PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Sun & Moon

tmnt transformer
02-29-2016, 11:18 AM
http://cdn.mos.techradar.com/art/games/Pokemon%20sun%20moon-970-80.jpg Thoughts anyone?

Powder
02-29-2016, 11:26 AM
There's literally nothing to be said at this point.

Allio
02-29-2016, 02:41 PM
Logos look like the symbols of kamen rider kiva and ixa

AT-Man
02-29-2016, 06:06 PM
I'm always excited for more pokemon. What do you think the next pair could be?

snake
02-29-2016, 07:36 PM
I'm always excited for more pokemon. What do you think the next pair could be?

Two new types

chrisdude
03-01-2016, 11:03 AM
More than anything, I'd like for them to do like black and white, and have all new Pokemon up until the Elite Four. Best Pokemon sequel.

AT-Man
03-01-2016, 04:42 PM
Two new types

I mean the next games, how will they be named? What kind of obvious pairings have they not used yet, that could fit there? Yin & Yang? Heaven & Hell (yeah right)? Dumb & Dumber?

Prowler
03-01-2016, 04:43 PM
I mean the next games, how will they be named? What kind of obvious pairings have they not used yet, that could fit there? Yin & Yang? Heaven & Hell (yeah right)? Dumb & Dumber?
Pokémon Left and Right

Mew
03-02-2016, 05:59 AM
Pokémon Version A and Pokémon Version B.

turtle1237
03-02-2016, 04:38 PM
Pokemon Yin and Yang?
Pokemon Dark and Light?
Pokemon Good and Evil?
Pokemon and Digmon? lol kidding here.

CyberCubed
03-02-2016, 04:43 PM
If this game adds 100 new pokemon we'll be at over 800 pokemon, closer to 850 if you count all the Mega's as new pokemon.

Prowler
03-02-2016, 04:58 PM
If this game adds 100 new pokemon we'll be at over 800 pokemon, closer to 850 if you count all the Mega's as new pokemon.
It would be kinda cool if the last Pokémon generation was the 7th one, and the pokédex would finish at #1000 or #1001.

I mean, the Pokémon franchise has to end at some point, right? Won't happen as long as the anime has high ratings and the games sell like hot cakes, though.

turtle1237
03-02-2016, 05:02 PM
It would be kinda cool if the last Pokémon generation was the 7th one, and the pokédex would finish at #1000 or #1001.

I mean, the Pokémon franchise has to end at some point, right? Won't happen as long as the anime has high ratings and the games sell like hot cakes, though.

Its been 20 years and it does not seem to be slowing down. Mario got his start in the 1980's and he sales like hot cakes lol.

If there is money to be made, they will keep making Pokemon games. I may be dead and in my grave 70 plus years from now, and they will still make pokemon games lol.

I would hate it though. Being dead of old age and missing out.

Prowler
03-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Its been 20 years and it does not seem to be slowing down. Mario got his start in the 1980's and he sales like hot cakes lol.

If there is money to be made, they will keep making Pokemon games. I may be dead and in my grave 70 plus years from now, and they will still make pokemon games lol.

I would hate it though. Being dead of old age and missing out.
Yeah, by this point, a world without Pokémon or Mario seems like an unlikely scenario. I'd add Zelda to that as well. It kinda sucks that Mega Man is on life support, and most MM games probably aren't that great. I can't even imagine how sad I'd feel if Mario or Zelda died one day.

sdp
03-02-2016, 08:25 PM
I think from now on we won't be getting as many Pokemon each Gen but we'll be getting "mega evolutions" to make up for it. That way they make "new" pokemon of old favorites keeping people happy and don't bloat up the international Pokedex. I'm sure from time to time we'll see a B/W situation where most of the pokemon are new but they probably want to keep the number of new monsters slow since this is a franchise they want to keep going forever and if not kept in check they'll be in the thousands in another decade, it's not the same telling you to catch 1500 PKMN ten years from now than 2500. I do think from now on we'll be getting a new gen every 3 years.

So I was thinking about how Gold/Silver put emphasis on the Sun-Ho-Oh and Moon-Lugia connection. At least in the title screens. I mean I'm not going to be all anal about it but it seems odd no one has mentioned it anywhere but they keep bringing Solrock/Lunatone.

As for the actual games well I guess we'll have to wait to see how they look but I'm not terribly excited about two gens on 3DS or new gens so frequently, XY still feels new to me and I'm a sucker for third versions where you can see a more polished version of the region and seeing small differences here and there before moving on, whether it was a "sequel" or whatever it would've been nice to revisit Kalos. I was also extremely underwhelmed by B/W, the game looked terrible and pixelated, I still remember the awful reveal and since it came out barely before the 3DS came out people just didn't give it enough attention and I feel like its a "forgotten" gen which sucks because the idea of a generation with only new Pokemon as something awesome and a way to revitalize the franchise and it kind of got wasted here.

turtle1237
03-02-2016, 09:38 PM
I think from now on we won't be getting as many Pokemon each Gen but we'll be getting "mega evolutions" to make up for it. That way they make "new" pokemon of old favorites keeping people happy and don't bloat up the international Pokedex. I'm sure from time to time we'll see a B/W situation where most of the pokemon are new but they probably want to keep the number of new monsters slow since this is a franchise they want to keep going forever and if not kept in check they'll be in the thousands in another decade, it's not the same telling you to catch 1500 PKMN ten years from now than 2500. I do think from now on we'll be getting a new gen every 3 years.

So I was thinking about how Gold/Silver put emphasis on the Sun-Ho-Oh and Moon-Lugia connection. At least in the title screens. I mean I'm not going to be all anal about it but it seems odd no one has mentioned it anywhere but they keep bringing Solrock/Lunatone.

As for the actual games well I guess we'll have to wait to see how they look but I'm not terribly excited about two gens on 3DS or new gens so frequently, XY still feels new to me and I'm a sucker for third versions where you can see a more polished version of the region and seeing small differences here and there before moving on, whether it was a "sequel" or whatever it would've been nice to revisit Kalos. I was also extremely underwhelmed by B/W, the game looked terrible and pixelated, I still remember the awful reveal and since it came out barely before the 3DS came out people just didn't give it enough attention and I feel like its a "forgotten" gen which sucks because the idea of a generation with only new Pokemon as something awesome and a way to revitalize the franchise and it kind of got wasted here.

I think the main reason gen 6 had so few new pokemon vs the older gens with about 150-200 each was they did have to change about 600 plus models of the older pokemon in 3d form. So they added about only 70 pokemon, but at the same time, they did have to revamp ALL the pokemon from past gens, from the 2d sprites to the 3d models. I think next gen may be about 100 plus new mons. Thats my guess.

PangolinFeets
03-02-2016, 11:49 PM
I wish they had leaked at least one new Pokemon. =/

AT-Man
03-03-2016, 07:03 AM
If I were to buy one Pokemon game, which one should it be? And if I were to buy one of the first three for 3DS virtual console, which one?

ssjup81
03-04-2016, 03:35 AM
This was put up about a week ago, but here's Gaijin Goomba's theory about the games...and it's not a bad one.

dcLi_3mZTywIf I were to buy one Pokemon game, which one should it be? And if I were to buy one of the first three for 3DS virtual console, which one?Red/Blue (Green), are practically the same. There are some Pokemon that are exclusive to each version, but that's about it. Toss a coin. lol

If you have nostalgia for the first part of the anime series (Kanto) I'd go with Yellow.

Meh, still wish they would've done a game based on the Orange Islands. Pokemon Yellow/Orange. lol

Powder
03-04-2016, 10:09 AM
Pokemon S&M.

