PDA

View Full Version : Viacom being pressured to sell Paramount

John Pannozzi
02-23-2016, 08:04 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/viacom-should-sell-paramount-bet-868123?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR%20International_now_2016-02-22%2008:59:53_gszalai&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_international

Not sure what bearing this will have on the TMNT franchise going.

Yah, know, when Viacom and CBS split ten years ago, Viacom got to keep the theatrical film rights to Star Trek, while CBS got all other rights. I wonder if a similar deal will made if this happens.

Commenter 42
02-23-2016, 09:37 PM
This has been whispered about for quite a while...

I've heard talk of Both WB and Disney showing interest. Personally, I hope it's the later.

The Chinese angle is interesting...

TheJ-manTurtleMan
02-23-2016, 10:16 PM
I wonder what would happen to TMNT if Disney owned it?

NinjaPug
02-23-2016, 10:26 PM
Viacom would still own TMNT if they sold off Paramount.

Powder
02-23-2016, 10:33 PM
If this would mean Paramount no longer does TMNT movies, I'm for it.

TurtleTitan97
02-23-2016, 10:57 PM
I second that notion.

CyberCubed
02-24-2016, 12:43 AM
Nightmare scenario: Viacom sells Paramount, but Michael Bay still directs the next Turtles movie. And the nostrils remain.

The horror, the horror!

neatoman
02-24-2016, 03:14 AM
Viacom hasn't made TMNT an asset of Paramount have they? If they have, then TMNT would go with Paramount. If not, either Paramount will still have the movie rights to TMNT or Viacom will license TMNT to some other company.

If TMNT still remains with Viacom it's no big deal, the worst that is going to happen is that a movie series nobody likes won't continue favor of another reboot. If TMNT goes with Paramount... Well...Maybe it's bye-bye for the cartoon on Nickelodeon and maybe the comics published by IDW.

I don't think Viacom will lose TMNT in this but I felt it necessary to bring up the possibility.

ToTheNines
02-24-2016, 04:14 AM
TMNT is specifically a Nickelodeon asset.

Bry
02-24-2016, 05:15 AM
If that would mean nullifying the deal with Platinum Dunes, I will actually pray for this. And I'm not even someone who believes in that sort of thing. :tlol:

It'd be the best possible outcome, really. Killing BayTurtles stone dead but without the movie franchise itself having to hit financial rock bottom. On to the reboot. Not sure if it's likely (or if the contracts would even allow it) but it's a nice thought.

marcelangelo
02-24-2016, 05:35 AM
I am with Powder and Bry on this one;)....

its only movies and not that important, but GOD WOULD THAT BE GREAT if platinum dunes stopped pumping buulshit with tmnt nametags on it down the drain and someone else had a chance to make another one...
hopefully a decent one.with a real story, real characters, heart and real costumes..the icing on the cake yould be if such a new movie would perhaps tell a worthwhile story..:)

Commenter 42
02-24-2016, 05:47 AM
TMNT is specifically a Nickelodeon asset.

^^This^^.

Maybe they're waiting for Redstone to kick? Can suits be sentimental while hemorrhaging buckets of cash?

LeotheLateBloomer
02-24-2016, 06:35 AM
I'm down for this as well. If it potentially means getting better films then definitely!

TigerClaw
02-24-2016, 07:38 AM
Viacom selling Paramount doesn't mean no more TMNT movies, they will continue making them.

Think about it, Dreamworks is own by another company and holds the Transformers movie right, and they still make them with Paramount even if they are no longer partners.

Even if Paramount is sold off to another company, Nickelodeon will still make the movies with them regardless.

John Pannozzi
02-24-2016, 08:50 AM
More speculation from the Hollywood Reporter. (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/seven-top-paramount-suitors-868842?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR%20Headlines_2016-02-24%2005:00:00_jstrause&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_headlines)

snake
02-24-2016, 09:56 AM
Nothing against Disney, but I hope the franchise doesn't go to them. I'm just sick of DISNEY IS GONNA BUY THE WORLD jokes.

Vicky82
02-24-2016, 09:59 AM
So if Paramount goes does that mean Platinum Dunes goes too, are they only contracted with Paramount.

snake
02-24-2016, 10:16 AM
So if Paramount goes does that mean Platinum Dunes goes too, are they only contracted with Paramount.

I'd assume that PD will go wherever the pay is best

The Boston Ninja Turtle
02-24-2016, 10:48 AM
Paramount is just a distribution company, it would have nothing to do with tmnt movie franchise in the long run, Viacom would still hold the rights

...all the major studios use it even Disney. they all have some sort of stock in it

Disney uses it when they don't want to release a movie under the Disney studios name

I won't get excited unless that title reads Viacom and platinum dunes cutting ties

TigerClaw
02-24-2016, 11:23 AM
Regardless, the studios will continue making movies even if they are no longer partners, Paramount is just the distribution for Transformers and TMNT movies, while Nickelodeon and Platinum Dunes are the ones making the TMNT movies.

If Viacom sells Paramount, It won't have any affect on the movies since Paramount is just a distributor to them, they don't own the rights

Di Bonaventura Pictures own the rights to the Transformers movies and Paramount just distributes them

pannoni1
02-24-2016, 12:37 PM
Paramount: An Alibaba Comapny

This isn't too similar to when Gulf + Western sold off its underperforming business divisions in the late 1980s and focused more on its entertainment unit. It just costs so much money to acquire a company with a history of films spanning over a century along with paying residuals and maintaining the portfolios.

That second article also cites how Transformers is doing well in China. Interestingly, Lionsgate (owner of the Fred Wolf cartoon) is also mentioned among the possible buyers.

Galactus
02-24-2016, 12:53 PM
This deal with Platinum Dunes really is awful. I mean it's not even a Transformers-esque Faustian bargain. It's not like we're getting any stuff we wouldn't be getting due to the "success" of the movies and for the those that just want more turtles literally no one expects this series to get past movie III. Three goes around and that's your lot and then probably dead for the forseeable.

thundermaster612
02-24-2016, 01:04 PM
I wonder what would happen to TMNT if Disney owned it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

d_osborn
02-24-2016, 01:28 PM
It's not like we're getting any stuff we wouldn't be getting due to the "success" of the movies...
You know, I was pretty certain the PD movies would at least give us a decent Blu-ray of the 1990 movie with some supplemental content. It's really perplexing that one of the most successful indie movies of the 90s has barely any decent "making-of" content out there.

LeotheLateBloomer
02-24-2016, 02:24 PM
Viacom selling Paramount doesn't mean no more TMNT movies, they will continue making them.

Think about it, Dreamworks is own by another company and holds the Transformers movie right, and they still make them with Paramount even if they are no longer partners.

Even if Paramount is sold off to another company, Nickelodeon will still make the movies with them regardless.

