PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me comics

Amaranthus
02-08-2016, 12:22 PM
I'll try to go to the comic book store for the first time in quite a while.
Only comic book I read now is Deadpool, they sadly don't sell Samurai Jack or TMNT IDW there (oddly enough), but I'd like to read some other comics too (not too much, they're not exactly cheap).
I was thinking Batman, but if you guys have other suggestions, let me know.
Pls don't lock, kthxbai.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-08-2016, 12:26 PM
Rat Queens
Chew
Ghostbusters
Batman (Scott Snyder)

Amaranthus
02-08-2016, 12:31 PM
I meant ongoing series. I always read the most recent comics. So I won't revisit older ones (cuz I suck).

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-08-2016, 12:34 PM
I meant ongoing series. I always read the most recent comics. So I won't revisit older ones (cuz I suck).

All ongoing. And yes, if you're not willing to read previous issues in the storylines, you do indeed suck.

Amaranthus
02-08-2016, 12:36 PM
All ongoing. And yes, if you're not willing to read previous issues in the storylines, you do indeed suck.

You're making it really hard for me to believe you're a good dad.
Pls stahp teh bulliez.

Zak The Neutrino
02-08-2016, 12:37 PM
Star Wars
Vader
Star Wars Kanan the last Padawan
Walking Dead
Usagi Yojimbo

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-08-2016, 12:38 PM
You're making it really hard for me to believe you're a good dad.
Pls stahp teh bulliez.

My kids are already running a homework forgery and answer key smuggling ring in their homeroom. I'm so proud of them.

myconius
02-08-2016, 01:42 PM
i'm assuming you are already reading IDW's Tmnt series?

not sure if you are a Batman fan or not? but DC is about ready to relaunch all their comic series very soon with new #1's.

Batman will be written by a very talented author named Tom King

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/02/dc-comics-rebirth-tom-king-is-the-new-batman-bi-weekly-writer/

and current Batman writer Scott Snyder will be going back as the writer of Detective Comics.

out of any of their comics, those will be the ones i'll be reading as well as what ever title Dick Grayson/Nightwing will be featured in.

The Walking Dead is also excellent! but you will probably want to start at the beginning to get the most out of it?
they have Walking Dead Compendiums that cluster about 48 (or so?) issues in one TPB. and you can breeze right through them!

Amaranthus
02-08-2016, 01:52 PM
i'm assuming you are already reading IDW's Tmnt series?

Read the first post. Sadly not.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-08-2016, 01:54 PM

We can no longer be friends, allies, or even coexist on the same planet. Please relocate yourself to Luna immediately.

myconius
02-08-2016, 01:54 PM

read??? what is this 'read' word people keep telling me about??? :P

ok then! IDW TMNT!!! if you are reading ANY ONE comic .. it NEEDS to be THIS!!!! :D

Amaranthus
02-08-2016, 01:57 PM
We can no longer be friends, allies, or even coexist on the same planet. Please relocate yourself to Luna immediately.

It's not my fault, dipsh*t. <3

read??? what is this 'read' word people keep telling me about??? :P

ok then! IDW TMNT!!! if you are reading ANY ONE comic .. it NEEDS to be THIS!!!! :D

I e-mailed the comic book store about it again, but I'm pretty sure they won't have them. :tsad:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-08-2016, 01:58 PM
It's not my fault, dipsh*t. <3

If you loved your pet rock, you'd find a way.

Love will always find a way. :twink:

Seriously, though, you can't get them digitally?

CyberCubed
02-08-2016, 01:59 PM
I don't think IDW has the rights to release TMNT comics in his country.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-08-2016, 02:02 PM
I don't think IDW has the rights to release TMNT comics in his country.

DANG. That sucks.

Amaranthus
02-08-2016, 02:07 PM
DANG. That sucks.

If only Cubed posted that before I e-mailed the comic book store.
*Facepalm*

myconius
02-08-2016, 03:12 PM
i know you more than likely want physical copies?
but now is the PERFECT time to take advantage of this deal that IDW has with the Tmnt digital bundle
>>> https://www.comixology.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles/bundle/1202 <<<

the bundle cost $49.99 for 21 Tmnt digital books (about 4 issues collected in each)

it's only missing vol.13 >>> https://www.comixology.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Vol-13-Vengeance-Part-2/digital-comic/333920
which is also currently on sale for $3.99

and also Tmnt/Ghostbusters >>> https://www.comixology.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Ghostbusters/digital-comic/217617
which isn't on sale, but goes for $7.99.

i but them in physical book as was as digital. the digital is really awesome with the 'guided view' mode!!! :D

