PDA

View Full Version : Official TMNT: Out of the Shadows Trailer #2 Discussion

TigerClaw
01-28-2016, 11:08 AM
With the 2nd trailer for TMNT: Out Of The Shadows being classified, We can expect the new trailer out really soon, So we'll use this thread to discuss everything that is shown in the new trailer.

thundermaster612
01-31-2016, 07:22 AM
I think we'll see some of Krang and the Technodrome (built) considering all the media regarding their appearances

Mew
01-31-2016, 08:14 AM
I think we'll see some of Krang and the Technodrome (built) considering all the media regarding their appearances

Even though we know his design, I want him to be saved for the actual movie.

Etsyturtle2
01-31-2016, 08:17 AM
I wanna have kraang voice over the trailer. That'd be kinda funny, especially if he has the krang voice. Maybe show more of the drome pieces linking closer together.

Shark_Blade
01-31-2016, 08:28 AM
I don't expect Kraang's voice will be like OT but it's still thrilling to take a guess what it'd be like. :D

Etsyturtle2
01-31-2016, 08:51 AM
I wonder if they will go with a nickelodeon style kraang voice.

Commenter 42
01-31-2016, 09:03 AM
http://poiuty.ru/img/5288a8ac8edd32b831e8d252b804.png

snooz
02-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Short teaser clip of the Super Bowl TV spot

https://twitter.com/TMNTMovie/status/695306198577344516

sethmartin
02-04-2016, 01:53 PM
Short teaser clip of the Super Bowl TV spot

https://twitter.com/TMNTMovie/status/695306198577344516

Doesn't really show anything but at least it confirms that we may see some additional shots not included in the first trailer.

TigerClaw
02-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Doesn't really show anything but at least it confirms that we may see some additional shots not included in the first trailer.
Yeah, maybe we will see the Technodrome.

Etsyturtle2
02-04-2016, 02:50 PM
http://poiuty.ru/img/5288a8ac8edd32b831e8d252b804.png

what is that

Commenter 42
02-04-2016, 03:20 PM
threads....too many threads at once.

TheSkeletonMan939
02-04-2016, 03:38 PM

They're not going to spend a million dollars creating a Super Bowl spot if it just has the same shots anyone can see online in the longer trailer.

TigerClaw
02-04-2016, 03:52 PM
these Superbowl Spots always have the money shot, I wonder what's it gonna be.

TheSkeletonMan939
02-04-2016, 04:06 PM
these Superbowl Spots always have the money shot, I wonder what's it gonna be.

Probably a shot of Megan Fox's tits or something similar.

Leolead
02-04-2016, 04:13 PM

:eyemouth:

IndigoErth
02-04-2016, 04:15 PM
Well they no doubt have to get their money's worth on the rental of that Catholic schoolgirl outfit...

:trolleye:

graphic_content
02-04-2016, 04:22 PM
Well they no doubt have to get their money's worth on the rental of that Catholic schoolgirl outfit...

:trolleye:

funny enough when Megan was asked about this in an interview - she said that it was Michael Bay's idea. (kinda reminded me of the last time she threw him under the bus for his ideas on filmmaking, :lol: and we all know what happened there)

if true, thats so freaking sad to me, that this man consistently resorts to that type of blatant sexuality. and more than that...the idiot pre-teens who flock to a movie because of it.

sethmartin
02-04-2016, 04:25 PM

I'm down for that.

Etsyturtle2
02-04-2016, 04:29 PM
What is she wearing in the new teaser? When she says "what is that". I don't see anything. Not even a bra or tank top strap.

TheSkeletonMan939
02-04-2016, 05:06 PM
What is she wearing in the new teaser? When she says "what is that". I don't see anything. Not even a bra or tank top strap.

I don't know, man! You'd better see the movie just to see if she's topless or not!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-04-2016, 05:26 PM
PG-13 topless scene confirmed. :trolleye:

DarkLightDragon
02-04-2016, 05:27 PM
PG-13 topless scene confirmed. :trolleye:

Perfect for the kiddies, amirite?:lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Perfect for the kiddies, amirite?:lol:

Hundreds of dads on the way home whispering, "This is our little secret, mkay?"

samxsteal
02-04-2016, 07:49 PM
Hundreds of dads on the way home whispering, "This is our little secret, mkay?"

I mean really thought April was always a sex symbol in many ways lol.

I remember my parents telling me April was my babe lol for forever lol

Leolead
02-04-2016, 08:54 PM
I mean really thought April was always a sex symbol in many ways lol.

