

TigerClaw
01-28-2016, 10:42 AM
The trailer came out in December, and the 2nd one should be sometime in Feb, usually these trailers are a few months apart.

sethmartin
01-28-2016, 11:32 AM
I'm tired of these big movies (Like Zack Snyder's Superfriends) releasing trailer after trailer after trailer. What's wrong with just one trailer and a couple of tv spots. They release all the good stuff and it takes away from the actual film. It's Ninja Turtles! It's Batman/Superman! People are going to go see it. You don't need to release a new trailer every month. It's nonsense

TigerClaw
01-28-2016, 11:38 AM
I'm tired of these big movies (Like Zack Snyder's Superfriends) releasing trailer after trailer after trailer. What's wrong with just one trailer and a couple of tv spots. They release all the good stuff and it takes away from the actual film. It's Ninja Turtles! It's Batman/Superman! People are going to go see it. You don't need to release a new trailer every month. It's nonsense
I don't have problems with new trailers being released, they just make me want to see the movie way more.

NinjaPug
01-28-2016, 12:05 PM
Better get an Official TMNT 2 Trailer 2 Discussion thread started asap.

TigerClaw
01-28-2016, 12:09 PM
Better get an Official TMNT 2 Trailer 2 Discussion thread started asap.
Consider it done.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=54374

NinjaPug
01-28-2016, 12:11 PM
Consider it done.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=54374

I was just joking about a new thread because it seems like everything has it's own "official" thread now. No need for one.

TigerClaw
01-28-2016, 12:14 PM
I was just joking about a new thread because it seems like everything has it's own "official" thread now. No need for one.
Well it's too late now since I can't delete it anyways.

DioLeo451
01-28-2016, 12:26 PM
''Well slap me thrice and hand me to me mama'':tsmile:

IndigoErth
01-28-2016, 12:51 PM
But how much new stuff will be in it is the question. I hope they don't give all the good stuff away like last time. As much as I want to see more in trailers, I'd rather not do like the first film and kind of ruin any surprise by it turning out the only scenes that hadn't been touched on are boring human-only parts. Last time got really difficult to resist watching everything that was put out there.

I'd rather they stop at two trailers and wish they'd just have some fun promo shorts separate from the film; that I'm sure would probably be too costly and time consuming to produce, but a fan can wish.

TigerClaw
01-28-2016, 12:54 PM
But how much new stuff will be in it is the question. I hope they don't give all the good stuff away like last time. As much as I want to see more in trailers, I'd rather not do like the first film and kind of ruin any surprise by it turning out the only scenes that hadn't been touched on are boring human-only parts. Last time got really difficult to resist watching everything that was put out there.

I'd rather they stop at two trailers and wish they'd just have some fun promo shorts; that I'm sure would probably be too costly and time consuming to produce, but a fan can wish.
It'll probably be about the plot, Just like how they did in the trailers for the first movie, The first one was just the imagery, and the 2nd trailer was more plot specific.

sethmartin
01-28-2016, 01:00 PM
Last time, not only did they release two trailers but they released full scenes online such as part of the snow chase and the elevator scene, arguably the two best scenes in the movie.

TigerClaw
01-28-2016, 01:05 PM
Last time, not only did they release two trailers but they released full scenes online such as part of the snow chase and the elevator scene, arguably the two best scenes in the movie.
I wouldn't be surprise if Nickelodeon does another BTS special for TMNT 2.

Kintarovsky
01-28-2016, 04:00 PM
I hope to see some Krang and The Technodrome in this second trailer.

TigerClaw
01-28-2016, 04:02 PM
Yeah, it would be cool if they teased Kraang and the Technodrome in this new trailer while not giving away too much.

DioLeo451
01-28-2016, 04:14 PM
No No No No No No way too early that's like the Tyrannosaurus Rex of this picture keep it as a surprise I say

The Deadman
01-28-2016, 04:55 PM
No No No No No No way too early that's like the Tyrannosaurus Rex of this picture keep it as a surprise I say

They could always show the back of Krang's body like they showed the feet of the Rex.

TigerClaw
01-28-2016, 04:57 PM
The new trailer will probably show a scene or two of the final battle.

Matt2310
01-28-2016, 10:45 PM
probably show us a shot from behind krang in the android suit or his shadow or something

graphic_content
01-29-2016, 05:40 PM
multiple trailers never really ruin the experience for me - I love to see everything I can before a film releases, for me, it just increases the anticipation.

I do think its ironic that these boards were filled with hate during the first movie for a lack of marketing, and now I see comments with people saying that 2 trailers, in a few months time is too much. :lol:

TigerClaw
01-29-2016, 05:48 PM
multiple trailers never really ruin the experience for me - I love to see everything I can before a film releases, for me, it just increases the anticipation.