S&M

S&M

http://drawception.com/pub/panels/2012/7-6/XhPYL33etB-8.png

CyberCubed
03-04-2016, 04:03 PM
The game being based on Hawaii seems odd especially since we just got Hoenn remakes which were based on a tropical region and islands. Wouldn't it essentially be Hoenn 2.0?

I guess people better get used to those surfing routes again.

turtle1237
03-04-2016, 06:59 PM
The game being based on Hawaii seems odd especially since we just got Hoenn remakes which were based on a tropical region and islands. Wouldn't it essentially be Hoenn 2.0?

I guess people better get used to those surfing routes again.

surfing usa lol.

I loved Hoenn, both the remakes and the gba games.

I dont mind the surfing routes, there not as bad as people claim.

Ninjinister
03-10-2016, 06:33 PM
Sun/Moon's announcement ain't got sh*t on X/Y's

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/16/164924/2409685-bignews.jpg

Cure
03-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Very true. That announcement was dope.

tmnt transformer
05-10-2016, 10:19 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen. We now have an official trailer, release date, Boxart, and starters! http://1u88jj3r4db2x4txp44yqfj1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/pokemonsunandmoon-930x523.jpg
The starters:

Rowlet:http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/rowlet.png

Litten:http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/litten.png

Popplio:http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/popplio.png

Kn25hijDL7c

Anyone else as excited as I am for these games!?

AT-Man
05-10-2016, 10:42 AM
That moon pokemon looks nice, but the sun one is just like every other.

Powder
05-10-2016, 02:51 PM
I really don't care for the direction Pokemon designs have gone in since gen 6. Bleh. They're alright in general, but they don't have much of a Pokemon "feel" to me.

CyberCubed
05-10-2016, 03:31 PM
Pokemon designs are all over the place every gen. It doesn't really matter at this point now that there's more than 720+ pokemon.

TonySiegel
05-10-2016, 04:15 PM
how old is to old to be playing pokemon?

CyberCubed
05-10-2016, 04:30 PM
how old is to old to be playing pokemon?

Most original Pokemon fans are now 25-30 year old adults. There's probably more adults who play Pokemon now than kids.

TonySiegel
05-10-2016, 05:17 PM
Most original Pokemon fans are now 25-30 year old adults. There's probably more adults who play Pokemon now than kids.

good... this is a day one purchase!

Prowler
05-10-2016, 05:30 PM
Even though I love the color red, I prefer Moon's cover.

If I had to pick a starter right now I'd go for Litten. I like cats. Rowlet and Popplio look so lame.

Nothing beats Gen I's starters design-wise. In second I'd put Gen III's.

sdp
05-10-2016, 07:35 PM
I also think Pokemon designs are consistent every gen, If I had to choose then Gen V is probably the one with the least "Pokemon" designs in my view. All other gens definitely have some iconic "Pokemon" and ones that you wonder what they were thinking but after a gen is old many of those designs you didn't like grow on you as well. I can't live without Jynx anymore and I hated her back in Gen 1 :lol:

What I think about the new designs I like all three starters, I don't really care for legendary Zubat or Kimba the white entei, the other legendary already revealed felt like every other X/Y legendary.

The reveal is a little underwhelming and similar to what I thought about Black and White...it looks pretty much the same as the previous gen but more pixelated. I do like that the characters are less chibi esque even if I thought the chibi look was alright since it reminded me of the original games.

Mew
05-10-2016, 07:56 PM
Really like the new Starters. They are all cute!

Netkeeper
05-10-2016, 09:21 PM
I really don't care for the direction Pokemon designs have gone in since gen 6. Bleh. They're alright in general, but they don't have much of a Pokemon "feel" to me.
Pokemon designs are all over the place every gen. It doesn't really matter at this point now that there's more than 720+ pokemon.
I have to side with cubed here, because that's what they do. They design more pokemon than will actually be in the game, then just bring out an old idea when they need a new one. It's why the designs are all over the place every time. It's common knowledge for Shellos and Gastrodon, but we have no way of knowing how many others are like this.

CyberCubed
05-10-2016, 09:33 PM
Every gen always has its share of crap pokemon and good pokemon.

For me the most forgettable pokemon nowadays are all the generic grass and bug pokemon. Seriously, there's only so many flowers or butterflies or moths you can make before you forget them all. :lol:

Powder
05-11-2016, 12:38 AM
I have to side with cubed here, because that's what they do. They design more pokemon than will actually be in the game, then just bring out an old idea when they need a new one. It's why the designs are all over the place every time. It's common knowledge for Shellos and Gastrodon, but we have no way of knowing how many others are like this.

That was the case up to gen 4 (unless you count Caracosta) but most everything since then has been newly developed as far as I know. Believe me, I'm not genwunner, & I even favor inanimate object Pokemon which a lot of casuals hate. But even so, if they're still using leftovers, maybe it's high time they stop, after all those designs would've been held back for a reason. Shrug. I just think they could've done better. Felt that way last time around too, but not to this extent. It seems to me like they're growing a bit farther from what I would consider a signature look. There are consistencies between a lot of Pokemon, similar eye shape or style, for example, that these new ones don't call back to at all for the most part. Doesn't feel like Ken Sugimori's work (maybe it's not?).

CyberCubed
05-11-2016, 12:53 AM
Sugimori doesn't design every single pokemon and I don't think he's done that since Gold/Silver. Most of the designs are also done by the various Gamefreak employees. Sugimori probably has to approve them all, or make slight changes or alterations to some before they're finalized, but that's the case.

There's 721 pokemon now, and after Sun/Moon releases we'll have at least 800. Obviously once you literally have 800 something pokemon there's going to be a ton of variation in the designs and tons of duds.

On that note I feel sorry for the young kids of today. They have to memorize 800+ pokemon now from scratch, whereas our generation only went 150+ at a time. :lol:

Powder
05-11-2016, 12:59 AM
I know, but a lot of those guys have done a fine job keeping in line with the sorta stuff he developed. Maybe there's just one dude whose work I'm not keen on, wouldn't be the first time.

CyberCubed
05-11-2016, 01:02 AM
Its confirmed James Turner, a British Gamefreak employee designed some pokemon himself most notable the ice cream pokemon from BW:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/James_Turner

So yeah, a lot of pokemon are probably designed by the Gamefreak or pokemon staff as a whole and not Sugimori anymore.

PangolinFeets
05-11-2016, 02:29 AM
I love Rowlet, but I'm also starting to dig the water starter. I'm not sure.

Litten's name though. XD It sounds like a fandom nickname.

FredWolfLeonardo
05-11-2016, 02:48 AM
I like the designs for all the starters, but... I thought having a seal for the water starter was a bit redundant since we already have oshawott.

Just a tiny nitpick though. I cant wait to see all of their final evolutions. Im hoping litten's final stage is a really kickass looking tiger that doesn't become a fire/fighting type.

CyberCubed
05-11-2016, 03:01 AM
The cat is probably going to be fire/dark when it evolves. It already looks like a dark type even though its first stage isn't.

FredWolfLeonardo
05-11-2016, 03:10 AM
Whatever it becomes, anything but a fire/fighting type. I thought Blaziken was cool, Infernape great but emboar was ridiculous.

Netkeeper
05-11-2016, 04:37 AM
Yup, I believe Bisharp and Pangoro were designed by different people as well. Maybe they ARE moving away from a "signature look" but in my eyes it doesn't really matter, because that just means we'll get even more examples that redefine what a Pokemon's design is. And to me that just seems like how things would naturally progress.

edit: when u didnt notice a whole page was added to the discussion

CyberCubed
05-11-2016, 12:38 PM
Haven't people been saying this since like Hoenn? I remember when Gen III first came out everyone was saying how the Hoenn pokemon looked so different than the Kanto/Johto Pokemon. I love a lot of the Hoenn pokemon and some of my favorites are from that region. But its pretty obvious the designs have been changing considerably after the first two gens.

sdp
05-11-2016, 02:03 PM
The only thing that has gotten consistently uglier/more generic starting with Gen IV is the trainers, Black and White being the exception oddly enough.

turtle1237
05-14-2016, 02:05 PM
The only thing that has gotten consistently uglier/more generic starting with Gen IV is the trainers, Black and White being the exception oddly enough.

