PDA

View Full Version : I want to see the 2K3 series.

Cyndaquilfan123
02-12-2016, 10:06 PM
How should I go about watching it?

Powder
02-12-2016, 10:36 PM
Several seasons are on itunes.

CyberCubed
02-12-2016, 10:36 PM
Last time I checked all the episodes were uploaded to youtube. I have no idea if they've been taken down or not, that was a while ago. Look online for an episode list, and then just type the episode name somewhere online to watch a streaming version of it.

The DVDs are all messed up and completely out of order so don't bother with them. The first 3-4 seasons I think are also uploaded to itunes if you want to pay for it.

Shark_Blade
02-12-2016, 11:31 PM
Pray to God and you'll find a way.

Technogeek29
02-13-2016, 01:15 AM
youtube a guy name TMNTUploader

Here this is the entire series minus Turtles Forever but that's easy to find anywhere.

CyberCubed
02-13-2016, 01:23 AM
As said, just type in the episode names on youtube.

Seriously, the show is so easy to find anyone can do it.

ABrown
02-13-2016, 08:27 AM
2 best options:

1. Purchase the episodes on ITunes or Amazon.

2. Watch the episodes for free on Nick Toons when they air.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-13-2016, 10:27 AM
YouTube.

How many times are people gonna ask where to see to this series? Does no one ever try looking up episodes of old shows on YouTube anymore?

Prowler
02-13-2016, 11:53 AM
YouTube.

How many times are people gonna ask where to see to this series? Does no one ever try looking up episodes of old shows on YouTube anymore?
Haha I know right?

While it is a whole hell of a lot harder to find complete cartoons and anime on youtube nowadays than it was back in 2007(it was a gold mine for classic cartoons and anime back then), shows like the FW series and the 4Kids series are still fully uploaded there and haven't been taken down yet.

CyberCubed
02-13-2016, 12:11 PM
I honestly wonder why Viacom hasn't pulled the 2k3 series down from youtube, especially now that they're selling the show on itunes.

Prowler
02-13-2016, 12:14 PM
I honestly wonder why Viacom hasn't pulled the 2k3 series down from youtube, especially now that they're selling the show on itunes.
I've had Americans telling me before that they can't view any video related to the FW wolf series on youtube since it always say it's blocked in their country. Does the same happen to you? Dunno if they have the same issue with the 4Kids series.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-13-2016, 01:22 PM

Conspiracy theory time: they know 4Kids TMNT fans would lose their S if they couldn't watch the show, and Viacom/Nick just doesn't want to bother releasing decent DVD releases of it.

I've had Americans telling me before that they can't view any video related to the FW wolf series on youtube since it always say it's blocked in their country. Does the same happen to you? Dunno if they have the same issue with the 4Kids series.

I can find and watch any episode of Fred Wolf or 4Kids anytime on YouTube.

CyberCubed
02-13-2016, 01:55 PM
Sometimes I wonder if they leave them up on youtube because its essentially free advertising. Watch a few episodes there, then some would want to purchase the show. That's the only thing I can think of.

Other companies immediately contact youtube to take episodes of their shown down for copyright infringement.

Shred87
02-13-2016, 02:02 PM
Seasons 1-3 on amazon

Redeemer
02-14-2016, 11:48 AM

The OT is actually uploaded on youtube now. Anyone can watch it. I am betting this is bc the final season of the OT has been released for a while not and bc of the nick buy out.

The 4kids series was actually taken down, but someone cleverly broke the major arcs up into so called "movies" but it leaves out a lot of good one shot eps and minor arcs ect...

TheSkeletonMan939
02-14-2016, 11:56 AM
Interestingly, fake widescreeen copies of episodes (just 4:3 stretched out to 16:9) seem to pretty much be the only ones I can find on YT. I guess the automatic ID system can't catch that small detail.

ABrown
02-14-2016, 04:16 PM

Conspiracy theory time: they know 4Kids TMNT fans would lose their S if they couldn't watch the show, and Viacom/Nick just doesn't want to bother releasing decent DVD releases of it.
I can find and watch any episode of Fred Wolf or 4Kids anytime on YouTube.

Sometimes I wonder if they leave them up on youtube because its essentially free advertising. Watch a few episodes there, then some would want to purchase the show. That's the only thing I can think of.
Other companies immediately contact youtube to take episodes of their shown down for copyright infringement.

Nickelodeon could give a shell if the 4Kids series is up on youtube. They don't care about that series, they only care about the original cartoon and their cartoon.

Redeemer
02-14-2016, 07:04 PM
Nickelodeon could give a shell if the 4Kids series is up on youtube. They don't care about that series, they only care about the original cartoon and their cartoon.

lol :lol:

Go look on youtube. There are multiple uploads of the entire OT series on Youtube, but next to none of the 2k3 uploads.

Wonder why??????
BC Nickelodeon has the rights for distribution of the 2k3 series hence why they are starting to sell the series, but LionsGate is still the only company with the rights to sell and distribute the OT series.
Nickelodeon has been a little more stingy on copyright with the 2k3 series than the OT series lately

ABrown
02-14-2016, 08:12 PM
lol :lol:

Go look on youtube. There are multiple uploads of the entire OT series on Youtube, but next to none of the 2k3 uploads.

Wonder why??????
BC Nickelodeon has the rights for distribution of the 2k3 series hence why they are starting to sell the series, but LionsGate is still the only company with the rights to sell and distribute the OT series.
Nickelodeon has been a little more stingy on copyright with the 2k3 series than the OT series lately

Are you joking? Have you read what everyone in this thread has posted? As others have already pointed out, EVERY episode of the 4Kids series can be found easily. And if your arguing that episodes of the original cartoon have been uploaded more than episodes of the 4Kids series, that wouldn't be a surprise to anyone. There's probably a dozen fans of the original cartoon for every fan of the 4Kids series.

xbennoda
02-15-2016, 07:40 AM
YouTube :P

Redeemer
02-16-2016, 08:37 PM
Are you joking? Have you read what everyone in this thread has posted? As others have already pointed out, EVERY episode of the 4Kids series can be found easily. And if your arguing that episodes of the original cartoon have been uploaded more than episodes of the 4Kids series, that wouldn't be a surprise to anyone. There's probably a dozen fans of the original cartoon for every fan of the 4Kids series.

