PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Recording Question

XERO
03-12-2016, 12:14 PM
I usually never make a thread on here, but I need help from the homies.

You know how the PS4 records gameplay by the Share button, but there's a 15-minute limit on it?

My question is is there a way to increase the limit, or am I just stuck with that? I've been wanting to upload gameplay vids on my YouTube channel, but I don't want them to cut off or anything like that, you know?

I've only had my PS4 since December, so I'm still getting used to it. Haha.

Anyway, thanks.

The Deadman
03-12-2016, 12:44 PM
You could always stream to Twitch and then upload whatever you played that way.

XERO
03-12-2016, 02:16 PM
Well, that's the thing, I prefer to put it on YouTube instead.

I'm not really trying to play it live, more like make a walkthrough of the game, if that makes sense.

The Deadman
03-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Well you can export your videos from Twitch directly to YouTube. If your YouTube account has the default 15 minute upload limit you're kinda screwed.

XERO
03-12-2016, 07:37 PM
Haha, yeah.

Update-wise, a friend of mind said he'd give me his old capture card device, so I might have an alternative. We'll see what happens.

chrisdude
03-13-2016, 12:49 AM
It's my understanding that the PS4 only records a rolling 15 minutes, and I haven't heard of any way to change it. Gameplay can't be captured retroactively, of course, so the PS4 is recording at all times. The maximum is probably just in place to limit how much hard drive space will be permanently occupied by HD video.

But the Twitch thing should totally work.

(PS: Whenever you share video, even if you trim it before posting, that 15 minutes is saved indefinitely. If you use the share feature regularly, you may find gigabytes worth of video that you can delete, if you ever need space.)

Shark_Blade
03-13-2016, 12:56 AM
Buy Elgato Game Capture HD; works smoothly for me. I've been recording lots of games with it and upload to youtube, latest being Life is Strange on PS4. :tlove:

ProactiveMan
03-14-2016, 03:42 AM
The PS4 only records 720p also as far as I can tell - and it takes ages to copy the videos via USB.

Krutch
03-14-2016, 09:11 AM
Buy Elgato Game Capture HD; works smoothly for me. I've been recording lots of games with it and upload to youtube, latest being Life is Strange on PS4. :tlove:

Love me some Life is Strange :D

Shark_Blade
03-16-2016, 08:23 AM
Love me some Life is Strange :D
It's a great game tbh! Here's an example video I captured. It can capture up to 1080p but my poor laptop can handle so much so I cap it to 720p.

h_xi4338h3A

You can see the complete videos on my channel. :D

XERO
03-17-2016, 03:41 PM
Still waiting for my friend to stop by with his card. Once it's here, I'll take a pic and all that.