It's only the Bayturtles we want to discontinue, not TMNT movies in general.

TigerClaw
02-24-2016, 02:44 PM
It's only the Bayturtles we want to discontinue, not TMNT movies in general.
the PD TMNT movies will continue even if Paramount is sold to another company, Paramount only distributes the movie, The ones making it are Platinum Dunes and Nickelodeon movies.

it's funny seeing people arguing about this without realizing that, Paramount has nothing to do with either TMNT and Transformers movies.

Platinum Dunes has no affiliation with Paramount cause they produced movies that were distributed by other studios.

IndigoErth
02-24-2016, 04:54 PM
If only it could simply do away with the PD portion of it. I wouldn't mind seeing what could be done with these Turtles if certain entities were no longer involved and they were put into better hands; turn them into BayfreeTurtles and stop his generic oppression of franchises.

NinjaPug
02-24-2016, 05:01 PM
I'm pretty sure Paramount hired Platinum Dunes to make the TMNT movies so saying Paramount is only involved in the distribution of these movies is incorrect.

TigerClaw
02-24-2016, 05:39 PM
I'm pretty sure Paramount hired Platinum Dunes to make the TMNT movies so saying Paramount is only involved in the distribution of these movies is incorrect.
Actually it was Nickelodeon themselves, who gave Platinum Dunes the rights to make the movie, Paramount was only there to distribute.

Platinum Dunes makes movies that other studios have distribute, Warner Bros, New Line Cinema, Universal Pictures, Lionsgate, Columbia Pictures, MGM.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platinum_Dunes

The 3rd Purge movie is produced by Platinum Dunes, and Universal Pictures is distributing that one.

NinjaPug
02-24-2016, 06:32 PM
I don't care who has distributed movies from Platinum Dunes. Paramount is just as involved with the production of TMNT movies as Nickelodeon. Paramount struck a first look deal with Platinum Dunes the year before bringing them on board for TMNT.

TigerClaw
02-24-2016, 07:08 PM
I don't care who has distributed movies from Platinum Dunes. Paramount is just as involved with the production of TMNT movies as Nickelodeon. Paramount struck a first look deal with Platinum Dunes the year before bringing them on board for TMNT.
Either way, if Paramount is sold to another company, Platinum Dunes still have deals with Paramount, like they do with other studios, so this isn't going to affect anything, TMNT will remain and movies will still be made.

Bry
02-24-2016, 07:10 PM
the PD TMNT movies will continue even if Paramount is sold to another company, Paramount only distributes the movie, The ones making it are Platinum Dunes and Nickelodeon movies.

it's funny seeing people arguing about this without realizing that, Paramount has nothing to do with either TMNT and Transformers movies.

Platinum Dunes has no affiliation with Paramount cause they produced movies that were distributed by other studios.

I have no first-hand knowledge of the actual deals or contracts made between Nickelodeon/Paramount and Platinum Dunes. None of us do. This is all speculation, so let's try not to present speculation as fact.

That said, let me prove almost everything you said here incorrect. :trazz:

Here's some cited development information from the first BayTurtles, via Wikipedia:

In October 2009, following the news of Nickelodeon purchasing all of Mirage's rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles property, it was announced that Nickelodeon would produce a new film through corporate sibling Paramount Pictures with an expected release date sometime in 2012. In late May 2010, it was announced that Paramount and Nickelodeon had brought Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Bradley Fuller and Andrew Form on to produce the next film that will reboot the film series. Bay, Fuller, and Form would produce alongside Walker and Mednick. For the script, the studio originally hired Art Marcum and Matt Holloway to write the film for close to a million dollars. According to TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman, the John Fusco version was a little too edgy for what Paramount wanted.

Reporting on the initial purchase from 2009, via Deadline (https://deadline.com/2009/10/nickelodeon-to-revive-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-for-tvfilm-after-acquiring-global-rights-for-60m-17800/):

Viacom’s Nickelodeon announced today it has acquired the global intellectual property rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from The Mirage Group and 4Kids Entertainment. The purchase price was about $60 million. Nickelodeon also announced plans to develop a new CG-animated television series based on the popular superhero franchise for 2012. Also, in partnership with Viacom’s Paramount Pictures, a new release of a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles feature film is also planned for 2012. Nickelodeon has also acquired all merchandising rights to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and will continue to work with its original and long-standing toy partner, Playmates Toys, which has been the creative force behind the TMNT master toy program over the last two decades. The deal was done by Cyma Zarghami, the president of Nickelodeon/MTVN Kids and Family Group, and Adam Goodman, the president of Paramount Pictures.

Reporting on the Bay/Platinum Dunes announcement from Deadline (https://deadline.com/2010/05/platinum-dunes-steers-turtles-relaunch-44238/):

Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon have brought Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form on to produce Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the live-action film that reboots the film series launched by New Line in 1990. Bay, Fuller and Form will produce with Galen Walker and Scott Mednick.

TMNT, a co-production between Paramount and Nickelodeon, is an outgrowth of the $60 million acquisition made by Nick last October for global rights to the entire Turtles franchise. Right around the same time, Paramount made a first look deal with the Platinum Dunes partners, who will generate genre projects but also want to expand their scope.

And Kevin Eastman confirming that it was specifically Paramount who nixed the John Fusco script: (http://www.nbcchicago.com/entertainment/movies/NATL-TMNT-Co-Creator-Says-Michael-Bay-Wont-Ruin-Franchise-179664711.html)

“Three years ago, I started working on the John Fusco version, which was this awesome, awesome, awesome ‘Batman Begins’ kind of take on the first movie. It was really interesting, but it was maybe a little too edgy for what Paramount wanted. It went through a couple of different versions before Michael Bay took it over and brought in Jonathan Liebesman (‘Wrath of the Titans,’ ‘Battle Los Angeles’) to direct.”

So we know that Platinum Dunes' involvement stems from Bay and PD's exclusive deals with Paramount specifically. Platinum Dunes absolutely has a first-look deal with Paramount. Michael Bay does as well.

Paramount is cited as a partner in the current TMNT movie franchise with Nickelodeon, not "just" a distributor. And it has plenty to do with the movies. It's clearly stated that they've made decisions on its production.

Adding to and confirming with NinjaPug said as well.

Either way, if Paramount is sold to another company, Platinum Dunes still have deals with Paramount, like they do with other studios, so this isn't going to affect anything, TMNT will remain and movies will still be made.

That's entirely possible. But it's not a guarantee. It depends on what the contract says. As far as you or I know, the deal could depend on Nick and Paramount being under the Viacom umbrella. And since neither of us has a copy of the paperwork, maybe it's best not to try to speak with too much authority until it's officially confirmed, huh?

Zak The Neutrino
02-24-2016, 08:12 PM

Come on don't crush are dreams like that.

