PDA

View Full Version : Did this movie touch you?

turtlefanforever
03-17-2016, 05:15 PM
Did this movie touch you?
Where did it touch you?

turtlefanforever
03-17-2016, 05:17 PM
With all the hate it gets there are some people who adore the film.

It can be seem to some as a very touching picture.

If you found the movie touching. As in touched your heart, soul or mind. Where did it hit home for you?

Autbot_Benz
03-17-2016, 05:19 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/sw8gpf.jpg

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-17-2016, 05:26 PM
Yay, molestation jokes.

Keep it classy, 'Dromers...

Ninturtle
03-17-2016, 05:29 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/sw8gpf.jpg

It's really obvious.

Autbot_Benz
03-17-2016, 05:32 PM
It's really obvious.

I know just wanted to make sure. TROLLfanforever strikes again. :lol:

TrickOrTreater
03-17-2016, 05:52 PM
This is stupid. You're stupid.

Shark_Blade
03-17-2016, 05:53 PM
It touched me, and I touched it back...

On serious note: Raph's confession scene when they plummeted to their "death".

Slade
03-17-2016, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I've still got the flyer it sent out from when it had to register for the first time....

:roll:

snake
03-17-2016, 06:19 PM
Everywhere

TheSkeletonMan939
03-17-2016, 06:22 PM
On serious note: Raph's confession scene when they plummeted to their "death".

No one seems to talk about this scene. The one almost-redeeming quality of the film... but then they negated it for a fart joke or something.

Etsyturtle2
03-17-2016, 06:41 PM
No one seems to talk about this scene. The one almost-redeeming quality of the film... but then they negated it for a fart joke or something.

No, actually, no innuendos or fart jokes in that scene.

plastroncafe
03-17-2016, 06:42 PM
I would consider Raph's characterization in that movie the highlight of it.

thundermaster612
03-17-2016, 06:52 PM
Dammit, I'm late. Now I cant make a molestation joke :tmad:

DarkFell
03-17-2016, 07:15 PM
Where did it [this movie] touch you?
Uhhhh....
https://38.media.tumblr.com/065149c43c994047b9784e6d55c937a2/tumblr_nlmvegMDHh1u3dvtto1_500.gif
Did that question really had to be asked, because that read across as awkward in my mind and from the looks of the responses, I'm not alone.
But to answer your question, I wasn't nowhere as 'touched' by 2014 PDMT movie as I was taken with the 1990 TMNT movie.

Bry
03-17-2016, 07:26 PM

I would consider Raph's characterization in that movie the highlight of it.

I mean... I get what they were going for with that moment, but it fell totally flat, because nothing in the movie up to that point earned it at all. You had one moment of Raph saying he was leaving, 75-ish minutes of... not really doing much to sell the relationships or the bond, and then a sudden heartfelt speech immediately following a video-gamey clowny nonsense action scene. That is a wet fart.

Watching that, I felt like the only way to get any emotion from that moment is if you brought that emotion for the characters from previous versions of the franchise, not the movie itself. The writing was pretty incompetent.

IndigoErth
03-17-2016, 07:38 PM
Wouldn't really say there was anything touching about it. April as a kid saving the Turtles and Splinter could have been, but how it played out... meh. They kind of ruined it by her just ditching them.

Edit: Actually, wait. Baby Turtles, that fits. But that's about it.
http://49.media.tumblr.com/b96fc67f99965e61b93d9ab108fcff91/tumblr_nb20vabpI81tvbzh4o1_500.gif

No, actually, no innuendos or fart jokes in that scene.
Which is good, because if someone is making innuendos or fart jokes when they're expecting they're about to die, what the hell is wrong with them. :tlol:

Candy Kappa
03-18-2016, 01:58 AM
No, no part of the movie was either touching or heartfelt. It went through those moments that was meant to be just that without them being justified. Moving to one set piece to another with no genuine character build is boring and not compelling.

