PDA

View Full Version : Non-TMNT IDW comics?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-15-2016, 12:14 PM
So what other series by IDW do people read?

I'm a huge fan of their Ghostbusters series, and so should anybody else who likes Ghostbusters. Seriously, it makes the new McCarthy trailer even MORE depressing. :tlol:

I JUST discovered an original series "The October Faction"... man, it's good! Sort of a serious Addams Family vibe, a family of monster hunters who can see ghosts and stuff? I'm not sure where it's going yet, but I am loving it.

I know IDW produces GI Joe and Transformers, but I honestly have no interest in those. What other IDW series do you guys read?

Candy Kappa
03-15-2016, 12:50 PM
Jem and the Holograms, it's amazing. And Sophie Campbell is the artist.

CyberCubed
03-15-2016, 12:56 PM
I don't read any other IDW comics. In fact I don't follow any comics outside of TMNT besides Usagi Yojimbo from Dark Horse. And even then I buy the TPB's and don't buy the single issues, so its just about once a year for that too.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-15-2016, 01:18 PM
Does IDW have any other original series people here can recommend? Jem and the Holograms appeals to me even less than GI Joe or Transformers. :trazz:

Candy Kappa
03-15-2016, 01:25 PM
You monster.

:P

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-15-2016, 01:29 PM
You monster.

:P

Yes! That's why I'm reading "The October Faction!" :trazz:

Candy Kappa
03-15-2016, 01:43 PM
Feel the music!

http://orig10.deviantart.net/7797/f/2015/173/5/7/fashion_and_fame_by_mooncalfe-d8xtaie.jpg
http://mooncalfe.deviantart.com/art/fashion-and-fame-540523382

TonySiegel
03-15-2016, 02:12 PM
i was gonna buy issue 1 of jem when it dropped... because you know the art and its another #1 for the collection... but my brother gave me that look... so i put it down...

a grown man cannot read jem without getting judged...

good thing sabrina's comic with archie horror is supreme status!

I have the whole transformers regeneration one collection... and am building up the transformers vs. gi joe run up to issue #5 so far...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-15-2016, 02:18 PM
Feel the music!

http://orig10.deviantart.net/7797/f/2015/173/5/7/fashion_and_fame_by_mooncalfe-d8xtaie.jpg
http://mooncalfe.deviantart.com/art/fashion-and-fame-540523382

I'll grant that is some amazing art, but why should I care? Care to sell me on the story and characters? :trazz:

Candy Kappa
03-15-2016, 02:38 PM
I suck at selling/pitching stuff, I tried to explain the TMNT IDW origin to someone and they never replied back.

But Matthew Peterson of Major Spoilers gives it a thumbs up.
http://majorspoilers.com/2015/03/30/jem-and-the-holograms-1-review/

FluffySheep
03-16-2016, 06:04 AM
I've recently bought the Ghostbusters: Total Containment OHC so I'm working my way through that at the moment. I'm up to issue 8 and I'm really enjoying it. This is the only other IDW stuff I've read apart from TMNT, but I'm tempted to try out Transformers too.

Spike Spiegel
03-17-2016, 11:37 AM
I've bought all their "Ghostbusters" stuff and the Mirage TMNT Ultimate Editions (still need to get Vol. 6), as well as their special hardcover edition of "The Rocketeer" and some artbooks by Dave Stevens and Amanda Conner. The "Back to the Future" comic is pretty good, too.

Outside of certain Marvel and DC omnibi, IDW is pretty much my go-to comic company these days.

myconius
04-03-2016, 12:27 AM
i used to read Judge Dredd by IDW.
bought all issues 1-30 from the first creative team.

it was ok, but it wasn't amazing. a far cry from the classic Judge Dredd.

didn't bother continuing once they started the Dredd re-launch.

Allio
04-04-2016, 09:54 PM
Ghostbusters
Transformers
Godzilla
TMNT

these are the essentials of IDW comics

plastroncafe
04-04-2016, 10:12 PM
The Ghostbusters/Turtle crossover was probably my favorite comic arc of last year. I've fallen behind on GB, but the damn if that title isn't amazing, from the art to the way the writers capture the characters.

Not to mention all the inside jokes, from Elwood Blues to Fletch.
Great stuff all around.

myconius
04-04-2016, 10:17 PM
how many Ghostbusters series does IDW publish?

Allio
04-05-2016, 05:43 AM
Vol 1 (36 issues)
Ghostbusters/TMNT
Ghostbusters Get real
Ghostbusters Annual
Ghostbusters international (new ongoing)

it's all the same continuity

myconius
04-05-2016, 05:58 AM
Vol 1 (36 issues)
Ghostbusters/TMNT
Ghostbusters Get real
Ghostbusters Annual

thank you very much! :D

this helps a LOT!

Etsyturtle2
04-05-2016, 12:24 PM
I read the Godzilla series by IDW.

ProphetofGanja
06-13-2016, 10:27 AM
Vol 1 (36 issues)
Ghostbusters/TMNT
Ghostbusters Get real
Ghostbusters Annual

is GB International an ongoing or a miniseries?

I read all the other IDW Ghostbusters stuff, it was pretty good. Dan Schoening's art is great and the writing is right in line with the tone of the movies.

ProphetofGanja
06-13-2016, 10:29 AM
So what other series by IDW do people read?

Locke & Key by IDW was phenomenal, although its over now. At least that'll make it easier to read as its been collected in TPBs and a couple different HCs now. But yeah, the writing from Joe Hill and art by Gabriel Rodriguez combine to make one of the best comic series ever.

If you're reading The October Faction I imagine you'd be able to get into it. I may give The October Faction a try based on your comparison to the Addams Family

Utrommaniac
06-13-2016, 10:30 AM
While it's pretty much just TMNT right now, I've been mulling over reading Jem and the Holograms, if only just to bask in Sophie's art style. It can wait for now, I have other things to do first.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-13-2016, 11:02 AM
Locke & Key by IDW was phenomenal, although its over now. At least that'll make it easier to read as its been collected in TPBs and a couple different HCs now. But yeah, the writing from Joe Hill and art by Gabriel Rodriguez combine to make one of the best comic series ever.

If you're reading The October Faction I imagine you'd be able to get into it. I may give The October Faction a try based on your comparison to the Addams Family

I actually just recently read through the entirety of Locke & Key. Heartbreaking stuff in there... so good. I'd heard of it before and didn't know it was an IDW publication.