PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Sewer DVD releases in other regions

Kirben
03-09-2016, 07:57 PM
The DVD releases of Back to the Sewers by Magna Pacific in Australia are well known, but were there any other English DVD releases? I'm wondering if any better DVD release exists, in terms of video quality.

The season was released as 'Tilbage Til Kloakken', over four DVD volumes in Denmark, but in Danish only.

evan2000
03-09-2016, 11:17 PM
There's a bootleg copy on eBay claimed to have been recorded from the original US airing back then.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Back-to-the-Sewers-13-Episodes-1-Disc-TMNT-2003-/121912504899

Legality aside, it's probably the only NTSC copy of BttS in existence (for now).

TheSkeletonMan939
03-10-2016, 03:30 PM
For NTSC - alternatively, you could purchase the Australian DVDs and run the videos through eac3to with a PAL -> NTSC transcode. But unless you author a DVD you'd have only your computer to play them back. :/

ToTheNines
03-10-2016, 03:56 PM
I broke the region code on my dvd player and I can watch all the Australian releases. It's possible, just takes a ton of research.

CyberCubed
03-10-2016, 10:31 PM
The two best episodes of BTTS were, "The Engagement Ring" and "Hacking Stockman." Just as good as any past 2k3 episodes besides the animation.

I'm also fond of the first two episodes and the finale. Wish the cyber world stuff was kept to a minimum though.

dragonside
03-12-2016, 08:54 AM
for some specifics, i broke one of those phillips hdmi dvd players - the picture looked okay from the australian dvds, however, I do realize that the picture quality of these weren't the best for some reason. Probably didn't really encode them with care.