I like the looks of Lucas, Dawn, Hilda, Hilbert, Serena, they are great designs.

Papenbrook
05-14-2016, 03:31 PM
I love Rowlet, but I'm also starting to dig the water starter. I'm not sure.

Litten's name though. XD It sounds like a fandom nickname.

Yeah...

LITTEN? REALLY?! :roll:

billbot85
05-15-2016, 07:28 PM
I'm excited for Sun and Moon. I like the new starters, might be choosing either Litten or Rowlet. If Popplio ends up having an awesome evolution, then I might go with him since I usually pick a water type as my starter.

CyberCubed
05-15-2016, 08:51 PM
I probably won't buy the games as I've never played XY or BW/BW2, but I always like seeing the designs for the new pokemon and Gym leaders even if I've lost interest in playing the games themselves.

Netkeeper
05-16-2016, 06:20 PM
I probably won't buy the games as I've never played XY or BW/BW2, but I always like seeing the designs for the new pokemon and Gym leaders even if I've lost interest in playing the games themselves.
Fair. You can probably just flip through the strategy guide when you're in line at Gamestop and get the whole experience that way. :lol:

I like seeing the new designs as I play the game, personally, because for me a new Pokemon journey has its own kind of comfort to it. What makes each one unique are the critters I decide to use along the way. And as long as there are enough monsters to interest me, I'll keep coming back.

CyberCubed
05-16-2016, 06:24 PM
I know the games are still enjoyable, but I've mostly gotten burnt out on playing them since when I was younger I played Gens 1-4 to DEATH. I seriously have 999:59 hours on my old Sapphire cart, and 800 hours on my Leaf Green file. I think my Diamond game had 700 hours too. Let alone the countless hours I spent on RBY and GSC.

Obviously after all that I got burnt out. Nowadays I appreciate the universe of Pokemon and its characters more than actually playing the games. Like I always like looking at the new pokemon designs, and the new human characters and Gym leaders, etc. and look up fanart, etc.

Also between that and the actual games don't change that much between gens outside of the meta game (you're still traveling around routes battling 8 Gym leaders, etc.) so I just like looking at it from afar now. I still consider myself a fan of the franchise.

Prowler
05-16-2016, 08:34 PM
I know the games are still enjoyable, but I've mostly gotten burnt out on playing them since when I was younger I played Gens 1-4 to DEATH. I seriously have 999:59 hours on my old Sapphire cart, and 800 hours on my Leaf Green file. I think my Diamond game had 700 hours too. Let alone the countless hours I spent on RBY and GSC.

Obviously after all that I got burnt out. Nowadays I appreciate the universe of Pokemon and its characters more than actually playing the games. Like I always like looking at the new pokemon designs, and the new human characters and Gym leaders, etc. and look up fanart, etc.

Also between that and the actual games don't change that much between gens outside of the meta game (you're still traveling around routes battling 8 Gym leaders, etc.) so I just like looking at it from afar now. I still consider myself a fan of the franchise.
How can you just sink several hundred hours into these games? Do you raise every Pokémon? Isn't that boring as hell? Because once you beat all the trainers then all you can do, at least in RBY, is play against Elite 4 again and again and face wild Pokémon. And battling wild Pokémon gives you less exp points. So yea, no wonder people used the Missigno glitch and Nintendo kept it in the 3DS VC versions.

Supposedly, once this game comes out you'll be able to transfer your Gen I Pokémon to the Poké Bank. Nintendo should re-release the Gold/Silver remake for he 3DS so people can transfer Gen 2 Pokémon to it as well. And later make a D/P remake.

sdp
05-16-2016, 08:39 PM
As much as the game has changed it hasn't changed a lot so I can understand someone who plays it that much could've gotten burnt out. I'm more of a casual player so when I get burnt out I've only played like 20 hours max and move on. I'm sure eventually you'll want to play them again or try the new game when your interest is rekindled after a long time of not playing.

But anyway since you've spent so much time into the franchise wouldn't you want to buy any of the Gen VI or VII games just to transfer your Pokemon to Pokemon Bank? If not you may lose them forever and once in Pokemon Bank you know that you'll have them forever when you return to play the games and you know all your old monsters you spent hours with are still "with you".

I like the looks of Lucas, Dawn, Hilda, Hilbert, Serena, they are great designs.

Oh there's plenty of character designs in newer games that I love but overall the designs have gotten weaker. I haven't liked a male player character design starting with Gen IV, this includes the remakes of Gen II and Gen III which they actually made the playable characters look worse. Overall designs of characters are worse, you can still find awesome character designs, especially with Gym Leaders but they're still a coin toss.

Prowler
05-16-2016, 10:25 PM
Tbh Gen I had some bad and/pror uninspired Pokémon designs too. It's just that there's lots of nostalgia for it so many people can't bring themselves to criticize it. I mean look at Tangela. What is that even? Running spaghetti with legs? As for unimaginative, Diglet's and Magnemite's evolutions anyone? It's just 3 Diglet's and 3 Magnemites respectively. And Rapidash is just a slightly bigger Ponyta. And let's not forget Voltorb. A poké ball turned into life. And Electrode is an upside down poké ball. Really creative, eh? Golbat was Zubat with a big ass mouth and a huge tongue. Ugliest looking sprite in the game. Eggxecute wasn't exactly a great looking fellow either. And Jynx was... infamous for her controversial design. Need I say anything else?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-16-2016, 10:41 PM
Tbh Gen I had some bad and/pror uninspired Pokémon designs too. It's just that there's lots of nostalgia for it so many people can't bring themselves to criticize it. I mean look at Tangela. What is that even? Running spaghetti with legs? As for unimaginative, Diglet's and Magnemite's evolutions anyone? It's just 3 Diglet's and 3 Magnemites respectively. And Rapidash is just a slightly bigger Ponyta. And let's not forget Voltorb. A poké ball turned into life. And Electrode is an upside down poké ball. Really creative, eh? Golbat was Zubat with a big ass mouth and a huge tongue. Ugliest looking sprite in the game. Eggxecute wasn't exactly a great looking fellow either. And Jynx was... infamous for her controversial design. Need I say anything else?

Mister Mime. Aka, that pantomime expert who can't come within five hundred feet of a school or playground.

ssjup81
05-17-2016, 05:14 AM
I probably won't buy the games as I've never played XY or BW/BW2, but I always like seeing the designs for the new pokemon and Gym leaders even if I've lost interest in playing the games themselves.IMO, I felt B/W was a really good game. At least the story was interesting, imo, espcially with N's character. I liked the irony of the gang. "We believe that Pokemon should be our friends. People shouldn't use them for senseless battle. I'm going to battle you with my Pokemon." lol

Now X/Y felt kind of dumb to me...storywise, but the features in that game was pretty nice. It was nice to make a character that wasn't generically white-looking and it's nice how it had a multilingual option and I hope this feature remains (not sure if the Omega Ruby or whatever it was called, had it). Mega Evolution...meh to me. Couldn't get into it.

TonySiegel
05-17-2016, 12:06 PM
Is anyone going to do a shiny soft reset challenge for the starters with these new games?

haha major time sink...

life is to short...

turtle1237
05-28-2016, 05:58 PM
How can you just sink several hundred hours into these games? Do you raise every Pokémon? Isn't that boring as hell? Because once you beat all the trainers then all you can do, at least in RBY, is play against Elite 4 again and again and face wild Pokémon. And battling wild Pokémon gives you less exp points. So yea, no wonder people used the Missigno glitch and Nintendo kept it in the 3DS VC versions.