I remember my parents telling me April was my babe lol for forever lol
Damn, you had awesome parents.

chrisdude
02-04-2016, 09:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/iMa5sHi.jpg

Straps.

Etsyturtle2
02-05-2016, 04:25 AM
Hidden under hair. I just see a little piece of one sticking behind her hair. It was difficult to notice while watching trailer.

Amaranthus
02-05-2016, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the boner, guys!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-05-2016, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the boner, guys!

You read Leo's post on her agape mouth, didn't you? :tlol:

Amaranthus
02-05-2016, 10:12 AM
You read Leo's post on her agape mouth, didn't you? :tlol:

I thought agape meant love or something.
It does in Dutch.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-05-2016, 10:24 AM
I thought agape meant love or something.
It does in Dutch.

Agape (pronounced a-gape) the adverb means mouth wide open.

Agape (pronounced ah-gap-ee) the noun is Greek for all-encompassing love, usually a Biblical reference or concept.

Shark_Blade
02-05-2016, 04:13 PM
Gosh Megan Fox is stunning. :tlove:

Machias Banshee
02-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Knock it off with the squabbling and name-calling. Nobody wants to read posts about "Gee, what is the guy I blocked saying? Must be stupid..."

Give it a rest and stay on topic.

Ceres
02-07-2016, 04:09 PM
I hope we get a little look at Krang at least. And hopefully he won't have to speak that much. I could not take it when he would talk like these idiotic Nick Abominations of brains.

Danetello
02-07-2016, 05:41 PM
Man!! The Technodrome!! Krang!!

TheSkeletonMan939
02-07-2016, 05:42 PM
Wow. After seeing that TV spot, this movie looks like it might suck more than the last one.

Leo656
02-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Yeah, it's pretty bad.

TurtleTitan97
02-07-2016, 05:45 PM
Raph should have cracked that airplane windshield open when he hit it.

MsMarvelDuckie
02-07-2016, 05:48 PM
These turtles might be mutant teenagers, but apparently they firgot they were supposed to be ninjas.

Raph's Girl
KRANG!!! KRANG!!! KRANG!!! :o

5VpUTb3Ex_8

syk_skillz
Hype lowered from the Superbowl spot. Focused way to much on bad comedy.....cool we saw Krang and the technodrome tho

TheSkeletonMan939
02-07-2016, 05:53 PM

I think he should have lost his entire face when he hit it. Why spend millions of dollars making your turtles look realistic if you're just gonna do Looney Tunes stuff like that?

Leo656
02-07-2016, 05:54 PM

At best. If not smeared like a bug from the impact, or some combination of both. Instead we get more Tex Avery bullsh*t, with Raph's tongue hanging out like a cartoon bug. "These are the jokes, folks." :roll: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this movie, man. ENOUGH with Fred Wolf already. GOD.

I think he should have lost his entire face when he hit it. Why spend millions of dollars making your turtles look realistic if you're just gonna do Looney Tunes stuff like that?

F***in' A.

These turtles might be mutant teenagers, but apparently they firgot they were supposed to be ninjas.

Apparently that's the least-important thing. The MOST important thing is piss-poor attempts at humor, wrapped in a thick Nostalgia Blanket. Who knew?

No, really, this is some bullsh*t.

TrickOrTreater
02-07-2016, 05:59 PM

Because at this point they're DARING people to spend money to see this crap.

They've discovered they can do literally anything they want as long as they tickle the fan's pickle JUST ENOUGH with beloved characters included.

Bry
02-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Wow. After seeing that TV spot, this movie looks like it might suck more than the last one.

THANK YOU.

I seriously don't understand how some people are so blinded by cheap fan-service. This looks just amazingly stupid. Even dumber than the last one, which was so dumb I couldn't even believe it.

But who cares, right? KRANG KRANG KRANG!!! Gotta get that nostalgia fix, the well-being of the property be damned.

Raph should have been a splatter of goo. That plane would have been flying at about 500 miles per hour.

Agreed, except these Turtles don't look "realistic" at all. They look like cartoons pasted into live-action footage. They look about as "realistic" as the Toons in Roger Rabbit compared to the world they supposedly live in.

MrTMNT2012
02-07-2016, 06:09 PM
This movie looks f##king gorgeous! :D Everything was on-point except that shot of Rocksteady tearing through sh!t looking weird...

Danetello
02-07-2016, 06:13 PM
This movie looks f##king gorgeous! :D Everything was on-point except that shot of Rocksteady tearing through sh!t looking weird...