They need to hire some Marvel Studios employees to do a new TMNT movie. Then maybe we would have a chance of non crap.

The Boston Ninja Turtle
02-24-2016, 08:44 PM
In the end even with paramount gone ,Viacom and platinum dunes still own film rights....which still give ua bad movies

snake
02-24-2016, 08:48 PM
Come on don't crush are dreams like that.

They need to hire some Marvel Studios employees to do a new TMNT movie. Then maybe we would have a chance of non crap.

Please, Marvel Studios touching tmnt would be the last thing we need.

I want a darker/first movie toned TMNT, not a reddit quipfest.

NinjaPug
02-24-2016, 08:50 PM
In the end even with paramount gone ,Viacom and platinum dunes still own film rights....which still give ua bad movies

Platinum Dunes doesn't own anything

The Boston Ninja Turtle
02-24-2016, 09:32 PM
They may not directly own but they still are the ones making the current movies...they own something whether it be current film rights or whatever

TrickOrTreater
02-25-2016, 02:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Please. Like it would possibly be any worse than what we're getting/have gotten with BayTurtles.

And...Marvel Studios is capable of that? Or did you not see Winter Soldier?

Not that this will ever happen, but Marvel would do LEAPS AND BOUNDS better at adapting TMNT than Platinum Dunes could ever dream.

You know how I know? I saw the first movie.

Never mind the fact that all the Marvel Studios movies are leaps and bounds better than BayTurtles. Yeah I'm including Iron Man 2 in there.

d_osborn
02-25-2016, 08:30 AM
Daredevil season 3. Give Kevin Eastman the DD crossover he always wanted.

http://i.imgur.com/UwL6uyF.jpg?1

Bry
02-25-2016, 09:37 AM

Daredevil and Jessica Jones say hi.

Even if Marvel movies lean heavy on "fun", they also have plenty of emotional weight to them. And they're competent productions, which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for Platinum Dunes. I'd take Marvel over what we've got now in a heartbeat.

Commenter 42
02-25-2016, 09:47 AM
Please. Like it would possibly be any worse than what we're getting/have gotten with BayTurtles.

And...Marvel Studios is capable of that? Or did you not see Winter Soldier?

Not that this will ever happen, but Marvel would do LEAPS AND BOUNDS better at adapting TMNT than Platinum Dunes could ever dream.

You know how I know? I saw the first movie.

Never mind the fact that all the Marvel Studios movies are leaps and bounds better than BayTurtles. Yeah I'm including Iron Man 2 in there.

You win.

WB would **** it up, somehow. Marvel might have a few too many yucks and ha-ha's, but compared to, you know, what PD's doing now... well...

And think of the merch. Disney has the money and the will to rip the rights away from Playmates. Big bonus. Really big bonus.

Zak The Neutrino
02-25-2016, 10:31 AM
Daredevil and Jessica Jones say hi.

Even if Marvel movies lean heavy on "fun", they also have plenty of emotional weight to them. And they're competent productions, which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for Platinum Dunes. I'd take Marvel over what we've got now in a heartbeat.

Also IMO they respect the characters and don't make stupid changes that essentially spits on the franchise.

ProactiveMan
02-25-2016, 09:15 PM
Be careful what you wish for. If Disney owned TMNT right now, there probably wouldnít be a movie coming out this year. They donít have infinite resources, so between the MCU, Star Wars, their animated stuff, and their live-actionified animated stuff, I donít know that they can afford to make Turtles movies. They sh*t-canned a few properties already for that very reason.

Xav
02-25-2016, 09:31 PM
I'll take no movie over the movie we are getting this year. BTW Viacom isn't selling Paramount they are just seeking a minority investor in it.

snake
02-25-2016, 09:34 PM
Be careful what you wish for. If Disney owned TMNT right now, there probably wouldnít be a movie coming out this year. They donít have infinite resources, so between the MCU, Star Wars, their animated stuff, and their live-actionified animated stuff, I donít know that they can afford to make Turtles movies. They sh*t-canned a few properties already for that very reason.

Like what? I can't remember anything off the top of my head.

NinjaPug
02-25-2016, 09:40 PM
The only movie I can think of that Disney has scrapped was a 3rd Tron movie.

Bry
02-25-2016, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I would gladly wait a few more years for a good movie. I'd wait as long as it takes. Quality over quantity. Pumping out terrible movies every two years only stands to hurt the long-term strength of the property. If you pump out crap at breakneck speed, the fad dies out and the overall lousy quality makes the entire property look bad. We've seen this play out before.

Commenter 42
02-25-2016, 09:48 PM
Disney wouldn't hesitate to make a TMNT film. Given The popularity of TMNT in the zeitgeist, they'd likely do for TMNT what they did for Star Wars, (which is to say, set things right after the garbage prequels).

TMNT should end up at Marvel, under Disney. Imagine TMNT looking as good and realistic as Rocket in GOTG?

Shark_Blade
02-25-2016, 11:44 PM
The only movie I can think of that Disney has scrapped was a 3rd Tron movie.

Thank God cause the 2nd one suck balls.

Powder
02-26-2016, 01:07 AM
The turtles being in Disney's hands would surely make for decent or even great films, but I'm not so sure about other stuff. Nick & IDW do great stuff, I very much doubt that Disney would best them. Marvel's doing a LOT of pandering these days, something I'd rather not see the turtles fall victim to further.

NinjaPug
02-26-2016, 06:27 AM
TMNT doesn't need Disney. It just needs to be away from Platinum Dunes.

Commenter 42
02-26-2016, 08:13 AM
The turtles being in Disney's hands would surely make for decent or even great films, but I'm not so sure about other stuff. Nick & IDW do great stuff, I very much doubt that Disney would best them. Marvel's doing a LOT of pandering these days, something I'd rather not see the turtles fall victim to further.

I could see Disney hiring Nick's creatives as well, or simply acquiring them in the deal. It's often how these things go.

It could be amazing - all that creativity, with serious money to put into the show. Disney's changed since their dictatorial regime in the 80's and 90's, I doubt they'd attempt to fix what was working.

According to the article though, Nick isn't for sale...or wouldn't be, so it's likely a non-issue to begin with. If the Turtles went with Paramount, it would only be the license for theatrical films.

d_osborn
02-26-2016, 08:18 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't even want a film series to kick it off.

There's pretty much a zero percent chance of this happening, but a Netflix series set in the MCU NYC street-level stuff would be awesome. The new Daredevil trailer brings out The Hand ninja pretty hard, which is pretty much what directly inspired TMNT. Go with that tone and run with it. Have the turtles be the only sci-fi element in place for a season, then run all cosmic with it. Sort of a cross between Daredevil and Guardians.

Didn't Disney AND Marvel try to acquire TMNT very early on? I know Eastman was wanting a Daredevil crossover pretty bad in the 80s.