Supposedly, once this game comes out you'll be able to transfer your Gen I Pokémon to the Poké Bank. Nintendo should re-release the Gold/Silver remake for he 3DS so people can transfer Gen 2 Pokémon to it as well. And later make a D/P remake.

You mean heart gold and soul silver? You can play the remakes on the 3ds, and you can as of now transfer Pokémon from gen 3 up to gen 6 as of now.

Yes even the Gold Silver remakes can get there Pokémon transfer up to gen 6. It takes work, transfer Heart Gold Soul Silver mons to Black White 1 2, and than onto the Pokémon bank. Than load to your XY ORAS file. In the gen 2 remakes, I was able to trade for Jasmine's Steelix and today its in AS, crummy stats lol. But it belong to Jasmine, and she is one of my favorite trainers.

sdp
06-03-2016, 11:01 PM
There's actually a way to transfer your Gen I games to Gen VII. If you buy a device that can rip the save file from your Gameboy cartridge and then transfer that save file into the SD card containing the data from the Virtual Console Gen I release and there you have your original 20 year old Pokemon in a permanent save file on your 3DS and when Suna nd Moon come out you'll be able to transfer them there through Pokemon Bank. I would totally have done this but sadly my Blue game file was erased last time I tried playing it like a year ago... I know 4 years ago the file still worked...If only it had lasted a little while longer for me to know it would be possible to transfer and I would've done that convoluted process. My Yellow file still worked but that one didn't have any Pokemon team I would go through the effort to get my Pokes.

I like the new region, should be fun, I like the idea of islands and this will be different enough from Hoenn. It'll be like the Sevii islands but more expanded. The legendaries are ok, I like the lion but not the bat. The trainers I like the girls design but the boy is as generic as you can get just like the XY protagonist and even the HGSS and ORAS trainers they just look so generic. I'm liking the characters not being chibi. While I liked the chibi look it's also cool to see them how they're supposed to be. The game still looks super pixelated like BW did when they were revealed. I guess XY was the same but I don't remember it being so pixelated.

CyberCubed
06-04-2016, 12:12 AM
I wonder why GameFreak decided to do two tropical island regions in a row with water. ORAS was the last mainline game and now Alola is the next one, and its the same theme and similar setting.

Probably wouldn't have seemed so odd if XY got a third version game like Z version inbetween them, but since that didn't happen going from ORAS directly to Sun/Moon with the same type of setting feels a bit too similar.

turtle1237
06-05-2016, 10:24 PM
I wonder why GameFreak decided to do two tropical island regions in a row with water. ORAS was the last mainline game and now Alola is the next one, and its the same theme and similar setting.

Probably wouldn't have seemed so odd if XY got a third version game like Z version inbetween them, but since that didn't happen going from ORAS directly to Sun/Moon with the same type of setting feels a bit too similar.

ORAS is really just a remake with glitter on it, and 3d graphics too boot. I don't consider it 2 games in a row.

There was a gap from the games, in DP, to BW and than XY. If in gen 7, they make a DP remake, and the next game takes place in a Europe type of setting, would you consider 2 in a row also?

CyberCubed
06-05-2016, 10:41 PM
ORAS compared to the original R/S is practically a completely new game in terms of graphics and mechanics. Even if its a remake its still the last mainline game in the series. We're going directly from ORAS to Sun/Moon and both games have the same tropical island settings.

Electric
06-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Big deal?

Red and Blue to Gold and Silver was literally the same island

Diamond and Pearl to Heart Gold and Soul Silver were both urban settings

Hell, even those four to black and white (yes technically it was based on New York) was still the same landscape.

OR AS are a tropical island, Sun and Moon are many different tropical islands, and based on the gameplay we've seen, looks like it's going to take a lot of landscape based on Hawaii, which was not in OR AS

Ninturtle
06-25-2016, 05:07 AM
I've been replaying a lot of Pokemon games leading up to Sun and Moon and the worst part of the game for me is spending hours capturing a Pokemon hoping for a specific nature, anyone else on this forum does this for their team members?

Powder
06-30-2016, 02:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1P6qjkp.png

So f**king awful.

turtle1237
06-30-2016, 02:06 PM
I sure we get some amazing pokemon from the game.

Who though fletching would turn into a bad A lol.

really like the dragon looking one though.

AT-Man
06-30-2016, 06:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1P6qjkp.png

So f**king awful.

There's a fat pikachu and a.... car?

Utrommaniac
06-30-2016, 06:22 PM
I think it's supposed to be a battery. A battery whose evolved form is a car battery charger???

The fish cracks me up, though.

Powder
06-30-2016, 06:22 PM
It's a bus. There's wheels, windshield, headlights, the general shape.

Prowler
06-30-2016, 06:28 PM
The one in the middle is the worst. Those teeth will give many people nightmares, I'm sure.

snake
06-30-2016, 06:43 PM
I like the Dragon one but damn. These designs are a little lackluster outside of Rowlette. This is coming from a guy that loves Gen 5 and 6

Ninturtle
06-30-2016, 07:06 PM
It's more like a robotic cacoon, it's the second stage of the early game bug Pokemon.
It's a hedgehog.
It's a bus. There's wheels, windshield, headlights, the general shape.
It's more like a robotic cacoon, it's the second stage of the early game bug Pokemon.

Netkeeper
06-30-2016, 07:09 PM
The round-ball Pikachu is making me laugh really hard you guys. All of these designs are making me laugh, these are ridiculous

Ninturtle
06-30-2016, 07:19 PM
I actually really like most of these designs minus the fish one. the round hedgehog is the best electric rodent since Pikachu,and the beetle is the best looking early bug Pokemon in a while, The dragon looks cool too and there's probably a more bad ass dragon to this region, I also like the Guardian looking thing because it fits the theme of Hawaii.

Utrommaniac
06-30-2016, 07:35 PM
A friend of mine thinks the electric rodent is based off a Pika. (Pie-ka)

Here's what it looks like for those of you that don't know.
https://www.nps.gov/band/learn/nature/images/pika_eats_3.jpg

(My younger brother was completely obsessed with these when he was in elementary school.)

Ninturtle
06-30-2016, 08:02 PM

Here's what it looks like for those of you that don't know.
https://www.nps.gov/band/learn/nature/images/pika_eats_3.jpg

(My younger brother was completely obsessed with these when he was in elementary school.)

It's a hedgehog, spikes come out of his back.

CyberCubed
06-30-2016, 10:04 PM

More like a fat Pachirisu.

Gamefreak's obsession with a new Pikachu clone every gen has clearly taken its toll.

turtle1237
06-30-2016, 10:25 PM
More like a fat Pachirisu.

Gamefreak's obsession with a new Pikachu clone every gen has clearly taken its toll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqQeVI-CUe4

This was funny, even making fun of the many clones lol.

bad words so be warn.

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqQeVI-CUe4

That suck, well just add the h

Powder
06-30-2016, 10:28 PM
It's more like a robotic cacoon,

Obviously, but it's still clearly meant to resemble a bus as a disguise/defense tactic.

Agreed.

Cure
06-30-2016, 10:29 PM
I think they're alright. That flying bug thing stands out as the best to me.

CyberCubed
06-30-2016, 10:33 PM
To be honest new pokemon designs have basically been 50/50 good/bad since DP...and some would say Hoenn.

Its always the bug/grass/fish pokemon and middle stages that look the worst or most bad looking every gen, I don't know why that is. We get some cool bug pokemon but the rest are so generic.

Raph's Girl
06-30-2016, 11:22 PM

Pikachu is based on the Pika. The new one is a hedghog.