:lol:
settle down bud. I was pointing out the fact a lot of the 2k3 uploads had been taken down in the past year or so. There are still a complete series upload or two, but it not nearly as many 2k3 uploads as there use to be.
You can say what ever you want its just something I personally noticed between now and in the past.

Also the same thing with the OT I was simply making a comparison of the past and present.
The OT used to be non existent online bc of how strict Lions Gate and others were with their copy right.

If you don't believe me ask ANY OF THE OLDER MEMBERS on the technodrome. The technodrome almost got shut down over this very issues of trying to help other members find links or sites to watch the OT. You ever notice the little new hyper link about video sharing on the drome??????:lol:

So before posting again please do your research and stop showing your ignorance thank you :lol:

ABrown
02-17-2016, 08:44 AM
Just don't do the dvd route right now. The original dvds are out of print, and Nickelodeon's releases are not the way to go.

:lol:
settle down bud.

All calm here. Though you appear to be having a giggle fest.

I was pointing out the fact a lot of the 2k3 uploads had been taken down in the past year or so. There are still a complete series upload or two, but it not nearly as many 2k3 uploads as there use to be.
You can say what ever you want its just something I personally noticed between now and in the past.

Also the same thing with the OT I was simply making a comparison of the past and present.
The OT used to be non existent online bc of how strict Lions Gate and others were with their copy right.

If you don't believe me ask ANY OF THE OLDER MEMBERS on the technodrome. The technodrome almost got shut down over this very issues of trying to help other members find links or sites to watch the OT. You ever notice the little new hyper link about video sharing on the drome??????:lol:

I apologize if I misspoke. However, I wasn't comparing the number of uploads of the 4Kids series 7-9 years ago to the number of uploads that there are today. Though, for whatever it's worth, I don't think there's really any less today than there was years ago. Anyway, the point that I was making is that Nickelodeon is far more interested in policing their series than they are the 4Kids series. Look at the number of uploads that there are of the 4Kids series compared to the Nick series.

So before posting again please do your research and stop showing your ignorance thank you :lol:

With all due respect, that's a little rude. I'm trying to have a civil conversation, and we just had a misunderstanding of the points that each other was making.

Shiro Kame
05-07-2016, 11:35 PM
youtube a guy name TMNTUploader

Here this is the entire series minus Turtles Forever but that's easy to find anywhere.

Um...actually...The guy's channel has been terminated for a few years with the episodes gone...Viacom...Always ruining cartoons for EVERYONE.

CyberCubed
05-08-2016, 12:07 AM
The entire 2k3 series is uploaded online on all those streaming cartoon websites. A 5 second google search will bring any of it up.

I really find it bizarre that some people act like this is their first day on the internet or something. Any remotely popular show is online SOMEWHERE.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
05-08-2016, 10:47 AM
I don't get why they are some determined with getting rid of the 2003 show on the internet.

Heck, they give more effort in removing the series from YouTube than they do giving it a full proper release.

Shark_Blade
05-08-2016, 11:02 AM
You know Viacom could monetize the series if they upload it on youtube themselves (if they so bent on terminating the fans' account). Why don't they do that?

2k3 is on itunes but only up to Season 3? Huh? Why?? :o

neatoman
05-08-2016, 11:50 AM
You know Viacom could monetize the series if they upload it on youtube themselves (if they so bent on terminating the fans' account). Why don't they do that?

2k3 is on itunes but only up to Season 3? Huh? Why?? :o

I guess they could be worried about ad blockers.

Ninjinister
05-09-2016, 11:26 PM
Stop encouraging piracy goddammit

GK Punk
05-09-2016, 11:35 PM
Please don't post links to episode streams or download. We can get in trouble for that.

Shark_Blade
05-10-2016, 03:17 AM
Stop encouraging piracy goddammit

This. Where the heck are Season 4-7? Why not on itunes at all??

sdp
05-11-2016, 01:01 PM
When a show is not available legally through any means besides maybe a couple of episodes it's perfectly fine to go for it, I understand not posting links here but thanks to "piracy" many things have been able to been preserved.

Why doesn't viacom put it on Youtube? From my understanding the earnings the videos would make are so low that they aren't worth their time. Lucasfilms for example is very well aware all of the 2D clonewars series is there and just doesn't care since they're have no plans to sell it.

Foombamaroom
05-18-2016, 10:22 PM
When a show is not available legally through any means besides maybe a couple of episodes it's perfectly fine to go for it, I understand not posting links here but thanks to "piracy" many things have been able to been preserved.

Why doesn't viacom put it on Youtube? From my understanding the earnings the videos would make are so low that they aren't worth their time. Lucasfilms for example is very well aware all of the 2D clonewars series is there and just doesn't care since they're have no plans to sell it.

They probably think that no one cares for the series. 2003 was easily the best series, but it's undoubtably the one that got forgotten.

wpugh2424
07-07-2016, 09:06 PM
They have some seasons on Amazon video

wpugh2424
07-08-2016, 06:11 AM
On amazon I just looked
It appears they have three seasons but the reviews state they are constantly leaving out an episode here or there and then adding them later
I am bout to start this series again and may start here with Amazon

NYShell
07-17-2016, 10:16 PM
How should I go about watching it?

It's on KissCartoon

Netkeeper
07-21-2016, 11:11 AM
Guys, I've been rewatching it on Youtube with no problems. And this was recent, like, a few days ago. All I did was search tmnt 2003 and the first thing that came up was a playlist.

Nortock Diab
09-06-2016, 05:55 AM
I was able to watch the first season in French on Youtube.
Yet I found it pretty long with some episodes I considered useless to the main plot (for instance episode 9 "Garbageman").

Do you know guys if there is a list of "must-watch" episodes of the 2k3 show?
This list would exclude stand-alone episodes that do not tie into the main story-line and are never referred to in the show.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-06-2016, 06:56 AM
Episodes to skip:
S1:
"Garbageman"
S2:
"Reflections"
"Junklantis"
"The Golden Puck"
S3:
"The Christmas Aliens"
"The Entity Below"

My memory of the series gets fuzzy by season 4. Note that just because, from a story arc perspective, these episodes are expendable, that does not mean they aren't worth watching at some point.

