PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened...

thundermaster612
03-15-2016, 04:35 PM
..to the Turtle Van from the first 2014 movie. Someone probably said something about it somewhere but I haven't heard anything on it, did Donnie turn it into the garbage truck (or as I call it the Battle Shell) which is probably not what happened or did it get destroyed. Are they keeping it as a secondary vehicle or something? does anybody know anything?

graphic_content
03-15-2016, 04:40 PM
..to the Turtle Van from the first 2014 movie. Someone probably said something about it somewhere but I haven't heard anything on it, did Donnie turn it into the garbage truck (or as I call it the Battle Shell) which is probably not what happened or did it get destroyed. Are they keeping it as a secondary vehicle or something? does anybody know anything?

while i know nothing about it story-wise...when I was following production it was spotted (and photographed) on the set of the sequel, so hopefully they'll explain why its no longer in use, but I'm willing to bet like anything else Donnie gets his hands on, he just makes better versions.

thundermaster612
03-15-2016, 04:46 PM
while i know nothing about it story-wise...when I was following production it was spotted (and photographed) on the set of the sequel, so hopefully they'll explain why its no longer in use, but I'm willing to bet like anything else Donnie gets his hands on, he just makes better versions.

Do you think you could find the pic so I can see it? I'm going to do some digging aswell to find out more about its purpose on set
(EDIT: found the pic)

Galactus
03-15-2016, 07:10 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that when April infiltrates TCRI she's wearing a wire of some kind and the turtles are monitoring from the van outside.

Of course why the Foot wouldn't be able to tell the van with giant wheels and prominent shell motif belongs to the turtles but at this point they are priding themselves on how little sense this movie has to make.

IndigoErth
03-15-2016, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I remember seeing a pic of it sitting in a parking lot where they were keeping some stuff for the film. Had been on here, but were it got to since last summer may take some digging...

TigerClaw
03-15-2016, 08:45 PM
I remember posting the images of the 1st Turtle van in the TMNT 2 Sets Photos/Videos thread, which is this one.

https://igcdn-photos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11230408_1443987682565492_1931095545_n.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEGx7EFXIAAiZ12.jpg

ToTheNines
03-15-2016, 09:21 PM
I wiped my ass with it.

DarkFell
03-15-2016, 09:43 PM
Judging from what I've seen in the trailers, it probably got reconstructed into the garbage truck looking Turtle Van just so it could hold the extra stuff in the back of the van.

TigerClaw
03-15-2016, 09:50 PM
Judging from what I've seen in the trailers, it probably got reconstructed into the garbage truck looking Turtle Van just so it could hold the extra stuff in the back of the van.
I bet we will see it at the beginning of the movie before the freeway chase, The Turtles see the 1st van, and Donnie is like "Were gonna need something more powerful" and he unveils the turtle truck.

IndigoErth
03-15-2016, 10:02 PM
It's a cute little thing, if a bit cramped for them, hope they don't destroy it. Four brothers, plus rat dad and a friend or three as well that might be with them... having two vehicles would be a plus.

But I'd still like to know where they are building and keeping these things. lol Surely they must have their own garage like 2003, I mean come on.

Wildcat
03-16-2016, 12:10 AM
I'd like to actually own that van. Just have to open up the front window. Like take off the paint.

I wonder if it'd be street legal. It looks like it would fit into a normal parking space.

Powder
03-16-2016, 12:42 AM
Definitely not street legal in NY, for multiple reasons.

IndigoErth
03-16-2016, 12:56 AM
Probably only street legal in Russia or somewhere like that, somewhere where people do not seem to frigging give a care. :tlol: (Or so those videos of crazy drivers would make me think. lol)

Since the thing is driven, I'm thinking it may be a film or something on the windshield that's able to be seen through from the back, at least at close range to some degree.

Maybe they used 2-way mirror glass for the windshield and laid an otherwise somewhat transparent film over it?

Galactus
03-16-2016, 02:36 AM
Y'know as much as I give this particular vehicle a hard time for it's size and being too obvious a "hero turtle mobile" for characters operating in secrecy it's funny that this did aim and shoot a pretty effective missile.

Yet their new main vehicle seemingly can only muster spitting out manholes and goofy arm operated giant nunchuks. Not that this movie will be concerned about such things but you have to wonder why Donatello downgraded so drastically.