I want the fly and dragon! That fish is totally based on a Gourami. Still waiting for a NeNe Goose.

And for a game based on the Hawaiian Islands I was expecting alot of fire and water types but most of these are electric!

Ninturtle
06-30-2016, 11:35 PM
Obviously, but it's still clearly meant to resemble a bus as a disguise/defense tactic.

Agreed.

I personally don't see the bus thing, especially because it's evolution has no reference to transportation.

turtle1237
06-30-2016, 11:53 PM
I personally don't see the bus thing, especially because it's evolution has no reference to transportation.

Hope we get a hot rod pokemon, and for the old timers, a model T pokemon.

CyberCubed
07-01-2016, 12:58 AM
Everyone always hates new pokemon designs at first before they get used to them. This has been going on for like 4 gens in a row.

Powder
07-01-2016, 01:05 AM
Not in my case.

CyberCubed
07-01-2016, 01:13 AM
I remember when the Hoenn, DP, BW and XY pokemon were revealed for the first time, first reactions to a lot of them were negative too. Basically as long as there's been an internet fandom.

There's always going to be a mix of bad/good designs in every gen though, so it doesn't matter.

snake
07-01-2016, 08:35 AM
I've never been disapointed with starters outside of gen 5.

turtle1237
07-01-2016, 10:48 AM
I've never been disapointed with starters outside of gen 5.

I loved all 3 gen 5 starters, yeah other gens had better ones, but each had there own charm. Emboar being my favorite out of the 3.

Ninturtle
07-01-2016, 12:45 PM
Gen 5 probably has my favorite starters, they all look super cute in there first forms and bad a** in there final forms. And the new Pokemon this time around look super creative and unique, especially Topu Koko. I love the idea of an Island Guardian and Topu Koko fits the Hawaii theme very well.

Katie
07-05-2016, 06:39 AM
Pikachu is based on the Pika. The new one is a hedghog.

I want the fly and dragon! That fish is totally based on a Gourami. Still waiting for a NeNe Goose.

And for a game based on the Hawaiian Islands I was expecting alot of fire and water types but most of these are electric!

The fish looks like a Humu Trigger to me. Gourami have feelers for ventral fins....this thing doesn't. Plus Humu Trigger fish are found in Hawaii. Gourami are from Southeast Asia mostly. Anything gourami in Hawaii is there because someone let it go.

CyberCubed
07-05-2016, 08:43 PM
I'm not really feeling the new pokemon designs so far, only one I really like is the koala bear. None of them strike me as, "Oh my god, I can't wait to capture this one in my game" as of yet. But we've only seen like 10 pokemon and there's bound to be at least 70 so hopefully the next bunch are good.

Its pretty obvious at this point GameFreak is retreading old designs with slight variations. Its almost like we know what to expect each time.

sdp
07-05-2016, 08:49 PM
I've liked most Pokemon revealed so far and the whole you grow to like them thing is definitely true. Gen V I can say has terrible designs overall, Gen IV also has tons of bad ones, mostly the evolutions to previous gen Pokemon but nowhere near as many as Gen V. Gen VI was pretty good and I now pretty "much consider Gen III Pokemon almost on the same tier as Gen II which is "not quite Gen I but close".

CyberCubed
07-05-2016, 09:01 PM
Gen V had some really good designs I liked, a lot of meh ones though.

sdp
07-05-2016, 09:05 PM
I'll give Gen V credit that it had awesome looking NPCs including the player characters. All other gens after Gen III are mostly hit or miss with more misses when it comes to character designs, especially when it comes to the player characters. Even the remakes of Gen II and III made the characters far less interesting.

Powder
07-12-2016, 10:27 AM
Finally, some designs I can get behind, a red panda & a ditto-esque ghost.

https://sickr.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/corocoro8161.jpg?w=534&h=400&crop=1

People in Alola are scared of Kiteruguma to the point of having warning signs about it. It is really strong and can break anything in two. It likes to hug its trainers but is strong. Raising one puts your life in danger.

Mimikkyu hates sunlight, preferring dark places. It is rumoured that the cloth covering its body is a strategy to avoid the sun. Don’t try to remove the cloth it is said that those that do become afflicted with an illness.

snake
07-12-2016, 11:09 AM
Finally, some designs I can get behind, a red panda & a ditto-esque ghost.

https://sickr.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/corocoro8161.jpg?w=534&h=400&crop=1

People in Alola are scared of Kiteruguma to the point of having warning signs about it. It is really strong and can break anything in two. It likes to hug its trainers but is strong. Raising one puts your life in danger.

Mimikkyu hates sunlight, preferring dark places. It is rumoured that the cloth covering its body is a strategy to avoid the sun. Don’t try to remove the cloth it is said that those that do become afflicted with an illness.

I like the ghost one.

Cure
07-19-2016, 04:56 PM
vKosBJ1Uko0

Mudsdale, Mimikyu, and Bewear are awesome.

CyberCubed
07-19-2016, 05:04 PM
And more generic grass pokemon. Seriously, looks like the same generic grass pokemon from DP, Cherubi.

The most generic pokemon of every gen are all those grass or flower pokemon. I guess there's only so many pokemon to make out of flowers, pedals, seeds, leaves, etc. They're also always the most forgettable pokemon of each gen besides the fish pokemon.

snake
07-19-2016, 06:09 PM
I like the silverfish looking guy, ghost pikachu, and the horse

turtle1237
07-22-2016, 11:16 PM
Online services for ORAS and XY are on borrow time. Man, it reminds me of the time that the online service for BW/BW2 were cut off. Or in that case the older games.

I curse you Sun and Moon, I curse you too hell.

"Planet of the Apes joke.

http://www.pokemon-gl.com/oras/close_announcement/en/#thanks-campaign

Netkeeper
07-22-2016, 11:20 PM
Man this freaked me the hell out for a second, but it's just related to the Global Link, not any other online services.

turtle1237
07-22-2016, 11:24 PM
Man this freaked me the hell out for a second, but it's just related to the Global Link, not any other online services.

That's a lot of services.

No game synch
bringing items too your game
And the biggest one of all is no rated battle.

Netkeeper
07-22-2016, 11:33 PM
I know, but I got worried about the GTS and Wonder Trade.

turtle1237
07-28-2016, 11:00 PM
Seems with this hyper training breeded might be a thing of the past.

The way I hear it is once your mon gets too a 100, you can now train its IVs or a bottle cap way to level them up? I think I might just get a ditto, level it up, make it 6iv with the bottle caps, assuming there rare, and go from there in the day care.

CyberCubed
08-01-2016, 01:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/fRuwlb7.png

turtle1237
08-01-2016, 01:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/fRuwlb7.png

I am getting tired of all the Kanto Pokémon sneaking into Alola, and taking jobs from hard working Alola Pokémon like Litten.

Go Trumpmon, make that Wall and make Alola great again.

snake
08-01-2016, 01:53 PM
Alola Exeggutor is my new second favorite pokemon. My first is Tangela, and third is Tangrowth

CyberCubed
08-01-2016, 02:08 PM
I really love the ice Vulpix/Ninetails, probably my favorite design.

Powder
08-01-2016, 02:10 PM
My first is Tangela, and third is Tangrowth

Excellent taste. They're top contenders for me as well.

I really love the ice Vulpix/Ninetails, probably my favorite design.

Word, the new forms are easily the best thing to come out of this game design-wise, I think.

CyberCubed
08-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Seems like Mega Evolutions aren't coming back and instead they're just going to give old pokemon new forms like the ice Sandslash and Ninetails, the new Exeggutor and whatever else.

Man, this is going to be so hard to keep track of. It used to just be new pokemon, now we have to keep track of all these new forms for old pokemon too? Crazy.