I'm glad I'm not the only one here who actually thinks it looks really cool!

TheSkeletonMan939
02-07-2016, 06:14 PM
Agreed, except these Turtles don't look "realistic" at all. They look like cartoons pasted into live-action footage. They look about as "realistic" as the Toons in Roger Rabbit.

You know what I mean. An incredible amount of time, effort, and money is being put into the models, design, lighting, textures, facial expressions of these characters, even if they do look a bit like ass in the end.
Then they take that hard work and just go, "huh huh make him hit thuh airplane" and it negates everything they've worked to build. Even Fast Forward wasn't this desperate for laughs.

Autbot_Benz
02-07-2016, 06:15 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one here who actually think it looks really cool!

I liked it too This one looks 10x better than the first one

sethmartin
02-07-2016, 06:17 PM
I think it looks fun!!!

TheSkeletonMan939
02-07-2016, 06:18 PM
Is Casey Jones escaping on roller skates from Rocksteady?

MY GOD.

Leo656
02-07-2016, 06:18 PM
You know what I mean. An incredible amount of time, effort, and money is being put into the models, design, lighting, textures, facial expressions of these characters, even if they do look a bit like ass in the end.
Then they take that hard work and just go, "huh huh make him hit thuh airplane" and it negates everything they've worked to build. Even Fast Forward wasn't this desperate for laughs.

Oh, yes they do. Pitiful CGI is pitiful.

Despite some people's insistence over the last few weeks, Rocksteady for example looks no less Xbox-y than he did in the other trailers. Granted they could be using the same exact "old" footage while they're holding onto the polished newer stuff, but still, you'd think they'd wanna put their best foot forward in every respect on this.

In a movie with THAT much CGI, the badness of it is irritatingly noticeable, and at least SOME of it has to go to the fact that all the CGI characters are unnecessarily gigantic.

Some people will just accept anything.

TrickOrTreater
02-07-2016, 06:20 PM
Is Casey Jones escaping on roller skates from Rocksteady?

MY GOD.

True garbage.

Oh, yes they do. Pitiful CGI is pitiful.

Despite some people's insistence over the last few weeks, Rocksteady for example looks no less Xbox-y than he did in the other trailers. Granted they could be using the same exact "old" footage while they're holding onto the polished newer stuff, but still, you'd think they'd wanna put their best foot forward in every respect on this.

In a movie with THAT much CGI, the badness of it is irritatingly noticeable, and at least SOME of it has to go to the fact that all the CGI characters are unnecessarily gigantic.

Some people will just accept anything.

It'll never not be fascinating to see that play out in real time.

TheSkeletonMan939
02-07-2016, 06:21 PM
you'd think they'd wanna put their best foot forward in every respect on this.

They did. In the new TV spot:

- Mikey being a retard
- Megan Fox looks suspiciously topless
- Obligatory Casey Jones shot
- Obligatory Rocksteady shot
- Obligatory Shredder shot
- Projectile hitting the camera
- Annoying, hip music in the background
- Silly Raphael moment!
- Technodrome
- Loads of soulless CGI

Sadly, this all represents their 'best foot'.

Bry
02-07-2016, 06:22 PM

Oh, I do. I completely agree. I just figured I could knock how cartoony the CGI looked at the same time. :tlol:

Leo656
02-07-2016, 06:26 PM
They did. In the new TV spot:

- Mikey being a retard
- Megan Fox looks suspiciously topless
- Obligatory Casey Jones shot
- Obligatory Rocksteady shot
- Obligatory Shredder shot
- Projectile hitting the camera
- Annoying, hip music in the background
- Silly Raphael moment!
- Technodrome
- Loads of soulless CGI

Sadly, this all represents their 'best foot'.

To be fair... I will always mark out for "No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn". I'm not made of stone.

samxsteal
02-07-2016, 07:13 PM
I loved this trailer krang looks so cool. It look funny and fun. I can't wait.
I'm glad I'm not the only one here who actually thinks it looks really cool!
Oh. Your not there are tons of people who,are don't let these forums fool you. Not everyone feels the way some users on here seem to think, they do.
I liked it too This one looks 10x better than the first one
Yup can't wait
I think it looks fun!!!
Seriously lol

Mew
02-07-2016, 07:50 PM
It was awesomeness! (^-^)

sethmartin
02-07-2016, 07:55 PM
To be fair... I will always mark out for "No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn". I'm not made of stone.