CyberCubed
09-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Episodes to skip:
S1:
"Garbageman"
S2:
"Reflections"
"Junklantis"
"The Golden Puck"
S3:
"The Christmas Aliens"
"The Entity Below"

My memory of the series gets fuzzy by season 4. Note that just because, from a story arc perspective, these episodes are expendable, that does not mean they aren't worth watching at some point.

What on earth? The Christmas episode was quite good. Why would you tell anyone to skip that?

The first Garbageman episode is pretty decent as well, and Golden Puck is harmless. The Entity Below also wraps up the underground subplot.

snake
09-06-2016, 07:34 PM
What on earth? The Christmas episode was quite good. Why would you tell anyone to skip that?

The first Garbageman episode is pretty decent as well, and Golden Puck is harmless. The Entity Below also wraps up the underground subplot.

He's saying it isn't as relevant to the overall plot of 2k3. Skeletonman even said that they're worth watching eventually.

Powder
09-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Episodes to skip:
S1:
"Garbageman"
S2:
"Reflections"
"Junklantis"
"The Golden Puck"
S3:
"The Christmas Aliens"
"The Entity Below"

I agree, omitting these would be beneficial to your viewing experience. There are some others that are totally skippable, but these in particular are actually kinda bad IMO.

ToTheNines
09-06-2016, 07:50 PM
Episodes to skip:
S1:
"Garbageman"
S2:
"Reflections"
"Junklantis"
"The Golden Puck"
S3:
"The Christmas Aliens"
"The Entity Below"

I would disagree with skipping Entity Below. It ties up the Mr. Burns guy, and also does a ton of world building with the lair origin, Atlantis, the fish people, "Bigfoot" and the Avians.

I would also skip the Justice Force episode from season 2, and Trouble With Augie from season 4. Then all of season 5 :lol:

snake
09-06-2016, 08:26 PM
Was anyone else totally bored by notes from the underground? Did that story really need 3 episodes?

myconius
09-06-2016, 08:41 PM
The entire 2k3 series is uploaded online on all those streaming cartoon websites. A 5 second google search will bring any of it up.

I really find it bizarre that some people act like this is their first day on the internet or something. Any remotely popular show is online SOMEWHERE.

the biggest problems with those sites are all the "virus alerts".
especially when they open a ton of pop-ups that spawn more pop-ups.

Powder
09-06-2016, 08:57 PM
Was anyone else totally bored by notes from the underground? Did that story really need 3 episodes?

Yeah, I kinda hate that arc. I think the story behind the turtles' lair is an interesting one, to an extent, but they did such a lame job on it. Should've been one episode, with cooler character design.

CyberCubed
09-06-2016, 09:58 PM

It should have been condensed into a 2-parter, but I didn't mind it.

And I'd still like someone to explain to me what's wrong with the Christmas episode.

ToTheNines
09-07-2016, 04:37 AM

Back in 03 I hated it. It was an excruciating month long gap waiting for the next Foot-themed episode.

But I enjoy it now, mostly. I find the non-Mirage stuff to havethe most rewatch value nowadays.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-07-2016, 06:27 AM

I actually liked that little arc just based on how creepy it is.

Prowler
09-07-2016, 07:48 AM
Notes From underground was OK. Yes, could have been an episode short, but no biggie.

ABrown
09-07-2016, 10:55 AM
I would disagree with skipping Entity Below. It ties up the Mr. Burns guy, and also does a ton of world building with the lair origin, Atlantis, the fish people, "Bigfoot" and the Avians.

Agreed

I would also skip the Justice Force episode from season 2, and Trouble With Augie from season 4. Then all of season 5 :lol:

While I didn't find it to be the most entertaining episode in the world, I think the season two Justice Force helped give the JF a little back story that made their team a little more interesting to me in their future appearances.

Yeah, I kinda hate that arc. I think the story behind the turtles' lair is an interesting one, to an extent, but they did such a lame job on it. Should've been one episode, with cooler character design.

I would've been perfectly find with NFTU having just been one episode.

And I'd still like someone to explain to me what's wrong with the Christmas episode.

Back in 03 I hated it. It was an excruciating month long gap waiting for the next Foot-themed episode.

The Christmas episodes was nice. It wasn't the greatest thing in the world, but I enjoyed it.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Yay, we're discussing 4Kids TMNT!

I always skip the Nano and Garbageman episodes (that "Nightmares Recycled" idea was bizarre... conjoined twins? Did they not learn their lesson with "Insane in the Membrane"?) and the Justice Force episodes.

The Underground episodes are a'ight, but I usually skip those, too. Nothing wrong with them, though, they just take away too much time from the main narratives. Unlike the Garbageman/Nano episodes, which are BAD. :tlol:

"Golden Puck" is terrible, too.

I like "Christmas Aliens" because KLUNK!

And (bracing myself for Cubed) I end the series with "Good Genes." No Ninja Tribunal for me...

CyberCubed
09-07-2016, 11:39 AM
This thread should be locked. Once people start talking about skipping episodes on rewatches then we are done.

The only real eps to skip are junklantis and "Reflections" aside from the 5 minutes of new material since its a clip show.

ToTheNines
09-07-2016, 12:20 PM
Cubed is like a fundamentalist TMNT fan lol. I'm trying to think of someone to compare him to... Jerry Falwell?

While I didn't find it to be the most entertaining episode in the world, I think the season two Justice Force helped give the JF a little back story that made their team a little more interesting to me in their future appearances.

I feel you. I just hate them and basically look away when they pop up in later episodes lol. I don't even completely hate the season 2 one, but the way it ends with the notion that Mikey dreamed it up normally makes it an easy skip for me.

Christmas episodes was nice. It wasn't the greatest thing in the world, but I enjoyed it.

I love the Christmas episode! I meant Notes from the Underground in my post. That being said I normally skip the Christmas Aliens on my series watchthrus. But only because I watch it every Christmas Eve, without fail.

