PDA

View Full Version : Original 88 series/autographs

Shreddar90
03-07-2016, 10:05 AM
Hey everybody,

I recently obtained the original 1988 four turtles (Mikey and Don I believe are soft heads) Splinter, and the Foot Soldier for about 20 dollars each (moc). Was this a good deal? How much do they normally go for?

Also, if I were to get them autographed by Eastman and or Laird, does that lower or raise the value?

Thanks!

zaktheneutrino
03-07-2016, 11:41 AM
Hey everybody,

I recently obtained the original 1988 four turtles (Mikey and Don I believe are soft heads) Splinter, and the Foot Soldier for about 20 dollars each (moc). Was this a good deal? How much do they normally go for?

Also, if I were to get them autographed by Eastman and or Laird, does that lower or raise the value?

Thanks!

Yes, that was a great deal! Especially if several are soft heads. Congrats on your pick ups :)

As far as the autos go, I have seen some items go for higher due to having a signature where other items seem to stick around the same price point. I suppose it depends on the buyer and what their preference is. Me, personally, I would rather have these MOC without signatures. At least not from Eastman and Laird. I think it would be cool to have them signed by the voice actors rather than the creators. See what I mean? Personal preference!

Shreddar90
03-07-2016, 12:09 PM
Yes, that was a great deal! Especially if several are soft heads. Congrats on your pick ups :)

As far as the autos go, I have seen some items go for higher due to having a signature where other items seem to stick around the same price point. I suppose it depends on the buyer and what their preference is. Me, personally, I would rather have these MOC without signatures. At least not from Eastman and Laird. I think it would be cool to have them signed by the voice actors rather than the creators. See what I mean? Personal preference!

Cool! Thanks for the insight!

Redrumh2o
03-07-2016, 02:47 PM
Value is a tough thing as people value things differently. After spending time and money to get to a con where Kevin is at, pay his $20+ per item fee, then get to Shellback for FCBD to get Larid IF he is even doing that any more as that is the ONLY place/time has has signed in the last 4 years....and wait in line twice as there is a 2 item per person limit......overall it would cost you a lot to get them signed, probably more than someone is willing to pay if you plan on selling them

If you want them signed for your personal collection and having them signed gives them intrinsic value to you then I would go for it!

Personally I don't like signatures on carded figures....to me they look too busy...plus the artwork on those are amazing

My $.02

MrPliggins
03-07-2016, 05:18 PM
Their worth really depends a lot on their condition. For instance, if the soft heads are unpunched and their packaging is in near mint to mint condition, they could be worth hundreds each at the right time to the right buyer. However, if they have creases on the card, price tag pulls, dented or detached bubbles, etc. They will be worth much lower. Still, I'd say 20 bucks each is a steal regardless.

As for signatures, in general it doesn't up their value, but to some it does. It all depends on the collector and what they are into. I only like signatures if there is a memorable experience to go along with it. I don't like to buy them already signed, that's almost like cheating, haha. And yeah, getting them signed in current times would be quite a feat.