Powder
02-26-2016, 10:18 AM
According to the article though, Nick isn't for sale...or wouldn't be, so it's likely a non-issue to begin with. If the Turtles went with Paramount, it would only be the license for theatrical films.

Oh I know, I'm just talking big picture hypothetical were the property to go to them.

slingtheory
02-26-2016, 12:22 PM
It could be amazing - all that creativity, with serious money to put into the show. Disney's changed since their dictatorial regime in the 80's and 90's, I doubt they'd attempt to fix what was working. two words. Ultimate Spiderman.:tlol:. Don't get me wrong I'm sure disney and marvel would kill it on the movie side of things but It could go either way with any animated series they'd make. Plus I'd really hate to see idw lose the rights to marvel.

Commenter 42
02-26-2016, 05:33 PM
There's no question Disney does some stuff terribly - specifically their animated television stuff; Can't agree more. I agree with d_osborne, TMNT needs a Hard edged serious take - a bloody GOT/Daredevil/BB series. Vince Gilligan would get it, I think...he gets violence, morally grey characters, and how to tell small stories in compelling ways. I think he'd bring the Mirage out of TMNT in a way non-fans would respond to.

It would be epic.

Side note; BCS is mothers milk; Haven't been this thrilled by a storeyteller since David Milch.

Foombamaroom
02-27-2016, 08:42 AM
The only thing concerning about a live-action would be the CGI. I mean, yeah, you could bring back the rubber suits with a mix of CGI, but that seems expensive. But if a Netflix series were to happen, I'd be SOOOOoOOOOoOooOoOOooOOOO happy.

ProactiveMan
02-27-2016, 09:27 AM
Like what? I can't remember anything off the top of my head.

I was thinking of Tron 3. I thought there was another one, but I can't remember what it is... so maybe I was exaggerating.

Disney wouldn't hesitate to make a TMNT film. Given The popularity of TMNT in the zeitgeist, they'd likely do for TMNT what they did for Star Wars, (which is to say, set things right after the garbage prequels).

They probably would do what they have done with Star Wars... Play it as safe as possible. So you can forget that gritty, Mirage inspired movie y'all are dreaming of, because it's Fred Wolf all the way in Disney Turtles land.

Thank God cause the 2nd one suck balls.

Sez u! :tcool:

Commenter 42
02-27-2016, 10:03 AM
They probably would do what they have done with Star Wars... Play it as safe as possible. So you can forget that gritty, Mirage inspired movie y'all are dreaming of, because it's Fred Wolf all the way in Disney Turtles land.

Why would you assume that? Daredevil is, cutesy?

They would give the fans what the fans want, because they have figured out, giving people what they want equals money.

They want that money.

Star Wars wasn't "safe" it was Ep 4 all over again, scrambled up, in a very thoughtful way. It revitalized the franchise, while doing things the fans had been begging for - less CG, strong female characters, a bit of self effacing humor, epic fights...

It's the best sequel to that trilogy you could have asked for, considering how many people they had to please.

If they did the same with TMNT, We'd probably get something very close to The Steve Barron film.

I'll take that over PDMT any day.

ProactiveMan
02-29-2016, 12:55 AM
Why would you assume that? Daredevil is, cutesy?

They would give the fans what the fans want, because they have figured out, giving people what they want equals money.

They want that money.

Star Wars wasn't "safe" it was Ep 4 all over again, scrambled up, in a very thoughtful way. It revitalized the franchise, while doing things the fans had been begging for - less CG, strong female characters, a bit of self effacing humor, epic fights...

It's the best sequel to that trilogy you could have asked for, considering how many people they had to please.

Daredevil wasn't anywhere near as ingrained into pop culture as TMNT, and as much as some don't want to hear it, the OT and the Nick show are what 9 out of 10 people think of when you mention the Turtles. So playing it safe doesnít mean a softer tone, it means whatever tone the gen pop is expecting.

Also, if hitting every story beat from A New Hope isnít playing it safe, then I donít know what is. Itís not a bad thing in that case, because the result was what most people wanted to see. Unfortunately in the case of TMNT, fans of the comics are not Ďmost peopleí.

TrickOrTreater
02-29-2016, 01:38 AM
Daredevil wasn't anywhere near as ingrained into pop culture as TMNT, and as much as some don't want to hear it, the OT and the Nick show are what 9 out of 10 people think of when you mention the Turtles.

Man. If only there was some way you could possibly combine aspects and tones from two different versions of the characters effectively and create a compelling story from that.

If only.

http://images.moviepostershop.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-movie-poster-1989-1020469990.jpg

1ytCEuuW2_A

So playing it safe doesnít mean a softer tone, it means whatever tone the gen pop is expecting.

Hey remember when all anybody knew of Batman for like almost 30 years was this??

http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/files/Adam-West-and-Burt-Ward.jpg

But then some body went ahead and took Batman back to his darker roots and everybody f*cking loved it?

I sure do.

ProactiveMan
02-29-2016, 03:06 AM
Yeah I remember Batman. I wouldn't describe it as 'playing it safe' though... which is the entire crux of my argument. Sometimes it's difficult to read comprehensively, but try as hard as you can.

Zak The Neutrino
02-29-2016, 02:51 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't even want a film series to kick it off.

There's pretty much a zero percent chance of this happening, but a Netflix series set in the MCU NYC street-level stuff would be awesome. The new Daredevil trailer brings out The Hand ninja pretty hard, which is pretty much what directly inspired TMNT. Go with that tone and run with it. Have the turtles be the only sci-fi element in place for a season, then run all cosmic with it. Sort of a cross between Daredevil and Guardians.

Didn't Disney AND Marvel try to acquire TMNT very early on? I know Eastman was wanting a Daredevil crossover pretty bad in the 80s.

Yes but they walked away from Marvel because they wouldn't have kept the creative power they wanted. It wouldn't have helped us back then anyways because Marvel sold off the movie rights it's most popular franchises in the 90's when they were almost bankrupt. Hence why we get ****** Xmen movies.

Aaronardo
02-29-2016, 03:34 PM
/snip/

You just made the greatest post I've seen on this forum. And my day.

Yeah I remember Batman. I wouldn't describe it as 'playing it safe' though... which is the entire crux of my argument. Sometimes it's difficult to read comprehensively, but try as hard as you can.

You described "playing it safe" as whatever the gen pop was expecting, in your own words. Everyone was expecting something along the lines of the 60's Batman, since that was the version that was engrained in everyone's heads. They got Tim Burton, Michael Keaton, and a drastic change of tone.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is... you proved his point.

slingtheory
02-29-2016, 05:17 PM
If star wars is the example I get the feeling Disney's idea of a safe tmnt movie wouldve been a movie with the same tone as the original with some fred wolfe characters thrown in.