Yes. I do not agree that "No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn counts as "annoying hip music". It's a classic 80's jam which is clearly the audience this film is trying to market to. I also disagree that Megan Fox appearing topless is a bad thing. Crappy actress, yes, but she's hot :lol:

TheSkeletonMan939
02-07-2016, 07:56 PM
It's a classic 80's jam which is clearly the audience this film is trying to market to.

Oh. :toops: I don't really listen to 'real' music - just film scores - so I'm kinda outta the loop, lol.

sethmartin
02-07-2016, 07:58 PM
Oh. :toops: I don't really listen to 'real' music - just film scores - so I'm kinda outta the loop, lol.

It's all good! :lol: Speaking of film scores, I hope that the score of this film is better than the last one...jeez that was bad.

d_osborn
02-07-2016, 08:21 PM
Say what you will about PD TMNT, but the Run DMC in the marketing has been fun. You have to give them that. It's better than Juicy J and Wiz Khalifa. :lol:

King Kahn
02-07-2016, 08:22 PM
Krang looks like Christopher Lloyd... GREAT SCOTT!!!! lol

Autbot_Benz
02-07-2016, 08:24 PM
It's all good! :lol: Speaking of film scores, I hope that the score of this film is better than the last one...jeez that was bad.

It should be better we have Steve Jablonsky who did the Transformers movies instead of Discount composer Brian Tyler.

samxsteal
02-07-2016, 08:35 PM
It should be better we have Steve Jablonsky who did the Transformers movies instead of Discount composer Brian Tyler.

I was going to say and if the transformers have on thing going for them it's there scores they are fantastic

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-07-2016, 09:55 PM
All that CGI to make Krang look arguably badass and then they waste all the money and time on Raph Faceplant Looney Toons bullsh!t?

I can't believe this; they actually did something worse than I could have ever predicted... truly, Michael Bay and Platinum Dunes have no standards except pleasing braindead manchildren with more money than taste.

Leo656
02-07-2016, 09:58 PM
I enjoy your company.

That sh*t with Raph going splat and the standing on an airplane bit and the f*cking van with nunchuck arms and the guys jumping out of the way of a firing tank shell...

This sh*t is insane. It's lunacy. It's f*cking idiocy.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-07-2016, 10:09 PM
I enjoy your company.

That sh*t with Raph going splat and the standing on an airplane bit and the f*cking van with nunchuck arms and the guys jumping out of the way of a firing tank shell...

I really feel stupid for not predicting Michael Bay would pull one of those stupid Playmates Flush-O-Matic Torture vehicle sets into an actual damn movie. A Turtle van with frakking giant nunchukas controlled by Mikey inside the van. THAT one I can kinda believe, 'cause Fred Wolf is bullsh!t.

But that Raph-splatter on a windshield... I'm honestly in shock that Bay will pull anything so blatantly stupid in one of his movies. Holy carp. Yes, I did specifically write "carp." Not a typo.

TheSkeletonMan939
02-08-2016, 01:16 PM

That's Brian Tyler's style. You know how some people make more with less? He does the opposite, and makes less with more. Somehow this guy scores big hits like multiple MCU films, Fast & Furious, Expendables, TMNT, but the majority of his music is just so boring. All the instruments are there, but they don't have any real energy behind them, y' know? Interestingly, I've heard that his score for the Lego Universe - for which I am sure he was given a much smaller budget to work with than usual - is really good, not like his other stuff at all. Go figure. :ohwell:

Steve Jablonsky is the composer for this film, and he's worked with Bay before on the Transformers films. Never seen the films nor heard the score, but I hear they're enjoyable. Maybe we'll get something special.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-08-2016, 01:22 PM
That's Brian Tyler's style. You know how some people make more with less? He does the opposite, and makes less with more. Somehow this guy scores big hits like multiple MCU films, Fast & Furious, Expendables, TMNT, but the majority of his music is just so boring. All the instruments are there, but they don't have any real energy behind them, y' know? Interestingly, I've heard that his score for the Lego Universe - for which I am sure he was given a much smaller budget to work with than usual - is really good, not like his other stuff at all. Go figure. :ohwell:

Steve Jablonsky is the composer for this film, and he's worked with Bay before on the Transformers films. Never seen the films nor heard the score, but I hear they're enjoyable. Maybe we'll get something special.

Jablonsky is actually pretty good. He's worth a listen.

ZariusTwo
02-08-2016, 01:48 PM
Krang looks like Christopher Lloyd... GREAT SCOTT!!!! lol

When this baby hits the Turtles with his swinging arms, you ain't seeing some serious s*it:D

I enjoy your company.