Yay, we're discussing 4Kids TMNT!

I know right?!?

And (bracing myself for Cubed) I end the series with "Good Genes." No Ninja Tribunal for me...

Can't blame you there. You'll find some gems among the wreckage that is Ninja Tribunal/FF/BTTS, but the bad outweighs the good.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-07-2016, 12:28 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't think Ninja Tribunal was a mess? It certainly went wayyy overboard in its mystic elements (transformation into dragons.... wat?) but from what I recall it was largely okay-ish.

ToTheNines
09-07-2016, 12:51 PM
It disappointed the **** out of me. All the intertwining plots leading up to it were brilliantly pulled off and I was so bent out of shape when they skipped it for FF, but it wasn't worth the wait lol.

So many plot holes and dumb stuff. Why does demon shredder look and talk just like Scottie Ray? Why bother with these stupid acolytes? Leo's melodrama over being responsible for destroying the heart of Tengu was wretched. And the dragon transformations took me out of it more than anything. So stupid.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-07-2016, 12:55 PM
It disappointed the **** out of me. All the intertwining plots leading up to it were brilliantly pulled off and I was so bent out of shape when they skipped it for FF, but it wasn't worth the wait lol.

So many plot holes and dumb stuff. Why does demon shredder look and talk just like Scottie Ray? Why bother with these stupid acolytes? Leo's melodrama over being responsible for destroying the heart of Tengu was wretched. And the dragon transformations took me out of it more than anything. So stupid.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Ninja Tribunal was a mess? It certainly went wayyy overboard in its mystic elements (transformation into dragons.... wat?) but from what I recall it was largely okay-ish.

I don't think it's a MESS; I think it's a huge left turn and transformation (much like the Turtles transforming into dragons themselves) that ill-serves what had been realistic grounded TMNT stories in the previous four seasons.

It was TMNT trying to become anime or something, and I hated it.

snake
09-07-2016, 02:45 PM
I would've liked to see Nightmares Recycled just for giving Garbageman SOMETHING to do with the rest of the show.

He feels so out of place. Nano had some real potential as a villain but they never used it fully.

CyberCubed
09-07-2016, 02:50 PM
Ninja Tribunal was fantastic and worked well as a series finale. While obviously the more traditional first four seasons were better, Season 5 wrapped up the entire show nicely. And no, the show doesn't end on "Good Genes" and its absurd to say such a thing.

Yeah the human acolytes were pointless, but other than them the season was fine.

I find it bizarre people talk about skipping episodes or seasons, just makes me sick. You watch the whole show or you don't watch it at all.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-07-2016, 02:51 PM
I would've liked to see Nightmares Recycled just for giving Garbageman SOMETHING to do with the rest of the show.

He feels so out of place. Nano had some real potential as a villain but they never used it fully.

I woulda liked it just for a Don/Raph team-up and more Hun... but Garbageman was just bad. Really really bad.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-07-2016, 03:31 PM
What a trashy character!

CyberCubed
09-07-2016, 03:34 PM
Honestly PL refusing to let the 2k3 writers use old Fred Wolf/Archie/Playmates characters is why they were forced to come up with so many new underwhelming villains like Garbageman, Nano, etc.

Hun and Bishop were really the only two new standout villains they created who weren't Mirage characters, unless you count Ch'rell separately from Shredder.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-07-2016, 03:35 PM
Ninja Tribunal was fantastic and worked well as a series finale. While obviously the more traditional first four seasons were better, Season 5 wrapped up the entire show nicely. And no, the show doesn't end on "Good Genes" and its absurd to say such a thing.

Yeah the human acolytes were pointless, but other than them the season was fine.

I find it bizarre people talk about skipping episodes or seasons, just makes me sick. You watch the whole show or you don't watch it at all.

Blah blah blah. You bore me, Cubed. Come up with new shtick.

What a trashy character!

:tlol: Good one!

CyberCubed
09-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Blah blah blah. You bore me, Cubed. Come up with new shtick.

I don't get why you would not complete a show. Season 5 is no different than IDW's Pantheon storyline.

snake
09-07-2016, 03:44 PM
Honestly PL refusing to let the 2k3 writers use old Fred Wolf/Archie/Playmates characters is why they were forced to come up with so many new underwhelming villains like Garbageman, Nano, etc.

Hun and Bishop were really the only two new standout villains they created who weren't Mirage characters, unless you count Ch'rell separately from Shredder.

Atleast they tried. Sure, not everything stuck, but I'll take new villains and characters over old ones any day.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-07-2016, 03:47 PM

Yeah, but this was a distinctly Mirage TMNT take. Bebop and Rocksteady didn't belong. Null didn't belong. It is what it is.

And if the writers can come up with Hun and Bishop, they could've come up with better single-episode villains. :twink:

I don't get why you would not complete a show. Season 5 is no different than IDW's Pantheon storyline.

We've done this dance before, Cubed. I will do it one last time.

All major story arcs were wrapped up except the issue of Bishop zapping that artifact and freeing the Mystics. I find the season that follows extremely stupid. #notmyTMNT

Why SHOULDN'T I call it quits? A nice easy out.

Let me blow your mind further: I say Arrow ended with Season 3. No plans to ever watch or buy Seasons 4, 5, or however many they trot out.

CyberCubed
09-07-2016, 03:51 PM
Season 5 tapped into the overall story of the 2k3 series. I understand FF and BTTS feeling like unneeded extra seasons or spinoffs (although I'd maintain that FF had a lot of great episodes too), but Ninja Tribunal gave the series its perfect final season.

Seeing everyone like Karai, Hun, Bishop, Baxter, the TMNT and the rest of the cast all united to defeat the true Demon Shredder was amazing

neatoman
09-07-2016, 04:03 PM

Laird himself seems to imply nobody wanted to use those characters anyway.

If you are referring to anyone at 4Kids who was a big fan of Bebop and Rocksteady, I never got that impression. I can't recall anyone agitating for using those characters… which, in my opinion, was a good thing.

http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.se/2015/04/ask-pl-14.html

Regardless, it's probably for the best none of those characters made it into the show. How would they even fit? The bulk of the episodes were adaptations of the Mirage stories and those that weren't stood by the idea that the mutagen didn't get the chance to mutate a lot of characters.

