PDA

View Full Version : TMNT on Clearance

Zachatello00
03-08-2016, 05:40 AM
I don't know if this is a local thing or company wide, but I figured it was worth mentioning. My Walmart (Rushville, IN) has the lair with dimension X portal on clearance for 25. I totally bought one. Mutations figures were also 5 a piece.

turtlefanforever
03-08-2016, 06:03 AM
It's everywhere. Nobody wants them. The show is dying

Huzzah
03-08-2016, 06:11 AM
The electronic lair was kinda dumb anyway. Then again I bought the original one from Nick for 10 dollars, repainted it, displayed a short while then realized it was too big to keep up, and the amount of playable/display space was kind of useless.

JetsAndHeels
03-08-2016, 07:05 AM
I also got the big Half Shell Heroes Leo (the one that stores your hsh figures) for $7 at my local walmart.

tmntman
03-08-2016, 07:13 AM

It's not everywhere. Walmart in particular is very odd about putting things on clearance with some areas getting deep discounts while others will get almost none. I have seen the lair in the clearance section of a couple of the local Walmarts as well. But around here they haven't reduced the price at all at one store and it is still $75 at another.

Zak The Neutrino
03-08-2016, 08:22 AM
The only place that still has Lairs by me is TRU. Walmart sold out during the holidays and Target clearanced them for $40 by me.

zaktheneutrino
03-08-2016, 09:49 AM

The show is dying because crappy Mutation figures and another product from the line that nobody wants is on sale? :lol:

Master Splinter
03-08-2016, 10:42 AM
The show is dying because crappy Mutation figures and another product from the line that nobody wants is on sale? :lol:

Of course the show is dying. Why else would they be doing this epic crossover episode? /sarcasm

-ms

Autbot_Benz
03-08-2016, 11:23 AM

your in an idiot. the show isn't dying they are hyping up a crossover episode with the 80's turtles. go back under your rock.

Powder
03-08-2016, 11:25 AM
Hope it's happening my neck of the woods, I should be going to Wal-mart today. A Dimension X April for 5 bucks would be great.

strawberryfields
03-08-2016, 01:46 PM

Good- I can't stand the new nick show. It has none of the charm of the original series. At least the 2k3 series was entertaining as a comic-book cartoon

The design of the nick toys have been awful, save for the first wave and a few exceptions. So generic- zero imagination.

Of everything that's been released since TMNT came back in 2003, my favorite so far have been the Mega Bloks classic line that came out within the last 6 months

your in an idiot. the show isn't dying they are hyping up a crossover episode with the 80's turtles. go back under your rock.

Just watched the Promo. Looks Ok, i guess

Powder
03-08-2016, 01:56 PM
The show itself, it's not dying at all, that's just TFF's shtick. He hates the series & rails against it sometimes.

The toyline, on the other hand, who knows. I'm sure the movie toys will be a boost for Playmates.

strawberryfields
03-08-2016, 02:00 PM
The show itself, it's not dying at all, that's just TFF's shtick. He hates the series & rails against it sometimes.

The toyline, on the other hand, who knows. I'm sure the movie toys will be a boost for Playmates.

Could be. My walmart never sells out of the nick figures but they're always sold out of the Mega Bloks classics...

I hope Mega Bloks canabalizes playmates sales numbers. They don't deserve the license. I'm surprised Playmates even let Mega Bloks make such great action figures since they were worried about NECA cutting into their sales way back...

thundermaster612
03-08-2016, 03:45 PM
I also got the big Half Shell Heroes Leo (the one that stores your hsh figures) for $7 at my local walmart.

Woah, me too dude
also commenting on this thread normally, I don't have a sewer lair so I actually might just pick that up

thundermaster612
03-08-2016, 03:49 PM

Yes, the show is dying, they are planning a crossover special, the figures are selling well, and more episodes and seasons have been confirmed, the show is definitely dying...
OF COURSE IT ISN'T
I can see why you hate the 2k12 franchise (cause Nick and Nick sucks now) BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THE SHOW IS DYING!!!!

I'm not overreacting what are you going on about?

Powder
03-08-2016, 06:07 PM
Could be. My walmart never sells out of the nick figures but they're always sold out of the Mega Bloks classics...

I hope Mega Bloks canabalizes playmates sales numbers. They don't deserve the license. I'm surprised Playmates even let Mega Bloks make such great action figures since they were worried about NECA cutting into their sales way back...

Well, that could just be a distribution thing, seeing or not seeing a product doesn't necessarily confirm how hot they are. But yeah, it's true, Playmates stuff does not seem to move that well anymore (their own fault, really, the figures have gone drastically down in quality). Anyway, MB & PM do different kinds of product, one besting the other won't change anything, they're in different leagues.

dragonside
03-08-2016, 06:20 PM
haven't seen any sales like that in Canada. Seems to be doing alright. I could say its definitely slowed, but probably because more of an economy thing, rather than its popularity.

Huzzah
03-08-2016, 07:18 PM
The shelves at my walmart tend to usually be pretty sold down, the basic figures anyway, the vehicles as well. The Mutations and mix and match stuff not so much. I've pretty much avoided all of it though as the quality continues to decline. I will be buying some of the new movie stuff... not the Lair mind you, but several of the other pieces.

oldmanwinters
03-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Gonna have to check it out! :tcool:

IndigoErth
03-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Lucky, last I checked my Walmart still hadn't really restocked TMNT since the holidays, other than the new Mega Bloks stuff. :ohwell: (3/9 - Correction, they have finally restocked a modest amount.)

If they gave up on carrying the Nick figures (after they were so overstocked for a long time with all the stuff people already owned - but who's fault is that), hope they'll at least get the movie stuff, eesh.

Zachatello00
03-09-2016, 07:34 AM
Hope it's happening my neck of the woods, I should be going to Wal-mart today. A Dimension X April for 5 bucks would be great.

It was only the Mutations figures that I saw for $5.00. Basic figures were still at full price.

Powder
03-09-2016, 03:06 PM
Ah, well even that is too much for those horrible things. :tlol:

inaheap
03-09-2016, 03:36 PM
It was only the Mutations figures that I saw for $5.00. Basic figures were still at full price.
That might be because they realized very few people want these. They are trying to make room for new stuff.

As for the lair; I think I fell where a lot of people did. The special affects just weren't enough to justify the cost of a whole new lair.

CyberCubed
03-09-2016, 03:51 PM
The show isn't dying at all. Its already been renewed through Season 5 and I suspect it'll have a 7 season run minimum by the time it ends.