IndigoErth
03-16-2016, 03:35 AM
I dunno, Leo's pretty overwhelmed by the amount of buttons (Donnie, why you no go over this with your co-pilot??), so either there's a lot in theory it could but probably won't bother doing or... Donnie just likes to give the appearance of overdoing it; which, given all his gear last time, may be true. :tlol:

Just hit all the buttons, Leo, most don't do anything anyhow.

*pounds fist on dashboard* "Why is nothing happening??"

Wildcat
03-16-2016, 03:57 AM
I was thinking it could be street legal because there's nothing hanging off or sticking out of it except the tires which is a legal modification people have done to their cars. It's just hard to tell how much these stick out.

There's custom OT vans that are legal and some hot rods that you would think not.

guppy8466
03-16-2016, 11:21 AM

Maybe at the end of the first one when they drive by April, the deleted scene, the van ran over a small amount of ooze n the van IS the garbage truck now. Just took a long time Bc it was such a small amount........u know....Bc #Michaelbay #transformers. I'm sure I'm wrong, but god, please let me be wrong

Galactus
03-16-2016, 12:04 PM
I bet we will see it at the beginning of the movie before the freeway chase, The Turtles see the 1st van, and Donnie is like "Were gonna need something more powerful" and he unveils the turtle truck.

Didn't Form and Fuller confirm when that freeway chase was being filmed that it's the first scene.

Unless such a scenario is done via flashback we see the new truck first. So yes they've got multiple vehicles and honestly how weird is it that the first scene in a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie is a car chase and one taken out of the Way Out Wacky Races.

shuriken
03-16-2016, 12:18 PM
Was probabaly destroyed at some point and the TMNT opted to "upgrade" with a garbage truck. Very similar to what happened to the Battle Shell.

IndigoErth
03-16-2016, 04:44 PM
I was thinking it could be street legal because there's nothing hanging off or sticking out of it except the tires which is a legal modification people have done to their cars. It's just hard to tell how much these stick out.

There's custom OT vans that are legal and some hot rods that you would think not.
Ehhh... at the very least, that windshield (and maybe front side windows depending) may be a big no-no in a lot of places. Tires could be questionable in some places if they aren't normal ones intended for everyday use and aren't good for the road surface.

Does it fit in a parking space, or did someone just do a bad parking job. lol

However, I'm curious if it's license plate is legit.

If NYC had to go to the DMV for inspection like my state does (and wait in a line of cars to go through a couple different checkpoints if it's a busy day) that would be a blast seeing that there. :tlol:

TigerClaw
03-16-2016, 05:23 PM
How about if the 1st Turtle Van is being used for an undercover operation, The turtles are in the Van, and monitoring April as she sneaks into a building wearing a Halloween costume, she would be wearing some sort of device so that the Turtles can hear April talking to Baxter Stockman, and trying to get some information from him.

IndigoErth
03-16-2016, 05:42 PM
How about if the 1st Turtle Van is being used for an undercover operation, The turtles are in the Van, and monitoring April as she sneaks into a building wearing a Halloween costume, she would be wearing some sort of device so that the Turtles can hear April talking to Baxter Stockman, and trying to get some information from him.
Yeah, sorta like this? ⇩
I have a sneaking suspicion that when April infiltrates TCRI she's wearing a wire of some kind and the turtles are monitoring from the van outside.

thundermaster612
04-04-2016, 01:53 PM
Maybe they use it in that Brazil scene and it blows up because Rocksteady's tank, if you look closely in the trailer at that scene you can actually see the turtles floating on what looks like car remains (Mikey's sitting on a tire)

Powder
04-04-2016, 02:59 PM
They're clearly plane remains.

thundermaster612
04-04-2016, 03:23 PM
So I'm guessing that plane they landed on is going to crash? so much for saving the people

Powder
04-04-2016, 04:23 PM
Yeah, I'm certain that's what goes down. Besides it being a safe assumption with Bay on board, stringing together what we've seen & read strongly suggests it.

IndigoErth
04-04-2016, 08:33 PM
If they can survive a plane crash in a jungle, these are some seriously indestructible Turtles. lol

so much for saving the people
I was assuming it may be a cargo plane rather than an airliner. If that's the case then minimal people, and they may be on the enemy side anyhow.

That would be a good trick to get the van on the plan unnoticed though.