Would the Utroms constantly be clumsy with their transmat waste? Why would there be more after they left earth? Wouldn't the existance of countless mutants mess with the narrative?

That and let's be real here, the only reason anyone thinks characters like the idiotic Punk Frogs are better than characters like NANO is because more people saw them first and at a very young age so it might have left a bigger impact as such. In actuality they're just as generic and meaningless, if not more so.

CyberCubed
09-07-2016, 04:06 PM
They could have used a few like Slash, or Metalhead. They even introduced a new robot Turtle for an episode and didn't name him Metalhead even though they're identical otherwise.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-07-2016, 04:12 PM
They could have used a few like Slash, or Metalhead. They even introduced a new robot Turtle for an episode and didn't name him Metalhead even though they're identical otherwise.

Nope to Slash. "Metalhead" would've been okay as an easter egg or name drop.

That and let's be real here, the only reason anyone thinks characters like the idiotic Punk Frogs are better than characters like NANO is because more people saw them first and at a very young age so it might have left a bigger impact as such. In actuality they're just as generic and meaningless, if not more so.

:tlol:

In fact, Nano had one more episode appearance than the Punk Frogs. NANO IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN PUNK FROGS!

... I do hope IDW brings in the Punk Frogs at some point; would love for those little froggies to get some actually decent writing.

ABrown
09-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Metalhead was in the 4Kids series. He was in the episode "What a Croc".

CyberCubed
09-07-2016, 06:46 PM
I like to say that too, even though the toy/videogames calls him "The Evil Turtlebot."

ToTheNines
09-07-2016, 07:46 PM
Seeing everyone like Karai, Hun, Bishop, Baxter, the TMNT and the rest of the cast all united to defeat the true Demon Shredder was amazing

It was crap. Karai mystically sapping his magic powers just because she "took up the mantle"? Goofy.

And it's ****ing nothing like the Pantheon stuff. Get your head outta your ass.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-07-2016, 07:50 PM
It was crap. Karai mystically sapping his magic powers just because she "took up the mantle"? Goofy.

I love you, man. :tlol:

MikeandRaph87
09-07-2016, 07:54 PM
I asked Dan Berger back in the day about the Turtlebot. It was not inspired by Metalhead or intended to be the 2003 cartoon's answer to Metalhead in anyway.

As for the Ninja Tribunal angle, I enjoyed that season especially the two part finale. The huge battle against the demon Shredder in a Feudal Japanese setting was fun and epic. Sure the whole Shredder connection and shared energy was a cop out plot device,but it did not effect it much for me.

CyberCubed
09-07-2016, 07:55 PM

We had Karai tapping into her mystical powers thanks to the Foot Mystics, we had Bishop/Baxter/Hun/Chaplain/Justice Force, etc. all fighting zombies and legions of undead, we had the Turtles all working together channeling their avatars to defeat the Demon Shredder, and then finally the ghost of Hamato Yoshi finishing him off.

We already had the Turtles fight Ch'rell in normal combat about 10 times up to that point, so seeing a more mystical final battle against a powerful Demon sorcerer Shredder was a nice change of pace. I don't know why people wanted a copy of the umpteenth TMNT Vs. Shredder fight when we saw that with Ch'rell so much.

It was an epic final battle that brought the entire cast together and almost full circle, almost all the character arcs for the main cast were complete and the Ninja Tribunal themselves revealed why they did what they did.

And its very similar to IDW's Pantheon story, with Kitsune wanting to revive Shredder as the Dragon Lord, I'm willing to bet he'll be an all-powerful sorcerer similar to Demon Shredder. We know Waltz loves the 4kids series and I can see him doing it. Hell I'm willing to bet IDW will bring in the Ninja Tribunal at some point and show them fight against the Pantheon members.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-07-2016, 08:02 PM
And its very similar to IDW's Pantheon story, with Kitsune wanting to revive Shredder as the Dragon Lord, I'm willing to bet he'll be an all-powerful sorcerer similar to Demon Shredder. We know Waltz loves the 4kids series and I can see him doing it. Hell I'm willing to bet IDW will bring in the Ninja Tribunal at some point and show them fight against the Pantheon members.

Waltz has already done amazingly by former, stupid TMNT stories and characters.

Mutanimals, Neutrinos... I hope he DOES adapt the Ninja Tribunal to IDW. The concept was good, just completely botched by 4Kids.

#waltzdoesitbetter

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 08:08 PM
I must be the only one here who has a hard time watching 4kids. Everything about it feels off to me. Of all the TMNT branches, it's the only one so highly praised, that I most loathe. I can't put my finger on what it is specifically...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-07-2016, 08:14 PM
I must be the only one here who has a hard time watching 4kids. Everything about it feels off to me. Of all the TMNT branches, it's the only one so highly praised, that I most loathe. I can't put my finger on what it is specifically...

Well, do you compare it to Mirage or do you compare it to the other animated series?

Because if you're primarily comparing it to Mirage comics, all personal taste aside, it's gonna lose most every time. :tlol:

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 08:41 PM
Well, do you compare it to Mirage or do you compare it to the other animated series?

Because if you're primarily comparing it to Mirage comics, all personal taste aside, it's gonna lose most every time. :tlol:

It's weird... it's like pants...some people go nuts for bellbottom fashion, some love high waisted mom jeans, some think capri's are the ultimate ****, and some want skin sight and cuffed... while others are 4XL belted at the knees...

I'd say Mirage are the ripped cut-off jean shorts, Archie is the tie-dyed t-shirt you made at camp one year, and 2k3...

2k3 feels like rave pants and glow sticks.

but a photocopy of the photo from the rave, of you wearing said clothing.

CyberCubed
09-07-2016, 09:23 PM
My god does this thread need to be locked.

Prowler
09-07-2016, 10:05 PM
It's kinda sad how this series has been forgotten. Even back then, many people had no idea about there being a new TMNT cartoon.