I was on the pretty smarky FAN forums and checked the TMNT thread...they loved it.

There, I just made you hate your audience even more, now go forth and heel on 'em

aliena
02-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Wow, it looks like they went completely cartoon with this one. What are they thinking? Totally insane and I'm pretty easy going about things. One thing I noticed was that Donnie has Nick Donnie's little egg beater mutagen detector on his belt. That is the best thing I got from it.

DioLeo451
02-08-2016, 08:03 PM
Say what you will about PD TMNT, but the Run DMC in the marketing has been fun. You have to give them that. It's better than Juicy J and Wiz Khalifa. :lol:
True Dat wonder what other licensed music will show up?

Leo656
02-08-2016, 08:19 PM
When this baby hits the Turtles with his swinging arms, you ain't seeing some serious s*it:D

I was on the pretty smarky FAN forums and checked the TMNT thread...they loved it.

There, I just made you hate your audience even more, now go forth and heel on 'em

I know, every single quote on FB and yahoo and everywhere is all gushy. I hate people.

Most common comment is some variation of, "The last one was trash, and this looks pretty bad, but I DON'T CARE IF IT'S BAD, I LOVE IT!"

You don't care if it's bad. Okay. That means you have bad taste. You just said so. "Nuh UH! There's no Good and Bad, there's just OPINIONS, man!" No, you just said you'll like something because it hits your Nostalgia Button, and that you're going to love it even though you already kind of recognize that it's BAD. That means you have bad taste and no standards! Maybe you didn't put it in those words but that's entirely what you just said!

Not even gonna touch all the comments like, "Well, I wasn't gonna see it but Krang and them are in it so I HAVE to!" Really. You HAVE to. No free will, then? I wonder how many of these f***ing cretins smoke crack, since they're compelled to part with their income to watch a bad adaptation of a sh*tty cartoon they watched when they were 6. Clearly they have an addictive personality and struggle with making poor decisions. Jesus.

Casey
02-08-2016, 08:52 PM
I think the majority of the CGI looks WAY better than the first film! Except for Kraang's appearance in the fishbowl. That looked like a cartoon. But still! At least it's looking better!?

graphic_content
02-12-2016, 09:57 AM

That song was so stupid. I realize that its hard to rap about Turtles who are Ninja in a way that can be taken seriously, but that song did not need to be made...at all. It was garbage.

sethmartin
02-12-2016, 12:39 PM
That song was so stupid. I realize that its hard to rap about Turtles who are Ninja in a way that can be taken seriously, but that song did not need to be made...at all. It was garbage.

That song is a classic from the 80s. It wasn't made about Ninja Turtles. The version in the trailer is a remix but the lyrics were not changed

Bry
02-12-2016, 12:48 PM
That song is a classic from the 80s. It wasn't made about Ninja Turtles. The version in the trailer is a remix but the lyrics were not changed

I think that comment was referring to the audio war crime that was "Shell Shocked". :trazz:

Amaranthus
02-12-2016, 12:50 PM
Krang looks fake as sh*t. Even faker than the turtles.
Just saying.

IndigoErth
02-12-2016, 06:09 PM
Today's typical rap just can't handle it, I guess. :ohwell: Making a typical, overdone, heard it all before rap song and just throwing some vague keywords in there was so... empty and incredibly superficial.

Even if the part about the pizza in Pentatonix's little song was silly, it was still good spirited and other lyrics were written as if it were in the voice of the Turtles, which I particularly appreciated and made it worlds better than that rap song. Even if that kind of music isn't everyone's cup of tea, the perspective it took is still at least far better.

TigerClaw
02-12-2016, 06:20 PM
Today's typical rap just can't handle it, I guess. :ohwell: Making a typical, overdone, heard it all before rap song and just throwing some vague keywords in there was so... empty and incredibly superficial.

Even if the part about the pizza in Pentatonix's little song was silly, it was still good spirited and other lyrics were written as if it were in the voice of the Turtles, which I particularly appreciated and made it worlds better than that rap song. Even if that kind of music isn't everyone's cup of tea, the perspective it took is still at least far better.
I'm not into Rap, but would like to hear EDM done for TMNT 2.

sethmartin
02-12-2016, 06:46 PM
As far as TMNT raps go, T.U.R.T.L.E. Power is the best. Even though they do credit Raph as the leader of the group.

Etsyturtle2
02-12-2016, 06:47 PM
It's tricky to rock a rhyme.