TrickOrTreater
02-29-2016, 05:44 PM

And we got a sh*tty movie series out of it.

So...congratulations? I guess?

Way to stick up for the no-talent hacks?

"Ninja Turtles aren't anywhere near as ingrained in pop culture as Batman, and as much as you don't want to hear it, the Adam West Batman show was what 9/10 people thought of when you mention Batman, pre-1989."

Until Tim Burton said "No, f*ck you, Batman is a dark character and this is how I'm going to do it and everybody will love it. Don't care what came before."

He had the balls and talent to subvert expectations and "what the people wanted" gave them something awesome.

This is fun. I'm having fun.

TrickOrTreater
02-29-2016, 05:46 PM
You just made the greatest post I've seen on this forum. And my day.

Hey, much appreciated friend.

You described "playing it safe" as whatever the gen pop was expecting, in your own words. Everyone was expecting something along the lines of the 60's Batman, since that was the version that was engrained in everyone's heads. They got Tim Burton, Michael Keaton, and a drastic change of tone.

Talent and spine and artistic integrity sure do go a long way.

ProactiveMan
03-02-2016, 05:20 PM

What the hell are you talking about? I was saying exactly the opposite. The Tim Burton movie was not 'Playing it safe' in my opinion.

Keep up the doodling fellas - It will all make sense one day.

John Pannozzi
03-16-2016, 10:28 AM
Here's a new article on the situation. (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-wolff-viacoms-real-motives-874809?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR%20Breaking%20News_2016-03-16%2008:00:00_awashington&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_breakingnews)

d_osborn
03-16-2016, 12:34 PM
Yes but they walked away from Marvel because they wouldn't have kept the creative power they wanted. It wouldn't have helped us back then anyways because Marvel sold off the movie rights it's most popular franchises in the 90's when they were almost bankrupt. Hence why we get ****** Xmen movies.
Marvel actually sold off the rights much earlier. There were low-budget Spider-Man, Captain America, and X-Men movies in development from around 1985. Still, interesting to think about.

John Pannozzi
04-12-2016, 08:11 AM
Marvel actually sold off the rights much earlier. There were low-budget Spider-Man, Captain America, and X-Men movies in development from around 1985. Still, interesting to think about.

Though the movie rights to Spider-Man reverted to Marvel around 1999, at which point they made their deal with Sony.

Anyway, it seems that Sumner Redstone doesn't want to sell Paramount. (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sumner-redstone-might-not-want-882807?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR%20Headlines_2016-04-12%2005:00:00_jstrause&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_headlines)

d_osborn
04-12-2016, 08:57 AM
Though the movie rights to Spider-Man reverted to Marvel around 1999, at which point they made their deal with Sony.

Selling the movie rights in the 80s was actually something that kept Marvel open. They were pretty close to closing up shop. It's pretty interesting to read about-- especially with the legal drama between Cannon, Carolco/Lightstorm, and Sony/Columbia in the 90's. It was a huge mess.

John Pannozzi
04-28-2016, 07:41 AM
News update:

http://variety.com/2016/biz/news/viacom-paramount-stake-sale-agreement-1201762619/

neatoman
04-28-2016, 09:53 AM
News update:

http://variety.com/2016/biz/news/viacom-paramount-stake-sale-agreement-1201762619/

So what the hell does any of that mean? Are they just selling part of the company?

ToTheNines
04-28-2016, 11:49 AM
Basically they're just looking for an investor. Viacom/Paramount will remain largely unchanged. Doubt this will affect TMNT at all.

Andrew NDB
04-28-2016, 01:09 PM
Even if Paramount were sold en masse, it's entirely meaningless to TMNT. Viacom would just find a different distributor and Platinum Dunes wouldn't be effected. Different logo when the lights go out in the theater (if you're foolish enough to watch these "films" at all), that's all.

NinjaPug
07-13-2016, 04:48 PM
Viacom, the media company that owns cable networks and movie production businesses, is in talks to sell a 49% stake in its film studio, Paramount Pictures, to Chinaís Dalian Wanda Group, The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

Earlier this year, Viacom announced its plans to sell a significant minority stake of the struggling movie studio to raise cash that can be used to pay its debt and fund other operations. Wanda, a huge conglomerate in China with subsidiaries in construction, hospitality and entertainment, has been beefing up its movie business in recent months and is widely speculated as a possible buyer of the stake.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2016/07/13/report-viacom-talks-sell-paramount-stake-wanda/87051720/

ToTheNines
07-13-2016, 04:55 PM
Oh, ****...

Andrew NDB
07-13-2016, 04:55 PM
"Ninja Turtles aren't anywhere near as ingrained in pop culture as Batman, and as much as you don't want to hear it, the Adam West Batman show was what 9/10 people thought of when you mention Batman, pre-1989."

Until Tim Burton said "No, f*ck you, Batman is a dark character and this is how I'm going to do it and everybody will love it. Don't care what came before."

He had the balls and talent to subvert expectations and "what the people wanted" gave them something awesome.

Yes, correct.

CyberCubed
07-13-2016, 04:56 PM
So what does Viacom selling Paramount imply? I think that's bigger issues for other franchises like Star Trek than our own.

NinjaPug
07-13-2016, 05:03 PM
Oh, ****...

Yep. Bad news since they co-financed OotS.

retr0pia75
07-13-2016, 05:26 PM
Not surprised about this. They haven't been doing so good for a while now.

TheSkeletonMan939
07-13-2016, 05:33 PM
Well that's really unfortunate. I guess I can't be too surprised though.

Ninjinister
07-13-2016, 06:25 PM
#yolo......

CyberCubed
07-13-2016, 06:27 PM
So what does this mean for TMNT? What does it MEAN?!

ToTheNines
07-13-2016, 06:29 PM
Goodbye ninjitsu, hello kung-fu.

More white Shredder.

And a transformers crossover.

TigerClaw
07-13-2016, 07:44 PM
So what does this mean for TMNT? What does it MEAN?!
It means more TMNT movies, cause China will pay for it, just like how they paid for the recent Transformers movies.

Panda_Kahn_fan
07-14-2016, 07:27 AM
Goodbye ninjitsu, hello kung-fu.

More white Shredder.

And a transformers crossover.

Actually, I don't think they'll go with a white Shredder, just cast an actor of east Asian ethnicity, and call him 'Shredder' all the time without using the 'Ororku Saki' name. That seems to be successful.

Ugh :(

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-14-2016, 07:53 AM
Actually, why WOULDN'T China enjoy casting its main villain as Japanese?

Seems like they'd be fine with it.

ToTheNines
07-14-2016, 08:04 AM
Because they're stupid.