Makes me think they'll only be 50-70 new Sun/Moon pokemon like Kalos and instead most of the new pokemon will just be new formes.

snake
08-01-2016, 02:15 PM
Seems like Mega Evolutions aren't coming back and instead they're just going to give old pokemon new forms like the ice Sandslash and Ninetails, the new Exeggutor and whatever else.

Man, this is going to be so hard to keep track of. It used to just be new pokemon, now we have to keep track of all these new forms for old pokemon too? Crazy.

Makes me think they'll only be 50-70 new Sun/Moon pokemon like Kalos and instead most of the new pokemon will just be new formes.
You sound too much like /vp/. We're getting a large dex this game. I can tell.

CyberCubed
08-01-2016, 02:16 PM
You sound too much like /vp/. We're getting a large dex this game. I can tell.

I am /vp/.

The last May thread over there was half of my pics.

snake
08-01-2016, 02:17 PM
I am /vp/.

The last May thread over there was half of my pics.

You have to be kidding me, because I'm positive I saw that thread.

turtle1237
08-01-2016, 03:24 PM
I will make Donald Trump part of my team. This is amazing. So no Megas??

I am sort of happy with that. funny I hardly use megas myself. Perhaps I am old school that way? I hope we don't get a Ash=Geninja thing as a replacement.

sdp
08-01-2016, 09:04 PM
I hate different forms but love seeing the old Pokemon with different forms. So I guess this trailer also confirms there'll be no Gyms? I guess it's ok to change the format. This actually gives me vibes of the Orange Islands which is awesome. It actually makes me wonder why they didn't do this before have different forms of old classic Pokemon we all love instead of so many new ones. What I'd do for a canon Crystal Onix, doubt they'll throw a bone to that one shot character though.

turtle1237
08-13-2016, 12:59 AM
Well the new evil team will be called Team Skull. Its not the best name for a villain team, but not the worse, that title goes to team Flare, even though the villain in XY rock. He just could not name his group well lol.

snake
08-13-2016, 01:06 AM
I'm pretty excited so far. The new team looks cool (the girl is hot), the island thing is a nice change, and outside of a couple bland or stupid looking mons everything is great.

Sandcastle is already on my team for sure.

CyberCubed
08-13-2016, 03:31 PM
All the new Alolan forms have been Kanto pokemon so far. Seems like an attempt to appeal to genwunners. At least the Mega Evolutions featured pokemon from every gen.

Ninturtle
08-13-2016, 03:39 PM
I'm cool with the Alaolan Pokémon as long their evolution is explained, such as how Sandslash had to migrate to colder climates because of Volcano eruptions ( it's on the sun and moon site ). The new team looks cool, I like the hip hop feel the theme has.

GoldMutant
08-13-2016, 03:41 PM
All the new Alolan forms have been Kanto pokemon so far. Seems like an attempt to appeal to genwunners. At least the Mega Evolutions featured pokemon from every gen.

Except Gen 5, it only got 1 compared to the others getting several (barring Diancie). :cry:

Man, and I really wanted a Mega Volcarona. Sorry, gen 5 is in some regards my favorite generation, it really disappoints me that Audino was the only one to receive that.

Anyways, I'm liking the new forms, but I'd really appreciate some other generations getting those forms, not just Kanto such as when they primarily dominated the number of Mega Evolution.

Electric
08-13-2016, 03:47 PM
Not crazy about all the new mons. Only ones that stand out are the fully evolved electric bug and Rowlet, which I am actually pumped to see its final evolution.

However, loving these alolan forms. Ninetales has been a favorite of mine since I ran through Leaf Green my first time with one. And now the ice/fairy form? Beautiful. will definitely be on my team with Rowlett.

Also like the Fire Ghost Marowak. Will most likely be on my team as well

Powder
08-13-2016, 05:35 PM
I'm with you, I am so in love with the new forms, but not a fan of most new designs.

CyberCubed
08-13-2016, 05:40 PM
Most of the actual new Alola pokemon are meh. I'm really not a fan of all the generic grass and flower looking pokemon, but then again I never liked those. Also the generic water/fish looking pokemon are always boring.

The good looking ones are the dog, koala bear, woodpecker, the black salamander, the 3-stage beetle's evolved form, the ghost Pikachu clone, and a few others off the top of my head.

TonySiegel
08-29-2016, 05:18 PM
I have an extra darkrai code anyone need it? it expires on the 31st so let me know...

anybody have an extra diancie or hoopa?

peace bros

TonySiegel
08-30-2016, 10:03 AM
just put up an extra giratina on GTS last night... got a diancie back!

doubt its legit though... 5 perfect IVs????!!!

oh well it'll do for now til I can find a legit one... I'm happy I got the pokedex entry with her...

still have an extra darkrai code BTW!

Raph's Girl
09-07-2016, 10:10 PM
Prof. Oak is back!! And even HE has an Alolan form! :o

http://media.comicbook.com/2016/09/professor-oak-198786.jpg

"The Professor Oak seen in the new trailer is sporting a tan and much longer hair, but his name is still listed as "Okido" in the dialogue box, which seemingly confirms they're the same character (Professor Oak's Japanese name is Okido). Since Oak is talking about Alolan forms, they likely gave him a new look to demonstrate the difference between an Alolan variant and its normal look."

http://comicbook.com/2016/09/08/is-professor-oak-in-pokemon-sun-and-moon-/

FredWolfLeonardo
09-07-2016, 10:20 PM
I think Shadow Lugia from Pokemon XD and Shadow Mewtwo from Pokenn tournament could possibly be new alolan forms.

Utrommaniac
09-07-2016, 10:58 PM
Oh god, give the man some aloe!

I'm personally disappointed that there isn't an ice Numel/Camerupt for the moment. Mostly because camels as we know them originally came from cold climates and migrated to the warmer ones.

Raph's Girl
09-07-2016, 11:08 PM
Welp it's apparantly confirmed that it's not the original Prof. Oak but rather his cousin, Prof. Nariya Oak. So yeah he's litterally the Alolan varient of Oak...

http://pokejungle.net/2016/09/07/prof-oak-makes-cameo-new-trailer/

CyberCubed
09-08-2016, 01:39 AM
Oh god, give the man some aloe!

I'm personally disappointed that there isn't an ice Numel/Camerupt for the moment. Mostly because camels as we know them originally came from cold climates and migrated to the warmer ones.

Seems like the new Alola forms are only for Kanto Pokemon. I doubt we'll see Alola variants of any other regions pokemon.

Raph's Girl
09-08-2016, 03:01 PM
Aaand Alolan Oak's first name is Samson! Hope he never bumps into Delia Ketchum! ;)

http://nintendoeverything.com/professor-oaks-cousin-is-samson-oak-in-english/

TonySiegel
09-09-2016, 02:53 PM
yea all the generations should have some aloha forms...

imagine when pokemon reaches #1000 or #2000 in the pokedex...

TonySiegel
10-03-2016, 11:28 AM
So keldeo is being distributed via wifi this month...

volcanion on the 10th at gamestop...

and they also have a promotional hoopa code and darkrai code still i believe...

so glad I have an authentic hoopa now... the one I had was genned got it on wondertrade...

now if they rerelease diancie ill be straight, all legit living dex!

sdp
10-03-2016, 02:44 PM
Yeah I don't know what happened to me in GEN V and VI, I pretty much missed all the event legendaries but thanks to this year I'll have them all with the exception of Diancie which is fine since I'm patient and she'll be re-distributed soon enough, and counting she's the only one not distributed this year she's likely high on the list.