CyberCubed
09-07-2016, 10:30 PM
Its not forgotten at all, and its critically acclaimed by the fanbase. Honestly the ratings for the Nick cartoon now (if you look at the ratings thread in the Nick section) are not any higher than the 2k3 series was for most of its run.

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 10:32 PM
It's kinda sad how this series has been forgotten. Even back then, many people had no idea about there being a new TMNT cartoon.

Guess I missed the thread that the quote in your sig came from.
Jesus.

*on topic - I remember being stoked about 2k3... But always missing the time slot.

Maybe I'll try giving it another shot on YouTube.

CyberCubed
09-07-2016, 10:35 PM
Jesus.

That was a thread I made asking what race Carter was from Seasons 9-10 of the original cartoon. Some people said it was obvious he was black but others thought he was hispanic or mixed.

Commenter 42
09-07-2016, 11:01 PM
Ahh...

Carter was just annoying.

Technogeek29
09-07-2016, 11:12 PM
Touch and Go showed up twice as antagonist who had it out for Mikey but were never really explored. I wouldn't mind someone trying them again probably with them being in charge of the Mob around NY or Assassin's the Turtles happen to come across.

Powder
09-07-2016, 11:19 PM
Touch and Go showed up twice as antagonist who had it out for Mikey but were never really explored. I wouldn't mind someone trying them again probably with them being in charge of the Mob around NY or Assassin's the Turtles happen to come across.

Tristan Jones had plans for them to appear in Tales Vol. 2, he once told me at NYCC. They were gonna be chicks, & twins, I think. That's all I remember about it. :tlol:

Technogeek29
09-07-2016, 11:22 PM
Tristan Jones had plans for them to appear in Tales Vol. 2, he once told me at NYCC. They were gonna be chicks, & twins, I think. That's all I remember about it. :tlol:

Color me intrigued, I wonder how that would've turned out?

snake
09-08-2016, 04:27 AM

That's sweet. The female T&G probably would work better than the male pair.

ToTheNines
09-08-2016, 04:36 AM
I love you, man. :tlol:

I love you too, man. :cry:

We had Karai tapping into her mystical powers thanks to the Foot Mystics, we had Bishop/Baxter/Hun/Chaplain/Justice Force, etc. all fighting zombies and legions of undead, we had the Turtles all working together channeling their avatars to defeat the Demon Shredder, and then finally the ghost of Hamato Yoshi finishing him off.

We already had the Turtles fight Ch'rell in normal combat about 10 times up to that point, so seeing a more mystical final battle against a powerful Demon sorcerer Shredder was a nice change of pace. I don't know why people wanted a copy of the umpteenth TMNT Vs. Shredder fight when we saw that with Ch'rell so much.

It was an epic final battle that brought the entire cast together and almost full circle, almost all the character arcs for the main cast were complete and the Ninja Tribunal themselves revealed why they did what they did.

Almost everything you just said was bull****.

Jesus.

*on topic - I remember being stoked about 2k3... But always missing the time slot.

Maybe I'll try giving it another shot on YouTube.

Here's the thread: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56339

It is, of course, in The Disintegrator Unit.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-08-2016, 08:04 AM

That sounds awesomely intriguing!

I did love Touch and Go. REALLY interesting little one-shot characters who, unlike Garbageman and Nano, really could've carried a few more episodes. They were worthy... and like many a TMNT concept, unfulfilled.

CyberCubed
09-08-2016, 01:37 PM
Almost everything you just said was bull****.
t.

So you have a bizarre grudge against an arc that tied the entire show together and gave each character their endgame status?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-08-2016, 01:42 PM
So you have a bizarre grudge against an arc that tied the entire show together and gave each character their endgame status?

Apparently sometimes autism SHOULDN'T speak.

Hush now, Cubed.

CyberCubed
09-08-2016, 01:44 PM
I flat out explained to him why the arc was well done. If he didn't like the way they handled it then fair enough, but in no way was it botched or poorly done.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-08-2016, 01:51 PM
I flat out explained to him why the arc was well done. If he didn't like the way they handled it then fair enough, but in no way was it botched or poorly done.

No.

You explained why you personally thought it was well done. We've disagreed. Different tastes; you can't make us like something we say was crap.

Accept your ineffectual reasoning and move on.

CyberCubed
09-08-2016, 01:57 PM
Fair enough then, I feel sorry if people can't enjoy it. It was an epic finale.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-08-2016, 02:01 PM

There ya go. Matter of taste. I'm glad some people enjoyed it, even though I still feel it was a hard left turn.

Unlike Platinum Dunes, which is very much not a matter of taste. :tlol: Some quality is not subjective.

Technogeek29
09-08-2016, 02:14 PM
That sounds awesomely intriguing!

I did love Touch and Go. REALLY interesting little one-shot characters who, unlike Garbageman and Nano, really could've carried a few more episodes. They were worthy... and like many a TMNT concept, unfulfilled.

Well they had the privilege of debuting in season 3 of the series when the show had figured out what it wanted to be and most of the world building was done.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Well they had the privilege of debuting in season 3 of the series when the show had figured out what it wanted to be and most of the world building was done.

This is true.

Hopefully IDW picks up those characters and retools them later down the road. I liked 'em.

I just realized, we STILL don't have superpowered humans in IDW TMNT. No Justice Force, HOORAY! Thank you, Bobby and Tom. Hate the Justice Force in both Mirage and 4Kids.

snake
09-08-2016, 02:19 PM
This is true.

Hopefully IDW picks up those characters and retools them later down the road. I liked 'em.

I just realized, we STILL don't have superpowered humans in IDW TMNT. No Justice Force, HOORAY! Thank you, Bobby and Tom. Hate the Justice Force in both Mirage and 4Kids.

Yeah, they're so out of place in TMNT. Hate, hate, hate the justice force.

CyberCubed
09-08-2016, 02:23 PM
Blame Mirage for the Justice Force in the first place.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-08-2016, 02:27 PM
Blame Mirage for the Justice Force in the first place.

