PDA

View Full Version : Any boardgamers here?

Krutch
03-11-2016, 10:30 AM
Collecting and playing boardgames has always been a passion of mine. I've got about 2 closets full of different games and expansions... a huge chunk of which I haven't even gotten around to unboxing yet.

Any serious boardgamers here? What's some of your favourites?

Amaranthus
03-11-2016, 10:45 AM
Everybody's playing checkers, but I've been playing chess for years.

The Deadman
03-11-2016, 12:27 PM
I'm all about that Monopoly, oh and Trouble...I was addicted to that game for years.

Powder
03-11-2016, 02:03 PM
I loved them in my youth but then I reached a point where nobody wanted to play them anymore so I haven't since. Totally would though, if I had friends that were willing.

TonySiegel
03-18-2016, 10:10 AM
http://www.ultrastratego.com/gfx/originalstratego.jpg

I just bought this version of stratego for 5$ at the flea market a few weeks ago... it wasn't sealed but it had all the stickers, instructions, and the pieces were still sealed in their bags... the board is perfect as well...

glad i held out on buying it online definitely a steal...

must've played 4-5 games on it since getting it...

loved this game as a kid...

i want to play dungeons and dragons!

Prowler
03-18-2016, 09:58 PM
I loved them in my youth but then I reached a point where nobody wanted to play them anymore so I haven't since. Totally would though, if I had friends that were willing.
This.

I used to play Monopoly with my family a lot when I was kid. Chess. Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit occasionally as well. But haven't touched any of those games in ages. I did play Chess sometimes in high school, but never invested time enough in it to become a good player. I played it with my classmates mostly for fun and to kill time during breaks or after classes were over.

I've heard that the concept of board cafés is gaining popularity. Never been to one, though. Has anyone here been to one?

DarkFell
03-18-2016, 10:20 PM
I like playing board games, but I usually run into the issue of having no one to play with.

However, there are several student centers on my campus where we
can hang with eath other and play games when we don't have classes.

So, I'm gonna bring a board game with me next week.

Krutch
03-27-2016, 09:28 PM
I've heard that the concept of board cafés is gaining popularity. Never been to one, though. Has anyone here been to one?

Yep! A date I went on once actually suggested it to me, which was a nice surprise.

There's one in Vancouver that I used to go all the time with my ex called the Storm Crow Tavern. If you can get past the in-your-face hipster vibe of the place its a nice hangout. And who doesn't like rolling random D20 shots?
http://s11.postimg.org/6t8m3kn77/webp12_798x1024.jpg

Krutch
05-30-2016, 10:04 AM
After it being in my closet for about 3 or 4 years, I finally gave Galaxy Trucker a go. Hilarious with the right people. But its definitely one of those "strategy" games that's entirely dependant on the randomness of the deck. Which I think adds to the random/zany element of the game, personally. But I know some people who will completely hate that they spent so much time constructing the perfect ship just for it to be overtaken and enslaved in the first two turns due to random events.

justforapic
11-02-2016, 04:06 PM
I can't find a good opportunity to play one. Back in the day Monopoly, Small Soldiers, and Chess were good ones. People I know still play cards though.