What I'm really bummed about is missing Lance's Dragonite, Cyntias Garchomp from the Classics contests, I only got Erika's Miltank. I totally forget about registration dates. They announce the event that is happening in two weeks and I forget in those two weeks and when they announce something again is that the contest is going to begin but registrations are now closed, very frustrating. I'll trade any of the legendaries we've gotten for them or even take cloned versions.

TonySiegel
10-03-2016, 04:33 PM
Yeah I don't know what happened to me in GEN V and VI, I pretty much missed all the event legendaries but thanks to this year I'll have them all with the exception of Diancie which is fine since I'm patient and she'll be re-distributed soon enough, and counting she's the only one not distributed this year she's likely high on the list.

What I'm really bummed about is missing Lance's Dragonite, Cyntias Garchomp from the Classics contests, I only got Erika's Miltank. I totally forget about registration dates. They announce the event that is happening in two weeks and I forget in those two weeks and when they announce something again is that the contest is going to begin but registrations are now closed, very frustrating. I'll trade any of the legendaries we've gotten for them or even take cloned versions.

I hear you... we must not give up hope on the diancie redistribution!

as far as those special pokemon I won't even bother looking them up cuz I know I'll be pissed that I missed them as well...

turtle1237
10-03-2016, 10:51 PM
I got the Garchomp, but how often do I use the thing over my own Garchomp that I breed? I have it for saying look I got the best champs main mon lol.

Giga impact?

TonySiegel
10-04-2016, 08:59 AM
I got the Garchomp, but how often do I use the thing over my own Garchomp that I breed? I have it for saying look I got the best champs main mon lol.

Giga impact?

so these special mons have exclusive moves? I'm just gonna look up what I missed...

the new trailer was sick! i'm mad with the water starters evolution though...

ciqAkdXQ9dw

sdp
10-04-2016, 03:12 PM
The owner's Pokemon are meant to literally be those trainer's Pokemon. So they're in the level and moves they're most well known for, they're mostly for "I have ____'s Pokemon" and not meant to be powerhouses.

I'm excited for Ash-Greninja but I wonder if it'll be something like Spiky aired Pikachu in Gen IV that can't be traded to future gens.

TonySiegel
10-05-2016, 11:52 AM
The owner's Pokemon are meant to literally be those trainer's Pokemon. So they're in the level and moves they're most well known for, they're mostly for "I have ____'s Pokemon" and not meant to be powerhouses.

I'm excited for Ash-Greninja but I wonder if it'll be something like Spiky aired Pikachu in Gen IV that can't be traded to future gens.

I hear ya gonna do some research...

reminds me of the gym leader packs from the TCG!

turtle1237
10-16-2016, 05:47 PM
Olivia is hot.

snake
10-16-2016, 06:11 PM
That new Muk is pretty hot

CyberCubed
10-18-2016, 02:57 AM
So the whole new Pokedex was leaked. 72 new pokemon, 18 Alola forms of Kanto pokemon, and about 8-10 or so UB's.

Powder
10-18-2016, 04:04 AM
Thanks for the heads up, just checked them all out.

While a lot of the designs feel somehow off to me, like they'd be better suited for a different series or something, there's some pretty good stuff in there overall. I like most of the Alola forms, for one thing. The hair-having Diglett & Geodude evolutionary chains are hilarious. I could see myself using one the many available variants, maybe even Muk, what a wild look.

Not counting Alola forms, these are my favorites (& yes I know one of them is an Ultra Beast)-
http://i65.tinypic.com/ejbguq.png

Hopefully I can manage to make up a team consisting of 6 from this list, or 5 + an alternate gen 1 Pokemon. Still not too keen on the starters, so I may switch out grass-owl early on. I have a buddy who tends to rush through these games, hopefully he can hook me up with what I'm looking for as he did last gen. :D

TonySiegel
10-18-2016, 11:36 AM
wish there was more pokemon but ey its all good...

the shinies look sick to...

still don't like the water starter...

i'll prob pick it anyway but i have to make sure its a female...

snake
10-18-2016, 02:39 PM
What the absolute f*ck? That's it? Only 72 pokemon? Half of them either look the same or overdesigned. Some of these I can't even figure out what they're supposed to be.

Some good stuff. Mostly bad. The alola forms are sweet tho

Ninjinister
10-18-2016, 05:12 PM
There are zero pokemon here that i dislike.

Ninturtle
10-18-2016, 05:32 PM
There are zero pokemon here that i dislike.

There's a few duds but these are some great designs.

sdp
10-18-2016, 10:30 PM
I'm not really going out of my way to spoil myself or remain unspoiled, whatever happens will happen. 72 new Pokemon sounds about right, especiay with the alola forms. What are Ultra beasts?

I played the first part of the Demo and I was surprised at how much I liked it, it does feel like a new game with the new engine. The game reminded me a lot of a very nice PS1 game and PKMN Colosseum, color me hyped. I'm still unsure which version I'll go for but I think I'll go with Sun, do we know any differences besides Pokemon at this point?

CyberCubed
10-18-2016, 10:56 PM
There are 8 Ultra Beasts, they're basically creatures that take the shape of humans during the game. Think of them as psuedo-legendaries or something. Its confirmed you can capture them and they'll likely be treated as legends otherwise.

Utrommaniac
10-18-2016, 11:35 PM
I just played the demo, and I'm really looking forward to the full game because it wasn't incredibly filling. Though, I intend to wait until January so I can get that beast of a Snorlax.

TheBlueTurtle1
10-19-2016, 01:51 AM
Demo was great, gonna be awesome!

Cure
10-19-2016, 01:56 AM
You guys, I don't wanna look but just tell me; besides Mimikyu, are there any bitching ghost types?

CyberCubed
10-19-2016, 02:20 AM
You guys, I don't wanna look but just tell me; besides Mimikyu, are there any bitching ghost types?

Well you've already seen the sand castle pokemon, right? Weren't they part ghost?

Cure
10-19-2016, 02:36 AM
I don't know! Tell me, man! Just gimme a yes or no! Do they bitch or not bitch?

CyberCubed
10-19-2016, 02:40 AM
I'm pretty sure there's at least two new ghost pokemon in the current leaks.

Powder
10-19-2016, 02:42 AM
There's what appears to be a cute ghost legendary, so that's something.

CyberCubed
10-19-2016, 03:04 AM
There's also the pirate mast thing, similar to Smogonsword from XY.

Cure
10-19-2016, 09:43 AM
You mean Aegislash?

snake
10-19-2016, 02:44 PM
There's also the pirate mast thing, similar to Smogonsword from XY.

Get your /vp/ memes out of here

Ceres
11-01-2016, 06:34 PM
I am definitely going to take Litten, this super awesome cute kitty evolves into this awesome looking, super strong wrestling tiger ~

In general i like this generations pokemon a lot, more than the previous region...

Utrommaniac
11-01-2016, 07:42 PM
It's at times like this that I just want to arrange with friends and have all the starters. Their official descriptions are super sweet.

I have less of a problem with Popplio than at the start and I find Brionne Primiarina adorable, the cat person in me loves Litten and how Dwayne the Rock Johnson sings true in Incineroar, and how someone compared the Rowlet line to The Arrow. Cute kid, snobby teenager, Robin Hood.

For some bizarre reason, Steenee and Tsareena remind me of the frog lady from Don Bluth's Thumbelina. Even after I realized that they are technically vastly different...

turtle1237
11-03-2016, 06:18 PM
Cynthia is back.

Utrommaniac
11-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Well, I finally saw Dugtrio on my game.

And the "shady transaction" that happened today was great.
Just turned out to be two old men cooing over each other's Slowpokes. Literally. That...wasn't a euphemism.

turtle1237
11-05-2016, 07:17 PM
Well, I finally saw Dugtrio on my game.

And the "shady transaction" that happened today was great.
Just turned out to be two old men cooing over each other's Slowpokes. Literally. That...wasn't a euphemism.