Oh, I do! :tlol:

neatoman
09-08-2016, 02:42 PM
Don't really get the hate for the Justice Force, the reason I heard is that having superhumans make the Turtles seem less special but wouldn't all those mutants like Bebop and Rocksteady be a way bigger sin in that case? In those cases it's literally the same as with the Turtles.

snake
09-08-2016, 03:01 PM
Don't really get the hate for the Justice Force, the reason I heard is that having superhumans make the Turtles seem less special but wouldn't all those mutants like Bebop and Rocksteady be a way bigger sin in that case? In those cases it's literally the same as with the Turtles.

Mutants can easily fit within the lore. Superheroes in a non superhero universe are just weird.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-08-2016, 03:10 PM
Mutants can easily fit within the lore. Superheroes in a non superhero universe are just weird.

Agreed. Feels awkward and derivative.

Powder
09-08-2016, 03:13 PM
I've always felt like TMNT was sort of an anti-superhero series. Most people I knew who loved the TMNT didn't like all that other Big Two stuff. They wanted something different. That aside, it's easy to make a lame one, as proven by the Justice Force.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-08-2016, 03:18 PM
EVERYBODY does superheroes. They're dime a dozen, and the good ones have already been done.

Whereas anthropomorphic animal heroes are pretty rare. We've got Usagi Yojimbo, TMNT, Elephantmen, and Rocket Raccoon (who we all only know about thanks to 2014's great Guardians of the Galaxy movie).

Am I missing any?

snake
09-08-2016, 03:22 PM
EVERYBODY does superheroes. They're dime a dozen, and the good ones have already been done.

Whereas anthropomorphic animal heroes are pretty rare. We've got Usagi Yojimbo, TMNT, Elephantmen, and Rocket Raccoon (who we all only know about thanks to 2014's great Guardians of the Galaxy movie).

Am I missing any?

Captain Carrot

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-08-2016, 03:29 PM
Captain Carrot

Who?

ToTheNines
09-08-2016, 03:53 PM
Apparently sometimes autism SHOULDN'T speak.

Hush now, Cubed.

Lol, wow. Biggest laugh I've gotten from the Drome, ever.

I don't seem to be the one with the bizarre grudge here.

This just might blow your mind, but while you're sitting here losing your mind over us not liking one goofy season of the show... there are heretics out there that hate TMNT and think all of it is stupid!

You should be a TMNT televangelist and start saving people.

Lol, it was season 5 out of 7 tho... I'll take Turtles Forever as my "epic finale".

Yeah, that's great. I got all worried years ago when some rough Eastman covers leaked featuring Mike and some woman named "Ravena". It was just for fun, merely a character Kevin or Tom made up. But boy, was I sweating it.

Am I missing any?

Crash Bandicoot. Street Sharks, Sonic, Poochie?

snake
09-08-2016, 03:53 PM
Who?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Captain+Carrot

Andrew NDB
09-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Don't really get the hate for the Justice Force, the reason I heard is that having superhumans make the Turtles seem less special but wouldn't all those mutants like Bebop and Rocksteady be a way bigger sin in that case?

It is a way bigger sin.

CyberCubed
09-08-2016, 04:15 PM
I don't seem to be the one with the bizarre grudge here.

This just might blow your mind, but while you're sitting here losing your mind over us not liking one goofy season of the show... there are heretics out there that hate TMNT and think all of it is stupid!

Well obviously for people who dislike TMNT altogether...who cares. They're not TMNT fans or not in the fandom. It would be as if I went into the Harry Potter fandom and started crapping over all the books when I've never read Harry Potter and don't know much about it besides what I see online.

Lol, it was season 5 out of 7 tho... I'll take Turtles Forever as my "epic finale".

Season 5 definitely functioned as a series finale at that time. You could say the same for the Season 3 finale. Season 5 wrapped up everything at that point. Of course I agree that Turtles Forever worked well as the overall series finale.

Prowler
09-08-2016, 09:18 PM
I've always felt like TMNT was sort of an anti-superhero series. Most people I knew who loved the TMNT didn't like all that other Big Two stuff. They wanted something different. That aside, it's easy to make a lame one, as proven by the Justice Force.
I love the Turtles... and never cared for Marvel, DC, etc. When it comes to "superheroes", the Turtles are the exception to the book for me. Sort of the same thing for my brother as well.

We just appreciate the fact that the Turtles never needed any superpowers or guns to fight their own battles. Plus, the fact that they're pariahs of society and quite young made them just more relatable.

CyberCubed
09-08-2016, 09:54 PM
I love Batman, am alright with Superman/Wonder Woman and the rest of DC superheroes, but I don't follow any of them heavily outside of the cartoons.

As a kid growing up in the 80's and 90's I was of course exposed to Batman: TAS, Batman 1989 movie, the Spiderman/X-men cartoons, etc. And then everything in the early 2000's like Superman, Batman Beyond, Justice League, Teen Titans.

Had TMNT never been created I'd probably be on some Batman forum right now obsessing over that instead. I also have other interests when the anime craze started like Pokemon and Dragonball Z, but I don't follow much anime beyond that.

Commenter 42
09-08-2016, 10:09 PM
Here's the thread: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56339

It is, of course, in The Disintegrator Unit.

I just f'n died (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1619692&postcount=2)

Classic. Can't wait to read the rest.

Prowler
09-08-2016, 10:43 PM
I just f'n died (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1619692&postcount=2)

Classic. Can't wait to read the rest.
It was almost as good as the Ebonics thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=44631)

Technogeek29
09-09-2016, 12:30 AM
While not a big fan of the Justice force, I never particularity hate them. That said I can promise you I've never watched that episode again even being that there isn't anything too wrong with it.

A little late to jump on the Notes from the Underground topic but like that arc admittedly I'm bias being that I'm into horror, making also The Darkness Within another favorite of mine.

DevilSpooky
09-09-2016, 11:06 PM

Am I missing any?

Biker Mice From Mice, oh how I loved them, came right at the time when I grew out of the Turtles and wanted something a bit more mature (they came here right when the Fred Wolf show was dieing so it was the perfect substitute), would love to be able to track the full series somehow, but not even the high seas seem to be helpfull :tcry:

Prowler
09-09-2016, 11:08 PM
Biker Mice From Mice, oh how I loved them, came right at the time when I grew out of the Turtles and wanted something a bit more mature (they came here right when the Fred Wolf show was dieing so it was the perfect substitute), would love to be able to track the full series somehow, but not even the high seas seem to be helpfull :tcry:
Lots of people liked Biker Mice From Mars when I was a kid but I've never gotten into it. It's strange since I never see people online in English speaking websites talking about this show. Does it have a cult following in our country or something?