I do think its ironic that these boards were filled with hate during the first movie for a lack of marketing, and now I see comments with people saying that 2 trailers, in a few months time is too much. :lol:
and were also getting a Superbowl TV spot, The 1st TMNT never had a Superbowl spot, So the marketing for the sequel is in full swing.

June is a huge month for summer blockbuster movies, so Paramount is gonna promote the hell out of the sequel.

Galactus
01-29-2016, 06:02 PM

I don't recall hate for the lack of marketing. I do remember a lot of talk that it was indicative of the studio not having much faith in the movie which was a sign that all was not right with the film (I think we were correct in that). That became irrelevant though when they did do a last minute eleventh hour blitz. There was actually quite a lot of marketing in the end.

As for spoiling anything we already know what Krang and the Technodrome look like, seeing them in a more fully rendered cgi form wont be a huge spoiler.

IndigoErth
01-29-2016, 06:44 PM
Likewise, I only recall frustration over the lack of marketing for so long, with a lot of the consensus being that it was held back until after Transformers got it's attention first, which appeared to turn out to be true.

Foombamaroom
01-29-2016, 08:34 PM
I definitely think the marketing is going to be different than the last one. The last one didn't even make half a million dollars (TMNT should easily be able to make $700m), and they were banking on the kids seeing it. The problem is that they pissed people off with the 'From Producer Michael Bay Part', and ugly ass Turtles. No one complains that the Transformers look like crap.

Plus, they didn't really advertise this movie to begin with. The teaser trailer didn't go in front of anything besides Cap: TWS, and that was a week after the fact, I assume they only showed TV spots on Nickelodeon, and the main trailer only went in front of Transformers. They already got one in front of Star Wars, and now they're probably gonna put this one in front of Deadpool. It's a smart move marketing wise. The chances of seeing Krang and the Technodrome are high, too. They're gonna want people to know that Krang, along with Bebop and Rocksteady, are actually in this movie.

I doubt they'll spoil the movie, though. I mean, really, they spoiled it in the synopsis. We all know the final fight's going to be with Krang as he tries invading, just like how we all knew the Turtles were going to have to stop Shredder from doing something at the end of the last movie.

TigerClaw
01-29-2016, 08:52 PM
There is no new Transformers movie coming out this year, so TMNT 2 is the only tentpole movie that Paramount has for June this summer, so we can expect a huge promotional push for the sequel, even Nickelodeon will be promoting the movie heavily without a doubt.

IndigoErth
01-29-2016, 09:10 PM
even Nickelodeon will be promoting the movie heavily without a doubt.
I'll be curious to see if it turns up on my tv this time. For the first, I never saw a trailer even once on Nick (only thing on there was that sneak peek special that one night) which I assume was my cable company's doing. Maybe this time.

sethmartin
01-29-2016, 09:21 PM
I definitely think the marketing is going to be different than the last one. The last one didn't even make half a million dollars (TMNT should easily be able to make $700m)

You mean half a Billion? It made $493 million. That's not far from half a B

OrangeNinja1987
01-29-2016, 09:29 PM
probably show us a shot from behind krang in the android suit or his shadow or something

Or have Krang do the voiceover narration of the trailer. It would be hilarious to hear a goofy voice and have the rest of the trailer be more serious.

Autbot_Benz
01-29-2016, 10:01 PM
its getting a 30 second teaser trailer at the super bowl

http://comicbook.com/2016/01/29/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-getting-super-bo/

Etsyturtle2
01-30-2016, 05:36 AM
Old news dude.

Leolead
01-30-2016, 06:42 AM
Sweet! Can't wait! :D Do you guys thing we might see Krang in the trailer? I was hoping that we wouldn't see him until the movie, but the cat is outta the bag now, so they might as well show him.

Shark_Blade
01-31-2016, 04:53 AM
My body is ready. :D

Foombamaroom
01-31-2016, 07:43 AM
You mean half a Billion? It made $493 million. That's not far from half a B

Yeah, I meant half a billion lol.

And I kinda just keep that in the 493 million category, considering it didn't exactly hit 500 million. That's not the point, though. The point is that, considering Ant-Man brought in more money than this, this movie probably was a huge underperformance in the eyes of Bay and Co.

TrickOrTreater
01-31-2016, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I meant half a billion lol.

And I kinda just keep that in the 493 million category, considering it didn't exactly hit 500 million. That's not the point, though. The point is that, considering Ant-Man brought in more money than this, this movie probably was a huge underperformance in the eyes of Bay and Co.

Ant-Man brought in more money than Ninja Turtles.

Ant-Man.

Hell, never mind Ant-Man. GotG, a completely unknown property to the general public starring a talking raccoon and a talking tree that only says three words, whooped the absolutely ASS of BayTurtles one week PRIOR to BayTurtles coming out.