IndigoErth
07-14-2016, 02:43 PM
True.. they could keep him Japanese and add in a few clever, very subtle jabs if they were so inclined. Not a bad opportunity in that case if they feel so negatively toward Japan. :trazz:

TigerClaw
09-16-2016, 01:59 PM
Looks like Viacom got fined $500,000 for Tracking Kids on there Nickelodeon sites, which includes TMNT.
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37359470

Viacom - tracking tech was found on its Nick Jr and Nickelodeon sites, which contain pages for TV shows including Dora the Explorer, Spongebob Squarepants and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It was fined $500,000

Andrew NDB
09-16-2016, 02:03 PM
Yep. Bad news since they co-financed OotS.

Well, you make a deal with the Devil, sooner or later you have to pay the piper.

Looks like Viacom got fined $500,000 for Tracking Kids on there Nickelodeon sites, which includes TMNT.

Viacom - tracking tech was found on its Nick Jr and Nickelodeon sites, which contain pages for TV shows including Dora the Explorer, Spongebob Squarepants and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It was fined $500,000

Not surprising, since we already know they pay for guys like these:

http://useast.mymarkettoolkit.com/90/gallery/large/potted-plant-man_55772.jpg

And here is the proof, how the deal went down:

http://a.abcnews.go.com/images/International/ap_prince_charles_plant_man_ss_thg_120316_wblog.jp g

TigerClaw
09-16-2016, 02:06 PM
Mattel was fined $250,000, Jumpstar was fined $85,000 as well, they found tracking tech in Hasbro, but they did not get fined, But Viacom got the bigger fine.

snake
09-16-2016, 02:06 PM

F*cking disgusting. This is the definition of internet misuse. This won't stop it either, sadly.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-16-2016, 03:07 PM

I love when assholes like this get exposed and then have to shell out big bucks for their sins. That's the only language they understand: money.

CyberCubed
09-16-2016, 03:25 PM
I love when assholes like this get exposed and then have to shell out big bucks for their sins. That's the only language they understand: money.

$500,000 is pocket change to a million (or billion?) dollar company.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-16-2016, 03:38 PM
I know, but it makes me feel good, and that's all that matters! :P

Commenter 42
09-16-2016, 05:05 PM
And people think they don't bother reading comments on a forum like this...

lol...

The conspiracy is real. If anything, we should all be more like cubed.

No more nostrils!

ToTheNines
09-16-2016, 05:15 PM
If anything, we should all be more like cubed.

No more nostrils!

**** you, dude.

Commenter 42
09-16-2016, 05:25 PM
**** you, dude.

hahahhahahahahaa.

But seriously... they are listening.

Andrew NDB
09-16-2016, 05:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkJK0dFVEAQdxj9.jpg:small

oldmanwinters
09-16-2016, 05:53 PM
:tlol:

Most "casuals" I've talked to seemed to enjoy the most recent movie. I'll admit I liked it too, in spite of its problems. I'm generally easy to please once my expectations are lowered. :tcool:

Powder
09-16-2016, 06:38 PM

The official FB page says otherwise. :tlol:

LeotheLateBloomer
09-16-2016, 06:44 PM

If that isn't false advertising, audiences love everything.:trolleye:

Vegita-San
09-16-2016, 09:13 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2016/07/13/report-viacom-talks-sell-paramount-stake-wanda/87051720/

sad, and yet interesting at the same time.

could it mean that Nick will wise up and give the movie turtles to someone who actually, you know, LIKES the Ninja Turtles universe?

I somehow doubt that if a company sells something, the contract made with how the company was before remains in tact.

only the ones so dumbed down by modern hollywood, they forgot what a GOOD blockbuster actually is.

Or SJW's who love to champion movies no matter how bad. they'll love anything so long as it fits their current views ;)

And people think they don't bother reading comments on a forum like this...

lol...

I don't doubt they read comments. But yeah, I'm shocked that so many people think officials don't browse forums..no matter how small.

If you're reading this nick, give us a REAL Ninja Turtles movie. don't pander to china. Included, you know, actual ninja elements. don't make it too violent. Keep the humor smart. do away with fart and dick jokes.

and make sure bay never gets near it. or feig. or any of their ilk.

Powder
09-16-2016, 09:20 PM
Click the "multi" tab on all of the posts you wish to reply to, except for the last one, on which you should just click "quote". That will group them all together.

Vegita-San
09-16-2016, 09:23 PM
Click the "multi" tab on all of the posts you wish to reply to, except for the last one, on which you should just click "quote". That will group them all together.

dang it....

I post so little on forums these days i always forget about the mutli quote.

sometimes i do it manually....but i usually don't reply this much at all in a row.

neatoman
09-17-2016, 03:02 AM

ITcNbEPdpJU

Coola Yagami
09-17-2016, 08:21 AM
sad, and yet interesting at the same time.

could it mean that Nick will wise up and give the movie turtles to someone who actually, you know, LIKES the Ninja Turtles universe?

I somehow doubt that if a company sells something, the contract made with how the company was before remains in tact.

only the ones so dumbed down by modern hollywood, they forgot what a GOOD blockbuster actually is.

Or SJW's who love to champion movies no matter how bad. they'll love anything so long as it fits their current views ;)

I don't doubt they read comments. But yeah, I'm shocked that so many people think officials don't browse forums..no matter how small.

If you're reading this nick, give us a REAL Ninja Turtles movie. don't pander to china. Included, you know, actual ninja elements. don't make it too violent. Keep the humor smart. do away with fart and dick jokes.

and make sure bay never gets near it. or feig. or any of their ilk.

The funny part is if there's ever a part 3 that looks promising.... everyone that has been defending this movie is going to start their comment or review with 'well we all knew the first two movies sucked but....'

IndigoErth
09-17-2016, 01:57 PM
The funny part is if there's ever a part 3 that looks promising.... everyone that has been defending this movie is going to start their comment or review with 'well we all knew the first two movies sucked but....'
True, look at the amount that eventually calmed down and were able to agree the first isn't really all that great after all (even if they still like it for what it is).

TMNT 2016 is just the current "better" until it's replaced.

I wish. I wouldn't mind seeing them get one decent chance in at least one legitimately good film before they're retired from TMNT history. And for gods sakes, get new writers. (At most they - the 'current' writers - can offer input for brother drama, but nothing else.)

Vegita-San
09-17-2016, 07:04 PM
True, look at the amount that eventually calmed down and were able to agree the first isn't really all that great after all (even if they still like it for what it is).

TMNT 2016 is just the current "better" until it's replaced.

I was kind of getting that vibe on here, despite the furious firestorm the first movie caused in differing opinions.

It's nice to see more people coming around to the 'it kind of really does suck' viewpoint. maybe there is hope for modern movie audiences after all :)

Commenter 42
09-17-2016, 07:52 PM
I was kind of getting that vibe on here, despite the furious firestorm the first movie caused in differing opinions.