Editor's Note Comics
09-10-2016, 03:41 PM
Who?

DC character. On animal related teams like Zoo Crew and JLA (Just'a Lot of Animals). The Flash is a turtle and Batman is a mouse in JLA. Why in an animal version of the Justice League is Batman and mouse and not a bat? It makes no sense in that completely nonsensical book!

snake
09-10-2016, 03:53 PM
Lots of people liked Biker Mice From Mars when I was a kid but I've never gotten into it. It's strange since I never see people online in English speaking websites talking about this show. Does it have a cult following in our country or something?

Wikipedia tells me it's more of a european thing above all

Prowler
09-10-2016, 09:11 PM
Wikipedia tells me it's more of a european thing above all
Yeah, I never see Americans talk about Biker Mice From Mars.

...there was a revival in 2006, really? and a DS and PS2 video game? lol

The-Shredder
09-10-2016, 11:28 PM

And the revival briefly aired in 2008 on 4Kids TV, the same channel that this revival was airing on. Coincidence?

DevilSpooky
09-11-2016, 01:51 AM

Yeah, there actually was, I still remember watching the very first espisode, once it was over I went out and went to my local toy store asking about BMFM toys, the poor woman must have thought I was crazy, she just had no clue WTH I was talking about, nor any of the kids at my school for that mater :tgrumble: but one month later and they where everywhere
, I managed to get complete first run (bikes and all) and almost all of the second, I'll have to go back to my parents house to look for them, I used to love them...

You think that's mindblowing? Wait until you see this (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/hey-old-people-theres-a-new-biker-mice-from-mars-g/1100-6443367/), yes, it just came out a few days ago :P

And the revival briefly aired in 2008 on 4Kids TV, the same channel that this revival was airing on. Coincidence?

The difference is that, the TMNT revival was miles bether then the original, the BMFM one was... well... crap... but it was a direct sequel.

Vegita-San
09-11-2016, 09:30 AM

i sometimes feel that way about the new nick series. people praise it as 'the best tmnt series'.. all i see is juvenile humor and lack of planning... it just doesn't keep my interest.

Where as with the 4Kids series... I didn't over watch it like I did the fred wolf series to keep it fresh, so recently, this was only my 4th time rewatching the entire thing recently.

Every note still hits. the cool moments still feel cool. the music still fits banging. Even the lighter Fast Forward series still seems and feels more like turtles to me than most of the nick series.

To me, when they where not being given demands by playmates to make it lighter and more toyetic (Mayhem on Mutant Island, FF), they really hit it on all cylinders and got what made turtles tick.

I personally enjoyed the tribunal episodes, and I'm REALLY glad that they didn't make the mystic stuff permanent. Yoshi also got revenge on A shredder, if not THE shredder that killed him.. it was a nice evolution of the characters i thought..

The ONLY thing I didn't like was Karai. her back and forth between good and evil was annoying, trying to play both sides. when she finally went full on shredder, i was grateful. but then, they had her switch sides again, even being invited to april and casey's wedding, seemed like a totally different character in her one shot appearance in that.

No one ever seems to know what to do with Karai.

The new nick series to me just never felt as good. even though all the elements are there to MAKE it good.

Prowler
09-11-2016, 11:10 PM
I, too, feel that way about the Nick show. Saw a few episodes some years ago, but I dunno. it just feels off to me. I'll try to watch it fully one day, though.

Andrew NDB
09-11-2016, 11:19 PM
i sometimes feel that way about the new nick series. people praise it as 'the best tmnt series'.. all i see is juvenile humor and lack of planning... it just doesn't keep my interest.

Where as with the 4Kids series... I didn't over watch it like I did the fred wolf series to keep it fresh, so recently, this was only my 4th time rewatching the entire thing recently.

Every note still hits. the cool moments still feel cool. the music still fits banging. Even the lighter Fast Forward series still seems and feels more like turtles to me than most of the nick series.

To me, when they where not being given demands by playmates to make it lighter and more toyetic (Mayhem on Mutant Island, FF), they really hit it on all cylinders and got what made turtles tick.

I personally enjoyed the tribunal episodes, and I'm REALLY glad that they didn't make the mystic stuff permanent. Yoshi also got revenge on A shredder, if not THE shredder that killed him.. it was a nice evolution of the characters i thought..

The ONLY thing I didn't like was Karai. her back and forth between good and evil was annoying, trying to play both sides. when she finally went full on shredder, i was grateful. but then, they had her switch sides again, even being invited to april and casey's wedding, seemed like a totally different character in her one shot appearance in that.

No one ever seems to know what to do with Karai.

The new nick series to me just never felt as good. even though all the elements are there to MAKE it good.

Because since Mirage she has never been allowed to be her own character, ever. She has to be tied at the hip to the Shredder as an underling, or a daughter, or a gray sort of figure with switching loyalties... when she was created as anything but these things: a strong woman (older than Saki) with the power of her own convictions.

neatoman
09-12-2016, 03:09 AM
Becauss since Mirage she has never been allowed to be her own character, ever. She has to be tied at the hip to the Shredder as an underling, or a daughter, or a gray sort of figure with switching loyalties... when she was created as anything but these things: a strong woman (older than Saki) with the power of her own convictions.

Yes and it's also important to remember that she was created within the context of Shredder being dead, her role in the story cleaning up the mess he left behind. If she's going to co-exist with him, her role needs to be rewritten in one way or another.

I'll grant you this though, the way she's been revised to fit isn't necessarily the best way to do it.

wpugh2424
09-19-2016, 09:15 PM
Forgive me but any recent news in 2k3 DVDs sets ?

Powder
09-19-2016, 09:19 PM
Not a thing.

wpugh2424
09-19-2016, 10:19 PM
OH well guess I'll keep Amazon and you tubing it