That's how you know your movie sucks.

ToTheNines
01-31-2016, 07:19 PM
It was a cheaply made rush job with a hack director, hack writers, hack producers and no big acting stars... I'd say it exceeded expectations.

TheSkeletonMan939
01-31-2016, 07:38 PM
Exactly. Even so, the first one somehow managed to get off the ground and turn a decent profit, and that's probably the hardest Platinum Dunes will ever have to work to make a good TMNT film.

They've hooked enough people onto the series; now all they have to do is reel them in every couple of years with merely the promise of nostalgia (Bebop and Rocksteady in this installment).

If they can make four Alvin and the Chipmunks films and make money off them, then producing more TMNT films will be a breeze.

chrisdude
02-01-2016, 06:52 PM
Hey, those Chipmunk movies are solid.

Etsyturtle2
02-01-2016, 07:50 PM

Solid as peanut butter.

DarkLightDragon
02-01-2016, 07:56 PM

Leave and never come back.

Leo656
02-01-2016, 11:15 PM
E3-_J22CBZk

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/4217919/pro-wrestling-camel-clutch-o.gif

chrisdude
02-02-2016, 08:41 AM
Hey, you don't have to like Alvin & The Chipmunks, but those are good Alvin & The Chipmunks movies.

RETTEB SNATAS
02-02-2016, 09:13 AM
I'm stoked as hell for this trailer. A Krang voice over would be awesome. But I wouldn't show him though. Maybe a shadow or something. I'd like to see a few shots of some fight scenes. I'm so thrilled that Liebesman is gone. Ugh what a ****** as director.

DioLeo451
02-02-2016, 08:08 PM
I have a mighty need for more footage of Bebop, Rocksteady, Casey etc

samxsteal
02-02-2016, 08:48 PM
I'm stoked as hell for this trailer. A Krang voice over would be awesome. But I wouldn't show him though. Maybe a shadow or something. I'd like to see a few shots of some fight scenes. I'm so thrilled that Liebesman is gone. Ugh what a ****** as director.i can't wait seriously I hope it releases soon

I have a mighty need for more footage of Bebop, Rocksteady, Casey etc

I can't wait to see those two wrecking havoc lol

Leo656
02-02-2016, 10:35 PM
Hey, you don't have to like Alvin & The Chipmunks, but those are good Alvin & The Chipmunks movies.

I grew up with both Alvin & The Chipmunks as well as The Alvin Show, and yet, I find those movies to be an abomination. Go figure. Guess I'm not that easy to read.

RETTEB SNATAS
02-03-2016, 09:23 AM
i can't wait seriously I hope it releases soon

I can't wait to see those two wrecking havoc lol

I'm thinking by the end of the week

Edit: https://twitter.com/TMNTMovie/status/695306198577344516

Shred87
02-13-2016, 02:53 PM
Any word on a new trailer? I was under the impression the super bowl commercial was a clip from a full trailer that would be released.

Vicky82
02-13-2016, 03:04 PM
Any word on a new trailer? I was under the impression the super bowl commercial was a clip from a full trailer that would be released.

I don't know, it could be just an edited version of the 1st trailer for cinemas.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
02-13-2016, 03:19 PM
I hope that it has a lot of new footage.

Etsyturtle2
02-22-2016, 02:38 PM
Any leads on when this will come out?

Powder
02-22-2016, 06:16 PM
It already did, for the Superbowl. That's what this thread was about. A "teaser" is still a trailer.

Etsyturtle2
02-22-2016, 06:21 PM
It was a tv spot. Alberta film rating classified a new trailer for cinemas. Not television.

Powder
02-22-2016, 06:22 PM
Tell that to the OP. Point is, this thread was for that spot. Ain't no info about a "real" second trailer yet.

Etsyturtle2
02-22-2016, 06:28 PM
Have you even read the op post? There was another thread for the spot.

DevilSpooky
02-22-2016, 06:46 PM
Tell that to the OP. Point is, this thread was for that spot. Ain't no info about a "real" second trailer yet.

Actually we do have some info about a "real" second trailer, it will have a run time of 2:12, got a PG rating and was classified on January 27. Know how we found out about it? The OP told us that when he created this thread. :trolleye:

Etsyturtle2
02-22-2016, 07:02 PM
Actually we do have some info about a "real" second trailer, it will have a run time of 2:12, got a PG rating and was classified on January 27. Know how we found out about it? The OP told us that when he created this thread. :trolleye:

Exactly. This.

Powder
02-22-2016, 08:16 PM
Oops. Powder made a boo-boo. Never do drugs, kids.

DioLeo451
02-23-2016, 11:39 AM
Where's that new trailer ''We Hungry''