It's nice to see more people coming around to the 'it kind of really does suck' viewpoint. maybe there is hope for modern movie audiences after all :)

Dude, The Rock vs Alan Ritchson. There is no hope.

Bry
09-18-2016, 09:14 AM
They had two chances to get it right and they botched it both times. They got a second chance and failed. Please, don't let them get a third.

This is a Bay production, and we're on to the fifth guaranteed-to-be-awful Transformers movie under the same vision. That's what Bay and Platinum Dunes do -- dumb, loud spectacle and relentlessly milking franchises until they're drained dry. Cinema vampires. They won't ever try harder and they won't ever stop unless someone takes the property away from them. This movie under-performing is the best chance we have.

snake
09-18-2016, 10:03 AM
The only reason Bayformers still exists is because of the Transformers fanbase having beaten wife syndrome and the fact that some people actually like them. None of the TF movies have been bombs and until one of them underpreforms, they're here to stay.

Granted, the 4th one was kind of ok. Mostly just dumb fun.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-18-2016, 10:25 AM
Having ONE big, dumb movie is fine (e.g. Jurassic World).
Trying to milk that into God knows how many sequels... what's the point? No one likes making crappo sequels and no one likes watching them. No one remembers them either. I have to constantly remind myself that PotC 4 existed, and that I saw it. Can't film companies find other, more worthy film projects to burn money on?

snake
09-18-2016, 10:43 AM
Having ONE big, dumb movie is fine (e.g. Jurassic World).
Trying to milk that into God knows how many sequels... what's the point? No one likes making crappo sequels and no one likes watching them. No one remembers them either. I have to constantly remind myself that PotC 4 existed, and that I saw it. Can't film companies find other, more worthy film projects to burn money on?

Man, you just reminded me of PotC 4. I'm a huge fan of the first two movies and was greatly disapointed by it. I'd take the complicated/continuity heavy PotC 3 over it anyday.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-18-2016, 10:53 AM
And now they're apparently making a 5th one.... blargh

snake
09-18-2016, 11:44 AM
And now they're apparently making a 5th one.... blargh

I have hope the franchise can return to form.

Third times a charm, right?

Right?

Vegita-San
09-18-2016, 11:44 AM
I'm generally easy to please once my expectations are lowered. :tcool:

which is part of the problem, and i can't help but wonder, deliberately so.

I can't help but wonder if smart movies don't translate well in markets like china..so they have to make them as generic as possible
for people not really exposed to hollywood type movies to understand :/

tin foil hat time

METALHEAD
09-19-2016, 05:39 AM
Regardless, the studios will continue making movies even if they are no longer partners, Paramount is just the distribution for Transformers and TMNT movies, while Nickelodeon and Platinum Dunes are the ones making the TMNT movies.

If Viacom sells Paramount, It won't have any affect on the movies since Paramount is just a distributor to them, they don't own the rights

Di Bonaventura Pictures own the rights to the Transformers movies and Paramount just distributes them

Thank God. I was worried. I hope to see a third and fourth movie based off the tricaraton invasion.

Powder
09-19-2016, 05:46 AM
Too bad, 'cause that's not going to happen.

METALHEAD
09-19-2016, 05:57 AM
As long as they make a third final film I'll be content. Unlike these salty fans I loved it. Saw it 5 times with my chick. (Chick saw it 8 more times) can't wait for the bluray.

Bry
09-19-2016, 10:00 AM
They lost money on "Out of the Shadows", so that's far from a guarantee. Wishful thinking isn't evidence of anything. To my knowledge a third movie hasn't been announced yet. The last one was greenlit and announced a week after the first BayTurtles' release, but this time they've been dead silent for months.

ToTheNines
09-19-2016, 10:09 AM
As long as they make a third final film I'll be content. Unlike these salty fans I loved it. Saw it 5 times with my chick. (Chick saw it 8 more times) can't wait for the bluray.

http://www.hatchability.com/afbeeldingen/chicknegg.jpg

Candy Kappa
09-19-2016, 10:38 AM
http://www.hatchability.com/afbeeldingen/chicknegg.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bc6Bsn5CAAAgKbW.jpg

Andrew NDB
09-19-2016, 10:45 AM
As long as they make a third final film I'll be content.

Get ready for an age of discontent.

Autbot_Benz
09-19-2016, 10:46 AM
MetalHead is like Tigerclaw content with crap instead of getting a Turtles movie that would be amazing. While I did like Out Of The Shadows its still got its issues and not Casey Jones really pissed me off.

LeotheLateBloomer
09-19-2016, 11:01 AM
MetalHead is like Tigerclaw content with crap instead of getting a Turtles movie that would be amazing. While I did like Out Of The Shadows its still got its issues and not Casey Jones really pissed me off.

Fully agreed! Tigerclaw just likes everything that isn't Mirage.

Try to understand that we want the best for a property that we love. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to like/love every single content creators throw at you. I don't believe it's fair to call some fans salty just because they dislike something you enjoyed. That just makes you only live up to your username, with all due respect.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-19-2016, 11:45 AM
(Chick saw it 8 more times)

EIGHT? Your girlfriend saw it 13 times?
This has to be a joke. I won't accept that anyone saw this film 13 times.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-19-2016, 11:48 AM

I was going to ask something mean like "was she in a coma" or something, but I refrained.

Shower me with internet points for not being 100% a dick.

TheSkeletonMan939
09-19-2016, 11:53 AM
If she wasn't in a coma before, she's in one now. Seeing the film once, let alone 13 times, causes considerable mental damage.

Commenter 42
09-19-2016, 12:01 PM
Obnoxious.

Q:"Why do they keep making crap?"

A:"Metalhead and his Chicken."

Yay humans.

Autbot_Benz
09-19-2016, 12:24 PM
Technodrome Forum Drinking game take a shot everytime Metalhead brings up his Chick when he posts. :lol:

Commenter 42
09-19-2016, 12:44 PM
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/7/7d/Gonzo_with_camilla.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110224210736

ToTheNines
09-19-2016, 12:45 PM
Technodrome Forum Drinking game take a shot everytime Metalhead brings up his Chick when he posts. :lol:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/7/7d/Gonzo_with_camilla.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110224210736

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/19/c4/b1/19c4b1895bab0f3dfb5932462229f147.jpg

Vegita-San
09-19-2016, 12:46 PM
I was going to ask something mean like "was she in a coma" or something, but I refrained.

Shower me with internet points for not being 100% a dick.

not being mean. just being human with an astute observation ;o)

Vegita-San
09-19-2016, 12:48 PM

or just someone trying to rile people up to see what kind of response they get ;o)

that's the vibe i get.