Yeah 9 days of waiting for that lol. No battle or not even a gift for my time of waiting lol.

Allio
11-09-2016, 08:38 PM
so, new pokedex entries are out

http://kotaku.com/pokemon-sun-and-moon-pokedex-entries-get-pretty-dark-1788760230

they put more emphasis on the more darker aspects, the mega evolutions also get pokedex entries

The excess energy from Mega Evolution spilled over from its mouth, breaking its jaw. It spews endless blizzards.

Mega Evolution also affects its brain, leaving no other function except its destructive instinct to burn everything to cinders.

The excess energy that bathes this Pokémon keeps it in constant danger of overflow. It can’t sustain a battle over long periods of time.

Thanks to Mega Evolution, its child grows. But as the child is good only at fighting and nothing else, its mother feels uneasy about its future.

When it Mega Evolves, it becomes more vicious than ever before. Some say that’s because its excess of power is causing it pain.

Mega Evolution fuels its brutality, and it may even turn on the Trainer who raised it. It’s been dubbed “the blood-soaked crescent.”

CyberCubed
11-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Never understood those Pokedex entries since the actual pokemon never do the things the Pokedex implies, since Pokemon is a kid-friendly franchise.

Allio
11-13-2016, 01:21 AM
it puts them closer on the level of Digimon at least, though at least Digimon lets loose their powers often times.

Tactimon, when his sword is unsheathed, can cut through stars, which is a shard of Susanomon's sword (which we have seen cut through the entire digital world)

Utrommaniac
11-13-2016, 01:43 AM
The Pokédex has always had some pretty dark and horrific entries...and some entries that even have horrific implications. Like Magicarp being able to jump over mountains; there's a lot of terrifying physics behind what that means.

These are nothing really new - and nothing different from the typical entries.

ZariusTwo
11-17-2016, 12:30 PM
The anime will be airing on Disney XD instead of Cartoon Network

https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status/799304453253832704

LeotheLateBloomer
11-18-2016, 06:05 AM
They also obtained the rights to the entire Pokemon anime in the US including all of the previous seasons and the movies.

turtle1237
11-19-2016, 03:44 AM
The plaza in sun and moon is kinda of confusion.

How do you message people with out a shout out type of feature? I cant seem to track down my friends from xy oras from the passerby and VIP mess. Since my friends are not VIP. Is there even a game chat lol.

Seems hard to contact people here.

FredWolfLeonardo
11-19-2016, 03:46 AM
This isn't about the games but has anyone else seen the 2 part premiere of the Sun and Moon anime? If yes, what are your thoughts on it?

sdp
11-19-2016, 06:21 PM
I've been playing, I'm about 3 hours in and I think I'm finally getting out of the tutorial. I like what I have so far. I already transferred my Greninja but I'm wondering if the other timed events from the demo loop because I missed them all but when I played today one guy said an "event" was happening in 5 days so maybe they do loop.

This was also my first physical 3DS game and I'm disappointment, no manual or anything, cartridge is generic color and the box feels cheap. At least I'll be able to re-sell but I expected more.

The plaza in sun and moon is kinda of confusion.

How do you message people with out a shout out type of feature? I cant seem to track down my friends from xy oras from the passerby and VIP mess. Since my friends are not VIP. Is there even a game chat lol.

Seems hard to contact people here.

It's a little confusing to me too but then again the Gen VI version was also a bit confusing for me :lol:

This isn't about the games but has anyone else seen the 2 part premiere of the Sun and Moon anime? If yes, what are your thoughts on it?
I'll wait for an english dub but I saw clips, I don't like the new art style for the show/Ash.

They also obtained the rights to the entire Pokemon anime in the US including all of the previous seasons and the movies.

Does this include streaming? It'd be the end of Pokemon TV...

turtle1237
11-19-2016, 06:42 PM
I've been playing, I'm about 3 hours in and I think I'm finally getting out of the tutorial. I like what I have so far. I already transferred my Greninja but I'm wondering if the other timed events from the demo loop because I missed them all but when I played today one guy said an "event" was happening in 5 days so maybe they do loop.

This was also my first physical 3DS game and I'm disappointment, no manual or anything, cartridge is generic color and the box feels cheap. At least I'll be able to re-sell but I expected more.

It's a little confusing to me too but then again the Gen VI version was also a bit confusing for me :lol:

I'll wait for an english dub but I saw clips, I don't like the new art style for the show/Ash.

Does this include streaming? It'd be the end of Pokemon TV...

I don't mind the plaza, but there should be some message or chat feature like in ORAS, It was so much easier in gen 6, some one shout out I want blastoise or other non event mon, we hook up, and work out what to exchange. And friends with the 3ds has the option of game chat, so in a hour long battle we just chat it out lol.

It seems I am isolation from the other players, I see there avatars lol, but we cant bing each other lol. And how does one get friends in this madness lol.

Cure
11-19-2016, 11:50 PM
So who's everyone rolling with? I got Primarina, Charjabug, Sandygast, Salazzle, Crabrawler, and Skarmory. I had the psychic/flying Oricorio before Skarmory, but that bitch can't even learn Psychic. Useless.

CyberCubed
11-20-2016, 12:14 AM
Do people really only use 6 pokemon? Out of all the new pokemon in a generation?

sdp
11-20-2016, 01:29 AM
I try to only use new Pokemon introduced the generation I'm playing, only exceptions I've had was MegaEvolutions in XY and now Alola forms but technically they're new. I also change my team constantly.

Since I nickname my Pokemon I don't remember their real names and I only nickname the Pokemon I think will stick with me for a while but right now I have Litten, the regional bird, grimer, cubone, meowth and rattata. Most of those will be replaced though but it's the most appealing things I've encountered so far, I got up until before the first challenge.

Cure
11-21-2016, 08:40 PM
Update: Skarmory has been replaced with Beldum, who evolved to Metagross.

sdp
11-21-2016, 09:49 PM
I think I'm a little too slow, I'm about 8 1/2 hours in and I'm only in the daycare of the ranch on the second island.

My team currently consists of the second evolution of the fire starter, the Alola crab Pokemon and the donkey, I have an egg I just got at the daycare the second evolution of the firebird and a cubone in case I like the Alola Marowak but those last three slots could be replaced by cool alola Pokemon I encounter.

CyberCubed
11-21-2016, 09:54 PM
The rumor of Pokemon Stars on the switch makes me want to hold off on buying these games. If the third version is coming in just a year, these games will be obsolete already Plus playing HD versions of the games will be ideal.

turtle1237
11-21-2016, 11:51 PM
The rumor of Pokemon Stars on the switch makes me want to hold off on buying these games. If the third version is coming in just a year, these games will be obsolete already Plus playing HD versions of the games will be ideal.

Hope it has shout out, kinda of hard to ask for a certain mon, if one cant message what they want. X and Y did the online contacts ten times better.

Utrommaniac
12-24-2016, 12:16 AM
A friend (who I have decided to date, but I don't feel like "boyfriend" is the right term to use...feels too kiddy) got me Moon as a Christmas gift.

I decided to start with Popplio and intended to reset until I got a female, because I wanted to name it Saoirse (named after a character who was a Selkie). My guy joked that it would happen in the first try and it did. It was very much a "Mission status: Sick" situation.

For the moment, my team is made up of Ledyba (Francis), Pikipek (Pearl, a super original name), Wingull (Ariel, because I had no ideas), Magnamite (Acme), and Meowth (Bubba...I think Alolan Persian looks a little bit like my cat Bubba).

LeotheLateBloomer
12-24-2016, 12:38 AM

Don't always believe in rumors. Remember when Pokemon Z was said to happen but didn't? Besides whether it's true or not, you're still missing out on a great experience all because of a prettier looking version.