Chabrendeki
03-18-2016, 04:16 AM

I found that scene just bad. Wen really don't see that Raph is so bad to his brothers, that he must "redeem" it. In fact: he does nothing that needs to be redeemed...

So this scene is only based, that he is the "cool but rude" guy, and what he has done... in OTHER films.

PS.: ehem... as Bry said before me just did it more eloquently...

Ninturtle
03-18-2016, 07:30 AM
I mean... I get what they were going for with that moment, but it fell totally flat, because nothing in the movie up to that point earned it at all. You had one moment of Raph saying he was leaving, 75-ish minutes of... not really doing much to sell the relationships or the bond, and then a sudden heartfelt speech immediately following a video-gamey clowny nonsense action scene. That is a wet fart.

Watching that, I felt like the only way to get any emotion from that moment is if you brought that emotion for the characters from previous versions of the franchise, not the movie itself. The writing was pretty incompetent.

Th scene also felt out of character, it felt like Leo should have said it.

Sabacooza
03-18-2016, 08:08 AM
I also found it very surprising that Leo said absolutely nothing.

Bry
03-18-2016, 09:26 AM
I also found it very surprising that Leo said absolutely nothing.

His personality in that movie amounted to "is present," soooo...

TonySiegel
03-18-2016, 10:43 AM
when they showed them as baby turtles and kid turtles... that was cool... i felt the magic in those moments...

but when they started dancing to gwen stefani that was wackkkkkk!

i felt like this through the whole movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPmDiOcDIpU

letscook89
03-18-2016, 01:56 PM
The only parts that felt emotional to me are :

1) the scene with the baby turtles and splinter

2) the whole scene of the lair fight and also when shredder tells the turtles to drop their weapons. I found this moment emotional with the ost.

3) when raph rescues his brothers and yell "Leo". I like his facial expression like "what did they do to my bros ?"

However this movie is an awful mix between serious, goofy and emotional moments. It doen't have a main ton. Liebesman really did a bad job.

plastroncafe
03-18-2016, 02:00 PM

Yes, but...that would require Show and not Tell storytelling, and that doesn't involve nearly as many actual explosions.

DarkLightDragon
03-18-2016, 02:55 PM
This also coming from the director who said adding the Yoshi/Saki rivalry would be "too complicated."

We're dealing with a bunch of geniuses here.:roll:

IndigoErth
03-18-2016, 03:13 PM
That was such a big excuse and nothing more, it had to be. Even if you choose to add a little of your own flavor to the backstory, how can the basic foundation of something already laid out for you like a guideline be "too complicated," yet you freely run off in left field to seek out unnecessary complication by trying to somehow force April Megan Fox to have some sort of magical hogosha connection. :roll:

Complication... no. A wrongheaded sense of trying to be unique...yes. *sigh*

Andrew NDB
03-18-2016, 03:17 PM
Did this movie touch you?
Where did it touch you?

http://www.marclamonthill.com/mlhblog/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/cosby%20smiling.jpg

CyberCubed
03-18-2016, 03:45 PM
By the law of averages there is at least one person out there who fapped to Megan Fox during her air-time in the movie. So someone touched themselves.

IndigoErth
03-18-2016, 05:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tTmJuId.jpg
That was not the question! :trazz: I know it played in 3D, but I'm not so sure films can touch you like that yet. :tlol:

Really though, looking at a plank of wood would have been cheaper if that was their goal...

The Deadman
03-18-2016, 05:34 PM
By the law of averages there is at least one person out there who fapped to Megan Fox during her air-time in the movie. So someone touched themselves.

Would that one person be you?

Etsyturtle2
03-18-2016, 06:00 PM
It touched me in all the right places.

ProphetofGanja
04-11-2016, 04:57 PM
His personality in that movie amounted to "is present," soooo...

they paid two different actors just to have a CGI character stand around and stare a lot

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IndigoErth
04-11-2016, 05:22 PM
So much wasted money.

Oddly, I guess they could have given the guy (Leo) a few more lines were it not for paying the other guy (Knoxville) more to say them.