PDA

View Full Version : Scott Snyder returning to Detective Comics???

myconius
02-23-2016, 08:16 PM
i know there is already a post about DC Comics Rebirth, but this thread is focused solely on the Batman (and related) titles, as well as the teams taking them over.

there have been plenty announcements about the Star Team up of Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo leaving Batman after Rebirth.

Greg Capullo has announced that he will be taking a break from Batman in order to collaborate on a project with author Mark Millar (Kick-Ass, Kingsman)

now my impression was that after the announcement that Batman was going to be published bi-weekly, Scott Snyder was making the move to Detective Comics which was staying as a monthly title.

recently DC announced that multiple titles were going to be made bi-weekly, now even including Detective Comics.
but after that, talks about Scott Snyder still taking over that title have since ceased.

i may be jumping the gun here, but i feel like DC pushing Detective to be twice a month might have made Scott Snyder reconsider the move?
while i'll admit Scott Snyder may not be my favorite Batman writer, i still enjoyed much of his writing.

if by chance he decides to leave Batman as well as Detective, i really hope DC creates another Batman title (as they often do) just to have him stay writing the character?

with that i wish Tom King the Best of luck as new writer for the main Batman series!!
he's going to need all the luck he can get after editorial shackles him to his typewriter and makes him dance the tune of a hurdy gurdy!
....sorry i had to add that last part! :lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-24-2016, 07:58 AM
Tom King has proven he's a good writer, so no worries with his take on Batman.

And DC would be insane to not cater to Snyder's schedule; he's been the only consistently GOOD writer for Batman since the New 52 began.

myconius
02-24-2016, 06:20 PM
Tom King has proven he's a good writer, so no worries with his take on Batman.

And DC would be insane to not cater to Snyder's schedule; he's been the only consistently GOOD writer for Batman since the New 52 began.

yeah, let's hope he sticks around!

even the best writers can burn out when put under too much pressure.
i just see the greedy move of 2 issues per month hurting the creative process.

time will tell though.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-24-2016, 08:24 PM
yeah, let's hope he sticks around!

even the best writers can burn out when put under too much pressure.
i just see the greedy move of 2 issues per month hurting the creative process.

time will tell though.

Honestly, I don't see how the new faster-paced release schedule could NOT hurt the creative process... :trolleye:

myconius
02-24-2016, 09:04 PM
Honestly, I don't see how the new faster-paced release schedule could NOT hurt the creative process... :trolleye:

it's really sad!
they don't realize that the more they tighten their grip on our wallets, the more readers will slip through their fingers!

yeah, i know i just totally stole that line from Star Wars! :D

but the last few years their comics totally sacrificed quality for quantity!

myconius
03-03-2016, 07:29 AM
this here get's me a little misty eyed --> https://twitter.com/GregCapullo/status/705114101094068224

best of luck Greg!! onto bigger and better things!!