I also refuse to believe people, even die ghard gb fans, saw feigbusters more than twice :)

snake
09-19-2016, 12:49 PM
How many times has Metalhead mentioned he has a girlfriend just for the sake of mentioning it?

Andrew NDB
09-19-2016, 12:51 PM
While I did like Out Of The Shadows its still got its issues and not Casey Jones really pissed me off.

You're not fooling me...

http://images.travelpod.com/users/backpacker44/1.1264809913.plant-man.jpg

Commenter 42
09-19-2016, 12:55 PM
You're not fooling me...

http://images.travelpod.com/users/backpacker44/1.1264809913.plant-man.jpg

SSSSSHHHHHH!!!!!

hahahaha

He's slowly coming round to our side. it's okayyyyyy....
dude was a hard core 2014 fan. Used to argue with him ALL the time.

he's seen the light.

Autbot_Benz
09-19-2016, 01:03 PM
Lets just give Steve Barron and Golden Harvest the rights to Turtles again.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-19-2016, 01:05 PM
This thread reminds me of a movie I still haven't seen...

"Metalhead and the Real Chick"

Andrew NDB
09-19-2016, 01:06 PM
This thread reminds me of a movie I still haven't seen...

"Metalhead and the Real Chick"

It's on the home & garden channel, weeknights at never.

Coola Yagami
09-19-2016, 04:46 PM
Last time we had the sheep. This time we had the plants. What will the third one bring?

Andrew NDB
09-19-2016, 05:00 PM
Last time we had the sheep. This time we had the plants. What will the third one bring?

Pretty sure we had plenty of plants last time too. Plenty. Even during the 2007 one here.

Vegita-San
09-19-2016, 05:30 PM

People don't want good.

They want fast, dumb, explosions.

until they don't, then the casual mass doesn't know what it wants.

only safe bet is it still doesn't want good and well done.

Vegita-San
09-19-2016, 05:34 PM

you think the turtle verse is bad with either sheep or plants,

browse the pro feigbuster section of the internet once in a while. We are NOTHING compared tothose people.

The Mo Of those types is all the same though. attack the people who dislike the movie, don't show why you LIKE said movie, stir up trouble.

I've never seen an entire group of fandom with the same M.O. before that. and when I didn't run into someone like that who liked the movie on the RARE occasion, i had to remember, 'normal person, normal person!' ;o).

TigerClaw
09-19-2016, 05:51 PM
you think the turtle verse is bad with either sheep or plants,

browse the pro feigbuster section of the internet once in a while. We are NOTHING compared tothose people.

The Mo Of those types is all the same though. attack the people who dislike the movie, don't show why you LIKE said movie, stir up trouble.

I've never seen an entire group of fandom with the same M.O. before that. and when I didn't run into someone like that who liked the movie on the RARE occasion, i had to remember, 'normal person, normal person!' ;o).
Every fandom has its own detractors, so it's no surprise.

IndigoErth
09-19-2016, 06:11 PM
Movie PR overlords.

People don't want good.

They want fast, dumb, explosions.
Lunch at the sketchy-looking burrito stand on the street corner would be easier if that's all they really want.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-19-2016, 06:25 PM

According to another thread, virgins.

C'thulu will be pleased.

plastroncafe
09-19-2016, 06:27 PM
You say that like we didn't have an over abundance of those before.

My vote is goats.

Commenter 42
09-19-2016, 06:28 PM

Good man. I knew you were smart.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-19-2016, 06:35 PM
You say that like we didn't have an over abundance of those before.

My vote is goats.

:tlol: I know it and you know it... but do THEY know it?

Okay, so instead of C'thuluists, now we're satanists!?

plastroncafe
09-19-2016, 06:39 PM
:tlol: I know it and you know it... but do THEY know it?

Okay, so instead of C'thuluists, now we're satanists!?

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Sinfest_Devil_3176.PNG
I prefer the devil I know, to the eldergod I don't.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-19-2016, 06:43 PM
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Sinfest_Devil_3176.PNG
I prefer the devil I know, to the eldergod I don't.

:tlol: Well played, madame.

Vegita-San
09-20-2016, 07:29 AM
According to another thread, virgins.

C'thulu will be pleased.

don't get rid of the virgins... ever try being around divorced people?

the world needs happy un attached virgins ;o)

Andrew NDB
09-20-2016, 10:25 AM

Good man. I knew you were smart.

I don't see Nick/Viacom gifting movie rights to anybody. But sure, let him direct it if you want the studio to trample over him just the same or worse as the last two puppet directors. Does anyone honestly think in 2016 Mr. Steve Barron has any pull or sway at all? In 1990 he had a twee of momentum under him, and an indy enough budget for it that no one really messed with him too much... now? Forget it. Might as well title it "Playmates: Still out of the Shadows."

And even if we stepped into a portal and visited a dimension where Steve Barron has as much clout as JJ Abrams, I'm OK never seeing Danny: The Movie (Remake), Starring Darth Shredder and his House of Troubled Teens.

NinjaPug
09-21-2016, 05:11 PM

Looks like deal between Viacom and Wanda fell through. Thank god.

http://deadline.com/2016/09/dalian-wanda-sony-pictures-slate-deal-1201823837/

Vegita-San
09-21-2016, 05:17 PM
I hate it when a communist country takes a stake in a formerly american production. seems kind of sad :/

i wonder if sony pictures is going under like many are theorizing. give the rights back to marvel please, and please take ghostbusters too!

TigerClaw
09-21-2016, 05:24 PM
Viacom's Interim CEO is leaving the company.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/21/media/viacom-interim-ceo-leaving/index.html?iid=surge-story-summary

TigerClaw
09-22-2016, 03:13 PM
Apparently Paramount is expected to lose about 115 million over the movie Monster Trucks, which is expected to open on Jan 13.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/monster-trucks-leads-huge-115m-931495

There were conference calls from all the major studios, Paramount being one of them, It looks like they are gonna be losing money over Monster Trucks, which has been delayed many times, No mention about TMNT on how it performed for them.

Andrew NDB
09-22-2016, 03:18 PM
Viacom's Interim CEO is leaving the company.

Isn't that what interim CEOs do?

John Pannozzi
09-28-2016, 10:39 AM
And now there's talk of Viacom and CBS remerging (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/national-amusements-working-cbs-viacom-933375?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR%20Breaking%20News_now_2016-09-28%2009:26:29_ehayden&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_breakingnews).

TigerClaw
09-28-2016, 10:52 AM
And now there's talk of Viacom and CBS remerging (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/national-amusements-working-cbs-viacom-933375?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR%20Breaking%20News_now_2016-09-28%2009:26:29_ehayden&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_breakingnews).
That's interesting, but I don't see how a Viacom/CBS merger would affect TMNT, The Fred Wolf series used to air on CBS Saturday mornings, but I highly doubt we will see anything TMNT related showing up on CBS.