Redeemer
02-08-2016, 03:21 PM
i know you more than likely want physical copies?
but now is the PERFECT time to take advantage of this deal that IDW has with the Tmnt digital bundle
>>> https://www.comixology.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles/bundle/1202 <<<

the bundle cost $49.99 for 21 Tmnt digital books (about 4 issues collected in each)

it's only missing vol.13 >>> https://www.comixology.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Vol-13-Vengeance-Part-2/digital-comic/333920
which is also currently on sale for $3.99

and also Tmnt/Ghostbusters >>> https://www.comixology.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Ghostbusters/digital-comic/217617
which isn't on sale, but goes for $7.99.

i but them in physical book as was as digital. the digital is really awesome with the 'guided view' mode!!! :D

Completely agree the guided view mode is the only reason I can read digital comics.

Mew
02-08-2016, 03:25 PM
Scud: The Disposable Assassin

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-08-2016, 03:25 PM
Am,

Can't you order the physical TPBs off Amazon?

ToTheNines
02-08-2016, 03:35 PM
Marvel has a Poe Dameron ongoing starting in April, I bet you'd dig it.

Krutch
02-08-2016, 07:13 PM
You should consider digging into one off TPBs. There's some really good stories out there that's only 6 issues you'd be missing out on with only going ongoing series.

Just my worthless two cents :P

Powder
02-08-2016, 07:16 PM
Usagi Yojimbo!

Amaranthus
02-09-2016, 04:15 AM
Am,

Can't you order the physical TPBs off Amazon?

What are TPBs (I'm an idiot)?
I'll definitely buy Batman, and I'll try to check out some Star Wars series.

Leo656
02-09-2016, 05:03 AM
Trade Paperbacks. Collected Editions. "Big softcover books made up of smaller books." You know. :)

Amaranthus
02-11-2016, 09:03 AM
Comic book store said I can choose between TMNT Ongoing, TMNT Classics and TMNT Adventures.
Is Ongoing the main series? Because that's what I want to read.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-11-2016, 09:12 AM
Comic book store said I can choose between TMNT Ongoing, TMNT Classics and TMNT Adventures.
Is Ongoing the main series? Because that's what I want to read.

Ongoing. Absolutely.

MsMarvelDuckie
02-11-2016, 09:25 AM
TMNT ingoing is definitely one to read. My fave comic of late. I will also throw in a recommendation for Usagi Yojimbo.

chrisdude
02-13-2016, 07:28 AM
Low. Everyone should be reading Low. It's only 10 issues in, so that's not too bad.

Yoshimickster
02-21-2016, 04:25 PM
Okay we've covered TPBs, here are two series I REALLY recommend if you can stand filthy language, gore, and death:

Preacher: During his spite filled sermon, priest Jesse Custer becomes posessed by "Genesis" the unborn child of a demon and an angel. This barely conscious being gives him the ability known as "The word of god" where if someone can understand what he says they HAVE to do it, if he says die-YOU DIE! His potential power is SO great...that it causes GOD to quit, WHO after realizing that there is someone to actually BLAME for his terrible life, Jesse goes on a one man REVENGE story against the creator of existence.

Fables: Hundreds of years ago, a dark being known as the "Adversary" took over the land of fairy tails. The denizens of these worlds were forced to our world, the world of the mundane as they call it, working on fitting in with our world while also fighting back against "The Adversary". ALSO-the Big Bad Wolf is a sheriff who renamed himself "Bigby Wolf" and he is SUPER bad-ass!

Saga: Two desserters of two warring planets get married and have a beautiful baby girl, and are constantly on the run from those that see them as traitors. ALso

And now for the lighter stuff:

Usagi Yojimbo: If your on here and don't know what that is...you have missed very specific episodes of TMNT.

Scott Pilgrim: In order to continue dating his latest paramour Ramona Flowers, he has to fight and defeat her seven EVIL exes, in crazy shonen style fashion!

"Batman:The Killing Joke": The original colored version, NOT the updated version that looks terrible. One of the best Batman and Joker stories of ALL time.

Allstar Superman: ITS AMAZING-read it. Everything good about Superman is in it, and he doesn't complain about having powers ONCE!

New Teen Titans(ironically from about thirty years ago): FINALLY DC put these in trades, great characters, GLORIOUS eighties style coloring(the invention of the computer KILLED coloring in comics) and...no that's it, its a good series.

Animal Man: Get ready to get your mind BLOWN by this, starts as a B-list superhero trying to make his comeback but gets distracted by his own status in reality as well his new environmental beliefs. Grant Morrison is GOD!

Really, these are all GREAT series that I reccomend.

This has been a Mick the nerd recommendation.